Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Yaushe - Van Time Restored

Hoo boy, another jump. All right. Yaushe stretched, and reached, and the tethers released her much more easily this time. She sunk into the welcome embrace of the van's chassis, her mind spreading through the sleek metal frame, the mechanisms that whirred and clicked and hummed. She was home. Tiredness still tingled in her ectoplasm or whatever it was spirits were made out of- powering a van all this way was tiring, and jumping vessels twice in a short amount of time was not helping this- but she was home.

"I'm in," was what she chuffed to her friends.

@Dane-gerous@A-tak-nid

• Like 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi mumbled to himself, still a bit thrown off by that altercation at the field. He hadn’t meant to be rude, but that was no excuse, he should have waited for Varah to respond in her own way. He wandered around, tapping the huts and walls of Po-Koro with his Kiril Staff, when realization set in. If that island chain did exist, then his visions seemed indeed to be true. Which meant those two Toa were indeed in danger.

His fingers drummed his staff with unease, Toa Stannis still had not returned, and the village could not spare anyone to leave it. With the recent attack, they needed everyone on hand to try to defend the village. Still, Arkius might be able to find a solution, there was no harm in involving others.

Quickly Kanohi hooked a hut and launched himself across Po-Koro, rushing to find the Toa of Earth. He slung balls of gravity, and the spheres ripped him from the ground to fly. He traversed back to the hole where Arkius had stood, and he called down, “Arkius? W-we might have a problem. Not for Po-Koro, but elsewhere.”

OOC: @Onaku

IC Bode - Po-Koto

Bode continued to pace in his field, even as the Mahi slept. As he walked the ever-sprouting weeds eroded the stone terrain, grinding it into more of a loose gravel. Maybe he could terraform all of Po-Koro one day, make it actually habitable. In the meantime he say the Bo-Matoran studying the field stand up and walk away. Then, then was it safe? That would be a relief, he was helping the village.

But then he saw Varah again, and flinched. He … he was allowed to do this for now, but the villagers had to know of his crimes. If he was locked up, or executed, his help would end. Po-Koro would be down two Matoran with nothing to show for it. He … he couldn’t be arrested. But he … he knew what he had done, and the villagers did too. He could not remain free for long.

He … he wanted to go to Varah and confess, end this unresolved tension. But each time he looked to her, the realization of what he did sunk in. And he could not face it. Only … only continue to help the village as long as he was free to.

As he stared at her a Bo-Matoran approached Varah. Bode’s sensitive ears listened in as the Matoran of Plantlife whispered to her, “[/color=green]His weeds aren’t poisonous. They aren’t very nutritious, and their texture is disgusting, but there are no toxins, let alone any dangerous to Matoran or Mahi.[/color]”

Bode let out a sigh of relief, Ulkarr did want what was best for Po-Koro. He … he should have no doubt in the stranger. 

OOC: @Onaku

IC “Collector” - Ruined Fort

Collector and the others began to trek through the ruined fort, though the Vortixx was quiet, not sure what to say. They were unsure how to break the metaphorical ice, and they were honestly still a bit drowsy. They basically wandered like a Matoran hit by a Staff of Erasing, unsure what to do.

And then they stumbled upon a dead Skakdi, pinned by rubble from the fort. The debris sealed off the passageway, and the corpse was surrounded by a thin puddle. Looked like a Skakdi of ice, and he was … clutching a strange weapon seemingly glowing with an cya  aura. Could it be?

Collector all but tackled the carcass, their hands shaking. Ice. If they could harness this weapon, they had experience harnessing the cold thanks to their Kanoka Blade. It was Destiny for them to weld the element of ice.

They wrenched the weapon free of the corpse, tearing off a few fingers from their violent strength, before pressing the weapon to their chest, clutching it like a Matoran clinging to their late Turaga’s Mask. 

Then they remembered others were here, and they managed to say, “My apologies, I just never have had the opportunity to study this kind of weapon.” They did not release their grip, even as they said, “Can one of you move aside the debris, so we can continue looking?

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~ @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn let’s get started

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Zak-Yak (Mesi Tunnels)

8 hours ago, Dane-gerous said:

The Kanohi, especially for Vent, took a lot of concentration to maintain. So, as they held onto their temple, desperately trying to keep the Mesi glued to the ground, they didn't see the elemental attack coming.

Vent yelped as they were flung forward in a rainstorm blast, knocked to the ground and dazed.

Zak-Yak was mere moments from digging into the burly mesi's chest when he heard the sounds of whirling winds and splashing water blast out behind him. Looking behind himself towards the sound, Zak-Yak saw as Vent was blasted onto the ground by the combined elemental force of the two formerly-grounded mesi.

Staring as the two mesi, now freed, began to advance onto the dazed Vent, Zak-Yak was filled with a moment of indecision. "Oh no, master's follower is in danger, but Zak-Yak can get master heartlight." Making up his mind, Zak-Yak reached down towards the burly mesi with his mechanical arm, grasping the skakdi by their chest, and using all their strength threw the burly skakdi at the two mesi aggressing Vent.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Burnmad @Dane-gerous @Snelly

IC: Sala (Northern Fau Marshes)

17 hours ago, Kal the Guardian said:

Sorilax noted the smoke that was now drifting more slowly from the doorway in the boulders. The smell of death still lingered. However I think we should continue on. All this smoke is bound to attract Rahi and more Skakdi. Although I don’t need to use my Silence as we walk anymore and would very much like to know about exactly what you meant by ‘Red Star’ and ‘Great Beings within’.

Sala turned towards Sorilax as he placed his hand on Sala's shoulder, "Yeah, we should probably get going before anything else shows up." The two proceeding on their way away from the two graves and the burnout remains of what was once a home.

"You know, I'm kinda surprised you've never seen or heard of the Red Star, though I guess you wouldn't have context for it's significance. The Red Star is an astrological entity that is believed to be the place where the souls of the matoran go to after they die. Some people say that the Red Star is not exclusive to the matoran but no one has anyway to tell. There have been tales of people using the mask of reanimation and the mask of undeath to bring people back to life, but nothing conclusive came from them and usually tragedy marked such tales." A chill ran down Sala's spine has he thought of the idea of using such masks.

"As for the great beings, although we the matoran believe in the great spirit Mata-Nui, we do not believe Mata-Nui created our universe, he merely gave us the three virtues, life, and a purpose. It was the great beings who created the universe, including Mata-Nui himself, and it was believed that they dwelled within the Red Star." Looking towards the sun, Sala stared at it for a few moments, trying to gauge just how long till it finally sets. "You know, once night falls I could attempt to show you it if we can find it."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC: Uraborask (Wilderness)

For several hours, Uraborask drove in silence, regularly looking back at the bound and blinded trader, making sure that his bindings were still tied and his eyes were still covered. After the first hour the traderskak's protests silenced, only an occasional muffled sounds coming from the skakdi. After the Rig was beyond sight and the sun was just above the horizon did the truck finally stopped.

Jumping out of the truck, Uraborask pulled out the trader and placed him onto the barren earth that surrounded them alongside the dead muake in the truck bed. Keeping his hostage in sight, Uraborask began to work on the muaka corpse, diligently and carefully removing the teeth and claws of the beast, the best trophy he was going to get from the thing. Once the muaka was stripped of its teeth and claws, Uraborask dragged the corpse a good distance away from the truck, just within line of sight. By then, the sun had finally sunk below the horizon and night had fallen upon Zakaz.

From the truck, Uraborask focused on the corpse, the trader bound next to him, the rot and decay of the muaka soon attracting a flock of kewa, the flock slowly circling over the corpse. Within minutes, half of the kewas were digging into the meal clearly presented to them, and Uraborask had his bow trained on them. Sailing through the air, one of the kewas was skewered by the massive arrow, another arrow already in the air for another kill. Attempting a third shot, the kewas quickly escaped before Uraborask could add to his kills.

Two whole kewas, that should be good enough for now. Starting a fire with what little kindling he could scrounge from the truck and the nearby brush, Uraborask cooked the two kewas for himself and the trader, who was now ungagged. "Heh, how kind of you to finally grant me the opportunity to speak with you. You cooking something? I'm sure it's going to taste great, but I'm also sure it's going to look even better, so why not let me see what you're cooking, huh?" the tradeskak snidely remarked. "No, I do not know what kind of vision power you got and I do not care to find out, just be glad that I have not gouged out your eyes." After that statement, the tradeskak piped down, a look of uncomfortable tension on his face.

Once the kewas were cooked, Uraborask came over towards the bound skakdi, "I am going to untie your hands from your feet so you can eat, your legs and hands are still going to be bound and the blindfold stays, try anything and I will be forced feeding you from here on out." Turning over the trader, Uraborask went to work untying and retying the skakdi's legs and hands before setting up in a kneeling position, handing him a portion of the kewa for him to eat.

The meal continued for several minutes in silence before the trader broke it, "So, what are your plans with me, are you going to kill me or what?" "I came into contact with an aspect, I am going to give you to him as an offering." "Huh, never took you for a lapdog, always saw you as an independent spirit, but I guess the promise of power is tempting to anyone." The tradeskak snickered to himself at his jibe, as Uraborask snarled towards the skakdi, "I am not a lapdog. I just know who is at the top of the food chain, something skakdi like you need to learn." "Skakdi like me? I was just a humble trader trying to make a living till you kidnapped me." "You are a scavenger and a thief, just as bad as any skakdi. You are vermin, an invasive species to this ecosystem, you are the reason this island is in the state it is." "And you think you're above this problem?" "I do not think I am above it, I just make sure to stay out of it."

Tensions lingered in the air, the tradeskak starting to shift nervously realizing that he may have messed up, jumping when Uraborask spoke again, "I do not hate other skakdi, I can not blame them for what they are, I just hate what they have done. But you know what I do hate...useless talk, talk about things that should be self-evident to baying mahi like you." Grabbing the tradeskak, Uraborask tossed him into the backseat of the truck before putting out the fire and tossing what remain of the two kewas. Onwards through the night Uraborask drove and by the time the sun reached it's peak the next day, Po-Koro was in sight.

Reaching the settlement, Uraborask parked outside of the front gates, just outside the perimeter of the iron crosses. Hopping outside of his vehicle, Uraborask took the tradeskak outside of the truck and dumped him a few feet away from the truck, warning him that if he tried anything that he would track him and leave him with no way to escape again before finally approaching the front gates in full few of the settlement.

OOC: @Harvali

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 5

IC: Providence - Mesi Tunnels

"Thanks, blue person!" Providence said, accepting the warrior's hand and letting them pull him up. He had no problem with the being's own killing, of course; that was just a part of the brutal... ecosystem of Zakaz, if you will.

Exterminating these Mesi was both impractical and unnecessary; with the person they had been about to sacrifice freed, their priority had ought to be getting out. The Aspect took a second to look around the chamber. Deciding that Vent was the most in need of assistance at the moment, he animated the shadows of their aggressors to wrestle them to the ground before they could harm the Tiokaha.

OOC: @Dane-gerous @Snelly @Sparticus147 @Vezok's Friend

IC: Jutori - Campsite/Rummaging Through Fort

The Ba-Toa had decided he'd follow the rest of the group as they looked around, his element useful for moving rubble and other debris. Coming across another Skakdi corpse, none of them even had a chance to study it before Collector had leapt upon it and wrenched a tool from its hands. Jutori was...taken aback, to say the least.

"Hey, uh, I wouldn't be too eager to start looting these guys. I'm not in the business of desecrating dead bodies."

He shook his head and sighed, deciding to comply with the Vortixx's request, and began using his element to clear out the debris. "Anybody wanna help this go by faster, or are we making me do all the heavy lifting?" he joked, trying not to focus on Collector's actions.

@Snelly@~Xemnas~@pokemonlover360@Harvali@Onaku

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC “Collector” - Ruined Fort

Collector thought things over. They had no love of these Skakdi, they never even met this one, but their roughness with the corpse seemed to make this a Toa uneasy. And that meant it would make Matoran uneasy. They did not want to make Matoran uneasy, they wanted Matoran to be their friend.

But what was wrong with scavenging a body? It’s what you would do … on … Xia.

They flinched at that thought, they … they slid their new weapon away, avoiding eye contact. It was too … reflective. Finally they spoke up, though their words soon devolved into a stammering sputter, “You are right, my apologies. I … should have not been so callous. I … I apologize, I — Karzahni, the words I want to say are … difficult.“ 

They backed away from their discomfort and began to speak with an imitation of their usual demeanor, though the tempo of their words was slightly more frantic, “Well, I cannot change what I said, apologies are pointless. But I can do better for the future. Do we know how the native Skakdi treated their deceased? I know some Matoran will wear the masks of their dead to have a link to them, while others will bury their masks in shrines?

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~ @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Mahryo - Tunnels

With whistling and humming now out of the question, Mahryo began to toss a fireball between his hands - igniting a new one every few seconds, once the previous fireball had dissipated. The darkness of the tunnels was beginning to agitate him. Adventure was splendid! But the dark was... less so.

@Jakura Nuva@Toru Nui@Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparticus147 said:

IC: Sala (Northern Fau Marshes)

Sala turned towards Sorilax as he placed his hand on Sala's shoulder, "Yeah, we should probably get going before anything else shows up." The two proceeding on their way away from the two graves and the burnout remains of what was once a home.

"You know, I'm kinda surprised you've never seen or heard of the Red Star, though I guess you wouldn't have context for it's significance. The Red Star is an astrological entity that is believed to be the place where the souls of the matoran go to after they die. Some people say that the Red Star is not exclusive to the matoran but no one has anyway to tell. There have been tales of people using the mask of reanimation and the mask of undeath to bring people back to life, but nothing conclusive came from them and usually tragedy marked such tales." A chill ran down Sala's spine has he thought of the idea of using such masks.

"As for the great beings, although we the matoran believe in the great spirit Mata-Nui, we do not believe Mata-Nui created our universe, he merely gave us the three virtues, life, and a purpose. It was the great beings who created the universe, including Mata-Nui himself, and it was believed that they dwelled within the Red Star." Looking towards the sun, Sala stared at it for a few moments, trying to gauge just how long till it finally sets. "You know, once night falls I could attempt to show you it if we can find it."

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - South of Irrnak’s Tooth (7, 10)

With - Sala

Eventually all pools of water and pockets of mud were lost in the passing landscape. Low foothills began to rise, nothing in comparison to the majesty that sat before them. Irrnak’s Tooth. The ground grew hard and rocky as the elevation climbed.

The pair of travelers spent all afternoon and evening traversing the landscape. Only once did they have to deviate their course, avoiding a Nui-Jaga Sorilax had noticed the recent tracks of. At one point they had to hunker down in a cluster of rocks and wait for the sound of an ACR to pass, but they were soon on their way again. There was no point taking risks. Sala had said ACRs were a new thing to Matoran, so any ACRs they heard were bound to be Skakdi piloted.

As they walked, Sala related to the Aspect his tale of souls and Great Beings. It was incredible information if true. If someone had actually created that giant robot, then that would mean they had power far above that which Sorilax currently knew existed. But to work with souls and virtues? That was a whole other level of knowledge. Sorilax had to learn more about this Red Star. He jealously wrote down all that Sala spoke, soaking in the revelations.

To create something so massive, and for it to be able to grant life and virtues? Unheard of! BwaHaHaHa!” Sorilax laughed in joy and awe, “I wonder what is actually possible in this universe? To live in a star? How? What even is a star? I have yet to study the heavens, but it seems to me that the universe out there is as complex as the island upon which we now stand.

I wonder if all stars possess this soul catching technology. If any of this is true, then that means that several other universal constants may actually be instituted by these ‘Great Beings’. And if that holds true, then maybe I could achieve my Grand Wish after all.

Sorilax looked longingly to the sky, searching out the Red Star even though no stars yet shone. Lazy clouds were drifting around as the sun started to set after a long day of travel. The rocks underneath them began to cool as the sun was lost behind the giant robot head. “Sala, I think you should know this. Ultimately, I seek to be able to control Life itself. At least in the sense that I personally check every creature and being before their creation, making sure when they are formed that none are left wanting. That none end up like me, as I constantly seek to make up for my inherently negative nature as an Aspect of Makuta. I want everyone to be able to stand on equal footing. That all new life is default morally equal to each other. The imbalance currently present in this world is unbearable.

That is my Grand Wish. Hopefully I can keep my pride out of it and purely focus on others along the way. I don’t want to get lost in the power.

Sorilax went to shake his head in thought, but his neck remained frozen in place, “I know not how I’ll accomplish it yet. And it will require the unfortunate taking of life for Desecration Rites. But for the sake of all, accomplish it I must.

In his introspection, Sorilax had forgotten to answer the orange and white Matoran. The Aspect very much indeed wanted to see this Red Star. Maybe something could be gleaned from it.

The sky grew a deep orange as the sun neared the horizon on the other side of the great robot head.

OOC: @Sparticus147

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

IC: Triki, Tunnels (Alone??)

"How-ya doin' there, buddy-friend?" Triki asked the supposedly very large Rahi moving around in the darkness.  "You wanna play-romp in tunnel-dirt, have much fun-times, yes?"  He turned back and yelled "Heya guys, come meet my new bestie!"  However, he was surprised to see nothing but darkness, and hear nothing but the rumblings of the Rahi.  Mahryo and Lueiji had apparently stopped following him, as well as the robo-head Vahki.

"Whoopsy, looks like my friends got lost-ified," Triki explained to the Rahi beast.  "You want to help me seek-find them?  Then we can all play-romp together!"

@Vezok's Friend

:music: 

• Like 1

IC: Oreius | Stannis's Vault, The Archives 

Oreius looked on, stone-faced, as the holo played out. Another apparition from the past, a little more real than memory.

Leah. Another name he had almost managed to forget. If anyone could've convinced him to stay, it would've been her. Who knew where she was now? He pretended to hope that she and the rest of the Maru had made it out of the universe before it ended, but he knew in his heart that they were long lost. The finality of that thought was unexpectedly painful--he hadn't thought those memories were still sharp enough to cut. Hadn't time dulled their edges yet? How much longer would it take?

"Let's start with anything Stannis might know about the Barraki," he said wearily. "Hiripaki. What files do you have on Pridak?"

IC: Taja | Aboard the Taku

The Toa managed to sit up on the bunk, although the effort left her head spinning. 

"Is that thing still here?" she gasped. "I want to see it."

IC: Tuakana | Metru-Koro

Their long fingers closed slowly around the heartlight. They could feel it beating weakly. Pumping nothing. Light peeked through their fist.

"As promised," they echoed. 

They had not done the ritual in a long time. The sun and moon flickered across the sky too quickly for them to count. The seasons were easier to count, but harder to notice. By the time they realized the leaves were changing, snow was falling.

Years, then. Too similar to each other. But long enough to count. It had been hundreds, surely. 

They had forgotten more secrets than they remembered. They grieved the loss. Power that could not be recalled. Strength that could not be regained. But this was one secret they would never forget.

"As promised."

The shadows danced in the corners, licking at the light. They seemed to grow larger. Or perhaps the room grew smaller. Everything became dim, as if seen through a veil.

"Starlight," they croaked, their voice like stones on stones. Like underground rivers. Like grinding bones.

"Starlight. Heartlight. First and last. Shine bright. Nine times nine and seven bells. Drink deep. Eat well."

The shadows swirled around them, hovering in the air. Falh watched, fascinated, as they formed shapes and figures in the air that lasted only moments before dissolving.

"Long ago. First of three. Fire. Earth. Sky. Sea. Tend the fire. Burning low. Plant the seed. Watch it grow."

A tree of shadows bloomed between them. Three figures stood around it, surrounded by black flames.

"Take the fruit. Taste the flesh. Given freely. Eaten fresh."

They stood under the tree now. They were the three. Aspect. Toa. Heartlight.

"Tang of blood. Salt of sweat. Learn my ways. Pay your debt."

Their voice boomed around them. It came from everywhere and nowhere. It was the voice of the earth.

"Young from old. New from dead. Tapestry. Scarlet thread."

The heartlight hung between them, glowing faintly. It still beat. Pulsing in the air.

"Warp of story. Weft of tale. Weave of myth. Tear the veil."

Then everything went dark.

"Goodbye."

"Hello."

They asked. They answered. They called back and forth from themselves.

"Step forth into the darkness and prepare the gift."

The heart went thu-thump in the air. Shining softly.

"A star's heart. Still beating. Still lit."

Falh felt himself step forward. Of was it them? It was hard to tell where each of the three ended and the other began.

"Two midnight horrors cry and shift. Make them squirm inside the pit."

Before his eyes, the heartlight began to beat faster.

"Bind worm and willing host."

It wriggled with each pulse. It seemed to elongate with each beat. 

"Tear the yolk. Spread its gold."

The light suddenly broke, and the heart unfurled into a writhing length of flesh.

"Devour knowledge and their ghost."

He stood before what was left of the heartlight. They stood on the other side. Looking at him without eyes. Speaking words without lips.

"Pray for prey forever sold."

He felt it enter him. It squirmed under his flesh. 

"Hello."

Were they speaking? Or was it?

"Goodbye."

At this last word, the darkness vanished.

They stood in the doorway, palm extended.

Everything was as before.

• Like 8

IC: Mahryo - Uh Oh

The sounds of battle began to echo from up ahead, and a grin spread across Mahryo's face. Battle meant adventure! Battle meant the chance to be a hero! And most importantly...
...battle might lead out of this cursed tunnel!

"Come along, Lueji! NU! Other miscellaneous robots!" He pulled out his wrench, spinning it in his right hand while a new fireball flickered to life in his left. "This must be Takadox - only a dastardly villain would hide within these tunnels of doom! Let's go!"

He charged forward, leaping into a cavern of sorts. There were several individuals present, fighting a group of strange creatures. Mahryo hesitated.

Which one is our Takadox? He wondered, observing the battle. There was an armored figure being assisted by someone else in blue, and someone wearing gray armor with white stripes tangling with multiple of the creatures. A robot (the name Exo-Toa popped into Mahryo's mind) was present as well - and another Skakdi. The familiar sight of one of his own kind brought relief to Mahryo's heart. A little touch of home in such a chaotic environment... whatever home was. There it was again now, a headache. Served him right for trying to remember.

Now... who to fight first? Entering as late as he had, he was struggling to distinguish the heroes from the villains. Just the sort of sneaky scheme a villain would concoct!

@Toru Nui@Jakura Nuva@Burnmad@Snelly@Sparticus147@Dane-gerous

• Like 2

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Navu's Place (As Promised)

Something wasn't right.

The wriggling, the endless wriggling. It had just been a vision, a trick of Tuakana's power. But it continued on his own flesh.

He looked down to his shoulder.

A bright red, and yellowish slug clung to his otherwise untainted armour. It wriggled but stayed put, grafted to him.

"What...? What is this?" He asked, in a whispered tone. "What have you done to me, demon?"

OOC: @Eyru @Toru Nui

Edited by Dane-gerous
  • Like 1

IC: NU-8020S (Mesi Cavern)

Facial recognition software had a positive match. "Target acquired." NU-8020S pointed dramatically to the armoured blue one, mostly for Mahryo and his brother's benefit. "Takadox confirmed. Reminder: we must take him alive. This means he has to be breathing, or something. I'm not sure."

The three Vahki then began fighting forward to where Takadox was, using their staffs as weapons against any Mesi suicidal enough to get in their way.

@Vezok's Friend@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@Burnmad@Dane-gerous@Snelly@Sparticus147

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro, Outside Navu's Hut)

A good question. What had been done to Falh? She wasn't entirely sure of what she just witnessed, and frankly she didn't want to be sure. She wanted to get away from this, and get away she did, running away. Again. This was becoming pathetic - well, more pathetic than it was already.

@Dane-gerous@Eyru

IC [Strange Tunnels - Crossed Paths]:

The Exo Toa’s claw managed to make contact with 3 of his assailants, as the six had come at him from different directions. . Two yelped and went flying, the third managed to hang on to the extended arm and started hacking at the appendage. That left three more. One of them froze, realizing what they were up against, but the other two leaped. One went for Varian’s back, the other went for the rocket arm to throw off its aim.

Vent’s assailants heard the grunt of effort with which Zak-Yak hurled the brute and they tried to get away - only to find their legs held back by their own shadows. The duo shrieked, before getting knocked over by the mass of the airborne burly Mesi. But already more were clamoring to take the offensive.

“Come on.” the warrior said to Providence. He tried to sound calm, but there was panic in his tones as he urged to get over to Vent. “We gotta go!”

Just then, another shift went through the crowd of Mesi, their heads turning to one of the other numerous tunnels leading to the cavern. Emerging from it were more strangers. 

“Friends of yours?” the warrior asked Vent and Providence.

Meanwhile, Mahryo, Lueiji and the Vahki under Nu8020 could see their target, but between them stood two dozen of the strange, eyeless Skakdi and too many to count spread out across the rest of the cavern. Those that noticed the newcomers howled in a strange voice and started to approach, weapons drawn. More strange intruders defiling this sacred site. They had to be dealt with.

The advancing Vahki managed to debilitate 4 Mesi, before the cave-dwellers responded in kind. A duo lifted their arms and a fireball empowered by a blast of air was hurled at the mechanical enforcers. Following right after were Mesi with spears, ready to skewer these heathens.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Edelgard @Dane-gerous @Jakura Nuva @Burnmad @Snelly @Sparticus147

IC [Strange tunnels - Making new friends]:

The answer was another wave of warm air washing over the Matoran, followed by a low, rumbling growl. With the Vahki’s lights gone, his eyes had taken a moment to adapt to the near perfect darkness, but he could see the walls a bit better now. They were spiky. Very spiky. Like...teeth?

Something dripped onto Triki’s shoulder. Come to think of it, the ground was a bit softer here compared to three steps ago. It dawned that the movement he saw up ahead wasn’t the outside of the Rahi and that he was standing in the opening of something that was not a cave.

OOC: @xccj

• Like 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

"I don't have any other friends, so probably not," Prov answered, still standing in place. As he focused, the shadow of the unconscious Tiokaha stood up and began dragging Vent roughly along the ground. Cuts and bruises were better than being sacrificed.

The shadows of the Skakdi that had been knocked over continued to fight without their owners' awareness, congregating around Vent and their own shadow. Protecting the strange pair from any Mesi that drifted too close.

"I don't think we have time to find out. Let's get out of here!"

OOC: @Dane-gerous @Snelly @Sparticus147 @Edelgard @Jakura Nuva @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

IC: Taja | Aboard the Taku 

Taja struggled to her feet, breathing hard. Iradra was supporting more of her weight than her own legs were, but the other Toa uttered no word of protest. One shaky step at a time, they made their way towards the bridge. 

They arrived in time to hear Whisper's pointed question of Stannis. Taja herself was curious how the old Toa knew so much, but she was more interested in if he knew anything that could undo the damage that had been done to her.

She would wait a moment to ask that question. Legs trembling and face pale, she didn't quite trust herself to open her mouth.

OOC: @BULiK @Nato the Traveler @Onaku and whoever else is on the bridge.

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

While Whisper responded to Stannis, Knichou heard the distorted crackle of a voice as he was contacted over his armor's communication system. Exuze had noticed Taja and Iradra begin slowly making their way up to the bridge, and had walked over to the nearest communications station to contact Knichou.

"Cap'n, the injured lady's comin' up to ya."

While Whisper began questioning Stannis, Knichou pressed a button to unlock and open the door to the bridge, revealing Iradra supporting a visibly exhausted Taja.

"Here, take a seat," Knichou told Taja, the Toa of Iron walking over to the pilot's chair and swiveling it backwards so it would face the group of beings on the bridge. "Just don't press any buttons."

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Mahryo - Tunnel

"Takadox!" Mahryo yelled, pointing dramatically at the one NU had identified as Takadox. "Remain where you are, villain! We have come to-"

Whatever the rest of Mahryo's truly heroic speech was going to be was forgotten, as his attention was drawn by the Mesi. His eyes glowed, and then beams of light shot out, as he swept his gaze across them - shrinking them all to half their usual height and size. He held out his hand to Lueji.

"It's time for a Bros. Attack™, Lueji!" he called. "Use your vines!"

@Toru Nui @Jakura Nuva @Burnmad @Dane-gerous @Snelly @Sparticus147 @Vezok's Friend

• Like 3

IC: Triage - The Taku

"Taja! You're up," Triage said, noticing the Toa arrive with Iradra. He hadn't expected her to join them, but maybe her presence would be helpfu, especially towards learning more about the effects of what Whisper had done. "How are you feeling?" he asked, coming up beside her.

@Eyru@Onaku

IC: Jutori - Ruined Fort

"Your guess is as good as mine, I've got no idea what the natives here do," Jutori replied, before lifting a particularly large bit of rubble and setting it down adjacent to the group with visible exertion. 

@Snelly@~Xemnas~@pokemonlover360@Harvali@Onaku

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

NU-8020S and the other Vahki quickly moved out of the fireball's path with their computerized reaction-time. One of them, the one carrying the Staffs of Command, was not quite fast enough, but he was a robot, so it didn't do much damage. With the surrounding hostiles preoccupied with being shrank down to Matoran-like proportions, they continued to push forward through the cavern, towards Takadox and his would-be rescuers, leaving Mahryo and Lueiji to deal with the rabble.

"HALT!" NU-8020S's vocabulator blared to full volume to address them while wading through the Mesi. "YOU ARE AIDING A KNOWN CRIMINAL! STAY WHERE YOU ARE! DO NOT MOVE! DO NOT MOOOOOVE!"

@Vezok's Friend@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@Burnmad@Snelly@Dane-gerous@Sparticus147

IC: Mega And The Gang - Zakaz, Metru-Koro

After a long, somewhat quiet ride, a lightning streaked van soon began to approach Metru-Koro. 

Mega's eyes widened at the size of the place. She hadn't reckoned something so big could be built in just a week.

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl @A-tak-nid (and anyone else that wants to interact with this cluster####)

Edited by Dane-gerous
  • Like 2

IC, Atamai: Ruined Fort

"Yeah, the native Skakdi have probably had a lot of time to develop their own culture and funerary rights, but it's possible that they may retain some similarity to burial procedures of our Skakdi."

Atamai continued helping his companions move rubble, using his elemental power whenever he could. He began to catch a glimpse of something up ahead.

"Hey, I see something! Looks like... a vehicle, maybe?"

OOC: @Harvali @pokemonlover360 @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn

IC: Reliable Narrator | Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire

Rangi, Xane, and Enra traveled for a time before reaching the ruins Xane and Enra saw deep in the forest from their earlier vantage point on the side of Irnakk’s Tooth. The crumbling ziggurat rose high above the treeline. At the level of the travelers was a wide, stone staircase ascending the outside covered in soot that rose to the very top where a great broken gong glinted against the darkening sky. Directly ahead of them, in the center of the stairs, was an open hallway. 

The hallway let out dank air from deeper inside the ruin like the dying breath of a god of halitosis. With the skakdi’s impressive vision, Xane could see that the hallway continued deep into the ziggurat until only darkness prevailed. 

OOC: Welcome to the Ruins of Fire, @Nato the Traveler, @Onaku, and @Toru Nui. :) 

This is absolutely a puzzle space, so if you go inside I'll do my best to respond quickly and give you lots of clues. :D

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

"Uh."

Providence wasn't sure what made one a 'criminal' in Zakazian society. Nor was he certain what a criminal even was. This truth, coupled with the fact that he was entirely unfamiliar with the approaching individuals, meant that the Aspect was not particularly inclined to comply.

Perhaps Vent would have protested had the Tiokaha been conscious, but alas. As their shadow finished dragging them over to Prov, he bent down and lifted his new friend's slight form onto his shoulders.

Zak-Yak was nowhere to be seen amidst the chaos, and would likely follow Varian's lead regardless. Providence supposed he had done everything he could to consolidate his allies together, and so he urged the blue fellow: "We should get out of here. This way!"

He still remembered the layout of the tunnels from when he'd probed them with shadow, and so he led the warrior towards an exit that would take them in a surface-ward direction. A handful of animated shadows stayed behind to block the advancing newcomers with their bodies-- though the Vahki would find that the shadow people did nothing to harm them, merely blocking the way with their bodies until dispatched.

OOC: @Dane-gerous @Snelly @Sparticus147 @Edelgard @Jakura Nuva @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

IC: Zsann - Zakaz, Metru-Koro

Zsann eyed Metru-Koro with curiousity. This was definitely something different than the wastes and the van. She was not sure why they had come here, but at least she would be able to stock up on supplies.

The Skakdi glanced over to Mega. What was she thinking, there were clearly more important matters at hand. Stop thinking like a lone Skak, Zsann, she told herself, this is not your old life anymore, and they are your friends.

OOC: @Dane-gerous @ZippyWharrgarbl

Edited by A-tak-nid
added formatting and tags to a former mobile post

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

IC: Lueiji - Tunnel

Lueiji sighs, planting his feet firmly into the ground. He slaps his hand into his brother's.

"Okie-dokie," he says, sweeping his other hand out in front of him. He sends a flurry of vines shooting forward towards their newfound foes.

@Toru Nui @Burnmad @Dane-gerous @Snelly @Sparticus147 @Vezok's Friend @Edelgard

Edited by Jakura Nuva
  • Like 1

"RUNNING IS ILL-ADVISED." The Vahki swiftly overpowered the shadow clones, but not swiftly enough to stop Takadox and his allies from escaping. But NU-8020S fired a blast from her Staffs of Presence after them.

@Vezok's Friend@Burnmad@Snelly@Sparticus147@Dane-gerous@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire)

Enra let out a disgusted noise as she fanned the foul air away with her hand. She ignited her shock gauntlets to serve as a makeshift source of light, holding them up as she entered the ancient ruins. "Consider yourselves lucky that 'ladies first' is a thing."

@Unreliable Narrator@Nato the Traveler@Onaku

IC: Varian - Strange Tunnels -

Varian retracted his extended arm, before slamming it against the cavern wall multiple times in order to get the Mesi off of him. As his allies called for a retreat, Varian nodded and began to follow them out, attempted to shake off any remaining Mesi that were clinging to him as he did. He ignored the Vahki that had ordered them to stay, he did not know who or what they were, and did not care. 

@Vezok's Friend@Burnmad@Sparticus147@Dane-gerous@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@Toru Nui

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Sala (Southern Irrnak's Tooth)

22 hours ago, Kal the Guardian said:

To create something so massive, and for it to be able to grant life and virtues? Unheard of! BwaHaHaHa!” Sorilax laughed in joy and awe, “I wonder what is actually possible in this universe? To live in a star? How? What even is a star? I have yet to study the heavens, but it seems to me that the universe out there is as complex as the island upon which we now stand.

I wonder if all stars possess this soul catching technology. If any of this is true, then that means that several other universal constants may actually be instituted by these ‘Great Beings’. And if that holds true, then maybe I could achieve my Grand Wish after all.

Seeing Sorilax's excitement over the idea that some old matoran legends might not just be true, but could also be the key to what he needs to accomplish his goal, gave Sala a deep sense of satisfaction. But, wait a moment, Sorilax was onto something here. Someone had to have made Mata-Nui, and if Mata-Nui was real, maybe the great beings were real, and the Red Star was some sort of haven for the dead. Even with the end of the world, some questions still lingered from the old.

Sala, I think you should know this. Ultimately, I seek to be able to control Life itself. At least in the sense that I personally check every creature and being before their creation, making sure when they are formed that none are left wanting. That none end up like me, as I constantly seek to make up for my inherently negative nature as an Aspect of Makuta. I want everyone to be able to stand on equal footing. That all new life is default morally equal to each other. The imbalance currently present in this world is unbearable.

That is my Grand Wish. Hopefully I can keep my pride out of it and purely focus on others along the way. I don’t want to get lost in the power.

Sorilax went to shake his head in thought, but his neck remained frozen in place, “I know not how I’ll accomplish it yet. And it will require the unfortunate taking of life for Desecration Rites. But for the sake of all, accomplish it I must.

So, that is what Sorilax wanted. But, was it right? From the sounds of it Sorilax wanted to make it so that any new life that comes into existence had more moral light, which would be a good thing, right? But wouldn't that take some agency out of those affected, or would it be a necessary…good?…Sala didn't know, he was a chronicler not a philosopher, that sort of question would be better suited for a ga-matoran or a turaga, maybe even a ko-matoran would be able to answer that question better then him.

The sky grew a deep orange as the sun neared the horizon on the other side of the great robot head.

"Hey Sorilax, the sun is going to set soon, we should find a place to settle down for the night and we could see if we can find the Red Star. Who knows, maybe we could learn something from it."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC: Zak-Yak (Mesi Tunnels)

Zak-Yak took a moment to appreciate his success against the two mesi, before the air was perforated by the mechanical screech of a vahki. Startled by the cry, Zak-Yak shifted out of the material state just before a mesi from behind him had an opportunity to strike.

Realizing that his companions were starting to retreat, Zak-Yak quickly made his way over to Varian, who was being assaulted and covered by other mesi aggressors. Enraged by this desecration from his ignorant brethren, Zak-Yak latched onto the back of Varian, swinging his mechanical arm at any mesi within reach screaming out, "Back! Back wretched heathens, you no touch glorious master. BACK!"

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Snelly @Burnmad @Dane-gerous @Edelgard @Jakura Nuva @Toru Nui

• Like 2

IC: Vashni - Ruined Fort -

Vashni began to assist Jutori in clearing the debris,  "I'm not sure how the natives of this land bury their dead, but perhaps we will get the chance to ask them."

@pokemonlover360 @Tarn @Onaku @~Xemnas~ @Harvali

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar