MNOLG Music in X-Files

Wotz

So, I was watching the X-Files a few weeks ago and a piece of incidental music really caught my ear. I was stunned at first, I thought, 'this sounds just like the MNOLG music' and then it went into actually being the exact same piece.

Assuming it's a legal move (I skimmed through the rules a bit and I haven't been here in years, so if I'm being naughty I'm sorry), here's a .mp4 of the scene from the X-Files with the music more commonly known to weird Bionicle people as 'The Cutscene Where Tahu Cuts That Wooden Cage Open'.

But yeah, I'd like to know if anyone has seen this before/if anyone knows what's going on; I assume this is actually just library music, but from whence? 

The episode is Season 5 Episode 7 'Emily' for anyone interested - great show, honestly.

Edited by Wotzapp
  • Like 2

Yeah, that sample library must have been really popular in early 2000's media. I can think of several Playstation 1 games that also use this track.

I believe it was discovered that Justin Luchter (MNOG composer) sampled Sound Ideas - Symphonic Adventures Production Elements Toolkit for a few tracks.

I've heard that piece of music many times (first time after MNOG in a Disney Channel Original Movie). It follows me around, taunting me.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

9 hours ago, Keyblade87 said:

Yeah, that sample library must have been really popular in early 2000's media. I can think of several Playstation 1 games that also use this track.

I believe it was discovered that Justin Luchter (MNOG composer) sampled Sound Ideas - Symphonic Adventures Production Elements Toolkit for a few tracks.

Yeah you pretty much just solved this for me, cheers!

So that album of production music you just mentioned was pretty popular in late 90s/00s media, composed by this guy Dick De Benedictis, and the music in question is 'Predators (A)', which in itself is apparently modelled on a theme from the movie Predator. I'll probably comb the soundtrack for that at some point, I'm that kinda guy.

What's funnier is that someone already uploaded this to Youtube under the MNOLG banner but I just never saw it when originally trying to find the music, whoops. I'd link, but it ain't working for me right now.

So yeah, mystery solved, I guess, but there's still a bunch of other stock music in there that I don't think has been identified yet.

Wow, this was apparently in Trespasser, a Jurassic Park game I had as a kid (pre-BIONICLE) that‘s notorious for being released before they finished it (my favorite bug is this part where you pick up a pay phone, hang it back up and walk away about 50 feet, then turn around to discover that you’re Mr. Fantastic and your hand is still on the handset, your arm now stretched 50 feet long).

I never noticed before, but it’s coming back to me now.

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water