The Official Minecraft Topic

I can't wait till MC is released for the Xbox. I heard it was going to be released this winter, right?

There has been no news on the Xbox version's release, as far as I know. -Canama

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight

I can't wait till MC is released for the Xbox. I heard it was going to be released this winter, right?

one of my freinds said that he heard that xbox minecraft was coming ot in december and i heard the full game for pc comes out in november hopefully a few days after minecon

panel.png

toa's new unnamed comics. coming well i dont know so top asking.>:( :P

Same! It's a school laptop, so it's junk. Minecraft barely runs on it, and Minecraft is generally a pretty lightweight game.

I don't think it's actually that lightweight... My computer can run Portal 2 with great graphics fine, but with MC it can have low frame rate on short. Also, if you have these issues and haven't already, try Optifine. It boosts fps by a ton.

So guys, what are your thoughts on the fact that we're just getting pre-releases all the way up to MineCon? -Mesonak

It's both good and bad. Bad that we won't have a stable version to play with until MineCon, but I kind of needed a break anyways. Good because it means Mojang will have time to finish up more of its uncompleted features (hopefully). ~Roablin
banner.png

Actually, as far as I know, there hasn't been news on the Xbox version since early summer.I'm considering grabbing prerelease 4 just for fun, but the whole prerelease for a beta is kind of strange to me :wacko:

gckrastin_banner.png

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony!

:D

So I was thinking about The End and how you can't escape it right now... But what if you made a Nether portal within The End? Would any escape portal form the Nether (so not necessarily your original one) still take you back to The End? ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

So I was thinking about The End and how you can't escape it right now... But what if you made a Nether portal within The End? Would any escape portal form the Nether (so not necessarily your original one) still take you back to The End? ~|ET|~

You can't make a Nether portal in The End. It won't light.

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

Yep. I had this idea and tested it. Didn't work. So yeah...I play Minecraft. =P I have an i3 desktop that gets okay fps on medium with some settings off. Will prolly be getting a graphics card just to get extra FPS. =P

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Yep. I had this idea and tested it. Didn't work. So yeah...I play Minecraft. =P I have an i3 desktop that gets okay fps on medium with some settings off. Will prolly be getting a graphics card just to get extra FPS. =P
From what I hear, since Minecraft's requirements are low it doesn't use the fancy graphics cards when it runs and that's why you get low FPS. I've heard some people will turn on another game at the same time to force the graphics card to run. But hey, I don't know all the specifics.

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

Minecraft's major issue is RAM; if you don't have at least four gig of RAM it'll kill itself. Two gigs on W7 is ok for about twenty FPS, on Vista you get like 8-12. Barely playable. But after that, a Pentium 4 could run Minecraft, and the video card usage is about zero. As for the pre-releases, I kinda sorta like them. Yeah it means no 'stable' release, but still, there's going be a release freeze on the eighteenth so after that we're going be stuck with whatever we got, because after that it's just bug fixes and feature completion.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

From what I hear, since Minecraft's requirements are low it doesn't use the fancy graphics cards when it runs and that's why you get low FPS. I've heard some people will turn on another game at the same time to force the graphics card to run. But hey, I don't know all the specifics.
Well, it's not just for Minecraft. =P @Humva-hey, did you ever get your server up?

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

No, never managed it, and now I have no computer to use it for. Now, over the summer I'm going be doing a job and be getting money for a new rig; it'll be powerful enough it could run the server and let me do my stuff, so there's a strong possibility of a Hamachi server if I get my rig next fall.

Edited by Alex Humva

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I actually found out about this game a while ago when I saw a trailer for a BIONICLE machinima with it. But really didn't think much of it as I don't really play computer games often, for about three months before finally deciding to check out it's website. Instantly fell in love with the game... Unfortunately as I have no money I haven't gotten to play Beta yet... But I've checked out the free version, which in comparison to the videos I've seen of Beta is like driving a Honda while your friends drive off in a Chorvette. Just not as awesome. Anyways, I do have one question though. I remember finding them somewhere, but I can't seem to find them again. What are the exact requirments for the game? P.S. TO THE NUIMOBILE!! :tohu:

Nothin' to see here folks. Just keep movin' along.

I have a Win XP, AMD Phenom Dual core, 2 gb ram, and still it lags on huge world generating. What do you think is the problem guys?

World generation is pretty much always laggy; you should be fine when actually playing though.

voidstars.png

I have a Win XP, AMD Phenom Dual core, 2 gb ram, and still it lags on huge world generating. What do you think is the problem guys?

World generation is pretty much always laggy; you should be fine when actually playing though.
Sorry, I expressed myself wrong, is AFTER the huge generating world that goes 20 to 15 fps (for example, skyblock runs perfectly, while self generated worlds goes laggy) Speaking of, have you tried Skyblock survival?

No banner. :D

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit with 4 gb RAM and Intel Core i5-2410M, and I get awful fps on far render distance. Even on tiny, I only get up to about 80. But anyways, here are two pictures of my latest creation from the outside and the inside. I'm pretty much working on a giant luxury hotel. It's 80x80 and reaches 5 blocks below the top of the map (reserving room for a rooftop pool/deck). Click the thumbnails to view full resolution pics: 2011-10-15_23.29.59.png_thumb.jpg 2011-10-15_23.30.35.png_thumb.jpg -SK

Edited by Shadow Kurahk

Ah, Minecraft. I expected a thread like this to pop up here 5 seconds after BZP came back online, but a few hours is just okay to me. :PWell, I haven't much to say. I've been playing the pre-releases as they come, and sadly, Minecraft just ends up giving me out-of-memory errors several minutes into playing the game on this computer, so I have to play on my dad's downstairs computer since Minecraft likes that computer more. It's been crash-riddled on this computer since the 1.8 pre-release.I need to dig it up, but I have a really awesome seed with seemingly endless water and a couple islands every once in a while.

Please enjoy a series of on signals and off signals sent from a far off computer to yours, forming short messages that may disturb and amuse!

I got bored and decided to make my world playable as a server.I grew a bunch of giant mushrooms and turned them into starter homes.there are 6 red mushroom homes, each one has a bed, chest, crafting table, furnace, a torch to keep the room lit, and a sign to place over your door to claim your home. unfortunately i'm far to busy to host a server, but if any one of you is successful at hosting a new server, and would like to take a look at the world and consider using it, i could try to send it to you. unfortunately my computer is in the shop now, so it would be a while, but i just thought i'd let you know. the world was generated at the end of the alpha, but i have plenty of newer things there, and if you travel far enough west you can find newly generated land. also, if the host is nice enough, i have plenty of items already in my house that you can use to make starting tools/weapons for other players.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

I won't touch 1.9 until the official release. Unless the lighting issue has been fixed cuz my 1.8 keeps bugging out with the lighting. And man abandoned mines just get on my nerves with how intricate they are. Haven't found a stronghold yet :(

Lonliness echoes through my mind like the reaper's footsteps,

Creeping, crawling until every reverberation of it fills my thoughts,

As the inky blackness of night overwhelms me and I begin to despair,

His hand, the One, will always be there to pull me through.

Don't you just love it when you lose all your BZPower info as well as your email info and are forced to use an old alt? I know I do!

I won't touch 1.9 until the official release. Unless the lighting issue has been fixed cuz my 1.8 keeps bugging out with the lighting. And man abandoned mines just get on my nerves with how intricate they are. Haven't found a stronghold yet :(

Don't be sad, these things generate only 3 per world. Even I couldn't find one on 1.8.1 (on 1.9 pre4, you use eyes of ender to easily find them.)

Holy Mackeral! Only three! That's just absurd!

Don't you just love it when you lose all your BZPower info as well as your email info and are forced to use an old alt? I know I do!

Question: how much will the introduction of new biomes change the result of a world seed? I ask because I discovered a seed a little bit back that generates amazing mountain ranges to the north and south. Although I wrote down the seed, I wasn't able to save the map because minecraft won't run on my computer since it changed the web applet. Will new biomes remove the epic mountains I found, or just move them somewhere else?

fjRqLk4.jpg

Don't be sad, these things generate only 3 per world. Even I couldn't find one on 1.8.1 (on 1.9 pre4, you use eyes of ender to easily find them.)
I thought they made them unlimited in 1.9
This topic so far

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

I thought they made them unlimited in 1.9
I don't think unlimited, but surely MUCH more common than 1.8.

one of my freinds said that he heard that xbox minecraft was coming ot in december and i heard the full game for pc comes out in november hopefully a few days after minecon
Yeah, it was announced for a winter 2011 release. Curiously enough, he "was not allowed to answer" whether it would be ported to Wii U or PS3 (with Wii U being a good way to see your inventory without being vulnerable to mobs,) and instead gave them this image of a sheep.minecraft-20110713025816439-000.jpgSo much better than getting confirmation of PS3/360 versions. Plus, it could be ported to Wii or PS3 (with PS move compatibility,) given that it's going to be compatible with 360's kinect, and you could easily swing the wiimote/nunchuk or PS move equivalents to place/mine blocks, using the joystick to move, pointer to look around, etc, probably holding down the trigger to look around so you could mine without aiming all over the place. However, I highly doubt a Wii release, since they almost never do downloadable games, save for some on WiiWare, and don't do DLC, so they probably wouldn't do the "release builds every so often" thing, so maybe Wii U, assuming they have more downloadable stuff than Wii. Edited by Hyper Rarity
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

Kinect, seriously? So lame, the XBox one will SUUUUUCK if that's true

This topic so far

Vs.

Oh my gosh the kinect, reminds me of that one Yogscast episode.

I stopped watching the Israphel thing after it became obviously fake. I liked it at first when it looked like some guy snuck onto their server.I still like to watch their m0d Spotlights though. These guys make me envious. All they do for a living is mess around on minecraft. They get so many views that Tube probably pays them TONS.

This topic so far

Vs.

Over the downtime I bought Minecraft and since I've been playing it a ton as a result of the downtime. I'm glad I did. I've had no experience with multiplayer with a few exceptions, so 98% of my MC experience has been in single player. So, um, is there any difference between multiplayer and single player?

YES. If you get high enough privileges, you can use commands to teleport you, give you stuff, and more. You can also use plugins if you're setting up a server to make it awesome.

How much stuff do you have on your computer, how fast is it usually, and how old it it? We have an old Compaq XP that takes ages to do anything. I'm using a newer computer right now though.

I actually found out about this game a while ago when I saw a trailer for a BIONICLE machinima with it. But really didn't think much of it as I don't really play computer games often, for about three months before finally deciding to check out it's website. Instantly fell in love with the game... Unfortunately as I have no money I haven't gotten to play Beta yet... But I've checked out the free version, which in comparison to the videos I've seen of Beta is like driving a Honda while your friends drive off in a Chorvette. Just not as awesome. Anyways, I do have one question though. I remember finding them somewhere, but I can't seem to find them again. What are the exact requirments for the game? P.S. TO THE NUIMOBILE!! :tohu:

I don't know the requirements (probably at least 2 gigs of RAM and Windows XP+) but you can find them at the official website. Also, a way to get Minecraft legally and free is to download the PC Gamer Demo and use this trick: When the timer is running low, save the game, open it back up, press ESC, open up another Demo window, reset the world, close the new window, press "Back to Game" on the first window, press the error screen button, and press "Play Demo World". This should take you to your starting point with NOTHING IN YOUR INVENTORY. Everything else should be the same.The downsides to the Demo are that there's no Multiplayer, you can only play in one world, and the version is Beta 1.3, so you don't have most of the stuff found in the current version.

Wait, how can eyes of ender be used to find strongholds?

If you throw them in 1.9 Pre-release 4+, they float in the direction of the Stronghold and then vanish. But you have to collect a lot of Eyes of Ender to do this.

Anyone here watch the Yogscast? They're easily my favourite gamers out there at the moment. Their Shadow of Israphel is cooler than any invention for Minecraft I've ever seen. It's what Red Vs Blue is to Halo IMO.

Answer: Lewis, I might have just died.Yogscast is awesome, so is RvB. :)

I have no signature. Boo-Hoo.

My BZPRPG

92% of BZPers use sigfads. If you are part of the 8% that think them pointless, copy and paste this into your signature.

banner_beatdown1.png

Yayz! I'm an old, defenseless leader guy!