Looking for play testers

TheVirre2000

Hello fellow Bionicle entusiasts,

So you've heard of Bionicle quest for the masks tcg, right? and you played it? If so I have the opportunity of a lifetime for you. 

Do you like other card games? I do and in those card games there generally exist a little format called draft. You've heard of it, right?, no? Well then let me explain draft is a format where you in turn pick cards form piles until you have a gathering of cards from which you create a deck, sounds fun? yes? Now draft can be done through two methods in most card games, either you buy new booster packs and play with those or you can use a cube which is a collection of cards chosen too work well with eachother in a limited environment. Consider it to be like building your own expansion set to the card game in question. Where you choose what strategys and  archetypes you want in your cube. In other words a personalized draft experience that is replayable.

Now what does all of this have to do with Bionicle Quest for the mask TCG or play testers? I'm glad you asked because I do actually have a Bionicle qftm tcg cube and draft format in development. Thusly I'm in need of a few play testers, 12 or more to be exact. Why 12? well one game needs six players hence having more than the requiered amount of players will give more varied games and it will make finding flaws in my current prototype build of the cube easier as no game will be the same. 

Also since qftm isn't to widely played in the bionicle community this will be a good way to see what archetypes or the most common decks people would make is or in other words finding the games meta. Because of this the cube is built based on the base set which will give the most amount of creative freedom for people to go wild. In comparison too if I would have forced archetypes on players. 

However you might now be wondering well how do I join this project? You can join by dming me either here on the site, on discord or reddit with a list of your qualifications.

I do have some criterias though and those are as follows:

- Have experience within tabletop simulator.

- What times you are available.

- Being able to analys things critically.

So what are you waiting for if you feel that you fulfill 2 or more of these criterias, why wait enroll today and get a chance at being part of this project. Hope to be able to work with you!

//Tarkur

Edited by TheVirre2000
  • Like 1

Hello, 

A small update from me the project lead, here is the deal we are slowly but steadily reaching the desired amount of playtester too begin testing. While we still are in need of more people we've manage to double our numbers. however despite this we still need 2 more players to begin testing, more people will still be welcome. My hope is that we'll reach the 12 playtesters at our own pase after that hurdle. Anyway I also took the initiative to lower my requierments a bit, hopefully that will make it more accessible for people to join. 

Please consider joining and have a good weekend

Tarkur

Edited by TheVirre2000
  • Like 1

So overall this idea seems pretty interesting. Sadly as of right now I would not have the time to properly dedicate to this due to other Bionicle projects, so it would be unfair of me to throw my hat in the ring. However I think the idea is worth exploring, please keep BZ Power updated on how this goes and if you ever need feedback on a smaller scale I may be able to help out

• Like 1

:exclamation:currently searching for ANY Gray Plastic Krana Kal (GPKK):exclamation: If you were a member of Proto-squad, or know someone who was, please feel free to get in contact with me

On 11/22/2020 at 1:55 AM, Humble_Matoran said:

So overall this idea seems pretty interesting. 

Thank u

On 11/22/2020 at 1:55 AM, Humble_Matoran said:

please keep BZ Power updated on how this goes and if you ever need feedback on a smaller scale

Will do! whenever there is any news.

UPDATE: 

Hello again,

I have some very exiting news to share, we do only need one more player before we can get started for real. So if you want to get in I suggest signing up, It doesn't matter if you don't know how the game is play we will arrange at least one demo round for you too learn the game before proper testing. 

So if you don't know the game but want to join in on this project I recommend signing up before december 5th as I have a demo round planned.

Have a great day, everyone!

//Tarkur

Edited by TheVirre2000