Only event Pokemon you can nickname are the ones you don't get directly via Mystery Gift, because of the OT issue as mentioned above. =P

If you catch themyourself, like Darkrai and Shaymin from Gen 4,or Victini in Gen 5, then that works, otherwise, nah.

Oh ya. I forgot about that rule. I really wish they would abolish it. Especially when transferring Pokemon between generations. I have some Pokemon that I want to change there nicknames but can't cause of this.

I doubt they'll fix this in Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire. But I hope anyways.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Oh ya. I forgot about that rule. I really wish they would abolish it. Especially when transferring Pokemon between generations. I have some Pokemon that I want to change there nicknames but can't cause of this.

I doubt they'll fix this in Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire. But I hope anyways.

But there's nothing to fix. It's a feature, not a bug or error. If a Pokemon is from a different game file, the name is preserved because it came from someone else, and the idea is you shouldn't be able to rename other peoples' Pokes. Like not renaming a pet you inherit of the previous owner moves away or something. And obviously you can't distinguish something from a previous gen as being yours or not. It's a logical feature; they won't be removing it.

~B~

Hey guys.

I've been reading some posts in the Serebii/Smogon/Bulbapedia forums and I've been seeing a lot of posts about people complaining about the competitive and breeding scene taking fun out of the game. Now, I don't play Competitively but I don't appose it. I'm more of a collector 

To be fair, people don't have to like competitive scene, but when they say "it takes the fun out of the game", it seems they mean "It takes the fun out of the game for everyone." or at least they think that everyone should play without competitiveness. It may surprise you to know that people find Competitive.....fun.

I've found that people who play competitively are accepting of both modes of game play, however, I find at least, people who play only the "traditional way" and don't accept other styles, absolutely hate the competitive scene and see it as "Pokemon abuse."( With breeding and IV's and stuff)

I love Pokemon, and have sentimental attachment to all of mine. I don't wanna be the bearer of bad news, but...... Pokemon aren't real.

So really what I'm saying is, do these people think that competitive players don't enjoy competitive play? It's just a warped sense of logic to me.

Anyway, rant aside. The real reason I came here was to ask a nickname related question.

What should I nickname my female Abomasnow?

Edited by Turaga of Ponies

Hey guys.

I've been reading some posts in the Serebii/Smogon/Bulbapedia forums and I've been seeing a lot of posts about people complaining about the competitive and breeding scene taking fun out of the game. Now, I don't play Competitively but I don't appose it. I'm more of a collector 

To be fair, people don't have to like competitive scene, but when they say "it takes the fun out of the game", it seems they mean "It takes the fun out of the game for everyone." or at least they think that everyone should play without competitiveness. It may surprise you to know that people find Competitive.....fun.

I've found that people who play competitively are accepting of both modes of game play, however, I find at least, people who play only the "traditional way" and don't accept other styles, absolutely hate the competitive scene and see it as "Pokemon abuse."( With breeding and IV's and stuff)

I love Pokemon, and have sentimental attachment to all of mine. I don't wanna be the bearer of bad news, but...... Pokemon aren't real.

So really what I'm saying is, do these people think that competitive players don't enjoy competitive play? It's just a warped sense of logic to me.

Anyway, rant aside. The real reason I came here was to ask a nickname related question.

What should I nickname my female Abomasnow?

I mostly stopped playing X and Y after I completed the National Pokedex, and I've never played competitively. I don't play that way because its not fun, IMO. Anyways, you should name your Abomasnow Yeta! DON'T name her Elsa.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Got me a diancie this morning (got the card yesterday and put it in today after updating my 3DS and X and Y and finally being able to get it)
My National Dex is now complete again :]

Yeah I have like a box of competitive mons but I'm just no good at pokemon and I almost NEVER win online because I'm always outsmarted, the competitive play for it is just way too complex for me... I used to think it was gonna be fun winning but that never really happened :P Even playing online again to see if I could win for once I was smashed once again :P I think the only time I ever won in the past was with my mega Gengar sometimes...Competitive play seems more fun in like friendly competitive matches like the ones I've had with people on here :P Even if I don't win, it just seems more fun that way...

Now to hope I can make up the money to buy ORAS in a few weeks... 

Got me a diancie this morning (got the card yesterday and put it in today after updating my 3DS and X and Y and finally being able to get it)

My National Dex is now complete again :]

Yeah I have like a box of competitive mons but I'm just no good at pokemon and I almost NEVER win online because I'm always outsmarted, the competitive play for it is just way too complex for me... I used to think it was gonna be fun winning but that never really happened :P Even playing online again to see if I could win for once I was smashed once again :P I think the only time I ever won in the past was with my mega Gengar sometimes...Competitive play seems more fun in like friendly competitive matches like the ones I've had with people on here :P Even if I don't win, it just seems more fun that way...

Now to hope I can make up the money to buy ORAS in a few weeks... 

Got Diancie, now only Arceus, Hoopa and Volcanion to go for the Livingdex.

Did either of you happen to get an extra?

The demo's quite fun, though after you play 10 times the missions start looping. 15 days after you started playing you unlock a secret mission for an extra reward, though, then you get access to Steven's house. There's another secret mission but the method of getting it hasn't been nailed down yet, it just seems like RNG at this point.

I honestly don't get what's so bad about competitive. Yeah, I know, IV breeding can get boring but it's really worth it in the end. Like I never done competitive before, but after I bred my mons I started and it was pretty easy considering so many people thinking legendaries/shinies with ivs can do them any good are battling and it's really fun to beat them and teach them a friendly lesson about using "normal" Pokemon.

Like I don't understand how competitive playing takes the fun from Pokemon, like honestly? What are they, 5? Just really surprised that people want ti taken out because they are too impatient to iv breed and suck at battling...smh. Say whatever you want, but competitive battling is what kept me playing XY after the dex was done, and probably for many others. Like if you don't like it, don't play, instead of complaining to Game Freak or something about removing it completely.

Sorry for the long rant, but it makes me mad that people are that ignorant about, well, anything in general.

The problem from both sides are the competitive players who think anyone that only plays for fun is a dumb casual, and the casual players who think competitive takes the fun out of the game or what ever.

Different people want different things out of Pokemon, as in most games. Some people are dumb. It's just how it is.

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

The problem from both sides are the competitive players who think anyone that only plays for fun is a dumb casual, and the casual players who think competitive takes the fun out of the game or what ever.

Different people want different things out of Pokemon, as in most games. Some people are dumb. It's just how it is.

This is simply not true, Competitive players think that competitive play is fun! You make it seem like they don't enjoy what they're doing.

i know what you mean, but......yeah. 

This is simply not true, Competitive players think that competitive play is fun! You make it seem like they don't enjoy what they're doing.

i know what you mean, but......yeah. 

Well, that's not what I meant. Competitive players think competitive is fun, obviously, but it's still a different way to play the game for different reasons. I specified that some competitive players look down on people who only play for fun without worrying about any of the other things competitive players usually take into account.

(But then, there's definitely some competitive players who definitely seem to talk about it as a chore more than anything, and I have seen way too many that seem to do nothing but complain about certain parts of competitive play. Obviously, they do it because they enjoy it, but regardless, it's clear that it's not just about the fun)

AXKP5KC.png

I specified that some competitive players look down on people who only play for fun without worrying about any of the other things competitive players usually take into account.

this i feel isn't even true you might just have felt persecuted at one point and this is coming from a misunderstanding. every competitive player starts as a casual one, nobody jumps immediately onto the sims or the breeding scene, so everyone understands that at one point or another people just care about the gyms.

The problem from both sides are the competitive players who think anyone that only plays for fun is a dumb casual

like no offense to anybody but pokemon is a children's game with a complex element for a more mature audience and if you choose to ignore the competitive element and you're like seventeen and a huge pokemon fan then you're just being proud of playing a children's game so i really do feel that the 'dumb casual' comment isn't really inaccurate, if a bit blunt. like you can do that gym challenge and enjoy it then put the game down, that's fine there's nothing wrong with that, but if you take that story mode really seriously and post on forums and laugh at how useless moves like stealth rocks or memento are then yeah go away

Edited by Archer Vonn

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

I specified that some competitive players look down on people who only play for fun without worrying about any of the other things competitive players usually take into account.

this i feel isn't even true you might just have felt persecuted at one point and this is coming from a misunderstanding. every competitive player starts as a casual one, nobody jumps immediately onto the sims or the breeding scene, so everyone understands that at one point or another people just care about the gyms.

No, I don't really care. I haven't been "prosecuted," personally (I play competitively on occasion with friends.) I'm just commenting on things that I have observed. It's true that every competitive player starts off as a casual one, but that doesn't change the fact that some of them, after "moving on" to a more complex fighting scene can be condescending.

The problem from both sides are the competitive players who think anyone that only plays for fun is a dumb casual

like no offense to anybody but pokemon is a children's game with a complex element for a more mature audience and if you choose to ignore the competitive element and you're like seventeen and a huge pokemon fan then you're just being proud of playing a children's game so i really do feel that the 'dumb casual' comment isn't really inaccurate, if a bit blunt. like you can do that gym challenge and enjoy it then put the game down, that's fine there's nothing wrong with that, but if you take that story mode really seriously and post on forums and laugh at how useless moves like stealth rocks or memento are then yeah go away

See? Like this. Like this kind of condescension. Because enjoying anything for children makes you dumb, because things for children are automatically bad I guess.

Like, I mean. As I said, it's a problem from both ends. Yes, casual players who rip into competitive play can be annoying, but competitive players who look down on those that don't play competitively can also be annoying. Some people are annoying! That's true for any group.

AXKP5KC.png

...this isn't about pokemon at all, is it.

No? It's about the people that play Pokemon, as is this entire conversation.

All I'm saying is that there's not a single problematic group of people in the Pokemon fanbase (that is, people who hate competitive) there are several! Most fanbases suffer from that kind of thing. 

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

I've played through the "Special Demo!" 10 times now and so far I've gotten;

1 Galalie with megastone, 10 Pokeballs, 5 Heal balls and 2 sets of heart scales.

I get to transfer those to the full game when it comes out. :D

Edited by Dalek CAAN

EXTERMINATE!

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf 15201987503_1b25d2d5b1_m.jpg  

3DS Friend Code:2578-4213-3661        A link to Goooooomba

1 Galalie with megastone, 10 Pokeballs, 5 Heal balls and 2 sets of heart scales.

There's apparently other things in the demo that are time-locked. After 15 days of playing you get a Nugget to transfer, and for all we know there might even be more after that. So don't stop playing just yet, even if it gets a little monotonous!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I got the demo today. I've already played through the 10 normal missions. I'll be playing it once a day till AS release to see if I can get anything else. I'd play it more but I'm too into playing 3DS Smash.

I get to transfer those to the full game when it comes out.  :D

There's apparently other things in the demo that are time-locked. After 15 days of playing you get a Nugget to transfer, and for all we know there might even be more after that. So don't stop playing just yet, even if it gets a little monotonous!

Yeah, I know, I haven't playing it much,I should play it more but Sm4sh is really occupying... :sarcastic:  

EXTERMINATE!

(Fixed the quote for ya :P)

Edited by Dalek CAAN

EXTERMINATE!

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf 15201987503_1b25d2d5b1_m.jpg  

Whats the deal with competitve playing? I mean I'll battle people but its not like I do it on regular basis. I prefer to go through the story because well the story has always been my favorite part of Pokemon.

That said some of the people at my school (myself included) are bring their 3DS and gen 6 games and doing a tornement. So yay! I get to fight people in person who I know won't rage quit.

"When life gives you lemons.... Make orange soda!"

"You're immature for age..."

BZPRPG character profiles

Whats the deal with competitve playing? I mean I'll battle people but its not like I do it on regular basis. I prefer to go through the story because well the story has always been my favorite part of Pokemon.

That said some of the people at my school (myself included) are bring their 3DS and gen 6 games and doing a tornement. So yay! I get to fight people in person who I know won't rage quit.

I wouldn't be so sure about ragequitting. Just because they play competitively doesn't mean they're mature. :P

~B~

I wouldn't be so sure about ragequitting. Just because they play competitively doesn't mean they're mature. :P

~B~

I think they meant that they can't ragequit because they're battling in person. Online, they can do what they want. In person, you can't do that without looking like an immature little butt.

AXKP5KC.png

~B~

yup.

super annoying fighting some 15 year old who gloats over every prediction he makes

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Just got the Diancie from my local Gamestop yesterday, for those that are curious I could post the moveset. :)

Does anyone want a 5IV, Infiltrator, Timid, Noibat? I have about 3 boxes of them, so I need to give some away. 

EXTERMINATE!

Also, any takers? Like I said I have a lot to give away.

EXTERMINATE!

EXTERMINATE!