Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Triage - The Taku to Metru-Koro

The medic pointed Knichou to where Exuze and Suhaku had been left after he treated them during the battle, an abandoned hut close by to the Taku's spot in the central plaza. Plans had been to take them to the village's hospital for extended treatment, but the sudden appearance of the Mesi had complicated this and the injured crewmembers had been moved on short notice overnight as Nale slept. As they approached it became clear that, despite their physical wounds being healed, the wounded were still dealing with the trauma that couldn't be fixed with a Kanohi.

"I did all I...no, that's never true when doctors say that. I did the best that I could, especially under the conditions we were in. Exuze...his arm..."

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku to Metru-Koro

"Interesting...taking turns to control a body. Sounds like it'd be tiring," Nale said. As everyone moved on to check the wounded, she followed, leaping down from the bridge without even thinking of using the ladder. As they walked she stuck close to Knichou, acting as if she was a sentry and the inside of his airship had hidden assassins waiting to drop down and take the Mask of Creation. It was odd seeing him wear it.

They exited the airship and found the pair, and upon seeing the state Exuze and Suhaku had been left in after the battle, Nale let out a small gasp. The Fa-Toa wished that Triage had told her of just how bad it was, especially during her brief tenure as captain. She could have at least checked on them...

@BULiK@Sparticus147@Nato the Traveler

IC: Jutori - Ruins of Stone to Tobduk-Koro

"Right, sure," Jutori said, before following the Kralhi into the village proper.

@Onaku@pokemonlover360

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Kilo-M9 - Tobduk Koro:

Beginning probable earth ruin location calculations...

Retrieving Spear of Fusion experiment materials...

Loading constructive confrontation protocols...

For several minutes the two protectors walked in silence. Entering the main village area together they began to pass the citizens hard at work. Many of the matoran inhabitants averted their gaze or bristled in fear at the passing automaton. For many years they had toiled away under the watchful police state guarded by the vahki. Such a fear of machines could not be erased by a single night of heroism. Others were more recent visitors to Metru Nui before the calamity; they merely ignored the passing machine, knowing not what to make of the strange quadruped. Everyone they passed brightened their expression at seeing the toa passing by. The machine did not mind such treatment. For a being that had lived in the shadows to avoid certain destruction, this was a marked improvement.

A few more moments passed before the pair entered an empty side street. Jutori would be able to recognize that they were heading towards the newly reconstructed forge. It was in this side street that his scorpion-like companion rotated its head a full 360 degrees to check for witnesses before it finally spoke.

Ally Arkius appears to have developed a racist mindset,” the machine began with no hesitation. “In addition, a major personality shift has been observed. This unit has concerns. Ally Jutori, do you agree with this assessment?"

OOC: @Tarn

• Like 4

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Jutori - Tobduk-Koro

"Of course I do," the Ba-Toa replied as he walked along with Kilo. He thought back to his discomfort in the ruins. "The way he talked to Collector...I didn't know Arkius very well before the NUVA business, but I'm certain this is new behavior." Jutori seemed to check around if anyone was listening, as if they'd tell on him to Toa Arkius, before continuing. "I don't like it, Kilo. Not at all. I'm not sure I wanna work with the guy, let alone follow him anywhere."

@pokemonlover360

• Like 4

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Whisper/Vulimai (Metru-Koro, The Taku)

Vulimai felt a sudden lurch in her mental stomach as Whisper claimed control of her body and attempted to become acclimated to her form. It...was an incredibly weird feeling, still disorienting and a tad sickening, but, Vulimai slowly grew used to the feeling of not having control of her body as Whisper slowly grew used to having control of Vulimai's body in turn. 

Watching and feeling Whisper stumble along within her body, it was unbecoming for Vulimai to be seen like so, but nothing could've been done, as even Vulimai couldn't figure out what sort of words of advice Vulimai could offer on something so natural as walking. As Whisper reached the ladder, Vulimai could read the vocal thoughts of Whisper as she tried to ready herself for the challenge of climbing a ladder. Offer mental words of encouragement of her own, Vulimai found herself feeling amusement as Whisper worked down the ladder. 

As Whisper reached the bottom of the ladder, they let out a sort cry, though it came out in Vulimai's voice and in a tone uncommon for her. Hearing her own voice in this manner was something that Vulimai was going to have to get used to.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Abandoned Hut

The Toa of iron followed the medic into the poorly lit dwelling, where his wounded crew sulked. First Taja, now Exuze and Suhaku? Knichou's fist clenched at the thought of how much of the newly formed crew had been hurt by his negligence. The ex-Ghost could only be in one place at a time, and the realities of the consequences of his commands never ceased to depress him.

Suhaku was lying on her stomach, but lifted her torso up to turn towards those entering. Most of the shrapnel had been removed but the armor on her back was still caked with her blood and it was clear there was still pain. Exuze sat on the floor, leaning against the wall, watching the entrance to the hut with a thousand-bio stare. Knichou wasn't sure what to say.

"Cap'n," the Ta-Lesterin eventually muttered, piecing together Knichou's altered appearance. "Tookyah long enough ta show."

"Exuze... I'm so sorry - I had no idea that -"

"Ya had quite the idea when ya sent us straight into Karzahni with no way to defend ourselves," The Lesterin snapped, raising his only hand to point an accusatory finger at the Toa or iron. Knichou didn't know what to say, and Exuze took the opportunity to continue. "What the Karz didgya think was gonna happen? What the Karz did you think we signed on for? Nunuvus are soldiers, there wasn't a thing we could do in that battle for us to do but get shot at, and you went full steam ahead anyways."

The Lesterin made an exhasperated gesture as he continued his rant, with Knichou continuing to watch, speechless.

"Now you're sitting pretty with a fancy new kanohi meanwhile, I'll never find work again!"

"I-I'm sure there's a place on the Tak-"

"Ta Karz with that ship, it's cursed for all I know. Can't have one trip that doesn't end with somebody gettin' hurt. I thought we'd be safer up in the air, not riding on tha magnet for every local warlord's cannons! Why dooya think I'd ever set foot in it again - I can hardly even climb tha ladders to get around!"

Only now did Suhaku pipe up. "I'd just slow you down now. I... I'm not ready to fly again," the turaga added.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC Kilo-M9 - Tobduk Koro:

This unit is not programmed to feel surprise. Even if surprise was an available function, this unit would not be feeling it,” the machine responded. Gears in its cranial unit began to whir faster as it began processing more information than normal.

While Ally Jutori and other allies were returning great discs to Turaga Dume, this unit encountered Allies Nale and Arkius defending Onu-metru from the Barraki invasion. During that fight, Ally Arkius displayed violent tendencies outside of previously established behavioral patterns. This unit and Ally Nale were required to restrain Ally Arkius from engaging in self-destructive rampaging murder.

After the impact, Ally Arkius showed signs of improving. Post-NUVA regression seems to have occurred. With current state of Tobduk-koro Ally Arkius may be suggested for leadership position; This unit has overheard conversations among village citizens about that topic. If that situation occurs, racist policies may be enacted. Probability of increased tensions is high.”

The pair were close to the forge now. “Ally Arkius may be currently unreliable. Regardless, earth ruins are likely to be underground. Earth elemental powers will improve likelihood of finding ruins. In addition, this unit currently possesses great discs. If this unit does not go with, Ally Arkius will pursue. Dealing with potential conflicts will likely wait until after earth ruins are discovered.”

Upon reaching the shop the former law enforcer turned to gaze directly at its toa friend. “This unit must remove Onu-metru great disc and incentive to create it as soon as possible. You are a trustworthy ally, Ally Jutori. Can this unit will count on your assistance to complete this task without issue?”

OOC: @Tarn

• Like 6

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Whisper/Vulimai - Metru-Koro

Having succeeded in the momentous task of reaching the ground, Whisper set about stumbling towards Vulimai's hut. The sand sunk and shifted underfoot, and she almost fell a few times as she walked. The hardest part for her was staying focused, fighting the urge to look at and listen to every person or thing she passed. 

There was much more to the world than what Whisper had once known. Sights and sounds and smells and so many other things beyond her capacity to describe or quantify. And they all took it for granted, walking through life without truly living. 

One day wasn't enough.

One lifetime wasn't enough.

She wanted forever, and once her Grand Wish was achieved, she and the rest of Aspect-kind would never need to fear oblivion ever again.

Onwards she continued through the village, until at last she reached Vulimai's hut, and returned control of her body again.

@Sparticus147

• Like 3

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Jutori - Tobduk-Koro

Jutori looked to the forge, then back to his clockwork friend. Trustworthy. They'd come a long way from their old lives, from the Ba-Toa trying to bribe his way past Atamai because he thought no one would be kind enough to work together on the hunt for the disks--kind enough to work with him. To help. And a long way from finding this interesting robot in the dark of the Archives, and the path of what became the "Odd Company" of Metru Nui being changed forever. "Yes, you can," he said to Kilo. "Whenever you need me...I'll gladly lend a hand, no matter what. That's what fr...allies are for."

The Toa of Gravity cracked a small smile. "One last disk hunt, then."

@pokemonlover360

IC: Triage - Metru-Koro (Abandoned Hut)

"It's like I said," the medic spoke up from behind Knichou, quiet enough to not disturb the patients. "I did the best I could. But I'm a field medic, Knichou. Not a miracle worker."

@BULiK

• Like 4

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Administrator | Ruins of Ice

“You have both been silent for some time. Is he dead?” The Administrator asked Ultann. “I have just seen this performed in another temple. The one with side effects did not die in that exposure. Is exposure potentially fatal? If so, I will provide an update to the Legal department -- oh wait, I am the legal department.”

OOC: @The Captain, @EmperorWhenua

• Like 4

Happy chat.

IC: Zaliyah - The Coliseum

With the illusion now in place, Zaliyah took cover behind it, peeking around the cover to keep an eye on the position of the elevator. 

• Like 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Abandoned Hut

The Toa of iron turned around to meet eyes with Triage. "No... yes... given the circumstances, you did the best you could, and nobody died. Thank you."

That was a statement Exuze could agree to. The Lesterin gave a curt nod of thanks. "Yea, you're why I'm still here. If that mask could grow limbs back I'm sure ya would've found a way, given how well you helped those Po-Koronans. Ya made sure to not let the situation get worse, 'ts all ya could do."

• Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Whisper/Vulimai (Metru-Koro, Vulimai's Hut)

The trip from the Taku to her hut was relatively uneventful, as Vulimai simply watched as Whisper continued to get used to her body. In addition to watching, Vulimai had to at more than one occasion refocus Whisper's attention whenever they got a little too distracted by the sights and sounds of Metru-Koro. At last arriving at her hut, Vulimai felt herself be thrown back into control as Whisper retreated into the recesses of her mind. Taking a stumbling step forwards, Vulimai took this sudden shift a lot better than she last did. Adjusting her stance, Vulimai entered her hut.

Entering the hut, Whisper would see a rather bare room, with nothing really present within besides a small Matoran-sized cot, a desk, and a chair. Approaching the desk, Vulimai reached down and pulled out upon a drawer and retrieved an old, battered, beaten, and worn journal. Gingerly placing the journal onto the desk, Whisper would sense a nostalgic heaviness within Vulimai's heartlight as she stared at the cover of it, the binding leather of the cover having loss its color long ago.

Reaching her hand, Vulimai briefly hesitated, till at last turning over the cover. The first few pages were a mixture of writings and drawings, and though Vulimai flipped too quickly for Whisper to get a good read on any of the pages, many of drawings were of rude gestures or the destruction of some odd-looking being that Whisper didn't recognize, most of them loosing they're head. But as Vulimai flipped through, one page settled long enough for Whisper to read it.

KARZING VAHKI!!! Can't believe those bolt heads managed to nab me.
Naw, they didn't nab me legit though. Would've 100% gotten away if that idiot didn't nearly hit me, I mean seriously!!! Did he not see me???
Well, it's whatever now. Glad I was able to smuggle this in here, don't know what I would do without it.
Been trying to listen in on the gearheads, but its kinda hard with their obnoxious buzzing. Think they're going to send me to a rehabilitation camp, pffft, as if.
I swear, if they are sending me, they're going to be sending a corpse.

Flipping through more of the pages, more of the same sort of drawings and writings were seen, though less rude gestures and destruction of the odd-beings from before were noted, as well as the date for the logs growing more and more sparse. Once more, Vulimai settled on another page long enough for Whisper to read it.

I would literally rather be in Karzhani than here. It's been only six months, but it feels like years since I last was in Metru-Nui.
Honestly, when I heard rehabilitation, I was imaging singing songs and learning the values of the three virtues, not drills and constant exercise.
I didn't even think there was any sort of military beyond the Vahki and Toa. Apparently I'm getting linked up with a unit tomorrow, already had to meet some of the losers.

There was some cross-wired Le-Matoran, couldn't even say two words without stuttering, and that Karzing Chute-Speak didn't help.
Some Onu-Matoran, didn't talk much, not much to say on him.
And then there was this BRAKAS OF A PO-MATORAN, that smarmy little, smiling, wise-cracking, Mahi-headed, loser kept looking at me and making all these stupid jokes.
Can't believe I'm going to have to work with them.

Vulimai laughed as she read the log page, old, vague memories of constant frustration and irritation bringing joy to the Vo-Matoran's heartlight. Continuing with the pages, Vulimai stopped at one last log, her heartlight dropping at what she knew was beyond the current page.

We're being deployed tomorrow. Some group from the south calling themselves the League of Six Kingdoms has ceded or something or other and are now declaring war.
I don't know the details really, but thankfully we're just working on fortification and evacuation, the rest being handled by Toa and some other group called the Order of Mata-Nui.
Juno, Twesh, Bronk, and I are being put into a squad alongside a Bo-Matoran named Verix apparently, he's going to be our acting sergeant.
I hope he isn't too hard on Twesh, honestly, poor thing couldn't stop 
fidgeting when he heard the news.
Mata-Nui help us if this war becomes more than just some border disputes.

With one slow, hesitant hand, Vulimai flipped the page, and on the next, was rows upon rows of names. Continuing to flip through the pages, Whisper saw the pages fly faster and faster as names continued to line the sheets of parchment, till whole portions were being skipped. Vulimai was nearly four-fifths the way through the journal till she at last stopped.

She was on a blank pair of pages with not a speck on it. Staring blankly at the page, Vulimai nearly couldn't compel herself to do it. But reaching over, she grab a spare writing utensil, set near the corner of the desk, as Vulimai shakily wrote a single word. Juno. Staring at the single word, Vulimai shuddered as she stared at it not being able to tear her eyes away from the name, a deep sorrow unlike anything Whisper could've understood filling Vulimai's mind, as tears dared to leave her optics. one of them falling onto the page itself. Wiping them off, Vulimai stood and quickly returned the journal to its spot in the desk drawer as she exited the hut, a determined expression upon Vulimai's face, but Whisper knew, from the insight of Vulimai's mind, that look of determination was merely a façade, a mask.

".........Whisper. Take me to where the western garrison once was, I can direct you there."

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 5

IC: Whisper/Vulimai - Metru-Koro

As she retook control, Whisper glanced at the journal on the desk, sorely tempted to try to read it further. Her understanding of written language was largely limited to the crude graffiti of the warskaks, and ancient Matoran scrawlings on temple walls, so the idea of someone filling an entire book with their records and recollections was intriguing to her.

She'd only picked out bits and pieces as Vulimai had skimmed through, and understood even less of it, but she had the impression she'd been privy to something deeply personal and important. Something, she sensed, that it would inappropriate for her to pry into. She felt something cold on her cheek, and reached up to find a lone tear that Vulimai hadn't wiped away. She stared at the lone, lingering droplet of emotion on her fingertip for a moment, curious beyond measure at the meaning behind it, before lowering her hand and heading out of the hut. 

With the occasional mental direction from Vulimai, she began making her way across the village towards where the garrison had previously stood. 

@Sparticus147

• Like 2

IC: Administrator | Elemental Ruins of Air

A long and patient pause occurred after Viltia spoke. The small beetle that continued to distract her fluttered out of the open doorway and back into the plane of existence she considered reality. Its purple wings danced in a ray of light Viltia now knew was false before passing through, and then it was gone.

“In polite conversation, you provide an opportunity for someone else to speak between your questions. I pity the soul who needs a notebook just to hold a conversation with you,” The Administrator chided, drawing Viltia’s attention back to the room. “I will overlook your rudeness, as I am an Administrator, not an Arbiter, and in one last kindness answer your many questions as I am able. Without the Builders to teach you, it is understandable you would lack basic manners. Although you also know this heretic, Apex. You are in a troubling social circle, Viltia. Vexing, even.” Changing topics, the Administrator continued;

“I can rearrange the rooms as you requested. Please wait a moment. Do not attempt to leave the room you are in until the rearrangement is complete. This may take several minutes. 

The sounds of rooms turning echoed into the central main chamber where Apex and Viltia stood. They could feel the ground beneath their feet shake, and ripples interlocked and broke against each other in the pool of water with the lotus flowers. Small clods of dirt fell to the floor, and thin roots poking through the ceiling stones danced in the quaking.

“My name is Administrator. It is not rude to call me by my function. Some prefer to call me Admin, and if it eases your living conscience you may do the same, but I have no other name to provide. Rearrangement complete, you may proceed at your own risk,” the Administrator said the last sentence in a chipper voice. It continued in its normal tonality;

“There is no way to access the hive of Nui Rama from inside the temple. An exterior approach is my only suggestion. Entering their nest will undoubtedly anger them.”

The three rooms beyond the entry chamber now formed a long corridor. One wall was from floor to ceiling in the marks of aspects. It intricately detailed a dark taboo rite, the same Apex learned before with Whisper the aspect, Taja the void touched, and Apex’s friend Morangad the druid. One end of the hallway was a wall of stars, their intricate cosmology floating slowly in a remembrance of the very cosmos displayed within the Ark. The other end led to a short series of steps and a hexagonal room full of the dead, and a mysterious device that could hold a kanoka disk. 

“You bear the mark of Mata Nui,” the Administrator said after letting Viltia and Apex move throughout the halls for a time. "You are the first I have seen to bear it. That is why I was confused. A strange repentant, Mata Nui. The strangest, perhaps. Your bearing his mark would be a terrible apostasy, if not for the codices of Dume.”

On the far wall of the hexagonal chamber a single word had been carved into its surface. It read NUVA, in all capital letters. Viltia and Apex could read it clearly from artificial starlight in the ceiling of the chamber, even though dried blood -- very old, very crusted --  covered most of the letters, and the blood sat thick in the grooves of the letters on the wall. The skakdi who died in the chamber all looked to have been slain by someone else, someone who left them all in their destructive wake. 

“If you perform a favor for me in kind, I can teach you how to merge the powers of kanohi into newer, more powerful forms through the suvas of each region. The powers of the heretics have long been stored within the temples I operate. They are hidden from their own kind here, tucked away by those who recorded them to safeguard against those who would be too weak and tempted to use them inappropriately. However, in the past week I have seen many find these taboo rites, learn them, and take these dark magics into the world where I am powerless. The dark aspect beside you, Apex, is one such being who has drunk from the tainted well of restricted knowledge. I would like to learn more about the enemy. You, Viltia, stand on the border between light and dark. Teach me how to wield taboo rites and I will teach you what you seek. I would extend this offer to you as well, heretic.

“Now I have said a great many things to answer your queries. Please consider your next words carefully, for I will no longer provide this amount of data collation. Before all else, I ask: do you accept the terms of my offer? Your compliance is appreciated.”

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @Sparticus147

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ash Barrens

Ollem and Mahrika relaxed for a moment at the crest of the hill. The Ash barrens stretched before them, petrified trees covered in falling ash from Irnakk’s Tooth covering the journey ahead. Mahrika knew the legends of the Ash Barrens: the legends of the bells and the wayward laughter leading travelers to their doom.

From where they stood, they could see two parallel rivers of lava cutting through the northern edge of the Ash Barrens. A small island of cooled lava rock sat between them, and a small temple -- a single round building made of stone -- waited in that barren place.

OOC: @Harvali, @Burnmad, you're welcome to start this puzzle now, or explore something along the way instead and attempt it at the beginning of the next game on the 1st. Your call.

IC: Kas | The Great Telescope

Kas watched Mahrika and Ollem walk across the overgrown bridge back to the mainland. He noticed how Mahrika always shifted uncomfortably before speaking. If he knew better he’d understand the pain she was going through -- but he didn’t, and he could’t. In the end, Kas didn’t have empathy for either of the two matoran who saved him. He cared only about profits, like he always did, and he’d continue to climb the chaotic ladder that was finance at everyone else’s expense. He intended to reward them in time as an act of charity. What was charity, after all, but a way to make the rich look good in the eyes of the poor? 

Eventually the two matoran faded from sight, passing under the canopy of the overhanging jungle trees and palms. A few birds flew into the air from the treetops, passing overhead of the Great Telescope and Kas as he sat cross legged on the mossy stones. He played with a few loose pieces of gravel, forming little towers and then knocking them down with a well flicked pebble from a short distance away. It seemed childish, it was childish, but it felt wonderful to watch something built crumble under his hand.

Definitely less than an hour later but Kas would insist more in the retelling, he grew hungry and climbed the small cliffside down towards the thin strip of rocky beach surrounding the little island of the Great Telescope. 

“A crab maybe,” Kas muttered to himself as he searched for a long stick with a pointy end among the water-soaked and barnacle-encrusted rocks. He found a stick, or rather some sort of galvanized protodermis piping. When he pulled it was stuck to something under the rocks. He growled in frustration and pulled again, putting his back into the process. Eventually, he gave up and began throwing the rocks covering the pipe into the sea one by one. The more rocks he threw, the more of something large and metal he saw underneath, until at last he stopped to give a low whistle as the realization hit him: there was a crashed vehicle buried in the rock, and what he thought was a simple piece of pipe was actually part of the twisted external frame. He dug deeper, throwing rocks with all his might. Kas made a game of it, counting them as he went by tens, and imagining them being widgets in the bank. His bank.

By Mata Nui what he’d give to have a stock market again.

“A bike,” Kas said when he’d at last revealed enough of the vehicle to make out its purpose. It was a sort of hoverbike, covered in seaweed and muddy sand. Two curving kickstands were bent out in a landing pose. There was a bit of a third kickstand leg, but the component itself had washed away over time. The nose of the hoverbike at one point contained three separate storage compartments, but the curved lids were twisted and broken from the impact with the cliff. The front of the bike was still too far buried into the cliffside for Kas to pull it out himself, but the rotting leather seat looked built for a tall toa. 

“Waste of good parts,” Kas muttered to himself, and brought a hot blue flame to the tip of his index finger and began to cut away some of the metal. He extracted the long pipe he originally wanted, as well as a few decent sized spark plugs and fan belts that seemed salvageable.

“Whoever owned you must have been riding compromised,” Kas said to the hoverbike, sitting on its exposed internals to catch his breath. He slapped the hood a couple of times in appreciation. “I’d never crash something as nice as you. Then again, I’d never drive something like you. More of an airship pilot than a street racer. What happened to your pilot, I wonder?”

The broken hoverbike offered no answers to Kas’s question. After a short break, in truth only a few minutes but Kas would insist over an hour in the retelling, he stood up, took the salvaged parts and the pipe, and resumed hunting for crabs along the beach. 

Shadows stretched over Kas and the Great Telescope by the time he found and speared a crab big enough for a good meal. Pulling the pipe out of the crab’s skull, Kas looked up at the origin of the shadow. It made where he stood colder by its presence, but whatever it was didn’t look like a cloud. 

It didn’t look like Mi-Kiri either.

“What in...” Kas’s voice trailed off. He grabbed the dead crab, shoved it in a satchel he recovered on the walk down the beach from the Elemental Ruin of Water with Ollem and Mahrika, and climbed the cliffside back up to the Great Telescope. 

Salt and sand made the ancient telescope difficult to turn. The grubby lenses needed cleaning, but Kas could see just enough out of them to make a blurry guess as to what he saw. He pointed the telescope in the general direction of the shape overhead, but at first saw nothing. He swung the telescope left, then right, then back and forth in a zigzag until at last the dark shape came into view.

“Oh you’ve got to be kidding me,” Kas muttered to himself.

It was a massive floating fortress in the sky, and it was heading straight towards Mi-Kiri.

IC: Takadox | Underground (beneath the Ash Barrens, or wherever Marrow led)

He held a little more respect for Marrow. Less respect for the bohrok that conspired against him, but all things in the end evened out in Takadox’s mind. He went silent for a little while longer during their trek underground, allowing himself to just listen and experience.

How lucky he was to notice a small little pair of lights in a crack in the wall! They looked small and cute.

“Well aren’t you small and cute,” Takadox said as he got close to the thin crack in the wall, trying to get a better view of what might be a baby archive mole. “Hey everyone, look I found something small and adorable. Marrow, you got any idea what this little thing is?” 

Takadox turned around to look towards the mesi warrior as he asked, a fatal mistake. The tiny shimmering scales, the decoys, rippled out of sight to be replaced by a titanic open maw and dagger-sized teeth bursting through the packed dirt of the tunnel. Takadox shrieked as the rahi swallowed his arm in a flash of silver and single crushing bite. 

“It’s got my arm! It’s got my arm,” shouted Takadox, panic and shock taking over as he fumbled for a sword. Memories of the mesi ritual he almost fell victim to filled his mind, and his heartlight fluttered with ever-increasing speed. The rahi’s tongue snapped out from the hole in the wall, slamming into Takadox’s chest. He brought a sword down on it, carving halfway through, but the tongue was stuck and he felt himself being pulled away from the group and into the waiting maw of whatever massive rahi hunted parallel to the tunnels they traveled.

“Run! GO,” Takadox shouted at the others, and then the jaws snapped shut and he was gone. A moment later, the rahi gave a large, putrid belch. It was still very hungry, and there were many, many tasty metal creatures to eat. 

It continued its feast.

OOC: run or fight, your call @Kal the Guardian, @Nato the Traveler, @Sparticus147, @Burnmad, and I think I'm forgetting one more person?

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 4

Happy chat.

IC: Apex (The Grand Temple Ruins)

Apex ignored the conversation between the Administrator and Viltia, as she really didn't care to hear what the Administrator had to say...But when Viltia asked if the rooms could be rearranged, Apex instantly knew what was going to occur and found the nearest corner to wedge herself in as to not be thrown around. But she was left surprised when nothing so drastic as to answer Apex' response occurred. 

Dislodging herself, Apex went to scour the nearest shifted room for some secret passage into the Nui-Rama hive, when her ears pricked up at the Administrator's words.

“There is no way to access the hive of Nui Rama from inside the temple. An exterior approach is my only suggestion. Entering their nest will undoubtedly anger them.”

That caught Apex' attention, but what the Administrator said after caught her interest. The Administrator's mention of Mata-Nui...That name was...Distantly familiar. Something concerning the Matoran of old, but what else, Apex didn't know. And as the Administrator continued to speak to Viltia, Apex' interest turned towards concern. They wanted to learn the rite of Taboos, that couldn't be good.

Positioning herself in front of Apex, her gaze to somewhere within the ceiling, Apex spoke out, as if she had a right to speak for Viltia. "Your offer is to be met with refusal. You are a being as unnatural as I, and one with a motive as inscrutable as your form. Now, silence yourself, for your words are neither wanted nor cared for," With that said, Apex turned her attention towards Viltia, "Viltia, Toa of the Green, you said that you wished to retrieve something from the Nui-Rama hive for you believe it is a danger. I too seek the hive and its occupants, come with me and I shall assist you in your retrieval if you assist me as well."

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Kal the Guardian

IC: Zak-Yak (The Underground)

Following along, Zak-Yak was lightly petting a rather prickly spider that had crawled its way up his shoulder, when lashing out came the maw of...Something? Zak-Yak was helpless, as it watched Takadox become consumed whole by the thing, and upon instinct, Zak-Yak retreated away into his ghostly state, the insects that covered him falling to ground, as Marrow, Providence, and Hahvok were left as the only substantial things within the tunnel.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Burnmad @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Whisper/Vulimai (Metru-Koro, the Western Garrison)

As Whisper took control and began to travel, Vulimai rescind herself to being a passive observer as she focused on her thoughts and memories, of her time before the war, during it, and now after. Vulimai's attention was so withdrawn that more than once did Whisper have to directly ask Vulimai where they were going. But eventually, the two-in-one made it to the shattered remains, any semblance of the structure that once was having been utterly destroyed. Outside the ruins, were Matoran of the Guard, going back and forth from the ruins pulling out whatever supplies, weapons, and armor that survived unscathed within the armory below, and overseeing it all, was the familiar figure Bronk.

"Whisper, I  have business I need to attend too here, you understand the drill by now."

• Like 2

IC: Providence - Mesi Tunnels

The young Aspect's face contorted into an expression of genuine horror as, in a flash, 'Tall Blue' was snatched into the slavering fangs of a lurking grue. "Oh, jeez!" He cried out, panicking. He hoped the creature wasn't inclined towards thorough chewing of its food, and his new friend was still savable.

It was apparent to him, however, that retrieving him would require the performance of a surgical procedure with a 0% survival rate, known colloquially as 'disembowelment'. That struck him as unfortunate, but he was cognizant of the mortal tradition of valuing humanoid lives over those of more bestial creatures. In any case, he personally valued Takadox's continued existence far more highly than that of the strange creature that had just eaten him.

With that in mind, Providence adopted a battle-ready stance, raising an arm as shadows swirled and coalesced around it, creating a wicked, razor-sharp blade of darkness on his wrist. "Give him back!" He shouted, swinging his arm at the being, whilst wishing that his Aspect power had been rahi control.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Nato the Traveler @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Burnmad
  • Like 3

IC: Whisper - Western Garrison

Of course, she replied, rescinding control back to Vulimai.

@Sparticus147

IC: Marrow - Underground

Marrow had come to understand long ago that there was nothing small in the tunnels that could also be considered cute or adorable... at least not to anybody with a modicum of common sense. Though he lacked the ability to see what happened next, the sliding of heavy scales, snapping of jagged jaws, and crunching of an arm being ripped from its torso filled in the visual blanks. 

He cursed under his breath as the Aspect brought its powers to bear, lashing out at the massive monster. 

"Fool!" He snarled, backing up a few steps. "Your companion is gone. We need to run!" 

@Burnmad @Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

IC: Reliable Narrator | Nightmare Pits

Whira pressed her hand to the glowing symbol. The very air seemed to hum with a dark energy, and knowledge suddenly poured into her mind like a torrent of ice-cold water, flooding every particle of her antidermis. She staggered under the onslaught, retreating deep within her armor as she struggled to comprehend the vast blasphemy of the Taboo. It filled her mind with words, and each word was accompanied by knowledge. The rite wove itself into her memories, encoding it into her very being:

Goodbye

Heartlight

Torn yolk's last rite

Wish we may survive the night

Body broken, eyes bright

Hello

Flashes of memories danced before her eyes—memories that did not belong to her. She saw chanting Matoran. She saw fires blazing. She saw knives flashing in the dim light, and blood spilling over stones. The Taboo burned its mark into her armor. The forbidden knowledge was hers, etched permanently into her physical form.

Cravious watched as the Aspect seemed to freeze in place. Then, from the fair end of the chamber, he heard the sound of movement. If he turned to look, he would see a titanic figure with a strange mask and tormented eyes limp into the chamber under the weight of a mighty axe. The being stopped and watched the unfolding scene carefully. The Taboo was fading quickly from the wall, but he recognized it before its light fully disappeared. His expression did not change; it was like his face was carved from stone.

"So," Axxon said. "You have discovered the truth."

OOC: @~Xemnas~,  @Kal the Guardian. Xemnas, keep your eyes open for a PM.

• Like 3

IC: Arkius - Todbuk-Koro

"I am aware of what sparring is, aspect, you need not excuse yourself. Nor am I offended by a little violence." With those words spoken, he turned to Kat.

"Speaking of which, I do hate to break up a good sparring match, but I have an offer for you, sister. As you can see, our venture into the Temple has bestowed a great boon unto me. I am, in a word, reborn. Stronger. More powerful than before. Truthfully, my potential has been unlocked, and I believe from among the people in this village, you are deserving of that boon as well." He stretched out a beckoning hand, giving Kat a friendly smile. 

"I would invite you to earn power far beyond that which you now possess, power which through you will secure the future of our people. It will no doubt be a difficult journey, challenging not only your strength and power but your mind, your wisdom, and courage. Will you step up to this challenge?"

@The UltimoScorp@Toru Nui

• Like 4

OOC: as a general content warning, there are some body horror, able-ism, and medical trauma related subtexts whenever Ehlek is posted due to both his in-game past and his current goals. 

IC: Ehlek | Mi-Kiri, the Aqua Sphere

He stood in a field of the softest grass and the most colorful flowers he’d ever seen. Channels of water surrounded him. When he looked down into the water, Ehlek saw a whole city beneath the surface. Schools of unidentifiable fish were the only living creatures moving through the submerged buildings. Water plants like bull kelp swayed in a slow and steady rhythm together.

“This is beautiful,” Ehlek proclaimed. He wanted to run into the water and swim like he did so long ago. He wanted to feel the water running through gills, pulling the essential bits of life into himself. Breathing air just wasn’t the same, and he would always long for the past.

No, that wasn't true. Soon enough his mutagenics department would produce verifiable results worth administering. Once a cure was administered he would travel freely in air or water without the need for a rebreather. The adverse reactions to the mutagenic cure in clinical trials were an unfortunate necessity. It was for the good of all, really. Drowning and asphyxiation were dangerous. The ability to breathe in water and air could only be a benefit for his subjects. At least, he remembered happily, until the physical form could be removed entirely from the equation. No physical form, no physical problems. Takadox would call it anti-aging in one single step. Ehlek snarled at the thought of Takadox and stomped a colorful flower into the dirt.

“Your Excellency, are you displeased?” An aged voice asked the Barraki. Two turaga walked beside Ehlek. One shuffled in manacles, the other moved freely. One wore red, the other wore green. Both wore element inhibiting collars, a new modification of Nuparu’s earlier nullifier technology. Ehlek looked forward to seeing a vahki deploy such a restraint in a live operation.

“Your Excellency?”

Ehlek took in a deep breath of air. Air! He felt his borrowed lungs expand within the metal cavity of his chest. He did not want these lungs.

“I am fine,” Ehlek replied after another deep breath. “Who said you could speak?”

“No one,” said the red one.

“I asked who said you could speak?”

No one spoke.

“You may speak,” said Ehlek.

“Nobody asked,” said the green one, giving the other a smug smile behind Ehlek’s back.

“That’s correct,” Ehlek agreed, not bothering to turn around. “Now be quiet unless asked to speak, the only intelligent one here is thinking. You are both at the end of your life cycle, matoran. Consider it a gift from your Barraki that I do not place your many years of memory into a knowledge crystal and kick it off the side of this place to corrode in the sea. You still have a place in my new kingdom.”

No one spoke. 

For a few minutes Ehlek enjoyed the peaceful feeling of the wind on his face and the smell of the ocean far below. While he did not like breathing air, he allowed himself the mundane pleasure of feeling it. He looked back towards the glass dome surrounding the entire floating sphere. An illusion worked across the entire interior of the dome, allowing for a perfect representation of the outside world. He imagined it was some sort of mahiki-powered device, but the actual processing power needed for the constant calculations and refreshing of the displayed illusion would be staggering. He liked the idea of having whatever could do that under his command. His floating fortress with the Le-Metru vahki hive at its core waited just beyond the glass of the dome, and the boarding ramp behind him extended across the gap like a long unfurled tongue. The sound of vahki scuttling on all fours across the boarding ramp broke the silence.

There were six of them, and they were all the same: modified nullifier models with greenish grey armor and golden etching. Each vahki was spray-painted with their appropriate designation on the top of their head near a serial number, and the kanohi dangling around their necks were equally marked. They all stopped silently a few yards from Ehlek and waited.

“You may speak,” Ehlek said, turning to look over them. The two turaga at his side immediately fell to their hands and knees in supplication. 

“This unit has completed the dxdiag on the requested system. This unit has also run a preliminary tracert. Permission to proceed with further event log capture and data interpretation requested,” reported the vahki labeled EV-001.

Ehlek waved his hand in acquiescence. EV-001 converted itself to bipedal mode and approached. It lowered its head and Ehlek placed one of his mechanical hands over the barcode on EV-001’s head. Everything communicated in perfect, beautiful wavelengths. The vahki’s eyes went dark and its body collapsed.

“Take this away,” Ehlek said wearily. “You are dismissed. Run the event logs and notify me if there is anything I can actually use.”

The five vahki picked their sixth self up as one, and began the trek back up the boarding ramp. 

“Oh please, stop groveling, it’s unsightly,” Ehlek said as he turned around and found the two turaga still mask-first in the flowers and grass. They rose again, hands clutching their canes for support.

Ehlek considered why they needed canes. It didn’t make sense. They were both in perfect physical health for their metamorphic stage. It was not an ambulatory aid, and fashion was an unnecessary excuse. The canes were tools then, Ehlek realized. 

“Why do you carry your canes with you when you walk without issue? You may speak,” Ehlek questioned.

“You Excellency, it is because we are old and sometimes we need the solid support of a cane,” Lhikan said calmly, although a fire danced in his eyes. 

“He speaks the truth, for once,” Nidhiki confirmed and nodded. He leaned on his cane for emphasis. “We’re very old, maybe even older than you are, no offense.”

Ehlek clucked his tongue and shook his head. “You are both terrible liars. Your canes are tools, and you are waiting for the right moment to use them as a surrogate to circumvent the inhibitors. You want to kill me with your combined powers. I will have none of that. Give me your canes. Your barraki commands it.”

Nidhiki and Lhikan looked at each other in shock. They hadn’t planned to assassinate Ehlek together, but both on their own discovered the flaw of the inhibitor collars over the past few days of flying far above the terrible landscape of the island below. Now, before they could act on the information they hid, Ehlek figured out how their individual goals aligned before the two of them realized on their own.

“Your Excellency,” Lhikan said slowly, “would you deprive us of our support?”

“You will have your support in time. Live. Technical. Support. Now, hand me your canes.”

They handed Ehlek their sacred canes, the remaining history of their past as once-brothers. Ehlek accepted them, staring at them both with disgust for matoran sentiment, and then threw them into the waters near the grass where they sunk out of sight to whatever murky bottom existed in the submerged city.

“You will crawl if you cannot walk,” Ehlek said calmly. “I crawled once, and your leaders called it being lifted up, an ascension is what Axxon of the Order specifically said. Consider this your own little ascension."

• Like 4

Happy chat.

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Ruins Exterior:

The Toa of Fire blinked a few more times, and then rubbed her eyes for good measure, to get a clearer look at the newly Nuva-d Toa of Earth.

"Whoa, you aren't kidding, you got pretty big! And your Armor seems shinier! You sound kinda different, too..."

The offer was enticing. intoxicating, even. The chance to earn higher levels of strength was one she would never pass up, but before she made a decision.... well, she had to know for sure!

"Not that I don't believe you, Arkius, but I gotta admit, I'm pretty curious about your new powers," A sly grin slipped on her face, "Mind if I give you a little test run?"

@Onaku

• Like 3

Arkius grinned, before his grin faded and he sighed. "Normally I'd be more than happy to test my might against that of another, but I'm afraid we cannot afford to delay. As we speak, our enemies are gathering their strength to strike at us again. The sooner we secure the boon, the better."

@The UltimoScorp@Toru Nui

• Like 3

IC: Ulkarr, NU-8020S, Reckless, Obedient and Impressionable (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone Exterior)

'That last statement is not an order,' was that what it said? The implication that Kilo-M9 was ordering Arkius around and not Jutori out of bias amused NU-8020S. The prototype was not completely devoid of intelligence after all.

"Interesting. Where, exactly, are we going?" Ulkarr knew Arkius wouldn’t respond well to that… but that was the point.

@Onaku@The UltimoScorp

IC: Ostrox (The Coliseum, Presentation Room)

"Hmm…" Ostrox’s attention turned to the leaflets.

"Now there’s an idea. According to these, in the event of an unknown emergency, all occupants of the building are meant to immediately evacuate. The Vahki are likely programmed with this in mind. If we can trigger the alarm, perhaps we can get them off our backs... or even draw Aurax out into the open."

He searched to see if there was any sort of alarm button nearby indicated on the map.

@Eyru@Nato the Traveler@Onaku

IC: Tekmo (Metru-Koro, Irna’s Hut)

This Krom Sphere was responsible for the undead calamity that complicated the Silver Sea Campaign? But what Skorm was hypothesizing took priority.

"How would that be possible? How could such entities exist in our universe without our knowledge? That's ridiculous."

@Keeper of Kraata@Conway

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro, Western Garrison)

Navu had followed Vulimai's body to the western garrison, and tried to get the attention of whoever was in control.

"Uh… hi. You’re the, uh, Captain of the Guard, as it were, right? It might not be the best time for this, but I was wondering if Toa Knichou and Nale told you about this murder that happened in my hut."

@Sparticus147@Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

IC: Whisper/Vulimai (Metru-Koro, Western Garrison)

Retaking control, Vulimai was about to approach Bronk about the important matter concerning the production of airships, when a De-Matoran approached her. Vulimai vaguely recoginized them, as she saw them aboard the Taku before Whisper possessed her.

"Uh… hi. You’re the, uh, Captain of the Guard, as it were, right? It might not be the best time for this, but I was wondering if Toa Knichou and Nale told you about this murder that happened in my hut."

A murder?! Alarm went through Vulimai's mind, as she hadn't heard word concerning this murder and didn't know whether it had occurred the night prior or far more recently. Speaking in a soft quiet tone, though to most others would be too quiet for a normal conversation, Navu would most likely be able to pick up Vulimai's words with her enhanced hearing, "A murder? No, they have not and neither was I informed by the guards. When and with whom did this murder take place?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui

• Like 1

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini-Nui

Atamai and Sidra pushed themselves to the limit feeding the doors before them a combination of their abilities, the power flowing through their bodies, and then something took a hold of them and they went beyond their limits. They went from choosing to give their powers to being unable to stop. Atamai felt his very memories beginning to slip away, food for the door before him. Jutori, Kilo-M9, even Vashni they all began to vanish one by one until at last it was only him, the door, and the pain of the world. Sidra too felt her mind begin to muddle, and she did not find herself able to stop it. She was not sure even when it began. Memories swirled and left her like the rushing waters in a sink drain, more food for the door before her.

Eventually, they both passed out. Even the air they breathed became food for the doors before them. The doors continued their gluttonous feast, drawing everything from them.

Only then, when the doors had drained the two newfound heroes of everything, even their lives, did the doors open. They opened upwards and down, like the jaws of gargantuan beasts…

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @~Xemnas~, your characters have received a GM auto-hit. Do not delete or edit their profiles yet.

IC: Nektann, Tahtorak of Loss | Northern Wastes

Rose

Red

Velvet Petal

My Rose

Rose is

Someone else

A gift for someone else

A gift from someone

Gift 

From Viltia

To

Gift to…

An ear-splitting roar cut the air, its echo knocking snow off mountain peaks a day away. Rain poured, filling the space between dunes until they became streams and rivers. Violently, Nektann pounded his feet against the earth. He knew the answer. He knew it. He knew it!

Why did he not remember?

Why could he not remember?

His body moved through the storm, the downpour cleaning him and protecting him from the sun, but it did not protect him from below. This was contested land, not yet his land. The deserts belonged to someone. Who was she? He knew it. He knew it!

“SHAGRAK!” Nektann roared. The name carried on the wind, vibrated through the sands, and filled the world with Nektann’s challenge. 

The name was heard. The challenge accepted. The sands below began to shift.

Shagrak was coming.

• Like 3

Happy chat.

IC Stannis | Ft Nektann

The old man, communing solely with the stars above, suddenly darkened his face and looked back down to the earth. A storm was coming, brewing everywhere—outside the walls and within, beneath the ground and above it—and certain people needed knowledge in order to prepare. 

He slowly and methodically hoisted himself back to his feet and stretched his back with the help of his staff and then slowly walked away.

• Like 3

A soft tapping echoed from a brakas monkey breaking a fruit open against a dead toa’s chest. Atamai’s eyes flickered open, and the colorful rahi squawked and hopped away, its meal forgotten. He wasn’t dead after all, but he sure felt like it.

Atamai felt drained in a way he’d never been before, as if he’d been run over by one of the carts the archivists in Onu-Metru used for larger rahi transport. The cloak he’d wrought for himself from the metal fibers of the sands along the lake’s shore in the valley below was gone. He felt the slow trickling of water along the grooves of his armored back. Atamai knew immediately his powers were gone, perhaps forever, drained by the temptation of a giant unknown door. Was it even open? Was he even NUVA?

He held up a hand above his head, trying to focus his blurred vision. The color and shape of his armor suggested that yes, at least in image, he was still Atamai Nuva, blessed in the light of Tren Krom. He made a fist, as if to grasp the very sun in the sky, then let his hand fall back to his side. His legs were asleep, as was most of his body, but eventually he found the strength to push through the sensation of pins and needles to roll over onto his stomach and look towards the door that killed him...

Sidra coughed, golden liquid spilling from her throat across her chest. Her cough was picked up by mimicking jungle birds, who carried it away with them as they flew south. She rolled to one side, head pounding, feeling more drained and powerless than even her most strenuous training as a Dark Hunter. She didn’t feel the extrasensory perception of her psionics. She didn’t feel anything beyond the wracking pain that made her body twitch in the mud. If she marched without rest or sustenance for a week in a campaign of bullets and blood she still wouldn’t feel as drained. Eventually, she could hear the sound of something moving nearby. It sounded like flowing water. She could feel it half submerging her. Had she fallen in a stream after she died? The idea was ridiculous. She’d done so much to carve a place in the world for herself where she was an equal to others, worked so hard, only to be killed by a sealed door. She took a moment to try and think clearly and yes, she wasn’t crazy, it was the only logical explanation. It was stupid, and she hated it, but she knew life wasn’t fair. 

Then a thought began to grow in her mind. If she died, how was she alive? She groaned, partly from the exertion of trying to roll over and partly because she knew someday Viltia would want all the details. As she finally rolled over, she looked back towards the door that killed her…

Sidra and Atamai were both in streams of golden protodermis. They knew it was pure and energized, and the source of their return from death. It was strange to die twice in a day. They remembered the golden light of their transformation into NUVA, the moment they were reborn. This felt all the more a gift. Before it was an awakening, a boon. Now, it was a second chance. The energized protodermis flowed down the hillsides to the lake where the temple of Kini-Nui floated. Before them, the once sealed doorways were now open. The doors opened upwards and down, until they completely vanished into the floor and ceiling of a massive tunnel. The golden protodermis flowed from within. It flowed with the sounds of a soft trickling over the rocks in the dirt of the hillside. A soft white mist floated out from the tunnels as well, and inside each tunnel Sidra and Atamai both saw the dark silhouette of a large shape. The mist hid the form of whatever was inside, but it rose nearly two thirds the height of the doors. The silhouettes waited, unmoving, and the mist did not clear.

OOC: : @~Xemnas~, @Nato the Traveler, your characters are alive and have passed the challenge of the doors! They are unable to use any powers, breed quirks, or other special abilities at this time. In fact, they don’t even feel like they have those powers, breed quirks, or other special abilities. Their gear works, although it is water-logged. What do they do?

• Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Sidra - Kini Nui

Sidra was on the verge of tears as she sat up. 

Every time she felt like something was finally going right in her life, it all went to karz. She'd lived for centuries and managed to avoid so much as breaking a bone, and now she'd karzing died, twice. It was insane. It was obscene. What was the point?

She sloshed weakly through the stream of liquid gold towards the door that had killed her. One hand after another, dragging herself, pulling herself up onto all fours, and eventually rising unsteadily to her feet. She drew her sword as she approached, though it hung heavy in her hand and dragged in the mud. She wasn't sure if she'd have the strength to swing it, but if she was going to die again, it would be with a blade in her hand. 

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

IC Stannis | Ft Nektann

"My lord Barius!" the Wanderer cried out from an open space in the fortress complex. He called out for anyone who would hear, or who could hear, and shouted at the top of his lungs. "Drukarus! Parnassus! Barius!"

He knelt down briefly and touched the ground with the palm of his free hand. He could feel the tremors, distant as they were, as they mixed with the subtler rumble from flowing blood of the skies. Tectonics cracked and split like thunderclaps in his mind from places far more distant than eyes could see or ears hear, but he could feel them peel through the sand and stone beneath his feet. He remembered what his friend Kanohi had mentioned in the brief retelling of terrors around Po-Koro, when he mentioned reports of a great sand snake burrowing somewhere around the village as an anecdote of the torments plaguing the region. Stannis hadn't fully remembered the details of the great beast because his memory was so addled from new information over time and the inevitable entropy of age that befell his ailing body, but he now recalled the narrative in detail. 

Shagrak. That name held power he could fathom.

"I promised you knowledge! I will give it."

@Burnmad 

• Like 4

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Ruins Exterior:

Her face fell, and her shoulders slumped in disappointment, "Aww, man....." She whined, before straightening back up, "Well, I'd be happy to come with you, but i gotta make sure the guys here will be okay if I'm gone."

"Oh, and yeah, Ulkarr makes a good point, where are we going, anyway?"

@Onaku@Toru Nui

• Like 2

IC: Nale Vella and Triage - Metru-Koro (Abandoned Hut)

The medic nodded. "You're right, I...it could have been a lot worse." Triage then looked to Knichou, and lowered his voice to where the wounded couldn't hear. "What are we going to do, then? We're down two of our crew."

Nale was standing by the doorway, also looking to the Fe-Toa, and her expression indicated she was thinking the same question.

What are we going to do?

@BULiK

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Each strode into the mist of their own tunnel, taking cautious steps over the grooves in the floor where the doors of death waited. Their footsteps splashed in the golden energized protodermis, and they heard the splashing echo off the back of the tunnel perhaps another fifty yards or more. The sounds of vents releasing steam welcomed them. The air smelled of ozone. Atamai and Sidra -- Sidra brandishing her sword as best she could -- pushed forward into their own respective tunnels, moving into the mist towards the dark shape towering beyond.

At last, they got close enough to reveal what hid in the mists.

Two massive ACRs rested on their knees, coming into view as the mists dispersed from the tunnels. In their current position they were several toa tall, and Sidra and Atamai both imagined that once standing the ACRs would be as tall as the doors behind them, if not a little more. They were lanky bipeds in mechanical construction, with colorful armor and thick ceramic, glass, and protodermis plating that covered as much of the core structure as possible. The heads, for these ACRs had heads that looked like toa but for the six eyes across their brow, were without masks. Golden protodermis slowly dripped from their open mouths, revealing the source of the stream. Their hands were large, with strong armor around the exterior of the knuckles. Lines of glowing energy traced across the bodies of the ACRs, giving the machines the sense of being very much alive. A breath of hot air washing across them from the ACRs confirmed it: these were living machines. It was not the sound of air releasing from vents they'd earlier. It was the rhythmic breathing of these mechanical titans.

But they did not move. 

Atamai and Sidra noticed the ACRs were shackled to the ground by metal brackets around the ankle joints. The hands were also connected to the floor by the wrist joints.

Sidra and Atamai could see open cockpit hatches waiting for them, protruding out of the backs of the ACR like a nullifier core extending from the back of a vahki unit between the shoulder blades. There were seats for three, covered in supple, shock absorbing silicone.

OOC: @~Xemnas~, @Nato the Traveler

• Like 3

Happy chat.

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

For a few moments, Sidra just stared at the machine. More than anything, she felt... disappointed. All of her newfound power was gone, and what little she'd had before her transformation as well, just for some mech? A mech that, by the looks of things, she couldn't even use by herself? A mech that was... breathing?

You better be worth it, she thought to herself, sheathing her sword and crouching beside the hand. She brushed her own hands across the shackle ensnaring its wrist, searching for a clasp or keyhole that she could use to free it. 

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini-Nui, Bunker of ?

The shackles were welded, and the metal seemed thick enough that only through great force could it be broken. A toa of metal, maybe, could bend the shackles. She saw no keyhole or clasp, but as she looked her eyes kept involuntarily being drawn back to the cockpit high above, and to the face of the ACR that stared back at her unblinking.

How long had it been staring, and why did she feel a strange kinship with the machine?

@Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro

"Trust me, Tekmo," Irna said sternly. "There are more things in this world than the three of us could possibly dream of. And if you're right, Skorm, if we want to make our way to the home of the Aspects, it might not be a bad idea to try and find an ally in one of these beings. Was not Sorilax one of these Aspects?"

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata @Toru Nui

IC: Parnassus | Fort Nektann

In the distance, Parnassus could hear the shouts and cries of Caedast, but they did not turn their attention from Korruhn. They had been itching to take a blade to this Aspect since he had arrived at the fortress -- the smug, boasting face of their cousin had been a thorn in Parnassus' spirit for too long now, and now that Korruhn had broken the warskaks' sacred hospitality....

"Will-o-wisp!" Parnassus shouted down to Korruhn. "From cousin to cousin, I will advise you stand down."

OOC: @Burnmad @Sparticus147 @Crimson Jester @Unreliable Narrator @Nato the Traveler @EmperorWhenua

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

"Indeed, the safety of this village is my top priority." He said, nodding in agreement with Kat's words, before turning to Ulkarr. "Aspect, your company would perhaps not be unwelcome, but I dare not ask more than the minimum required for this journey. Four of us will be leaving for the Earthen equivalent of this Temple, and among that group will be me, Kilo, Jutori, and now... Kathrine. I would welcome more company if not for the disastrous potential of leaving these people unguarded as has too often happened before. I entrust the task of guarding this village to those left behind. I entrust it... to you."

@Toru Nui@The UltimoScorp

• Like 2

IC: Corrivalis - Fort Nektann Garage

He glanced from Korruhn, to Barius, and back to Parnassus. The mimic wasn't the sharpest blade in the armoury, but it was clear to him that something big was going on, something he clearly didn't understand. "What in Irnakk's name is going on?" He demanded, addressing no one in particular "Why is Grime of all people suddenly so important?"

@Conway @Burnmad @Crimson Jester

____________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui Bunker

"Alright, big guy," she grumbled, the mech's imploring stare reminding her of a time a stray Burnak had hung around her camp during a mission on the Southern Continent, constantly pleading for attention with its cute little eyes. Groaning from the effort, she clambered carefully up into the mech, and settled into what she assumed to be the main seat. 

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

“You have both been silent for some time. Is he dead?” The Administrator asked Ultann. “I have just seen this performed in another temple. The one with side effects did not die in that exposure. Is exposure potentially fatal? If so, I will provide an update to the Legal department -- oh wait, I am the legal department.”

IC Leklo | Ice Ruin

The voice of the Administrator was distant and muffled to Toa Leklo as though his ear canals were plugged with wax, or he was underwater hearing someone speaking above. He lay motionless—a common fate for him, he thought sardonically—on his side for a long moment and took stock of his body. Everything hurt, from his toes to his crown, but nothing seemed to be broken. He felt different but was unable to really figure out what transformations had happened. A strange sensation churned within his chest and stomach and he felt a growing sense of unease. Slowly, he rolled over onto his chest and pushed his face off the floor with some difficulty; his arms were sore beyond anything like it before, like they had been torn off his bones and replaced anew.

He tried to say something but there was something in his throat that snagged his voice and drowned it but the effort initiated a gag reflex and he wretched, vomiting a silvery liquid that quickly glazed over in a layer of ice from the sheer frigidity in the room. As the liquid froze over, he could see his face dimly reflected back at him on the floor, and blinked flakes away from his eyes to see more clearly. There was no Kanohi on his head anymore, only an alien image in a similar chrome finish as what he'd regurgitated. He coughed then, violently and unceasingly, as he made the harrowing realization that he had been choking on his own face and rolled back to his side. 

"Not... dead... yet," he managed to eke out between spasms. 

• Like 4