Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Taja | Kini-Koro

Taja was used to waiting. Her whole life, it seemed, had been a study in patience. Astronomy required the ability to slow down one's perception of time to match the time kept by the stars. She had spent years monitoring stars whose fractional movements took place in only minutes of star-time. Then she became a Toa, and instead of becoming the heroes she had admired from afar, she had found herself an absolute novice, spending day after day learning to bend her new powers to her will. She was nothing if not patient. But, somehow, Stannis's urging to wait rubbed her the wrong way.

She had come too far and gone through too much just to stand around, waiting at the beck and call of an old man who seemed to have business with every being under the sun. She had no doubt he knew some valuable things, but the cryptic answers and half-truths she had overheard thus far made her wonder just how much he actually knew. He swaddled himself in mystery, and seemed to immensely enjoy his own mystique. Perhaps that enigmatic aura hid incredible secrets... or perhaps not. Either way, Taja found herself suddenly tired of waiting, for the first time in as long as she could remember.

"I'm curious about that village in the swamps," she said abruptly, looking at Whisper. "The one that Toa mentioned. Apparently they've learned how to forge disks and masks."

She looked around, studying the village they had built. It was enough for now, but its foundation was more hope than anything else. Despite the infected masks and the presence of a giant mech, she was all too aware it could be wiped out at any moment. The Warksaks were still out there, and so was the Tahtorak.

"So I'm going to go check it out," she continued. "Maybe I'll be back by the time Stannis is ready to talk. If not..." she tapped her head. "Well, you know how to reach me."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 3

IC: Knichou, Kini-Nui Hillside

Knichou slowly carried the crate up the hillside to where the Taku was parked, optics soaking in the silhouettes of clouds that glowed in the afternoon sunlight. As he got closer to the ship, he could see Nale was conversing with the Vahki from earlier. The engineer could make out Nale's words as his approach ended.

"Is this Vahki unit still volunteering for the mission?" he asked Nale as he set the crate of Kanoka down on the grass beside him.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Whisper - Kini-Koro

"Of course," she said. "Good luck."

@Eyru

IC: Xaril - Metru Nui

"This way to the Coliseum," the titan said, stepping off the ship and gesturing towards the nearby tower. "It's the best real estate in the city at the moment. As you can see, things have got a little... waterlogged."

@Unreliable Narrator @BULiK

• Like 3

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Exuze, Metru-Nui Airdocks

The lesterin disembarked, taking care to stay near Tuyet as the duo followed Xarill, ready if she was to faint again.

"Ya don't happen ta knowuva place ta get 'er a new Kanohi, do ya?" he asked the titan.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Taja | Kini-Koro

The Toa of shadow made her way back to her hut. It wasn't much. It was more a hole dug into the side of the hill than anything else, with a wooden door set into a earthen frame. The inside was cramped, with a low ceiling. A single lightstone glowed gently from the wall, where she'd dug a hole and jammed it in. She didn't need the light, but it felt odd to just sit in the darkness. Even though the light was vaguely annoying, like an itch she couldn't quite scratch, it made it feel more like home. Other than that, there was a bedroll and a crate half-full of whatever possessions she had. Her bag, a few disks, a telescope, some star charts she'd taken from Metru-Koro and forgotten to give back to Jaa. She looked around and realized, like she did every time she came home, that it really wasn't much at all. She'd been too busy training to really work on it. It was just a place to sleep. Nothing more.

Taja opened the crate and retrieved her bag, swinging the strap across her body. The weight felt good on her shoulder. It was familiar. She carefully selected a few disks from her shrinking collection and placed these in the bag, along with a canteen and some rations of dried fruit. Finally, after a moment's deliberation, she took out a star chart and carefully rolled it up. If she was going to make another trek down to the swamps, she might as well try to map out some of the island's geography as she went. 

Stepping back out of her dimly lit hut, Taja winced as the late afternoon light flooded her optics again. She blinked away the irritation and waited for her eyes to adjust, then started walking south. The Kini Nui valley was big, and it would take a few hours to properly cross the ridge and get back out onto the plains. The lush jungle beckoned from the slopes, promising relief from the sunlight on the back of her neck. Hopefully, she would make it out of the valley by nightfall, and could walk across the unforgiving desert during the cool of the night.

OOC: Taja moving south. Last chance if anyone in Kini-Koro wants to chat.

• Like 3

IC: Vashni - Kini-koro -

"I understand all too well." Vashni was often plagued with headaches from using her own elemental power. "Best thing you can do is not push yourself too hard, it doesn't do you or anyone else any good." 

@Onaku

IC: Skyra Daring - Kini-Koro -

"The armory!" Skyra said with much enthusiasm. "I'm uh...a bit of a hoplophile, I'll admit." 

OOC: @BULiK@Tarn @Toru Nui 

• Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Iradra - Kini-Koro

"I've tried not to." She responded simply. Walking the trail from Kini-Koro, the trio eventually arrived at the Ice Ruins portal, stepping through into the Ice Ruins and beyond that arriving at the garrison stationed at the portal. "I was informed my presence was urgently requested." Iradra said, looking around the place with mild interest. Slightly colder than she'd expected, Ice Ruins or not. She pulled her robes tight to herself, a slight shiver shooting through her as her breath condensed in the nippy air.

@Sparticus147@Snelly

• Like 2

IC: Vashni - Ice Ruins -

"It's cold." Vashni remarked as they stepped through the portal, though she probably should have expected that the Ice Ruins would be colder. "I hope we don't have too much farther to go..." 

@Onaku

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Sidra - Kini-Koro

Having little luck investigating by eye, Sidra reached out with her psionic senses, searching for the mildly familiar mind of Atamai, one of the first beings she'd encountered on the day she'd gained her powers. Ah, there you are.

She hurried over to him. "Atamai! Can I have a word?"

@~Xemnas~

• Like 3

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kumu Peninsula

Apex spoke the words of a rite known to few, and the taboo was picked up and echoed on the whispering wind. The great aspect of the wilds and the hunt listened for a response. She yearned for her song’s return from the dark obsidian door blocking her path. The symbol on the door flickered, but did not waver and did not change:  an eight pointed star.

It seemed the specific taboo rite Apex spoke did not open the door and reveal its secrets.

OOC: good try! You’re on the right track! @Toru Nui, @Sparticus147, @Burnmad

IC: The Rock Rahi | Kumu Peninsula

“A different colored juice, hm,” said the rock as Tekmo backed away. “Well, I remember a magical sauce that made me grow bigger and stronger. It was in the ruins further South of here. Would you like me to lead you there? It’s about a day’s roll from here, I think. I’m not very good with distances. The rolling makes it hard to remember. I am just a rock.”

OOC: I’m surprised you’re done with the tour. If you want to carry on you’re welcome to do so! @~Xemnas~, @Toru Nui, @Kal the Guardian

IC: Tuyet | Metru-Nui

She followed after Xaril keeping a close eye on his hands. She didn’t want to see Xaril’s hands moving for a weapon. However, she couldn’t help looking out at the scene spread before here: a dirty city lost to the ravages of war. 

“I bet they’ve piled them all up in the Coliseum as a monument or something,” Tuyet grumbled close to Exuze, trying to stay quiet. She wasn’t the best at being quiet. “Or, like, as spoils of war. I bet this Aurax chump will have something to offer.”

More loudly, so she knew Xaril heard over the clatter of other League soldiers and matoran who’d given up their faith passing by, Tuyet said; “Lead on. This is your dump now.”

OOC: Please provide a tour. :) @Nato the Traveler, @BULiK, @~Xemnas~

IC: Nektann, Tahtorak of Loss | The Wastes

Where was the carnage?

Where was the glory?

Why did the rain never cease?

Nektann wandered. 

Nothing made sense.

He tore up a hillside. 

It made no difference.

The rain washed it all back to the valley floor.

He planted trees.

He planted skakdi like trees. 

Neither grew.

The rain washed it all back to the valley floor.

He threw rocks at the silver mountain beyond the bay.

They fell short, cast down too soon by the rain that washed it all away.

The rain.

The rain never ceased.

OOC: @Burnmad, any orders?

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 4

Happy chat.

"I've been doing some thinking," she said, "And it's high time we put these mechs of ours to use." 

Lariska had been right, in her own twisted way. There was no sense in holding back and hoarding power. 

@~Xemnas~

• Like 1

"The locals say those Tahtorak things come out of the volcano when it erupts sometimes. I've seen firsthand the damage one can do without even trying," she said. "So let's cut the problem off at the knees and collapse the volcano. No more eruptions means no more monsters." 

@~Xemnas~

• Like 3

IC Stannis & Leklo | Kini-Koro

The deal the Wanderer and Alpinist struck was an easy one to forge, and an alliance was brokered between two warriors who ostensibly were waiting for the other to arrive at the right time. They both had a motive to find Korruhn: Leklo, the errant-toa, wanted his friend back and had a renewed sense of purpose in uncovering Kor's ultimate fate at any cost, and Stannis, the vagrant Aspect, wanted to exchange knowledge and wisdom with Korruhn and avert a temporal apocalypse in the process. Both of them wanted to find Korruhn and help him, and in turn choosing to help each other required absolutely no concessions, though they both wanted to prepare the other for the mission ahead. Each asked for something from the other, then. 

"Toa Stannis—"

"Call me a brother."

"Brother Stannis," Leklo restarted, testing the word on his tongue and quickly realizing he felt the term was an inadequate expression for what he thought of the man even Turaga Dume thought of as a folk hero of a sort, "if Korruhn went to the Far Shore when he turned to ink, then I'm inclined to think there must be some clues about his condition to be found there. We should go there, though the portal in the Kini-Nui, and start our hunt where we know he went." Behind his words was a spirit of enthusiasm Stannis quickly ascertained verged on recklessness. "I haven't bothered to enter the portal because I just considered it a separate puzzle to the one I'm currently working on, but if there's any connection at all, then... we should go in together."

Leklo paused and glanced at his Book of Lists that sat neatly on the bedside table, next to the iStone charging dock. He hadn't touched it in weeks, but he still mourned when he scribbled the latest entry to it, thus locking his focus at overcoming the task listed with a singularity that others would consider obsessive at worst and inflexible at best.

• Unknown Island foothill 2
  • 'Zakaz' ruin 1 'NUVA' ?
  • [r.u.] Korruhn?
  •  

Stannis nodded, seeing the potential value in checking the Far Shore out. "This Far Shore... is it a dangerous place?" he asked.

"Nuju seems to think so, which is why we may need each other there."

The old man thought a moment. He was not sure what to expect, and he doubted he could get straight answers from Nuju either; if the Far Shore was anything like what Korruhn described it as, it would take all of his wits to stay in control there and come back out. "I will go, Leklo. You will stay. Ah, ah, my mind's made up," Stannis asserted himself with a placating gesture. "If anything should happen to me while there you are the next-best equipped to go south and look for Korruhn. In the meantime, my airship is yours to safekeep. Be mindful of Knichou, he gets google eyes over anything that can rival his own bird, and no conscripting it to service under Vulimai, either. We will need it when I come back."

"Sending you in alone seems risky, it's not safe," Leklo murmured.

"It's not," Stannis admitted, realizing he was taking the responsibility of the journey all to himself and stymying Leklo's initiative, "but it is what is wisest. I am old, and I no longer cling to life, but you still have unbound potential. Realize that, and never stop improving yourself. When I come back, I expect you'll be a proper toa-savant."

"And if not?"

"Then I'll train you," Stannis said with a weak smile, "and we'll unlock your energies together. For now, though, I must away. My cloak needs mending." The wizard unceremoniously got up from the floor and soon enough was out the door, headed for the marketplace.

OOC Stannis open for interaction. @Nato the Traveler, now would be the time. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

Spotting Stannis passing by - without an entourage this time - Whisper decided to approach. "Are you free to speak now?"

@EmperorWhenua

__________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Xaril - The Coliseum

"No love for the city you once protected?" He sneered at Tuyet. "Well, let me show you what we've done with the place."

He gestured back towards the eye socket the ship had passed through en-route to the Coliseum, to the barnacle-like clusters of structures adhered to the inside of the Great Spirit's skull. "Back there is what we call the Fringe District. Once the city started sinking, we needed to relocate the populace." He pointed next to the lapping waves of murky water below, where the occasional tower rooftop was still visible jutting out of the mire. "Down there is what's left of the other Metrus. Mostly just fish living down there now."

Finally, he led the pair through the doors into the Coliseum proper. "And I'm sure you're familiar with the Coliseum, though there's been some... demolitions since you were last here." 

@Unreliable Narrator @BULiK

• Like 1

IC: Tekmo (Kumu Peninsula, Antidermis Caldera) - Oourgh

"Oourgh."

@Unreliable Narrator@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian

IC: Waveahk (Kumu Peninsula, Shrine of Shadows) - Access Denied

"Well, that’s a negative. Any other ideas?"

@Sparticus147@Burnmad

IC: Ostrox (Far Shore Rift, The Depot) - Ostrox’s Far Shore Adventure, Part 9

After the bright flash, there was little left of the Adaptive Armour. Or the wall that was behind it, taking with it some of the bodies preserved there. About half of Fera’s body was left. Ostrox’s sword, being made of protosteel, survived - but was heavily damaged.

"Oops. My apologies, you were just kind of in the way, not doing anything."

"You make it very hard for me to be happy that you’re alive, you know?" Fera said, hopping around on her one remaining foot, balancing with her one remaining arm. "I could’ve taken him, by the way."

"Of course." Up above, the glowing vines seemed the quiver uncomfortably, as if sensing that their master was no longer present.

"Guess my sibs weren’t really using those bodies anyway. Surprised they left any energy in that thing." She gestured to the pulse weapon. It was just an inactive hunk of metal, now. It only had the battery for one shot.

"Oh, I read the label. It’s powered by life-force. I am now on the verge of death."

"Seriously?"

"Of course not. The idiot Matoran left the batteries in because they’re idiots." He threw it to the ground with a heavy clunk.

"Or wanted it to be used against their oppressors."

"I like my version better. In either case-"

"Ostrox... just stop. I don’t know what happened to you to make you like this, but... is this really how you want to spend your life? You wanna know why I could manipulate your sword?"

"Because your powers are vague and ill-defined?"

"Well, yeah, actually. There’s no iron in protosteel, that’s true... but there’s iron in blood. Your sword is stained with it. As are..."

Ostrox felt his hands move involuntarily. He wasn’t sure if that was Fera’s doing or not, but he chose to believe it was just a reflex action. The idea that she could manipulate blood - that wasn’t even there anymore - was ridiculous. "Spare me your self-righteous moralizing, Toa. It might come as a surprise to you, but people tend to die in war."

"You don’t say. But something tells me it’s not just the blood of soldiers on those hands, is it?"

"This is hardly the time or place for this. I don’t have to justify my actions to you. Oh wait - I do. You’re a Toa, after all. Supreme arbitrators of all that is good and just in the universe. Pathetic."

"Do you really not understand that not every member of a species is the same? I’m not demanding answers from you. I’m asking for them. I want to help you, even if you’re making it difficult."

"I don’t need your 'help'. I’d cut you down where you hop if my sword wasn’t-"

"Yeah, gimme a sec." Fera’s remaining hand reached out - and Ostrox’s sword was repaired before his eyes, and then hovered over in front of him. "There. Happy now?"

Ostrox eyed it suspiciously, before snatching it out of the air. "Very well. I’ve slain my fair share of 'non-combatants', yes. But they lived prosperous lives built on the suffering of my ancestors, and did nothing to atone for it. In fact, they didn’t think they had done anything wrong at all! Every one I killed was a Farros just waiting to happen."

"So no mercy? Not even a little? They can’t all be irredeemable monsters, you know."

"My mercy ran out years ago, I’m afraid. Farros was right about one thing - it is a lie. A weakness.  I am evil, yes, there can be no denying that. But the lesser evil. The evil your kind created."

"But evil nonetheless."

"Clear-cut good versus bad only happens in Turaga’s tales. No matter the time or place, the weak suffer, while the strong prosper, regardless of right or wrong. Your kind has just been used to being on the prosperous side."

"So, the system remains, but just reversed? Before we Toa were widespread, the Matoran lived in fear of a world that saw fit to do with them as it pleased. Invasion. Slavery. Genocide. You think it was any different wherever you’re from?"

"That is how it should have been. That is how it will be, or else the entire universe will crack under the weight of the fat, bloated egos of weaklings who just won’t give up the power that THEY STOLE!"

"And suppose that was how it went? Would you have championed their rights? Or would you have lived a prosperous life, built on the suffering of their ancestors?"

Ostrox did not say anything to that. It did not deserve a response.

Fera sighed in defeat. "It’s like talking to him... I don’t know why I bothered. Maybe I saw something that wasn’t there in you. Is hatred and warfare really all there is?"

"It’s all that’s left. My home is gone. My king is gone. My country is gone. My family-" He stopped, realizing he had let too much slip. He sighed in victory. "I’ll likely die the horrible death I 'deserve' at your hands now. I can’t go back where I came from, I don’t think. You may as well get it over with."

"No. I have to believe that there’s hope you can change. That you can become stronger than this... even if it’s a lie. Because if there is hope for you, then there’s hope for everyone."

"Hope is the first step on the road-" Suddenly, the crack of thunder pierced his ears. The temperature grew and decreased at the same time. A howling wind filled the chamber, despite being indoors. "To disappointment."

"They’re coming." Fera said. "Probably should have had this chat elsewhere, now that I think about it."

"THAT WAS WHAT I TOLD YOU!"

"Oh shut up."

IC: NU-8020S (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Exterior) - Volunteer Program

"Yes, this Vahki unit is still volunteering for this mission." She wasn’t going to get to inform her squad of her prolonged absence, was she? Oh well. Kanohi could inform them for her.

@BULiK@Tarn

IC: Navu (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Armoury) - Learning New Words

"'Hoplophile'? I - OK."

Navu took Skyra to the ship’s armoury. "As you can see, it is... locked. We don’t want anyone sneaking in and taking anything. Not that anyone’s tried. I’ve been in there, lots of... lots of stuff. Yes."

@Snelly@BULiK

• Like 5

IC: Knichou, Kini-Nui Hillside, Outside the Taku

"Wonderful," Knichou said after the Vahki confirmed its directive. "Has the Toa of air broken anything yet?" He asked Nale.

IC: Exuze, Metru-Nui

The lesterin followed the titan and the toa through the streets (If they could truly be called that) of the elevated city roosting on Metru-Nui's corpse. If Exuze wasn't familiar with the city, he wouldn't have been able to pick out the ruins of Ta-Metru against the waves. He hadn't seen this place since the mad dash to escape the crumbling city, and while he had heard of it's sinking, seeing it up close was another thing entirely. On the bright side - he was no longer in an airship, although the Ta-Lesterin had a feeling that he'd need to go on one to leave.

That is, if this feisty Toa didn't provoke anything and cause Aurax to force them to stay.

It was refreshing to enter the coliseum - from indoors, the saddening state of the rest of the city was less apparent. It was almost normal. Almost.

Exuze wondered where exactly Xaril was taking them as the walk continued. Oh no, they were getting in a small elevator. Going higher. Ohnononononon. Exuze closed his eyes. Wait that made it worse. He opened his eyes, staring at the ever-increasing floor number as music hummed in the background.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

IC, Kohara: Far Shore

Kohara and the other Toa exited the long tunnel from the cavern. She hadn’t said too much, afraid that she would give away where she came from. They entered what appeared to be a large room, purposefully crafted, unlike the natural cavern they had just been in. On the other side of the room was another tunnel entrance. No sooner had the group stepped toward the other tunnel that a loud growl was heard. Out of nowhere a large Muaka appeared and knocked Jovan and Renga over. All manner of creatures began to appear, taking on the Toa one by one. Kohara pulled out her sword and was about to move to help the other Toa when she heard a familiar voice call out from behind her.

“And where do you think you’re going?”

Kohara whirled around, and her eyes widened at who she saw. “Axonn!” she exclaimed. “What-why are you here?” Axonn narrowed his eyes. “The question is, why are you here,” he asked. “You should be back home, not going on a silly errand run.” The Toa of Light shook her head. “What are you talking about?” she asked. “My job is to protect our people, that’s why I’m here.” Axonn shook his head. “No, your job is to do as the Order asks,” he said. He stepped toward her, pulling out his axe as he did. “And as far as we can remember, that means stopping the League. Are you shirking your responsibility?” Kohara gawked. “Of course not! I… this is part of my responsibility. As a Toa,” she declared. The titan heaved his axe at her. The Toa moved backwards expertly. “Your responsibility to the Order supersedes your Toa duties,” Axonn responded. “Your responsibility to Mata Nui supersedes those duties.” This time, Axonn launched a beam of energy from his axe at Kohara. She raised her shield, but was still knocked backwards by the force of the blast.

She stood up shakily. “Mata Nui is dead,” she said. “The League is in shambles. The people are all that’s left now. And to protect their existence, I’ll do whatever it takes. Even if that means traveling to some other world in search of a makoki stone.” She let out a war cry and charged the silver-and-red titan, her sword poised to stab. Axonn caught the blade in his axe and twisted it free of Kohara’s grip. He batted her to the side with the back of his hand.

“You’re weak,” sneered the titan. He picked her up in his massive hands. “You failed to stop the League. You bear some of the responsibility for the destruction of your home. Admit it.” Kohara grimaced. Tears began to stream down her face. “N…no,” she muttered. Axonn threw her against a wall. He strode over to her and lifted up her chin with the tip of his axe. “Admit it.”

“I… I failed…” Kohara admitted. Inside, she felt broken. Axonn had crushed her spirit and beaten her in combat, and it was looking like she would let her world down by failing to retrieve a makoki stone.

She struggled to move. Axonn lifted up his axe to strike the killing blow, when suddenly he froze. The titan groaned in pain. His arms began to move, turning the axe toward himself.

“NOOOOO!!!” the titan howled as he drove the axe into his own chest. Kohara locked eyes with him, and watched the light and life leave him. Axonn fell to the side, dead. Standing just behind where he had been was Raaku, the Toa of iron. Kohara looked at Axonn’s body just in time to watch it vanish. “An illusion,” Raaku said bluntly.

The other Toa Karo rushed over, having finished their battles. Hirato, the Toa of plantlife, knelt down beside Kohara and placed his hand on her. His Mask of Healing glowed, and her pain began to fade. She slowly got up.

“So… you’re not even here for the Mask of Life,” said Pomahu. “Figures.” Renga, the Toa of Water, approached her. “Is this true?” she asked. Kohara looked down and nodded sadly. “It is.”

It was Jovan’s turn to approach. “So, you lied about your purpose here. What else have you been keeping from us?” he asked. Kohara looked at him. “I…” she began. Then the floodgates opened; Kohara confessed everything to the other Toa, who she really was, where she had come from, her search for the makoki stones.

For a while, none of the Toa Karo said anything; they stood there in stunned silence. Finally, their Toa of stone, Utuki, spoke up. “Well, as far as we know, there aren’t any of these, uh, “makoki stones” here, but… would you still be willing to help us?” Pomahu whipped his head around. “Really? After finding out she’s a liar, you’re still willing to let her help us?” Jovan stepped in front of the irritated Toa of plasma. “Look, brother, I know she hasn’t been completely honest with us until now, but we could still use all the help we can get. Our job isn’t done yet.” Pomahu grumbled something, turning away from him. Jovan turned back to Kohara. “Well? Are you still going to help us?” he asked. Kohara looked at him for a moment, then slowly nodded. “Yes, I’ll help you,” she stated. Jovan let out a small smile, which quickly faded as he looked toward the tunnel that they needed to enter. Raaku piped up. “We’re almost there, I can feel it,” he said, pointing to his Kanohi Elda. Jovan’s face hardened. “Be on your guard then, everyone,” he said.

OOC: Part 2 of Kohara's Far Shore adventure. And before anyone complains, yes, I know that in canon the Zone of Nightmares was the first test of the 777 Stairs. But for the purposes of this story, I decided to have it be one of the last things encountered before reaching the Ignika.

Edited by ~Xemnas~
  • Like 1

IC: Irna | Kumu Landbridge

Rolling her eyes at this display, Irna slid her legs out from underneath Orm and moved to the back of the Muaka. Much as she enjoyed Skorm's company -- he was a charming man, after all, and one of the few people who could understand her origins -- the way that he could ... split himself into two was still disconcerting for her. Was either one truly Skorm, after all? Were both of them? Irna found herself hoping not -- Sko was too grim and humourless to be around, and Orm was what her mother would have called a cad. 

"Hopefully, that won't be necessary," she said, looking out the window, watching the horizon. "We will be within sight of Kumu soon enough, and out of range of any such radiation. Besides, if what you-- what Skorm said is true, then these Aspects we're hunting for have the same control over the shadows as you do. I don't think that radiation will do as any good on the other side of this bridge."

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata @TL01 NUVA

IC: Parnassus | Fort Nektann

"Indeed we are, warskak Krrenchk," Parnassus said, taking a moment to place the approaching warskak. They had hardly ever seen this particular man before, but names were generally easy enough to skim off the surface of a creatures thoughts -- and it made the Aspect appear more personable, anyway. It had been Detsu who had told them that -- "A man's favourite word to hear is his own name" -- although Parnassus assumed that that was true of anyone.

Still, this warskak was ... something else. They had seen many strange beings come through Fort Nektann, but few warskaks had ever worn masks, save perhaps for--

"Mind if I ask your business in seeing our friend, the high lord himself?" Parnassus added, their mouth twisting into a grin. This oddity of a Skakdi was already proving to be a lightener for the Aspect's spirits after their heated encounter with Drukarus. It had been a long time since they had gotten to speak with someone who did not already know the Aspect ... and know the Aspect too well for their liking....

Detsu noted the change in Parnassus' mood, but said nothing. He knew Krrenchk though -- and without needing to peer into his mind, thankyouverymuch. The elder warskak nodded to the approacher, in a way neither welcoming nor derogatory.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Kal the Guardian

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC, Whira: Kumu Peninsula

"... well, is there anything else around here that you think is interesting?" Whira asked the rock.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator looks like we're not done with the tour @Kal the Guardian @Toru Nui

IC, Atamai: Kini Koro

Atamai wasn't expecting Sidra's idea. If he could still feel surprised, he was sure that he would've in that moment.

He said nothing for a moment, pondering all his options. "Well, I do like the idea of stopping people from making more giant Rahi," he began. "But I wonder if there could be any unintended consequences if we were to try and destroy the volcano. It's not like it's a building or a structure, it's a part of the island, and I don't want to put people into unnecessary danger because of our actions."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 3

"What's the worst that can happen?" She retorted, "Specifically, what could possibly be worse than more 300-foot tall elemental monsters stomping around the island?"

@~Xemnas~

• Like 3

IC: Knichou & Taku Crew, Kini-Nui Hillside, Outside the Taku

"Great," Knichou told Nale. "Well, might be best to come up with a plan inside, let's get up to the bridge."

Knichou strolled up the ramp and into the airship. Inside, he saw Arnex finishing off a routine checklist of tasks. The commander promptly informed her of the crate of Kanoka sitting outside, and she went down the ramp to pick it up. Knichou turned around and strolled up the port side staircase to reach the upper deck, passing by the table to get to the bridge. The chamber was smaller than it was a month before, with lots of space previously open now used to expand the adjacent rooms, but it was still large enough to house many beings.

Berys was lazily sitting in the pilot's seat, listening to the radio. Very few parts of the dashboard were lit up to conserve power as the ship idled, but the radio was something that was almost always online.

"See if you can raise Triage for me. Tell him he's needed back at the ship and I want him to bring Okuo with him too," the commander ordered. Berys complied, giving out a broadcast over the encrypted frequency used by the Taku's handheld backup radios, one of which Knichou had lent the Doctor in case he was needed during his time stationed at Ko-Pou.

"Come in Triage, this is Taku, do you read? Over."

The commander, however, satisfied with his delegation, exited the bridge to take a seat at the communal table in between the crew quarters and his office. He procured an iStone from his adaptive armor's backpack, pulled up a map of Metru-Nui, and set it on the table for Nale and NU to observe.

"So... tell me everything you know about Aurax's Vahki hives," he ordered the Vahki.

Meanwhile, Arnex slowly climbed the staircase to reach the upper deck, her Onu-Matoran strength coming in handy with hauling the crate. Once finished, she carried the crate to the center of the ship, setting it down outside the armory, where she saw Navu with a new Toa.

"Hey Navu. Do you still have the armory key from earlier?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 5

"Okay," she nodded. "Let me know where and when works best for you, and I'll meet you there with my mech." 

@~Xemnas~

• Like 2

IC [Zataka - Irnakk’s Tooth, w. Yumiwak & Co.]

:They’re warskaks. Of course they speak of blood and shoot first.: the voice replied, answering both the thoughts intended for her - and those that were not. :Not dissimilar from how Mesi love ambushing and dragging their prey into the depths. Let’s skip the self-justifications for your respective tribal tendencies. They have no bearing on the matter at hand. Only your conscious choices will.:

Part of Zataka noted the strange feeling of being impartial in such a tense moment for once. Sure, she would stay true to her word and do her part if things went sideways, but she couldn’t help but wonder how much of the fighting back on their world had been just like this...pointless bloodshed.

:You’ve resigned yourself to what may well be your final stand? Our crossing paths are merely the result of ill timing. Impersonal. A chance encounter turned an obstacle that must be surmounted en route to loftier goals. No great victory to be had for anyone. No glory. Do you know who you face - beyond what you’ve already derived?:

Zataka did keep up the creepy intonation, mimicking the voice she herself had heard in her vision, but apart from that her tone was one of indifference. Aside from mild annoyance at the time this cost, the titan felt no particular malice towards this group. They were not enemies. Skakdi bravado aside, they probably weren’t even Yumiwak’s enemies. This fight would mean nothing in the bigger picture.

:I offer no bargains, Mesi. Whatever happens next, happens next. I am asking if you wish to die as a mere footnote in someone else’s story?:

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Tarn @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator @EmperorWhenua

Edited by Vezok's Friend
Small formatting fix. Because there's always something.
  • Like 3

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

6 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Tekmo (Kumu Peninsula, Antidermis Caldera) - Oourgh

"Oourgh."

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning and Mind Reading

Location - Kumu Peninsula

With - Whira, Tekmo, Rock Rahi

The Toa made a weird noise, which wasn’t entirely unexpected, just intriguing. He hadn’t spent too much time around Toa, so who knew what kind of noises they made when he wasn’t around. Cravious looked down at Tekmo without moving his head. The Toa was clutching his own head. Had the rock Rahi inflicted some kind of poison to him? Perhaps some other deadly effect, this was the Kumu Peninsula after all. That potentially would cost Cravious. Tekmo was of no use to him dead.

Yeah that was a lie. He would love to study a Toa’s body instead of yet another Skakdi. Maybe he would crack open the secrets of organic protodermis. Plus, he would get a free Heartlight out of it. Tekmo dying removed making money off of the Toa’s friends, but it still benefitted himself.

Cravious squinted his optics at the Toa, trying to discern how close to death he was. Or if he even was dying. “Toa, if you are dying, let me know, I’d like to get your Heartlight before it stops beating.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Toru Nui @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Krrenchk - Skakdi of Stone

Location - Fort Nektann

With - Drukarus, Parnassus, Detsu

"Indeed we are, warskak Krrenchk," Parnassus said, the Aspect surprisingly knowing his name. It was nice to be recognized among these brutes, especially when he always got stuck in a supporting role while raiding. “It’s essential work, Krrenchk,” one of other Skakdi would always say to him before they started the engine of their ACRs. Still, it didn’t mean he liked missing out on the good fights. Stupid supporting role. He only ever got the scrap fights after everyone else was done with the big players. He wished he hated the role, but unfortunately he understood the need. Stupid Rhotuka power of healing. He should have sprung for a laser rifle or a Cordak Blaster, but noooo, he just had to go for the one that didn’t require a battery pack or ammo.

"Mind if I ask your business in seeing our friend, the high lord himself?" Parnassus added, their mouth twisting into a grin.

Krrenchk clenched his fists, making his missing fingers noticeable, “My business is that I’m so bored. I want to go pillage. To raid. To actually do something. And maybe finally get those Kraata I’ve always wanted. Hey, maybe even find a nice new weapon.” Images of fancy new boots filled his mind. A pair for kicking, a pair for slicing, maybe even a pair for disintegrating. And of course they would all make him look ever more intimidating.

Detsu nodded to the approacher, in a way neither welcoming nor derogatory.

Krrenchk nodded back, too focused on the idea of new, powered boots for the nod to really mean anything.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Conway

• Like 3

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

19 hours ago, Nato the Traveler said:

Spotting Stannis passing by - without an entourage this time - Whisper decided to approach. "Are you free to speak now?"

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

The Wanderer nodded once. "The time... is right," he said simply. The place was yet to be ascertained, however he simply waved a hither gesture as he walked away and invited the other Aspect to go with him.

• Like 2

"Taja has gone off to search for the village in the swamps, by the way," she said, floating after Stannis, "So I'm afraid she won't be joining us. But I can relay messages telepathically if you'd still prefer for her to take part in the conversation."

@EmperorWhenua 

• Like 1

IC: Triage - Metru-Koro Ruins

"Come in Triage, this is Taku, do you read? Over."

Triage awkwardly turned away from the others and the conversation at hand to dig through his satchel for the radio, hearing the muffled but familiar voice of Berys from inside. He pulled it out and spoke into the receiver. "Triage here. Go ahead, Berys. Something happen?"

@BULiK@Onaku@Harvali

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Taku Crew, Kini-Nui, The Taku

Triage's radio crackled to life again.

"Commander wants you and partner to return to Taku."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

The old man said nothing. He almost asked Whisper if she couldn't simply pull Taja to them but thought better of it before he opened his mouth to speak. They walked in silence for several moments, with Stannis not opening the floor to speak and Whisper—determined to be the most courteous tentacle monster who ever floated—politely did not interject yet. The old man had promised an audience and made clear that he would deliver imminently, and so silence reigned for the time being.

Finally, once they were in a secluded area at the far western edge of the shire-like village, Stannis stopped. They were in a grove of trees, an offshoot of the neighboring rainforest, and were surrounded by all sorts of verdant life. Thick grasses lazily brushed his calves and vines gently choked the lower stumps of the trees, while the soft whispers of deciduous leaves murmured with the passing of a breeze overhead. The lake of the Kini-Nui lapped just off to the side, no more than three stone's throws away from them, adding to the peacefulness of the setting. With all the fastidiousness of a preparatory upperclassman the Wanderer tied his cloak around his shoulders with its sleeves like it was a sweatshirt, turning it into a sort of short cape that hung limply as a bundle at his back, and then he sat down on a nearby stump.

"So, you want to get this Codex of Absolution," Stannis said, letting the suspense build tenfold as Whisper's floating body warbled in place in rapt attention.

He sighed. "I do not know what that is. But what I know I will tell you. Ask me your questions, Whisper.

• Like 4

IC: Whisper - Kini-Nui Valley

"Forgemaster, Chronicler, and Grand Builder... those were the three titles the Administrator mentioned were cable of giving one of these Codexes..." she said. "Are you familiar with anyone still alive who goes by those names?" 

@EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

IC: Bronk (Ko-Pou)

It had been sometime since the League airship had entered the Relic Fields and subsequently left, as well as since their transmission of theirs was receive. Guards can only stand at attention for so long, till either something happens or boredom overtakes them. Thankfully, Bronk knew this, and after a good thirty minutes of nothing occurring, he put the troops at ease and sent them back to their usual duties.

Working on double-checking the garrison's inventory, making sure that the extra supplies that were taken had been properly returned and checked in, the sound of the portal being activated the commotion of half-dozen Matoran drew him to the portal where Iradra and Vashni appeared.

"I was informed my presence was urgently requested."

Stepping forwards, holding the checklist he had under one arm, he spoke up to the Toa of Light, "I would say ya is late. But we ain't got nothin' for ya tuh even do in thuh first place. Seems like whoever commanded that League ship had other ideas than comin' tuh us."

OOC: @Onaku @Snelly

IC: Kini-Koro Guards (Kini-Koro)

Two guards sat outside of the gates of Kini-Koro. On most days, they would be bored out of their minds, but having a fairly good view of the rest of the valley, they had a front row seat to all of the shenanigans that had been going on as of that morning. An airship landing, a whole bunch of gathering and talking, more than one odd individual showing up, and least of all, Skyra's disturbance of the peace. But the highlight of the day, probably was when the golden-lightemanating, long-arm swinging, pearlescent mask-wearing, backpack carrying, near Toa-like, and awfully articulate-sounding figure approached them and spoke.

May you kindly direct me to where I might find your leader, or perhaps the leader of Kini-Koro instead? I wish to inform them of the full weight of the Infected masks I hear some among you are wearing. Along with the true nature behind Aspects.

Looking between each other, the Ta-Matoran on the left looked over towards his Ba-Matoran buddy on the right, as they both looked back up towards Sorilax, infected masks on both of their faces.

"Um...I'm not quite sure where the Commander is right now, as she really isn't in one place for long." The Ba-Matoran said. "Yeah, she's usually all over the place, always working you know?" The Ta-Matoran said.

"I mean, you gotta give her credit though where credit is due. She seems like she never even sleeps or eats with the rate she's going." "Well, I've actually heard rumors that she doesn't eat or sleep. That's she's not even a Matoran, but rather some machine built by The Order of Mata-Nui, OoooOooo."

"Man, you know that's just a urban legend. There is no such thing as an Order of Mata-Nui. It's just a story that non-Metrutoran's like to tell to scare us city-folk." "But it's true, I even heard some of the other guards mention them, like the soldier ones, the ones that apparently fought in the war!"

"And what? You're going to believe some shell-shocked, cross-wired, mad lads? I'm telling you, there ain't no Order." "Careful man, Commander Vulimai is one of those 'mad lads'. If she caught you saying that, she'd have you run around the entire lake till you dug a trench with your feet."

"Man, you're crazy. Here, let me explain why you are wrong. First off-"

Quickly, the two Matoran forgot about Sorilax, quickly getting into a mildly heated argument over this Order of Mata-Nui business that Sorilax couldn't put heads or tails on.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Sparticus147
Added Kini-Koro Guards
  • Like 2

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

He touched his chin in consideration and seemed lost in thought for a moment as he pondered Whisper's question. He sought to remember the ancient tomes he'd read, the old manuscripts written back in the Time Before Time and the Time That Time Forgot, and the etchings inscribed on the surfaces of temples and shrines all across the island, and of the bits and pieces of lore he'd found and entombed in his mind. "Alive? No. Dume was a Forgemaster—he still held trappings that indicated as much—but he has been made dust. Neither the Chroniclers Takua or Icarax have been seen or heard of in eons. I cannot think of anyone who would fit the mold of a Grand Builder, and the ancient texts did not point towards any one Builder holding that title. It is possible, I suppose, to find these beings from other timelines, such as what Atamai did with the warlord Axonn... and what Tuyet has been doing in all her traverses... but that is a risky endeavor."

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

"Dead and gone... figures," she muttered, one of her tendrils swatting at a fluttering branch in frustration. Her anger was directed less at Stannis for not knowing the answers, and more at the Administrator for - despite seeming to possess some degree of sapience - clinging to outdated, eons-old programming.

"What of this Mi-Kiri... what the locals call the Aqua Sphere?" She asked. "Do you know anything of it?" 

@EmperorWhenua  

8 minutes ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

IC, Atamai: Kini-Koro

"Very well," she said, nodding. "I'll see you there."

@~Xemnas~

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 1

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

"Only that it's been here for a long while and holds answers and instruments not found on this plane. The old legends speak of it only vaguely, but it could be as much of an Ark as the one I sojourned on with the other Builders for untold millennia. I've never been there but I have a feeling I will have to be eventually. Many paths seem to lead there."

He seemed to consider his next words again carefully, knowing that the last time he spoke with any authority on what he was about to broach in Whisper's presence it was nearly damning, if still true. "You said you are searching for answers to understand what Aspects are and what you are. In this matter... I can provide wisdom."

• Like 2