The Official Minecraft Topic

Has anyone heard about the LEGO Minecraft sets? On LEGO CUUSOO, Mojang has a Minecraft set page that since yesterday got over 5000 supports. The only thing needed now is your support. Let's get Minecraft LEGO's!(Should I send this in to the main page? IDK if we can link to LEGO CUUSOO.)

LEGO + Minecraft = Minecraft's coolness x LEGO coolness.

=Over 90000000. But seriously, this would be awesome. Especially since they're not only doing HF constraction figures, but also Super Hero ones. Maybe they can do ones of the skeletons, or Steve, or Creepers. It would be awesome. Plus the little minifigures alone would help get me to buy the sets (maybe rekindle my interest in system sets again.) *goes to support the idea*
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

lego minecraft will be like...regular Lego Bricks actually.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Does anybody know of a modification that spawns the Giants (You know, the 20 block tall Giant zombies that cause 8.5 hearts of damage that were in Survival test but left unused) naturally?I don't mean SPC's /spawn Giant command, I mean one that has them naturally spawn, preferably rarely like Spider Jockeys.

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

what's some of the worst texture packs you've ever seen?i think mine would have to be the gameboy texture pack, where everything i green and white. ugh

This topic so far

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

I'm tempted to try a new world on Hardcore mode, but - well, I scare easily... I got a nasty shock when I was jumped by cave spiders and creepers. I'm not sure I can take on these hostile mobs, they turn up when you least expect them. Another one of these shocks would give me a heart attack!

so am i always get shocked when spiders jump me in front of my house and thats why when im mining its on peaceful.

panel.png

toa's new unnamed comics. coming well i dont know so top asking.>:( :P

I'm going to be reopening my server soon (not sure when). I'm going to pay for hosting.The server will be run by me, a friend, and my brother. It will be completely public (no whitelist, available outside BZP) but will have many Bukkit mods.- WorldGuard/Edit- Citizens (for shops)- Lockette- iConomyand many more...There will be a main spawn city where you can buy land, trade, and be safe from other players and mobs.Outside the city is basically no rules, except for no fire or lava. PvP is enabled, mobs, etc.We will make a website for news and stuff.

I'm going to be reopening my server soon (not sure when). I'm going to pay for hosting.The server will be run by me, a friend, and my brother. It will be completely public (no whitelist, available outside BZP) but will have many Bukkit mods.- WorldGuard/Edit- Citizens (for shops)- Lockette- iConomyand many more...There will be a main spawn city where you can buy land, trade, and be safe from other players and mobs.Outside the city is basically no rules, except for no fire or lava. PvP is enabled, mobs, etc.We will make a website for news and stuff.

Cool, though I've always wondered, what does no lava mean in a server? That you can't pick it up with a bucket I assume?

i don't really like the bukkit mods, i feel they mud up the game.

This topic so far

Vs.

i don't really like the bukkit mods, i feel they mud up the game.

You have no idea how much I agree with you. My new server is just a normal survival server and it's so much more fun than my old Bukkit server that I had back in 1.7. ^_^

You might remember me as Toa Tafin or some other stupid name that I had on here.

the player interaction should come from the teamwork taken to beat the dragon together as a team. and to help those struggling.neither of those things require iconomy or "death-free" zones

This topic so far

Vs.

the player interaction should come from the teamwork taken to beat the dragon together as a team. and to help those struggling.neither of those things require iconomy or "death-free" zones

The Economy plug in is a pain to use, anyway.

The player interaction SHOULD come from that, but unfortunately it is quite rare. (especially since PvP is enabled)iConomy is a pain to use, but it's less annoying than contacting an admin whenever you want to buy land, shops etc.and it makes shops easier.

also if you're bothered by people killing you and taking your stuff, get better at the game. there doesn't need to be some lame "anti-pvp" plugin. the only plug in i'm sort of okay with is the locked chest one, but other than that they're unnecessary.also use gold for money, since it sucks for everything else except powered rails. maybe hack a ton of gold nuggets and use them as currency somehow.

Edited by BBCCD
This topic so far

Vs.

I'm going to add to this and say no I don't like the idea of using gold for a money system, it has uses now and admittedly I am quite attached to decorating my house with gold blocks, regardles of how easy they would be to steal.What would be intersting is a bartering system like roablin suggested, but based of the rates used in the equivilant exchange moderator. it'll be hard but worth it.

also if you're bothered by people killing you and taking your stuff, get better at the game.

This assumes that everyone on there wouldn't be new. This server has no whitelist so newbs are almost guaranteed to join, and it would help to support them a bit.Only problem I have is the whole no lava thing, but that's because I really love lava. Edited by The Highly Visible Noob

noobs should learn to play in single player before annoying other people in smp, that's the whole point of single player mode in every game that has multiplayer.i hate to sound so harsh but really it's annoying having to help nooby people out when they come into the game and have literally no clue what to do or how to make anything.

Edited by BBCCD
This topic so far

Vs.

Learning single player is not quite the same as learning multiplayer BBCCD, you have to account for the fact that said people new to multiplayer won't be to used to being griefed or having their stuff stolen and they wont know the tricks used to stop it.Really the best reason for a city though is because it acts as a no mans land zone where people can trade resources and build big obvious towers that wont get ripped apart by passing players.Reserve the city of pretty builds with no practical applications and the pvp area for practical hidden bases made to repel invading players.

Edited by The Highly Visible Noob

Make the real world the No PVP realm, and the Nether a PVP realm.Just my idea. Allows for lots of interesting environmental fights with lava and such, and Ghasts make for wonderful Interesting Situation Fights.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."