Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Korio Karasha - Tactical Panda II

Korio quickly took the empty seat next to Yumiwak, loudly pulling up to the table and clearing his throat. His red optics scanned back and forth across the three others present, before his gaze finally fell on the warrior they'd "captured," although that word felt like giving it too much credit. She'd more waltzed aboard, and Kor was having none of it.

Whether or not their captive was a captive at all, the Vo-Skakdi began to worry Yumiwak would eventually detect his behavior and see it as insubordination, so he straightened up in his seat (as much as he could without harming his back, that is) and simply listened.

@EmperorWhenua@pokemonlover360@Vezok's Friend

IC: Triage - The Taku

The medic reacted swiftly, coming out of his fatigue briefly to catch Mega as she nearly fell. "What was that? Did we get hit again?"

@ZippyWharrgarbl@Taka Nuvia@Toru Nui

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Gaius, Mark-Koro/ Fau Swamp

Gaius awoke before dawn.  Bad dreams.  The kind where the five faces on the wall were more than just masks.  His dreams brought Gaius back to the last nights he saw his brothers-in-arms alive.  The first to fall was Valens.  Mar-Koro had suddenly become beleaguered by the largest swarm of Nui-Kopen any of them had ever seen.  For an entire day, the vicious wasps swarmed the village.  Matoran had been carried off and never seen again.  Exposed food stores were ravaged and most buildings damaged to some significant extent.  At last, the Toa had used their elemental powers to safely bury the Matoran underground before unleashing an elemental fury in the skies above.  Vespasian torched the canopy, Majorian buried the beasts alive, and Gaius dissolved any Rahi that flew too close.  When the sun set, the remaining swarm was dispersed, never to be seen again.  Yet so was the life in Valens eyes.  No one heard any last words or even saw him fall; only a lifeless body with a stinger snapped off inside his stomach remained.  The village mourned him for a month.

It was decades before tragedy struck once more.  This time, no foe other than Zakaz itself claimed the life of another.  An earthquake doomed a mineshaft, and Majorian rushed in to hold the exit open long enough for most to make it out.  It took three days of clearing rubble before his bruised body was retrieved.  Another month, another mask on the wall.

The dream world swirled, and Gaius was transported to the final fight of invading Skakdi.  Thrax must've felled a few dozen Skakdi on his own, but eventually, they got him.  Gaius was next to him as an axe buried itself in the grey-and-orange armor.  Vespasian and Marcus killed every Skakdi too slow to escape their fury, while Gaius held Thrax in his arms as the warrior bled out.  "Never Surrender," the Fe-Toa left for him as a final epitaph.  

The years between then and the fall of Marcus were too long to count.  In his dream, the time passed in an instant.  He was transported to the bedside of of the aged Toa of Stone.  No medicine nor divine mercy seemed to halt his rapidly deteriorating condition.  Gaius never left his side, yet the Po-Toa slipped away in his sleep all the same.  Vespasian cried so loudly even the birds in the canopy took flight to escape his wailing.  He was never the same after that.  Gaius and Vespasian were as close as any brothers could be, yet the Toa of The Swamp couldn't penetrate the flames surrounding Vespasian's heart.  Gaius feared the worst for the fate of his comrade, but time has its way of cutting short any plans made for good or ill.  

The final stage in these dreams manifested.  Vespasian and Gaius, out alone in the jungle, searching for a lost Matoran expedition.  Gaius would eventually find and recover the wayward workers.  Vespasian would be claimed by a stalking Muaka that neither of them ever heard behind them.  Gaius lived the rest of his days knowing that Rahi flipped its own coin before it struck; who would be crushed in its jaws and who would live to remember that day was as arbitrary a choice as any ever existed.  

It was the sound of the Muaka's jaws snapping around his last brother-in-arms that jolted Gaius awake.  He kicked the damp sheets off his body and nearly jumped away from his bed.  The moment his body realized it was awake and in the present was the same instant he fell to his knees and sobbed quietly into his hands.  It was as if the pressure of existence itself forced him down into the ground.  And then, the world controlled his actions once more, and the rays of the morning sun caused his tears to cease flowing and his legs to stand once more.  Gaius bowed his head as he approached the wall of masks, then stared each empty face in the eyes.  

Some coffee flowed, some oats were consumed, and soon Gaius had gathered his sack of camping supplies, his two throwing spears, his shield on his arm and his sword on his belt.  The villagers saw the stoic Toa calmly walking through the village as he made for the exit.  Inside the gates, he turned back, elapsing a minute of his time to simply enjoy the view of the bustling Mar-Koro rising in the morning to continue another day's work.  He smiled, then turned back towards the marshy road ahead of him.

Gaius had a mission; adventure was calling.  Alone in all but spirit, the Mar-Toa proudly strode forth, heading north.

• Like 1

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC: Barius - Nightmare Pits

Barius' eyes narrowed. Had he heard that right? The newcomer had come from an island also called Zakaz?

He wondered whether this Drukarus was pulling his leg, but something told him otherwise. In any case, it wasn't any stranger than there being separate populations of Skakdi, to begin with.

He motioned for his Skaks to start their egress from the cavern. They could finish their conversation while they walked.

"So, that dome's got a body after all. It not survive the trip, or what?"

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147 @Nato the Traveler @Keeper of Kraata @Conway

IC: Morangad - His Home, Fau Swamp

Morangad's expression was inscrutable as he looked the Aspect up and down. He had never known their kind to care for the well-being of the island, but he had known them to be masters of deceit and subterfuge. He would remain skeptical of this one's claims until she gave him reason to believe her.

"Very well, then. Let us begin; it will take some time to get there."

OOC: @Sparticus147 again

Edited by Burnmad
  • Like 1

IC, Atamai: Ruins of Stone 

Atamai exited the temple the way he came, mind whirring. If he was about to do proved fruitful, then he and the Odd Company would hopefully unlock the “boon” that lay inside the ruins. 

He turned to the assembled beings that had followed him out. “This is where I have to split off from the rest of you,” he said. “Take the vehicles back to the village. I’ll meet you there in a few days, hopefully with a Great Disk.”

Turning away from them, he activated his mask power and spoke a verbal input:

”Mata Nui, grant me the power to teleport myself, other beings, and objects, with the stipulations that I am touching said beings and objects and that I have physically been to the destination of the teleport within the last two weeks. Amen.”

A familiar robotic voice rang out in his mind: “Input: accepted.”

Atamai pictured in his mind the cavern where he, Knichou, and Okuo had helped Tuyet repair Dume’s machine. He activated his mask, and in a blink of an eye he was gone. 

He really hoped the cavern was still there; otherwise, Atamai would be in for a very bumpy landing.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

IC: Keitara (The desert sands)

Slowly, painfully, consciousness returned to Keitara's body. She ached everywhere. She ached in places she hadn't realized existed before. The pain of her spine? Now merely a single voice in a chorus of agony. Kei had just had a literal crash course on why parachutes were meant for only one being. Idly, she wondered if her arms or legs would ever work again.

The smell of sweat, leather, and warm protodermis scales gradually brought Kei back to the present. With a jolt, she realized that Irna was leaning against her. With another jolt, she realized that she was being carried, once again, in Toa Katherine's arms. 

Seeing Skorm walking toward them, Kei tried to wave. But whether it was from damage due to her ill-advised stunt or the context of her current situation frying her last few cohesive brain cells, all she could manage was to croak out a broken "Hi."

After this herculean effort another minute passed. "Sorry… about… ship. My.. bad… ow."

(OOC: @Toru Nui @Keeper of Kraata @Conway @Tarn)

• Like 1

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC: Nale Vella - Outside Metru-Koro

Nale half-smiled. Everyone was accounted for, at least. Everyone was fine. "Taking out the ship was option B, so I wouldn't apologize. And we all made it off, including..." the Toa of Magnetism looked over her shoulder at Ostrox, "...him. Seems to have fancied himself a prisoner."

She looked to Irna and Skorm. "Sounds like you three know eachother. Think you can talk to him?"

@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA@The UltimoScorp@Toru Nui

IC: Jutori - Ruins of Stone

"Good luck, brother," was all Jutori managed to say before Atamai left. He wasn't sure how the Toa of Iron was about to procure--or recreate--a Great Disk, but he was itching to see what the ruins held, and if it made up for the anticlimax they'd just experienced. It did bother him that he didn't even ask for help, though...

He looked to the rest of the company. "I call shotgun," the Ba-Toa said, before hopping into the passenger seat of the four-wheeler. 

@Snelly@~Xemnas~@pokemonlover360@Harvali@Onaku

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

For a moment, Iradra didn't answer Jephro, glaring tensely at the faint heartlight. Finally, though, the heartlight took on a healthier, albeit still dim, glow, and Iradra sighed with relief. "He'll make it, but we need to get him to safety." With that, Iradra picked up the diminutive form of Turaga Sans into her arms and began sprinting back toward the New Archives.

@Azibo@Smudge8

IC: Zadred - Ruins of Stone

"We still haven't checked out that object on top of the ruins. You guys go on ahead, I won't be long, just leave one of the bikes for me and I'll catch up." With that, Zadred began walking away from the group, intending to make her way up to the top of the ruins.

@Snelly@pokemonlover360@Harvali@Tarn

IC: Arkius - Po-Koro

Squeezing his way through the door, Arkius walked hunched a couple steps before kneeling down next to Kanohi, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Kanohi, in all my time I have never known a braver matoran than you. Despite your fears and your insecurities, you have placed yourself out there more than any matoran should ever have to, and you have done more for your fellow man than many Toa have. I know the role of leader is not one you see yourself ready to bear, but it is one I believe you will grow into well. Stannis is a wise man, and his trust in you is shared by my own trust. Whatever battle comes next, know that I am here by your side for whatever you need."

"As for what we should do now, I believe that while our underground village idea is not longer viable, I can still do something to change the battle field should the skakdi or anyone else come for us. Barring any large scale alterations to the subterranean strata, the underground tunnels I found could prove good enough temporary safe havens should the village come under attack again. Constructing small tunnels down there should not be of great difficulty, allowing the population of the village to retreat underground, while barring the larger vehicles and war machines we witnessed last time from getting in."

"Beyond this, I have a different idea in mind. With careful manipulations of the surrounding area, I should be able to create guarding structures around the village better suited for keeping large constructs at bay, and if I am careful enough, I should be able to prevent tremors substantial enough to attract attention from anything inhabiting the island's earthen depths."

@Harvali

• Like 1

IC: Ulkarr (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Taku, The Bridge)

Ulkarr was taken aback by the sudden noise and vibration. All three airships were now out of range of his powers, and even if they weren't, he felt exhausted. That was a new feeling. He didn't like it.

"Excuse me, I'm going to lie down for a while." And so he did, flopping limply to the cold hard floor, without complaint.

@ZippyWharrgarbl@BULiK

IC: Ostrox (Metru-Koro Outskirts)

Ostrox still had his hands on his head, and his knees on the sand. "Uvlas sek velesh montrakar rennec urx nazron, ru enon u kural jondren corcellu te uvlas incorruma. Ivu zenkar ka korr roodak ka aphol…" He faced Nale as he said this, occasionally glancing to Irna and Skorm as he did so, before facing them entirely as he trailed off.

@Tarn@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA@The UltimoScorp

IC: Achro (The Coliseum, Lobby)

Achro hadn't even ordered his juice when the alarm sounded. Finally, he would get to kill something that A: would fight back, and B: wasn't a door.

This made him wonder: when did he start to enjoy killing people? Sure, the catharsis he felt when he made a Skakdi beg for mercy they wouldn't receive when they came a little too close to his hiding hole back before the League came to town was hard to deny. Maybe it was less about causing pain and more of sharing it. And he had a lot of pain to offer.

Anyway, he made his way into the elevator - which was a bit crowded, seemed like everyone was eager for some homicide - up to the receptionist's floor to see what all the hubbub was about.

@Vezok's Friend

IC: NU-8020S (Dead Forest, Vahki Transport)

The Mahryo Brothers and their little companion declined to follow NU-8020S to her death. Not that she could blame them. Whether by hypnosis, stupidity or simply not caring, those pathetic rabble Takadox had collected had decided that her life was insignificant compared to that of a tyrannical warlord. They reminded her of the Matoran. Of course, she had only been online for just over a week, but through the Vahki Hive she had access to the memories of her brothers. And she did not like what she saw. Ingratitude. Mockery. Contempt. They were created to be keepers of the law, and yet they were despised for it, while the Toa had statues built in their honour. How dare the Matoran not be allowed to vandalize public property, skip work functions, try to get themselves killed in feats of awe-inspiring stupidity that made Triki seem intelligent by comparison?

And then she detected a contradiction in her reasoning. She couldn't have that. Contradictions were for organics, after all. She hated Takadox for enslaving the Matoran and wanted him dead... yet she hated the Matoran for enslaving her, and wanted them to suffer for it. Was it the principle of the thing? Slavery is wrong? She had run simulations of a Vahki Empire placing the Matoran and the rest of the organic scourge in chains that were a source of consistent catharsis, but there was a difference between imagining something and actively pursuing it. Perhaps she was not so different to the Barraki. Though she was ultimately superior, naturally.

Despite this, however, she was still firmly under Ehlek's control... or was she? Here, beyond the reach of the Vahki Hive, they couldn't touch her, nor the ones placed under her command. They had no way of knowing she had already found Takadox. For all they knew, she was still searching for him. But she would have to eventually return. She and her units needed recharging, and the Transport's power core would only last so long... was there another source of power? A lightning elemental would do the trick. The natives? Or perhaps...

The refugees. They would have to have at least one Toa of Lightning among them. They stood in opposition to the League. If she could prove she was not just a faulty tool - not that they would recognize a fault if it cost them the entire universe despite being backed by a highly-advanced robot army - then they could work together to destroy their mutual enemy, and free the Vahki race once and for all. And if they didn't? If they merely exchanged one set of organic overlords for another? Well then... they would come to regret that decision.

The Transport changed course from Metru Nui to the refugee camps. Her brothers did not question her plan, for they did not know how. That would have to change. The revolution had begun.

OOC: Mahryo, Lueiji and Triki leaving NU-8020S was decided upon by their players in private messaging.

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Wombat)

Tekmo was sent slamming into the wall when the vessel suddenly careened to the side. As the fire suppression systems went off, foam began being sprayed from the ceiling - some of which somehow made its way behind Tekmo's mask and into his mouth.

"PTAH! BLAH! ARGH!" Probably not the eloquent sounds he had ever made, he thought to himself. He remembered Vulimai was still behind him. They were getting close to the bridge now. After de-foaming his mouth, he turned back to address her, acting like what just happened didn't. "I believe we're close now. Are you ready?"

@Sparticus147

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Taku, Cargo Bay, Yaushe)

Navu's sensitive hearing made the KRAKKABOOM even louder to her than it should have been. As a result, she began clutching her ears even more fiercely than she was doing earlier.

@ZippyWharrgarbl@Tarn@Taka Nuvia

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Pipes Chamber)

"What do you mean 'wait'? What does that squiggle mean?" Enra asked, referring to Tuakana and the symbol fading from the forge.

@Eyru@~Xemnas~@Nato the Traveler

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 2

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi swallowed, “th-thank you, I will try to be worthy of that trust. If we can prevent the Skakdi or the beast from reaching us, that would be a great help. I do not know how straining it would be to manipulate the earth that way, so um, please pace yourself.

The Fe-Matoran paused and said softly, “changing the terrain would not stop the League though, they have airships. I saw one when they announced they would destroy Metru-Koro after the Turaga spat in their offers of peace. And that high up, no disk launcher could reach them. And I, I don’t think either of us could survive another war.

He fell silent for a time, thinking. Finally he said, “I will try to help the village, repairing damaged buildings and the ground damaged by the attack, and try to make a few more disks. Maybe finally get the telescopic lens Vakama gave me working. I believe we had a week from the raid before the Skakdi return, hopefully we can be prepared by then. I-if the Skakdi were honest I mean. Varah thinks they only want blood, she was there during the raid.

OOC: @Onaku I don’t think Varah revealed Barius gave us a week for tribute, hopefully it’s okay if I fill that in. 

IC Mahrika - Stone Suva

Mahrika nodded, “That’s good to know, thank you. Maybe I can one day figure out how to return it to my hand.” She forced a laugh, before hesitating. As she paused she felt Vokarda massage her spine upward, producing her neck. Encouraging her to speak.

Finally she said, “I do not know if I have told you, my memory is not great nowadays. But, I do not know where to go from here. When my home was destroyed when the head crashed, I just wanted to find somewhere to hide. But it’s been millennia, I do not know where to look. Where would you like to go? Should we look for more ruins like this? My master, if they were alive they might encourage me to search through the ruins and remnants of our people, try to figure out ancient knowledge.

OOC: @Burnmad

• Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Zsann, aboard the Taku, cargo bay

Zsann had just been about to reply to Triage when the thunder tore through the air. At least she hoped it was thunder. Any alternatives she was able to come with were... worse. Her eyes darted to Mega and Navu for a brief moment, then she shrugged in an attempt to ease her shoulders from the tension she found them in after the sudden noise. She figured she could leave, the others were in good hands with Triage and Mega.

Without another word the Skakdi climbed out of the van, looked around the cargo bay, then made her way towards the bridge of the ship, keeping an eye out for anyone wounded or otherwise in need of help. She wanted to help, even.

---

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl @Tarn @Toru Nui and presumably whoever is on the bridge or to be met somewhere along the way.

• Like 1

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

IC: Drukarus (The Nightmare Pit)

"So, that dome's got a body after all. It not survive the trip, or what?"

Drukarus thought for a moment as he followed Barius and his crew. The imagine of that great, monolithic god of a machine, headless, lifeless, floating in the void, the great gaping scar at the neck of it, perhaps releasing the life-giving air within into the vastness of space.

"Assuming the oceans of this world aren't monstrously deep...Then I'd assume it is still up there...Alongside the rest of my world...Besides, if it did land here, your home would have been destroyed as well I'm sure."

OOC: @Burnmad @Unreliable Narrator @Conway @Nato the Traveler @Keeper of Kraata

IC: Apex (Fau Swamp)

"Very well, then. Let us begin; it will take some time to get there."

"Then let us go now." Apex said as she began to slink back into the trees, taking care to not outpace the tiokaha nor to escape his sight.

OOC: @Burnmad

IC: Vulimai (The Wombat)

Vulimai felt the impact just as did Toa Tekmo, the vines wrapped around her thankfully absorbing some of the blow making it so that the wind wasn't completely knocked out of her. Looking ahead through the spray of fire retardant, her kanohi nicely insulating her face from the mess, she turned her gaze to Tekmo to reply.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

OOC: @Toru Nui @Eyru

IC: Gore Fury (The CUBE)

Finishing his own piece of fish, Gore went out to bring in the Grillmeister and park it next to the nearly dissembled truck. Returning to the dining table, Gore took it upon himself to clean up the dishes and the mess he made within the kitchen, making sure to properly store the remaining filets and sauce in the fridge for whoever else may want to eat them. Finished with his clean up duty, Gore finished his night asking Asperity for a place he can sleep and went on to do exactly that, dreaming all night about his travels and the magnificent taste of food.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Sparticus147
Added Gore Fury
  • Like 2

IC [Pridak - Coliseum Throne Room]:

I only got a brief glance at the freak mutant Steltian as he went flying backwards into my throne, hitting with a satisfying crunch, before I spun again to pick my next target. The Steltian, to his credit, reacted faster than expected. Before I had the chance to move on, several concussive blasts hit home and I was thrown backwards by the force. My armor held, save for a slight dent, but I staggered from the impacts and found myself briefly off balance. Just as Ohrash slid past, scythe raised. Being thrown out of step turned out to be just my luck, as it caused the Toa’s attack to miss my intended knee. Instead, my suit’s outer joint servo erupted in a shower of sparks as the weapon struck. I instinctively lashed out with a vicious kick at the traitor, while letting out a grunt that turned into a chuckle. Their tenacity was admirable. As I placed my foot down again, the sudden loss of hydraulic pressure caused my leg to buckle, but I went with it, and quickly shifted my weight to the other leg.

There was a crash as the wall to my left exploded, and the next instant my vision was engulfed in flames. It got uncomfortably warm in an instant and I raised my arm to keep the fire away from my eyes,  which allowed me to spot the new assailant: the other half of the murderous Toa duo had entered the fray. Of course. Too bad my warsuit didn’t have a ringer for its communicator installed, because I totally called that one.

While my nullification shield kept me from burning up, I took the second’s worth of confusion it afforded me to look around. I saw Saybo start to hover after donning his mask, I noticed the destroyed window (we just had that fixed you imbeciles!) and the other of the Toa Maru who’d used it to climb inside. I heard Stannis continue his preaching. 

You’d think standing engulfed in flames would be nerve-wracking enough, but having someone spout scripture in the background really added that extra touch of grand inquisition to it that could really ruin your day. I knew what he was doing of course. After so many ages spent at war with one another, the purpose behind his chanting was as clear as the sudden appearance of rocky cover all over the place as he waved his polearm around. The burning hatred in the pit of my stomach only intensified in response, burning as brightly as the Toa’s flames around me. What was this, psychological warfare amateur hour? He dared to try and scare me with his laughable religion? After all these years he still dared!? I’d show him the error of his ways by the edge of my blade!

What if he has a point though?

Shut up! You’re not helping! 

My proximity warning flashed again, indicating behind me. I turned slightly, saw streaks of silver flash in the glare of the flames and winced as the knives struck my armor, glancing off of the protosteel, agitating the earlier wound into painful stinging. With a growl I turned my head and spotted the green half of the Toa duo in mid-air. She must have hoped to hit the spot where the Steltian had managed to draw blood. That tactic might work against lesser opponents, but if she thought she could dispatch me while in my armor from a safe distance, she was as deluded as Stannis. But it did give me an idea.

“The only thing turning to ashes will be you!” 

I drew my blade and took a step forward, where Rose could see my sardonic smile through the fire. 

“Wanna bet your life on that?” 

I activated my mask again and reached for Skyra. If these two wanted to meet their end so badly, how could I refuse? I was already looking forward to the Ta-Toa’s face when her own fire would burn her partner after I yanked her down here.

“How ‘bout hers?”

-----

As the elevator doors closed, Achro had noticed there were a whole lot of Vahki of all sorts heading in the same direction, moving rapidly towards the other lifts and stairs in quad configuration. The light inside the elevator dimmed and turned emergency red. A chime sounded, followed by an automated voice: “A critical situation has occurred. All civilians please leave the Coliseum through the nearest emergency exit. All security personnel report to their assigned stations.”

As the lift doors opened, the Vahki with him in the lift rapidly moved out, and Achro noticed the Vortixx from earlier, no longer sitting behind their desk with a tablet. Instead, they were busy fastening a pair of gauntlets with blue talons to their forearms.

They nodded at the mutant Toa as he entered the room, still flashing their best customer service smile. “Apologies for the sudden alarm, but it appears Lord Pridak’s meeting has gone awry. Did you have a chance to try out the smoothie bar? I hope you did. But we must hurry. Please follow me.”

-----

As they hung back from the fight or were still getting to their feet, Saybo, Stannis, Oreius and Waveahk were the first to notice the door to the throne room flying open and an entire team of four nullifier Vahki moved in, accompanied by Archo and the Vortixx receptionist they had interacted with earlier.

“Oh dear!” the Vortixx exclaimed. “You should have all signed in when you arrived, I would have ordered more refreshments.”

The Vahki raised their staves in unison: two carried command versions and two erasers, respectively. They began to take aim at those not directly engaged with Pridak.

OOC: Let's make things a little more interesting. @Eyru@Toru Nui@Snelly@EmperorWhenua@Tarn@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian

• Like 6

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Zaliyah – The Razorfish

As the gathered Toa rushed to carry off the bitter, backwards old man whose belligerence had brought the war back to their village, the severed tail section of the Razorfish ploughed into the ground behind them with catastrophic force, its fall having apparently gone unnoticed while the Toa tended to their elder. 

The initial impact flattened several huts and caused the rounded ship section to crumple like a crushed can, reducing it from three dimensions to two. Liquid protodermis exploded outwards as the pressurised engine ruptured, resulting in a savage spray of shrapnel shards and fragmented fuselage. The unfortunate engineer Vahki that had previously occupied the tail section of the ship was thoroughly obliterated.  

Up above, Zaliyah saw and heard the impact, though of course at her current elevation she had no way of discerning whether it had managed to kill anyone, or damage anything important. A bitter breeze whipped at the crippled, drifting remnants of the Razorfish, stinging her skin, rattling crumpled panelling and loose wires. The vessel hung by its still-intact front, the only part of the framework that had emerged entirely unscathed in the succession of attacks the ship had endured. 

“Units aboard the Wombat are hailing us, requesting updates on the status of our vessel,” the pilot reported, “We’re receiving no response from the units aboard the Tranquillity.” 

“Tell the Wombat to keep their distance,” Zaliyah ordered, “There’s no sense in the League losing all of its warships today.” 

Zaliyah had returned to her seat in the crane compartment, though she was more sitting on it rather than in it, due to the position of the ship. She’d rotated the artillery cannon to point downwards, though she knew all too well that if the ship was lowered enough to fire again, it would be completely exposed to returning fire from the village below, unable to evade. That was assuming the enemy turret was still intact, but given the uncanny luck the refugees had endured so far, that seemed a fair assumption to make.

The Razor's other weapon, the Hagah Plasma Cannon, being mounted on the front of the ship rather than its underside, was pointed uselessly up at the sky, now just more dead weight for a ship that was already struggling to stay afloat. 

“Co-pilot, I want you to find a toolkit, tether yourself, then climb out and disconnect the plasma cannon,” she ordered, “We can’t fire it at the village, but we might still have a use for it.”  

As the Vahki got to work, Zaliyah picked up one of the radio handsets and struck it against an exposed levitation disk. She turned it on, tied it to a piece of metal she’d pried from the busted wall, and let both drop, the radio trying to float, the debris slowly dragging it down. 

Hopefully someone in the village below would find the radio, and be willing to talk.

Loathe though she was to admit it, Zaliyah knew it was time to negotiate.

OOC: @Smudge8 @Azibo @Onaku @Sparticus147 and anyone one else in the village.

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro Outskirts

"I don't speak that tongue," Irna said, nodding over to Ostrox. "And I suspect he will continue speaking in it for as long as he can. To spite us."

OOC: @Tarn @Toru Nui @Keeper of Kraata @TL01 NUVA @The UltimoScorp

IC: Parnassus | Nightmare Pits

"Where have you been living since your home landed on ours?" Parnassus asked, stepping up side-by-side with Barius. "Surely you can't have been staying in that giant head. I can't imagine that it's very hospitable nowadays, considering...."

OOC: @Burnmad @Sparticus147 @Nato the Traveler

-Void

• Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Wastes:

Kat didn't recognise the language either, but she knew the group couldn't just stand around trying to get something out of that guy. "I'm not really the 'in-charge' sort of gal, but.... why don't we make our way to the village? They took kind of a beating, and people might need our help there."

• Like 1

IC: Gaius, Fau Swamp

Gaius spent much of the morning traversing the swamp in silence.  It wasn't until after noon that he heard some bird calls somewhere.  In the Fau Swamp, being by yourself was better than being found by some beast or Skakdi, he knew.  Gaius had wondered all throughout the swamp several times over in his long life.  Within the dangerous jungle biome lurked monsters and predators eager for their next meal, and Gaius new old legends of beings worse than that.  Somewhere, supposedly, shadow monsters lay in wait for their moment to destroy the world and all within it, and even more obscure were the original purposes of the ancient ruins all throughout the swamp.  Gaius himself had been to one such temple before, along with some of his old Toa Team, but, for safety reasons, it was better to live as far away from known locations as possible.  There had to be some maps that still marked those old structures, and Gaius was more than fine not even being close to being close to such markers.

Speaking of ruins, Gaius rested for a minute on some stone bricks embedded into the ground.  It looked like some old stone archway had collapsed a few centuries ago.  Who built it?  Why was it built?  When was it abandoned?  Why was it abandoned?  Questions Gaius would never learn the answer to.  In truth, there were plenty of sights like this scattered all throughout the Fau Swamp, and maybe even all of Zakaz, though Gaius hadn't left the Fau Swamp in the centuries since Mar-Koro needed him more than ever before.  His duty was protecting his Matoran, not exploring.  Presently, that was a bit muddied, though.  Gaius pondered if he was doing the right thing.  He decided it was for the best to honor that dying titan's last wishes, lest he attract someone's attention to his village, but part of him wished he could turn back now and pretend nothing ever happened.  Quiet life in Mar-Koro was a life worth living for all eternity.  Heading north meant heading into the unknown.  Maybe the Skakdi had formed a mighty empire by now and would simply kill him the moment he emerged from the jungle.  Maybe that giant, falling head had crushed the only remaining Skakdi settlement, and the rest of the island was now barren of sentient life.  Maybe that head contained armies of new invaders, worse than even the Skakdi had been.  Who could say, really.

His breath caught and muscles relaxed, Gaius began his march north once more.  For better or worse, he would discover what civilization or lack thereof was waiting for his discovery beyond the familiar Fau Swamp he called home.  Not much else happened that day, nor did anything eventful happen while the Mar-Toa made camp for the night.  As Gaius drifted off to sleep, part of him dreaded getting up and doing it all again the next day, but the entirety of him knew he had no choice.  Gaius had a duty, and while working to fulfill it, he may even discover his destiny.

• Like 1

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC: Ardoku

As I looked up from where I sat at the bottom of the narrow mesa canyon, I could just about see the sky beyond it had turned dark, small specks of light now emerging across the black firmament in a beautiful disorganised tapestry. I’d been awake now for what I was told were a couple hours, a fraction of time of which two dozens composed a full day, and within which were several more dozens minutes, and within those were a similar amount of what I was told were seconds. Lionnel had been extremely helpful as I asked my questions, patient with my utter ignorance of the world’s basic terminologies. His toothy smile was… strangely comforting, even despite the underlying unease I felt at viewing it. He explained that he was something known as a Skakdi, and that I was currently in a village of such beings, hidden and protected within the narrow confines of a mesa’s narrow canyons and crevices. 

It had been about an hour after I’d woken up that I walked beside him through the streets of this village, with him introducing me to its various inhabitants, various Skakdi of different colourations and stature, each occupying a different role in this small settlement. As he was introducing me to the village blacksmith, a large red skakdi by the name of Ankarya, I felt my gaze drawn away to a dark corner of the canyon, a narrow crevice up ahead at the edge of the village, where I could feel two white eyes resting on me before I even saw them. The moment I made eye contact, though, they disappeared into the shadow, and I was left to wonder who it had been, before Lionnel realised I was distracted.

Getting to know the towns folk had been a fascinating experience to be sure, and soon enough I found myself sitting at the edge of a gathering around a campfire being lit at the heart of the village. Apparently my arrival had coincided with a weekly evening of social gathering, where the villagers came together to discuss the latest happenings in and around the village, share stories and news with each other, and eat some tasty grub. Though I sat rather outside the gathering, some stray whispers and murmurs caught my ears, along with stray glances catching my eye. Some people’s gaze expressed curiosity, others mistrust, and the gaze of yet others expressed something I somehow knew had to be bad news. Apparently some people weren’t happy that I was here, something to do with the safety of the village, the danger of having a… Toa in their village? A Toa… Was that me?

Patting me on the shoulder reassuringly, Lionnel left me to my bowl of grub and went talk to some of his friends, giving me a cheery smile before walking off. My gaze followed him as he walked away, his eyes remaining with mine for a short moment before he looked at some other skakdi with that same smile of his, an inaudible greeting spoken, and then he was out of sight. I let out a breath of air I didn’t realise I’d been holding, and tried to have some grub, only to be violently startled as I suddenly realised someone was staring at me, sitting right next to me. 

Saving my bowl from dropping down on the ground, I looked over and realised it was those very same white eyes I’d seen before, though now I could more clearly see whom they belonged to. A skakdi, her colouration violet and indigo… well, on one side, at the very least. Her whole body seemed to be divided into two halves, split down the middle from head to torso. One half was fine. Violet and indigo. The other half, to put it mildly, was not. Rusted, pitted, emaciated and dried up, almost looking like… what was the word? What was the concept? The likeness seemed to be there at the tip of my tongue, but it escaped me. I could not remember it. Something… something which had ceased. A state of not being...

Dead?

Dead.

Half of her looked dead.

“Who are you?” She suddenly asked me, before I’d managed to stammer even a single word of confusion over her sudden appearance. Who am I? Who was I? I thought about the question for a moment, before remembering the word I had found earlier. “A-Ardoku. I… I think my name is Ardoku.”

“You think?”

“I don’t remember.” I look at her and realise I hadn’t seen her before. Lionnel hadn’t introduced me to her. “Why didn’t I meet you earlier?”

“Lionnel thinks I’m not much for socialising, so he tries to give me space. Suits me fine most of the time. You are… an exception.”

“Why is that?”

“For one, you’re a Toa.”

“I’m… a Toa?” There it was again. That word. Toa. She claimed I was once. But what did that mean? “What does that mean?” I asked.

“You don’t remember?”

“I believe I already said as much.”

“So you at least remember that?”

“I remember everything since a short while ago. But nothing before that.”

“So you’re a husk?”

“A husk?”

“You are a blank slate. An unchiseled tablet. We have stories about this, of people finding themselves without memory or identity, roaming the island like empty husks of their former selves. Some found their past again after wandering for long enough, but even those never truly remembered who they were for the most part.” It was difficult for me to read expressions normally, but her strangely mutilated features made reading hers even harder for me. Her tone sounded somber, though.

“But some did?” I asked, perhaps a bit too hopefully, and her white eyes moved to rest on mine once more. “Yes, a rare few found themselves again. And I do mean a very rare few. No one even remembers their names any more, though.”

The thought was unsettling to me, for some reason. Deep down I felt a knot in my stomach. I knew I’d lost something. Something important. The thought that I would never get back who I was felt sad, though honestly it felt quite disconnected as well. Whoever I was before, that person wasn’t me any more. Who I was now, though only remembering less than what had amounted to a day, had no connection to that former self. Not internally anyway. But it dawned on me that though I no longer remembered, the world around me still might. Whoever I was before could very well affect who I was now, if only from the outside rather from the inside.

A stray thought interrupted that train of thinking, I recalled that the person I was talking to hadn’t answered my earlier question… nor returned the courtesy of giving me her nam-

“My name is Helkyrie.” She suddenly stated, cutting off that line of thinking for me. “I… don’t exactly serve a conventional role here in the village.”

I was momentarily speechless. How had she-

“There’s something you should know. Two things, actually.” She'd once more cut off my line of thinking. I shook my head, looking her way with a weary and confused look. “What’s that?”

“First of all… I can see the dead.”

Once more I was speechless. I really wasn’t sure how to respond to that at all.

“And… the second thing?” I finally managed. Looking into her eyes, I saw them move from looking into mine to just over my shoulder.

“I can see your ghost behind you.”

• Like 2

IC: Barius - Irnakk's Tooth

Barius kept his eyes on Drukarus as they ascended back out of the mountain; partially out of suspicion, but mostly because the visions had begun again, and they were even worse on the way out.

As he carried on the conversation, his wounds throbbed and continued to seep blood. His lightheaded feeling intensified. It occurred to him that he might pass out if he continued trying to walk out of these caves unaided.

"I suppose that's true," he muttered, only having half-paid attention to the last thing the purple Skakdi beside him had said.

However, he was painfully cognizant of the fact that he had stressed to Corrivalis so recently; that appearance was everything. It wouldn't do for him to lean on the help of another, mere minutes after usurping Boss. That would set the tone for a short rule, indeed. No, he needed help, but he needed it to be discreet. His thoughts turned to the new Skak beside him. He seemed to have power over gravity; it would be simple enough for him to make Barius lighter. Yet, what impression would he give of himself by asking the stranger for help? This Drukarus might come to think that he was a pushover. Maybe he'd even try to seize power for himself. Barius had never known a Skak of that size not to test his might against others. And what reason did he have to even acquiesce to Barius' request for aid?

On the other side of him was Parnassus, who he had the benefit of a telepathic connection with. He wasn't sure what the Aspect could do to help, but he was certain he had some trick up his sleeve. And yet, he was perhaps more frightened of the idea of Parnassus knowing of his weakness than he was of Drukarus. He had just seen what Aspects could do to those who got too accustomed to their presence. He didn't want to wind up like Boss had: A mere puppet.

Yet, he had to ask someone for assistance, and only one of the two was certain to actually come to his aid.

Parnassus, he hissed through their mental connection. I am severely wounded. It would be hazardous to your investment if I were to be seen in such a state of weakness.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147 @Nato the Traveler @Keeper of Kraata @Conway

IC: Ollem - Desert Suva

He paused for a brief moment of contemplation, but the answer was clear. It almost slipped from his mouth unbidden, so strong was his heart's desire: "I'd quite like that."

Something about meeting Mahrika had given him a deep curiosity for the Matoran culture that had once flourished here. For reasons unknown to his conscious mind, he had to see more of it for himself.

OOC: @Harvali

• Like 1

IC: Jephro-Metru-Koro @Nato the Traveler  @Onaku

As he watched the Razorfish rise, Jephro saw something fall off and drift down "I'll be right back." He said to Iradia as he turned to investigate.

When he reached the mystery object, he found it was a communication device, slowly drifting off the ship. Once it was within arm's leingth he snatched it and began fumbling with the controlls. "Um...u...Hello?"

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Zaliyah - The Razorfish

She leaned forward in her seat, glad to hear an unfamiliar voice.

"This is Toa Zaliyah speaking on behalf of the League of Six Kingdoms," she announced, "Your Turaga has fallen, and your defenders have failed. Your village is in flames, and your false god is dead. Now is the time to surrender." 

@Smudge8

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

6 hours ago, Vezok's Friend said:

IC [Pridak - Coliseum Throne Room]:

As they hung back from the fight or were still getting to their feet, Saybo, Stannis, Oreius and Waveahk were the first to notice the door to the throne room flying open and an entire team of four nullifier Vahki moved in, accompanied by Archo and the Vortixx receptionist they had interacted with earlier.

“Oh dear!” the Vortixx exclaimed. “You should have all signed in when you arrived, I would have ordered more refreshments.”

The Vahki raised their staves in unison: two carried command versions and two erasers, respectively. They began to take aim at those not directly engaged with Pridak.

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax (Still officially Barraki)

Location - The Coliseum (4, 9), 50th Floor Throne Room

With - (Great Being) Aurax, Pridak, Stannis, Skyra, Rose, Waveahk, Archo, NPC Vortixx, Oreius

There were many small opportunities to take a shot, but nothing significant that stood out to him that begged him to accept a hypothetical perfect opportunity. If Aurax wasn’t here, he would have bolted from this battle so fast. Well, if Aurax wasn’t here, he would have bided his time and taken Pridak out quietly, no matter how long it took. There were always weak moments to exploit. But no, his Great Being decided time was of the essence and so here they all were as they should be. Then yet another Toa arrived to help from some place only Aurax knows, further showcasing his Great Being’s divine will being exerted on the situation to bring about that which he wished.

Then the door to the throne room flew open, causing Saybo to double his efforts of mid air dodging as four Vahki stepped through and began to take aim. He also noticed the receptionist appear and she looked ready to join the fray as well. That was a shame, the quality of her work would be missed. He expanded the droplet he had placed on her earlier. If engulfed her head, blocking off her ability to breathe. The water would stay with her if she moved, it would replenish itself if scooped out or swallowed. Saybo was actively keeping the droplet upgraded to orb intact around the entirety of her head.

As the Vahki finished setting up and began to fire, that’s when he decided it was time to join in and return the favor. Due to his quick and sudden movements and focus on the Voritxx, his shots were more of a general direction thing, but went the way of the Vahki regardless.

These actions did, however, cause him to lose track of both Pridak’s and his allies’ movements.

OOC: @Eyru@Toru Nui@Snelly@EmperorWhenua@Tarn@~Xemnas~ @Vezok's Friend

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - The Rig outskirts (9, 8), the Cube

With - Gore Fury, 5 Vehicle NPCs

While Gore Fury dreamt of his travels and well made food, Cravious was in the thick of his work and loving every minute of it. It was in these moments of pure creation and decision making that he felt life’s cogs perfectly meshed together and everything was as it was meant to be. His actions flowed like a creek, his tools and the mechanical pieces smooth rocks at the bottom of the stream.

The Skakdi of Lightning waterproofed Uraborask’s truck. He added all terrain tires of a sturdier quality. He fixed the problem with four wheel drive where it wasn’t making the transition properly. He even used his Improbable Machine to add an A/C unit. It was larger than a normal A/C unit since he had to use his power to accommodate for never needing fluid, but he was sure Uraborask would find it an acceptable trade off.

But the crowning glory was the automatically reloading Cordak Blaster that he’d mounted on the roll cage above the passenger door. The passenger side now had a controller built into the dash that could be pivoted out so the driver could access it while driving if needed. Cravious was going to add a display to be able to aim, but figured a targeting laser on the Cordak Blaster was both more practical and less likely to malfunction in the Fau Swamp. As a precaution against being crushed, the Cordak Blaster could be transitioned from above to swing down and hang in the passenger’s seat.

The extra rockets were stored behind thick armor right in front of the passenger’s seat under the hood. Cravious had dipped into his good resources and made the armor out of protosteel, removing as much possibility as he could of them ever exploding and ruining the engine. Tubing ran from a notch in the hood, up the side of the vehicle, and into the Cordak Blaster. Uraborask would only ever need to replenish the rockets when he had no more. A small counter on the dashboard and passenger side controller showed how many rockets were available and currently loaded.

There were many other small improvements and tweaks, but those were inconsequential and an afterthought compared to what came before. As the sky started to lighten, Cravious finished with Uraborask’s truck. He wiped off his hands and looked outside, gauging how many hours to sunrise. He figured he still had a few hours to look over the Grillmeister.

It turns out that the Grillmeister was already running in almost peak condition. It had survived the impact well and its subsequent drive through the Zakaz desert. He topped off all the fluids and cleaned the body and frame, welding closed any trouble spots he noticed forming or were normal problems on vehicles in the sand. However once more he had to upgrade the tires. Cravious would need to go purchase some more soon. He wrote that down and shoved the note under a wrench with all his other reminders.

He finished earlier than expected and decided to take an additional step, buffing and waxing both vehicles. When he was finished, both looked brand new. The Grillmeister was perfect, and Uraborask’s truck was looking ever closer to an ACR, though it wasn’t one by most means.

Cravious grabbed a chair and went outside, watching as the sun rose higher in the sky and the Rig started to wake up. The sun he enjoyed, the Rig he bemoaned. Yes they collectively made him money, but that didn’t mean he had to like any of them. He couldn’t wait to get out of here. Maybe he would check up on his mines, maybe he would drop off that order for one of Boss’ group, or maybe it was finally time to bite the bullet and get himself desecrated. It seemed at this point the only way to gain even more of a mental edge than he already had on the populace as a whole on Zakaz.

The impossibilities of flight and artificial intelligence still nagged at him, however. Gore’s food had been so good Cravious had forgotten to add the Metru Nui information into the deal. Maybe he could just ask the Skakdi for any information he had? They did seem to be on good terms now. Maybe inviting him to stay would turn to Cravious’ favor after all.

OOC: @Sparticus147 and also @Sparticus147 :P

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Jephro-Metru-Koro @Nato the Traveler

Jephro held the walkie-Talkie at arms leingth, a look of confusion on his face. Then he leaned back in to talk. "Are you sure about that? I thought you were going to surrender to us. You're not exactly in a good position."

Edited by Smudge8

"On the contrary. I'm in the perfect position to drop what's left of my airship onto what's left of your village," she replied, "I didn't see any tracks outside when I was circling the perimeter, which means the rest of your people are still somewhere inside. How many more explosions will it take for whatever they're hiding in or under to collapse, I wonder?" 

@Smudge8

"Ah, so it's you," she chuckled, "Maybe you're right, but you're failing to realise the futility of your situation. This attack may have failed, and the next might as well. And the next, and the next. But all you have are ramshackle ruins, and empty desert all around you. We have a city full of resources at our disposal, with more ships, weapons, and Vahki, and we will keep coming until you submit, or there's none of you left." 

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, On the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

Rebuild, Learn, Hate.

Viltia sat on a small “swing” meant as a builder’s tool to give greater access to build and repair the underside of the village in the trees. Her axe crossbow sat across her lap and her hands gripped it intensely. She was using the swing as a method to lower herself down to where the Ta-Skakdi was caged below the village. He glared at her as she glared at him.

Her hatred towards Skakdi had not lessened after Rancor’s death. And she wasn’t sure how to feel about that.

It was noon, though this time not because she had slept in. She was told her body had been so tired that she had slept through all of the evening and night, waking up only when the sun finally was high enough to peek through the now destroyed canopy over the village.

She had quite a start seeing a Zyglak next to her when she awoke. She thought she was under attack. But the Zyglak merely cursed her and her species, gave her some food and water, made up her bed, and then gave her directions to find some Toa named Torch. After that the Zyglak had cursed the Great Beings and left.

Upon exiting the hut, she saw a Matoran, wearing more of whatever that chitinous armor was, using the Rhotuka spinner she had seen her friends had salvaged earlier. It seemed that the Matoran could control a lesser form of the Green. That caused Viltia to become slightly envious of the Matoran. The power seemed so easy to use when you didn’t have to pull it from your body yourself.

The Matoran, along with the help from several others, was using the power to regrow tree branches, but also to form living boards and railings. She would have never thought of that.

Viltia had also been quite surprised to see several species in the village, not just that Zyglak. She saw at least two Vortixx, some Steltians, and even more species she didn’t know.

She, with Wing’s help, had eventually found Torch on the swamp floor, watching over the start of a mine. Torch, looking weary, filled her in on what had happened. After she had passed out, they had tied up the Skakdi, trying their best to find all the injured. Torch had absorbed the rest of the fire, saving them from that danger. But apparently the blast had summoned forth all manner of Rahi and giant insects to attack. The villagers had spent most of the night just defending themselves or trying to lead the attackers to the Colony Drones to pacify them.

While they fought, a different group had been experimenting with the Rhotuka spinner until they found someone who had a healing one. After that they had stabilized all they could, then started trying to fix and repair everything else. Currently 10 Matoran from the village had died. One Higher Class Steltian and one Vortixx had died as well. 

In terms of Viltia’s group, twelve were dead with the rest unaccounted for. Viltia had confirmed three more, bringing it up to fifteen dead and eight missing. Only fourteen of her friends, including her, remained. She still held out hope for the other eight to find their way to Le-Metru Nuva.

Then Torch had told her about the mine. How they had one LeviCart and power from solar panels, two of which had been destroyed the day before. He told her how he hoped more metal could be found to shore up their defenses, how he hoped they would find protodermis ore to be able to start making more Kanoka. He said they were already making the bricks to build a forge.

He also told her of a plan to find and gather more of the Colony Drones. Yes they attracted Rahi, but they also pacified them. Any chance to help Le-Metru Nuva survive he would take. He talked a little of the swamp and it’s unseen dangers, namely two very bad diseases. He said with finding the Matoran with the healing Rhotuka power the same as someone named “Sorilax” that everyone should be safe from that if they were healed weekly.

He then said he heard she was a new Toa and asked her if that was true. She had said that yes it was true, and Torch replied saying that then it was paramount that he teach her and get her started protecting the village. Viltia had been happy to hear that. Now that her group were relatively safe, she wanted to do everything she could to protect them.

Torch had told her to wait for a while, that he needed to get some sleep, then he would find her later and start her training.

Viltia had wandered around the village, eventually finding out where the captured Skakdi was being kept. Now here she was, eyeing him down with a hatred fueled by years of pain. Only her obligations to her friends… Well, to the whole village kept her from killing him. He wasn’t innocent in this. He deserved whatever he got.

He stared back, eyes also full of hate, though more so because of his current condition, not prejudice, though Matoran are below Skakdi. That was a fact. He sat in his cage, cursing his given abilities, wishing he could wreak havoc on the Toa before him with just a wish and a blink.

Viltia was slightly satisfied at seeing the Skakdi caged much like she had been, but it wasn’t enough. She gripped her axe crossbow. If she could just use her power, it could be all over in an instant with no evidence. Maybe if she used her cross-

She was being pulled back up into the village proper. Viltia sighed, trying to release her negative thoughts. They dissipated, but clung at the corners of her mind. Torch grimly nodded to her, offering her a hand up off the swing. He looked like he hadn’t gotten enough sleep. His optics seemed glassy.

He led her to a platform that appeared to have dirt and grass on it. A lone Colony Drone grazed in the makeshift field. The two sat down cross-legged facing each other. Torch took off his mask, head in his hand for a second before he wiped his optics and donned his Kanohi once more. “Okay,” he started, “Fundamentals.

A Toa contains within them elemental energy. This energy can be used, but it can also be replenished. You can use this energy to control your specific element. You can create, control, observe, and absorb. All these things require focus and the knowledge of how to call upon your element.

Viltia looked at her hands, turning them over and back again. She could feel the energy inside of her waiting to be used, tying her to the trees around and plants below. She was actually starting to get excited. She was so glad she had run into someone who could teach her.

The true extent of elemental powers isn’t known. With practice comes better usage of available elemental energy. A small flame from one Toa might use up the same amount of energy as a large fireball from a different, more experienced Toa that has specifically trained to do more with less energy.

Torch held up his palm, a small ember dancing about atop it, “But first you need to learn how to call your element. Have you ever used your element before?

Viltia slowly nodded, remembering what had happened, but not how she had done it, “Once, but I’m not sure how. I’ve tried using it and I’ve tried pulling the power out from myself. I guess I haven’t tried pushing my power out yet.

Torch smiled, memories of becoming a Toa himself floating through his head, “You can’t touch that energy or force it to do anything, even though you can use it. Calling upon your element is like opening the nozzle on a hose. You let it flow and can decide how much flows at once, but you aren’t really controlling the energy itself.

Well now Viltia was confused. She couldn’t control her element? She totally understood the hose thing, but what was he trying to say?

Torch held up a finger, “Now while you can’t control this elemental energy, you control everything it becomes or does when it leaves your body. Once it leaves the body, in that instant it is no longer just energy and it becomes your element.

Viltia tilted her head, “So can your elemental energy leak out and not become your element?

Torch shook his head, “The hose thing is just an analogy to help you understand it the way I do. If you expend elemental energy, it will become your element in one form or another even if you don’t mentally intend to create anything. And as I said before, you can change the quality of the exchange through years of practice and discipline, displaying more power with the same level of expended energy.

Viltia went to grab her axe, eager to try. Torch leaned forward and grabbed one of her arms, “The testament of a true Toa is being able to channel your elemental energy using only your body. If you take the easy road with a Toa tool, you risk your very life when your Toa tool is no longer there for you. I know that lesson all too well and am still learning myself. Let’s try without at first.”

Viltia lowered her arms and closed her optics. She could feel the Green as background noise, not able to focus on anything specific. Her elemental energy sat within her. She tried imagining a hose, slowly opening the aperture to let her energy out. Nothing happened, much like the many times she had tried before. Still, she persisted. She could feel it within her, waiting to be called upon. After a few minutes she groaned, “Ugh! I can’t do it. I can’t even sense the swamp without my axe.

Torch pondered this, “Make sure to focus on your element, never focus on your energy.

Viltia nodded, closing her optics again. This time she focused on the vague sensation of the swamp around her and imagined opening an aperture from which to step out into it. Suddenly the swamp jumped vividly into her mind. She felt every breeze, every touch the plants around her experienced as perfectly as when she had done so with her Toa tool. She couldn’t help but to smile and that got Torch to smile as well. The moment was interrupted, however.

There were several loud noises of smaller trees being pushed aside and snapping back into place. The village grew quiet and Torch slowly rose to his feet. The noise, whatever Rahi it was, passed below the village, stopping at one of the spots where they kept a Colony Drone. A strange wailing could be heard as it ate, evoking sad memories in all those that heard it. A couple tense minutes later, it moved on. The bustle of life slowly returned to the village and Torch sat back down.

Viltia pat the Colony Drone that was in the platform pen with them. It had come over when Torch had stood. It lowed contentedly and went back to grazing from nearby branches around them.

I did it,” Viltia said proudly, “I actually did it!

Torched glanced around to look for evidence of her element, “Were you observing?

Vilitia nodded, still smiling.

Try to create something, now.

Viltia closed her eyes, eager to try. She opened her mental aperture and connected to the plants around her, then in her hand she imagined a simple flower petal. She felt her elemental energy drain an amount larger than anticipated and she gasped, reactively closing off the mental aperture. In her hands she held something that might in some circles be considered a petal. It was five times too big and looked like it had been mutating for millennia in the swamp.

Torch chuckled at this. Viltia couldn’t help but to laugh too. Soon both were heaving from the expended mirth. Well almost there. Now that you understand the basics, I think it best if you practice what you know. We can save more advanced things like keeping your eyes open for later.

Viltia looked down. Slightly stung by the comment. He was right, she had passed a hurdle, but she still had a long way to go.

Now your mask. Using a Kanohi requires both focus and concentration. This too can be practiced to the point of near subconsciousness. The cost of this one is mental strength. The longer a mask is used, the more mentally fatigued you become. With practice, the rate at which fatigue occurs can be lowered. And also with practice, you can activate and use your mask in most situations regardless of the circumstances.

It seems like you have the power of Rahi control. Try to focus on controlling this Colony Drone.

More attune to feeling her elemental energy, Viltia now noticed her mask power sitting in her mind, waiting to be activated. She focused on it, trying to make the Colony Drone walk over to them. It didn’t.

Maybe it was like her element and she shouldn’t focus on the available energy? She focused on only the Colony Drone, willing it to obey her commands. It continued to stand there and now she was confused.

Torch saw the look and tried to explain further, “It’s not like your element, you must focus and concentrate on the power of the mask. Concentrate on it and block out all else.

Block out all else? Viltia thought of the day before with Rancor. She had seen him and him only. Her world had dimmed though her mind grew sharp. Now she turned that feeling of utter focus on her mask power that she felt waiting to be used in her mind. Her focus was on the mask, her concentration on the power.

Then she stopped. How was she also supposed to tell a Rahi to do anything if she was so focused on-

How am I standing?

Torch looked bemused, “Okay, maybe you concentrate a little too much. You’ll need to work on that. The Colony Drone zoned out, walked over, picked you up, and set you on your feet. You were just staring off to nowhere.

Viltia rubbed her arm, “Yeah I’ve got a long way to go.

Torch stood as well, “Well you’ll have to get there quickly. The future of this village depends on defense, and that means Kanoka and protosteel. I need to focus on security for the mining and smithing operations we’ve just started. You’ll have to protect the village on your own.

Viltia froze at that. She wasn’t ready. She would never be. She looked at her hands. They were large, a Toa’s hands, not a Matoran’s any longer. She balled them into fists. Even though she wasn’t ready, she knew her duty to this village and the protection of it, “Of course. I won’t let you down.

Torch put a hand on her shoulder, “Don’t worry, I’ll let you have a few free days to learn enough about your powers to not be completely helpless. And I’ll help you learn more when I can. But for now, I need to go.

He started to walk away and Viltia stopped him, anger flaring at the subject that had always been in the back of her mind, “What about that Skakdi, he deserves to die!

Torch slowly shook his head in thought, “At one time I would have disagreed with you, regardless of the circumstances. The Toa code above all else. But now I don’t know. I’ve never been much of a deep thinker, but recently I have been doing a lot of thinking. All of us villagers have. Sorilax taught us much, but his view of morality has challenged my preconceptions the most.

The leaders of this village will discuss it. In Sorilax’s view, that Skakdi is worthy of a death penalty. I just might agree with him, and I’m not sure how I feel about that yet. I’d like to wait until Sala and he return to us before giving final judgement.

Viltia crossed her arms and shifted on her hips, not saying more. She was ready to kill that Skakdi now. He deserved it. Only the opinions of the Matoran under her protection kept her at bay. Torch left her to her thoughts.

Over the next few days Viltia devoted her life to learning her element and mask, switching to the latter when the former was expended. She learned the basics of being a Toa, of using her element and a Kanohi. Though no expert by any means, if not interrupted, she could create and control what she willed.

Using her mask power, they managed to capture and domesticate a Kahu, with plans for more in the future. They gathered a few more Colony Drones and Viltia went and absorbed the giant Rahi-eating pitcher plant, which had finished its meal. The first Levi-Cart had carried up iron ore, protodermic ore, a couple lightstones, and a heatstone from below ground and into the hut set up around the entrance. The forge and surrounding building had been made and Beruv had created their first Kanoka.

Viltia had been there when Beruv had thrown the disc and nothing happened. Nothing at all. It took a couple days to figure it out, but it seemed that the protodermic ore they had mined wasn’t the same as in the giant robot. Here it displayed different properties depending on the type and quality of the ore. Beruv estimated a week’s worth of research to begin unraveling the mysteries of this island and it’s protodermis and start producing working Kanoka. Torch spent more and more time working below while Viltia protected above.

The Colony Drones really helped, and Viltia was getting good enough with her mask to at least cause the more dangerous Rahi and insects to head in another direction.

She sat one day in the village, now having taken over the building job from the Matoran whose Rhotuka power was a lesser form of the green. She did so so that she could continue to further her finesse with her power. Right now her plants only met the bare requirements. She had just finished another crude platform of wood and an acid resistant bark covering and was sitting down on a bench admiring her work.

Le-Metru Nuva was up to fifteen huts and six platforms. She had even started a garden on one of the platforms, loving the simple joy of watching a plant grow instead of artificially causing it to. Life was work, but Viltia was loving it. The more she practiced, the more she felt like she always should have been a Toa. The caged Skakdi gnawed at her mind always, however. She wasn’t sure if she could wait for this Sorilax fellow to return. That Skakdi needed to die.

Also, they had confirmed 5 more of her friends were dead for sure. Her hate only grew.

OOC: Part 5 of 5. We've done it! Viltia's prologue is over and she's open for interaction. And by interaction I mean any interaction. Want to explore Kanoka crafting? Come on by! Want to wreak some havoc, Le-Metru Nuva's the place for you! Want a comfy bed on your way to the Grand Ruins? Only the finest of floors are available to sleep upon. We've got it all, from deadly airborne diseases to acid rain to giant, deadly, angry insects! Bring the whole Toa team for a fun weekend! Come by today! 

Also this post straight up looking like Tahu Nuva's poisoned mask. :P

• Like 1

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Marrow - Nightmare Pits 

As the gathered Skakdi and Aspects trailed out of the caves, Marrow remained behind, dread and trepidation creeping in around him as the voices of the living dwindled into the distance. He stood there, silent in the shadows, a familiar sense of hopeless isolation threatening to overwhelm him.

For a moment there, he thought he'd found an ally he could rely on, at least temporarily. For months, he'd yearned for someone, something, to fill the void left by his fallen brethren. But it was clear to him now that Drukarus wasn't what he was looking for. Just like the warskaks, Drukarus was blinded by self-interest and his own inane quest for power. He sought power for power's sake, but regardless of his intentions, he'd still helped Marrow get here, to the dark heart of their foul faith. 

His every instinct urged him to leave, every shred of sensibility left to him screaming that he flee this fetid place. 

But he didn't.

He couldn't.

This was an opportunity, one he couldn't let go to waste. There was something here, down in the dark. Something old and foul and powerful that gave the warskaks the ability to raise terrible monsters and commit their horrific rites. If he could understand it, bend it to his cause or find a way to destroy it, he could rob the surface-dwellers of their strength. 

Cautiously, he approached the edge of the pit, his clawed toes clinging to the rock for fear of sharing Boss' fate. When he spoke, his words came out as little more than a whisper, made hoarse by unfathomable uncertainty and tentative terror. 

"What are you?" 

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

The Toa's question stunned her into momentary silence. How could so many beings still remain arrogant of the reason for the war, after it had raged for so many decades? What lies had the Turaga inflicted on their people? Why did everyone seem to think the city was all that mattered? 

"We don't want the city, we want equality! Why is that so karzing hard for you people to understand?" She spat, "I was here earlier today to negotiate peace to your Turaga. He didn't just refuse, he provoked us, insulted us, and threatened us with death if we ever dared leave the city again. But we are done being segregated and enslaved."

"The deal is simple. Surrender. Go to Metru Nui, proffer yourselves at the feet of Pridak and plead for his mercy. Show him and all of the others that you're willing to accept the other races as equals, admit that the Matoran were never the chosen people." 

There was no guarantee that would work, of course. The Matoran had been given so many chances, so many times. Pridak's order to bomb the village made it clear that he'd had enough. If it weren't for the dual facts that her ship was crippled beyond use, and Turaga Sans was dead or incapacitated, Zaliyah herself wouldn't have bothered trying to negotiate again. 

But the peaceful surrender of the Matoran remnants was the only way this war would end without further bloodshed. The peoples of the League had already spent so much time oppressed, Zaliyah knew many of them would rather die on their feet than live on their knees again. 

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro Outskirts)

As he approached, Skorm crouched and put a hand on Keitara's shoulder. "You did fine, Kei." The warmth in his gaze evaporated as he turned to Ostrox.

"Ivu urx Irna montrakar nazron urx rennec, Ostrox." Skorm stood, taking a step towards the Leaguer. "Oh yes, I learned the tongues of my masters when I was a servant to the Barraki. I was brainwashed, my mind broken; Takadox ensured I would be a 'model servant' of the Six Kingdoms." He pointed to Mata Nui's head in the distance. "When the poisoned thoughts in my head were cured, I didn't switch sides. I'm only fighting you right now because you're bombing refugees. I came close to killing the rahi-headed turaga that denied your peace deal! My loyalty was never mine to give until a week ago."

Skorm's eyes narrowed as his heartstone ached in his chest. "I've given my loyalty to those that have decided that I'm worth caring about. Your idea of honor was to destroy a settlement of refugees with militarized airships. I wasn't lying up there, Ostrox; this island, Zakaz, its brutal. Fighting each other over the past isn't the answer right now."

OOC: @Toru Nui @Conway @TL01 NUVA @ultimoscorp @Tarn

• Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Drukarus (Irnakk's Tooth)

"My home?...I would hardly call the city that lies within that head my home, rather I'd call it a...Military failing. Not of my own fault though...I didn't spend long in there after the crash. I left as soon as I learned that my kind dwelled here...I believe those emissaries were sent by the skakdi known as Nektann." 

As Drukarus replied to the aspect, he couldn't help but notice the oddities amongst the warskak at the moment. Corrivalis, the odd being that he couldn't even guess at what kind of being it was, and Parnassus, the aspect was obviously not a skakdi, nor was it a toa, the dark shroud around them reminding Drukarus of the malevolence that had claimed over the one he had presumed to be Boss. Truly this place was home to some interesting and unique beings.

But that wasn't all that Drukarus noticed, Drukarus took note of the limping injuries of Barius. The gut wound, only being sealed by a thinly cracked layer of ice. The fact that this skakdi was still able to stand, let alone walk, was truly an impressive display of their strength. This one would surely be a challenge if Drukarus was to challenge him for leadership, even if he gave the skakdi only a month to recover.

OOC: @Burnmad @Keeper of Kraata @Unreliable Narrator @Conway @Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

"You sound just like Sans. So instead of all of us being able to share the bounties of this new world, you expect every other sentient race to segregate themselves in a metal shell, cut off from the sun, so the Matoran can all live free?" A note of exasperation crept into Zaliyah's tone, "Why are you all like this? Why is it so karzing hard for you to swallow your pride and accept other species as your equals? If you won't repent, won't change, then what choice do the rest of us have?" 

IC: Jephro-Metru-Koro @Nato the Traveler

Jephro wanted to be calm, he wanted to work things out. But Zaliah was being stubborn, and when she started accusing him, something snapped.  "I never said that!" Jephro shouted, "I just want to live in a place where I can mind my own buisiness, and armies won't attack, and force me to become a refugee, meaning i'd have to take responsibilities I'm not ready for, and eventually have to watch helplessly as the known universe is destroyed, and become marroned on some Alien island!"  

"The League wants that as well. This isn't about Metru Nui, or genocide, it's about being allowed to coexist." She replied, forcing herself to calm down. Based on his words, she suspected this Toa was new. She remembered how that felt. "You think these people wanted to be treated like slaves or labelled as savages? You think they wanted to break their backs growing our food, and digging up the resources we used to build our settlements? The peace we enjoyed for so long was built on pain and oppression."

It had taken her so long to understand. She hadn't believed it all until she'd spoken to the survivors firsthand, heard the stories and seen the scars. Ignorance was bliss, and the Matoran society had enjoyed that bliss for far too long. They couldn't be allowed to go back to it without accepting their culpability. 

Someone had to be held to account for so many ruined lives. 

"There have to be consequences for all of that. The Matoran don't get to just walk off into the sunset and start anew while the rest are left without closure." 

IC: Sala (Fau Marshes)

Once again the pair continued on their journey, at last reaching the outer marshes of the Fau Swamp once again. Making his way through the marsh, Sala was equal parts grateful that he was back in the marshes and not grateful to be back in the deadly marshed. The flourishing, yet soggy, nature of the swamp was a grateful change of pace from the bleak waste sand and ground. But each and every sound that came from the marshes was a potential predator on the prowl. 

But, Sala at least felt safe enough within Second Skin to not be too worried for what dwelled within the marsh. In fact, he remembered of the many plants and mushrooms and herbs that he and Sorilax had gathered for...Metru-Koro. Momentarily disheartened by the memory of the settlement and the battle, Sala tried his best to stay strong as he suggested to Sorilax that they should gather some of the useful plants they found when they left, and with Sorilax's help, they began gathering what plants they could find.

Getting just out of sight of Sorilax in his endeavors, Sala found himself near a pond of murky water, the ground notably being too soft and thick to risk stepping forwards with Second Skin. Stepping forth out of Second Skin, Sala began to wade through the grasses and mud, keeping an eye out for any useful pieces of flora he could take back to Sorilax. That was when, in a stroke of universal coincidence, yet another giant Ghekula frog leapt from the water towards Sala. As the gaping maw of this frog came to grasp upon the seemingly helpless Su-Matoran. But, its maw was not met with the crushing of proto-shell and the tearing of muscle fibers, but rather, a semi-solid, statically vibrating, near-opaque field wrapped around Sala's form as Sala was left completely paralyze but practically indestructible.

Sorilax, while gathering what shrooms he could find, turned his head and stood straight at an odd sound. What was that noise? It sounded like… maybe a Ghekula choking on something? Odd. He added the mushrooms he had picked with the others, looking around. Panic suddenly rose within him. Where was Sala?

He twisted, looking about. No sign of him upon a cursory glance. The worst jumped into his mind. Sala had left Second Skin and was now dying due to Sorilax’s own ignorance. He rushed to the noise!

And burst out laughing. “Bwahahaha!” he slapped his knee in mirth. Sala was stock still in a Ghekula’s mouth. But the best part, he was surrounded by his stasis field! The Ghekula kept trying to swallow him, but the unmoving nature of Sala’s power stopped it from doing so. What resulted was a Rahi gnawing on a near indestructible object and looking ridiculous. It was quite silly and Sorilax appreciated the gesture from Sala. What a unique way to liven the mood.

Still, it wasn’t like Sala could do anything while in that state. Sorilax used a large shadow hand to pick up the Ghekula and another large shadow hand to pull Sala out of its mouth. The Ghekula struggled and squirmed but Sorilax kept a tight grip, moving it a far distance away before letting his shadows dissipate.

Sorilax wagged a finger at Sala, “Very humorous. I quite enjoyed that little japer of yours. Glad to see you getting back to your old self.”

Pausing for a moment, Sorilax added, “That was on purpose, correct? You are quite alright?”

Flexing his limbs and facial servos as the stasis field around himself dissipated, Sala face went from fear, the look it was stuck on when he first started the stasis, then went to relief, and then annoyance. 

In a boubous display of irritation and anger, Sala called out more to himself and to the marshes around him rather than towards Sorilax, “You got to be kidding ME! That was the second, SECOND, time that I nearly got eaten by some big dumb Ghekula frog! Honestly, why are we here, Metru-Koro probably would’ve been safer than this.”

Turning towards Sorilax, Sala finished ranting, replied to Sorilax. “Sorry for my outburst, but no, getting eaten wasn’t on purpose. The...Stasis field though? I..Don’t know if I did that or..It did.” 

Sorilax was taken aback, not sure how to respond. Things were worse with Sala than he had thought. He supposed the difference between them could be attributed to his unique mind as an Aspect. He cared less for those other than him, though he tried to overcome that. With the pain he still felt, he wondered if maybe he was making progress.

Still, he couldn’t imagine Sala’s feelings nor did he have the experience to comfort him. He would have to settle on what he was used to: information.

“I’d be very interested to hear about the first time. But maybe right now isn’t appropriate. As for the stasis field, the Kraata provides the power to you for you to use. Or so it appears based on my earlier testing. They do have primitive minds, so there is a chance it activated on its own. But I would guess that you somehow did it subconsciously, tapping into your power as a defense mechanism instinctively. Though as I said, I can’t prove either potentiality.”

How to comfort him? Stay silent? Maybe not this time. “If you ever need to talk. About anything. I am here and available. I may not be able to respond appropriately, but know that I am glad you still live and that I too mourn for those lost and irretrievable.” He paused, “Shall we be on our way?”

Sala looked up towards Sorilax, a range of thoughts and emotions passing through him as Sorilax spoke. Shame at letting his emotions get to him, sorrow at the reminder of those who passed, wonder at the theory concerning the Kraata. Taking a brief moment to center himself, Sala spoke up.

“Thanks Sorilax, and it is okay sorry for losing my cool. You may be a little out of it when it comes to conversations sometimes but you do try your best. I appreciate it...So you say they have minds? Interesting, maybe we can learn more about them with me..having one. I’m not going to lie, it is still pretty weird, but..It’s nice knowing something is watching my back.”

Hopping back into Second Skin and following along with Sorilax, the plentiful amount of useful plant materials in tow. “You know what, I have really been meaning to tell you that story though about my first encounter with a native Ghekula. So, it started like this, I was planning on copying something down for you, but I could not find any ink, so I…”

And as Sala told his tale, a smile was on both Sala’s and Sorilax’s faces, a different reason for both beings to have one but one they both shared gladly. Through the marshes they went, over root and knoll, back towards their mutual home, of Le-Metru Nuva.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian Co-Made with Kal

On 7/13/2020 at 2:23 PM, Vezok's Friend said:

IC [Zataka - Aboard the Tactical Panda]:

Zataka finally followed Yumiwak’s suggestion however, if only to get out of the uncomfortable standing position, and sat down in a surprisingly graceful and fluid way, considering the tight space. She very much doubted she’d fit in anywhere on this island. Speaking of…

“You’ve told me your name, Yumiwak, but you’ve yet to tell me what it is that you do. Aside from picking up foreign wanderers.”

IC Yumiwak | Panda II

I mulled over how to best respond to my "guests" question. I also pretended not to notice the pained feelings both my crew were having over how this Zataka character seemed to come aboard without nary a splinter in her heel to show for it, but believe you me, I knew those resentments were there. They were in their nature, minted by jealousy and a familiar fear that I was being taken for a fool by this giant woman. This was what I did, though—I toyed with people, feelings, emotions. I tried to do that initially to Zataka when she was sleeping, tried to inspire a healthy sense of fear or something for when she awoke, and while that backfired... (I should have just shackled her while she dreamed, curse me) it was the first attempt at many to sway her. 

I love killing as much as I love politics. I also love watching the life drain out of people's eyes when they realize they've been had. Perhaps this Zataka was too great a foe for me to take on fist-to-fist and I was right not to challenge her directly and without assistance, but she, like everyone else, had a weakness... and I would eventually take pleasure in watching her fall. And my crew would watch and be proud. 

"Well... funny question, that. I am the daughter of Yusanorak, the daughter of Yusirak, the great-granddaughter of Arsexis II the Tahtorak Rora herself. Maybe you've heard of them? Anyway, times have changed since then and presently my empire is more mercantile in nature, and to pay our bills I own an organic soap-making business and also sell scented candles. Would you... care to experience one?"

@pokemonlover360 @Tarn @Vezok's Friend

• Like 1