Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Metru-Nui Guard (Outside Vulimai's Hut)

Twesh was stumbling through the streets of Metru-Koro, fiddling with his hands and not really knowing what to do. Back in Metru-Nui, Twesh was what some my call, cross-wired, and honestly wasn't good at much. He was constantly nervous, couldn't stop fiddling with things, and didn't have much of an attention span. His only redeeming qualities was that he was incredibly good at throwing Kanokas...A trait that made him a valuable asset amongst the guard and as a soldier.

But at the moment, without any sort of command, Twesh only wandered through the streets nervously...Till a large black mass with pink highlights came flying in front of him.

"Excuse me? Do you know where Captain Vulimai is?"

"AAAAHH!"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 3

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Bridge of the Taku

Knichou frowned. While he had indeed suggested to radio Aurax earlier, the situation had evolved in complexity since then, and it was a different matter entirely to throw a fellow Toa under the metaphorical vahki transport, especially when they didn't know if she was being framed or was indeed complicit with Zaliyah. He was silent for a few tense moments, but eventually spokeup.

"I doubt Aurax will trust any words out of my mouth, but this might be the only thing we can do, and knowing more from him, liar as he may be, will help us plan what to do next."

He reluctantly pressed a few buttons on the radio's control panel and then began to transmit over the same frequency as Aurax's announcement.

"This is Commander Knichou of the airship Taku, speaking on behalf of Metru-Koro. Aurax, I know you're listening. We need to talk."

Message over, Knichou stopped transmitting and tensely leaned back in his chair.

"Now we wait."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

1 minute ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

"I see," he said, deciding not to share details of his time-traveling excursion. "So, where exactly is here? There must be important else here if the portals to this place only opened after we used the Great Disks."

IC: Sidra - Kini Nui

"According to Nuju here," she gestured to the not-quite-there Ko-Matoran, "This place is called Kini-Nui. And those bunkers on the hills only appeared shortly before we both got here, so I'm willing to bet that whatever's within them is meant for us."

@~Xemnas~

1 minute ago, Sparticus147 said:

Twesh only wandered through the streets nervously...Till a large black mass with pink highlights came flying in front of him.

"AAAAHH!"

IC: Whisper - Metru-Koro

Once upon a time, a reaction of such dread and respect would have been pleasing to her. Today, however, she didn't have the patience for it.

She waited for the initial bout of screaming to cease before she spoke again. "Do I need to repeat the question, or did you understand me the firs time?" 

@Sparticus147

• Like 3

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Stannis | Aurax's Mind

A regretfully familiar voice chimed like a distant service bell in the errant king's mind. (Hello, Once-friend.)

"What? What do you want now?" asked Aurax out loud, probably startling Saybo.

(I have what I want,) Stannis replied, neither here or there but everywhere in Aurax's head. It echoed vaguely as though sung by a baritone in a well-insulated theatre, powerful but aesthetically muted. (Do you?)

[I did, for about eight hours,] the king replied, deciding to keep the conversation in his mind so that Saybo wouldn't get too concerned. [Seems like people want to keep usurping their leaders. I shouldn't be too surprised, I guess, but it's just so soon.]

(Fear is a magnet to the brave and the foolish alike who wish to test themselves against the whetstone of a challenge. To be feared is to be a target.)

[Seems like I'm often a target. First the Ghosts, now this. Totally thought that being feared would help me keep power, but it seems like it didn't really help.]

(It is a double-edged sword,) Stannis' voice said. (When you were a Ghost you were feared for the harm your mechanisms could deal to others.

(Now, presumably, people are afraid of what harms you could do with the mechanisms of power at your disposal.

(How ironic... they are almost one and the same. Destiny has an odd sense of humour.)

[I can't believe you're still prattling on about destiny. Destiny implies that our choices are predetermined, set in stone. I choose my own path, just as everyone else chooses theirs.]

(Yes, you make your choices, same as everyone else in the planes. We all see forks in the roads and are faced with decisions—like do we take the left, or the right? The choice seems perfunctory most cases and we apply some strange logic to decide; we take the more often traveled trail, or the one more easily walked, or the one more closely aligned to our compass heading. However, people rarely consider the possibility that both paths can lead to the same place and the only differences between them are the things we pass along the way. Choice is a funny thing, and an insidious trick of the mind. People think they have options and that empowers them, but without a map to inform them their choices are meaningless and without true purpose. You could as well roll a die. 

(As warlord king you have a myriad of options at your disposal, Aurax... but do you feel in charge?)

[Not right now I don't. Sure, I command tons of Vahki now, but it ultimately won't matter if the rebels aren't stopped.]

There was a silence on the mental link for a moment. Stannis ruminated to himself, not bothering to disclose his thoughts to Aurax yet and leaving the conversation on mute. Just as Aurax would have considered it dead and then moving on with his life, the voice returned. 

(The concept of Destiny is not as mythological as people think it to be. Destiny is not magic. Magic is what people label forces they do not understand, or choose not to comprehend, but Destiny does not operate on Faith or any such mythological virtue or principle. It does not matter who you are, what you are, or what you do, there will always be someone who knows more than you do, can see what is coming or knows it by heart, who can pull your strings and push your buttons. How often do you feel a nudge or tug in one way or the other that makes you feel and do in some way? 

(Destiny is not religious, it is knowledge. True power is the ability to  decide your path because you know precisely what is to come. Autonomy. And there will always be someone who has more of that than you. Than me. I prattle on about 'Destiny' because I know it is a charade and hope others can realize the same. Do you see, now?)

Aurax paused his tinkering to mull over the old man’s words. 

[I suppose... but then how do you 'know precisely what is to come?' We all have an idea of what we want to be, where we want to go. But how do you know what’s meant to be?]

(I do not know,) was the simple, honest response Aurax got.

And then, (But I intend to.)

@~Xemnas~

• Like 5

"AAAAAAAAaaahhhh......After a long period, Twesh finally stopped screaming, but his eyes were still wide, his hands fiddling more than ever on a Le-Kanoka disk he always carries with himself.

"Do I need to repeat the question, or did you understand me the first time?" 

Twesh stuttered and fumbled over his words, both from his natural anxiety and the anxiety being induced by this creature, but eventually intelligent words came through. "V-V-Vulimai C-C-Captain went sssought out K-Knichou T-T-Toa at T-Taku Ssship."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

IC: Whisper - Metru-Koro

"Thank you," she bobbed her head in a nod of acknowledgement, then flapped haphazardly skywards again. "Taku ship" had to be the airship she'd been aboard before, she surmised. She hadn't seen anything else around the village that would qualify as a ship.

She soon spotted the vessel and flew down towards it, landing on the boarding ramp and slithering inside. 

"Hello? Captain Vulimai?" 

@Sparticus147 @BULiK @Tarn

• Like 3

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Taku crew, Metru-Koro, The Taku

Berys would have been as shocked as Twesh at the tentacled being flying up into the cargo bay, but given this was not the first time Whisper was on the ship, he was only extremely startled. While her appearance had changed, she was still... highly recognizable. After a second of staring, he pointed at the door on the upper deck and said, "V-Vulimai in bridge."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Grand Temple Ruins

With - Apex

Apex responded with slight hesitation, “It has been...Good. Why is it that I find you here, Toa of Green?" As Apex spoke, a weird colored slug slithered along Apex' form.

Viltia opened her mouth to mention the slug, but Apex seemed really compatible with nature, so she thought better of it, instead she replied, “I’m here for the Nui-Rama hive. They stole something that could hurt them or maybe even others. I need to get it back. It’s a crystal about so big.” Viltia motioned with her hands.

Suddenly a voice spoke from nowhere and yet everywhere. It came from the walls, the floor, even the ceiling. Viltia’s whole body jerked in surprise, head flying about, looking for the source.

Identify your--

You. You have returned.

But when Apex responded as if the voice were to be ignored, and also seeking entrance to the Nui-Rama hive, Viltia relaxed.

"Yes, I have returned and I do not have any business with you, so unless you know of a way into the hive built into this temple, I would prefer your silence."

The voice responded, “I do not speak of your return, Apex."

Viltia looked around, but there was no one else besides her and Apex. What was even happening? Well, weird stuff always happened in the Fau Swamp. You had to learn to roll with it. Viltia looked to the ceiling and replied to the voice, “If you mean me, I’ve never actually been here. Uh… well I guess that I can remember. My name’s Viltia, what’s yours?

Viltia’s curiosity took over and she couldn’t stop herself from continuing, “Soooo... are you this whole building, or are you hiding somewhere? Hey wait! This place feels like that Suva I found. Are you some... like, computer voice thing that responds to inputs and outputs? Hey, if that’s true, do you know how to merge Kanohi? I couldn’t figure it out on my first go, but I’m pretty sure I’ve heard about it in legends. I’m thinking the Suva is the way to go, I’m just not sure how yet.

OOC: @Sparticus147  @Unreliable Narrator Will try to respond with my other characters tomorrow.

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Reliable Narrator | Coliseum, Waiting Room B

The Nullifier's canister slowly rose from its back as the machine faced its opponents. Zaliyah's movement caught its eye. Turning slightly, it summoned another disk and prepared to fire. As it did so, it began to unleash its invisible nullification energies, to steal Iradra's power over light and get rid of that pesky barrier, the one that blocked Zaliyah's own energy blast--

It wasn't expecting an armchair to come flying through the air. I mean, who is?

The chair was well-built and solid, and it slammed into the Vahki, knocking it back into the wall again. This time, it was not lucky enough to escape unharmed. The sound of splintering glass and crackling energy was accompanied by a brief flash of light as the Nullifier's canister shattered, crushed between the robot's body and the wall.

The robot staggered to its feet before being knocked down again by Iradra's headlight projectile. Its gears screamed in frustration. From its half-prone position on the ground, it fired its next disk, this time at Ostrox.

As the disk fired, the second Vahki burst through the double doors in a shower of tinkling glass. Already summoning its own disk to its jaws, it fired its staffs of erasing at the center Iradra.

OOC: The disk, should it strike Ostrox, is an Onu-Metru disk with the power of increase weight and a power level of 5.

@Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui @Onaku

• Like 5

IC: Iradra - The Coliseum

The right-most Iradra was upon the Nullifier, and proceeded to swinging her hardlight coated sword at its head. The center-most and left-most Iradras had meanwhile turned to face the newcomer, both raising their swords to block, before the left-most pointed her sword and fired her hardlight projectile at the Vahki's head. Before it could impact, however, it shifted in form to one that would envelop the Vahki's head, whereupon it would grab and yank it in the direction of the Nullifier on a collision course.

@Eyru@Toru Nui@Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro)

"Irna!" Skorm's expression brightened when he spotted his comrade. "I was just catching up with Tekmo. He want's to come with us. I don't have a problem with it; just considering the logistical issues of hauling four of us across the island and sea when all we have is a two-seater buggy."

OOC: @Conway @Toru Nui

• Like 2

The times, they are a-changing...

Atamai nodded. "I recently found out that the purpose of the Great Disks is to combat the giant Rahi that emerge from the island's volcano. But as we know, it wasn't the Disks themselves that were made for combat, it was what they unlocked. Until now, I assumed that this was just the Nuva powers, but since you say that those bunkers only just appeared after we used the Disks, I'm going to assume that whatever's in them is also meant for countering giant Rahi, perhaps even more so than the Nuva powers."

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Nato the Traveler

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

Aurax was about to respond to Stannis's statement, but then a voice rang out over the radio.

"This is Commander Knichou of the airship Taku, speaking on behalf of Metru-Koro. Aurax, I know you're listening. We need to talk."

Aurax immediately stopped what he was doing. He hadn't heard his old colleague's voice in many, many years. He sounded... different, but Aurax could still recognize Knichou. 

He slowly walked over to his tablet. He pushed a button to communicate by radio.

"Knichou... it's, uh, good to hear from you. I'm a little... busy... at the moment, so maybe we could talk later? Get some drinks or something while we catch up?"

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @BULiK

• Like 3

Knichou struggled to hide his disdain from his voice, but for those on the Taku's bridge, the snarl on his face showed it. He held down the button to broadcast once again.

"Busy, huh? From what I hear, you've certainly been 'busy', haven't you? But this isn't about what you did yesterday. It's about what's keeping you busy right now."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

IC: Parnassus | Fort Nektann

"You and him are not too different," Parnassus said. "Although you do not look the part, you are nonetheless a warskak. And although he does not look the part, he is nonetheless an Aspect of Makuta. If anyone will understand him, I hope it will be you."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro

"It's a shame that Waveahk and his hauler seem to have vanished," Irna conceded, nodding to Tekmo and clasping Skorm by the shoulder. "Is it possible to rebuild your vehicle to be more accommodating? Or perhaps there is some wreckage here that might be something to salvage?"

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata @Toru Nui

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

6 hours ago, Eyru said:

IC: Reliable Narrator | Coliseum, Waiting Room B

The robot staggered to its feet before being knocked down again by Iradra's headlight projectile. Its gears screamed in frustration. From its half-prone position on the ground, it fired its next disk, this time at Ostrox.

IC: Zaliyah - Coliseum Waiting Room

As her companions continued to combat the Vahki, Zaliyah moved out of the washroom and down the corridor, leaning around the hardlight barrier Iradra had created earlier to loose another beam from her herding blade at the prone Nullifier's head. 

@Eyru

1 hour ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

Atamai nodded. "I recently found out that the purpose of the Great Disks is to combat the giant Rahi that emerge from the island's volcano.  I'm going to assume that whatever's in them is also meant for countering giant Rahi, perhaps even more so than the Nuva powers."

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

It took considerable effort for Sidra to conceal her surprise and stop herself from bursting out in laughter at Atamai's revelation.

All of the puzzles and power were just to help fight the Tahtorak? She wasn't convinced. Her encounter with Viltia and Nektann had proved there were other ways to deal with the creatures, and if this power was so vitally important to protecting the people, why would the Builders have made it so difficult to get, and limit it to only six people? 

There had to be more to it, surely? And there was only one way to find out.

"Well, let's go look in these bunkers, then." 

She turned towards the hills, looking for something that might denote which of the six bunkers was meant for her.

@~Xemnas~ @Unreliable Narrator

6 minutes ago, Conway said:

IC: Parnassus | Fort Nektann

"You and him are not too different," Parnassus said. "Although you do not look the part, you are nonetheless a warskak. And although he does not look the part, he is nonetheless an Aspect of Makuta. If anyone will understand him, I hope it will be you."

IC: Corrivalis - Fort Nektann

An Aspect that looks like a Toa? The enigmatic entities seemed able to take on whatever form they wanted, so he supposed it wasn't beyond the realm of possibility. He wasn't even going to pretend he fully understand what the creatures were or what they wanted. 

"Very well," he said. "And who's this other individual you said we need?"

@Conway

• Like 3

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax

Location - The Coliseum (4, 9), Private Workshop

With - (Great Being) Aurax

Saybo plucked the Cordak Blaster from the air. He emptied the gun, inspecting the ammunition. Slightly dusty, but nothing to stop them from functioning. He didn’t much like carrying explosives on himself, but Aurax had chosen this weapon for him, so it was perfectly what he needed in this scenario.

He spun the barrels. It was well greased and spun without a problem. Saybo aimed it at the far wall and pulled the trigger a dozen odd times. Loud clicks filled the air as the empty gun was fired blank. Every firing pin was functioning. This Cordak Blaster had been well maintained, if now it was a little dusty.

The Toa of Water grabbed several cases of ammunition for it, clipping it on the sides and back of his waist within easy reach. Then he flicked a droplet to the side of the room. He wished he didn’t need to put his mask back on so soon. There would be practically no rush to it.

He grabbed his Miru, dangling from the chain around his neck, and placed it on his face. Power filled him and he was once more connected to his element fully. His organic protodermis muscles grew in strength and a sense of pure clarity filled his mind. But the process was too recent in his memory and there were no deeper feelings, simply more of his emotionless state.

Saybo expanded the droplet of water to about the size of his chest. It sat clinging to the wall, ready for Aurax to throw plasma at it to create a steam smokescreen should they need it.

Then Saybo went to the only other exit in the workshop, calling the maintenance elevator with a press of a button. He left a droplet of water on the door, still small, and backed off, aiming his Cordak Blaster with both hands at the entrance. If anything other than an empty elevator or Vahki arrived, they would be met with a split second decision and then possibly rockets.

Unfortunately, his focus couldn’t remain in solely one place as he was constantly checking up on Aurax and the other entrance. And of course he made sure to astutely listen to all his Great Being had to say in case there was a command for him in there.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Eyru

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Light and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Kini-Nui (7, 10)

With - NPC Nuju

As Sidra and someone who seemed to be her friend, or at least acquaintance, walked away towards the bunkers, Sorilax finally finished processing what Nuju had said. He moved close to the Matoran, worry on his features and in his soul.

He had tried to mentally talk with Sala and couldn’t. He couldn’t even feel his mental connection to the Matoran. The spot in his mind was still there, but it was empty like a gaping void. Sala truly wasn’t on the same plane of existence as he was.

Why? Why had Sala felt compelled to do something so dangerous? Especially alone. Sorilax didn’t know enough about Matoran and their feelings to know for sure. All he knew was that he needed to go and try to help his friend. Sala had helped him so much with his Grand Wish already. Together they would help all Life.

He would find Sala and bring him back safely. His mind was made up.

Sorilax spoke with Nuju, concern clearly evident in his voice, “I cannot believe Sala would traverse the Far Shore alone. I continually realize Aspects and their minds are not like any other species. There is still so much to learn from my friend and fellow chronicler.” He paused, then continued, “Tell me, Nuju, though you offer no evidence of the Far Shore’s properties and functions, can you at least offer knowledge to help empower myself to search for the Makoki stone?” Sorilax figured if he found the Makoki stone, then that might just be the place where he could find Sala. “Secret or hidden knowledge of timelines or universes unseen from this plane. Taboos, techniques, or otherwise?

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Hahvok - Za and Ja Krana of Ice - Independent

Location - Underground

With - Marrow, Providence, Zak-Yak, Takadox

Slowly light was returning through the glowing, needing to be cleansed plants. Marrow and Tall Blue talked with each other as everyone went ever deeper. Hahvok plodded along, both of his pairs of short legs doing their best to keep up with the others.

He kept a constant lookout for more thoughts to enter his range, indicating other minds were near. Hopefully someone down here would be able to tell him his purpose.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @Burnmad @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

The engineer rolled his eyes, sighed, and began to transmit again.

"Yeah, we heard. You said in your grand announcement a minute ago that there's a Toa amongst those 'unhappy' people. Do you know who he is? Is he another one of Pridak's slaves, back to avenge his master, or an actual Toa gone rogue?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

He faltered midstep, remembering all too well what had become of the Toa they'd taken prisoner. "The warskaks won't appreciate Grime being killed, if that's what you mean."

@Conway

• Like 3

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

(Hush), Aurax thought to Stannis. 

“I was told that Zaliyah and Ostrox had brought a Toa from Metru-Koro. I don’t have any other information than that. Listen, I’d love to stay and chat, but I’m a bit preoccupied right now.”

And with that, Aurax ended his transmission. 

OOC: @BULiK

Edited by ~Xemnas~
  • Like 3

Knichou was running out of time, so as soon as Aurax stopped transmitting he responded with his own transmission, hoping that even if the traitor didn't want to speak, that he might still be able to hear Knichou's information before putting him on mute.

"Well Metru-Koro wants me to tell you that their leadership didn't sanction any Toa to aid in Zaliyah and Ostrox's... disagreements with you, and to confirm with you that whatever happens within Metru-Nui won't change the offer you had previously given for sanctuary."

• Like 2

"I'd suggest you wait until Barius' next raid and collect some heartlights then," he replied. "You have to understand, for all of the supposed savagery of the warskaks, even we have rules. Don't shoot the messenger, don't mess with another skak's ride, and don't hurt the bard being some of them." 

@Conway

• Like 6

IC: Knichou, Metru Koro, Bridge of the Taku

"Well then..."

The ex-Ghost swiveled his chair back around to awkwardly look at Nale and Vulimai.

"What now?"

• Like 1

IC: Drukarus (Fort Nektann)

"So tell me Barius...What are your intentions now with the prophet...Stannis? And why was it you allowed him and his companion to enter this fort?"

Barius wiped the remnants of Gore’s excellent cooking from his mouth. “To answer your last question first,” he muttered, “he promised a great reward for what seemed little effort.” Thinking back to when Stannis and Korruhn had arrived at the gates earlier that day, he recalled the line of reasoning he had constructed back then. “Given that the Toa claimed not to have been here for some time, I figured that if what he was looking for was still here, we didn’t stand any chance of finding it. I’m uncertain whether that was true, but nonetheless, the fulfillment of his wishes cost me little, and stands to gain me much.”

“That is...Reasonable.” Drukarus replied, as his mind went to work. Skakdi were not a generous race, seldom offering others any sort of favors without the promise of reward, which Stannis offered to Barius. But that wasn’t what lurked in his thoughts, as the implication that Stannis has been here before being a point of interest, one that Drukarus might have to ask the warmage himself, but that was for another time.

“And what of my first question?...And did he fulfill his promise?”

Barius nodded. “My intentions are to extract all of the information from him that he is willing to impart, and turn him back out into the desert. With his repaired aircraft, if the knowledge he offers is sufficient. That he will offer such knowledge is his promise, and though he has only just begun to fulfill it as yet, I do not plan to see him leave until he has.”

“I see...Well, usually the promise of knowledge lacks compared to the actual offering...But if knowledge is how Stannis intends to pay you...Then he will surely pay you with a dragon's hoard.” 

Mercy, honesty, very rare traits amongst the Skakdi...Or at least, the Skakdi from Drukarus’ Zakaz. Over the past few days, Drukarus has learned much of the Skakdi of these lands, the depths of their cruelty, the heights of their generosity, both far greater than those Skakdi from his own home. Though whether such traits were the traits of the people or the individuals, Drukarus was not yet certain. But Barius, though he may appear to be no more than the usual warlord, ambitious, selfish, power-hungry, there might be traces of finer qualities...Qualities Drukarus shall hope and pray upon.

“Barius...There is something I wish to discuss with you...Something that would be best said beyond the hearing of others.”

The warlord considered for a moment, before standing. He pushed his seat back in - an almost comically out-of-place bit of etiquette amidst the ravenous feasting that was occurring around him - and stretched. He suppressed a wince as his wounds pained him. “Let us move out of the mess hall, then. There will be few people out of doors, at this hour, especially with the cook’s feast being in here.” And, in any case, he had a peculiar desire to see the stars.

Rising from his seat, Drukarus took his maul from where he placed it against the wall as he slung it back onto its place upon his back, following after Barius, to wherever the warlord may lead.

And lead the warlord did; through the carved halls of the fortress, until they found themselves abruptly underneath the star-filled sky. “Right, well. What is it, then?” His words were to-the-point, but his expression suggested he was distracted. He did not meet his counterpart’s gaze, instead looking up at the sky above. Never had he noticed just how lovely was the twinkling of the myriad points of light which made their home in the firmament; they seemed locked in an eternal dance.

Seeing Barius' focus locked upon the stars, Drukarus, instead of snapping the warlord’s attention back to him and to the words which Drukarus was about to impart upon the warlord, he took the opportunity to help bring up his point. Joining Barius in his stargazing, Drukarus spoke in his stoic tones, but a vague impression of emotion was behind it, like some sort of father about to tell his son a fable tale, “Let me ask you something Barius...Do you know of any great figures amongst your history? Anyone of significant note.”

“Great figures?” Barius repeated, as if weighing the words by speaking them. It was an interesting question; he knew of Boss, who had ruled before him, and he knew vaguely of Nektann the Elder, who had ruled before Boss. He knew, as well, of Miserix, who supposedly had been an Aspect of advanced age and legendary power. It occurred to him that he did not know the shadowy figure’s fate; though he hoped she had perished alongside Boss in the transformative fires of Irnakk’s Tooth, he doubted he should be so lucky. No, more likely the darkling had escaped-- they were resourceful like that. Similarly, he knew of similar Aspects, like Spiriah.

It occurred to him, however, that he knew of no comparable figures among his own kind. Perhaps that was down to the respective lifespans of their kinds. Nonetheless, he sensed Drukarus was hinting at something with the query. “No,” he answered finally. “The memories of Skakdi do not persist far beyond their mortal forms, except in the minds of their direct descendants. Even then, it is only by virtue of their teeth, which are inscribed with their tale and kept as a keepsake.”

“I...See…” Drukarus let out a deep sigh of disappointment, even though a part of him expected such to be true, “Well then, let me tell you. Back upon my home, my Zakaz...There were orators, keepers of history...Though, one could only loosely call it as such, rather, it would be more accurate to describe it as once true tales that have grown into something else...But...In my long life, I have heard the tales of many orators, and I believe I have been able to distill the essential truth of many...Barius, look there, in that part of the sky. Do you see that set of stars?” Drukarus pointed up towards a constellation, that if traced, would create the vague shape of a vessel shearing through the waves...Though others might describe it as being a rather voluminous rear end.

“I do,” Barius replied after a moment’s pause, taken to locate the constellation the other Skak had pointed toward.

“Well, back in my home, that constellation was inscribed to one Captain White Spine, a fierce and ruthless pirate who stalked the waters of Zakaz and beyond. Amongst the Skakdi pirates, only he could near perfectly navigate the blockade that surrounded our island. He would then raid and pillage the settlements of far off islands, raiding lands home to Vortixx, Steltians, and even Toa. And whenever he would return, he would bring his plunder back to Zakaz. His piracy only ended when a conjoined fleet ambushed him on his way back from his latest run. Supposedly, he was stabbed twenty times and shot at least five before he finally died, with three strokes from an axe severing his head. In addition, his last words were as follows, ‘You may have my head, but I will have yours in the end if Irrnak doesn’t get you first’...Though some stories embellish that he said those lines after his head was severed.” 

As Drukarus spoke of his tale, a semblance of a faint smile began to take the old Skak’s face, as his words grew from their monotonous and stoic tone, though subdued they still were.

The older warlord’s conclusion elicited a single bark of laughter from Barius, who had up until now been seemingly enchanted by the story. “The indulgence of bards is a constant between our two worlds, then. Nonetheless, it is an entertaining tale; may we all have such glorious deaths as your Captain White Spine.” Though he ended his response there, his unasked next question was nonetheless obvious: Why are you telling me about him?

Drukarus’ brow furrowed and his brief smile returned to it’s stoic state, as if he read Barius’ mind and knew that the newly implanted warlord had missed the point so obvious to Drukarus. Letting out a brief cough to clear his throat, Drukarus spoke again as he pointed to another set of stars.

“Indeed, great tales are rarely ones that are forgotten, here, allow me to tell you another...Look there, do you see it? The great serpent, its head held by the grasp of the warrior. That is the great slayer, Throk.”

Barius raised a hand, signaling his desire to interject. “Am I to infer from these tales that you reckon I should wish to be a constellation, remembered by my descendants for centuries to come?”

Drukarus placed his free hand upon his chin as he thought upon Barius’ guess. With a gentle nod, Drukarus calmly spoke, “You are...Close. But there is something you are missing. I pray that you will see what I mean after this tale.”

Taking a deep breath, Drukarus correlated his thoughts as he told the tale of the Great Slayer Throk. “Throk was a mighty warrior, though unlike many others, did not seek a following nor fort to rule over. Rather, he was a slayer of monsters, of beasts. And, upon my Zakaz, the only significant body of freshwater was a lake within its center. But this lake was haunted by a great serpent, the length of which some say was spanning from one shore to the other. It was this serpent that made any attempt at claiming the fresh drinking waters nigh-impossible, as the creature would swallow any Skakdi who got too close, whole. But Throk, equipped with nothing but a harpoon, an axe, and several dozen other Skakdi to hold the great length of chain he brought with himself, was able to fell the beast. Using the harpoon and the length of chain, Throk and his cohorts dragged the beast for days and nights supposedly, till half its length was exposed. At which point, Throk, equipped with his mighty axe, battled the creature for nearly twice as long as it took to drag it out, till at last, the beast was felled, its head severed. But Throk soon died from the poisonous blood that leaked from the stump, the skull of the creature becoming his tomb…”

Barius nodded along slowly. This tale seemed less interesting to him than the last; too fantastical for his tastes. And, in any case, he was too busy trying to understand the subtext to enjoy it. Racking his brain, he struggled to gather Drukarus’ point. It occurred to him that Throk never saw the benefit of his own efforts; perhaps that was it?

“I hope you will not see fit to tell me a third story if I say that I am still uncertain as to your point. Is it that they’re both dead now?”

Drukarus let out a sigh of disappointment, his hope that Barius might have been able to understand their meaning being false, saddening the old Skak, but not defying his expectations. “No. No it is not...And I don’t intend to waste your time with another tale...The point is this. When most Skakdi hear a tale of another, and hear of their deeds, their first thought is ‘why should I care’...Hearing a tale of a long dead warlord and how he conquered acres of land does not inspire a Skakdi other than making them want to conquer more land than the warlord they heard about and prove that they are better...But these tales, that I told you. Nearly every single Skakdi I have asked knows of these tales and doesn't think ‘why they should care’. Rather than seeing them as challenges to surpass...They see these old Skakdi as heroes…”

“Captain White Spine...Though he was a scourge upon others, to the Skakdi, he was a generous soul, whose great wealth allowed any coastal settlements on Zakaz to bloom. He even allowed many Skakdi families a way off of the war-torn and polluted wasteland that was Zakaz, giving them another chance at a peaceful life. Throk, he hunted Rahi, not just for the sake of it, or the challenge, but because it brought safety and security to those Skakdi who couldn’t defend themselves. And killing the serpent? It allowed free drinking water to the whole of Zakaz! He is one of the reasons why we never fight there, to honor his name...That is my point Barius...You could conquer the entire world but...People only truly remember and honor those who had given onto others and not to themselves…”

A soft look marked the former warlord’s expression, as ancient memories of his home faded in and out of his mind, with the words he had spoken having almost been directed at himself rather than Barius.

Barius remained silent for some time, mulling the words over in his mind.

Or at least, pretending to. In truth, he was partially inclined to reject them out of hand. He did not value his legacy so highly that he was prepared to do charity for its sake; so what use was this monologue to him? Nonetheless, part of him resonated with the other Skak’s advice, and so he made a note to himself to think it over later. “You’ve given me something to think about, Drukarus,” he said, half-genuine. “I’ll keep that in mind.”

He looked around the empty courtyard of the desert oasis. “I think I will remain out here for a time; you may do as you wish. You’re an honorary Warskak for now; the fortress is open to you, bar my chamber-- and the larder, though I suspect you will find little there in any case, given tonight’s feast.” He shuddered at the realization of just how much food had been prepared for one night’s dinner.

Drukarus stood there for several seconds after Barius finished his sentence, the old Skakdi trying to read Barius as best he could; whether or not the younger Skak was genuine, whether they were inclined to heed Drukarus’ words or not...Whether or not he would have to commit to more drastic actions…

But Drukarus felt inclined to leave his words to settle in Barius’ and to not muddy them up with anymore. So, simply turning away, Drukarus returned to the fort, leaving Barius to his thoughts and the ancient stars.

OOC: @Burnmad Jammed Out With Burns.

IC: Vulimai (The Taku, Bridge)

"What now?"

"...we're back to sitting here."

"Not exactly. We can at least prepare, get those ships made and readied as we wait for the end of this...Civil war. Speaking of which, Toa Knichou, inform me immediately once a significant development occurs. Now if you excuse me, I have work to do." Getting up, Vulimai went and left the bridge, to return to her duties and prepare for the future.

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 3

IC: Whisper - The Taku

Vulimai would find Whisper waiting for her near the exit ramp. "Hello Captain," she said, in a tone that might have been considered cheery were it not coming from the mouth of an eldritch abomination. "I've returned from my hunt, with new power as promised."

@Sparticus147

• Like 3

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, The Taku

Vulimai was right, the only thing to do now was to go with the old plan. Knichou got out of the chair and exited the bridge with Vulimai. While she climbed the ladder, Knichou leapt over the railing and used his adapter armor's flight systems to slow his descent. He was immediately surprised to see a discolored Whisper stationed at the opening of the cargo bay, addressing Vulimai. Knichou approached the Aspect while Berys and Arnex watched, confused at sight of the captain commander's new Kanohi.

"Whisper? What are you talking about?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

IC: Reliable Narrator | Fort Nektann

As Drukarus passed back into the fortress, the shadows around him swirled. The lights flickered, like a crowded theater impatient for intermission during a long-winded performance. He felt the presence from the orb reaching out, and a candle snuffed out with a hush and spiraling thread of smoke. 

Don't count on it, the dark voice in his mind commented. 

OOC: @Sparticus147

IC: Grime | Fort Nektann

As Grime looked back towards Korruhn, he heard the faint echoes of somebody walking through the upper hallway that opened into the garage's metal catwalk. He looked upwards, curious to see who would appear.

OOC: @Nato the TravelerTraveler, @Conway

• Like 1

Happy chat.

14 minutes ago, BULiK said:

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, The Taku

"Whisper? What are you talking about?"

3 minutes ago, Tarn said:

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku (Bridge)

"And why are you pink now?"

"The lake of polluted protodermis has some powerful mutagenic qualities, strong enough to even effect a non-organic being such as myself," she said, glancing at one of her recoloured tendrils. "Probably best not to try to go swimming in it." 

Her four new kraata crawleded along the upraised tail, enticed forth by their natural instinct to infect the Kanohi of the beings before their mother. She gently curled her tail around them to stop them slithering off. "In answer to your question, I've just returned from creating my new kraata. Kraata that don't need to be grafted to a host body, and don't require any of you to murder anyone." 

@Sparticus147 @Tarn @BULiK

• Like 5

"I don't know. We parted ways after the funeral."

• Like 2

IC: Drukarus (Fort Nektann)

As Drukarus stepped away from Barius and returned to the fort, a familiar and sinister voice spoke within his mind.

Don't count on it

Although Drukarus' face did not express it, he mentally scowled at Miserix' statement. If anyone knew the lack of trustworthiness that Skakdi held, it was Drukarus, so for Miserix to imply something so obvious insulted Drukarus. But not only did Miserix insult Drukarus' intelligence, she also insulted Drukarus' faith in Barius. If Miserix held such an insight into his mind that he feared she did, then she knew just how much faith he had in the fresh warlord.

If Miserix sought Drukarus' favor, than they surely were lacking in their ability to persuade the former warlord.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Vulimai (The Taku, Cargo Bay)

"Hello Captain, I've returned from my hunt, with new power as promised."

Although Vulimai was sturdier than most Matoran, not even she couldn't help but let out a gasp at the sudden appearance of Whisper and her startling form.

"Oh, Whisper. That was...Fast?" Vulimai's expression became curious as she saw the four multi-colored worm-like creatures that seemed to be coiled around Whisper's lower form. "So...That is the power you promised? Worms?"

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn @Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

"Worms that grant power," she replied. "Allow one of my children to touch your mask, and you will gain a new element that blends with your existing one, as well as the ability of the kraata that touched you..." she held them aloft one by one as she listed their variations, "...Ice Resistance, Stasis Field, Sleep, and Laser Vision." 

• Like 2