Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

11 hours ago, Tarn said:

"Boop," was all the [Korio] replied, as weakly as Yumi had but quieter.

IC Yumiwak | Panda 

"Boop," I said, slightly louder now than before. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
no ban pls pls
  • Like 3

IC: [Vhisola]

Nixie slowly approached the offered food, still very much cautious. But after sniffing for a few seconds she seemed convinced the jerky was safe to eat. Okuo watched her nibble for a bit, but any encouragement stemming from the situation evaporated as the changed Matoran froze, head suddenly lifting and eyes staring past the Toa.

A moment later he realized what must have drawn Nixie’s attention: Vhisola had disappeared from sight, but could be heard softly groaning.

Crouched behind the wall in the same spot as before, Vhisola felt as if her insides were twisting around themselves. She’d put the nauseous feeling up to stress from worrying before now, but no, something was seriously wrong here and it hurt. Was this what had happened to Nixie earlier? How...had they been cursed. There must have been something if this caught up to them both. She was shaking, arms wrapped around herself tightly. She didn’t know what was going on, and in her current state she had neither the time nor strength to figure it out. All she knew was that she and Nixie needed help. But who? Her thoughts went back to Sorilax and Sala, but she didn’t know where they could be by now...

“Find...aspect.” she managed to groan, before collapsing into convulsions...

OOC: @Onaku

• Like 2

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Ulkarr and Reckless (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone Exterior)

Ulkarr was irritated by Kat putting her foot in his face. The fire was also a problem. While he stumbled back, letting go of her leg, the glow in his eyes erupted into a blinding beam of light. It wouldn’t physically harm Kat - except for maybe her retinas.

@The UltimoScorp

IC: Ostrox (The Coliseum, Waiting Room)

Upon seeing the coffee table cease existing, Ostrox calmly stood up. Evidently the newspaper hadn’t gotten the message across, so this time he threw the armchair he had been sitting on at the Vahki. Specifically, the one attacking Zaliyah and Iradra. He'd deal with the one behind the glass in due time.

@Eyru@Nato the Traveler@Onaku

IC: NU-8020S, Obedient and Impressionable (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone)

"Very well. I take it you will not require Vahki assistance on this mission? Provided that the prototype can calculate the next temple’s location?"

@Onaku@pokemonlover360@Tarn@~Xemnas~@Harvali@Snelly

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro, The Taku, Cargo Bay)

"Uh, no, not at all. He was offering me a tour of the ship, which, you know, I’ll take." Navu needed something to keep the existential dread out, after all.

@Tarn@BULiK

• Like 2

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

After rummaging through the various items and weapons in the warehouse, Aurax grabbed a Cordak blaster and tossed it to Saybo. He then bent down and picked up a firework revolver and a Skyblaster for himself.

He walked back to where his ACR was, reached up, and removed the vessel containing the heartlight that powered the machine. He pocketed it, and then grabbed a tool, and quickly ripped the Hagah plasma cannon off of the Takea's shoulder.

With a grunt, he moved the weapon over to the door and stood it up. "Okay, based on the way this cannon works, I think I can rig it to build up a larger than normal amount of plasma. If our enemies seem like they're going to breach the door, I can then rig it to explode on a short delay. Saybo, call the elevator so that we can make a quick escape if we need to."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian 

IC, Atamai: Valley

Atamai stepped through the portal, his surroundings changing from a manmade room to a lush, green jungle. He started making his way down to the center of the valley, where some kind of structure stood.

As he walked, he decided to test out his new powers. He expanded his baton into a staff, and then called on his elemental power. The staff shimmered, the inside of it solidifying. The bottom of it grew into a small round ball, and the top began to warp and branch into an ornate spearhead. 

Satisfied with the weapon, he decided to try something a little more challenging. He closed his eyes and focused. He reached out his hand, and metal fibers began to grow from it. They curled around each other, weaving together. Soon, Atamai was holding a cloak made of metal fibers. It was more intricate than anything he had ever created with his element. With a swooping motion, Atamai put it on, and pulled the hood over his head. 

As he got closer to the tree line, he could make out several beings standing at the structure. He didn't recognize any of them, so he mentally prepared himself for a worst-case scenario.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Nato the Traveler @Kal the Guardian and anyone else at Kini-Nui

• Like 3

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Ruins Exterior:

Released, Kat used her mask to guide her into a neat backflip that allowed her to land on her feet. The problem however, was that she kept her eyes on Ulkarr as best she could, and for her dedication she received a face full of blinding light. The Toa of Fire screwed her eyes shut as fast as she could, but it was too late, her world became whiteness and spots of color.

She took a step back, widened her stance, and raised her arms defensively.

"Pretty sneaky! Blinding your opponent is a good strategy!" She said cheerfully.

Ulkarr might just be more experienced than he'd initially let on!

@Toru Nui

Edited by The UltimoScorp
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Nuju | Kini-Nui

"I'm sorry, say again?" Nuju closed a small notebook he'd been drawing three interlocking circles over and over again. He didn't understand why he drew it, but he did.

IC: Sidra - Kini Nui

"Hi, I'm Sidra, what's your name?" She repeated, in a sing-song voice. "I asked what you knew about this place?"

@Unreliable Narrator

2 hours ago, Conway said:

IC: Parnassus | Fort Nektann

"Cae-- Stannis, the newcomer," Parnassus said. "He has something for us, for Fort Nektann. A weapon. But I wish to question him about it first, before bringing the matter to Barius. I would like you to come with me on this errand."

IC: Corrivalis - Fort Nektann

"Why are you telling me?" He stopped to lean against the doorframe, rubbing his tired eyes. "How can I help?"

@Conway

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Bridge of the Taku

Knichou's eyes also focused on Nale. No pressure... buuuuuut Knichou knew only slightly more than Vulimai did.

~~~

"Well, let's get to it. Right."

Berys looked around. It was going to be a short tour - almost everything was in view.

"Right now we're on the lower deck, in the cargo bay," the Le-Matoran started. He pointed towards the front of the ship, where there was an actual walled off section instead of the wide open space of the hull. "Front has storage room for supplies. Above is bridge, captain's quarters on right, crew quarters on left. You can store any belongings there, and there should still be free hammock for you."

He gestured above them. "Upper deck catwalks go to the main engine and the half of the ship's levitation engines. Cargo crane is controlled from station outside doors to bridge. Usually that's where Arnex is."

The Onu-Matoran stopped climbing up a ladder to give a wave.

"And... that's about it. You already know about cargo bay doors you entered from. Not much of maze, thankfully. Some airships get cramped but Taku leaves lot of open space."

• Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC Kilo-M9 - Ruins of Stone:

Ally Atamai has returned. Performing post-transformation diagnostic.

Notable visual changes: Size increase noted. Muscle strength likely also increased. Primary armor color is now silver. Silver color not normally linked to stone region or element. Silver color likely to be universal result of ruin activation regardless of location. Golden eye color matches color of energy that Ally Atamai was exposed to. Alterations to mask are also present. Unknown if transformation has affected mask power or merely aesthetics.

Non-visual changes unknown. 83% chance additional or improved powers may be present.

Vocal patterns have been altered slightly. More samples are needed to properly assess.

Diagnostic complete. Insufficient data to form complete picture of changes. Conclusion can be made that transformation is not lethal to recipient. Negative factors are not immediately obvious.

Turning attention to future actions. Mysterious portal destination is unknown. Entering without testing is unsafe.

Ally Atamai has just entered portal. Portal is likely safe. There is a Possibility that portal is filtered for recipients of NUVA. Testing theory.

While the machine’s companions reacted to the sudden reappearance and disappearance of their newly-NUVAed ally, the machine picked up a nearby rock and proceeded to toss it through the portal. The improvised projectile passed through with no resistance.

Portal does not appear to have a filter. Portal likely lacks filter on other side. Possibility of enemies invading village using portal is likely. Will need to ensure temple is guarded for future invasions.

Other temples should be activated. Should try to secure power-ups for trustworthy companions. Ally Arkius is suggesting hypothetical earth ruins as next target. Target is sound. Logically distance from stone ruins to earth ruins should be shorter. In addition, this unit should be able to calculate likely location using Onu-metru great disc location.

Sudden query: why use great discs as keys to NUVA transformation? Despite rarity of great discs, possibility exists of forging new copies. If keys were meant to be restrictive, unique NUVA specific keys would be created. And why would NUVA device seemingly consume great disc? Great discs are useful tools with strong abilities on their own.

Searching archived conversation data from 1-2 weeks ago...

Target conversation located. Description of the Creator’s great disc device as described by Allies Knichou and Stannis.

Comparing description of great disc device to NUVA lock device...

Significant similarities present. Possible link between devices. If functionality is similar, NUVA devices may enhance recipient with power of single great disc.

Only two great disc powers are known to this unit. Other great discs in possession can be examined at later time. Po-metru disc has already been used. If Onu-metru disc power is granted to an individual...

The mechanical enforcer suddenly darted for the exit of the NUVA roomk. Turning back to its companions the machine quickly began to explain, “Earth ruins must be prioritized. This unit theorizes that NUVA devices may transfer great disc powers to recipient. Ally Jutori, you remember what the Onu-metru great disc is capable of. That power must not fall into untrustworthy hands.”

The machine paused to let its words sink in before continuing. “This unit will begin calculations of earth ruins likely whereabouts. Based on preliminary estimates possibility exists where ruins are under the giant robot head. More precise calculations must be done which will take time. While that is occurring, Allies should recruit others to join us on journey and check on vehicle status. Additionally, guards should be posted in this room. This portal does not filter who can pass through, which could lead to invaders entering through it.”

With its thoughts given, the machine darted out of the room to begin preparations.

OOC: @Onaku@Tarn@Snelly@Toru Nui@Harvali

@~Xemnas~ There's a small rock following Atamai through the portal. Up to you whether to do anything with it.

IC Ysocla - Tactical Panda:

Ysocla let out a small chuckle at her crewmate’s antics. It wasn’t enough to get her to smile, but the levity was appreciated.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua@Tarn@Vezok's Friend

• Like 5

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Triage - The Taku

Triage followed along during the tour. Actually, had he been given one when he joined?

"And, if you ever need a check-up or something, I'm around. Don't really have an office or anything. I should ask about that..."

@Toru Nui

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku (Bridge)

Nale listened to the message and sighed. Zaliyah...I forgot. She then realized the others present were looking at her, and clearly thought she may have had something to do with Metru-Koro surrendering.

"Wh...why are you all looking at me?!" The Fa-Toa asked, glancing between Vulimai and Knichou, incredulous. "I didn't know we had even surrendered until after I risked my life to skydive onto another airship and came back with its captain. Someone else worked out the deal, and it obviously hasn't been popular. Seems like most people around just assume we won."

She placed her hands on her hips. "If Zaliyah can't gain enough support then maybe Aurax will easily stop her, " she said, although she wasn't entirely confident in that. "After all, at this point the League has to be tired of all the conflict. This just gives us an opening to get the villagers inside Metru Nui while the everyone is too busy in-fighting to pay attention. Then we deal with whatever's left. If it's Aurax, maybe we can talk. If it's Zaliyah..."

Nale trailed off for a moment, then shrugged.

"...we'll cross that moat when we get to it."

@BULiK@Sparticus147

• Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"Because ... you are my friend, Corrivalis," Parnassus said. Their gaze did not waver from the Mimic's eyes, but perhaps someone who was looking closely enough might have noticed the way that their shadow clung tight to them, like a coiled snake ready to strike. "And I trust your judgement. I would want you beside me if anything goes awry."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

-Void

Edited by Conway
  • Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

Friend seemed like a bit of a stretch... they'd only spoken a few times... but who was he to question the strange logic of an Aspect? 

"Very well," he nodded. "Should I bring my weapon?" 

@Conway

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

The Fe-Matoran nodded, “thank you, Lawful. I … I have tried my best.” He sighed, “But I … I am clearly not strong enough to decide things like the fate of a Matoran. I go to pieces too easily. I … I may be better at things that don’t involve debating the fate of people, rescuing people from natural disasters, making low level Kanoka disks. Simple stuff.

I-I long time ago I was told to do what I can,” Kanohi said quietly as he rocked back and forth, leaning against his Kiril Staff, “to b-break my duties into small manageable tasks. I … I need to break it down into small tasks. O-okay, okay, okay. Okay okay okay. Um, Bode has definitely committed murder. Okay. But it may have been euthanasia. W-we will need to figure out if it was an ignorant act of mercy.

B-but how was he supposed to figure out that?

OOC: @Toru Nui @Onaku I assume he would have learn the names of the individual Vahki during the construction of the village. 

IC “Collector” - The Ruins of Stone

Collector looked between the group. This … it was dawning on them that they were in the minority here, in more ways than one, and they would be a hypocrite to tell the Toa not to abandon the village for power. But, even so, they cleared their throat. “I … the Earth Ruins might not be too far away, but shouldn’t we wait a bit longer, help the village be more prepared? At least help the Matoran forge more Disks of Weakening, maybe build some crude disk launchers too.” 

The Vortixx looked away, “I … maybe I should … if you leave, I think I should stay behind with the Vahki, between us we may be able to build some launchers, fortify the village better. I believe the Turaga Jovan has been searching the edges of the village for ore.

They swallowed and continued, “There is something else. I mean no disrespect, but the Administrator seemed surprised by what happened when the NUVA device activated, there were side effects to using the disk that even they didn’t expect. The ruins seem like they had been abandoned for along time, their mechanisms may have started to break. It might be wise to wait, to see if there are other downsides to this power.

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn 

• Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

"Lead on," he said, stepping outside and closing the hut door behind him.

@Conway

• Like 1

IC: Vulimai (The Taku, Bridge)

"...we'll cross that moat when we get to it."

Walking over and taking a seat on one of the seats within the cockpit, Vulimai took in a deep breath as she covered her mouth with her hands, palms together, before setting them on her lap. Muttering to herself, anyone Knichou and Nale would faintly hear Vulimai speak, "This is fine. This is fine. This isn't the worst possible outcome..." 

It was taking all of Vulimai's strength to not simply collapse in upon herself. For some Matoran, their world came crashing down when the League attacked last night, others, when Mata-Nui died, and before that, some experienced the depths of despair when the League invaded Metru-Nui. But Vulimai, no, her world started falling apart long before then. She was a soldier after all, death was a normal part of the job, or so some might think, but being a soldier is either destroying someone else's world, or having your own destroyed. And it most certainly hasn't helped, that Vulimai has went from a mere sergeant, to a captain, to now leader of an entire village in a matter of two weeks.

With barely constrained emotion, Vulimai spoke out loud, "This is...Fine. We can work with this...League are busy infighting, that gives us time to prepare. If Aurax wins, as long as it is the League fighting itself, and no Toa from Metru-Koro get involved, then we should be fine for peace. If...Zaliyah, wins, then maybe we will still have a chance. I don't personally know them but they were the head of the ambassadors that came. Maybe, and just maybe, if we're lucky, she isn't too bitter about Sans' insults...We can do this..."

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn

• Like 1

IC: Whisper - Silver Sea 

Whisper had seen kraata before. She had made kraata before.

But the sleek, serpentine creatures that swam out of the Silver Sea and slithered up her tendrils (which had suddenly turned pink, for some strange reason), were so different to what she'd experienced or expected. They were alive in a way other kraata were not, true lifeforms able to move of their own volition, self-aware and driven by instinct. Each was bright and vibrant, unique in colour, and she could sense their powers as they clung to her coils - Stasis, Laser Vision, Ice Resistance, and Sleep. 

She had created life from death.

She was a mother, and these were her children.

And now she could share their gifts with the world. 

Clutching her progeny close, she took to the air, and headed back towards Metru-Koro.

• Like 5

Knichou gave a pathetic shrug when asked why he and Vulimai looked to her. His posture slouched further as Vulimai took a seat, defeated. Nothing about this situation was ideal. He wanted to fly to Metru-Nui now, help Zaliyah depose Aurax... but that was not what a Toa would do. Not when other pressing matters were at hand, and not when his interference could easily incite another war if it went wrong. Sans would already be over there if he was still alive. Which would probably lead to his death like his last charge.

"This certainly... speeds up our timeline. But Nale's right, it doesn't change what we must do, we'll deal with it when the chaos reaches us."

The Toa of iron took off his Kakama and swapped it for the mask of creation. It sealed into place, nanites flowing in from his armor to rebuild his heads up display, and the mysterious power of the mask sending a chill down his spine.

"As for now, Vulimai, you have a choice. Silence or action. While Zaliyah's transmission is faint and I'm unsure if we can contact them, we can radio to Metru Nui. Maybe delay Aurax's efforts, keep him busy and potentially help Zaliyah indirectly, or negotiate a better deal. They don't know if we've heard Zaliyah's transmission or not, maybe use this as an opportunity to work out the details of the move to Metru-Nui with Aurax over the radio."

• Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

4 hours ago, Nato the Traveler said:

IC: Sidra - Kini Nui

"Hi, I'm Sidra, what's your name?" She repeated, in a sing-song voice. "I asked what you knew about this place?"

IC: Nuju | Kini-Nui

Sala had not returned. Perhaps he was lost, but Nuju hoped for the determined matoran's success. As long as Sala's will held strong, Nuju knew he would be alright.

"Hello Sidra, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance," Nuju replied alongside the sharp clapping sound of his journal's clasp being shut. He stared for a short while at her, taking in the radiance of her armor and the familiarity with which she and Sorilax spoke. "This is Kini-Nui, a temple created in the Time Before Time. Just there, where the stone head rests, is where the Makoki Stone once rested. Now it is fragmented, and I sit on the boundary between this world and the Far Shore, a place where reality unravels and considers what it was, is, and could be. There's a Makoki Stone fragment in the Far Shore. I've narrowed it down to two possible timelines, and Sorilax's companion Sala has ventured into the Far Shore to find it. With luck, he'll return. 

"But you're already aware of some of this, aren't you? I imagine you've come because of the newly revealed bunkers in the hills around this valley. They weren't there an hour ago, or rather they were concealed until just before your arrival."

Nuju looked beyond current company towards the shifting foliage at the lake's edge. He saw a toa covered in a cloak of woven metal step out onto the lake's shore and look over the temple complex. To Sidra, Nuju said; "and I suppose he's with you?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @~Xemnas~, @Kal the Guardian

• Like 3

Happy chat.

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

Well, that settled it. If the bunkers had only appeared just before she arrived, then they had to be what she was here for. Still, this Makoki Stone and Far Shore sounded all kinds of intriguing; once she was done with the bunkers, it definitely sounded like a lead worth looking into. 

"Thank you Nuju, I-"

Nuju looked past her, towards the shifting foliage at the lake's edge. "And I suppose he's with you?"

"I... would hesitate to say that," she turned to squint at the approaching figure. A tall Toa, clad all in gleaming silver, wearing what looked to be a heavy, hooded cloak of woven metal. Most likely a Fe-Toa, given the armour colour and adornment. The mask, armour, and staff didn't look like anyone she knew, but as she studied him closer, one particular detail jumped out at her, a strange axe/hammer combination weapon. She's seen one like it before, in the hands of Atamai, the Fe-Toa who'd opposed her, and joined forces with Tuyet, during the skirmish at the original machine. It can't be... could it? 

Leklo and Korruhn, like Atamai, had been one of the Matoran transformed by Dume. It made sense that they would have all stayed in contact. Leklo's disk had looked like a perfect representation of the original, and he hadn't seemed like a craftsman to her. Who better to replicate or reforge the Great Disks for him than the Fe-elemental who'd helped find the originals, knew where their remnants were, and had the power to teleport back there?

"Atamai... is that you?" She called.  

The Great Disks were here. The machine was here. Sidra was here.

If it really was Atamai, then history was repeating itself all over again. 

@Unreliable Narrator @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~

• Like 4

IC: Iradra - The Coliseum

The left-most Iradra raised her sword and a wide hardlight barrier formed around its blade, blocking the staff blast. The central one raised her sword and likewise formed a hardlight barrier around her blade, the barrier cracking slightly upon the disk's impact but nonetheless deflecting it to clatter to the floor. The right-most Iradra too formed a barrier around her sword's blade, and upon not having to block anything, pointed her sword, along with the blade-like barrier, at the Vahki, before the barrier shot forth like a projectile. She then proceeded to advancing on the Vahki again, the two other Iradras advancing alongside her, another hardlight barrier forming along the edge of her sword.

@Eyru@Nato the Traveler@Toru Nui

• Like 2

Without another word, Parnassus turned and led their friend back into the Fortress. The night was winding to a close by now, and the warskaks were finding their ways back to whatever quarters they had established for themselves -- or whatever patch of ground they could claim for the evening. Figures lurched in the firelight like phantasms, but the one that the young Aspect sought would not be among those. He would be swift, speedy. Alas, he might also be in the company of one whom Parnassus had hoped not to encounter on hostile terms -- but Corrivalis could help with that.

Parnassus would have sought this being out anyway. Curiosity would have demanded it. It might even have ended peacefully, with nothing more than a few questions posed to the strange and mysterious slave-bard.

But now their hunt for Grime was a grim one, indeed.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

"Did this Stannis tell you anything else about this weapon?" He asked as they walked. "Or why a Toa like him would help us after what we did to the last one of his kind we had in our company." 

@Conway

• Like 1

"His kind is not what you think it is," Parnassus said, not looking back. "He has more in common with me than he does with any Matoran. And so, he is bound by bond of kinship to help me and my allies with resources he has gathered on his travels."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro

"We have a map, actually."

Since the incident at the field hospital, Irna had made her way through the village, trying to pick out useful wreckage the way that her family once had. Unfortunately, Metru-Koro had possessed little enough to begin with -- the bombing had just revealed to what extent that was the case. Eventually, without even realizing it, she had made her way back to where her journey seemed to have started: Turaga Sans' hut. How long had it even been since she had met Skorm and Keitara there? A mere handful of days. And she still remembered what the Turaga had said to her:

Your kind.

The words still stung. Irna had joined the League all those weeks ago to prove to the Matoran that she -- and all Zyglak -- were just as brave and true as any maskbearer. She had even turned against the League to defend the Matoran of Metru-Nui from harm. She had bled and toiled to raise Metru-Koro up out of the wasteland of this island, and yet it was still: your kind.

Perhaps Ostrox was right, in his own way.

A change was needed.

Irna poked and prodded at the wreckage of Sans' home, until she found something familiar: the stone map that that strange Vortixx had left with her. Evidently, the esteemed Turaga had not gotten around to copying it out, as he said he would. She had just picked it up, idly dusting it off as she began walking deeper into the wrecked village, when she first heard the sound of Skorm's voice. She followed it until she found him and Tekmo making their way through the settlement, and she raised one hand in greeting, saying:

"We have a map, actually."

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata @Toru Nui

-Void

• Like 4

[ BZPRPG ]

Kinship? What kind of kinship could a Toa have with an Aspect. Unless...

"But you don't trust him?" He pressed. "You said you wanted support if things went awry." 

@Conway

• Like 1

"As for now, Vulimai, you have a choice. Silence or action. While Zaliyah's transmission is faint and I'm unsure if we can contact them, we can radio to Metru Nui. Maybe delay Aurax's efforts, keep him busy and potentially help Zaliyah indirectly, or negotiate a better deal. They don't know if we've heard Zaliyah's transmission or not, maybe use this as an opportunity to work out the details of the move to Metru-Nui with Aurax over the radio."

Vulimai only let out a sigh at Knichou's suggestion, "After a radio broadcast announcing his treachery to the entire city and beyond, I don't think Aurax would be in the negotiating mood. And as for helping Zaliyah, assuming that would be something I would want to help with, what could we possibly do?"

Edited by Sparticus147

Knichou sighed.

"I.... I don't know. Without Aurax in power, with the city in our control, we could not just survive, but thrive. I'd go help take him down myself but you're right, any Toa aiding her bring too great a risk of repercussions if we lose, and it would be even riskier if I went with this mask. The safer choice is to sit on the sidelines. Hope that whatever happens is for the best. Deal with the aftermath."

Earlier that day Knichou spoke of how wasn't sure if he would ever feel like a Matoran again, but a battle for the fate of the Matoran being far away and him powerless to influence it proved the opposite. He sat in the captain's chair, supporting his forehead with a hand, and staring at the ground. He pondered the possibilities but there only appeared to be one safe route through this confllict.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Vulimai sighed a sigh of defeat and hopelessness at Knichou saying '...with the city in our control...' 

The idea of Metru-Nui being back in the hands of the Matoran was a faint, nigh-impossible dream. Karz, one of the reasons why Zaliyah wanted to overthrow Aurax was because he was a Toa. The only way for the Matoran being able to return to Metru-Nui and to live there as they once did, would only be if the entirety of the League was gone, and that was an equally impossible task.

No, co-existence was the only possibility, one that felt the most impossible out of everything.

"Yes...I suppose we should just wait and see what the aftermath is." Vulimai said with defeat in her voice, her posture mirroring that of Knichou.

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

As Atamai approached the lake's edge, one of the figures at the structure called out to him.

"Atamai... is that you?"

Atamai recognized the voice. It was Sidra, the Dark Hunter who had killed Turaga Dume. A few days ago, Atamai may have reacted with anger, maybe shouting some choice words at her. But he wasn't the same person he was a few days ago; he wasn't even the same as he was a few minutes ago. 

He put one foot out over the water, and, as he accessed his elemental power, a metal bridge began to grow under his feet. He stepped onto it, and willed it to grow and move him to the structure.

"Yes, it's me," he said as he climbed up to where Sidra and the other beings were. He recognized one as a Ko-Matoran, but the other was unknown to him, though Atamai guessed that he was an Aspect.

"Sidra. I see you got yourself a Great Disk," the Toa Nuva of Iron said as he leaned on his spear. "Which temple did you come from? I gave one of my friends a Great Disk to take back to the Ruins of Ice, but I don't see him here." 

Atamai wondered if Sidra had stolen Leklo's Great Disk, which would explain his absence. But then again, Sidra didn't seem hostile, so it made the idea less likely.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

IC: Arkius - Ruins of Stone

Arkius nodded. "Ally Kilo raises a good point. Administrator, can this portal be closed and reopened at our behest? And can it likewise be closed and reopened from the other side?"

He then turned to face Collector and looked at him with an expression diffcult to decipher. "Indeed, you and the Vahki should stay here, along with most everyone else. There won't be more than two other toa to accompany me and Kilo to the Earth counterpart to this place. So long as we are quick about it, the people of this village should be safe in the care of those who remain behind to guard it. That is why the counterpart east of the volcano has to wait. I dare not spare more than four from among us to seek out these temples. This village's safety is in my highest priorities, rest assured of that, Vortixx."

@Unreliable Narrator@Harvali@Tarn@Snelly@Toru Nui

• Like 3

Knichou didn't have anything to add, but the radio did. No sooner did Vulimai agree did the radio begin to pipe up once again, this time with Aurax's sleazy voice.

Citizens of the Kingdom… as you have heard, a traitor named Zaliyah has raised allegations against me, and wants to usurp me. But I tell you this. Pridak's dying words to me... His dying words to me… you want to know what they were? “Take care of our people”. He charged me with protecting you. And that’s exactly what I intended to do when I took the throne.

I have brought peace to the city. But as you can see, not everyone wants peace. Zaliyah, Ostrox, and an unknown Toa have entered the Coliseum, intending to kill me, and bring further chaos. My friends, this can’t be allowed. Will you let your new peace be destroyed by anarchists?

Now, to further incentive you all to make the correct decision, I offer you this; anyone who brings me a head of one of the traitors will be greatly rewarded. All the treasures of the despicable Turaga Dume will be yours for the taking. Weapons, masks, artifacts, any of these can be yours. Kill the Zaliyah, Ostrox, and their Toa companion, protect the peace!”

Knichou rolled his eyes at the speech, but Aurax's mentioning of a Toa snapped him back to focus.

"An unknown Toa is helping Zaliyah? Who could that be?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nu

"I came from the Ice Ruins," she nodded. "Made my own Great Disk, too, but the Administrator said the temples are only single use, so Leklo insisted we try to share his disk rather than fight over the power. He got second prize, and I ended up here."

@~Xemnas~

• Like 1

Nale leaned back against the console and sighed.

"Whatever happens, happens."

Then the radio crackled to life again, and a message--this time from Aurax--played over the bridge. The mention of an unknown Toa, and Knichou's comment on it, reminded Nale of something. The meeting in the hospital.

"An unknown...? Oh dear, Iradra. I saw her leave with them. Didn't think she'd go all the way back to Metru Nui with Zaliyah. Wonder if she went with them as an act of good faith and just happens to be wrapped up in this now, or she knew full well what she was getting into."

@BULiK@Sparticus147

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Vulimai buried her face into her hand, completely at a loss, "Son of a Piraka! If Aurax traces Iradra back to Metru-Koro, the odds of us having a chance at peace is nothing! Honestly, now I don't even know who I want to win...Sigh...Any..Any plans anyone want to offer? Any last ditch efforts? Those final hoorays I've heard you Toa like to do?"

"I'm afraid I'm all final huzzah'd out - we already survived one last-ditch suicide mission, I doubt I have any more plans like that up my sleeve."

• Like 1

IC: Whisper - Metru-Koro

The Aspect of Change flitted back into Metru-Koro, making a hasty beeline straight for Vulimai's hut. She felt giddy, eager and excited in ways she never had before. She wanted to show everyone what she'd done, share what she'd accomplished with anyone who'd listen. Unfortunately a quick glance through the window as she flew past towards the door revealed that the hut was empty. 

"Excuse me?" She dropped to the ground and approached the first guard she could find. "Do you know where Captain Vulimai is?"

@Sparticus147

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 1

"If only we could contact Iradra and figure out what she's doing or what's really going on, or something," Nale said. "Her being there could jeopardize things. Unless..."

Her optics switched to Knichou for a moment, then towards the floor.

"...no, you wouldn't agree to it..."

@BULiK@Sparticus147

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Knichou looked up from his grief, instead gazing towards Nale as she sounded like she was close to a breakthrough, only to see her icy blue optics dart away from his as soon as they made contact.

"Wouldn't agreed to what?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

She tilted her head, optics still towards the floor, and shrugged.

"Well, it's nothing too out there. But...maybe you should give Aurax a call."

Nale looked towards Knichou and raised a hand pre-emptively, in case he disagreed. "Just to tell him that we did not send Iradra with Zaliyah. This wasn't Metru-Koro's idea." 

@BULiK@Sparticus147

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

Atamai listened to what Sidra said. He took in the fact that Sidra was able to create her own Great Disk, and that she and Leklo had gotten to the Ice Ruins at the same time. It was interesting that Leklo had allowed Sidra to join him in attempting to claim the Nuva power; Atamai trusted Leklo, and Leklo seemingly trusted Sidra, so that said a lot. Perhaps she had changed since Atamai had last seen her, or perhaps he had misjudged her entirely. 

"I see," he said, deciding not to share details of his time-traveling excursion. "So, where exactly is here? There must be important else here if the portals to this place only opened after we used the Great Disks."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 1