The Official Minecraft Topic

Well, the old Minecraft topic is on the old forums, so I figured I'd jump at this chance to create a new one. So, anyone played the new prerelease yet?

• Upvote 2

I figure I may as well do PBZPs now. But, I have a terrible work ethic,so they may take a while.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

blue=taken, red=in progress

Oh good, someone made this. I've been trying out Prerelease 4, I think that the End is actually really creepy. Something about it seems really, really... wrong. The silence of the Minecraft world, normally comforting, is terrifying. -Canama

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight

Haven't gotten around to downloading prerelease 4. What's new in it? Dragons aren't ready yet, right?

No. However, it's said they might be added soon, and as such someone did a video of a giant dragon that took two months to build. However, they did add "Snow Golems" created by stacking two snow blocks and placing a pumpkin on top (or jack-o-lantern, don't think it matters.) These leave a trail of snow wherever they go (which can be collected,) and throw snowballs at enemies, meaning you can use them to lure mobs into death traps.edit: Wait, the end? As in, you can win the game? Edited by Hyper Rarity
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

Haven't gotten around to downloading prerelease 4. What's new in it? Dragons aren't ready yet, right?

No. However, it's said they might be added soon, and as such someone did a video of a giant dragon that took two months to build. However, they did add "Snow Golems" created by stacking two snow blocks and placing a pumpkin on top (or jack-o-lantern, don't think it matters.) These leave a trail of snow wherever they go (which can be collected,) and throw snowballs at enemies, meaning you can use them to lure mobs into death traps.
I think Snow Golems were added before prerelease 4.
camryxleonia.png

No. However, it's said they might be added soon, and as such someone did a video of a giant dragon that took two months to build. However, they did add "Snow Golems" created by stacking two snow blocks and placing a pumpkin on top (or jack-o-lantern, don't think it matters.) These leave a trail of snow wherever they go (which can be collected,) and throw snowballs at enemies, meaning you can use them to lure mobs into death traps.
I think Snow Golems were added before prerelease 4.
Yeah, they've been around since the first prerelease. -Canama

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight

Dragons work, but you need to find a Stronghold, kill a bunch of Endermen, and get a Gold Sword.But I haven't actually played the prerelease yet. (I haven't actually played 1.9 at all.) Oh, and Snow Golems don't work with Jack-O-Lanterns, as fare as I'm aware.

gckrastin_banner.png

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony!

:D

"The End" sounds really intriguing, but I really would rather wait for the actual release of 1.9.The pre-releases so far have been really laggy for me, sooo yeahhh... -V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

I think potions and enchantments have been improved. Enchanting now gives names to equipment, like, Bane of Anthropods. Also, the end. (eep!)

I figure I may as well do PBZPs now. But, I have a terrible work ethic,so they may take a while.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

blue=taken, red=in progress

Yeah I'm just waiting for 1.9 to be officially released. Not messing with prereleases. Mostly because even my 1.8 world won't find anything new. >_< No Endermen, no mineshafts, no villages... Haven't made a new world and I haven't touched that one in a while, but yeah it was discouraging given how much exploring I did. ~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Yeah I'm just waiting for 1.9 to be officially released. Not messing with prereleases. Mostly because even my 1.8 world won't find anything new. >_< No Endermen, no mineshafts, no villages... Haven't made a new world and I haven't touched that one in a while, but yeah it was discouraging given how much exploring I did. ~|ET|~

Wow, that's really unlucky. I flew around for about 5 minutes and found a village. The new map generation is absolutely beautiful though. (Fractals woohoo).

Don't know how much y'all keep up with the MC news, but it's been pretty much confirmed there won't be a 1.9 release. Notch and Jeb have decided they're just going to keep doing pre-releases for those that want to keep testing features and what not. The next fully supported release will be Minecraft 1.0. No more beta.Also, endermen are much more difficult to kill now.

●Takuma Nuva●

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

Don't know how much y'all keep up with the MC news, but it's been pretty much confirmed there won't be a 1.9 release. Notch and Jeb have decided they're just going to keep doing pre-releases for those that want to keep testing features and what not. The next fully supported release will be Minecraft 1.0. No more beta. Also, endermen are much more difficult to kill now.

●Takuma Nuva●

Well, that's great news. I don't keep up with MC news very much, but is there a rough release date? Last I heard was in November.

Don't know how much y'all keep up with the MC news, but it's been pretty much confirmed there won't be a 1.9 release. Notch and Jeb have decided they're just going to keep doing pre-releases for those that want to keep testing features and what not. The next fully supported release will be Minecraft 1.0. No more beta. Also, endermen are much more difficult to kill now.

●Takuma Nuva●

Well, that's great news. I don't keep up with MC news very much, but is there a rough release date? Last I heard was in November.
Minecraft 1.0 will release to coincide with MineCon on Nov. 18.Sad face since I was itching to get a small, private server with some pals as soon as a solid release came out that didn't change terrain generation. Oh well. At least it's not much more than a month. Now that BZP is finally back, something to help pass the time.

●Takuma Nuva●

76561198002924926.png

-- Willy Wonka

We need an official BZP server. I've been meaning to set one up, but I don't know how….

itachieye9dq.gif
Rest in Peace, Joey Powers! I'm sorry that I didn't have the chance to get to know you!
pohatubanner.png
Credit to ~Nausicaa~ for the second banner.
If you created the first banner, please come forward so I can give you credit.

Oh yeah, a BZP server would definitely be cool. Finally a server not full of fools... (In my first week of Minecraft, I went onto one of the most popular servers, and was banned not long after. The admin forgot to protect some stuff he was building for a spleef arena, and since they kept talking about it in the comments, I teleported over. Well griefers noticed this and started destroying the glass floor he had and I fell into the bottom... Got blamed and literally tortured in a tiny cell for about a half hour before finally just being banned.) And that's news to me, sort of - I thought the MineCon release was going to be 1.9. I can definitely wait until then for the full game. (If it's not mentioned in a Yogscast video, I don't really know what's going on with MC. :P) ~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

my brother, actually, just bought minecraft, and he plays it alot, though, after the i bought the newest humble bundle, i think he wont play it alot, well not as much as he used to, until a later date when he gets tired of frozen synapse

We need an official BZP server. I've been meaning to set one up, but I don't know how….

look in the biocraft topic. he says after the release that they will try to rent a dedicated server with a mata nui island Edited by bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Well... It was a cage in the open so everyone could watch, and they just filled it with lava, spawned mobs, killed me with lightning, etc. etc. So very nice for my first server experience. >_> ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Well... It was a cage in the open so everyone could watch, and they just filled it with lava, spawned mobs, killed me with lightning, etc. etc. So very nice for my first server experience. >_> ~|ET|~

Heck, if they were doing that to me, I'd just start doing stand-up to spite them."Yeah, I've known this here admin forever. I remember when he was still toddling around with a pacifier.... last Monday if memory serves!"I really don't get all these crazy servers with the plug-ins and mods and whatnot anyways. If it ain't vanilla, I don't want any part of it.

●Takuma Nuva●

76561198002924926.png

-- Willy Wonka

Over the downtime I bought Minecraft and since I've been playing it a ton as a result of the downtime. I'm glad I did. I've had no experience with multiplayer with a few exceptions, so 98% of my MC experience has been in single player. So, um, is there any difference between multiplayer and single player?

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Over the downtime I bought Minecraft and since I've been playing it a ton as a result of the downtime. I'm glad I did. I've had no experience with multiplayer with a few exceptions, so 98% of my MC experience has been in single player. So, um, is there any difference between multiplayer and single player?

Really, the only difference is that you can play with other people in the same world. I really don't play a whole lot of MP games with pubs. But I can say that playing MC with some good friends can be lots of fun. You can build your separate bases, check out your friends' creations, go exploring together, and all sorts of fun stuff.

●Takuma Nuva●

76561198002924926.png

-- Willy Wonka

Don't know how much y'all keep up with the MC news, but it's been pretty much confirmed there won't be a 1.9 release. Notch and Jeb have decided they're just going to keep doing pre-releases for those that want to keep testing features and what not. The next fully supported release will be Minecraft 1.0. No more beta.

●Takuma Nuva●

And that's what I'm waiting for. I had to ditch my old world when 1.8 came out, and I won't be doing that again. So until a release with solid terrain generation, I'll just play with mods, play servers, or just not play MC. ~Roablin
banner.png

Giant Minecraft fan right here; also, giant Minecraft moderator user. I was trying to get a BZP server up last year, but I've since then given up. It... didn't work out too well. I must say though, Endermen are very, very, scary if you aren't wearing armor. Their attack is fierce, they take at least four diamond sword blows to kill, and they CONSTANTLY TELEPORT AROUND YOU. The End is going be very bad if Notch decides to make it so that in the End, they're naturally aggressive.

Edited by Alex Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Giant Minecraft fan right here; also, giant Minecraft moderator user. I was trying to get a BZP server up last year, but I've since then given up. It... didn't work out too well. I must say though, Endermen are very, very, scary if you aren't wearing armor. Their attack is fierce, they take at least four diamond sword blows to kill, and they CONSTANTLY TELEPORT AROUND YOU. The End is going be very bad if Notch decides to make it so that in the End, they're naturally aggressive.

Oh well, I had been one of those waiting for it. But I've tried to set up a server too, and it's a lot harder than it looks. I suppose you've stopped making that moderator, too. ~Roablin
banner.png

I'm actually learning Java ATM to make a game with a school friend; so help for that moderator still exists.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong