Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC, Whira: Ash Barrens

Whira looked up and saw another one of her siblings coming down from the top of the temple, this one a more monstrous form then herself or the first Aspect. She knew that several of her siblings had chosen more unconventional forms, so she was unfazed.

"Siblings, why have we been summoned here? Surely we haven't been brought here just to socialize."

OOC: @Eyru @Sparticus147

IC, Atamai: Ruins of Stone

Atamai began to lead the Odd Company into the ziggurat, making note of the hieroglyphs on the walls as he did.

• Like 1

IC: Apex (Fire Temple)

"Indeed the old ways still endure Tuakana, unlike this island it seems unfortunately." Tuakana, Apex remembered this one. Apex thought herself to be closer to Tuakana than the other aspects, but Tuakana's obsession with preventing death did make her an enemy against the natural flow of life, but Apex did not care...yet. But this other one, their scent is fresh and unfamiliar, one born from a time after her own. "I came for the promise of power, of strength, young one. Speaking of which, who are you, one from after my time?" Apex growled in her low tone, staring down towards Whira.

OOC: @Eyru @~Xemnas~

IC Vulimai (Metru-Koro)

As Vulimai asked her question to the other toa, Vulimai could tell the tension that suddenly sprung to life from her statement. Thinking it better to not continue her line of questioning, Vulimai simply turned to return to her office at the garrison, leaving the two toa with the message of if they needed direction on how to help the settlement against the League they can find her in her office.

OOC: @Eyru @The UltimoScorp @Onaku

IC: Uraborask (Metru-Koro Outskirts)

Uraborask didn't even reply to the aspect as he left the truck, he simply drove away, leaving the aspect to their own business. Uraborask was unamused with the turn of events, all he wanted was to hunt now and he knew a good target, driving back the way he came, back towards Po-Koro.

OOC: @Toru Nui

• Like 1

IC: Providence - Nearing the Surface

"My first reflex is to say that I'm not one of 'them', but I'm not 100% sure who 'them' is referring to, so..." It occurred to him that the blue-armored figure had asked him about Zak-Yak. The Aspect had failed to realize it at the time, as Zak-Yak was currently invisible. "Oh, and Zak-Yak isn't with the other Mesi. From what I gather, he seems to think that the robot man is a god or something." That wasn't quite right. Zak-Yak actually thought that Varian was an Aspect, like Providence himself was, but the Mesi also thought that Aspects were gods. Which wasn't quite true, at least not yet.

But he was pretty sure that his new (and blue) companion would only be more confused by those extra details, and so he kept things simple for now.

"In any case, we're definitely not gonna sacrifice you, if that's what you're asking. Unless we get a really good offer in return, that is... Kidding!"

Prov straightened up as he heard Vent stirring on his shoulder. "It's OK, friend, we're almost out."

OOC: @Dane-gerous @Snelly @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

“I … I can’t lead them,” Turaga Jovan managed as Kanohi approached, “I am … I am not strong enough. I failed my people too often.” He was looking at a small piece of rust, which he levitated back and forth like a leaf in a faint breeze. 

I … I understand. I … I struggle too. You… you know what the Turaga of my home island would tell me? Don’t focus on what you can’t do, focus on what you can do, instead of being overwhelmed by the world, do small manageable tasks. And … and that’s it’s better to do a small basic thing like washing your hands, than to be paralyzed by your mind.

”…I can’t lead.”

That is okay. But Toa Arkius, when he was digging, he found tunnels, and in the one close to Po-Koro he found a vein of Protodermis. If … if you could use your element to pull the ore free, without disrupting the earth, we could make more tools, maybe even Kanoka.

”Tunnels? Who … who made them?”

We … we think it was a Rahi. And we don’t want to alert it. So if you could slowly pull the ore free, gradually, at your own pace, without disturbing the ground, it could help us.

”…”

You don’t have to lead, you don’t need to be responsible for Matoran, just go slow, steady, doing a repetitive physical task like mining will distract you from … everything, and it … it’s silly, but it could really help us, and could give the Matoran some hope.

”I … I will try.”

IC “Collector” The Northern Wastes

Collector shook their head at the ziggurat, not in disbelief but with satisfaction. Their suggestion was right, there was a ruin corresponding to the Great Disk. But this was just one ruin, would each Great Disk hiding spot having a ruin corresponding to it?

Regardless they followed the others inside, asking Atamai, “What was the Great Disk’s hiding place like? You say there were symbols here like there were there, might there be clues in that puzzle‘s answers to this one?

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~ @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn

IC Mahrika - Northwest Barrens above the Impact Site

Mahrika continued to wander through the barrens of Zakaz, her large feet waddling across the sands. As she walked her telescopic lens swept over the landscape — was that a dust cloud. Her hand swung behind her and drew her disk of freezing, clutching it tight as an icy mist drifted off from its rim. She stared at the distant shape, clutching her disk like a Le-Matoran to a cliff side tree.

Was … no it … it was nothing. Not a Skakdi raiding party. She did not sheath her disk though, out here in the desert she was vulnerable, easy prey. She … she was helpless aside from the disk, her muscles atrophied after hiding for millennia, she … if they came she couldn’t protect Vokarda, couldn’t even protect herself. 

Vokarda squirmed inside her chest, massaging her spine, soft and slow. ”I … thank you,” Mahrika swallowed, “You always know how to keep me calm. Let’s … let’s keep going.” She continued to waddle through the desert, but did not release the disk. Just … just in case.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Ulkarr (Metru-Koro Outskirts)

Ulkarr watched with disdain as Uraborask and his truck drove away, especially considering he was driving back in the direction of Po-Koro.

During the journey here, he... heard something. He couldn't exactly explain what it was. A call, coming from somewhere near the volcano. But such things could wait.

As he walked to the settlement's gates, he contacted Bode telepathically. Booodeee... the Skakdi has delivered me to Metru-Koro, and now he is heading back in your direction. Be wary of him, as without the ritual I cannot guarantee he will keep to his word. I have also heard something which I cannot quite explain. Some form of summons, beckoning me to the ashen lands in the shadow of the volcano. But I will finish my business in Metru-Koro before investigating that. Now, has anything happened in Po-Koro since last we communicated?

@Harvali

OOC: An Ancient Wail, Drakken's Theme -- FlyByNo, @Burnmad, @Harvali

IC: Reliable Narrator for Ollem and Mahrika | The Wastes, (7,8)

Dust and sand formed a cloud whipping across the view of two strangers in the water-starved steppe lands of the Wastes. One approached from the east, the other approached from the West. One had seen her world destroyed, hiding in fear. The other had seen his world destroyed, unable to act in his ignorance. Mahrika clutched her disk of freezing and listened to the squirming inside her heart. Ollem studied the movement of the sands, weapon at the ready. Neither saw each other through the blowing sands.

But they both saw what the sands revealed as they parted. Out of the sudden storm stood a strange monument. Six toa spires encircling a single point, curling inwards, reached like broken ribs toward the heavens. They were made of metal, now weathered and green. In the center rested a small single story gazebo, and underneath a shape both matoran knew intimately despite coming from different times: a suva. 

A toa of water clad in dark clothing stood, like a mirage, next to the suva. Her shape seemed to flicker and dance with the light.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Coliseum, Private Floor 49, (5,10)

"Ah yes, Pridak is available. Please head up."

OOC: @Toru Nui

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Fire, (8,10)

Both of the skakdi bent down to inspect the basin. The basin they looked at rested atop a podium about chest height for a matoran. The podium was made of lava rock. The basin was made of a dark obsidian as best they could tell. How the pool of lava stayed a semi-solid within the basin seemed impossible, yet it existed before them. A small air bubble rose to the surface and released with a puff of sulfurous gas.

OOC: @Toru Nui, @Nato the Traveler, @Onaku

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
Added Ruin of Fire
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Achro (The Coliseum, Throne Room)

Achro entered Pridak's throne room. He didn't understand why he felt the need to have an entire room dedicated to just sitting down. It was very strange.

"Lord Pridak! I have visited upon the Onu-Metru Archives, but there's a slight problem. Most of the underground zoo has been filled to the brim with Red Smoke, but there's a particularly durable looking door on one of the lower levels. Completely airtight, and there's clearly someone on the other side. There's vents trying to push the Smoke away with boring regular air, and a voice from the other side told me that I couldn't come inside, for some reason."

@Unreliable Narrator

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire)

"Eurgh." Enra wafted away the smell of sulfur. "Well, I'm out. We don't have anything to sacrifice, so we should be off."

@Nato the Traveler@Onaku

Edited by Toru Nui

IC Mahrika - Northwest Barrens above the Impact Site

Mahrika felt her heart pound, and Vokarda squirmed inside her. Her hands trembled as she clutched the weapon, this … this couldn’t be. She … her heartlight pounded at the sight but … but for a Suva to still be standing, millennia after … everything and for a … a Toa to be standing there, still alive? It … it couldn’t be real.

Unless Tuakana … was already gaining influence over time and death.

No, she would have heard something from them, surely. And … and Vokarda was still in her chest. It must be an illusion. Maybe a vision power from a Skakdi, mesmerizing her with a vision, just to toy with her. Yes, as she looked at the strange Toa, her body flickered, it … it had to be an illusion  

Vokarda massaged her, pushing her spine to prod her neck towards the disk, then to the Toa. “R-right,” Mahrika whispered, “I … I am already in his power then. I … I can’t h-hide. But I … I can be ready, can … can protect you. And if … if it’s real…“ She shakily moved to the Suva temple, her optics probing everything around her, trying to identify a ripple in this illusion, something that might hint where the Skakdi was.

That … that newcomer, on the opposite side, could it be? She focused in on him with her lens he … he didn’t ripple like the Toa. Was … was it possible? A Matoran? Alive? N-no, it was impossible. She did not approach him, just held her disk at the ready as she prepared to dive for cover behind the temple.

@Burnmad @Unreliable Narrator

IC Bode - Po-Koro

Not … much has happened, I heard a Toa was planning to build bunkers underground, I think. I will … pass on that the Skakdi is coming here.” Bode swallowed, breathing heavily. In a shaky voice he called out to Varah, “I … I … there is a Skakdi coming to the village. I … he might be hostile.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Onaku

• Like 1

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Nale Vella and Triage - Metru-Koro

"Well, hello," Nale said, smiling back at Zsann. "It's nice to meet you two. Thank you for that, by the way--I was a resident of Po-Koro, I just...wasn't able to be around when everything went sour."

"Yeah, Mega was a great help back there," Triage said, omitting the part where he rode in a ghost van. "I didn't think we'd run into eachother again so soon, though. That's nice." He slowly came out from behind the Toa of Magnetism, trying to hide his nervousness around Mega, characteristically clutching his satchel close to himself. "What brings you here?"

@BULiK@A-tak-nid

IC: Korio Karasha - Tactical Panda II

The bucket came off with a POP! that sent Zai backwards. Korio curled his clawed toes and sighed in relief. "Lovely, that," he said, getting back to his feet. "Well, now I can get back to me work."

The Vo-Skakdi stood proud, unaware that the bucket had found a new home on Zai's head. Wacky, that.

@Dane-gerous

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

16 hours ago, Burnmad said:

IC: Barius - Irnakk's Tooth

Barius' newest Kraata shifted slightly as he gradually began to draw upon its power for the first time. The Warskaks climbing the Tooth would begin to grow increasingly apprehensive, as the Skak's Kraata power exacerbated the fear already instilled by the colossal, sacred mountain.

IC: Corrivalis - Irnakk's Tooth

His pace began to slow, his steps weighed down by an apprehension he couldn't quite place. Why had Nektann chosen him to come up here? He wasn't truly one of the warskaks... unless this was Nektann's way of showing acceptance? Or... was Nektann planning to sacrifice him? 

Tortured by trepidation, he forced himself to continue the ascent... 

52 minutes ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire)

"Eurgh." Enra wafted away the smell of sulfur. "Well, I'm out. We don't have anything to sacrifice, so we should be off."

IC: Xane - Ruins of Fire

"Off where? To find another ruin we won't enter?" He asked, not feeling particularly inclined to abandon this puzzle just when it had gotten interesting.

He knelt beside the dead skakdi, trying to remove a piece of their armour to place in the basin, to see if that provoked any kind of response. 

@Toru Nui @Onaku @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Ollem - Desert Suva (7, 8)

The Onu-Matoran slowly approached the familiar shape of the Suva - after he was quite certain that the Toa he saw beside it was truly just an illusion. Was he going crazy? Or, perhaps, was this some sort of image being projected by the Suva?

He drew closer to investigate, and nearly leaped out his skin when he saw the figure of Mahrika standing opposite the Suva to him, quite solid and holding a weapon.

With a yelp, he tapped a button on his stealth field generator, and vanished from sight.

OOC: @Harvali

Edited by Burnmad

Mahrika watched as the Matoran vanished of … of course, he was an illusion too. Maybe that was where the Skakdi had been hiding, using him as an avatar. But then why vanish when he saw her? Why even manifest an avatar and not just hide in a pillar. Her telescopic lens searched about, searching for dust moving out of place, footsteps in the sand, something else breaking the illusion.

As she backed up against a pillar Mahrika felt Vokarda thump against her throat. Speak? She … she was in this thing’s power she … she wouldn’t lose much by talking. And if she could … could make the Skakdi speak up, she might be able to locate him, and strike him with the disk, distracting him so she could escape the illusion. 

I … I know you are there, Skakdi,” she managed to speak out with a hollow confidence coating her voice, “u-using your vision power to mess with my head. So what is this? You just thought it would be fun to show us some relic from our past, just to grind more sand into the festering wound? Or did you think any of us left are that naive?” Her Akaku searched around her, probing for a ripple in the air. 

OOC: @Burnmad

IC: Ollem - Wastes Suva (7, 8)

S-skakdi? There were no Skakdi here. Had the other Matoran mistaken him for one? That seemed unlikely, but it was the only working explanation the Onu-Matoran could come up with.

A few tense moments passed in silence.

"I-I'm no Skakdi," Ollem said, finally. He was still invisible, but he let his shoulders droop and took an unsteady breath. Maybe she wasn't going to shoot him, after all.

”Well, they might, they might not. In the puzzle for the Po-Metru disk, there was a stone table with hieroglyphs like these, but it also had Matoran symbols on it, which the puzzle involved. If we find Matoran writing here then that might be significant.”

IC, Whira: Ash Barrens. 

“I believe I am. I am Whira. And what is your name, sibling?”

IC: Apex (Fire Temple)

"I am Apex, predator of the skakdi." Apex ended her statement with a low growl and a snort of her snout before looking around the immediate area, trying to spy whoever had struck the gong.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Eyru

IC: Torak (Irrnak's Tooth)

Suddenly, as Torak was being mostly dragged up the mountainous path, a sense of unease and fear seemed to loom over him. "Hehehe, yeah dat's pretty funny, hehe, the strong-silent types right? But seriously though, really, where are we going and did any of ya saw where dat Apex or whatever it called went?... Is that a ash I smell?" Torak's last words being punctuated by a sharp gulp.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Keeper of Kraata @Conway @Nato the Traveler

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut

Knichou raised an eyebrow. Pumpkin?

"That's a shame. Unfortunately there isn't really anywhere safe, it seems. You've probably already heard, but supposedly the League is going to raze this village within a day or two. Nowhere to run. At least, nowhere for most to run."

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Mega - Zakaz, Outside Sans' Hut

"Well, we really just came to warn these folk. After this...me and Zsann'll probably hit the road again. Ain't no use stayin'."

She took another drag from the cigarette, sighing.

Edited by Dane-gerous

23 hours ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

IC, Aurax: Outside Metru-Koro

As soon as Aurax got back into the airship, he sat down in the copilot’s seat, feeing very conflicted. He was glad that his plan was advancing, but at the same time, seeing Stannis for the first time in many years disturbed him. 

He sighed. “Alright Saybo, we’re going to have at least three guests with us. Don’t attack them or anything, we need them if this is going to work.”

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - (Still officially Barraki)

Location - Outside Metru-Koro (6, 9), inside the Eclipse

With - (Great Being) Aurax

Saybo stood at attention when Aurax reentered the room, eyes downcast, plushie quickly shoved back into his backpack. His Great Being sat down in the co-pilot chair, so Saybo once again assumed the pilot’s chair. The chair’s padding conformed to his body as he sat down, and despite the use this ship had obviously gone through, the new airship smell still lingered slightly. The being’s that had owned the ship had spent quite a lot on furnishings and maintenance. Of course the airship itself was small, but at least all the doors and chairs could accommodate a normal sized Toa.

The Great and all knowing Aurax sighed. “Alright Saybo, we’re going to have at least three guests with us. Don’t attack them or anything, we need them if this is going to work.”

Saybo nodded, “Understood, Great One.” This ‘or anything’ really put a damper on Stannis’ ultimate defeat, but a Great Being’s mind far outpaced Saybo’s own. Aurax knew what he was doing and Saybo had no reason to argue.

Watching from the forward monitor, the Toa of Water watched Stannis meditating as three other beings eventually arrived. One Toa, one… Well okay he wasn’t sure what the second one was. It was this hulking beast of a fire being. Maybe a Toa, but he couldn’t be sure. The third was… Okay he wasn’t sure about that one either. A fish? Perhaps a Steltian Elite at one point. For a second Saybo thought he saw a tail. But no, that couldn’t be. Saybo’s mind drifted to his time back in the Dark Hunters. Yeah that could totally be real.

Saybo mentally drifted back to Aurax and he wondered if the ‘or anything’ order applied to talking. Anything was very vague, after all. But then again Aurax knew Saybo perfectly, as was his wont as a Great Being. Aurax would form his commands in a way Saybo could easily interpret. Anything was to be taken in context with attacking. So anything probably included injuring or causing psychological trauma or potentially enacting revenge on a very deserving and old Toa. Talking and ordering were allowed it seemed. Of course underneath Aurax’s all knowing eyes.

Turning around to the door to the bridge, Saybo gauged the height. Yeah all the doors are just tall and wide enough for a normal Toa. We’ll probably have to store those two giants outside in the cargo bay.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

Knichou gave a stern look at Mega's Ruru. Not the look of a judging man (Okay, maybe a little bit) but mostly the look of learned man who wants to spare others the pain of learning lessons the hard way.

"You can't run forever. Trust me - sooner or later you either die protecting your home or are cursed to watch it die without you. Perhaps wherever you were before was raided, but you'll never be able to reclaim it from the warlord without the help of those in these refugee villages. These people need every ally they can get to even stand a chance of surviving another week. You were willing to come to Po-Koro's aid in their time of need - what makes this upcoming battle any different?"

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Triage - Metru-Koro

Pumpkin? In front of the captain?!

"I'm...sorry about your home," Triage said, frowning. "But the captain's right, if you stuck around...I could use your aid again, just like last time." He sighed, optics traveling to the ground for a moment. "But it is your choice. I won't--" the medic shot a glance at Knichou, and placed a hand on the Fe-Toa's shoulder, "--we won't force you to stay. I've seen some battles, Po-Koro wasn't the first time. I don't blame you for not wanting to be around that."

@BULiK@Dane-gerous

IC: Rose - Metru-Koro/Outside the Eclipse

Rose grinned at Waveahk. "The plan is we BTFO that son of a brakas living in the head, obviously," she said, palming her fist to illustrate. "Whose ride is this, anyways?" she then asked, gesturing to the airship before them.

@Snelly@Toru Nui@EmperorWhenua@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

She looked the crew over, a little frustrated. She didn't want to fight, she was tired of feeling on the knife's edge of death.

Maybe they were right. Maybe she could get the shop back, things could go back to normal. But...

She rubbed the back of her head, looking briefly to Triage.

Her look turned to Zsann.

"What do you reckon, darlin'?"

OOC: @A-tak-nid @Tarn @BULiK @Nato the Traveler

IC: Reliable Narrator | Northern Wastes, Ruins of Stone

An odd tingly sensation washed over the members of Odd Company as Atamai led them into the Ziggurat. It was as if a barely perceptible but warm breeze blew past them in the dark passage as they entered. In fact, the air was incredibly dry here. 

Then pale light appeared up ahead and the passage opened up into a roughly circular looking chamber under a late dusk or early dawn sky, adorned by faint stars breaking through the waxing or waning sunlight. But upon looking up they noticed the chamber was in fact just the deepest part of a larger canyon with intricate, stratified rock walls ranging from pale tan and grey to rich red and orange in color. The walls were smooth, as if sand carried by wind or water had eroded them to this point in ages long past. More carvings like those on the outside adorned the walls here.

As the group moved forward they saw the ground beneath their feet was a thin layer of rocks, patterned as if belonging to a zen garden and only interrupted by pieces of slate sticking out of the gravel here and there and increasing in number towards the center of the chamber, where, in contrast to the very organic looking walls, an incredibly precisely carved podium rose from a pile of the grey rocks. The podium was shaped like a pyramid with the tip cut off. In its place was a carved bowl, sitting securely in a depression atop the podium.

And beyond the podium, at the far side of the chamber, more prominent lines carved into the wall there converged into a large omega shape. At its center, written in Matoran, it said:

Brought Into Existence

Best Laid Plans

Accomplished Together

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~ @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn

• Like 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Zsann - Outside Sans' Hut

"I..." Zsann looked to Mega, then to the airship's crew, arms folded, a slightly helpless expression on her face (though one would have to know her to read it, as it was rather subtle). The Skakdi was useful in a fight, that much she knew, but more than anything else, she wanted to keep her new friends safe. And a warzone was anything but safe.

Throwing those Skakdi raiders out of the scrapshop, while seeming more personally satisfactory, was also kind of dangerous.

"I-I g-g-guess we c-could s-st-stay" she said carefully. Her tone made it clear that this was not her preferred option.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @BULiK @Tarn @Dane-gerous

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Well, it’s certainly an idea.” The Ga-Matoran rubbed her Noble Akaku, “but to get the Protodermis to make it, it’s not exactly practical. Even with the potential new mine, we would have to pour so much resources into building this mobile Koro, that we would have none for anything else, and that’s if we had enough. For one thing making levitation disks are not the easiest process, not sure we have the infrastructure for it for another. And the sheer amount of them we would need to levitate a whole village…” She shook her head, making a whistling sound. 

R-right, sorry,” Kanohi swallowed, unable to match her gaze.

Still, its an option,” she admitted, “and if Jovan finds a ton of Protodermis, it looks a bit more possible. At the least though, might be useful to try to build some of these hovercraft, in case we need to evacuate. If we can get them to work, then maybe we can plan to weld them together.” She offered a smile.

Al-alright,” he nodded with a flap of his wrists. At … at least his idea wasn’t totally useless, “then … then we better get busy. I … I will go around the village, see what I can mend.” He turned and walked away, and she nodded after him. 

IC “Collector” The Ruins of Stone

Well, Toa Atamai, that appears to be your Matoran symbols,” Collector remarked, gesturing too the inscription, “The question is, what do they mean?

They paused, if this was written in Matoran, then it might involve Matoran culture. Admittedly they were no expert on the Matoran, but they wished to be, they knew more than most Vortixx surely. They rubbed their head, thinking about what Kanohi and other Matoran would talk about in their beliefs. 

Accomplished together…” they muttered,”that somewhat sounds like a shallow version of the virtue of Unity. Which makes sense if this is a Matoran ruin. Best Laid Plans might refer to the virtue of Destiny, but I fail to see a connection with ‘brought into existence’ and Duty. But perhaps I miss the subtleties. What do you all think?

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Vezok's Friend @~Xemnas~ @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn

Mahrika swallowed, “W-well you can’t be a Matoran, now can you? Me and Vokarda, we are the only ones left, the rest were butchered thousands of years ago. When th-the Skakdi ravaged our island paradise. So you are either a Skakdi here to mess with one of the few survivors, or … or you might be an Aspect. But if you are an Aspect I … I am already spoken for.

She had an idea where he was now, thanks to his comment, but when she prepared to throw, Vokarda made her body lurch, making her drop the disk flat at her feet. “Don’t throw it yet?” She swallowed as she leaned over and picked up the disk, “Al-alright.” She held at at her side now, not aiming to throw it yet, but still clutching it tight.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad

Atamai looked at the carvings and thought for a moment, his telescoping eye zoomed in pensively. 

“I agree with you about “accomplished together” meaning Unity, but I disagree about the other two. When we were back in Po-Metru, the puzzle there didn’t just involve the Three Virtues; it also involves the Principles and Skills. Going off of that, I believe that “best laid plans” indicates the Skill of Strategy, and “brought into existence” refers to the Principle of Creation.”

Atamai’s eyes scanned around the room, trying to find anything odd or out of place. “The question is, what do we do with this information?” he said. 

Knichou felt triage's hand on his shoulder as the medic voice his support. Unity, huh?

"Good. The people here need all the help they can get," Knichou responded as soon as Zsann has agreed with Mega to stay, not giving her a chance to reconsider. Knichou looked past the matoran and skakdi to see the open door to the Turaga's hut, where muffled voices could be heard coming from inside. "Did you just speak to the Turaga? Any idea what preparations he's making for tomorrow's attack?"

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro, Outskirts)

As Tekmo spoke, Skorm continued buffing out the blisters on his mask, frowning. "There are causes that that I would kill for, and die for. But you're right about one thing; this is inevitable. I'm not walking away. I don't think the League is as powerful as they want us to think. I might be able to speak to the forces when they come, get the attack called off. They might even know I deserted." The Twi-Toa replaced his mask, easing into it. "But you're not the only one I owe my life to, Tekmo. I made a promise. I can't stick around after this."

IC: Fyura (Dead Forest)

"Everything's ash, Torak. I'd be impressed if you were smelling anything else." The Fe-Skakdi poked a tree growing out of the side of the mountain with her axe, exposing the solid core. "Ash and charcoal. Fires made from ashwood like this makes good metal."

IC: Kaylus (Dead Forest)

The Aspect flexed his fingers in the daylight, and realized he was still wearing his vivisection arm. Kaylus hastily returned to the lab, sealing the air flow. It was a precaution for both living beings as well as himself; he didn't fear any of his essence blowing away in an errant draft. Popping his forearm out of its joint, Kaylus replaced it with one similar to his right gauntlet, save for a depression where the zamor launcher was located. The seal closed with a hiss, and Kaylus left his lab as quickly as he had left.

He didn't know who, or what, was calling him; best to come armed.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147 @Conway @Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Ollem - Wastes Suva (7, 8)

"No, no, I am a Matoran!" the invisible voice insisted. He was conflicted about this woman, who moved erratically and spoke to herself, but he knew he had to convince her of the truth on this matter. He wasn't about to claim he was a Skakdi, or whatever an Aspect was. "I'm not... I'm not from here; not from this place... I'm from... somewhere else, and I wound up here by mistake." He wasn't sure how much detail to give. Was she even aware of the giant head on the horizon? She had to be, right? It was massive and loomed over everything, but maybe it was behind a dune, in this particular spot? He couldn't turn around to check. Though even if she knew of it, would she believe that a massive city had been inside of it, full of Matoran and Toa and countless other races?

IC: Zai - Zakaz, Tactical Panda II

Zai fell back onto the ground, bucket now on her head.

There was a low growl that quickly turned to a roar as she ripped the bucket from her head and threw it at Korio, eyes burning with fury.

"You half-wit!"

OOC: @Tarn

"Now hold it on there, flyboy." Mega frowned. It seemed like Knichou was trying to coax her. She appreciated Triage's sincerity, but she'd need a final opinion before she did anything. "Give me a minute."

She nodded to Zsann, beckoning her to follow.

Yaushe would soon recieve a knock on her door.

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl @A-tak-nid @BULiK @Tarn

Edited by Dane-gerous

IC: Korio Karasha - Tactical Panda II

The Vo-Skakdi casually dodged the bucket, which slammed into the wall behind him and clattered to the floor. He raised his hands in a defensive manner, although he didn't seem too afraid of Zai getting physical. Not after she'd already been punished by Yumi for it. "Now, hold on, it's just a bucket. It looked nice on ya! Maybe you should try hats?"

@Dane-gerous

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Stannis | Metru Koro

With the time afforded by Skyra going to collect her partner Stannis chose to center himself. Whatever happened next would be a matter of great importance; either Pridak would die, or Stannis himself would perish, or maybe both, but in any case the future would be different. Like how he speculated as the League aimed their sights on Metru Nui before, the only outcome possible was the vanquishing of a party. But more importantly, to the Wanderer's understanding, this event would be among the first he did not choose to merely observe and record. This time he was being asked, and uncharacteristically forced, to use his power and directly intervene. 

Destiny had established this fate long ago, with rails laid out in the distant past by seemingly insignificant developments—the lukewarm of Aurax on Maru Nui, the growing senility of Pridak, the criminal seizure of a toa stone, the ebbs and flows of the war campaign, Aurax's enlistment in their forces... all of these things were footsteps in the path that led to Aurax choosing to make one last, desperate betrayal, and doing so at the hour Stannis could not sit idly. 

To the Wanderer, Destiny was a web woven of a myriad Fates, each with their own consequences and challenges. All his existence Stannis served as a sort of guide, the Virgil to the Dante within everyone he met, dedicating himself to educating people, keeping them alive and moving forward to meet their distinct destinies. At each crossroads, Stannis had ceremoniously ushered his wards to their ends or new beginnings, constantly narrating the choices they could make even as they did them, and as a result Destiny just seemed to flow through his merest presence, an illusion begotten by his perplexingly constant presence at those crossroads of fate. But observation and narration was different than inserting himself to intercede on a person's course. He was detached from the destiny that reigned over other people's lives, capable of 

As he meditated, the Wanderer considered another, more frightening possibility. Kanohi's visions stirred a different sense of fear in him, a feeling he hadn't truly sensed for most if his life: With Mata Nui dead, there was someone else with greater dominion who was pulling the threads and creating pathways of fate Stannis did not know of and could not see, which meant... perhaps he, too, had a Destiny set for him. 

11 hours ago, Tarn said:

Rose grinned at Waveahk. "The plan is we BTFO that son of a brakas living in the head, obviously," she said, palming her fist to illustrate. "Whose ride is this, anyways?" she then asked, gesturing to the airship before them.

The approach of three beings awoke him from his trance, and like a golem come to life he stirred and slowly arose from the earth. He looked at Waveahk briefly, wondering what made the man have such a death wise as to embark on yet another incredibly dangerous mission, and quickly came to the conclusion that it was his physical affliction that drove him to these quests; already, his condition seemed to have mutated him to be somewhat different than he was when Stannis last looked upon the Steltian. His presence had not been expected but was not unwelcome. There would be a need for allies if this strike would have any success, and the former Dark Hunter had as much hatred towards Pridak festering inside him as Skyra and Rose. 

"That airship belongs to Lieutenant Aurax, a rebel toa who has been in the service of Pridak," he explained carefully. "He came ostensibly to end me on Pridak's orders, though in truth wants my assistance in elevating his status to kingship instead. And as far as plans go, well... that is up to him."

@Tarn @Snelly @Toru Nui

• Like 1

IC: Vulimai (Metru-Koro)

As Vulimai made her way through the streets of Metru-Koro, she admired the efficiency that her guard matoran worked on the evacuation plans with drills occurring throughout the streets. But there were still moments where Vulimai needed to at times bark out orders to some of her guard, or even the citizens, to get their pace up and to continue the preparations. Vulimai didn't like being harsh to her fellow matoran, but she knew that she needed to be tough for her people.

Eventually, Vulimai finally made it to the garrison and her office. Closing the door behind her, she sat once again behind her desk, pulling out the communicator and thumbing the button, wondering if she should call toa Jorak. Then a knock came at her door and Juno came into her office once again "How are you doing captain?"

IC: Torak (Irrnak's Tooth)

"Ok, so Imma gonna guess that I'm still in da Ash Barrens then, but dat doesn't explain to me where ya all are taking me? I'm guessin' your base isn't in the Ash Barrens is it?" At this point, Torak was struggling, not necessarily to run (where could he run?) but rather to just be able to make whatever trip this is under his own merits.

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata

IC: Zai - Zakaz, Tactical Panda II

She could tell her presence wasn't scaring Korio anymore. Kor knew Yumiwak's punishment had kept her in line, and that she couldn't afford to slip up again. 

Zai breathed in, inner urges hissing at her. She tried to tune them out, red eyes narrowing.

"Grunt." Came a clearly irritated murmur as the Ta-Skakdi eyed Korio down. He'd be singing a different tune when Zai had the Warrior at her knees, swearing fealty to Lady Yumiwak.

OOC: @Tarn

Edited by Dane-gerous

IC: Zsann, Outside Sans' hut,

Although Zsann figured they could have answered the toa's question, she was more than glad to leave the scene as she followed Mega back to the van. No, not just the van, Zsann mentally corrected herself, but back to Yaushe. This was a concept she still had to wrap her head around.

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl  @BULiK @Tarn @Dane-gerous

• Like 1

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro Outskirts)

Tekmo breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank you... if I'm being honest, I... I just don't want to lose anyone else. You understand."

@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Waveahk (Metru-Koro Outskirts, The Eclipse Exterior)

"...Alright. But let's keep in mind that this 'lieutenant' is only our friend as long as Pridak lives. As soon as he has what he want, we have to assume his betrayal is immediate."

@EmperorWhenua@Tarn@Snelly

On 5/15/2020 at 10:22 PM, Unreliable Narrator said:

As the blood poured from the assembled adventurers its silver hue tainted the fresh snow in the bowl like a goth snow cone. They watched in unison and anticipation to see what might come of their sacrifice. Surprisingly, the blood splattered into the bowl on the podium formed two intersecting lines. They couldn’t help notice how, with the bowl as the outer circle, the whole moment looked like a gory form of the matoran letter t. As the blood formed the letter, it drained deeper into the snow, and strangely vanished. Less than a minute passed and the bowl looked as freshly coated with pure white snow as before the blood flowed.

IC Leklo | Ruins of Ice

"That was fun," Leklo said, already channeling a minuscule amount of his element through the tip of his sword to cauterize his wound and stop the bleeding. He winced from the searing pain. "Too bad it didn't seem to work."

He walked up to the doorway again to look at the riddles scrawled upon it. His mind was working.

3 minutes ago, Toru Nui said:

"...Alright. But let's keep in mind that this 'lieutenant' is only our friend as long as Pridak lives. As soon as he has what he want, we have to assume his betrayal is immediate."

IC Stannis | Metru Koro

"He is not our friend," Stannis quickly corrected, "Aurax has already betrayed my trust and love before, but he is desperate enough for power that he chose to make a deal with me than toe behind his master any longer, but I hope to turn his own lusts against him. Much like us, he is running out of time and options. I will need your help to help me maintain my focus, or else we may all be doomed."

• Like 1