Jump to content

Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay


Unreliable Narrator
 Share

Recommended Posts

IC: Nale Vella and Triage - The Taku

Nale simply magnetized herself to the floor as the airship began to move,
while Triage grabbed onto the doorway of the bridge, his satchel hanging loose by his side. Strapping the van down didn't seem like such a bad idea all of a sudden.

@BULiK

IC: Jutori - Stone Ruins

"Ah, son of a--"

The Toa of Gravity kicked up dust in frustration upon learning one of the Great Disks was required for the room, and in response to Atamai's own defeatedness. "We get this far and hit a dead end? I watched an entire temple crumble back home and we still found a way to solve the puzzle, we're a company! We don't give up so easily."

Jutori gestured to their Vortixx companion. "I like Collector's idea, it sounds kind of like cheating."


@Snelly@~Xemnas~@pokemonlover360@Harvali@Onaku@Vezok's Friend

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Yaushe and Mega - Nyoom

Yaushe's engine rumbled, and she was about to say something else when the ground started shifting beneath her. Sure enough, the cables were keeping her in place like a big seatbelt.

Mega chuckled a little, seated and belted, and said, "It's better than slidin' all 'round the place, ain't it?"

"... I guess. Maybe. Little bit."

@BULiK @A-tak-nid @Toru Nui

  • Like 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Keitara (Now would be a bad time for me to give her altitude sickness, eh?)

Kei was in no fit state to think too hard about this newest development. Slinging her shield across her back and straddling the ladder, she turned around. "Knichou, don't you go mistreating that poor van, okay? Make sure whoever is down there treats them right."

Without waiting for a reply, and while her mind was still slightly elsewhere, Kei hauled herself up the ladder onto the top of the Taku.

Away from the lights of Metru-Koro, the sky was a kaleidoscope of color. Kei's breath caught in her throat. A silky violet-blue ribbon of stars crossed the sky, twinkling like a pool of some exotic plankton.

Her feet shifted as Knichou continued to adjust the ship for takeoff. She should probably have waited a bit longer, but if she could have them cloaked from takeoff the Taku might have a better chance of evading notice. Shaking her head to dispel her enrapturement at the night sky, Kei readied herself.

Snagging her shield off of her back, Keitara drove its protosteel tines into the ship's hull plating. Locking her arm against its back, the technician observed her surroundings. See what the situation provides, she thought, find a way to use it.

Well… for an Av-Toa there wasn't much. Her bread and butter was light, was it not? But… there was still light here, was there not? Whispering, ancient starlight. A prickle started within her stomach. Strangely alien, but yet again not unfamiliar.

"A star's heart: still beating, still lit." She whispered under her breath. It must have been a line from a poem she'd heard somewhere. But yet… She was a Toa of Light. Starlight filled her veins just as protodermis did.

Placing her palm flat upon the Taku's hull, she let ghostly threads of starlight flow through her fingertips, weaving together with the faint glow coating the ship's surface. Once her net was woven taught, she twisted the skein just so.

Light flexed, and shadow flowed into the gaps. With a ripple, the ground far beneath Kei's feet became visible, and then to her momentary lurching discomfort so did she. But she composed herself, collecting her thoughts and keeping her breathing steady.

Her job had begun.

The Taku had vanished

(OOC: Okay, Taku. You're clear to proceed. @BULiK @Keeper of Kraata @Conway @Tarn)

Edited by TL01 NUVA
Got me times wrong, didn't I?
  • Like 1

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

                                       BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

                      "Just promise me something... don't let me go."

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Skyra Daring - Coliseum -

Skyra had become unusually silent the moment they'd all stepped into the corridor. Skyra was all too familiar with the stench of death, and this place was full of it. She didn't show her displeasure, other than the slight clench of her fists. She got onto the lift without a word. 

OOC:  @Tarn @EmperorWhenua @Toru Nui @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~

 

IC: Vashni - Ruins of Stone -

Vashni frowned, they needed a great disk, but they didn't have one. She wasn't sure how they could possibly proceed like this. As she thought about this both the Collector and Jutori seemed unwilling to give up. And Jutori was absolutely right, even when the puzzle back in Po-Metru had literally been destroyed, they still had managed to figure out a way forward, this was no different. 

"The puzzle suggests that we need the great disk to proceed forward...but is that necessarily true? Perhaps a replica is enough..." Vashni walked over to the writing of NUVA on the wall and brushed it with her hands curiously, she didn't expect to find anything useful but it never hurt to check with these sort of things right? 

@pokemonlover360 @Tarn @Onaku @~Xemnas~ @Harvali @Vezok's Friend

 

IC: Varian - Ruins of Fire -

Varian glanced around the ruins of fire, he'd followed Providence here, wherever here was. "Strange place..." 

@Burnmad @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg Profiles

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Taku:

Kat followed Keitara up the ladder as she continued to draw in heat from around her. The hull of the Taku became cold, wisps of condensation beginning to form as heat was drawn away and into the Toa of Fire. The air around Kat and Keitara however remained warm and comfortable, even as the altitude increased and the air thinned and cooled.

Once up on the hull, Kat stepped in front of Keitara, "Do you mind if I brace against your shield?" She asked, her tone slightly strained from the concentration needed to move around and speak and contain the energies swirling within her.

Keitara nodded.

Kat stood before her, her foot braced against the shield, the wind buffeting her face, small flashes of cool in the warmth that surrounded the pair.

Now she could concentrate.

She closed her eyes.

Her breathing slowed.

In.          Out.          In.           Out.

With each breath in, power welled from deep within her very being, an immense firestorm pulled from her very body and contained. Focused. Shaped in the way she'd been taught and trained and had become so second nature to her that Kat never even thought about the way she drew on the Flame anymore. She called upon it and it provided.

In.        Out.        In.         Out.

Power from fire had little to do with her physical abilities. Fire was a mental element. It could not be molded with hand and foot and body like ice or iron or stone. Nor was it able to strike invisibly and without warning like air or sonics or psionics. It, like it's opposite twin water, struck a balance of the elements. Both were powerful, and both would not hesitate to destroy their wielders if used improperly.

She couldn't risk letting the ships see her attack before the time was right, so Kat extended her arms forward, wrists together and palms out, with her fingers arched. But unlike before, no roiling ball of fury formed between them. Not yet.

In.         Out.        In.          Out.

 

 

 

 

Edited by The UltimoScorp
removed extraneous tim
  • Like 1

 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Parnassus | Nightmare Pits

"Who says I won't?" Parnassus said. "Who says that only one of us can ascend at a time?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

IC: Irna | Taku Bridge

There was something very beautiful about Keitara just then.

There was something very frightening about Keitara, as well.

"Skorm," Irna whispered. "What's happening?"

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata @TL01 NUVA

-Void

 
 
[ BZPRPG ]

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Conway said:

IC: Parnassus | Nightmare Pits

"Who says I won't?" Parnassus said. "Who says that only one of us can ascend at a time?"

IC: Corrivalis - Nightmare Pits

"I... still don't understand," he frowned, "If you were capable of this, why have you not already done it? And why pitch it to me rather than your chosen?" He gestured to Barius. 

@Conway

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Apex and Zak-Yak (Fire Ruins)

Zak-Yak was glad to be free from the tunnels, the wrath of a Shagrak Spawn was nearly as legendary as Shagrak himself. Upon reaching the surface, Zak-Yak was greeted by the blinding, searing, and horrific light of the sun. At least, that was what Zak-Yak was told it was like, but when Zak-Yak was exposed to the light of the sun, he only felt, big, powerful, and warm. But Zak-Yak didn't have time to bask, as it seemed that Providence had his attentions caught onto something and so, Zak-Yak followed alongside his master Varian.

...

Apex was beginning to get annoyed at whatever this being was, their talk of heretics and apostatized meant nothing to her and their refusal to reveal themselves did not help the irritation that was gnaw at the back of her mind. Her thoughts were only dragged away by the sound of another one of her kind making their appearance, alongside an entourage with some..blue creature, a..machine?..and a...Skakdi!

The pale, pathetic thing was seemingly hiding and clutching behind the legs of this, machine, and it was this skakdi that reminded Apex why she was here. "Alright then administrator! If the promise of power and strength that I came here for is not to be given, then I have other places to be instead." And with that, Apex exited the chamber, giving a snarl towards Xane and Enra and a glower towards the pitiful Zak-Yak, eliciting a yelp of fear from the wretch.

Exiting the Ruins, Apex took a moment to survey her surroundings, breathing in the ash and char filled air and the sight of barren trees and rock, the now hideous volcano bellowing out its stacks of deathly air. All of which reminded Apex of her goal, and the falsehoods that the Skakdi Xane spoke of.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Keeper of Kraata @Nato the Traveler @~Xemnas~ @Eyru @Onaku @Toru Nui @Burnmad @Vezok's Friend @Snelly @xccj @Edelgard @Jakura Nuva

IC: Drukarus (Stone Suva)

"Good, good, these matoran were willing to speak, if not reveal themselves. That was...acceptable, for the moment." As Drukarus thought to himself, thinking upon the matoran's words, the sun bore ever on against his back. Although Drukarus had endured the sun's heat, simply standing as tall and as proud as he did, did not make it feel any less hot.

Pulling out his maul, Drukarus dropped it, head first, into the sand. His hand slidding down the thick metal handle of it has he allowed his full weight to drop into the sand, him landing in a crisscrossed position as he sat a distance away from the matoran. Drukarus could at least trust that this matoran was willing to speak with him, but their invisible companion filled him with far less trust. With an ease garnered through experience, Drukarus ever so subtly channeled his elemental strength through the head of the maul, making a several bio radius around him increase in gravity by three times the normal amount. "That should stop any wanna-be assassins."

You … don’t look like the Skakdi I remember…I…I couldn’t have forgotten that much, could I?

"No Mahrika, your memory does not fail you. If you are a native to this island then I would be considered a foreigner, as I hail from a world far-off and now displaced from here." Drukarus spoke, smoothly and calmly, a matter-of-factness lining his tone as he pointed towards the head in the distance. 

"You say the skakdi of this land destroyed your people..." Drukarus paused once again, taking in the words they spoke, thinking them over and formulating a proper response. "That is...unsurprising. If the skakdi of this land are like the skakdi I know, then destruction is most certainly within their nature. To be honest, I can guess the destruction they have caused is more then just towards your people, I can guess at how this island has suffered from their hands...Senseless, wasteful, disappointing...Truly a shame what they have done."

OOC: @Harvali @Burnmad

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro

The trio made their way quickly to Nixie's hut, where the astrologer was already busy dismantling her telescope. The hut was in disarray, with pages of notes and charts scattered around like fallen leaves. Taja and Iradra took over dismounting the telescope, as their strength was better suited to the task, while Nixie began gathering up only the most vital of her notes. There wasn't time or room for all the things she wanted to save, so she had make choice after agonizing choice. Her half-completed map of the Zakazian sky? A must-save. A six-year-old chart of Metru-Nui's constellations? It hurt to leave behind, but what good was it now? Those skies were empty; those stars were no longer lit. It was only a piece of history now.

Before long, she had collected a box of materials to keep. Meanwhile, Taja had not forgotten her years of work in the astronomy towers, and the telescope was already dismounted. She helped her friend gather a few more sheafs of papers, then regretfully indicated that there was no more time. They left the hut with everything they could carry, but there was even more they had no choice but to abandon.

The streets were quiet now, all the other residents having fled to the caves. Taja, Iradra, Whisper, and Nixie followed their example, setting a quick pace through the empty village toward the refuge.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Onaku @Vezok's Friend

 

IC: Tuakana | Ruins of Fire

Apex snarled and howled, as was her wont, but they seemed not to hear. Their mind was elsewhere. For a moment, they thought they could hear something far away. A voice composed of background noise. Words made of rippling water and windsong. Then it faded, and they returned.

They surfaced again, as if from a doze, and realized that they still awaited an answer. This place surely held secrets long-forgotten. They had been summoned, but perhaps there was more here for them than the Ringer alone. These seekers sought it too. Power? Knowledge? Whatever the treasure, it would not be denied them.

"Admin...istrator," they said, their stilted voice stumbling through the unfamiliar syllables. "How may worth be proven?"

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Whisper - Metru-Koro

She flapped haphazardly after the others, dangling lower to the ground due to the pieces of equipment and sheaves of papers awkwardly tangled in her coils. She still didn't understand the point to preserving such things.

Was it purely sentiment, or was there some purpose to these... things?  What was the significance of these objects? And if the records were of importance, why scrawl them on paper instead of carving them into stone where they would stand vigil for centuries to come? 

Recognising the sensitivity of the situation, she kept her questions to herself, and followed in dutiful silence. 

@Eyru @Vezok's Friend

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Skorm (The Taku)

Skorm's eye's widened. He was no fool, he knew though he enjoyed a broad spectrum of powers thanks to his dual elements, he was used to being the only Toa of Light and/or Shadow in the room. Sometimes he forgot what feats a full Av-Toa could do.

He turned his mask towards Irna, not taking his eyes off of Keitara. "She's... bending the light around the ship. We're effectively invisible. I don't think I could do that with something as big as my car."

OOC: @Conway @TL01 NUVA

The times, they are a-changing...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Drukarus (Stone Suva)

"Oh, there you are, glad to know you went trying something that was going to fail..." Drukarus said with a level, unalarmed voice, taking a few moments to take in the matoran's words, wondering if their is something from that he could use for his benefit.

"You are from the same place as me as well matoran...Then do you know who I really am? Because if you did, then you would know that I was once apart of the League, that I was a great and capable warrior, one that toa and other members of the League feared. And, if you knew of my home of Zakaz, then you would know that I was once a warlord myself, one who demanded discipline and obedience from my skakdi, that I was one of the few capable of making the savages that are my people into soldiers, being able to contain their destructive nature for...better causes." 

Drukarus said this and more, although his words spoke of someone to fear, he hoped that the subtler meaning within his speech would translate to these matoran, whether both of them are from the head or not, he hoped to say that he is against the League, that he is not like other skakdi, and that he is someone who can put the skakdi back in line.

OOC: @Harvali @Burnmad

Edited by Sparticus147
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Marrow - The Wastes / Irnakk's Tooth

Gradually the searing heat of the sun gave way to the beginnings of frigid evening as the sun began to sink towards the horizon. The sands beneath Marrow's feet became hard rock, and the trail he was following drifted away from panicked, scattered fleeing, to become a more coordinated ascent. 

This wasn't the way to their camp. It appeared the warskaks had taken a detour to their accursed Nightmare Pits. 

Marrow had never understood their twisted reverence for the unsettling site. Above ground or below, his ever instinct screamed at him to flee every time he drew close to the place. But if they had gone there, then the warskaks intended something terrible, something that might very well turn around the defeat they'd recently endured. 

He had to strike them while they were weak. And so, he continued following their trail, his every sense straining for the sound of anyone else nearby.

OOC: Marrow open for interaction, near Irnakk's Tooth 

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Parnassus | Nightmare Pits

"You think it's so easy?" Parnassus said. They looked over at Corrivalis with a sneer. "You think I could just snap my fingers and become engraved in legend? I can do many things, warskak, but even have to exercise patience on occasion."

The Aspect turned their gaze back to the fight at hand.

"My chosen," they said, "may eventually become a great emperor. If he so chooses, and if he follows my guidance. And through him, I will ascend even higher. I may be loathe to admit it, but no one is an island. And no one being can succeed without the aid of another, and another, and another. That is true of warskaks and of Aspects, as well."

It was then that their sneer changed, melting into a thin line across their face.

"And so I give you this offer, as well, Corrivalis."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

IC: Irna | Taku Bridge

"By Karzanhi...."

Irna was in awe -- she had never seen anything like this before, not even whenever a Turaga had come to her village on the Northern Continent, or during her tenure with the League. It was impossible to be more than a little impressed. But she also couldn't forget the swamp, and Keitara curling into seemingly nothing in the back of a cargo hauler.

"Is this safe?" she asked Skorm. "Will Keitara be...."

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata @TL01 NUVA

-Void

 
 
[ BZPRPG ]

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC Mahrika - Suva of Stone

Mahrika stayed mostly behind the Suva, but still spoke up, “What is the head, is it connected to the creation of that new … mountain…” She trailed off, as she finally saw the glint of the sun reflected on the colossal mountain, now finally looking at the mountain at a different angle. Could … could it be … was it possible?

That mountain, it couldn’t … is it a head? You came from inside it?” She hung back, still wary, optics darting back and fortune. Whether or not he was not one of the Skakdi who destroyed this land, his breed’s natural power alone, and he talked of being a warlord, she had to be ready to bolt. Maybe he could control the worst of the Skakdi, but she only had his word. And she … she was too far out of practice interacting with people. She couldn’t reliably know if a Matoran was lying, let alone a Skakdi.

But while she felt her heart pound, she needed to know, “Where did the head come from? I … there was a great quake, collapsed my refuge. The head it’s … it couldn’t be a Tren Krom, could it?” 

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Burnmad
 

 

  • Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Conway said:

IC: Parnassus | Nightmare Pits

"My chosen," they said, "may eventually become a great emperor. If he so chooses, and if he follows my guidance. And through him, I will ascend even higher. I may be loathe to admit it, but no one is an island. And no one being can succeed without the aid of another, and another, and another. That is true of warskaks and of Aspects, as well."

It was then that their sneer changed, melting into a thin line across their face.

"And so I give you this offer, as well, Corrivalis."

IC: Corrivalis - Nightmare Pits

Intrigued despite his initial disinterest, Corrivalis took the hook. "And what would you require of me in return - besides a heartlight, obviously."

@Conway

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Ulkarr and Tekmo (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Taku, The Bridge)

Ulkarr seemed visibly uncomfortable as elemental light energy surrounded him, but he didn't say anything. He wondered if the Aspect who had implanted Keitara's Kraata had felt similar discomfort during the rite.

Tekmo was also rather uncomfortable. He remembered what happened the last time Keitara exerted herself like this. He also couldn't feel somewhat jealous, as it seemed like Keitara's power dwarfed his own.

@TL01 NUVA@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@BULiK@Tarn

 

IC: Achro (Onu-Metru, The Archives, Vault Exterior)

"Ah. The old zappers treatment. Don't bother getting up, fellas, I'ma try something." Achro reached for his makeshift rifle, and began unloading armour-piercing rounds into the vault door. The four warriors took cover beneath the hail of bullets. They were not having a good day.

@EmperorWhenua@Onaku

 

IC: NU-8020S (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Vahki Transport)

NU-8020S's head slowly twisted three-hundred and sixty degrees after hearing Triki's 'suggestion'. She then looked out the window of the Transport. "One of the organics has left the temple. One is easier to deal with than the whole, but from what I can gather, he possesses an irrational hatred of 'Skakdi', which you two seem to be. Which is why I will send my kin to speak with him instead." She communicated instructions in the Vahki tongue to two of her squad members, who took the tablet with information on Takadox with them.

The two exited the Transport and made their way towards Apex. "If this creature should prove to be as unreasonably hostile to Vahki as well as Skakdi, we will move in to assist, and apply more forcible questioning."

@xccj@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@Sparticus147

 

IC: Waveahk (The Coliseum, Elevator)

Waveahk really, really didn't want to be in an elevator in the depths of the Coliseum again. Not after what happened last time, and not after witnessing the aftermath of how the benevolent Toa treated their prisoners. He wasn't sure what he should be more worried about - the brutal warlord they were here to kill with delusions of empire, the would-be king with delusions of grandeur, the jabbering old fool with delusions of righteousness, the drunkard and the steroid-abuser with delusions of competence, or... whatever it was that gave him this 'Kraata', as Sorilax called it.

He mentally prepared himself for Aurax's inevitable betrayal... and Stannis's. After all, why keep around the filthy heathen once the threat of the League had been eliminated?

@EmperorWhenua@Tarn@Snelly

 

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Taku, Cargo Bay)

Navu emerged from one of Yaushe's door. "Ah, it feels good to be aboard a ship and be aboard it willingly... are you OK, Yaushe?"

@ZippyWharrgarbl@A-tak-nid

 

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire)

Enra visibly relaxed upon Apex's departure, and turned to address Xane and Rangi. "Right then. If he's going that way, I vote we go in that direction." She pointed to the portal.

@Nato the Traveler@Onaku@Eyru@Keeper of Kraata@Burnmad@Snelly@Sparticus147

 

IC: Gnabol (Wilderness, Aqua Sphere Trail, Apex's Prison)

"So, I'm the stay-at-home parent, then?" Despite his grumblings, Gnabol did take the Skaklets off Mazor so he had more room for movement as he went 'hunting'.

He couldn't help but wonder if the babies had any memories of before they were remade young by the waters of the Aqua Sphere. Perhaps he could... no, he would not intrude into the minds of infants just to satiate his curiosity. But still, there were many questions about the Sphere still unanswered... and about his partner, as well. He still didn't fully trust Mazor, but he had done nothing to warrant distrust. Yet.

@Smudge8

Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC Stannis | Coliseum

Nobody spoke for a while in the confines of the elevator for a while as all their thoughts were in other directions or inward focused, but the ride up was long and almost painfully slow. The service worker elevator was not just unkempt, it was also one of the older portions and not as up-to-date as the fancy chutes used in the public areas. The gentle hum of the engine often shifted to a momentary grinding whir, tempting the ones inside with the momentary fear that it could simply jam halfway up and leave them stuck, before the even hum returned and those worries were once again drowned by more the looming concerns of betrayal and combat. 

It was the old man who finally broke the silence of the lift, his curiosity getting the better of him as his own thoughts ebbed without a predictable pattern until he couldn't help but ask about the expedition to the islets. "I wish to know what happened in the southron swamp." He turned around to face the others, though it was more of a ponderous shuffle in the confined space. "I know something happened; you did not have a chance to get to the Kumu Islets. What transpired?"

@Toru Nui

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - The Rig (9, 8), Uraborask’s Abode

 

Halting stutterings filled the confines of Cube as pistons and cogs and springs tried to overpower the tether of gravity. It sounded like an ACR that refused to start. The entire contraption shook as it tried to achieve liftoff. A strange bright green sludge started to drip from one of the ports, filling the air with the smell of a strong sea breeze and dead fish. The odd contraption shook ever more vigorously and finally a piece exploded from the chassis with a bang, wedging itself into the nearby protosteel wall.

Having had been watching it using his X-ray vision, Cravious growled in frustration, chucking a wrench at the thing. The wrench bounced weird and struck Cravious in his good foot. He paused, seething, before donning his welding mask and absolutely destroying his pitiful attempt at flight with flame and anger.

Eventually, his breathing slowed. He gathered what was left and took it to his forge. He would melt down all this scrap and re-purpose it later. Nothing could be taken for granted out in the wasteland. Especially not metal.

As he contemplated why he had failed once again an idea slowly formed in his mind. Perhaps if he could study some flying Rahi, he might get closer to flight. But, most flying Rahi were in the Fau Swamp, and it was absolutely not monetarily efficient to try to explore the swamp's depths on his own. He would be much better served fulfilling orders and sending someone else to go collect what he needed.

But who? Who was reliable enough to navigate the swamp and make it back and not double cross him?

Only a single name came to his mind: Uraborask. That weirdo apex Rahi hunter. But he had never been in Cravious’ debt, and that right there was testimony enough.

Most careless Skakdi would think of an unpaid debt as nothing, a normal backstab in a double crossing society, but Cravious saw differently. To deny him what was rightfully his was the pinnacle of all evils. That right there was why he had made Debt Collector, why he wrote the names of all those his ACR had… rightfully acquired “compensation” from.

Yes, Uraborask would do.

Cravious grabbed proper payment (Plus some extra just in case) and exited Cube, entering the hustle and bustle of the Rig. Hadn’t the Rahi weirdo lived on the outskirts or something? Cravious strode about, easily seeing over most other Skakdi due to his height. The smell of food mixed with the general smell of exhaust filled the air almost visually. It cleared slightly as he left the Rig proper. An hour later and markedly more frustrated, Cravious finally found a building decked out with dead Rahi parts. This had to be the place.

A fairly recently dead Skakdi greeted him, the smell letting him know that Uraborask was either close or recently deceased.

Not wanting to set off any traps that most certainly had to be there, Cravious cupped his hands over his mouth and called out, “Uraborask! I have a business proposition for you.

No answer.

Waiting a few moments, Cravious called out again, “Uraborask, are you home? I seek to employ you.

Curses, he wasn’t home. Or maybe he had recognized Cravious’ voice and didn’t want anything to do with him. Or he was dead. That could be very likely.

Still, Cravious grew more frustrated. He wished he had one of his underlings around to beat up to let some steam off.

 

OOC: @Sparticus147

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Misspelled a name.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Parnassus | Nightmare Pits

"Assistance," Parnassus said, lowering their voice. "If we're to ... ascend, to put it crudely, there are several steps that must be taken. Some of which are rather ... private."

The Aspect let their head tilt to one side, in the direction of where the two would-be warlords still duked it out.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

-Void

 
 
[ BZPRPG ]

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Corrivalis - Nightmare Pits

"Assistance is something I would be capable of providing," he intoned, nodding, "And your secrets are your own. I gain nothing from betraying your trust." 

It wasn't as if there was a queue of beings lining up to beseech him for support. 

@Conway

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Drukarus (Stone Suva)

"Tren Krom, never heard of that one before...I do not know this name or title you speak of...T r e n   K r o m...Interesting word it is..." Drukarus pondered the situation at hand. Maybe he was being too hasty in the situation, his statement seemed to do little to ease the matoran's nerves...and this game of back and forth was so far not going anywhere. At least not anywhere in his benefit.

"As for the head you keep referring to as a mountain. Yes, I did indeed come from it, there lies a city within it...Metru-Nui was what it was called if I am not mistaken, the city of legends wasn't it called unnamed matoran? As for where the head came from..." Drukarus raised his clawed gauntlet straight up, pointing towards the waning sky and sun, "...it came from up there, in fact, the rest of the body is probably still orbiting this world..as well as..the rest of my world and people." 

Drukarus dropped his clawed hand onto his lap, his gaze going distant and his thoughts being silenced at the thought of his people again, the people that may as well be dead at this point...

OOC: @Harvali @Burnmad

IC: Apex (Fire Ruins)

Surveying and taking in the scene that surrounded her, Apex's senses were drawn towards the sound of two sets of footsteps as they crunched against the charred earth. Reeling her head in the direction of the sound, Apex bore witness to...two more machines!? "Great, first skakdi, and now these things...What else, a tahtorak raging down the mountainside?"

"Machines, cease your approach and identify yourself!" Apex growled out towards the two vahki, her stinger rising ever so slowly over her wings.

OOC: @Toru Nui

IC: Uraborask and Skrillix (The Rig)

Uraborask and Skrillix left Yoshimak's with a full belly each, a bag of leftovers in one hand, and still half a pouch's worth of widgets to spare. Uraborask was having a good day, and coming back to his truck unmolested by looters or skaklets was also a good sight. Uraborask was honestly starting to show a real smile of joy with his lovely hapaka, Skrillix, sitting in the front seat with him...That is, until he got home and saw another skakdi standing outside it.

Uraborask turned towards Skrillix, and with a stern voice, told the hapaka to stay in the truck as Uraborask got out of the truck and began to approach the skakdi. "Are you a looter, because if you are, then I suppose I need to put up more skulls and spines. Honestly, two in one day would be quite the deal."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Achro (Onu-Metru, The Archives, Vault Exterior)

"Ah. The old zappers treatment. Don't bother getting up, fellas, I'ma try something." Achro reached for his makeshift rifle, and began unloading armour-piercing rounds into the vault door. The four warriors took cover beneath the hail of bullets. They were not having a good day.

IC Hiripaki | Archives

The bullets pierced the vault door with ease and sliced their way into the metal as Achro expected. Past the door, in the intermediary chamber, the bullet fragments bounced about as shrapnel, harmlessly shooting dozens of spark showers from the walls they struck but were too spent of velocity to do anything damage. 

What Achro realized, or would realize if he possessed the perception, was the holes he had shot in the vault door lingered for a moment until a faint humming sound could be discerned. The source of that noise was unplaceable, but somehow it was how the vault door seemed to repair itself. The holes, there an instant before, suddenly closed up until all there was left was a tiny mark of welding, like a scar, that was sure to vanish in time as well. 

The Intelligence, however, said nothing. In response to the shooting, however, the clearly threatened Vault intelligence activated another protecc function. On either side of the door small parapets opened and revealed twin faces that looked like diminutive matoran faces without their masks. The eyes of these faces abruptly lit up and then flashed red laser beams that swept the ground around the vault exterior, slicing through everything and everyone they came in contact with as far as the laser power permitted.

One of Archro's mooks, not realizing the danger fast enough, was caught across the waist by a beam. It did not cut fully through the soldier and passed by just as quickly as it struck, but the mook's relief quickly transformed into terror as he tried to take a step and his upper body fell away backwards with the uncut section as a gruesome hinge, like a tall book thrown open. He flopped to the floor, screaming as he did, and then his cries subsided. 

Protecc! Hee hee! the AI thought. It had been a long time since it had been this in danger. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

(Reliable Narrator)

IC: Coliseum, Private Floor 49 Reception

Aurax proved the subtle dangers of the mask of charisma once more as the vortixx looked over the mask and nodded. The vortixx took another long look at the booking software on their iStone, absentmindedly tapping the rhythm of an outdated pop song with one hand while they searched. “Well, I was told Barraki Pridak is unavailable for meetings, but you both did say he asked to see you right away. I can try and get in contact with him, see if he’s still upstairs. Hold on.”

The vortixx quickly typed something, slammed the enter key, and waited. A frown followed moments later.

“He says he’s out.”

IC: Ice Ruins

“The device is a lock requiring a key,” the Administrator said in response to Sidra’s question. “It does not provide power, only restricts access to a great boon for the chosen one. No Korruhn, you are not the first apostatized to enter this chamber. Often they come for redemption, or to seek the teachings of the Krom for their own twisted whims. After centuries of silence, this temple went offline. I only regained access after you three reopened the temple. The Northern temple of stone and the Southern temple of air have also been brought back online.”

IC: Fire Ruins

“For you, only forgiveness upon seeing you aid those who still follow the Krom. You have fallen to the darkness. For those who are still pure and hold the Krom in their hearts, the challenges beyond may prove their worthiness,” replied the Administrator to Tuakana. The Administrator made no comment to those who left, letting them pass freely out into the volcanic wasteland.

IC: Boss | Nightmare Pits

Crushing his hands against Boss’s skull, Barius yelled his challenge and called Boss weak. They struggled on the ground, blood pouring from Barius’s open wound. Boss clung to the knife inside his enemy, twisting the blade, gouging deeper even as he felt the metallic skin of his head throbbing under the pressure. The sunken portion of his skull where eyes once rested threatened to collapse.

“You know nothing of strength,” Boss yelled as he fought to hold on. It took all his concentration to keep blinding Barius.

 

OOC: Please let me know if you've been missed.

Happy chat.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - The Rig (9, 8), Uraborak’s Abode

With - Uraborask

 

Cravious’ annoyance grew into anger as he waited. His time was far too precious to spend here waiting. He had half a mind to…

The rumble of an engine came near as someone pulled up in a vehicle. Cravious’ skilled eyes looked it over, his anger quickly forgotten as he studied a rival mechanic’s work. The body seemed standard, too standard to house elemental dampener components. Other parts seemed ramshackled together, but this was to be expected in the Rig. None of them stood out as hiding weaponry of any kind. It seemed to be merely a vehicle, though one could never tell for sure. Perhaps he could sell this an cool dude an upgrade.

A burly, no, bestial Skakdi climbed out, issuing orders to something in the vehicle. His green coloration standing out amid the background, yet the brown at times seeming to fade into the distance. The Skakdi spoke, “Are you a looter, because if you are, then I suppose I need to put up more skulls and spines. Honestly, two in one day would be quite the deal."

The question implied residence of this location. Cravious had found the right Skak. He smiled with selfish intent, “Not a looter, no. If you are Uraborask, I wish to hire you.” Cravious held up the bag that held the money he had brought and shook it, confident in his own ability to keep it safe, even against an imposing figure such as Uraborask.
 

OOC: @Sparticus147

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Ruins of Ice

"Okay, so not another version of Nuparu's machine," she sighed. The Administrator had said this place had been locked down for centuries, which meant the connection between this place and the Matoran Universe went back a very long way... or Mata Nui's entire severed head had somehow been transported to one of the alternate universes Tuyet had mentioned. 

Either way, it seemed there was no further progress to be made without the key. But the Great Disk of ice was gone. She'd seen it destroyed. Maybe there was another disk out there, or the old one could be reforged, or- "What is this boon you speak of?" She asked, realising there was no point in fussing over to how to get through the next lock if she didn't know what she was trying to get to in the first place. 

@Unreliable Narrator

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Uraborask and Skrillix (Uraborask's Shack)

A snarled poured out of Uraborask now present frown at the mention for being hired for another job. Uraborask was about to perhaps rebuff the skakdi when a ruckus of a sound came from behind him as Skrillix somehow managed to make her way out of the truck and proceeded to dash back towards Uraborask, yaps coming out the little hapaka's snout before she took noticed of the other skakdi that was there. Stopping for a moment, Skrillix stared at the skakdi with a cocked gazed before coming over to sniff at the skakdi's feet before Uraborask called out at the hapaka.

"Skrillix! Heel hound...Humph, what is it you want skakdi?" Uraborask said with arms crossed, the hapaka sadly walking back towards Uraborask.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Sparticus147
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - The Rig (9, 8), Uraborak’s Abode

With - Uraborask

 

Cravious eyed the Hapaka warily, before realizing it was just a pup. It didn’t even appear to properly follow orders yet. Cravious looked once more upon Uraborask. This Skakdi didn’t look the soft type, and in that case this most likely wasn’t a trick to lower his defenses. In all likelihood the hound was as of yet untrained. A liability perhaps? It better not mess with Cravious’ job in any way.

The bestial Skakdi called out to his Rahi, “Skrillix! Heel hound...Humph, what is it you want skakdi?

I am seeking to hire you to go and retrieve for me two flying Rahi or insects. The larger the better. Preferably one with wings and one that can hover. They are to be killed, then transported here. Or kill them after transportation, whichever you prefer. However I ask that their flying functions remain intact. Delivery will be wherever and whenever you see fit. I’m sure someone of your caliber can find me anywhere.

Cravious weighed options in his head, but no, this Skakdi wasn’t to be messed with, “I’ll pay you your going rate for two marks, plus an extra full mark for the specialized requests. Half paid now, the other half upon my receiving of the specimens.

 

OOC: @Sparticus147

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Enra visibly relaxed upon Apex's departure, and turned to address Xane and Rangi. "Right then. If he's going that way, I vote we go in that direction." She pointed to the portal.

IC: Tuakana | Ruins of Fire

"Then we will follow," they said patiently, speaking for those Aspects who remained. "And receive what we were summoned for."

OOC: @Toru Nui

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OOC: I'm assuming that the Taku has levelled out, will edit if this isn't the case

IC: Yaushe and Mega - Taku

To Navu, Yaushe rumbled and ground out, "I guess. Don't like being tied down, but... not much of a choice."

"Wanna hop in my gun again, hun?" Mega asked Yaushe, climbing out herself. If Triage was looking her way, she offered him a smile and a wink.

"Thanks, but guns don't really move on their own all that well, either. I'll manage. Not much else I can transfer into. Besides, even tied down, nothing beats my van."

@Toru Nui @A-tak-nid @Tarn

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
Just adding the last note
  • Like 2

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella and Triage - The Taku

Nale decided to welcome Mega's group before the airship arrived, get them up to speed, and maybe get an understanding of this "haunted van" business. "I'll be back," she said to Knichou, placing a hand on his shoulder, before leaving the bridge and passing by Triage, who was looking towards the cargo bay and smiling at something (before noticing the Toa of Magnetism and changing expression). She then hopped down, forgoing the ladder.

"Welcome aboard. I hope you're all prepared. We're going to be doing a little airship boarding, so this might get interesting."

She looked at the van, crossing her arms. "And what's up with...you know?"

@BULiK@ZippyWharrgarbl@A-tak-nid

Edited by Tarn

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Yaushe - Perfectly Normal Van Talk

"Who, Mega?" Yaushe asked, feigning confusion. "She's my mechanic. Darn good one. You got a problem with that?"

@A-tak-nid @Toru Nui @Tarn

  • Like 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC [Nixie]:

Nixie stuck close to Taja as they made their way to the “new archives” - a fancy name for a big cave. The astronomer was breathing heavily from the weight she carried. Two bags full of charts, each hanging from a diagonal strap across her torso, a loaded backpack and some she merely bound together into tight stacks with flax rope.

“I’m so...grateful...for the help.” she huffed. “And sorry...to make you take down...the telescope...so soon after helping...to set it up.”

The Matoran was anxious, which made her talkative.

“But the work...I don’t know what it means yet...but the stars we used to study...I noticed similarities...too many to be coincidence. It was all through the eyes of the great spirit - literally. We only saw a glimpse of the universe. There is so much more….think what we could learn.”

OOC: @Eyru
 

 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

"We're acquainted," Nale replied. "I meant the fact that according to Triage--who as far as I know is still sane--the van is...a person?"

She sighed. "...and that's who I'm talking to right now, isn't it."

@ZippyWharrgarbl

Edited by Tarn

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Yaushe - Perfectly Normal Van Talk

Curses. She'd ruined a chance to mess with Triage. Though, the first time she did the whole Normal Van trick, he'd looked like he was going to cry, and that would be pretty mean to do again.

"You could say that," she said instead. "And yeah,  I'm a person. A Toa, in fact. Just missing the corporeal bits."

@A-tak-nid @Toru Nui @Tarn

  • Like 2

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Mazor-Aqua sphere trai, Apex's former prison

"Look," Mazor made eye contact with Gnabol. "I didn't want to get saddled with these younglings any more than you do, but it would be cruel to just leave them to die." He turned to leave, loading a weakness disk into his launcher. "I'll try to be back in an hour."

  • Like 1

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC Mahrika - Suva of Stone

Mahrika swallowed it … it seemed impossible that such a gigantic being could exist, one so colossal their severed head was a mountain. She struggled to remember what she knew of her people’s gods, it had been so long ago. She remembered Tren Krom, Mata-Nui, the Kaita as a concept, but the details were sparse. The millennia lurking in her cave had ruined her sense of time and the past. 

She remained wary as her thoughts raced, even if he was not a part of the Skakdi who destroyed her home, she knew the powers they could weld. If he went aggressive, she would die. Maybe keeping him calm was the right move? After all, she had no practice using these boots, she wasn’t sure she could rely on them to escape or fight. 

The Ga-Matoran swallowed, “What do you want?” She was going to say more, when Vokarda thumped against her chest. She took that as a cue to stop talking, let him say what he wanted before she risked revealing anything too valuable. 

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Burnmad

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

Nale's eyebrows went up at the knowledge Yaushe was a Toa. For a moment she debated asking the question that was now plaguing her thoughts and whether it would offend the van-Toa, but this was something entirely new to her. The prospect Yaushe had just always been a van crossed the Fa-Toa's mind as well, but that was ridiculous. Right?

"Forgive my ignorance and possible intrusion, but...how did you end up like this?"


@ZippyWharrgarbl

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Yaushe - Taku

"Fatal crushing injury, if I had to guess. Turns out van lifts aren't all that stable in an earthquake. Woke up like this... and my old body was underneath. Not very alive. Or alive at all."

Yaushe paused.

"Preferred the van ever since. Not as fragile. And, since I can't remember all that much before this... it keeps me..."

Storm's comin', Yaushe

Keep yourself tethered

"... feeling tethered. To my old self, that is. Pretty sure I lived in here before."

@Toru Nui @A-tak-nid @Tarn

  • Like 2

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Eyru locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...