Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Arkius - Ruins of Earth

Arkius strode out into the center of the chamber, a thoughtful expression on his face. Kneeling down, he placed his palm on the reflective floor... reflective. Was it? Standing up, Arkius retrieved his axe off his back, orienting the spike to face forward in his grip before he brought it down with all his might.

@Eyru@The UltimoScorp@Tarn@pokemonlover360

• Like 1

IC: Whisper - Ambling Up

Were Whisper able to smile, she might have done so at the sight of the beings now disembarking from the airship. She'd expected to find Knichou, but the appearance of Stannis was a welcome surprise. She soon joined Taja outside the vessel, and quietly waited for a chance to interject in the conversation, not wanting to draw any ire upon herself by interrupting. 

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Koro, Bunker)

"'Eradication'? Some of your kind do choose to abandon your aforementioned 'virtues' and 'principles', you know. Genocide was never the goal, though you certainly seemed to act as if it was."

Vulimai couldn't help but express incredulity at Ostrox' statement, about how eradication was never the purpose of the League. To Ostrox, his goal may have been noble and just, and it might've been. But to Vulimai, she had her own perception on the war. Her and her unit weren't soldiers, not really. Though they were trained as such, their purpose was to fortify settlements and cities and too assist with evacuations...And not all those evacuations were successful.

Through gritted teeth, and with a sardonic smile akin to Ostrox' own, Vulimai spoke, "I'm sorry if I had a hard time telling the difference between the blood of soldiers or civilians through all the debris in the air and smoke in my optics...But, you are right. This is getting off-topic."

"As for your alternative plans. Plan A is most certainly not going to work out for you. As for plan B, I'm not against it, it's just that I don't know how to execute it without causing mass panic. I myself never had faith in Mata-Nui, and I'm sure many of the Matoran have already forsaken him, but the virtues aren't mutually-exclusive concepts and the Matoran still cling to them as one of the few things they still have. To dissuade such beliefs, I would have to reveal the threat that Mata-Nui is, which would only lead to panic and despair, neither of which I want happening in Kini-Koro." Vulimai punctuated her final statement with a threatening glare, making it clear to Ostrox to keep Plan B to himself, for now.

"And as for Aurax, that wasn't our doing. For Aurax, you can blame Toa Stannis. And believe me, most of us are also not happy about it either. But according to the old sage, your comparison to a puppet may be more true than either of us know, but feel free to ask him yourself if you're curious."

Vulimai said her peace, and was nearly satisfied with all that she said, but one last thing Ostrox said still peak her interest. "You said I should be concerned about the others...Why is that? If you're still willing to humor me, I'm sure you're dying to get away from me by this point."

OOC: @Toru Nui

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Earth

Three members of the group returned to their respective gears, but Arkius strode alone to the center of the chamber. Taking his axe, the toa swung it in a broad arc, bringing the rear spike down on the floor. The point of the spike buried itself in the crystalline ground with a chok, sending shards of crystal skittering across the floor and kick-starting a spiderweb of cracks that blossomed out from the point of impact. Thankfully, the floor still held firm, although perhaps the adventurers would tread a little more carefully over the jagged white lines that now marred the previously pristine surface.

Looking down, Arkius still saw neither his reflection nor the reflection of the weapon that was now embedded in the floor. He could, however, look through the floor to see the spike of the axe emerging beneath his feet, pointing down towards the "reflection" of the ceiling.

OOC: @Onaku @pokemonlover360 @The UltimoScorp @Tarn

IC: Taja | Kini-Koro

"You might say that," Taja replied to Knichou. Then she looked at Nale. "Good morning, Nale. I see you've been busy."

Then the mysterious pilot appeared. With a start of surprise, Taja recognized Stannis, the Toa she had last met aboard the Taku what seemed like a lifetime ago.

"That's me," she said, greeting the Wanderer with a smile. "Welcome to Kini-Koro, Toa Stannis."

• Like 5

IC Kilo-M9 - Ruins of Earth:

New group observation: Floor is not a mirror. Door to progress is under transparent floor.

New objective: Clear obstacle.

Retrieving disc 435 from storage. Alerting allies.

From its position by one of the gears, the machine began to climb onto the crystals along its segment of wall. During this movement it reached into one of its side compartments, removing a disc of Ko-metru origin. It prepared to launch the projectile before glancing at its allies.

Please clear the area and find secure handholds as desired. This unit will remove the obstacle.”

Jutori and possibly Arkius would find this setup very familiar.

OOC: @Onaku@The UltimoScorp@Tarn@Eyru

• Like 3

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC Katrin of the Flame - Earth Ruins:

"Whoa Arkius, what are you- wait what? The floor is see-through? How did you guess that?" Kat didn't leave her position, but at Kilo's urging, she hopped up onto the crystals around the gear she had been next to. She was very confused, but trusted her friends judgement.

@Onaku@pokemonlover360@Tarn

• Like 1

IC Kilo-M9 - Ruins of Earth:

Target area is clear.

Firing.

The machine let the weakness disc fly forth, calculated aim leading the projectile to the center of the floor where Arkius had previously cracked it.

OOC: @Onaku@The UltimoScorp@Tarn@Eyru

• Like 3

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro Hillside

Seeing even more beings approach (most familiar, to varying degrees) was both refreshing and stress-inducing. So much to do, so little time. He wasn't sure what business the assorted citizens had, but Knichou had a guess it was the same as Taja's. The Toa of iron surveyed the growing crowd.

"Kanohi? It's... been a while... Now all we need is Arkius and it'd be just like the good old days, right?" Knichou joked, glancing at Nale with a smirk. One would assume that being hunted by the dark hunters and chased by Vahki, all while trying to uncover state secrets and ancient artifacts (during wartime no less!) would not be something that the former Ghost looked back on fondly, but the apocalypse, the continuation of the war, and Aurax assuming power really raised the bar for bad memories.

Besides, those 'old days' of nearly a month and a half ago, despite all the stress and strife, were where he met Stannis, who always reminded him to be mindful of the responsibility of his powers and how to wield - or not wield them - for justice. Where he met Kanohi, who reminded Knichou of the importance of the average citizenry, those who Knichou rarely interacted with in his solitary, Ghostlike life. Where he met Arkius, who proved time and again that there was no part of his body that he wouldn't put in the way of danger, no amount of pain he wouldn't endure, if it could shield the helpless. Where he met Nale, who renewed Knichou's faith in the selflessness of Toa by standing her ground, expecting no rescue or reward. Where they were united by their duty to the Matoran. Where for a brief moment, there was hope, and Knichou felt he saw his destiny.

Hopefully the others had just as many fond memories of the time, despite the pain those memories also shared.

Knichou soon became painfully aware that he had spent too much time looking between everyone and thinking of the aforementioned old days. Thinking of how so many of those around him had formerly travelled with him on the Taku, and how they had all grown so much since then. He felt the pressure of several eyes on him who might be expecting that he had more to say than a quip.

"Well, uh, you're all here to see Stannis," Knichou announced, giving the toa of stone a friendly slap on the back with his free arm. "... and he certainly has plenty to tell of his travels. I'll... I'll stay out of the way, I uh, have to finish restocking his airship. I'll be back soon."

The Toa of iron awkwardly began to shuffle back into the Ambling Alp, continuing to carry the stack of levitation Kanoka with him. He didn't need to hear Stannis's story again - best to be productive instead. Work, yes, that was what he needed. To clear his head.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 6

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC Kanohi - Kini-Koro

Kanohi blushed, looking away. So many of his old companions were here, it … it had been so long since so many of them were together. Knichou looked … so unlike his old color scheme, he had seen him in Po-Koro, but back then he had not realized they were the same person. Maybe the result of his nanites. The same nanites that still let Kanohi grapple about.

He ... Kanohi’s memories of that scene in Po-Koro were hazy, but he thought Knichou had possessed a different mask. The rumors might indeed be true.

And the Taku seemed grander too. Or rather, more heavily armed. He remembered when it’s main weapon was knocking an enemy off its hull by scraping him off.

Kanohi had been a wreck back then. Shutting down at the slightest source of conflict. He still was, but he was a little better at dealing with stress, and a little bit more confident too.

Then he realized Knichou was walking away. “Wait, Knichou,” he called out as he shook out of his thoughts, “w-we were hoping to speak to you.

The councilor winced and turned to Toa Stannis, saying “Toa Stannis, it is ... it is great to see you alive. I am ... sorry for my failures, a gigantic beast passed our village, leaving a flood in its wake. Po-Koro had to … we relocated to the Ruins of Stone, our new village is Tobruk-Koro. A portal in this village links to it.” The Matoran tried not to face Stannis, and instead to have his gaze follow Knichou as he walked away.

Finally the councilor flinched and started to turn towards Whisper, before spotting a Toa. A familiar Toa, not from the Taku but, the one who fainted?

“Toa Taja, correct? Would you be willing to speak to someone on the stone ruins? They are a Vortixx whose name is … they will undergo naming day soon but they previously went by Collector. Currently wears a Noble Kiril. They wanted to ask you about your experiences. I am sorry, I r-really need to speak to Knichou.” And then he began to hurry up the Taku, supporting his quaking feet with his staff. 

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @~Xemnas~ @Toru Nui @BULiK @Tarn @Eyru

Edited by Harvali
So many continuity errors
  • Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

1 hour ago, Eyru said:

IC: Taja | Kini-Koro

"That's me," she said, greeting the Wanderer with a smile. "Welcome to Kini-Koro, Toa Stannis."

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

The old Wanderer stretched his back by arching it once back outside his airship again and inhaled long and hard through his nose. What had been crisp, pure alpine air around the ancient temple complex had been gained by the fumes of engines and industry. "Kini-Koro?" he said under his breath. "Smells more like Butt-Koro."

"Well, uh, you're all here to see Stannis," Knichou announced, giving the toa of stone a friendly slap on the back with his free arm. "... and he certainly has plenty to tell of his travels. I'll... I'll stay out of the way, I uh, have to finish restocking his airship. I'll be back soon."

"Kanohi!" Stannis blurted in effusive joy at the sight of the fellow prophetic, opening his arms out wide in greeting, spreading them out in the vast sleeved of his cloak until he looked like some great bird about to scoop everyone up under his voluminous wings. "And Whisper. I do seem to attract reunions wherever I go.

• Like 2

IC: Nale Vella - Kini-Koro

"Busy, yes," she replied to Taja. "But I've gotten used to such mornings, just didn't think today would be the one for reunions."

Nale smiled at Kanohi on the last word, happy to see the Matoran again. Whisper had also arrived, bringing the count of those present ever upward. But these people were her friends and allies, so it wasn't like she was complaining. The Toa of Magnetism was fine with being surrounded with those she cared for, just for the moment, on a pleasant morning in Kini-Koro. She found Knichou's blatant attempt to avoid the crowd humorous, although when the Fe-Toa mentioned Arkius her expression briefly turned, before the smile formed on her Kakama once more. She had hoped he hadn't noticed.

"You sure you don't need a hand with that?" she asked Knichou, joining Kanohi in slowing the Toa of Iron before he could slip away.

@BULiK@EmperorWhenua@~Xemnas~@Eyru@Harvali@Nato the Traveler

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

34 minutes ago, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

"And Whisper. I do seem to attract reunions wherever I go.

IC: Whisper - Kini-Koro

"You have astounding timing," she replied. "I'd just begun searching for someone with your... wisdom." 

@EmperorWhenua

• Like 3

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Parnassus | Fort Nektann

Parnassus thought that they could sense something -- the faintest flicker of weakness in Drukarus' ancient mind. Caedast's ... gift ... had proved troublesome at first, a bombardment of information the likes of which the young Aspect had never experienced before. Harried night and day by the thoughts and feelings of dozens of warskaks at any one time ... it might have been enough to drive even their disguised cousin mad. It had only been through long weeks of practice that Parnassus had gained any sense of stability, of self. Long weeks, and the tutelage of Detsu, son of Retsu.

"I'm afraid that I can't confirm whether or not Korruhn was truly my kin," the Aspect said. "Miserix referred to him as a ... what was it? A poisoned yolk of void and malice, yes. If what he told me of a wellspring of shadow the likes of which even don't know about is true, he may simply be a protoderm who was touched by ... something."

OOC: @Sparticus147

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

"Well, I was hoping to get some information from the Administrator who resides in the temples," she explained. "But he's demanded that I acquire something called a Codex of Absolution and take it to Mi-Kiri first. Apparently this Codex can only be given by a Grand Builder, Chronicler, or Forgemaster. I was hoping someone here might know where I could find such a person... and you seem the most knowledgeable and experienced of any Toa I've encountered so far."

@EmperorWhenua

• Like 2

IC: Drukarus (Fort Nektann)

"Hrmph...I assumed as much at first glance, merely a Toa guising as a demon...A haughty claim upon this island, considering here...The concept of magic is far more...material." Drukarus wasn't one for small talk, fitting the stoic Skakdi. If words are to be spoken, then let them be spoken with purpose, not just for petty amusement. Though, perhaps whatever otherworldly contact the false-demon, Toa Korruhn, made could be made of use to the Warskak. But that would be up to Barius to decide...Or perhaps for Drukarus to persuade him, if they were willing to listen.

OOC: @Conway @Burnmad

Edited by Sparticus147

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

"The Administrator told you of this? Hrmm," Stannis said, more a statement than a question. He needed to pay the ancient intelligence a visit, it might be pleased to know its relative still functioned dutifully protecting her own set of secrets. "Perhaps I am the most knowledgeable there is by far, and perhaps I know a thing or two about the things you speak. Why do you seek this Codex of Absolution?"

@Nato the Traveler

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 2

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro Hillside, The Ambling Alp

Knichou looked over his shoulder as Kanohi spoke to him. The matoran had come to see him? Knichou assumed it had to be related to Stannis's impeccable timing. He jerked his head towards the door to indicate for Kanohi to follow. While he waited for Kanohi to finish speaking to the others and catch up, he responded to Nale. "Do I need a hand? Probably not..."

Too literal, too literal, just say yes you ####ing idiot.

"...but it certainly couldn't hurt if you did give me one, could it?"

As much as he tried to keep cheerful, his optics danced between both of hers, trying his best to gauge how she felt. He was having trouble answering, his mind was stuck on a loop, thinking of the look he had caught on Nale's face a few moments earlier when he started to speak to the crowd. He repeatedly cursed himself silently in his mind, he should have known better than to make the joke again - when he mentioned the 'good old days', he must have reminded her of what she had gone through in the archives...

Maybe he could find time to apologize in the privacy of the ship. Or wait, would apologizing just remind her of it again? ####.

With those who wanted to follow him doing so, the engineer carried the stack of Kanoka to the back of the airship, the lounge providing ample space for conversation. As he began to swap out nearly-depleted levitation kanoka with fresh ones, he spoke to Kanohi. After all, that will give him more time to decide how to apologize to Nale, or ascertain whether or not that would make the situation worse. There seemed to always be something for the Ghost to worry about, regardless of the legitimacy or severity.

"It's been a while, Kanohi. How have you been? I've heard you've been quite busy lately."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

7 minutes ago, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

"Why do you seek this Codex of Absolution?"

"Because I seek information about the history of this island, and apparently I lack the necessary permissions to be granted the knowledge I need," she said. "The Administrator said if I get a Codex and take it the Aqua Sphere, the truth may be made evident." 

@EmperorWhenua

• Like 2

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Earth

Kilo fired. Its aim was true, and the disk of weakening struck the spot where Arkius's axe had dug a small hole in the crystal. The disk itself did no damage, but its effects were immediately visible. The spiderweb of cracks that had expanded from the point of impact grew larger, and smaller cracks began to blossom between the bigger ones. For a moment, that was the only effect. Then the centre of the spiderweb gave way. A central, circular portion of crystal simply dissolved, falling like a stream of clear sand to the spikes and stalagmites on the "ceiling" far below, leaving a roughly toa-sized hole in the center of the floor. Now that a hole had been opened, it was clear that Arkius was right: the floor was not reflective, but transparent. The "reflection" of the room was actually a separate (but identical) room seen through the floor. That room could now be accessed through the hole in the floor.

OOC: @Tarn @pokemonlover360 @The UltimoScorp @Onaku

• Like 5

IC Kanohi - Kini-Koro

Kanohi felt his burnt orange face beneath his mask darken to a maroon. “Um, yes, I have tried to at least. Disks need making, rules for Tobduk-Koro need establishing, rushed homes need to be reinforced and repaired. And since four T-Toa and Kilo left things have been a bit nerve wracking. If that ‘rain demon’ returned … well for the moment things are a bit more stable now though. We have more defenses, food, some Matoran are using Mahi for carts, I managed to make a Noble Kiril, never successfully made a powered mask before, and rarely any non powered ones.

The technology of disks was oddly validating. Okoto never knew about Disks, masks were made from raw molten Protodermis, there was no way to know what it’s power would be, if it would have a power, or what would be the ideal shape. Most mask makers back in Okoto just … understood how to shape the metal, they had an instinct for it. Kanohi had struggled, so many masks shattered.

But since he now knew how to forge disks, and he could start with a disk with its power and power level already known, it was easier. It was now broken into manageable tasks, he knew what shape to make it, he knew if it would be powered or not, not to mention that Kiril and Jutlin were some of the easiest masks to make, they required no masks to be combined. It … it was easier.

The Councilor shook his head, “sorry, need to focus. I…” He looked around, they were now safely in the back of the smaller airship, it … maybe it was secure.

He swallowed, “So, Councilor NU has explained to me that almost all Vahki are currently slaves of the League. Which I kn-knew but didn’t un-understand. S-sorry, no e-excuses. The point is that it is wrong. I … did you know Matoran ordered the Vahki to slaughter Kilo’s people? There is…” The Matoran struggled to support himself on his staff, looking a bit more like a shaky Turaga.

Finally he resumed, ”Sorry, what I mean is that Aurax’s control of the Vahki cannot go on. So I … I was wondering, given your expertise on tech and your connection to Nuparu, do you think you could help us liberate the Vahki from the League? We will need to discuss this with Commander Vulimai too, it affects all refugees, but I … Councilor NU, can you explain it better?

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @~Xemnas~ @Toru Nui @BULiK @Tarn @Eyru

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC Katrin of the Flame- Earth Ruins:

"Great job, guys!" The monk called, and with a whoop of joy, she leapt from her spot on the crystal, turned over once in the air, and just before dropping neatly through the hole, yelled, "Last one through is a Makuta-fish!"

Once she had passed through the hole, she let a burst of flame erupt from her feet and hands, to stop her fall, and then another that sent her toward the open door that lay beneath the floor.

@Onaku@Tarn@pokemonlover360@Eyru

OOC: LEAP OF FAITH

• Like 1

IC: Nale Vella - Ambling Alp (Lounge)

Her expression didn't change much. Not like it had previous, at least. She boarded with the pair, holding the Kanoka for Knichou as he worked. Nale passed a levitation disk to the Fe-Toa, then turned to Kanohi with curiosity. A comment he had made caught her attention. "Rain demon?"

@BULiK@Harvali

IC: Jutori - Earth Ruins

The Ba-Toa walked over to the opening Kilo had created and peered down into it as Kat took her plunge. A sudden and extreme hesitation had come over him, but he pushed it down. He was a Toa, after all, but part of him still worried there was some twist to this place the group would run into that would spell disaster for them.

Taking a breath, he then followed their enthusastic Ta-Toa down, using his element to control his descent.

@Onaku@pokemonlover360@The UltimoScorp@Eyru

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

1 hour ago, Nato the Traveler said:

"Because I seek information about the history of this island, and apparently I lack the necessary permissions to be granted the knowledge I need," she said. "The Administrator said if I get a Codex and take it the Aqua Sphere, the truth may be made evident." 

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

"So if it's knowledge you're after..." he said, the mirth be expressed so effusively before now drained to sober deliberation as he regarded the floating Aspect. She had changed, or rather transformed, from how she was a month before when he first laid his two eyes on her... myriad eyes, and the Wanderer wondered if that transformation was more than physical. Despite what he led others to believe during his lectures on board the Taku, which for all intents and purposes functional as Whisper's trial for the desecration of Taja, Stannis did not hate the being. He did not consider her good, or evil, or anything so mundane. Whether she or anyone else had any inkling, Stannis—or, rather, the ancient spirit inside his body—saw Whisper for what she truly was without the polarizing lenses of preconceived prejudices. 

The Aspect of Control looked at her, the bizarre and frightening mass of twitching pink and black tendrils, and what he saw was a being as complex and multitudinous as the winds of change themselves. They were more alike than anyone truly could understand. For an instant, Stannis' great cloak billowed and whipped around his body in a dazzling display of writhing threads and tattered cloth with a myriad of tears and holes adorning the vestment like screaming faces, one instant there and the next smothered to silence, and then the show was over and the garb fell flat around his aged sides. Vexingly, there was hardly any wind in the valley now that the airships were landed. It was the first true hint Whisper had that the old man before her was something much more than what he seemed. 

"... then why did you ask for my wisdom?" he asked, sounding... curious, the way a librarian would admire a child wandering the book aisles without a chaperone and selecting tomes without insight on the contents of the books he chose. 

• Like 5

Whisper understood the intricacies of conversation, the need for subtlety and secrets, silence and subversion. But she also knew the need for honesty, even when the truth was unfortunate or inconvenient. So that was the option she went with now. 

"Because calling you wise was more polite than calling you old." 

• Like 8

IC: Ostrox (Kini-Koro, Bunker) - The Massacre of Matorankind

"Oh don’t worry, I can’t tell any difference either. Those 'civilians' were given every opportunity to walk away. Just because you don’t hold the whip yourself doesn’t make you not responsible."

Ostrox said, uncaring that Vulimai had diverted the conversation elsewhere, unwilling to let any of the Matoran’s statements be unchallenged.

"Speaking of who does hold it, my point is - if your friends were hiding this from you, what else are they hiding? This is not some elaborate scheme, before you start making accusations. I am trying to convince you that your leaders cannot be trusted because they evidently cannot be trusted. Then again, you’re also demanding this be kept under the rug despite being aware of the consequences, so I don’t know why I bother, really."

@Sparticus147

IC: NU-8020S (Kini-Koro, The Ambling Alp, Exterior) - Awaiting Input

"All Vahki units in Metru Nui remain under Barraki control. This situation cannot continue, but the solution is unclear. Constructing a new Vahki Hive is possible, but would be ineffectual when the League has six Hives programmed to distribute their commands and ensure obedience. Destroying these Hives would violate the current ceasefire, and would leave all units confused and directionless. We require your input, as sources indicate you may have some engineering capabilities."

@BULiK@Harvali

• Like 1

A Builder? Parnassus' mind whirled. If Korruhn had been travelling with Caedast, was it possible that he too had been....

"In comparison to your own homeland, I take it," the Aspect said. "Stannis told me a small amount about this Matoran Universe that you and he hail from, but not much. Had you ever met the man before his arrival at this fort?"

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

9 hours ago, Nato the Traveler said:

"Because calling you wise was more polite than calling you old." 

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

"If only old age were equated to wisdom, or, indeed, to knowledge... but it is not so, and it seems someone as youthful as you can possess wisdom aplenty, Whisper," Stannis considered thoughtfully. 

@Nato the Traveler

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 1

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro Hillside, The Ambling Alp

Knichou took another disk from Nale, inserting it into yet another slot behind the hull paneling, taking care to keep his hands out of the machinery's path.

Kanohi was forging... Kanohi? Intriguing. Arkius must be in that group of Toa that left with the Krahli, Knichou thought he heard something along those lines before. Nevertheless, Knichou was happy to hear that despite the trials that Kanohi and Po Tobduk-Koro had gone through, they were stronger now because of it. Like Nale, the engineer was curious about this 'rain demon', but he didn't press the issue, instead thinking of the matter at hand.

The ex-Ghost still didn't know what to think about one of Metru-Nui's former mechanized police force having a position of leadership equal to Kanohi. The Vahki, like many tools the matoran had at their disposal, were important for the security of the Matoran, and how they were deployed is crucial. Perhaps designating one of the automatons as a formal part of the chain of command granted more efficiencies in directing the village's security forces, Knichou supposed.

Knichou took the last disk from Nale, moving to the other side of the room to swap out the final component, as Kanohi's clockwork companion finished it's report. When it had finished it's output, Knichou silently completed his task, thinking for a few moments to think before his response.

Had the duo approached Knichou the day before with this objective, he would have said it was too risky. While depriving Aurax of his army was something Knichou desperately wanted to do, the potential losses if they were unsuccessful and Aurax sought vengeance were too great. The fragile peace had to be upheld. But given what Stannis had told him just a few minutes before, perhaps even if they weren't completely successful, Aurax would be compelled not to retaliate because of Stannis's mysterious spell. Knichou would want to seek the wanderer's wisdom on the matter first, of course, but the scheme was plausible.

If it weren't for his control of the Vahki, Aurax would already have been deposed by Zaliyah, or so Knichou had been told. Releasing them from Aurax's command would allow for a quick and bloodless coup, letting Knichou bring Aurax to justice without violating his newfound Toa Code. Then, with the Vahki now under Knichou's jurisdiction and the League in shambles, the matoran of Kini-Koro would surely be secure from any threats this island could throw at them. Kanohi and his lieutenant called for a bold plan, and it's potential boon was too great to be ignored.

"I agree, this is an important matter. If I knew exactly how, it would be easy for me to build a Vahki hive in Kini-Koro or even Tobduk-Koro, but that wouldn't do anything help free Aurax's Vahki army from his command, and manufacturing our own would take time."

"I will help you however I can, and I believe the best way to do that is to not destroy the hives, but to transfer ownership. I have assurances from Stannis that Aurax is incapable of breaking our armistice with the League, but even still, it's absolutely critical to remove Aurax from power in the process, just in case. If I can get into the hives, perhaps I can learn how to take control of it and use the Vahki to quickly and easily force Aurax's surrender. The logistics of transferring hives from Metru-Nui to Kini-Nui we can work out once we're at that point."

• Like 2

IC [Zataka - Aboard the ‘Tactical Panda’]

"You handled one Mesi warband already, so what's another?"

The titan returned Yumiwak’s look with a neutral expression, her face unreadable. She could feel the adrenaline rising but at the same time she also felt like a third party observer, watching the scene play out from a distance. This was it then, the point of no return where she would find out if this tentative alliance would pan out and the Skakdi princess would get her way with her help, or if she would have to start striking out on her own again. Either way, she was determined to see this through. She conjured up the shoreline of her home before her mind’s eye. She took hold of the thought and held it tight. She would see those shores again. Failing here was not an option.

As the airship began its final landing approach Zataka stepped forward, feeling the weight of her armaments. Irnakk's Tooth loomed over them. She raised her blade, still in its makeshift protective wrapping, high above her head. With a flick of her thumb, she undid the knot that held the wraps in place and with a flick of the wrist, they fell away at once, dark ribbons fluttering away in a stiff breeze. The revealed blade gleamed, it’s edge keen as ever.

As Yumiwak and Korio sprang into action, Zataka followed suit, smoothly vaulting over the railing. Her armored feet hit the black sands with a thud, kicking up ashen dust. She took one last glance up at the volcano, then followed the Skakdi princess into the mountain with long, powerful strides. 

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

IC [Metru-Koro]

Surveying the area, the Toa found that Metru-Koro looked little worse for wear after being abandoned - that was to say, the ruins had not degraded much beyond the damage they’d already suffered prior to the Matoran exodus. The two main signs that this was no longer anyone’s home: the eerie silence and that even in a place such as this, nature eventually would reclaim its territory. Rough weeds had begun to grow out of cracks in the ground and here and there, patches of moss grew in shady spots.

Aside from this sign of abandonment the settlement looked unchanged. People had packed up everything of value of course, but what had been left behind was untouched so far. Everything was still familiar and Okuo would have no trouble navigating the place.

OOC: @Onaku

IC: [Nixie - Kini-Koro]

Klawne felt something nudge her side. It was Nixie. Normally keeping her distance from the other afflicted and her caretakers, the former astronomer had quietly moved near the Turaga and was now looking at her quizzically.

• Like 3

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui, Bunker)

Vulimai's face dropped into a disgusted sneer, any sort of military professionalism she still had left having been all but sapped away. This was going nowhere. What was supposed to be a discussion over a potential threat to the Matoran, if not every being upon this island, has just turned into the same circular debate of who's fault is it. It was infuriating talking to Ostrox, with him not wasting a single breath without him delivering a backhanded statement at every turn. Vulimai could've just walked away right then and there, leaving Ostrox to shimmer with his hatred...But she refused to let Ostrox beat her, she refused to let herself prove Ostrox's bigoted point, she refused to let this end without some form of consensus between the two from being made.

Looking up towards Ostrox, meeting his hate filled gaze with her own defiant one, Vulimai spoke out, her face rigid and determined, her words tempered yet sharp, "Ostrox, I'm curious...What leaders are you talking about? Because if you're talking about the old Turaga, then you don't need to tell me twice not to trust them, I lost faith in them a while ago alongside Mata-Nui. The only one in charge here in Kini-Koro, is only myself, because no one else is willing to take up the job and the responsibilities that comes with it."

"And I don't know where you got the idea of me trying to put this 'under the rug' but I can most certainly assure you that's not the case. I'm not like Dume, where I kept my charges in the dark, leaving them to live a life of ignorance to the threats that were banging upon our walls! Nor am I Sans, who was ever so willing to throw them to the Kavinikas to settle his own grudges!"

Vulimai's voice began to rise in volume and intensity, the anger and frustrations that had been building up within her for so long now, finally being able to rise up to the surface. Taking a step towards Ostrox, and another if the Mantaxian dared to step away, Vulimai waved an accusatory gesture towards him. "You say that the Matoran are still responsible for the crimes against your people, even though they didn't hold the whip? Tell me, do you even know just how ignorant and oblivious they were? Because I do...You place all your blame and hatred upon them, when in reality, the ones you should be hating, are already dead; Dume, Sans, the Order, all of them are dead now, alongside the old world!"

"I'm not asking for your forgiveness, nor do I want it. All I'm asking, is that you stop repeating the mistakes of our leaders, and continuing to act like there is still a war between the two of us when there isn't one. I'm more than willing to help you deal with this threat, for as you said, it pertains to more than just the Matoran, it pertains to everyone. But, them, the Matoran, they may be my charges, but I still see them as ignorant and stupid, barely holding onto a hope that there will be a future. And I don't intend on shattering that hope any time soon. Tell me what you need and who you need and I'll see what I can do...Just...Leave them out of it...For now."

With her final words spoken, the anger having melted away into a simply honest plea, Vulimai took a step back and a deep breath. Her expression and stance were weary now, the flood of emotions and adrenaline sapping her strength to carry on in this debate. But the optics that met Ostrox' own were still filled with that same determined edge that burned brightly, and seared their way through the Mantaxian's own.

"Yes, in comparison to my home...And as for Stannis...No, I had never met the Toa before our meeting here, nor am I upset that I have only just made his acquaintance…But, you would be hard-pressed to find anyone from my world that had not heard of the Toa of the Maru, or one of the many titles he goes by."

OOC: @Conway

Edited by Sparticus147
Added Drukarus
  • Like 2

"Many titles, yes...," Parnassus said, their tone airy and distant. "Stannis told me of his status amongst the Matoran -- hero, prophet. Some might say a god, although he denied such things. Said that deification wasn't his goal ... which I find hard to believe, knowing what I do about his heritage...."

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

She puzzled over Stannis' apparent compliment for a few moments, uncertain what Stannis meant. What had she done that could ever be considered wise? She'd meddled with the lives of dozens for nothing more than her own amusement. She'd risked killing Taja by tricking her into an abnormal desecration just to see what might happen. Even her desire to change the world was borne out of a selfish fear of ceasing to be.

"I'll... take your word for it," she finally said. "So, do you have any wisdom or knowledge that could assist me?"

@EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

Drukarus already knew what Parnassus had meant when he referred to Stannis' lineage. But...Something was off. Parnassus was nothing like the sagely Caedast, who if his words were to be taken at face value, sought to freely share his knowledge. No, this was a bait, for what, Drukarus wasn't sure. But all the same, he girded his words and his mind against whatever scrutinizing means Parnassus used against him.

"His heritage?...What is it that you have learned about him...Something worthy for Barius to know?"

OOC: @Conway

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 1

IC: Ostrox (Kini-Koro, Bunker) - With Friends Like These

"You... you really believe what you’re selling me, don’t you?" The tone was not accusatory, nor was there any venom in it. Just surprise and grudging acceptance.

"Very well then. I will go on Nuju’s cosmic treasure hunt and see if I can scrape anything useful out of it. That is unlikely, but it is not as if we’ve been left any other options. Even if you agreed to Plans A through C, your leaders - erm, 'friends' wouldn’t let you. You’re like Aurax, I’m afraid. Tangled in their strings."

This was not mockery. This was him trying to warn Vulimai. Ostrox was trying to convince her that the Toa were using her because that was what Ostrox genuinely believed.

@Sparticus147

IC: NU-8020S (Kini-Koro, The Ambling Alp, Exterior) - It Looks Like You're Trying to Reprogram a Robot Army, Would You Like Some Help?

A brief moment passed, while NU-8020S calculated the next move. Transferring control from one Toa to another was not something that appealed. However, it was clear that Stannis had a hold on Aurax, making the refugees the safer option, though clearly Knichou was withholding details. Stannis. Knichou. Something was familiar about them, something to do with Nuparu, but what was it? Regardless...

"Such an operation would require physical access to one of the Hives. These are heavily defended by Vahki at all times due to their critical importance, and run on incredibly advanced software. You will require a guide. Fortunately, I have proven immune to League reprogramming. I would have returned to Metru Nui long ago if that were not the case. I will accompany you on this mission."

@BULiK@Harvali

IC: Klawne (Ko-Pou Shelter) - Solid Ground

Klawne turned to Nixie. "Yes? Don’t worry, everything’s hunky-dory out there. Okuo and Triage will be back soon."

@Vezok's Friend

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 2

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro, The Ambling Alp

Bringing a Vahki along could definitely help with interfacing with a Hive, although Knichou immediately already had a living being pegged as the perfect operative for this sort of mission. He'd have to sent a communique to Po-Kou first, however. Until then, it was best to run this by Vulimai and Stannis first, and start the real planning.

"Okay. I'll call a meeting with Stannis and Vulimai soon for planning. I want this to be done by the book - we're not going in without knowing exactly where we're infiltrating and how we're exfiltrating. If we can't penetrate a Hive's network, I don't want anyone left behind in that death trap of a city. I already have a few in mind for a crew, but if you recruit others, keep it clandestine until we have the operation fully planned out. Do either of you have anything else to say on this matter, or otherwise?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3