Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC Stannis | Ft Nektann

The old man was vaguely aware something was drawing the attention of the Warskaks; a flurry of movement from the peripherals caught his attention, and something alarming was clearly afoot, but he stayed where he was and busied himself with speaking with the stars.

And oh, the tales they told him. 

He was vibing.

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

IC: Administrator | Ruins of Air

“I am the Administrator,” the Administrator said. He explained further; “your questioning is much like another recent visitor, though not at this particular temple. You do not happen to be familiar with a machine known as the Kilo-M9?” 

The Administrator paused, but when Viltia did not offer a confirmation he continued; “no, I am not the entire building, yes you are within a suva, yes I do know the ancient ways of merging Kanohi masks into Silver and Gold, and no I am not just some simple computer voice that responds to your every question. I even swapped the order around to prove my point.”

Neither Apex or Viltia laughed. The Administrator considered that maybe it was not designed for comedy, and perhaps would never learn. 

“I mistook you for another, for you bear their mark.”

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini-Nui

Sidra left without a goodbye, making her way from Kini-Nui into the hills surrounding. Shin high ferns curled away from her when she walked past, the slightest touch making them roll into themselves. Jungle vines and thick moss clumps dangled from the boughs of crooked trees. She could sense the mildest of intelligence from the very plants. Not enough to communicate, certainly not enough to control, but a level of life she until this point had disregarded as inconsequential or even nonexistent.

When she placed her palm to a bunker door it felt warm to her touch. Warm from the light of the sun, she realized. Strangely, she also felt the door seemed hungry. There was no other word for it: it seemed hungry. But for what? The door was massive -- a hundred feet tall by almost half that in width. Its metal surface was scored with scratches, faded graffiti, and dents from particularly hefty boulders. Unfortunately, no one saw fit to write easy instructions. Was the door push or pull? Did it respond to words? All she had to go one was Nuju's ideas, her own wits, and a solidly sealed bunker door.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

Sidra had spent enough time pursuing puzzles on this island to realise the folly in overthinking things. Sometimes the simplest solutions, the ones that seemed almost too obvious, were the best ones. It had taken a Great Disk to open the previous door. Perhaps that was what this one wanted as well.

With her hand still touching the warm metal, she channeled the power of the Great Disk of Ice through her open palm, directing a brief beam of Freeze energy directly into the door to see if that provoked any kind of reaction. 

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Arkius - Ruins of Stone

Arkius visibly sneered in response to Collector's words. "This form is not a 'risk', Vortixx. This is the purest expression of Toahood, one which we require if we are to continue to not only survive but thrive in this strange new land. Now, no more debate. The longer we delay, the longer our enemies have to gather their strength and strike at us again." He turned to Jutori and Vashni, his sneer having turned to simply a stern expression as he looked at the two. "Be it one or both of you, the two of you can either come with me and Kilo, or stay in the village to protect it, but you had better decide quickly." With that, Arkius made his way outside, taking immense strides to catch up with Kilo before exiting the Ruins.

Outside, the first thing he noticed was Kat fighting the aspect Ulkarr, his eye narrowing, before noticing the Vahki standing by, observing. A sparring match, he realised, before making his way around the pair, observing them in action. 

@Harvali@Toru Nui@The UltimoScorp@Tarn@Snelly

• Like 4

Well, that's something... hopefully I'm doing this right.

She took a step back, raised both hands, and unleashed continuous beams of Freeze into the door. 

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

Atamai watched Sidra walk off. He turned and headed toward the door nearest the portal from which he had come from. He gently placed his hand on it, and, following Nuju's suggestion, tapped into his elemental power in order to see if it would have any affect.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

IC: Jutori - Ruins of Stone

Jutori looked to Collector. He almost felt like he should apologize to the Vortixx for how Arkius behaved towards them.

The Toa of Gravity didn't like the feeling of the Odd Company being split up this way after they'd just come back together (and even found new allies), but it was like he'd said: there were other forms of protection besides them. Collector was there, along with the Vahki. The Matoran would be fine.

He sighed. "We'll be back," he said to the Vortixx. "If Atamai returns before we do, tell him where we went, okay? Keep an eye on the villagers."

With that, Jutori turned and departed the ruins, catching up with Arkius.

@Harvali@Onaku@pokemonlover360

• Like 4

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini-Nui

Nuju watched the two toa just walk off, no goodbye, no excuse me, nothing.

"I remember this reality having more manners," Nuju grumbled to himself once the two were out of earshot and off on their own personal adventures with doors. A tiny lizard, some sort of little gecko really, clambered into Nuju's lap. He softly rubbed a hand across its little spines. It blinked at him. He blinked at it. It smiled. He smiled. It licked its eye. "You know I can't do that, that's not fair."

"Life isn't fair," replied the lizard, and scampered off.

"I'm sorry did you just," Nuju began, but the lizard was gone.

The door before Sidra grew deathly cold, frost covering its surface to melt in the sun, and the door became even more hungry. She could feel her powers of Freezing leeching from her body. It became exhausting, and the door's hunger seemed never ending. Nerves twitched, wires reached their output limits. Would she continue?

Atamai approached a doorway, feeling the metal with his hands. Strangely, it refused his commands, and did not offer itself for manipulation or control. Instead, the doorway felt hungry. It began feeding on the power of Atamai's element, consuming what he offered. How much would he give?

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @~Xemnas~

• Like 4

Happy chat.

She released the stream of power and lowered her tired arms, shaking flakes of frost from her hands. She was nearing her limits, but the door had to be as well, surely?

Taking a few moments to collect herself, she reach out with her mind this time, pouring her elemental energy into the metal to see if that would be enough to persuade it to open.

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

IC: Ollem - Ash Barrens

The two Matoran having reached the scorched land of fire, they stood a mere stone's throw from the first of the two rivers of fire that supposedly marked the location of the Suva which they sought. Placing a hand over his brow - more to keep the rolling beads of sweat out of his eyes, than whatever rays of sunshine could make it through the ash-choked atmosphere - Ollem began to survey the land on the other side of the lava flow. Though the aforementioned ash-choked atmosphere impeded his vision, the effect was not so intense as to obscure his view of the horizon entirely. In any case, he was sure his companion's telescopic lens would offer her better luck than he himself was having.

OOC: @Harvali @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Grand Temple Ruins

With - Apex

Viltia now felt safe enough to wander the halls of this place, this Suva! She beamed as she explored each of the rooms as the Administrator spoke. This was so cool! The rooms were all confusing and mismanaged, kind of like the space of the Suva was messed up.

Once the Administrator stopped talking, Viltia spoke up, “Administrator isn’t much of a name. It’s more like a title. What is your actual name? Not your rank. I told you my name. It’s only nice to return the favor. Especially since you aren’t just input, output. None of my friends call me the Gardener or the Forger. I don’t want to be rude to you.

A beetle on the wall buzzed at her. It was so cute!

Can you tell me how to merge Kanohi? Or can you not actually give out information like that? I would understand if you can’t.

Viltia rubbed the symbol on her thigh where the largest filled in wound was as the Administrator talked of it. The symbol for her tethers was there, “Whose mark do I bear? Because I don’t really remember getting this symbol.

She slowly moved back to the main room. She was momentarily distracted as she wished she could remember everything that had happened when the large undead thing had attacked. Viltia shook her head and walked back past Apex to explore another room for a second time, deciding to think about things later.

The rooms really were off kilter. The pipes were arraigned all wrong, and the space part of the Suva was even showing. Being here really was giving her a ton of great ideas. If this place was possible, she absolutely had to make one for herself and her village.

And just so you know, your rooms are all messed up. Can you please rearrange them? If you have control over the Suva space, that is. I’d like to see what these pipes are supposed to do.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

IC: Korruhn, Fort Nektann Hangar

As Korruhn tipped the final barrel, near the back of the hangar, Grime, who stood between the Toa and the bay door to the ship, began to speak. He was destitute, disregarded. Forlorn. He wanted nothing more than to go to the Matoran, tell him who he really is, and that he would save him from his fate amongst the bloodthirsty fiends of Fort Nektann. But alas, he couldn't ease the burdens of the Matoran; at least not until they got out.

Just then, a bay door was forced up loudly behind them, betraying the form of Barius amongst it. Conveniently, Parnassus and the Mimic had decided to poke their noses in as well. Barius, furious at the sight of the fuel, demanded Korruhn clean up. Turning slowly, Korruhn met eyes with Barius. He was ready to fight them should he have to, but he much preferred getting Grime, getting the ship, and then worrying about Stannis and escaping. He had to improvise.

"Last I checked, petrol is a solvent," Korruhn sneered. "And in case you hadn't noticed, this place is a grease fire waiting to happen. You should be thanking me for cleaning up for you."

• Like 2

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: Vulimai (The Taku, Cargo Bay)

"When you speak...is that Vulimai speaking, or is it Whisper? Or both?"

Vulimai turned her attention towards Nale, though most of her thoughts were attempting to understand what exactly had happened. "It's me, Captain Vulimai. I...I don't think this is a mutual thing, it's either one or the other. And right now, I'm in control."

"Am I correct?" Vulimai thought to Whisper.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @BULiK @Tarn @Toru Nui

IC: Drukarus (Fort Nektann)

Walking through the halls of the fort, Drukarus' attention was taken by the sounds of clamoring and voices from the garage. Approaching and entering the garage, Drukarus entered after Barius and saw the sight before him.

Grime and the other shadowy individual who came alongside Stannis, standing within the garage surrounded by spilt oil and fuel. Drukarus' did not know exactly what was occurring here, but he could easily figure it out. Taking a step forwards, just passing Barius, Drukarus unslung his maul as he planted its head before himself, as he bellowed out in a commanding tone.

"GRIME!"

OOC: @Burnmad @Unreliable Narrator @Crimson Jester @Conway @Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sparticus147 said:

"I don't think this is a mutual thing, it's either one or the other. And right now, I'm in control."

"Am I correct?" Vulimai thought to Whisper.

IC: Whisper - The Taku

Correct, she replied. Right now I'm just a passenger.

@Sparticus147

• Like 2

IC: Reliable Narrator | The Coliseum, Waiting Room B 

The Nullifier swung its arm up to block Iradra's blow, catching her sword on its staff. Confident that this was the real Toa, it spun its other arm around in an unnatural display of machine flexibility to fire its staff directly into her body—

Zaliyah's beam blew its head clean off in a shower of sparks. The Nullifier's body collapsed back into the pile of splintered wood and drywall, leaving Iradra unscathed.

The other Vahki ducked under Iradra's projectile, a new disk glowing into being in its mechanical jaws. With two swift steps, it was upon the right-most Iradra. It attempted the same maneuver its ally had tried moments ago: one staff swung at the Toa's head, while the other fired a blast of erasing energy at point-blank range.

In the lobby, the doors to each elevator remained closed. A black screen was installed above each set of doors to display the elevator's current location with a glowing red number. The numbers were swiftly ticking up. Reinforcements were on their way.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Silver Sea Shore

Waveahk was roused from his nap by a chiming sound. If he looked out the window, he would see the airship was beginning to make its descent towards the shores of the protodermis lake. Its shadow grew gradually to meet them, and the ship landed gently on the ground with a bump. Little clouds of dust puffed up from each place the landing gear came to rest. Outside the ship, the air was warm and the sky was clear. Tufts of thin, hardy grass rippled here and there in the breeze.

The rear hatch opened with a hiss of venting steam. "Last stop," a robotic voice said through invisible speakers. "Please mind the gap."

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro

Taja kept working, but she was starting to wonder: Where was Whisper?

OOC: @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler @Onaku

• Like 4

IC: Zaliyah - Coliseum Waiting Room

Zaliyah's knack for strategy had been a big part of what had earned her her place in the League, and now her mind was working overtime to come up with a plan to get them out of here. Given Aurax's knee-jerk reaction to immediately call for the deaths of Zaliyah and her companions, it stood to reason that whoever was coming up the elevator was on their way to this waiting room to carry out those orders.

That meant they still had time to get to Aurax before he could slip away. As long as the elevators were in use by the initial group of attackers, they weren't being used by Aurax himself. Wherever he was, he wasn't going anywhere until his first wave of reinforcements were deployed. 

Zaliyah didn't want to be here when those reinforcements arrived, but with the elevators in enemy hands there was only one way for her to move between floors. And with one Vahki down and the other preoccupied with Iradra, this was her best chance to make a move. 

"Fall back, out the window!" She shouted, already beginning to charge towards it. "Get to the next floor up!" 

A blast of energy lashed from her herding blade a moment before she struck the window with the shoulder of her mutated arm, partially shattering the glass before she struck it. Pain exploded through her arm as she exploded through the glass, and tumbled out into the open air. Bad plan, bad plan, bad karzing plan! Before she even entered freefall, her armour had begun adapting glider wings, and she soared out high over the arena below. 

The misshapen weight of her body soon started to drag her down to the side, and the armour adjusted its dispersal to counterbalance, before forming rudimentary thrusters on her boots to give her some lift as she swept back around and swooped towards the window directly above the one she'd just come through. 

A rhotuka was loosed from her launcher as she drew close, fragmenting the glass before she flew through, where she landed in an ungainly roll on the floor of the new room, where she hoped to karz there weren't already even more Vahki waiting for her. 

@Eyru @Toru Nui @Onaku

• Like 4

IC: Iradra - The Coliseum

As the Vahki assaulted her with a staff strike and a blast, it found that rather than making impact, the right-most Iradra's form rippled before disappearing along with her hardlight sword. Likewise did both the center and left-most Iradras disappear along with any other hardlight construct in the room. In that moment, however, a cylindrical tube of hardlight formed around the Vahki, boxing it in.

The drywall where Iradra had been knocked into earlier rippled before revealing Iradra's form, who quickly got on her feet and sprinted to the window, forming a simple hardlight platform outside which she leapt onto. She turned around, waving Ostrox over, waiting for him to get on before she'd lift the two of them up after Zaliyah to the next floor.

@Eyru@Nato the Traveler@Toru Nui

• Like 3

"Correct, right now I'm just a passenger." 

"I see..." Vulimai thought in reply to Whisper, but another thought lurked in the periphery of her mind, of the exacts of their deal. With a heavy sigh, Vulimai thought to Whisper, "...You know where my hut is...You may take me there, but if anyone approaches you, you will let me take control. Understood?" A sharp tone of seriousness and commanding presence was in Vulimai's thoughts as she spoke to Whisper.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 1

IC: Ulkarr, NU-8020S, Reckless, Obedient and Impressionable (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone Exterior)

Ulkarr was pushed away by the kick. It was then he noticed Arkius was watching, at which point the shadows surrounding his hands dissipated. "Arkius, Toa of Earth. I realize the sight of violence may upset you, but it is entirely voluntary."

NU-8020S clambered up the ziggurat as well, and began chirping and buzzing new information to Reckless.

@The UltimoScorp@Onaku

IC: Ostrox (The Coliseum, Waiting Room)

Ostrox didn’t like placing his life in the hands of a Toa. Because, you know, he’s racist. I believe we’ve established that by now. But those like Zaliyah who realized their 'society' and 'culture' was a crock were saved his ire. And perhaps there was hope for this 'Iradra' to become the same.

Making two illusionary copies with his Mahiki, one programmed to run into the washroom with a fearful expression, "AH! I DON'T WANT TO DIE! THERE'S SO MANY HERESIES I HAVEN'T COMMITTED!" The other programmed to pretend to attack the Vahki with his sword, "You clinking, clanking, clattering collection of caliginous JUNK!" Both distractions while the real Ostrox leapt from the shattered window onto the hard light platform.

"Next floor up, please." The 'please' was delivered with some stiffness, as if his mouth had difficulty even forming the word.

@Eyru@Onaku@Nato the Traveler

IC: Waveahk (Silver Sea Shoreline, Vahki Airship Exterior)

"Your services are appreciated… at least by me."

Grabbing his stuff, Waveahk did indeed mind the gap as he exited the vehicle. Finally, he was out of that misbegotten city. He wasn’t sure if he would have died if the Shadowed One had never sent him there, but his survival was only barely worth it. When it wasn’t run by xenophobic fundamentalist hypocrites, it was run by tyrannical fascist imperialists. Aurax being in charge would change very little, except make peace a slightly more valid option. The city would still be built and maintained by the downtrodden for the sake of the rich and pious. Like Stelt was…

No. Now was not the time to dwell on his old, pre-mutagen life. He couldn’t remember much of it at this point, anyway. He recalled telling someone he wouldn’t be caught dead in the 'City of Legends', but he couldn’t recall who he was telling it to. Someone important, but not influential or infamous, just important to… him.

Waveahk violently shook his head. He was getting sentimental as his brain slowly degenerated from his worsening mutation. He began the long walk back to Metru-Koro to inform the Turaga of all that went down in the Coliseum… and make it clear there was nothing he or anyone else could do to stop him from reaching the Kumu Islets...

@Eyru

IC: Lawful (Tobduk-Koro)

"You seem overworked. May I recommend delegating some of your responsibilities to entities you trust? Even the Squad Mother must sometimes rely on one of us Squad Members to make calculations for her."

@Harvali@Onaku

• Like 5

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi let out a sigh, “you are right. I … I know some of the villagers want Arkius, and you, Lawful, you seem to see things clearer than I do. Maybe a council would be best.” The Fe-Matoran paused, mustering his strength and retracting his staff. He then nodded and grappled away, stopping by the villagers to speak and tell them of the current decision regarding Bode. 

OOC: @Toru Nui @Onaku 

IC “Collector” - The Ruins of Stone

Collector winced at Arkius’s words, but nodded to Toa Jutori. “I will. Stay safe, Jutori. And … I’m sorry.” They waited behind as the group left. This was the purest power of Toahood? So, the device did have the power of Toa. Something Collector had wanted ever since they had been exiled from Xia. They … they wanted this power, to be a Toa, to be loved by the Matoran, to belong. To possess friendship, a possession that could never be stripped from them.

But this power … was it just them? It fused Arkius’s mask to his face, turned it into a part of his anatomy. Melted it to his skin. That much power right near his brain, and the change in his behavior, was it just Collector?

Though Collector did not know Arkius that well, and after the flood, Collector themself had changed in temperament and personality. Maybe, maybe this was just Arkius’s reaction to the destruction  of Po-Koro, that it was unrelated to the NUVA power. Maybe he was grieving.

Collector sighed, it … it didn’t feel like that though. Still, by now Arkius had left, so they too left the building, trying to keep their distance from the Toa. They would need to speak to the Vahki. They would need their help to build disk launchers, they believed the Vahki could reuse the same disks without leaving their post to collect them, that could help with ammo.

They had never been trusted around the Vahki in Metru-Nui, and that was probably the right decision. Once, they would have dissected one of the Vahki eagerly, studied them and scavenged tools and parts from them. They had been as cold and ruthless as any Vortixx. But, the Vahki saved so many lives when Po-Koro fell, and they seemed … complicated. They … they were glad they never had gotten the chance to study them. 

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn 

IC Mahrika - The Great Telescope

Mahrika walked alongside Ollem, her telescopic lens searching about for Rahi or the Suva. As she walked she held her arms around her squat body, hugging Vokarda. Finally she broke the silence. “Ollem, you … you have interacted with a lot more people than me, at least recently. My social skills have decayed. Do you think we can trust Kas? Or should we prepare in case he would betray us whenever he gets what he wants?

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Reliable Narrator | The Coliseum

Zaliyah burst through the window into the new room. As she staggered to her feet, a little woozy from the impact, she noticed she was in what appeared to be an open-concept office. Desks and chairs were arranged haphazardly. A potted plant in one corner had fallen over, spilling dirt across the carpet. Computer monitors lay on the ground, some shattered, some not. A painting hung crookedly on one wall, displaying a Kahu in flight against a stony gray sky.

On the far side of the room, it looked like someone had been giving a safety presentation when they had been forced to evacuate. Papers were scattered here and there, displaying typed bullet-points on WHAT TO DO IN AN EVACUATION. An i-Stone lay on one desk, plugged into a projector pointed at pull-down white screen on one wall. Both devices appeared off, but if she looked closer, Zaliyah would notice each blinking every few seconds with a soft blue light. They were just in sleep mode.

Behind the Hordika, Iradra and Ostrox jumped through the window, the Toa's hardlight platform rippling out of existence as they did so. One floor below, the elevators dinged one after  another, and began to open.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui @Onaku

• Like 2

IC Kilo-M9 - Tobduk-koro (outside the Ruins of Stone):

The machine paused for a moment after exiting the ruins to observe the sparring action occurring in front of it. Automatons were not prone to such activities. Their combat abilities were based on pre-programmed movements accompanied by an adaptive algorithm to determine responses to enemy actions. Training muscle memory was unnecessary a mechanical brain with the ability to recall information perfectly. The idea of a one on one open duel was also not how machines typically approached combat. Ambushes provided too much of an advantage to make dueling a logically sound option.

The fact that what of the combatants was not part of the group that had originally migrated to the new village location was an issue, however. Barely any time had passed and the security of the village had already been breached. The mechanical enforcer would have interrogated the newcomer were it not in such a hurry.

Arkius and Jutori soon joined the machine outside the ruins. It turned to them and said, “Ally Arkius, recruit any additional companions and meet this unit at the vehicle shortly. Ally Jutori, please assist this unit in retrieving supplies.” The protodermis protector began to depart towards the main village center before turning back to the pair of toa. “That last statement is not an order,” it clarified before continuing onwards, expecting Jutori to follow.

OOC: @The UltimoScorp@Toru Nui@Onaku@Tarn

• Like 6

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Zaliyah - Coliseum 

The hordika got to her feet, rubbing her shoulder. Small lacerations marred her flesh where shards of glass had slipped through the gaps of her armour, and though she seemed to still have full mobility in her arm, she could feel something grating painfully in her shoulder as she rotated it. 

"Empty floor, perfect," she groaned, watching the number display next to the elevators as she began moving towards them. "If Aurax is still in the building, his next move will be to either call reinforcements to his position, or move somewhere more secure. Either way, the elevators will probably be heading to his floor next." 

She glanced at the Mahiki-wearing pair, recalling the tricks she'd pulled when she still possessed the power of illusion. "Can one of you two create an illusion of us still standing by the window, then an illusion of a blank wall or something near the lift doors for us to hide behind?" 

There had still been a Vahki in the room when she'd given her order, so it was possible it had heard her instruction to move to the next floor up and passed that knowledge on to the rest of the hive. If Vahki came to this level, either via the lift or by flying in through the window, she wanted to be prepared.

@Toru Nui @Onaku

• Like 4

IC: Ollem - Ash Barrens

"I'm... not sure," Ollem replied. "That stuff the Administrator said - if it's true - sounded pretty bad. Maybe Kas has changed since he did all that stuff, but maybe he hasn't. Maybe he doesn't even realize what was wrong about it. Some people..." he carefully avoided limiting the statement to just Toa. "Some people can be nice enough when there's nothing on the line-- nothing in it for them, no incentive to screw people over. In that respect, I reckon we can trust Kas for as long as aiding us doesn't cost him anything. After that... well, we'll see."

OOC: @Harvali @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Ruins Exterior:

Vision was slowly returning to the young monk, but it was still blurry and painful.

"Arkius is back?" She asked, squinting at the black and silver blur that seemed too tall to be Arkius but then there were several blobby shapes and the voices so she supposed it was true!

"Wow, hey guys, how did it go in there?!" She asked enthusiastically, and coincidentally forgot momentarily about the spar she was already in and lowered her guard completely.

@Onaku

@Toru Nui

• Like 2

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Cargo Bay of the Taku

The engineer warily watched Vulimai's eyes for any sudden changes that might indicate a swap of control.

"Regardless of whoever is holding the strings, let's go to see the wounded first, then Triage can split off with you to help organize and gather Kanoka for the evacuation while I begin construction."

• Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Whisper/Vulimai - The Taku

Understood. 

She reclaimed control of Vulimai's body and just stood there for a few moments, acclimating to the new form and all the sensations that came with it. She almost didn't want to move, for fear of disrupting whatever mystical equilibrium kept bipedals standing upright.

"Alright... Whisper here..." she spoke to the others, the words sounding slurred and uncertain as Whisper forced the lips to articulate her thoughts, "I'm taking Vulimai back to her office... very carefully." She lifted her leg up and took a shaky step forward, arms held out to grab at something if she overbalanced. These organic beings were so limited in their mobility, with so many of their limbs and joints restricted to only moving in certain directions. 

She took another step. 

And another.

Despite the weirdness, it felt good to walk. Every part of the biological body responded to touch, a vastly overwhelming, disorienting contrast to the cold metal shell she knew. She could feel the firm floor underfoot. Feel her body weighing on her with each step. She stopped at the ladder, trying to remember how these beings climbed it. She recalled it took both hands and feet, firm grip and certain steps. I can do that. Fingers were basically like tiny tails, useful for curling around things and holding tight. That was all she had to do here. Easy. I've got this.

She took a single step down, noting the different sensation of putting all of her body weight down on only a small part of her foot. Limited though they were, the fact these biologicals could comfortably put all of their weight on a single extremity was impressive. She took another shaky step, then leaned down to latch onto the ladder with her hands, feeling more comfortable in her descent now that she had a firm grip on something. 

Hand over hand, down she went, until the metal bars underfoot were replaced by warm sand. "Hah, yes!" She cheered, celebrating to herself while she waited for her minders to descend the ladder and join her. 

• Like 7

On 12/23/2020 at 9:07 PM, Conway said:

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro

"If it's sailing we'll be doing," Irna said, "my family used to build boats back on the Northern Continent to trade and fish. I may be able to help us construct something."

But her expression turned gloomier at Skorm's mention of Kei. This expedition would, at least partially, be for the young woman's benefit, and yet she had barely been able to stay upright the evening before. Irna cared for her deeply, of course she did, but she wondered if Keitara would be strong enough to make this journey.

"How was Kei the last time you saw her, Skorm?" she asked.

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro)

"Then I will defer to your obviously greater expertise. As for Kei..."

Skorm's smile disappeared. "Last I saw her she was with you, and she collapsed. She's obviously going through a lot; not being able to remember who you are, losing yourself... that's something I could be an expert in. I think getting out there will be good for her; get away from all this," he said, gesturing to the ruination around them, "and onto whatever's bugging her will take her mind off things. She likes solving problems, and I think helping her along with this one will get her through this."

OOC: @Conway @Toru Nui

• Like 2

The times, they are a-changing...

On 12/20/2020 at 2:15 PM, ~Xemnas~ said:

IC, Whira: Irnakk's Tooth

Whira shook her head. "I am not seeing anything other than what you mentioned," she said. "But I will double check to make sure we aren't missing anything." She directed the shadows to once more clean the walls of the cavern.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Nightmare Pits

The shadows rippled and danced under Whira's command, and continued to scrub away the dirt and grime that obscured the engraving. Dust and ash flaked away from a final scene, which Cravious examined closely. It was done in the same style as the previous etching of the forge, complete with the little cuneiform letters that ran through all the others. It depicted a temple of some kind, resting in the clearing of a lush jungle. Six obelisks rose from a circle of stone, and it was here a tiny figure stood. The figure was roughly carved, so small as to hardly be visible. The focus was on the temple itself, and on the area surrounding it. Half-hidden amidst the trees and verdant growth were six bunkers, each with a tall door. Even etched into stone, they seemed imposing and powerful.

As the last flake of ash fell away, the whole series of carvings suddenly lit up with a soft red light. No—not all the carvings. It was only the cuneiform letters, the ones that twisted their way through each etching, the ones that neither Cravious nor Whira could decipher. Each letter glowed dimly, revealing a vast shape hidden amongst all the engravings. It was a circle with four long lines emerging from it, two in each direction. Each set of lines wove through the carved scenes like tentacles, casting their light upon the engravings. The pictures suddenly seemed menacing. The dim red light turned previously serene expressions of the Toa into expressions of cruelty and malice. The ferocious grins of the Skakdi seemed like grimaces of pain and fear. And the six Matoran-like figures who offered up the six lights—their peaceful faces were now twisted in horrific agony, their mouths screaming silently.

The smell of blood and bile rose like a wind. The chattering laughter of the pit witches grew in volume, and the darkness seemed to grow deeper, resisting even Whira's attempts to keep the shadows under her control. It darkened until the carvings could no longer be seen. Only the red shape was still visible, etched into the stone like a bloody signature. Whira had never seen it before, but she recognized it instantly for what it was. Just like anyone will catch the smell of rotting flesh and know something is wrong, or instinctively spit at the taste of blood. The recognition came from somewhere beyond thought. Somewhere deeper than memory.

It was a Taboo.

OOC: Thanks for your patience @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~

• Like 3

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Central Plaza

Knichou jumped down, opting to use the jets of his adaptive armor instead of slowing down others by taking space on the rope ladder. When everyone who wanted to leave the ship was on the ground, Knichou turned to Triage, expecting the medic to lead the way since he was the one who brought it up and presumptively knew where to go.

• Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro

"Yes," Irna said, nodding slowly. "If what she was told is accurate, she comes from a people of problem-solvers. She was one of the Nynrah Ghosts, apparently -- like Knichou, and like the old bearers of the Krom Sphere."

Although, as the words came out of her mouth, the Zyglak regretted them. It did none of them any good to reflect on the dead -- not before embarking on an odyssey like this, and certainly not when Keitara's past seemed to be one of death and ... rebirth. But, all the same, she needed to see if Skorm could shed anymore light on the situation. He was more experienced with the old world than she had been. He might know more about the Ghosts, about Krom, or about....

"Skorm," she continued. "This creature that has attached itself to Kei, this Kraata.... It has something to do with the Makuta. I didn't think they were anything more than a folktale until a week ago. Can you shed any light on them?"

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata @Toru Nui

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Ostrox (The Coliseum, Presentation Room)

Ostrox did as Zaliyah requested… but then, his attention was grabbed by something else. The leaflets.

"'What to do… in an evacuation'. Hm..." The illusions briefly flickered before he regained concentration. He then removed the iStone from the projector and tried to turn it on to see what it had to say.

"If there’s a super-secret escape tunnel he could use, I’d like to know." This was just to make it clear why he was doing what he was doing, not . He didn’t need to justify his actions, not even to Zaliyah. "Would you like to take over, light show?" He asked Iradra.

@Eyru@Nato the Traveler@Onaku

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro, Irna's Hut)

"Pardon me, but I'm not familiar with the terminology you're using." Tekmo interjected. "'Krom Sphere'? 'Makuta'? What's all this about?"

@Conway@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro, The Taku, Cargo Bay)

"I... uh... I'm just gonna... maybe we can resume this later." Navu followed Knichou and Vulimai - or what was in Vulimai's driver seat - off the Taku. She had some questions for it...

@BULiK@Sparticus147@Nato the Traveler@Tarn

IC: Lawful (Tobduk-Koro)

"Your offer is flattering, but I am not programmed for a leadership position. Perhaps my Squad Mother would be more suited?"

@Harvali@Onaku

• Like 3

IC: Reliable Narrator | The Coliseum

The iStone lit up. It was the latest model, and the battery-saving sleep mode could keep it alive for weeks. It showed Ostrox the last item that its user had been looking at: a labelled map of the entire Coliseum. It detailed every room in the building, the placement of every fire extinguisher and emergency exit, and the location of the nearest supply of emergency evacuation equipment for every floor. It was very small, which is probably why its last user had been using the projector to display it. But if he tried, Ostrox could zoom in, and swipe left or right to change floors.

• If a fire is small enough to be non-threatening, you should attempt to extinguish it with the nearest fire extinguisher,

said one bullet point on the leaflet. It was accompanied by some pixelated clip art of a fire extinguisher with cartoon eyes and a smile. The next two bullet points said:

• If the emergency alarm sounds and you do not know the reason, you should immediately evacuate. If you are on the lower 20 floors, use the stairs. Do not use the elevators.
  • If you are higher than the 20th floor, locate the nearest supply of emergency evacuation equipment. 

One floor below, six Vahki exited the elevators in a carefully ordered mechanical stampede. Jaws full of disks, they entered the waiting room and loosed half a dozen blasts of energy at the illusory Ostrox. When these blasts passed through the illusion, two Vahki immediately moved towards the washrooms, from where the frightened cries of the second illusory Ostrox could be heard. Two of the other four fired their disks of weakening on Iradra's hardlight barrier, and began to break it off of their comrade with their staffs. The final two Vahki moved toward the  shattered window and looked out, searching for any signs of airborne prey.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler @Onaku

• Like 5

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro, Irna's Hut)

"The Krom Sphere... truth be told, I was salvaging the Ghosts' ship when you all retrieved the Sphere; I don't know too much about it, except that it apparently animated the dead. It might have been the start of this whole mess. The Aspects of Makuta, though..."

His kanohi furrowing in thought, Skorm pushed himself off the wall. "I don't think I would be of too much help explaining them. I though the Makuta were folk tales as well. Then again, I thought Mata Nui wasn't quite so... literal, either. Kei has a Kraata, yes; I've never seen them until I woke up here, attached to some of the local Skakdi raiders. They, and the Aspects that spawn them, are beings of elemental Shadow."

To demonstrate, Skorm held out his h and, creating a small, ephemeral orb of darkness, rolling it around in his palm. "Not necessarily evil, but any elemental being would not necessarily share the same worldview as us. The Kraata seems to be created by Aspects, linking an attached being to the siring Aspect's will. Now, Keitara may have gotten her slug after we all arrived in the same event that caused her to lose her memory, but..."

Crackles of dark energy pulsed through the orb as Skorm closed his fist. "Kei isn't the only Av-Toa around with a connection to elemental darkness and memory problems. I think the Aspects have been active in the world we knew for longer than the last week. It's why I'm going."

OOC: @Conway @Toru Nui

• Like 2

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Axxon, Tuakana | Nightmare Pits

The titan descended into the darkness. The shadows, like cobwebs, seemed to cling to him as he moved. They seemed almost malevolent; they were not ordinary shadows like those cast by the light of the sun. Those shadows, though dark, are still birthed by light. They exist in a delicate state of balance, dancing according to the movement of the light. 

No—these shadows were different, for they had never known the light of day. Sunlight never penetrated this ancient tunnel. Its stony walls had never tasted the sun's kiss. The shadows, perhaps natural darkness once upon a time, had grown malformed and twisted in its absence. They pooled in the hollows of the rock; they dripped from the ceiling like oil. They were nigh corporeal, and they caressed Axxon's armour like a lover might. Like dark, fleshless fingers, they draped themselves over his shoulders and curled around his arms. He ignored them and wrestled forward, ever moving deeper into the mountain. He felt Tuakana stir, then retreat deeper within his mind, until the Aspect's presence could hardly be felt at all.

He felt eyes upon him, though everywhere he looked he saw only bare stone, and a strange off-white mist that clung to the ground, hiding it from sight. This made walking difficult, and more than once he misjudged the distance or caught his foot on a hidden bump in the path and stepped down hard, jostling the amalgam he carried in his side. He winced in pain each time this happened, but, cursing under his breath, he kept moving. The tunnel made its way steadily downward. Sometimes there were rough-hewn steps to make the descent easier, but all too often the path simply sloped down into the darkness, and he had to place a hand on the wall to keep his balance. The stone was warm and slick under his touch, but he fought back his disgust and pressed on. The only way was forward.

The air grew hotter as Axxon descended, until it singed his armour and burned his optics. The stink of sulfur and burning oil surrounded him. Bones crunched beneath his feet, though he knew better than to look closely and see what kind they were. He kept his eyes up, looking ever deeper into the darkness, looking for whatever it was that was watching him. Every time he turned a corner or came to a landing after descending a flight of crude stairs, the feeling of being watched returned. He didn't know what was watching him, but he could guess. He knew it was ancient and hungry, a demon from beyond space and outside time. The horror waited for him at the end of this twisting corridor of bones, rotting in its own filth. He had sought to escape it, but it had drawn him back across millennia to walk into its jaws.

He was afraid, he realized. The fear had crept upon him unnoticed, beginning as unease and growing into a terror that threatened to bring him to his knees. He clenched his fists so tight, he thought his fingers might break. But one step after another, each footstep accompanied by the sound of breaking bones, he moved forward. Down, down, into the belly of the mountain. The tunnel twisted and turned like it was alive. Axxon felt himself going in circles, but was unable to stop the pattern. He was caught in the cycle, and there was no escape. He walked ever downward, but always seemed to find himself going up. Each descent seemed to turn into an ascent halfway, but he could never pinpoint exactly when this change occured. The path did not care about his logic. It moved as it would, and he could only follow, groping in the darkness.

The tunnel's contradictions led him through places that had once existed, as well as places that had yet to come into being. He walked through clouds of whispers, the voices of people he had once known. He felt memories on his skin like a soft rain; he tasted loss on his tongue like a bitter draught. The stairs led down. Sometimes he felt himself falling and his stomach leaped into his throat, but when he thrust out a hand to catch himself on the tunnel wall, he always found himself standing still with heart pounding and lungs heaving. Then he continued, stepping on bones, always descending into the shadows.

Memories whispered around him, begging him to turn to one side or another. Save us! Save us, they pleaded. Axxon found himself weeping, for there was no other path to walk. The stairs led down. The air grew hotter. The voices grew more desperate, but still he could not pacify them. He saw movement out of the corners of his eyes, but when he turned to look, there was nothing there. There was no way to help. He could only walk forward, ever descending into the realm of nightmares and fever dreams. He was lost. He could not protect them. His people were surely doomed.

The stairs led down. He walked for an eternity, or so it seemed. He walked through memories of his past, and memories of a past that might have been. His pace slowed. Each step seemed terribly heavy. How matter how deeply he drew breath, he felt suffocated. The tunnel had but one path, but it felt like he was wandering through labyrinth. Flickers of childhood nightmares danced at the edges of his vision, horrors he had long forgotten that now seemed all too real. Only his desperation kept him moving forward. He needed to find the Disks. He needed to save himself from death.

The stairs led down. Each step was accompanied by the crunch of old bones. Would his soon join them? He felt feverish. He was cold, yet when he raised a hand to his forehead, it was burning hot. The darkness seemed to grow deeper with every passing moment, yet there was always enough light by which to see his regrets. His follies. His deepest fears. The years he had wasted. The lies he had told. The monsters that had once lived under his bed. They had not vanished as he had grown older. They had simply come to live here, and waited for him to return.

The stairs led down. The ghostly outline of a Toa stood in the middle of the path. Its pearly white armour illuminated itself in the darkness. As Axxon approached, the Toa turned to look at him with haunting eyes. The titan gasped in recognition and horror. It was Dume. The Toa reached out a hand as if asking for help, his eyes growing wider, his mouth opening in a scream that Axxon could not hear. He could only watch as Dume's face twisted in silent agony. The Toa began to dissolve into mist, and his hand still reached out for the titan to take, the fingers rigid with pain, the muscles spasming—

"Enough," Axxon whispered, suddenly lucid. Fueled by his hatred of this foul place, he activated his Rode. The mask of truth extinguished Dume like a candle. It burned away the phantasms and silenced the whispers. It dispersed the mists like a wind and blew the nightmares into nothingness, until all that remained was the bare rock of the tunnel. It was barely lit by a red glow that came from somewhere just ahead.

He began to walk again. Each step was slow, yet purposeful. He felt the weight of his axe on his back, and the pain of the amalgam in his side. His eyes were heavy with weariness, but he could not rest. Not until he returned to the place he had been torn from and remedied what had been broken. He had cut through the illusions, but still felt like something was watching him. The demon of the volcano was no phantom. It waited for him in the darkness, stinking and vile. 

The red glow grew a little brighter as he finished his descent. He had not thought it possible, but the air grew even hotter. Each breath burned his lungs. But it was almost over. His journey was near its end.

• Like 5