Cot Short Stories Contest #2: Results!

Velox

versionb.png

First Place: Entry #8: Sherlock Holmes and the Missing Christmas Presents - By Kumata (Mystery)

Second Place: Entry #5:

Gifts - By Yukiko (Steampunk, elements of fantasy and post-apocalyptic)

Third Place: Entry #4:

Krampus - By The Power that Is (Fantasy)

Fourth Place (Tie): Entry #7:

Souvenirs - By Legolover-361 (Apocalypse)

Fourth Place (Tie): Entry #2:

Christmas Time on Hope VI - By xccj (Sci-Fi)

Prizes: Kumata will receive a copy of A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens. Not only is it a Christmas Classic, but it is a Christmas Crossover story as well, with both Christmas and Fantasy (ghosts) as its focus. Prizes are not unlikely to surface for other placers, but unresolved as of yet. Will be finalized within a few days. Again I'd like to give a huge thank you to our contest judges and their speedy...well, judging:-Tolkien-Eeko-55555-VeloxI know it was hard for them (including myself) to rank the entries, as while we only had a few entries, all were fabulously written, and they were all a joy to read. I would also like to thank a few others. Firstly, to 55555 who was my fellow host and whose help is invaluable. I'd also like to thank Ziko and Zeddy for their assistance. Furthermore, I'd like to thank in a special way xccj who has been a great help in both this and the Short Stories #8 Contest, always ready and willing to give his advice and offer his help when 5 5's and I called. And to everyone else, for making this contest run smoothly. While I am somewhat disappointed at the shortage of entries, I am happy that the contest was still a success and the great entries it received. 55555Velox

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Congratulations to all the winners! I haven't read a few of those, so I really ought to do so.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I felt the exact same way, The Power That Is. I'm glad to have placed, even if it isn't very high compared to the original list of entries. I'm actually surprised some entries didn't place higher than they did: a testament to the skill shown in this contest's entries.True, we didn't get a large list of entries, but we did get a high concentration of good writing. And I think this conveys two Christmas-themed messages very well: one, the quality of your gifts is more important than the quantity; and two, when people get together for fun (in this case, for writing), good things tend to happen.Congratulations, all! And thank you, judges, for your quick judging process.

Wow, second place?Congradulations to everyone who entered, I have read all the stories and all of them were well written and deserving of a prize. ^^

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

• 2 months later...

Congratulations. ^_^

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...