So I'm really going ham on Stud.io lately. The ability to put any piece in any colour, which I think LDD had heavy restrictions on back when I tried it a few years ago. The ability to model and insert your own custom parts, or canon parts missing from the library is also something LDD couldn't do.

One such use for this is Lariska, whose "Blue Green" colouration meant you had to either go back to old technic to find teal pieces, or build something blue and green, (which is not the same thing). But now, You can build with the full range of Bionicle parts, and make any of them teal any time you want, which means the Lariska in my head can finally exist.

Lariska 103.png

Lariska's first appearance was in 2006, so I only used parts which existed in 2006. In fact, the only 2006 part is the open ball joint from the Toa Inika. Otherwise, she's styled to look like something which could exist in 2005, like most of the Dark Hunters are.

This is based on a real MOC i built back then, but I always knew I'd have to just imagine the teal. I also prefer Panrahk staffs for the daggers, instead of Guurahk, but I couldn't find a 3D model of them to import.

She's got hordika parts, and toa metru stuff, very 2004/2005. If she resembles Roodaka, That's not entirely a coincidence. That's the other murder lady from 2005 who was around to stick in your head when Lariska had no image. Nidhiki, Krekka, the Shadowed One, Charger, Conjurer,  Spinner, Tracker, Vengeance, and Voporak also use the vahki head. It's kind of a Dark Hunter signature.

There are a bunch of pieces here that don't appear in Stud.io's library. The hordika legs, the vakhi head, and the nuva shoulder. They're from a package posted to reddit by u/SwampKryakwa. I don't think I'm allowed to link to it here, but it's easy to find.

Brickshelf Gallery containing some older drafts, and more pictures inside a spoiler tag, so the post isn't giant:

Spoiler

Lariska 100.png

Lariska 101.png

Lariska 104.png

Edited by Takhamavahu
  • Like 1

i was actually going through Brickshelf galleries a few days ago and found this MOC floating around! at first i was confused because most if not all ov these parts do not exist in teal but forgot that LDD and Stud.io were a thing... point is this MOC looks awesome! not what i would picture Lariska looking like in the story (cuz i thought she had breasts like Roodaka) but this is cool nonetheless! good job, mate! \m/