Will Hero Factory have a legacy?

Lenny7092

Hi, guys. This year is almost ending, and Lego never talked about Hero Factory’s 10th anniversary, right? Well, it’s pretty disappointing because I actually like HF. I mean, if it weren’t for HF, I would be depressed for four and a half years without Bionicle since 2010. It’s a shame. I always need constraction back in my life. HF may be second rate, but it has a lot of charm. I mean, a TV show (a first for constraction), and reports in May 2012 about Universal planning to get the rights for a live-action HF movie according to The Hollywood Reporter (I think the website is referring to Bionicle and HF and an idea where Bionicle G1 and HF share the same universe because both are very similar. I believe in that). A TV show is what constraction needs, and it would be better if Lego had focused more on constraction to do these things, similar to Ninjago. Plus, HF did good in its time, and it introduced CCBS. 

So, you think HF would be remembered, and maybe Lego would think about celebrating its 11th anniversary next year to make up for it? I dearly hope so. Let’s give HF some love.

• Like 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

9 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

Hi, guys. This year is almost ending, and Lego never talked about Hero Factory’s 10th anniversary, right? Well, it’s pretty disappointing because I actually like HF. I mean, if it weren’t for HF, I would be depressed for four and a half years without Bionicle since 2010. It’s a shame. I always need constraction back in my life. HF may be second rate, but it has a lot of charm. I mean, a TV show (a first for constraction), and reports in May 2012 about Universal planning to get the rights for a live-action HF movie according to The Hollywood Reporter (I think the website is referring to Bionicle and HF and an idea where Bionicle G1 and HF share the same universe because both are very similar. I believe in that). A TV show is what constraction needs, and it would be better if Lego had focused more on constraction to do these things, similar to Ninjago. Plus, HF did good in its time, and it introduced CCBS. 

So, you think HF would be remembered, and maybe Lego would think about celebrating its 11th anniversary next year to make up for it? I dearly hope so. Let’s give HF some love.

Well, LEGO seemed to easily pass by that BIONICLE Ideas set, so it probably won't be seen again from LEGO. Then it seems that it's up to the fans to keep HF alive, in one way or another. And also, Happy New Year!

7 hours ago, Darth Fandom said:

Well, LEGO seemed to easily pass by that BIONICLE Ideas set, so it probably won't be seen again from LEGO. Then it seems that it's up to the fans to keep HF alive, in one way or another. And also, Happy New Year!

Well, I see what you mean. Have you ever thought about email Lego and asking them to bring back those themes? They can’t not be utilized forever because Bionicle is what saved Lego from bankruptcy in 2001, and HF is a spiritual successor for Bionicle. Since 2016, many fans have been pessimistic about the themes’ future just because they are not there. I get it. Just try it keep them alive, so maybe Lego would think about it. 

Maybe Lego didn’t approve the Bionicle Ideas project because 2020 isn’t the right time. 2021 should have been. That’s my theory.

20 hours ago, TwinEngines said:

It's still possible, seeing how Bionicle returned in 2015, we might see some new Hero Factory in the future.

I would love this, but I'm scared that if LEGO did bring HF back, they would reboot it, which I wouldn't like.

22 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

Maybe Lego didn’t approve the Bionicle Ideas project because 2020 isn’t the right time. 2021 should have been. That’s my theory.

Maybe that's true and hopefully it is because, although I'm not much of a BIONICLE fan, I would love to get that set.

11 hours ago, Darth Fandom said:

I would love this, but I'm scared that if LEGO did bring HF back, they would reboot it, which I wouldn't like.

Maybe that's true and hopefully it is because, although I'm not much of a BIONICLE fan, I would love to get that set.

I guess only time can tell. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, anything can happen. Some people love HF for the CCBS (it’s been 10 years). If it weren’t for HF, constraction would have been ended in 2010 rather than 2018, and we would be bored without HF in 2010-2014. We can be thankful for it. I get that not everyone looks HF, but give it a chance about about its life.