Nintendo Direct has announced that there will be a Celebi giveaway on Pokébank.

Edit:

So purty http://www.serebii.net/celebixy.jpg

Edited by Artezza Trigger

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

Hey since I now have both Pokémon X an Y. Would my Friend safari on X be different that my Friend safari on Y. Or is the Safari only based on friend codes and not which version you own?

Already asked this, it's based on codes, not versions.

So unless you got a new 3DS to boot, then no, it won't be different.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Speaking of shinies I ran into a shiny Fraxure while trying to transfer pokerus for wondertrading, plus a Barboach and Poliwhirl I got while chain fishing, I just love the new odds for shinies even if it means I'll be causing heart attacks for those around me when one appears.

I'm just ToaD

over 400 froakie eggs... no shiny o__o

I was trying to MM it for my girlfriend as a christmas present xD but I'm not sure I'll finish.. I'm taking a break for now at least...

Any tips on MM'ing dotcom since it sounds like you've found like 30 shinies?

I have only gotten 3 shinies from Masuda method, and it took me a good 733 eggs before I got the first. (The other two came out of nowhere shortly after, luck is weird and dumb like that.). So the best advice I can give is to keep at it, though it's definitely a good idea to take breaks from it, because hatching eggs can get really boring really fast. It took me over a month to get my shiny Phantump because I kept cycling through different things and only did Masuda at irregular intervals, but it worked. If you're aiming to have it by Christmas you're a bit more pressed for time, but there's still time to take breaks from doing that kind of stuff.

The thing is also that the shiny can come at any time, because the rng can be as evil as it pleases. One of my friends was trying to mess with me once, and Masuda'd a shiny Phantump of his own. It took him 16 eggs, which is kind of a lot less than 733. So, some people have gotten it in their first eggs, others (as you might be experiencing) take a lot, lot longer. So just persevering is the best I can think of. Definitely pack Hatching Powers if you aren't using them already, though, those things can make the task so much faster. I think having the Oval Charm also helps, though if you don't already have it I can think of no time-sensitive way to acquire it quickly.

Although if you're just aiming for a shiny of the Froakie family, I think getting a Frogadier from the safari is a much more likely scenario. I've gotten well over half of all my shinies from safari, the rate is ridiculous in there. Unless you definitely need it to be a Froakie or have specific IVs or moves to work as a present, I would recommend the Friend Safari as an alternative to the Masuda Method.

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

Anyone have a hidden ability eevee to trade me? I can give you any fossils besides anorith and lileep. I also want the 2 X exclusive fossils.

Also, I added my friends code to my 3DS, but he only appears in my Y version not X. How do I get friends on both versions? My friend code is: 4699-6562-6279 add me and PM me please. My safari is Audino and 2 others I don't know.

"EXTERMINATE"-Dalek #1 to #3458271

If you have a self MOC you would like me to build just PM me and I'll make it as long as I have the pieces.

3DS Friend Code: 4699-6562-6279

Pokemon Y safari: Audino, Dunsparce and Chansey

Anyone have a hidden ability eevee to trade me? I can give you any fossils besides anorith and lileep. I also want the 2 X exclusive fossils.

Also, I added my friends code to my 3DS, but he only appears in my Y version not X. How do I get friends on both versions? My friend code is: 4699-6562-6279 add me and PM me please. My safari is Audino and 2 others I don't know.

I don't have any to trade, but my safari has Eevee, so if you add me you can get some from my safari! My code is in my sig.

AXKP5KC.png

Doing a breeding project for Marvel Scale Dratini.

For this story to make the most sense you have to understand that I hatch five eggs and fly to the IV checker without even looking at the pokes that I just got. I check their IVs and if they're good, THEN I check to see nature/ability. So, anyways, after about 30 odd eggs I hatch a 31/31/31/x/31/31, Adamant Dratini! Check and its ability is...Shed Skin...wonderful.

Hatch roughly 15 more eggs and another 31/31/31/x/31/31 Dratini! Shed Skin. 50% chance it will be either ability right? I curse my luck and continue onwards.

Another 20 eggs and my third flawless 31/31/31/x/31/31. But of course, you guessed it, Shed Skin.

Next two eggs? 31/31/31x/31/31 Marvel Scale. So happy, but good lord that was annoying.

So, the point of this story...?

Anybody want a flawless Adamant Dratini? :D

silverbladebanner.jpg

let's hope extremespeed becomes a tutor move in the future, right? :$

Eh, I don't really want E-Speed anyways. It has ZERO coverage against any relevant threat. At +1 it does jack to Togekiss and Azumarill, which pretty much wall 'Nite to kingdom come if it's running its usual coverage of Earthquake and Dragon Claw/Outrage. Mega-Kanga/Mega Lucario are barely scratched by such a weak move, and KO you right back (note that at +1 speed you will beat Luke one-on-one anyways). Terrakion laughs at you if it's holding a Scarf, it never mattered against Scizor and Genesect at decent health takes a +1 E-Speed pretty well. Shell Smash Cloyster at -2 defense doesn't even care about your E-Speed, and KO's with Ice Shard or Icicle Spear. The only real threat it handles is Greninja, which you outspeed and KO at +1 anyways.

Basically, Dragonite has better things to be doing than run a sub-optimal priority move. :)

EDIT: In gen 5 it was better, I grant you, but the quality of priority users has gone up substantially this gen, which makes E-Speed on Dragonite obsolete, at least in my opinion.

Edited by ankyfdarkness

silverbladebanner.jpg

Hey does anyone have a Mew, Jirachi, Manaphy, or Shaymin they're willing to trade away? I can offer a Celebi (not that it's going to stay rare for very long.. :<), Victini, Keldeo, Gamestop shiny Suicune, Telepathy Giratina and Multiscale Lugia.

IVs:

Celebi - Bashful, 4/8/28/14/14/10

Celebi - Jolly, 14/24/4/6/14/6

Victini - Jolly, 28/12/14/2/16/28

Keldeo - Bold, 8/6/10/25/3/14

Keldeo - Mild, 10/10/22/28/20/24

Suicune - Relaxed, 8/25/21/21/15/21

Suicune - Relaxed, 5/1/21/8/25/16

Giratina - Bold, 26/26/18/26/23/30, Telepathy

Lugia - Lax, 11/11/11/6/7/13, Multiscale

Don't expect anything but it's worth a shot. =P

Doing a breeding project for Marvel Scale Dratini.

For this story to make the most sense you have to understand that I hatch five eggs and fly to the IV checker without even looking at the pokes that I just got. I check their IVs and if they're good, THEN I check to see nature/ability. So, anyways, after about 30 odd eggs I hatch a 31/31/31/x/31/31, Adamant Dratini! Check and its ability is...Shed Skin...wonderful.

Hatch roughly 15 more eggs and another 31/31/31/x/31/31 Dratini! Shed Skin. 50% chance it will be either ability right? I curse my luck and continue onwards.

Another 20 eggs and my third flawless 31/31/31/x/31/31. But of course, you guessed it, Shed Skin.

Next two eggs? 31/31/31x/31/31 Marvel Scale. So happy, but good lord that was annoying.

So, the point of this story...?

Anybody want a flawless Adamant Dratini? :D

I have two spare dratinis you know, I think I posted I did a While back too, you could've just asked me.

Gamers rise up, not down

over 400 froakie eggs... no shiny o__o

I was trying to MM it for my girlfriend as a christmas present xD but I'm not sure I'll finish.. I'm taking a break for now at least...

Any tips on MM'ing dotcom since it sounds like you've found like 30 shinies?

I have only gotten 3 shinies from Masuda method, and it took me a good 733 eggs before I got the first. (The other two came out of nowhere shortly after, luck is weird and dumb like that.). So the best advice I can give is to keep at it, though it's definitely a good idea to take breaks from it, because hatching eggs can get really boring really fast. It took me over a month to get my shiny Phantump because I kept cycling through different things and only did Masuda at irregular intervals, but it worked. If you're aiming to have it by Christmas you're a bit more pressed for time, but there's still time to take breaks from doing that kind of stuff.

Although if you're just aiming for a shiny of the Froakie family, I think getting a Frogadier from the safari is a much more likely scenario. I've gotten well over half of all my shinies from safari, the rate is ridiculous in there. Unless you definitely need it to be a Froakie or have specific IVs or moves to work as a present, I would recommend the Friend Safari as an alternative to the Masuda Method.

Thanks for all the advice!

Alright I got the Frogadier from Friend Safari =D (after only an hour of searching wow.) It had pretty good IVs too! (Although the speed could've been better.)

Gosh the RNG is evil.

I actually looked in the safari before I read all this (thankfully I had a Frogadier safari handy)

And I have almost 500 eggs of Froakie now... But I'll keep continuing and get a shiny one for me.

Eh, I don't really want E-Speed anyways. It has ZERO coverage against any relevant threat. At +1 it does jack to Togekiss and Azumarill, which pretty much wall 'Nite to kingdom come if it's running its usual coverage of Earthquake and Dragon Claw/Outrage. Mega-Kanga/Mega Lucario are barely scratched by such a weak move, and KO you right back (note that at +1 speed you will beat Luke one-on-one anyways). Terrakion laughs at you if it's holding a Scarf, it never mattered against Scizor and Genesect at decent health takes a +1 E-Speed pretty well. Shell Smash Cloyster at -2 defense doesn't even care about your E-Speed, and KO's with Ice Shard or Icicle Spear. The only real threat it handles is Greninja, which you outspeed and KO at +1 anyways.

Basically, Dragonite has better things to be doing than run a sub-optimal priority move. :)

EDIT: In gen 5 it was better, I grant you, but the quality of priority users has gone up substantially this gen, which makes E-Speed on Dragonite obsolete, at least in my opinion.

i liked everything you were saying then you put that smiley face now you're just another smug prick i h8 u

also you're missing one of the biggest threat to dragonite, which is mamoswine. with extremespeed, you can KO a weakened mamoswine instead of getting killed by ice shard. priority usage going up makes extremespeed better, not worse.

Edited by The God of War

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

i liked everything you were saying then you put that smiley face now you're just another smug prick i h8 u

also you're missing one of the biggest threat to dragonite, which is mamoswine. with extremespeed, you can KO a weakened mamoswine instead of getting killed by ice shard. priority usage going up makes extremespeed better, not worse.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Team preview exists. If the opponent is smart, Mamo won't be weakened when it faces you. More than that, preparing for a fringe threat (that 'Nite has no business staying in against anyways) like Mamo, and to a lesser extent Weavile, is silly when Togekiss, Heatran, Azumarill, Ferrorthorn, Skarmory, Landorus-T, Gyrados, and Forretress are much more common. For every Mamo you'll see 200 Azumarill.

This is an argument of opinion, however, and I respect yours. Nobody is stopping you from running E-Speed (by all means do if you think it's solid in this meta!), but until I feel it has any merit I will be running my 'Nites E-Speedless.

EDIT: Also, when I say E-Speed is worse because of the better priority I only mean that in gen 5 you'd often see 'Nite run it to pick off weakened foes for the team. Even a DD set would often be regulated to this revenge killer position. With the quality of priory on the rise, 'Nite no longer needs to fill that position and can leave it to others who preform that role better. This leaves some much needed space to better focus his sweeping sets.

Edited by ankyfdarkness

silverbladebanner.jpg

Speaking of Mamoswine, I've been preparing one the past two days. Would have finished it a lot faster, but for some reason partway through the breeding process Icicle Crash stopped getting passed down, and I didn't realise it until after I had EV trained and evolved the first Swinub I had made and wonder traded all the other Swinubs away. Ended up breeding a 5 IV Smeargle to sketch Icicle Crash to bring it back into the gene pool. Good thing I didn't get attached to it yet.

That Smeargle should be useful for the future, too.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

So the past two battles I've had with random people I have had people using legendaries. Surprisingly, those are some of the only random battles I've actually won....I have to say, seeing my Pangoro's Quick Claw activate twice in a row (especially since it has never once proven useful before) against a Mewtwo was beautiful. The second guy had half of his team comprised of legendaries (Mewtwo, Zapdos and Xerneas) I somehow managed to kill the three of them without suffering any casualties of my own. I don't know what is up with that. I'm guessing that they got kind of overconfident or sloppy with their legendaries or something.........Ever since I decided "let's accept all battles why the heck not" it's been an interesting experience.

There was that one friend who challenged me to battle with their all-shiny team. I guess they were trying to show off, but it kind of didn't work on account of how I already had most of those shinies as well. (They still beat me, of course, just not in the showing off way.)

Also I have recently been going around trying to get everyone and their grandmothers to show me their PR videos. PR Videos are too much fun. If only they weren't such a hassle to share......

AXKP5KC.png

Speaking of PR Videos, i saw a video of someone video, called 'My Keys'. The klefki got stolen and it was the most inventive thing ever. (Can someone do it with vanillte?)

Edited by Timelady Gallade

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

So the past two battles I've had with random people I have had people using legendaries. Surprisingly, those are some of the only random battles I've actually won....I have to say, seeing my Pangoro's Quick Claw activate twice in a row (especially since it has never once proven useful before) against a Mewtwo was beautiful. The second guy had half of his team comprised of legendaries (Mewtwo, Zapdos and Xerneas) I somehow managed to kill the three of them without suffering any casualties of my own. I don't know what is up with that. I'm guessing that they got kind of overconfident or sloppy with their legendaries or something.........Ever since I decided "let's accept all battles why the heck not" it's been an interesting experience.

Using a team of all legends is rather pointless if the player doesn't know how best to use them.

The overconfidence they have is staggering. Check out this guy who challenged me on PSS with just a Mewtwo:

C2VW-WWWW-WWW3-ZQDT

That said, once pokébank comes I feel like running around on Free Battle with a scarfed Kyurem. I've got a thing for ice dragons, but don't like using legends in direct challenges. At least on Free Battles there are already tons of legend users, so theres no need to worry about annoying someone with it.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Ugh legends

I spent all this week training a team for free battles, I've been sick all week with a lot of spare time lol, and I realized after doing a bunch of battles I have alot of pokemon weak to ground attacks. Hi Mega Garchomp, Oh hello Zygarde please don't use earthquake.

My current team is Klefki, who sets up crafty sheild and statuses, Glaceon with blizzard and shadow he's been useful, Rampardos who helps a bit with taking out fire and fighting types, Arcanine, I use him after klefki is destroyed and then his retailiate does a lot of damage plus his other moves have good coverage, I also use Alakazam who is good as long as he uses dazzling gleam before someone else uses a dark move. And my mega evo keeps switching around, I tried lucario he has good coverage and is really strong, but he seems to die to mewtwo and EQ too often. I also went against my policy of no legendaries and tried mega Mewtwo Y. I need a good water type, maybe protean Greninja and another mega evo any suggestions I might use mega Charizard Y with solarbeam, aerial ace, flamethrower and bulldoze, but I'm open to suggestions.

"EXTERMINATE"-Dalek #1 to #3458271

If you have a self MOC you would like me to build just PM me and I'll make it as long as I have the pieces.

3DS Friend Code: 4699-6562-6279

Pokemon Y safari: Audino, Dunsparce and Chansey

The issue with female Pokemon, especially ones with the wrong ability is that I cannot use them as spitbacks, i.e. replace one of the Pokemon in the Day Care so I can have a higher chance of getting better IVs. Since the Dratini has its regular ability, I cannot get the hidden ability that way.

Not only that, I also cannot use the Pokemon to pass IVs to other species in the same egg group, since it is female.

For that reason, male Pokemon are preferable since they are much easier to pass IVs around.

I mentioned female because it's from a breeding point of view, not really a "gender supremist" POV.

And I'm really ticked off because I already got five Dratini with perfect IVs but Shed Skin as its ability.

Edited by sirbibbleton

--==My MOCs==--

Males pass down hidden abilities now, I thought... =P

Only with dittos I think. You can breed a male pokemon with the hidden ability with a ditto, and you have a chance to get the hidden ability.

I just checked and males will pass down HA, even if paired with a female that doesn't have the HA. You don't need a Ditto to do it.

silverbladebanner.jpg

Only with dittos I think. You can breed a male pokemon with the hidden ability with a ditto, and you have a chance to get the hidden ability.

I just checked and males will pass down HA, even if paired with a female that doesn't have the HA. You don't need a Ditto to do it.

Really? I thought it was just with dittos...

oh well

i barely breed anything, so my knowledge doesn't stretch too far with that.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

While males can pass down HA, its a major pain to breed if the female doesn't have HA. The game is always biased towards inheriting the females ability.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

~

Hmmm...

I'm just curious about one thing though; let's say I have a female Sand Veil Gible, and I breed it with a male Marvel Scale Dratini. Will the Gible offspring have a chance to get Rough Skin? (I don't think so...)

Or does it require the same species in order for males to pass HAs regardless of the female's ability? (This is probably what you tested)

And btw I managed to get a Dratini w/ Marvelscale w/ perfect IVs (bar Sp. Attack), so it's all good now haha =P

--==My MOCs==--