Issue With The Word Filter

Steelsheen

I was working on a new chapter for my epic in the Library and I realized to my annoyance that the word filter catches words I had used in dialogue for my characters. And finding that where you wanted an insult, the phrase "cool dude" has popped up makes for an awkward paragraph. I realize we don't want people calling each other names or swearing, but is there any way to fix the filter so that stories can use the non-swear words?-HH

Edited by -Windrider-
Please don't bypass the word filter!

Current Epic: Life is a Blank - last post Jan. 22

My Library: The Esoteric Athenaeum

Member of the Epic Critics' Club

aa0ef09c4ad9bf8017ddec306412e550_zpscff1

Groan Ninja'ed, like always.This has been brought up multiple times: currently the words your talking about are considered outdated, and when the Staff updates the filter they will be modified. For now all we can do is wait.Also as B6 would say, don't bypass the filter.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Don't worry about the bypassing thing; I didn't mean to scare you or anything. And no worries - what I said was just for future reference!Anyway, yes, you are certainly not the first author to have made this complaint. Many others have voiced the exact same concern. It is on the staff's to-do list to update the word filter; however, it is a more difficult task than it looks. The staff is comprised of a diverse body of opinions, the member base, even more so. It is our wish to update it in a way that is best for BZPower as a whole; therefore, it might take a while; reconciling the differing opinions is quite the job.It is very possible that, when the filter is updated, the words in question will be removed from it. I cannot, however, make any promises, so please do not treat my words as one! My apologies, but for now, you will have to find synonyms. I do not believe the word "fool" is filtered, so there is one option. I do, however, leave all authorial decisions to you.Question answered, topic closed.