Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Triage - Metru-Koro Ruins

"You must mean the other village that moved, Po-Koro," Triage said, then pointed in the general direction of Tobduk-Koro and the Stone Ruins. "The population moved north. The airship you saw came from Metru Nui, I was helping an injured Toa aboard it."

The medic glanced to Okuo, then tilted his head in curiosity at Kardaka. "You're a native of this island, aren't you?"

@Onaku@Harvali

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Nuju | Kini-Nui

"No?" Nuju responded as SIdra NUVA returned and declared a lack of Makoki Stones in the first timeline she visited. "A pity, but to be expected. I wouldn't expect it would be easy to find. Perhaps in the other timeline then."

Before he could continue the portal rippled again, and Sorilax returned. Nuju ever so slightly cocked his head, curiosity piqued. Both adventurers stood laden with gifts from the Far Shore. Nuju asked them both; "what did you see?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

"I... uh... saw the past," she replied. "The day the Dark Hunters set the Kanohi Dragon free. But things were... different." 

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Nuju nodded sagely at her words, his eyes closed in thought. "A kanohi dragon is a dangerous rahi. You're lucky to have survived. I remember when it came to our shores, before Nidiki and Lhiikan and the others arrived. Those were dark days, and it was then I wondered what Great Spirit would let such terror occur to his chosen people. If we were chosen, what were we chosen for?" 

He paused, letting the words sink in. "It was when the Kanohi Dragon came to Metru-Nui I realized something was wrong with the universe. That's when I began searching the stars in earnest for a way to escape. I just never expected the answer to be from within rather than without."

A gukko flew overhead, casting a shadow over the trio as they spoke by the rift. "But you are different. You can forge your own destiny, remake the Makoki, and reach Tren Krom. So, what now?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Sidra, Nuju

Sorilax stowed away the vial of unidentified liquid, swinging his backpack back into place. Of course Nuju would ignore his questioning, just as before. He was a Matoran of half truths. Handing out just enough information to get what he needed. An Aspect of Makuta in all forms except physical.

If Sorilax ever got a Makoki Stone, he might very well never proffer it to the Ko-Matoran. Still, he did want to tell someone of his adventure and Sidra was here as well. “I traveled a dead world covered in ice and mysteries. I saw buildings too tall to see the ground and infinite in number. I saw science very much in the vein of Taboos. And I saw the aftermath of an unnatural power used in abundance and without boundaries. The dangers there were supernatural in their form and I stood alone. Only by realizing my ultimate Destiny was I able to survive. I hope Sala is faring better than I.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

"Now... I'm not sure," she replied thoughtfully, "I want to find one of those stones for you, I want to help fix things... but I'm not sure if I'm ready to go back in there yet."

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"It's understandable your nerves would be shaken," Nuju said to Sidra NUVA. "The Far Shore is an acquired experience. Although Sorilax I imagine you would take to the place quite well. It is your birthplace after all. As for your vial, while I don't know it's origin I'm sure someone in that village," Nuju gestured to Kini-Koro, "has an alchemical kit or knowledge of strange liquids."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

Happy chat.

"Thanks for... being here," she said to Nuju, wincing at her own poor phrasing. She hastily continued. "I'll... try to be back, probably with company next time. Not sure I'm up for another solo trip... not to mention I need to catch up on... actually, how long have I been gone?" 

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

"I'd say about a month. A whole village popped up since you left."

ooc: @Nato the Traveler, @Kal the Guardian

IC: Tuyet | Metru-Nui

"A lesterin, interesting. I learn more in a day than I do in a lifetime," Tuyet said with a soft smile. "Here's your mask."

She took it off, handed it over, and fainted. When she came to she was propped against one of the windows staring out at the sky below. She didn't know how she got from the cargo level to the gallery, but she was there so someone moved her. He head hurt, and she found herself having trouble breathing without a mask. Everything was just a bit slower to accomplish, and her fingers felt numb. Outside the airship was a view that made her heartlight skip a beat: Metru-Nui, or what was left of it.

It was not the City of Legends anymore tucked away within the giant skull of the Ark. It was a far cry from the city she'd fought to keep safe in the years of her watch. Entire Metrus sunk sideways, their towers piercing up and out at freakish angles from the depths of the silver sea. Chute systems were shattered, and everywhere was a sense of loss and defeat. Everywhere except for a new metru blossoming along the interior of the skull, Tuyet realized.

"Get a load of this," she grumbled. "There's nothing for Aurax to be a Barraki of in this dumpster of a city."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @BULiK, @~Xemnas~

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 3

Happy chat.

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Sidra, Nuju

Sorilax frowned, “My what?!” He pondered this. His connection to his Grand Wish and Taboos had been greatly strengthened there. It… it actually made sense. “I suppose that indeed does make sense, if true.

He turned his head at the mention of the village. WHOA. There was an actual village!

Sidra’s question put fear in his soul. He turned to Nuju, “How long have I been gone?” Any amount of time was too much. What if one of his brothers or sisters had completed their Grand Wish, or at least were now far ahead of him? It would be his fault if disaster befell all of Life.

• Like 2

"A month?" Sidra sputtered, panic already setting in as she realised how much she must have worried everyone back at Le-Metru. What if Wairuha had gone walkabout while she was away? What if something had happened to her friends while she was gone? What if- Wait...

"No, hang on, you mean this village?" She gestured to Kini-Koro. "That was there when I left." 

@Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 2

"I'm sorry, but you expect the ghost that works with wormholes and time collapsing on itself to be good with calendars?" Nuju shook his head and laughed. "I can't remember. It's all the same here to me. I'm sure the villagers will be able to give a better estimate than I ever could. I feel it's been about a month for at least one of you. I could have sworn that village wasn't there when you arrived. Maybe I've been spending too much time staring at the stars while you were gone."

@Nato the Traveler, @Kal the Guardian

• Like 3

Happy chat.

"A month for one of... oh karz," she turned to Sorilax. From what she'd heard around Le-Metru Nuva, she'd been the last person to see him, the day she acquired her mech. "Was this your first trip to the Far Shore?" 

@Unreliable Narrator @Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Sidra, Nuju

It made sense this Far Shore projection was prone to the same type of shifting he had seen on his travels. Perhaps this Nuju was more a manifestation of the Far Shore than he was the being he had once been.

Sidra addressed him.

Sorilax nodded, his flower crown from Vhisola still as fresh as the day she had made it, “Sala and I were gone for a week, first studying the Air Suva and then traveling here, where I then met you. You were here when I entered the Far Shore. I only spent half a week in there, surely only that amount of time has passed.

Edited by Kal the Guardian
  • Like 1

"Nuju's right. I went in about a month after I saw you leave. You've been gone for... quite a while." 

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kumu Peninsula

Whira traveled across the liquid antidermis on her bridge of shadow. It was terrifying to be so close to the substance she came from. She felt it calling for her swift return, and she felt other concepts desperately screaming to be set free: new aspects clawing at the thinning veil separating the darkness of a one's thoughts and the harsh reality of the Time Between Time. At last Whira arrived, finding herself before the stone pillar. 

It was not obsidian or basalt or granite. She was not quite sure what kind of stone it was actually. However, there was something carved along it, spiraling like a coiled snake or a circular star chart in the circular language of the Builders.

One silver thread

Two bodies dead

Three broken yolks

Four severed heads

Five promised lies

Six scattered stones

Seven stars torn

One world born

"So, you promised something to eat off the vegetarian menu. Can I eat the vegetarian?" Asked the rock.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @Toru Nui, @~Xemnas~

• Like 3

Happy chat.

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Sidra, Nuju

Sorilax spent a good minute mulling over the information. The Far Shore was a dangerous place indeed. And the world around him might have grown far more dangerous in his absence. But his fear subsided as reality set in. He could change nothing, and for the longest time, time itself had meant nothing to him. He would make do and still strive for his Grand Wish. He owed it to all the morally good beings in the world. No, for all Life, good and bad. He would make things better.

He realized that meant he might not see Sala again for quite some time. He… shouldn’t wait. Sala would want him to continue on with his Grand Wish, he was sure. Plus, Sala had Avagah now. And that Air Hatchet. Surely he would be fine on his own and could even make it back to Le-Metru Nuva.

That is quite unfortunate indeed. And I suppose it means I should not wait around for Sala, as time is fickle in the Far Shore. Have things been well in Le-Metru Nuva this past month? I do so earnestly hope they have been.

• Like 2

"The village is fine," she assured him. "We've got a new forge, improved our defences, more disks and masks than we know what to do with. Viltia was talking about trading some of it here for what we don't have." 

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Sidra, Nuju

By jove! That is quite spectacular to hear, indeed! No longer does it sound like they are just surviving. It does me good to hear such things.

Sorilax took a look at the villages and the two portals in the valley. Sidra had mentioned coming from one of them. Perhaps there was something there for him to find. Another Taboo, perhaps? If he sought it out, he would be as close to Kini-Nui as he could be while still exploring the island.

He turned back to Sidra, “Did you need any assistance of any kind before I go on my way?

• Like 1

"I don't think so," she shrugged. "I've got some... personal stuff to sort out."

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Sidra, Nuju

Sorilax shrugged in turn, “Very well. In any case, if you should have any need of me for any reason, you can…

He paused.

Actually, I’m not quite sure yet what I want to do next or where to go. Perchance investigate the portal you came through a month ago. Or finish researching the Taboo I’m in the middle of. Or see if anyone needs my help in this village.

A hardlight hand scratched at his chin, “What I desire most is to see with my own optics how Le-Metru Nuva has fared in my absence, then continue on with my Grand Wish, but I feel compelled to stay in this valley, or close to it, until Sala returns.

Sorilax stood, the hardlight chair disappearing. “A true puzzle if ever there was one. Time is no longer on my side.

• Like 2

"I could teleport us to Le-Metru Nuva now, if you wanted?" She offered, "Then bring you straight back here when you're done."

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Sidra, Nuju

You could? Hummmm….” Sorilax pondered the prospect for a good thirty seconds. The offer was too good to pass up. Teleportation was very useful. “I do think that would be desirable to myself, but would it be quite alright if I took a stroll around the village first? You said Viltia might be here, and I do think it would be nice to see her before we go. And see if any knowledge needs to be given to others.

Sorilax tapped his chin, “That is, if you have the time to wait. I understand if you do not, and in that case I would take you up on your offer immediately.

• Like 1

"Nah, I can stick around. There's somewhere I want to try to talk to while I'm here."

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

Location - Kini-Nui

With - Sidra, Nuju

Ah, very good, you are full of kindness and I thank you for it,” Sorilax nodded, “I suppose when I am finished I shall come back here, unless we run into each other before then. Farewell for now.” He turned to walk away.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

"Good luck," she waved him farewell, before setting off on her own way.

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

Location - Kini-Nui

Sorilax went on his way, movements shrouded in Silence like a fresh snowfall, his body giving off a faint golden glow like a gentle sun. A couple seagulls swooped by overhead, their cawing playing across the lake as the water sat still, nestled in the valley. The noises of civilization were distant here, and a general air of peace permeated the space. Sorilax took a moment to watch a couple dark shadows he knew were fish dart away as he leaned over to peer upon the face of the water.

A whole month. He had been gone a whole month. It would have boggled his mind had he not lost years, no, decades at a time studying Rahi. At least Le-Metru Nuva was doing well. He hoped all the villagers still lived.

He turned to look at the Far Shore portal one last time. I shall not be gone for long, Sala. Please return in safety and full health, he thought, sending his well wishes to his friend despite knowing he couldn't be heard. Then he turned and crossed the bridge to leave Kini-Nui proper and venture forth into the valley.

Interestingly, he noted there were two Matoran guardsmen at the bridge. They looked slightly familiar. Perhaps they had been at Metru-Koro when he had and he had seen them in passing? They let him pass, though both of them jumped in surprise at his passing, most likely due to his Silence.

Sorilax casually strolled halfway to the village, enjoying the sights of the valley, before a thought struck him. What was he doing? He had his scrolls back! He needed to write down all that had just transpired. Conjuring a hardlight table and chair, Sorilax sat down. He pulled out several scrolls, one of them blank. Setting out his brown, Le-Metru Nuva made ink, he grabbed his quill and got to work, hand moving in quick, precise motions. If there was one thing he wasn’t slow at, it was writing. Oh, and drawing. Two things. But practicing something for thousands of years did tend to help one out in any category.

• Like 2

IC: Sidra - Kini-Koro

Saving herself the trouble of dealing with awkward questions from the guards, Sidra took a roundabout route with a couple of careful teleports as she worked her way up to the village proper. She took her time, still processing everything she'd endured while in the Far Shore, and everything that had come back with her. 

Eventually, though, she found herself in the village proper, mingling with the crowds as she searched around for familiar faces, both the ones she wished to avoid, and the one in particular she was looking for.

OOC: Sidra open for interaction.

• Like 2

IC: Okuo - Metru-Koro

Okuo raised his eyebrows. The Ark. The launch. Triage asked an obvious question, though Okuo thought of a more personal inquiry. "Do you happen to know a Turaga by the name Klawne? She's another native to this land." 

@Harvali@Tarn

IC: Iradra - Kini-Koro

Iradra sighed and shrugged. "Did you know of an outpost of afflicted matoran by the Ice Ruins designated Ko-Pou? Apparently information does not spread as easily in Kini-Koro as I would have liked, this is the first I'm hearing about it. I suspect the afflicted are dealing with Hordika mutations of some kind."

@Snelly

• Like 3

IC: Vashni - Kini-koro -

Vashni looked surprised. "This is the first I've heard of it, I wish I'd known sooner." Vashni was quite familiar with many different kinds of mutations, including ones caused by Hordika venom. The island she once hailed from had a native population of Visorak, so there was a reason she'd been gifted with the mask she currently wore when she first became a Toa.

"My mask can reverse any mutations, including those caused by Hordika venom. We should head there immediately." 

@Onaku

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Iradra - Kini-Koro

Iradra nodded and resumed her hurried walk with the matoran guard down the path leading out of Kini-Koro, expecting Vashni to follow. Along the way down to the lake, she spotted a being sitting at a desk of what she recognised to be hardlight, busy writing something down. "Intriguing..."

@Snelly@Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

"Get a load of this," she grumbled. "There's nothing for Aurax to be a Barraki of in this dumpster of a city."

IC: Exuze, Metru-Nui Airspace, The Crimson Galleon

Exuze was glad to have his Kanohi back, but him having to carry her up a ladder was easier said than done. He was sitting on a chair nearby, watching Tuyet carefully, as she awoke.

"Yea, people were gonna go back but then it started sinkin'," the Ta-Lesterin said. "Shame."

He could see her breathing was pained.

"Ya sure ya don't need tha Kanohi?" Exuze asked. "I said when ya feelin' bettah, an' clearly that wasn't tha case. Once we get in tha city we can getcha a new one, but if ya not feelin' too good..."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

"Yeah totally," Tuyet replied without looking, her eyes still observing the bustle of League soldiers down below as the airship approached its destination. Had she made a really bad choice? Was she one of the baddies?

Naaaaah, it was the League who was wrong.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @BULiK, set us down where you will. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Happy chat.

IC: Tekmo (Kumu Peninsula, Antidermis Caldera) - I Didn't Say That I Was a Vegetarian

Tekmo put on a calm smile, but in truth, internally he was panicking. Not just from the rock perhaps misunderstanding what a vegetarian was - hopefully. Nothing he had ever materialized lasted after he drew his energy away from it. It decomposed into mush and dust as soon as he took his eyes off it. This was why he wanted to make sure that the rock wanted fruit or vegetables in the first place. He knew there had to be a way to do it - Toa of his element could create entire forests and not die from exhaustion - he just didn’t know what it was.

He outstretched his hand, and a Vuata fruit formed from his palm. This rare sustenance was so full of energy it glowed with it. He would remain focused on this - even after it entered the rock’s gullet - or whatever constituted their digestive tract - so that they did not feel it dematerialize before they had a chance to taste it. It would take tremendous focus and effort... but, well, this was him he was thinking about. He’d be fine.

"Vuata Maca Tree Fruit. I know it glows, but that's only because it's full of energy goodness!" He offered it to the rock. He’d have to get their name at some point. And also figure out how exactly the rock ate in the first place. He just sort of held it towards them, offering it while examining it closely for any kind of orifice.

@Unreliable Narrator@Kal the Guardian@~Xemnas~

IC: Waveahk (Kumu Peninsula, Shrine of Shadows) - Tired Old Song and Dance

Waveahk let out a strange noise that might be interpreted as a sigh. "This again? And here I thought we were getting along. Please, forgive me for my lack of knowledge pertaining a species and society I only just learned about. I know I cannot get inside myself. That is what you are for, is it not? Or do you not know how to get inside your own buildings?"

@Sparticus147@Burnmad

IC: Ostrox (Far Shore Rift, The Depot) - Ostrox’s Far Shore Adventure, Part 7

The rest of the journey was rather uneventful. Not-Fera continued to provide interesting, but ultimately irrelevant information about Ragboda. Ostrox saw glimpses of the Fleshyard - bodies piled on top of one another, frozen to keep the biomass from decomposing, so that it may yet be recycled. In the distance, he saw what was called the Burnyard - a perpetual tire fire of sorts, where flammable waste went to die, flaring up in the distance. Both the cold of the Fleshyard and the heat of the Burnyard seemed to cross the vast distances to make him chilly and overheated at the same time.

The Thoughtyard, a massive 'rehabilitation' camp, lied on the opposite side of the island. Not-Fera apparently spirited a few detainees from there to the Haven, though far less than she would have liked. The Wasteyard contained anything that didn’t belong in the other sectors - not metal, not flesh, not flammable, not 'thinking incorrectly', just random refuse, periodically dissolved by acid rain or buried beneath the sand.

Ostrox always felt like he was being watched, but he felt more so than usual on Ragboda. The featureless grey sky was sometimes lit by random lightning flashes, despite there being no storm. The sun never broke through the thick layer of dreary mist and clouds, nor did rain ever slip through it. He kept fiddling with the anti-energy shield just in case one of these natural oddities proved to be more supernatural in nature. As it turned out, there was a hidden panel that allowed him to select which element it should cancel out, having their own little coloured hexagonal buttons. There were elements he recognized - and elements he did not.

Eventually, they reached the Depot. The clinical, modern name contrasted with the ornate and gaudy interior. The decadent stone halls and painted glass windows also conflicted with the creatures that filled it, creatures that may have once been Matoran. Their flesh was the same sickly pale colour as the bisected one he saw when he first arrived here. They wore no mask. Their eyes, mouth, heartlight and some of their extremities seemed to have been crudely replaced with sub-standard mechanical parts. They all fled as fast as their pathetic bodies could carry them at the sight of intruders, stopping whatever tasks they were doing in the process.

"There’s nothing here that will stop us. No one is supposed to make it this far."

The ceiling and walls were occasionally marred by strange glowing vines, coming from further within the Depot and attached to various machinery. Canned propaganda over loudspeaker blared until Not-Fera closed her fist and crushed the speakers into metallic scrap. Opening a massive pair of carved wooden doors revealed a steel vault door behind those doors, which Not-Fera also crumpled up as if it were paper.

Not-Fera entered the central chamber alongside Ostrox. It was quite a revolting display, not just because of all the unsightly falsehoods carved onto the walls, imitating some pseudo-history. At the center of the chamber, there was an unsightly mechanical device that Ostrox thought to be some manner of Suva. Attached to the Suva, there were various chairs of differing sizes. They were covered in bindings and restraints and sharp looking implements and tubes. Stains of liquids Ostrox didn’t want to identify were smeared on some of them. On the ceiling, the glowing vines coalesced to form one large vine that drooped down and attached to the Suva. Energy seemed to flow up from the Suva into the vines, spreading power throughout the facility. But where did the Suva get the power to spread in the first place?

Not-Fera’s visible disgust was worse than his own. "This is where they drain them. Anyone who has the slightest amount of elemental power and is judged 'unworthy' to have it, even if it’s just innate like in Matoran, is brought here. Held down in those chairs and sucked dry ‘til they barely have the strength to stand. That’s why the servants have those robot parts. They can’t survive without them."

For just a moment, Ostrox sort of felt bad for stomping on that Matoran. That guilt faded away when he remembered that the Matoran were doing this to themselves, alongside other species.

Twelve Toa cadavers were on full display, in airtight see-through sarcophagi adorning the walls. Ostrox recognized Farros - grey Toa with Pakari - and Fera - orange Toa with Akaku - who had been placed adjacent to each other. How cute. The other ten, however... he felt like he did recognize at least some of them, but he wasn’t sure where from. Interestingly, there were twelve corpses, but he counted thirteen sarcophagi. The thirteenth was occupied not by a corpse, but...

"That..." Not-Fera looked over the thirteenth sarcophagus and its contents, which angered her for some reason. "That’s just Anora-Model Adaptive Armour in its default state!"

"Why hello there, Anora-Model Adaptive Armour in its default state! I didn’t know you had inanimate objects for siblings, 'Fera'."

"I don’t. Poxor should be in here, but... he’s not. What did they do to his body?!"

"Was he buried with that armour?"

"No, we went in with nothing but our masks-"

"Then what is it doing here, apart from possibly being-"

Suddenly, the armour began adapting before their eyes. It shifted into a Toa-like form, bursting out of the sarcophagus. It’s head took on the appearance of a Mask of Strength, and stared down the two of them.

"A trap."

"As I was saying, you interfere with the natural order of the universe. Your reckoning is long overdue, sister."

IC: NU-8020S and Navu (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Exterior) - Ramping It Up

"Alrighty then. This is the boarding ramp. We use it for... boarding. Yeah. Just up here, we’ll get to the actual ship..." Navu led Skyra up the boarding ramp. She made large strides in order to make sure the Toa didn’t overtake her just by walking.

NU-8020S could be seen in the distance, scuttering towards Nale.

@Snelly@Tarn

IC: Achro (Kini-Koro) - Overwhelming Firepower

"Perhaps you could go to... see that airship, over there?" Achro pointed towards the Taku"It’s full of all sorts of weapons. Supposedly. They wouldn’t let me see. Perhaps they’ll pay for more? Dangerous times call for dangerous... things. I forget how it goes. Really, just - just go somewhere that isn’t where I am."

@Daniel the Finlander

• Like 4

IC, Whira: Kumu Peninsula

Whira pondered the poem. The usage of the word yolk reminded her of the Rite of  Desecration, but the rest of it... she wasn't sure the significance. She began scanning the little island while also running her hands over the pillar, trying to see if there was anything else of note about the island and pillar.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

IC Kanohi - Kini-Koro

Kanohi nodded, though an troubled expressed emerged under his mask. Still he answered Vulimai, “more guards would be welcomed. Our three villages are too interconnected, if one falls, the portals would allow an invasion to quickly spread. Maybe … maybe Tobduk-Koro should have a backup plan to destroy the Ruins of Stone, prevent an attack from hitting your people.

He hesitated as he walked besides her, before a saying, “if I may be honest, I worry a bit about Tobduk-Koro. About the empathy of our people. It’s in the little things. When Po-Koro was destroyed many songs were sung of the Toa who responded, I got some too. But those of us who were neither Toa nor Matoran, they got a footnote at best, despite their hard work. The buildings are also built for Matoran, doors are too small. It doesn’t affect a Toa much, they can duck, but the village was not built with thought for the larger and wider breeds.

I only recently realized this but I … it does trouble me,” he wasn’t panicking, just seemed sorrowful, “Especially given the … justification for the League. I am unsure how to encourage my people how to think outside of our breed. Do you think if some of the guards you sent us were not Matoran, if that would help? Or do you think that would only annoy my people?

OOC: @Sparticus147

IC Mahrika - The Suva of Fire

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran bowed, “I am pleased to help, Big Brother. A warning, a Toa of Fire is waiting for my return to the Great Telescope, he seems charismatic when things go his way, when things go wrong for him, he is quick to anger. If I am too late, he will search for me.

Mahrika paused, before slamming her Kanoka at the ground, creating a layer of ice. Drawing her new Flame Sword she said, “If you are willing, look through my eyes. I will draw everything I know on this site, a map to it, the Suva’s puzzle and how to unlock it, and where the Great Telescope lies.

Saying this she drove her blade against the frost, and began to carve notes in the ice. 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

IC Kardaka - the Ruins of Metru-Koro

Kardaka was quiet, thinking. She barely remembered that moment now, she remembered shouting, anger, elements flying, and then her splitting from her Team of Toa. They left to ride the Ark, and she stayed behind. To serve those left on a dying world. Her hand traced her carved words, trying to recall more details.

In the end she simply said, “Yes, I stayed behind when the Ark launched. It is … good to know others survived. At least for now.” She hesitated, “I do not know if any maps remained in the Ark, but have you noticed the coastline is shrinking? Patches of it seem to be vanishing into the sea.

At the mention of another Turaga she paused. “I … do not remember many names. And I have not been a Turaga for long. But Klawne, I think I recall that name. She … it’s been a while, but I think she … she wasn’t of the element Stone, was she? No, no she was of Earth.

OOC: @Onaku @Tarn 

• Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

1 hour ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

IC, Whira: Kumu Peninsula

Whira pondered the poem. The usage of the word yolk reminded her of the Rite of  Desecration, but the rest of it... she wasn't sure the significance. She began scanning the little island while also running her hands over the pillar, trying to see if there was anything else of note about the island and pillar.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kumu Peninsula

Whira's careful attention moved from one point on the little island within the center of the caldera to another point, and then another. She investigated thoroughly, but without success at finding anything hidden or obscured from sight. All around she heard the whispers of thoughts and dreams, of hope and despair, and the incessant nagging feeling that she did not belong as a physical conscious being. She could see concepts roiling in the green mists. She saw them like watching bodies writhe behind silk screens. She saw their shadows ripped and torn, their essence dissolved, and their individuality returned to the collective. 

On the other side of the caldera, atop the embankment with Tekmo and Cravious, the rock began to eat. It rolled itself against the fruit, absorbing the energy on contact. Tekmo felt his toa power being drained as the rock voraciously sucked the life out of the madu. The fruit began to crumple into organic powders and fly away as dust on the wind. 

"So delicious," said the rock as it continued to suck on Tekmo's essence through their mutual contact with the remains of the fruit. "I did not know the vegetarian menu was so well rounded!"

Cravious and Tekmo noticed the rock had gained a couple inches.

OOC: @~Xemnas~, there's only the pillar on that particular island.

• Like 3

Happy chat.

IC, Whira: Kumu Peninsular

Whira sighed. There was nothing else there on the island. She stood up, making her way back across the bridge to where Cravious, Tekmo, and the living rock were waiting. 

"Nothing important there," she said. She turned to the rock. "Are there any other locations around here with a different kind of "juice"? Perhaps with a different color?" she asked it.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

IC: Niidak (Kini-Koro)

It didn't sound like the Toa was lying about the airship, but like they knew little about it. Niidak wasn't surprised they didn't let him see inside as he had nothing of value to offer.

"Sure, thank you. I'll be out of your sight, don't worry." It was common for others to be annoyed by her trying to do business with them, but this Toa seemed more unstable than usual. It was probably for the best not to anger him, so Niidak quickly left. However, she did not head towards the airship which sat atop a hill. If it really was full of weapons, why would they need more? The Toa was clearly just trying to make her go away. Instead, she headed towards it at first but then took a sharp turn, disappearing behind the corner of a haphazardly constructed building.

She wanted to find a tavern or cafe of some kind, but still didn't know if the young village had one. Maybe the inhabitants were too busy with survival to enjoy even the smallest amount of luxury. Perhaps Niidak was the only one trying to cling on to her old plentiful life? Either way, it didn't hurt to ask around, maybe from someone who was more familiar with the settlement.

Niidak noticed a random, particularly strange-looking passer-by whose species she did not recognize. They appeared well-equipped and even had a shining badge, possibly denoting some official position. Surely, such a person was familiar with the village.

She approached them and tapped them on the shoulder with her claw. "Hey there, could you help me navigate this place? I haven't been here before. Are there places for drinking and trading, and if yes, then where are they?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler shes talking to sidra

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
  • Like 2

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Koro)

Walking alongside Kanohi, listening further to his words, a ping from her armor informed her that a radio message was coming from the Kini-Nui Watchtower. Though she initially wanted to accept the call, her attention was towards Kanohi. So simply returning a reply that was more or less, call later unless it is important, Vulimai pondered upon the Fe-Matoran's ideas.

"To destroy the ruins...I agree that having some means of cutting off the portals in the case of emergency is a precedence, but I would prefer if we rather find a way to control the portals themselves rather than destroy the ruins in their entirety."

"As for the Matoran, well..." Vulimai's voice trailed off, as her earlier argument with Ostrox came to mind, "...They aren't malicious I'm sure. They are simply ignorant. The League's justification for the war was only ever justification against our leaders, not the Matoran themselves. I'm not sure if seeing and interacting with more none-Matoran will help, but I don't think it will harm either. I'll ask them if any would be willing to assist in the protection of Tobduk-Koro, but I won't force them either."

"Honestly, with the end of the old world, I thought more than a few people would see the futility in it all, but it seems that some still hold their grudges. On both sides."

OOC: @Harvali

IC: Apex (Kumu-Peninsula, Shrine of Shadow)

In a normal situation, Apex might of flared her emotions at Waveahk's insolence and disrespect. But here, her pride meant little, and it meant even less to try to maintain it. "I did not mean offense. If anything, I had hoped you were going to prove me wrong. But it seems not."

Approaching the dark edifice once more, Apex shivered at the malevolent glow of the taboo sign upon the door. She was afraid. Apex didn't know whether the sign upon the door was a message, telling her the specific taboo she needed to open the door, or the remains of a key, left by an Aspect long ago. But regardless, she had come too far to simply abandon her quest now.

Raising up one of the smaller forelimbs, Apex placed her claws upon the wall, just beneath the sign, as her voice broke out into a rumbling rumble, it being like the silent shifting of sand , of waves lapping upon a beach, of tree trunks growing through the ages.

Goodbye

Mortal Soil

Decrepit and Raw

Shadow Born Cosmos

Where I see all

Hello

OOC: @Toru Nui @Burnmad @Unreliable Narrator Apex is attempting to open the door using the Kraata Creation and Infection Taboo.

• Like 2