Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Tuyet | Crimson Galleon, Metru-Koro

"At this point I'd take a Magic Eight Ball if it gets me closer to finding Axonn. I hate not knowing where he is -- it's killing me. Or he's killing me, it's hard to really separate the two right now," Tuyet said. She looked at the other three toa -- because Tuyet had no idea that a lesterin wasn't a toa -- and asked; "what do you think? Should we go to Metru-Nui and see this new king Aurax? I guess the enemy of an enemy of an enemy is an enemy but like he's just the internal enemy of our enemy so he's like a friend?"

OOC: @Tarn, @Nato the Traveler, @Onaku, @BULiK

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 5

Happy chat.

IC: Exuze, Metru-Koro, the Crimson Galleon

Exuze scratched his head, trying to process that last statement. After several moments of silence, he shrugged.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Okuo - Metru-Koro

"Wh- I... I can't go to Metru-Nui! I have... dinner to cook!" He said, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly while frowning. "Listen, it's been... interesting to catch up again, really, but I have other responsibilities now, and I can't just shirk those to go gallivanting off to a sinking city on the off chance that the double-triple traitor running things there might lend some vahki to a cause even I barely know what is any more. This has already been enough of a distraction, and I need to get back to investigating this ghost town before I end up having to go back empty handed."

@Unreliable Narrator@Tarn@BULiK@Nato the Traveler

• Like 4

IC: Xaril - Metru-Koro

"Suit yourself," he shrugged, straightening to his feet and moving to talk to the Vahki on the level above again, "Get ready for liftoff. We're heading back to Metru Nui to make our report to Aurax." He turned back to the group, "You've got two minutes. If you're coming, get your stuff on board. If you're going, get gone."

@Unreliable Narrator @BULiK @Tarn @Onaku

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Ah, shame. If ya gotta go back, it iz what it iz, I'll look after'er Doc, thankya. What're ya two doin' 'ere anyhow, doc?"

• Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning and Mind Reading

Location - Kumu Peninsula

With - Whira, Tekmo, Rock Rahi

Suddenly Cravious’ attention was snapped back to the Rahi. It needed food? Food was a resource, and that meant commerce could be had. His savage grin returned. He no longer cared how ridiculous this was. He could profit from it.

We’re going to any place with purified energized protodermis. If you can lead us to a place that has that, then in exchange, this Toa here’ll grow some food for you.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Toru Nui @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Triage - Crimson Galleon

He looked to Okuo, worried. Torn between Metru Nui and here, Triage decided on sticking with his traveling partner. The medic didn't want to abandon the Toa of Fire, or their quest to solve the affliction of the Matoran back in Ko-Pou. "I know, I know," he said. "We still have to figure out this whole thing, but...you know I won't do this without you. If you want to stay in Metru-Koro, I'll stay."

Triage turned to Exuze to answer the Lesterin's question. "Looking for clues, mostly. Answers. Haven't gotten the chance to find much of either."

@BULiK@Onaku

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"Ah, right," the lesterin remarked. The medic had mentioned his work with those matoran before Exuze left town. Probably still about that, huh. "G'luck with that. If anyone can figure it out, it's you."

"And thankya again, Triage," the lesterin responded, giving a casual salute with his left arm.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

IC: Tekmo (Kumu Peninsula) - Rock Candy

"WAIT JUST A MINUTE, we don't know if our new friend's diet even consists of fruit and vegetables." Tekmo turns to the rock. "I'm afraid that the vegetarian option is the only one available at this time."

@Unreliable Narrator@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian

IC: Ostrox (Far Shore Rift, The Junkyard, The Haven) - Ostrox’s Far Shore Adventure, Part 4

The Haven’s interior was lit with broken lightstones glued back together. The cargo hold was full of species Ostrox recognized - and other species he did not. Of those he did, he saw a Frostelus holding pleasant conversation with a Maxilos, and a Bohrok excitedly rolling back and forth on a half-pipe, making extravagant poses as momentum pushed it upwards, turning back into ball form as it went back down.

"Well, there’s no place like home. This... isn’t it. Once we get this baby airborne, we can drop you off wherever your home is." Fera said, showing him around. She turned and pointed at him sternly, as if he were a disobedient child. "I expect you to play nice. I WILL throw you back out there without your stuff if you try anything like you did to that Matoran. And I won’t be around to save you from my brother."

"Of course. But what exactly stops him from getting inside? The ship is made of metal, after all."

"Yeah, I noticed, funnily enough. The first thing I brought back online was the anti-element shield. Whoever originally built this thing built it for war. The shield is designed to repulse specific types of elemental energy. Farros and the others are pure elemental energy, hence, it keeps them out. The gizmo I gave you is a small-scale version me and some of the others reverse-engineered from it. The shield is invisible, but you probably got an odd feeling when you walked through it back there."

Now, Ostrox was suspicious of everyone. He kind of had to be. What was it that Lord Mantax used to say? 'I have no friends, only enemies I haven’t killed yet'? Farros and whatever else was lurking out there were enemies, through and through, but if Fera couldn’t keep her story straight…

"The last thing we need online before we leave this garbage pile behind is the Levitation Disk system. We’ve just about got it working, but there’s a small problem."

"You’re using Matoran-built technology and it's notoriously unreliable?"

"We don’t have any Levitation Disks."

"It is always one or the other. There’s none to be found out there?"

"No. They only leave useless stuff out there, you know, like people. I see why they sent you here. And we haven’t got the means or know-how to make them ourselves... hmm. You seem like a tough guy - or at least, you think you’re hot stuff. We’ve been working on a plan to get some Kanoka. Interested in revenge with practical benefits?"

Ostrox smiled, but his eyes did not smile with him. "My dear abomination... you had me at 'revenge'."

IC: Ulkarr and Enra (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone) - A Good Bad Example

Despite its pathetic pretensions to divinity, the Administrator was painting a clearer picture of this failed society that created it and these structures. Its claim to be originally based on an organic being held water, explaining the computer’s delusions. Evidently, its ideology and religion were as flawed as the machine was, considering its downfall. He would have to make measures not to repeat their mistakes.

Enra came within the temple, to check on what was going on inside. "Hey, uh, is everyone having a good time in here? Where - where did the councilors go?"

"They left this place through the portal."

"Huh. Okie-doke."

Ulkarr assumed that was a sign of acknowledgement.

@Unreliable Narrator@Harvali

IC: NU-8020S (Kini-Koro) - Is the Circus in Town?

"Who is this clown?" NU-8020S asked everyone else who was present, not bothering to wait for an answer from Stannis. She raised the volume of her voice slightly to be heard over Skyra’s racket.

She was also learning more of this strange island’s history from the defective AI installed across the ruined temples, listening and watching through her Staffs of Presence, connected to 'Collector'. She saw that Enra had deviated from her assigned post. You simply couldn't get good help these days.

@Snelly@EmperorWhenua@Harvali@Sparticus147@BULiK@Tarn

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 5

IC Kanohi - Kini-Nui

Kanohi had planned to wait until Stannis replied before he did anything, or to hear Vulimai’s response. But then he heard a whistling sound. A horrifically familiar sound. The world melted away, but this was no prophetic vision. No, this was a memory.

He could feel the wind whipping around him as he grappled in Metru-Nui, bursts of heat slamming into him from explosions. His biomechanical muscles strained as he remembered carrying Matoran to safety away from the fighting. Cordak were hurling in the air, whistling past with their deadly cargo ready to level another building.

Kanohi’s eyes were wide but unfocused, his telescopic lens drifting. His heartlight was pounding like a mad Le-Matoran drummer. He … they were being bombed. They were being bombed! The  League? Had his foolishness restarted the war? His fault his fault more will die—

Without thinking he dived at Stannis, trying to tackle him to the ground to shield him with his body. “Get down!” He screamed, his vocal processor breaking into a shriek of static.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Sparticus147 @~Xemnas~ @Toru Nui @BULiK @Snelly @Tarn

• Like 4

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Vulimai (Outside of Kini-Koro)

"I counsel against this raid."

Vulimai only solemnly nodded in response to Stannis' counsel. Though she finds the sage to be insuffereable with his lack of tack and seriousness most of the time, she was most certainly surprised and impressed by the sudden shift in the Toa's words, conviction and wisdom in each word he spoke. It was enough to make Vulimai start to believe at least half-of the legends concerning the Wanderer.

Directing her attention to NU and Kanohi, she addressed the two of them, "Toa Stannis has offered us his counsel, and I will side with him. Kini-Koro will not support this action. I'm sorry Kanohi, but my charges take precedence. I hope this doesn't strain the relationship between our two villages."

Beginning to step away from the group, Vulimai only walked about a bio before the sound of explosives began to ring out overhead as Matoran and other Protoderms alike begin to scrabble for cover, flashes of the bombing of Metru-Koro putting them into a near-panic. Fear turning into militant instinct, Vulimai whirled around to locate the source of the attack, seeing what appeared to be a Toa recklessly firing off explosives into the air.

Slotting a freeze disk into her shield-launcher, Vulimai leveled the shot and fired the disk at the trigger hand of Skyra, intending to prevent her from firing the weapon. Following her shot, Vulimai pulled out her collapsed halberd from the strap on her hip, it currently resembling more of a handaxe than a halberd, as she messaged the guard to arrive on her position armed and ready, she herself approaching the Toa.

"WHAT IN BRAKAS-FILLED KARZHANI DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!"  Vulimai ordered, her voice bellowing out with all the fury and indignation of a Order-Member drill sergeant.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Harvali @~Xemnas~ @Toru Nui @BULiK @Snelly @Tarn

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

IC: Tuyet | Crimson Galleon, Metru-Koro

She held up a hand with fingers splayed and studied it. She lowered one finger, then another. Tuyet scratched her new mask in thought, considering the possible odds. If it was just her and Exuze on a League ship there was no way they'd have a numbers advantage, and Exuze seemed less like a fighter and more like a liability in all honesty. Well, she'd figure something out. Part of her wished she had a toa of air on her side in a time like this...

"Well, it was good to see you," Tuyet said to Okuo, leaning on the metal walls of the ship as she tried to stand up and give him a fist bump goodbye. "Best of luck with your current investigation. If you run into Ghosty or Buddy though, let them know they're halfway to Karz in a Le-Metru hovercart."

She paused, concentrating for a second to see if she could feel the pull of the one suva she was connected to in this land, but unfortunately she was too far away. "Ah well, worth a try. If you go into the desert, there's a suva there that's got some useful stuff in it. I think there's a disk or something. I was trying to connect with a suva shrine east of the volcano when Axonn jumped me, so I couldn't find out what it contained."

"And you," Tuyet said with a finger pointed at Triage. "Don't die yet, and remember to talk to me in Kini-Nui."

OOC: @Tarn, @Nato the Traveler, @BULiK, @Onaku who's ready to fly?

IC: The Rock Rahi | Kumu Peninsula

"Oh, I eat everything," the rock replied pleasantly. "Although I can only eat something smaller than me. I don't really understand why, but those are the rules. At least I grow when I eat, so someday I'll be able to eat a whole tahtorak. That'll be dreamy.

"I know a place with magic sauce, if that's what you're talking about. I'll lead you there," the rock said with a happy rumble as it began to roll away into the mist. "Hurry, hurry! The magic sauce is over here."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @Toru Nui, @~Xemnas~ do you follow the rock?

• Like 5

Happy chat.

IC: Skyra Daring - Kini-Koro -

Considering what she had just done, Skyra really should have expected this reaction, but for whatever reason, she hadn't. At any rate, Skyra was quick to dodge the freeze disk that narrowly hit her hand. It had been more instinct that anything, during the war a lot of things got shot at her, though her Calix certainly helped. She also remembered to quickly change the air pressure around the rockets in the sky, making them detonate high in the air, didn't want those coming back down after all. 

WHAT IN BRAKAS-FILLED KARZHANI DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING!" 

Now this reminded her of her old drill sergeant, nasty piece of work, always screaming at her about something. "Uhhhh, you know...just doing my daily exercises and drills...normal stuff." There was nothing normal about this and she knew it. "Got good lungs on you." 

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui @Tarn @Eyru @Harvali

• Like 3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Okuo - Ko-Pou Shelter

Okuo nodded to Tuyet and Exuze, giving a wary glance with a hint of appreciation to Xaril, before turning back to Tuyet. "Just... don't go getting yourself killed either, alright?" With that, he disembarked from the airship, turning around to watch it off before he'd return to the investigative task at hand.

@Unreliable Narrator@Nato the Traveler@BULiK@Tarn

• Like 2

IC: Triage - Crimson Galleon

The medic picked up his satchel and stepped towards the ship's loading ramp, turning to give a nod and a mock salute to Tuyet and Exuze, respectively. "Will do. See you then, Tuyet. And stay safe, Exuze. Helping people should always come first--remember that."

With that, he exited with Okuo.

@BULiK@Onaku@Nato the Traveler@Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Xaril - the Crimson Galleon

Waiting until Triage and Okuo were off the ship, Xaril closed the ramp and clambered up the ladder to the next deck. "You're welcome to head up to the next level. There's better seating... just don't get blood on the upholstery." 

The airship began to rise, turning in the air and speeding off towards Metru Nui.

@Unreliable Narrator @BULiK @Tarn @Onaku

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Commander Vulimai (Outside Kini-Koro)

"Uhhhh, you know...just doing my daily exercises and drills...normal stuff. Got good lungs on you." 

Catching the Onu-Disk as it returned to her, Vulimai slotted it back into her shield just in case as she eyed the Toa, anger and accusation on her face. "Exercises? Drills!? Do you not realized you are are mere Bios outside of Kini-Koro! Do you have any sort of common sense Toa or is your brain literally nothing but Air! If you were any shorter, I'd grab you by the side of your head and shake it to see if I could at least Hear the rattle of whatever Brain is in there!"

As Vulimai continued her tirade, coming from the village came half-a-dozen rattled Matoran guards, disks and weapons in hand as they backed their commander. Using all of her effort to reclaim her composure, Vulimai addressed Skyra in a far more level, yet still fury-filled voice, "For disturbing the peace and endangering the lives of my charges, I am hereby placing you under arrest. Toa Atamai, your assistance." Vulimai ordered out to the Toa NUVA.

OOC: @Snelly @Tarn @Harvali @EmperorWhenua @~Xemnas~ @BULiK @Toru Nui

IC: Apex, Aspect of the Beast (Kumu-Peninsula, Shrine of Shadow)

"That is...Odd to say the least. Usually a deal is struck with the offering of a heartlight. Or, as I have recently learned, through the direct implantation of a worm. But that is an odd situation in either terms."

OOC: @Toru Nui

Edited by Sparticus147
Added Apex
  • Like 3

IC: Skyra Daring - Kini-Koro -

Well, Skyra had wanted some excitement, but this wasn't exactly what she had in mind. Ah well, she smirked as the Matoran threatened to arrest her. Skyra started to laugh. 

"Arrest me? Sorry short stuff, but I'm a free spirit. I didn't fight in the war against the League, and take down two warlords to just let myself get arrested!" Her jetpack roared to life as she rose into the sky. "Not like you can catch me anyway, laters!" 

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui @Tarn @Eyru @Harvali

• Like 2

IC, Whira: Kumu Peninsula 

“Yes, please, show us the way,” Whira said to the strange living rock. The thing was kind of... endearing in a way. 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator let’s follow the rock! @Kal the Guardian @Toru Nui

IC, Atamai: Kini-Koro

Atamai blinked, wondering why he had been dragged into the situation. “I don’t really think this calls for an arrest,” he said. He watched Skyra as she flew up. “Let her go, save arrests for people who are seriously looking to cause harm.”

• Like 3

IC: Commander Vulimai (Kini-Koro)

Vulimai snarled as the Toa of Air flew away, beyond her reach. The guards near her were about to throw their disks before Vulimai raised a hand for them to lower it.

“I don’t really think this calls for an arrest. Let her go, save arrests for people who are seriously looking to cause harm.”

Staring towards Atamai, Vulimai's optics stabbed daggers through the Toa NUVA, "Whether intentional or not, that Toa could have cause both damage and harm with their idiocy. In addition to that, the sounds of those rockets going off could have alerted anyone within a mile or more, considering how sound bounce off these valley's wall. Their actions could easily draw unneeded attention to Kini-Koro. I don't know who they are, but I can already tell they are both a threat to themselves and to those around them." 

Turning back towards the guards that still stood at attention behind her, them standing unsure of what to do, Vulimai addressed them in her commanding tone, "Return to your posts, spread the word amongst the guard, that Toa is not allowed to dwell within the perimeter of Kini-Koro and that any who see her must inform me immediately. Understood." Receiving a firm nod from the gathered Matoran, Vulimai dismissed them as she gave a final look at those attending, a headache starting to form.

"The rest of you. You are dismissed to return to your day...I have more work to do." Vulimai grumbled to herself as she marched off. She could hardly think of anything that would make today any worse.

OOC: @Tarn @BULiK @Harvali @~Xemnas~ @EmperorWhenua

• Like 3

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro outskirts

"Short stuff," Knichou said, borrowing Skyra's term for the matoran who was stomping off towards the village. "I'm with Atamai on this one - best to focus on the matter at hand, it's not worth wasting the energy on her."

'Helping people should always come first' - Exuze felt like he'd heard that line before. That very spirit Triage had instilled in him while he recovered was what lead to Tuyet still being alive. Exuze looked the medic in the eye as the Toa returned his salute. Was that... pride, in the amber eyes behind the Toa's marked mask? The ta-lesterin beamed at Triage as the airship's door closed. That had to be pride. He'd done it. Triage approved.

Exuze's satisfaction of Triage's silent recognition of his accomplishment almost outweighed the sudden realization that he had accidentally trapped himself on an airship once again. The happy look on his face drained away. He needed something to focus on. Anything but the fact that the ground was no longer made of ground. ####.

"After you," Exuze said to Tuyet, gesturing towards the ladder to the decks above. He would have gone up first but given this Toa was a... free spirit, he decided he'd try to keep her in his sight in case she did anything rash. And he was scared. "Oh, and I would like that Kanohi back when you're feelin' bettah or if ya find anotha one."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

C: Skyra Daring - Kini-Koro -

Skyra watched from the air as Vulimai marched away. Skyra blinked as she realized what had been said. "Ah karz...I live in Kini-koro...Rose is gonna be mad..." Well, this was going to be an issue, wasn't it?

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 1

Despite Tekmo’s foolish interjection -did he really not think Cravious had a backup plan should the Rahi not eat plants?- it appeared they were still going to be able to benefit from the proposed transaction. Good.

At the mention of the Rock Rahi eating anything, a particularly nasty Vortixx popped into his memory. The Vortixx had carved out a life for himself on the Rig stealing tech from others and trying to sell it for double or triple the price. Of course that meant hitting Cravious’ own supply trucks whenever possible. The amount of times that Vortixx had tried to sell him his own products was infuriating. And unfortunately, the Vortixx was well enough connected to keep Cravious from just getting rid of him outright.

He wished that Vortixx was right here right now so he could feed the little thief to this rock. The idea seemed really fitting for some reason.

Whira agreeing to follow the Rahi took him out of his thoughts and he got back to walking, X-Ray Vision sweeping out in front of them and his Kraata of Mind Reading actively seeking out nearby minds.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Toru Nui @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 4

IC: Niidak (Wilderness/Ko-Pou)

As usual, things did not go as planned. Niidak’s hoverbike ran out of fuel some distance from the Relic Fields. She rolled her eyes, hid the vehicle in some bush, and headed for Ko-Pou instead. There was a portal there, so it was the shortest and easiest route to Kini-Koro. If she went on foot, getting into the Hidden Valley would be tedious and difficult.

After a while of walking, carrying her heavy satchel filled with scavenged items, she could finally see Ko-Pou and the towering ruins of the Temple of Ice. Seeing them did not bring them any closer however, so she sighed and continued trodding along.

When she finally arrived at the small outpost, something was off. All the inhabitants were tense. When the guards saw her, they asked so many questions they might as well have been interrogating her, and she had to show every item she had. They spoke of some ”infection” and said the place was under full lockdown. Niidak, dreading to walk all the way to Kini-Koro with her burden, demanded to use the portal, but the guards remained stubborn. Yet she did not back down either.

She’d definitely take a short break from travelling after this. A long one, if she could afford it.

OOC: @Sparticus147 bronk is still in ko-pou i assume

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
  • Like 1

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Taja | Kini-Koro

"It's... kind of a long story," Taja said, aware that this was a bit of a white lie. It was less of a long story and more of one she just didn't want to get into, especially with a complete stranger.

"I had some help from an Aspect. I think you mentioned you know one? Is that how you got all-" she gestured to Viltia's tethers. "-these?"

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

IC: Bronk (Ko-Pou)

Since the message with and the departure of the airship from the Relic Fields, nerves and tensions amongst the guards slowly began to unwind. But they were still wound enough for many of the Matoran to be more than just suspicious of the Vortixx who approached the outpost. Most of the questions were simple things, like; were have you been? Who are you? What are you doing here? Do you work for the League?

Bronk for the meantime was doing his job as quartermaster, and was inspecting the items the Vortixx brought and cataloging them. Not like they were going into the armory, but old habits die hard Bronk supposed. Eventually, when he was at last done, he returned the satchel of scavenged items to the Vortixx, his demeanor much calmer looking than the others around him.

"Apologies for thuh hold up Ms. Niidak, as ya might understand, a League ship was spotted not too long ago, an' it has gotten everybody strun' up.  But, ya seem like thuh trustworthy sort, or well, at least as trustworthy as I can tell. No offense intended."

Guiding Niidak further into the ruins, two guards following along after him, the four of them eventually reached the NUVA room, where six Matoran stood on guard. Gesturing towards the portal, Bronk spoke up once more. "Here's thuh portal ma'am. Apologies for thuh inconvenience, as well as for this." Looking towards the other two guards that followed them in, Bronk informed them to go and escort Niidak to Kini-Koro itself and then return for the rest of their shifts. "Naw offense intended, but I do recognize yer face a month back in Metru-Koro, an' we all are still concerned 'bout thuh League. But, just don't cause naw trouble and ya should be good."

And with that, Niidak was free to head to Kini-Koro. With a small escort.

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander

• Like 1

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Taja, Whisper

Well I’d love to hear your story sometime.” Once again there was another Aspect that had helped out someone. Maybe Sorilax had been wrong about Aspects? Or… could all these nice things secretly be selfish things? Ugh, she didn’t want to think too hard about it.

Viltia shrugged, “Nope. Like I said to…” She didn’t remember what she said to who. There had been so many new people, “Like I said earlier, I just woke up with these. Something had been eating my leg. Then Nektann ate me and I was healed with all these tethers.

Viltia noticed past her was flying back down to her. Good, so the crates had been delivered.

Then Cordak exploded in the air and Viltia pulled her laser crossbow far, far faster than when she had first become a Toa just a few months before. Her tethers extended and picked her up into the air so that she was suspended by them and ready to move. Any sudden noise, especially loud ones, in the Fau Swamp meant potential death. And it didn’t help that the sound of Cordak exploding brought back painful memories of not just being enslaved, but of when the war rig had been shooting at the giant undead below the village on that rainy night.

She realized it was just some troublemaking Toa, which didn’t really make sense to her that a Toa would cause trouble, but Viltia slowly allowed herself to relax, her tethers depositing her back onto the ground. 

Oh, oops. She had lost focus on her mask. Well, hopefully past her hadn’t needed to tell her anything important.

She put her Toa tool back on her back, switched out her mask of Time Duplication for her mask of Flight, then picked up her crate. She turned back to Taja, voice no longer as casual as it had been. The other Toa could probably tell the sudden explosions had removed the illusion of safety for the Toa of the Green. Now Viltia kept glancing around. “Hey, um… Do you know where I can find the pilot of that bigger airship over there?

OOC: @Eyru @Nato the Traveler Viltia has been properly spooked. :fear:

• Like 3

IC: Niidak (Ko-Pou)

Niidak closely inspected her items as she got them back, making sure they were intact and that they were all accounted for. This guard seemed nice enough, but her pessimism was stronger than her trust of others.

League ship... must’ve been the one that carried the wounded Toa. She wondered where it was now, but it didn’t sound like these guards could answer that.

”Oh yes, I know of the ship. You see, I found a wounded Toa in the Relic Fields - or Junk Fields as I like to call them - and luckily an airship was exploring the area at the time. So I helped to carry the Toa inside the ship so she could be brought to someone who could heal her injuries. I don’t know where they went then. And yes, it was indeed a League ship.”

She followed the guard down to the portal. It was heavily guarded. But was it always like this? She doubted an airship was enough to warrant so many guards being on active duty. Something else must’ve been going on.

She simply nodded in response to the apologies. This guard sure liked apologising for everything, didn’t he? Such individuals always seemed like suck-ups to her. But maybe he was just trying to be nice?

She frowned as she received an escort for her journey. Of course, her criminal past was still haunting her. ”It is... fine. I don’t mind company. But I’m trying to leave my past behind me. Obeying the law and being a better person and all that nonsense.”

”But before I go... what’s really going on around here? I heard something about an infection or affliction.”

OOC: @Sparticus147

• Like 3

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Bronk (Ko-Pou)

The League ship had picked up an injured Toa and was bringing them somewhere to be tended too, that would probably be worth informing Vulimai, but that was news that could be shared later, Bronk thought to himself as he waited for the Vortixx to past through he portal. But before they did, they spoke to Bronk. ”But before I go... what’s really going on around here? I heard something about an infection or affliction.”

"Ah..." Bronk simply said before continuing, "...Well, I don't know if ya noticed thuh little structure just outside of thuh ruins, but it seems sum affliction has affected a small portion of thuh Matoran, turnin' them into Rahi. We've been keepin' them here, feedin' them, watchin' them, tendin' tuh them as best we can. Thankfully whatever it is isn't transferable. As far as we know for certain...Will that be all ma'am?"

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander

• Like 1

IC: Korruhn, Kumu Peninsula

The door existed, and then, it didn't.

Right in Korruhn's hand, the door contorted and transmogrified until it turned into a molten hole to another world, seemingly carved into the face of reality itself. It's depth was wondrous and endless, and oddly familiar. Korruhn knew in his depths that he had encountered something like this before, but the months of anguish had obscured the clarity of his memory. It mattered not anyway, as before Korruhn had but another second to think, Grime cried out from behind him.

“A rahkshi,” Grime said in terror, backing up several steps. “We've been seen, Korruhn!” The Toa's eyes focused on the being that had terrified Grime and rendered Miserix silent and unseen (typical). It was unlike any horror his eyes ever had the misfortune of gazing upon, or any nightmare his mind could possibly conjure up and cast against his psyche. It was massive--a full head and then some over Korruhn's enlarged frame--but with a leaner, deadlier build. From toe to spine, this creature was built for nothing but death and ruin. The Rahkshi stepped forward on taloned feet, gripping the ground like a rat with each step; the curling of the talon flexing the lean muscle beneath the dull, moss-encased armor. It breathed each breath with purpose, it's chest rising confidently, and exhaling a sickening green miasma. Wide shoulders expanded from an armored shell back from which grew a line of deadly, knife-like spikes, which, although having lost their lustre to time, still looked capable of piercing but the hardest of armors. Most curious was it's helmet, as it appeared to be in three separate pieces affixed to the Rahkshi's face, from which peered a small pair of glaring eyes.

Korruhn couldn't help himself a moment; temporarily frozen as his mind brought him back to the Ko-Metru Hideaway. There he was again, a Matoran with no knowledge of war, of death, a monstrous creature ready to take his life looming over him. He stood frozen before the Abomination, and it grabbed his forearm. The pain cascaded through his body, and Korruhn stepped back, snapping free from his mind.

The Rahkshi's mask split, letting free a scream from the depths of Karzahni itself as the tongue and flesh of the creature beneath the armor revealed themselves. Korruhn barely had a moment to draw his blade before the Rahkshi closed ground, charging like a ravenous Muaka with it's claws ready to grasp at any flesh they could find. Korruhn rolled on his shoulder to the right just in time to miss a swipe; so close, in fact, that his signature half-cloak and hood tore free from his body like ribbons, and sliced three longl wounds diagonally across his back. He gasped in shock and pain as he recovered from the roll, looking for the Karz-lizard and attempting to deduce some sort of pattern out of it.

The Rahkshi quickly proved to be both unforgivingly quick, and wildly erratic. It swung at random, seeming to have no purpose other than destruction. Korruhn's mask activated; without it, he wouldn't be able to continue to dodge the onslaught for long.

Backed toward one of the pillars that ringed the area, the Bo-Toa heaved with all his might, barely able to throw himself out of the way as the Rhakshi smashed clear through the pillar, crumbling it to dust as though it were made of sand.His blade skidded and clattered to the ground well out of his reach. Korruhn crawled backward, and backflipped up onto his feet some feet from the ravenous predator. His breathing was labored already; he had never met an opponent of such caliber anywhere in his travels. And he may not survive this one.

Korruhn's eyes narrowed as sweat dripped from his brow. He coiled his body in a forward position, drawing upon the gravitational forces around him and concentrating it within the muscles of his arms and shoulders. As the Rahkshi went to make it's next charge, Korruhn sprung upward, throwing himself at and above the Rahkshi. His hands locked together, Korruhn raised his arms over his head, and swung them down with all of his physical and elemental might like a hammer, right toward the Rahkshi's head.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: The Rock Rahi | Kumu Peninsula

The rock rolled along for a while providing meaningless chatter. It was friendly, and certainly eager to learn more of the world beyond the darkened landscape it called home. Many of its questions were relatively simple ones (it thought): what is grass, why is the moon always changing, what is it like being a rock with muscles, does a soul feel pain, and the like. It led the trio up a steep embankment, over which the smells of brimstone and sulfur wafted strongly. Above those putrescent odors lingered the ever present sickly sweet smell of decay. 

At last they reached the summit of their climb, a few pebbles underfoot slipping away to chase each other down to the bottom of the embankment. The mists cleared, and the rock announced proudly; “the juice!”

Below them, Whira saw a sight she only vaguely remembered: the Caldera. A great depression in the earth formed a circular caldera, the center of which was filled by a lake of bubbling green liquid. Gases rose off the top, churning and colliding into each other with infantile cries. It was the birthplace of her kind, and also her grave. In the center of the caldera’s antidermis lake rose a small island. In the center of the island rose a hexagonal pillar.

“I wouldn’t recommend touching the juice though,” said the rock with a disappointed cracking of pebbles beneath its stone form. “The juice eats things faster than even I can. It swallows everything that touches it.”

OOC: @~Xemnas~, @Toru Nui, @Kal the Guardian

IC: Tuyet | Crimson Galleon

“Oh this is your mask?” Tuyet replied with a stunned look, one hand still on the rungs of the ladder leading up through the hole in the ceiling. She leaned against the ladder, one arm slipping through the rungs. 

“That’s embarrassing,” she continued, “I’m sorry I didn’t even notice. Maybe I’m in, like, shock or something? Yeah, seems about right. Anyways we never got a chance to talk, what with everyone else being around and you seem decent.”

She looked Exuze up and down and smiled with an apologetic expression. “But what are you, exactly? I mean, like, you’re not one of us,” she gestured at herself, “but you look like us. Or did toa suddenly adapt to not needing a mask?”

OOC: @BULiK

IC: Spiriah | Spiriah’s Labyrinth

God is old, children. I have witnessed the birth and decay of many times. The Time Before, the Time After, and the even the Time Between are all but drops of water in the sea of my perception. You toil, and you fear, and you beg for meaning in a merciless game. You seek answers to How and Why, confident in What and When, and are in denial of Where. Yes children, I see you. I hear you. I am always listening.

Stop refreshing the gameplay topic every few minutes. I will still be here,watching you. When you are ready you will come to me. I do not need to impress you with giant monsters or cheap tricks of shadow. When you are ready for true power, you will find me.

I peel back the curtain you so desperately wish is real.

It is not real.

You will find me.

• Like 7

Happy chat.

IC: Taja | Kini-Koro

The sound of explosions made Taja pull out her disk launcher, eyes scanning her surroundings for a threat. Her shadow flared around her feet, ready to wield. Then she shook her head and stood down.

"Don't worry, it's just Skyra," she said to Viltia, who looked thoroughly spooked. "She can be... abrasive."

The Toa of shadow slung her launcher back over her shoulder. "I was going to ask if you could maybe show me how those silver things worked, but you look busy. You're looking for Knichou. You were just talking with him earlier, actually. The Toa with the golden mask."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

• Like 3

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Far Shore

Sorilax sat, despondent. The last few days his Toa of Water, which had named herself Crystal, had basically been leading him slowly closer to the observatory while he spent the hours wallowing in grief. Why did they have to die? He had thought he had come to terms with death. It was part of the natural cycle of life. But then why did it hurt so much to lose those he had created?

One day, as he fondly watched Crystal practice with her ABZIS power as they stopped inside a destroyed storefront to let her rest, it dawned on him. Just as he loved to study living beings, or just as he loved to experiment with his element, so too did he love those he had created. No, not just like he loved his silly, foolish pastimes. This love was deeper, something few would ever experience. It was the love of a creator towards his creation. Of a life giver towards the life recipient. It was something deeper in range than he thought his new emotions could ever go. To lose those he created was like losing an integral part of himself.

For they were him, in a way. Born of his mind, created by his whim. He was fully responsible for their wellbeing, though not their actions. That was a double edged sword right there. He was in charge of their lives, yet they were able to choose to give up those lives in his defense.

Suddenly pride swelled up in him. Pride for his creations, and the method with which they had lived their short lives. They lived in purity and honor and had died in the same way. He couldn’t be more proud. They had made their own decisions, he had to accept that. Death came for all eventually. Aspects knew that far more than others, who got to live for hundreds of thousands of years.

His Toa hadn’t been at fault. They had bravely stood up to a force far greater than their own. In fact- Sorilax paused in his thoughts as a realization lit up his mind like his element change had warped his very nature. Why had he stopped at six Toa? Life was not some scarce, hidden thing. Life abounded. It spread like a wildfire across the landscape. It sprung up wherever nature couldn’t beat it down. Life was at its best when Life had prosperity. When Life was able to lean upon itself to reach greater heights.

He had been thinking too narrowly. His Destiny was not just to create Life, but prosperous Life, full of abundance.

Sorilax stood, plans slowly forming in his knowledge cluttered mind.

Crystal looked up from her experiments with ABZIS, happy to see Sorilax moving on his own. She cautiously decided to test the waters and see if he was feeling better, “Creator, how are you doing?

Sorilax looked to her with a new inner glow to his optics, “I do say I am quite well now. Thank you, Crystal. I dare say that without you, I might have been lost to this place. You are well loved, deeper than a love for any friend, object, or hobby. A type of unconditional love I daresay my universe doesn’t quite have a word for.

He felt happy again, kind of like ever since he had met Sala and they had explored Zakaz together. He felt like it was time to get moving, to discover the secrets of this world and find Sala. He beckoned Crystal over, “Let me see your Kraata. I have something I want to try.

Crystal complied, showing the two Kraata attached to the back of her neck. One was a colorless gray, and the other one shifted between all the available colors of a Kraata. Sorilax called upon his Taboo knowledge once again, shadow jumping from his hand as he neared the powered slug. If the Desecrated Kraata had lived in his past experiment, then instead of duplicating it, could he instead pry it from Crystal’s neck with its power intact?

He pulled on it, warping the power behind Taboos into the action. As the Kraata slowly separated from Crystal’s back, strands of shadow stretching to their limits and then snapping, Sorilax felt words come to him unbidden. Fickle Friend. Love. Star. Light far above. The words felt like they were right there, their full meaning just out of right and waiting to be realized. A poem of sorts. Perhaps just like the poems for his other Taboos.

The Kraata came free and he felt his Kraata Creation Taboo activate. He had done it!

Crystal slumped to the floor.

No!” Sorilax shouted and moved to her, turning her onto her back. Her Heartlight wasn’t powered. “NO!

She couldn’t die. He wouldn’t allow it. He knew his Destiny. He was going to be Life itself. He called on the power behind Taboos, he called upon whatever the Far Shore would offer him. She would not die. Sorilax put a hand to her Heartlight, never so singularly focused in his life.

He felt something happen, but he wasn’t sure what. A power moved through him. Then the moment was over, the feeling gone.

Crystal lay there, still.

Sorilax stared at her Heartlight, wishing it to beat.

Several seconds of silence passed, the massive skyscraper in the background groaning as it shifted in the heavy outside winds.

Then Crystal took a shuddering breath, optics lighting up once more.

Sorilax cried out in joy, hugging her with his elongated arms as she looked about, confused.

He eventually broke from the embrace, helping her to her feet.

She looked at Sorilax, confused, her color still shifting between blues. In one of the timelines, she still lay dead on the floor. Sorilax didn’t like that. She turned to him, “Sorry about that. I must have passed out.

Sorilax laughed, a mixture of happiness and pain, “Bwahahaha!” It was deep and genuine. “Not quite so, my Crystal. Now come, we had preparations to make.

Sorilax spent the next several hours making hundreds of beings. Toa, Matoran, Skakdi, Vortixx, Steltians, Tiokaha, and several others. Using his single Kraata, he Illuminated all of their masks, giving secondary powers to the ones that had elements. They moved in groups of twelve, traversing the massive skyscrapers with minimal resistance at first. The closer they got to the observatory, the more shadowlings they ran into.

Prosperity saved them, for if one forward team grew outnumbered, a backup team would be able to quickly help them. Using numbers to their advantage, they clawed their way up the skyscraper over several days, eventually finding themself in the mountains of snow that had piled atop it.

The gigantic telescope pointed to the sky. It looked like a tear in space, so black it was and devoid of any coloring. Just like the shadowlings. Sorilax’s creations were spread out across the miles of snow surrounding the structure, dug into the snow to both hide and to escape the nonstop and dangerous wind.

Crystal turned to Sorilax, “Where are they all?

Sorilax scratched at his chin. They hadn’t seen any shadowlings since making it atop the building. “I do not know. And it vexes me to be devoid of the knowledge.”

A red armored being came into existence next to them, his mask of Quick Travel revealing how he had done so. He came to lay next to Sorilax and Crystal, who were peaking their heads over a snowbank to peer at the observatory. “All the doors are unlocked. And I don’t see any of those shadows. But there is a machine out front. It looks just like you, creator, except a little bigger.

Avagah? Sorilax’s expression looked hopeful, “Then let us go forth! Battle ready, of course.

The being nodded, “Of course. I’ll tell everyone.” Then he teleported away.

Sorilax glanced at the beings around him. All of them of his own creation. He was so proud of them. He cared for all of them. And he knew what might await them there. Death. Or worse, that doorway from beneath Kini-Nui. Still, if Sala was in there, he had to protect the Matoran at any cost. Sala and he were friends and fellow chroniclers, after all.

Following the lead of more tactical minds, Sorilax and his creations carefully traversed the miles of rolling mountains of snow towards the observatory. The impossibly large telescope only grew larger and larger as they approached. How could anyone create lenses large enough to fit within it? Sorilax shook his head. No, he needed to focus upon other things.

At one of the many entrances, Sorilax saw Avagah lying there, thankfully undamaged. His emotions wanted him to run in there as fast as possible to find his friend, but his concern for his creations held him back. Crystal slowly cracked one of the doors, peering in. She gave Sorilax a thumbs up, then slipped into the building. All around him, his other creations did the same as a group.

Sorilax followed them into a singular massive room. It was so large that it warped the mind. Surely this had to be a mountain or an island itself. There was a central point where one could peer into the telescope. Around it sat even more of those glass vats, all empty, but very much intact. And there, with his back to Sorilax, was Sala. It had to be, though Sorilax couldn’t tell for sure from this distance. He even held what might have been the Air Hatchet.

Sorilax ran for him, causing Crystal to cry out a warning, then an order for the others to carefully advance as she retrieved their maker. Sorilax ran like he was possessing the Rahkshi again, legs pumping. For some reason Sala didn’t turn as he approached, but he knew it was his friend, there was a Kraata on the Matoran’s back.

It took a good half hour, but Sorilax eventually reached the middle of the space. He laughed in joy, so glad to see his friend. But Sala still stood facing the other direction. “Sala! Sala? It is I, Sala, Sorilax.

When Sala still didn’t respond, Sorilax grabbed the Matoran’s shoulder and turned him. As his front came into view, Sorilax’s emotions felt gutted, like he was his Rahkshi again and crushed by a shadowling. Sala was made of space, a wicked grin of stars adorning his face. Suddenly hundreds of shadowlings slid down the walls of the observatory, cutting off escape for Sorilax’s creations in his peripheral vision.

Sala stepped towards Sorilax even as the Aspect involuntarily backed away, cackling, “You wanted to find me since you stepped foot in this realm, didn’t you? Why do you flee, Aspect of Light and Silence? Aww, you didn’t expect this, did you? You weren’t able to form a coherent thought in that information dense brain of yours that might have warned you about this outcome. Well, you got me. You wished to find me and here I am.” He tilted his void head down as he spread his arms, giving off a menacing vibe as his star filled optics stared Sorilax down, “Well you should be careful what you wish for.

OOC: Sorilax's Far Shore Adventure Part 3

Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 4

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location -  Kini-Nui

With - Taja, Whisper, Knichou

OH!” This was another potential opportunity to see the Mask of Creation in action. She totally needed to go talk with him again. This Knichou. If he and Taja weren’t scared of this Skyra, then perhaps she shouldn’t be worried, either. “Yes, thank you. Maybe we can talk later.” One of her tethers waved goodbye to the Aspect and Toa duo as she swiftly moved away.

Knichou had moved a bit farther away from the village, but he was still relatively close. He was easy to find, the craftsmanship of his mask sticking out like the fluorescent mushrooms in the Fau Swamp. She made sure she wasn’t interrupting anything, it seemed like no one was currently talking to him, and injected herself, “Uh, hey. Me again. I’m told you’re the pilot of that airship.” She nodded her head towards the larger airship as she lifted up her final crate of Kanoka, “Would you like to trade for some Levitation and Increase Weight discs?

OOC: @Eyru @Nato the Traveler @BULiK

Well that doesn’t look safe.

Cravious peered down at the roiling Caldera, disappointed that it looked nothing like what they wanted to find. But what did he expect? They followed a talking Rahi for crying out loud. This certainly did not warrant a reward of food, though that smug Toa might reward the rock beast anyway.

His mind jumped through solutions as he tried to ignore the smells around him, each idea being tossed out as soon as he realized their faults. If that liquid ate everything it touched, then any bridge he made would be useless if he wanted supports to make it sturdy. The Toa of the Green might be able to craft them a wooden bridge, but Cravious doubted the fool would be able to build one sturdy enough. He turned to Whira, “If we wish to investigate that plinth, I’m thinking we’ll have to rely upon an elemental bridge. You made physical shadows before, do you think you could do much the same to get yourself across?

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Toru Nui @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Kal the Guardian
  • Like 3

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

On 1/22/2021 at 2:14 AM, Toru Nui said:

"Interesting. Tell me, what is your estimation as to the amount of time it will take for this 'revolution'?"

"Why, I suppose that would depend on your neural physiology as Nuparu and his patron was inspired to grant you," Stannis reasonably argued with a shrug.

On 1/22/2021 at 6:55 AM, Harvali said:

Then Kanohi swallowed, “Toa Stannis, I know I am naive and a fool. Th-thank you for being honest, as much as I do not like this truth, I needed to h-hear this. Do you think it is possible to request Aurax loosen his grip on the Vahki? Maybe through diplomacy? Likewise, do you think we could set up a Hive here or in Tobruk-Koro, to allow the Vahki who do defect from the League and rebel to find a home here?

Stannis' countenance shifted in response to the other councillor's simpering, and his tone softened slightly to offer kindness where there was harsh rebuke before. "It is quite alright, my friend," he said, meaning every word. This was the very same little prophet who had seen horrific things unfold around him, being wholly unprepared for the tragedies that befell his home and then followed him to Metru Nui, and then further to Xa, yet never stopped offering his best and truest self to those around him. There was not a single part of Stannis' unbeating heart that could hold a grudge against Kanohi because of it—people like Vulimai and Knichou were carried the names of Builders, but they were Destroyers in their souls, and in Stannis' eyes of all among his companions the bashful seer was the truest among them. 

"It is not wrong to want to do the right thing, and in another time it would even be smart to take the fight to Aurax and wrest the Vahki from his control, but what is right one moment may not always be the smart thing to do. War distorts us all in different ways, traumas take their tolls, and we ought only to learn and grow as we experience life. That is a strength."

17 hours ago, Harvali said:

Kanohi had planned to wait until Stannis replied before he did anything, or to hear Vulimai’s response. But then he heard a whistling sound. A horrifically familiar sound. The world melted away, but this was no prophetic vision. No, this was a memory.

Without thinking he dived at Stannis, trying to tackle him to the ground to shield him with his body.

Speaking of war trauma— Stannis thought sardonically, realizing too late that whatever he had said was likely lost in the reliving of an old shellshock memory cued by Skyra's shooting. The Kodak rounds flew into the air with lethal velocity, the loud reports from their firing quickly converting to dangerous whistles that heralded danger of an unpredictable sort. These were sounds altogether harmless in Skyra's mind's eye, her life as a shock trooper deadening her senses to their danger, but the sounds evoked real memories of warfare from a civilian's perspective in Kanohi. Stannis could see Kanohi's eyes dilate and glaze over as his mind drifted into a fog, how his muscles tensed with anxiety as they began to move almost all on their own in an effort to preserve. To preserve, Stannis recognized, but it wasn't Kanohi's own hide that he was trying to save... it was for Stannis'. 

Get down!” Kanohi screamed, his vocal processor breaking into a shriek of static.

The councillor threw himself onto the Wanderer. Had the terrain been even the effect would have been different, but Kanohi had lunged from ground only slightly higher than where Stannis stood on the slope, and consequently caught the toa of stone in the chest instead of the legs and threw him off balance, if only just. As Kanohi tackled into Stannis, the elder bowled over, falling onto his back and flinging his cloak down like a theatre curtain descending upon a scene, just as Kanohi sought to protect Stannis with his body the cloak guardedly wrapped the Matoran to shield him. Both beings fell in a heap, and there they stayed for a moment until the chaos was over.

15 hours ago, Sparticus147 said:

"The rest of you. You are dismissed to return to your day... I have more work to do." Vulimai grumbled to herself as she marched off. She could hardly think of anything that would make today any worse.

When they both came to and crawled from under the ashen cloak, Skyra had been all but banished and the scene had run its course. The committee called to order by Akiri Vulimai was being dismissed and people had begun to go their separate ways. For better or for worse, the Wanderer's knowledgeable counsel had swayed opinions. But not all, he thought, casting a glance again at Knichou. Hearts that beat with hot blood were much harder to persuade than others. 

The old cloak had been all but shrugged off the Wanderer's body when he fell with Kanohi, however, and he stooped down to scoop it off the green earth. He beat grassy clumps off of it, revealing fresh green stains on the back and a new ripped hole at the back of the neck. Thinking that perhaps it was time to finally have the tattered garment mended, he folded it over his arm like some unfolded bedsheet just as Viltia returned from the market and approached Knichou.

"Thank you, Kanohi," Stannis said earnestly, looking down at his companion. "Are you alright?"

@Harvali @Kal the Guardian @BULiK @Sparticus147 @~Xemnas~ 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 4

IC: Niidak (Ko-Pou)

Matoran turned Rahi? Niidak was immediately reminded of the strange statue she had found, which depicted a Rahi with a Matoran’s head. Was there any connection? Maybe, maybe not. She was not a Matoran so she probably didn’t have to worry.

”Yes, thank you. I’ll be going now. I might be back later, as I have... things I need to return to. Good bye.”

She turned to the portal and stepped through, closely followed by her escort. In an instant, she was near Kini-Koro. The guards followed her until she reached the settlement, then left without saying a word. She let out a sigh of relief and entered the village.

Before she’d go to the marketplace to get rid of the junk she had found, she decided to head to the local drinking place. Of course, a settlement wasn’t a settlement without one, so there must be one somewhere. As she walked, she saw a group of important looking people talking about things that sounded important. She shrugged and moved on.

She then spotted an ugly-looking red Toa doing whatever he was doing, and approached them. ”Hey there, do you know where the local tavern is? There is one here, right?”

OOC: @Toru Nui she’s talking to achro

• Like 3

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles