Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Whisper - Kini-Koro

"I remember your wisdom, and it wasn't the most flattering," a bitter tone crept into Whisper's voice. "I'm searching for a more... impartial, objective source."

@EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

"I only speak truth, Whisper, but truth—much like mathematical statistics—can be skewed towards or against a certain audience. I find myself compelled to share you truth from a different angle than what I illustrated in Ko-Koro."

• Like 2

He really did love to draw things out. "Well, I'm listening."

@EmperorWhenua

• Like 3

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

The Wanderer sighed; Whisper was a terrible conversationalist. He would have to wax directly. "What do you think you are, Whisper? You have a Grand Wish that stirs in your sense of self like a snake in a sack, writhing inside with a primal sense of urgency. Why do you think that is?" he posed. "You are not the only one to desire a break away from the Cycles of life and make things different in the spirit of nihilism, there are many Builders who harbor similar thoughts. Vulimai, I think, is just one other such example. The point is there are many others with the same deep desire, and you... are the answer to those desires. 

"I do not speak flattering things about any Aspect of Makuta. Yes, I did know what Mata-Nui is. He, of course, dwells on a deep longing for Faith in something greater than the self. The Builders love that sort of malarkey and were enamored with the idea of worshipping a god. As I said before, all gods are born and all gods die... only some don't stay dead so long as people believe in them. Strange, how Mata-Nui only seemed to gain power the more people died in his name..."

• Like 4

Around and around in circles, hinting at solutions without offering answers. It was exhausting, after spending so much time pursuing answers, to ask a question and be given with yet another puzzle to solve in return. 

"So you're saying... the Builders wanted a god, wished for one, and they got Mata Nui," she replied. "His Grand Wish wasn't his own... it was a fulfillment of theirs?" 

@EmperorWhenua

• Like 2

IC: Apex (Kumu-Peninsula, Shrine of Shadow)

Apex waited, and waited, and waited...Yet nothing happened, not even a feeling. Although Apex was glad that she didn't have to offer away the Taboo she had claimed, fury still raced through her as she let out a furious roar of frustration. Turning back towards Waveahk as he spoke, a glower still upon her face, she simply responded with a slight edge.

"I'm...Not sure. These shrines hunger for the knowledge of my kin, the Taboos that we show fiercely and desperately crave. Yet, the Taboo I sought to offer, failed. My only other idea is...That the sigil upon this door is the Taboo that I must offer."

OOC: @Toru Nui @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Drukarus (Fort Nektann)

Krrenchk. Drukarus recognized the Po-Skakdi, for they proved to be an intriguing foe during Drukarus' duels he conducted amongst the warriors. They fought unlike other Skakdi, while most would swing furiously with axe, blade, or club, this one fought with an once of intelligence and skill, their fighting style being reminiscent of the few martial arts that pervaded his old Zakaz. That implied skill, and their breed quirk made them far more deadly with such arts than a traditional Skakdi. But they still had their flaws. They were obviously inflexible, relying on their martial arts over all else. They also were fierce, near recklessly so, but no where near as bad as others. They had potential, but would need more training.

Drukarus pondered this and more, as Krrenchk and Parnassus made pleasantries. My business is that I’m so bored. I want to go pillage. To raid. To actually do something. And maybe finally get those Kraata I’ve always wanted. Hey, maybe even find a nice new weapon.

Admittedly, Barius had indeed been passive in his rule, a passivity that displeased the former warlord. Though Drukarus did not yet wish for the Warskak to go on the march, he did realize how idleness can unease a warriors mind and dull their mind.

Letting out a brief grunt to catch the Po-Skakdi's attention, Drukarus spoke in his impassioned tones, assurance behind his words, "At ease Krrenchk. Soon the idleness of the Warskak will come to an end...I go now to speak with Barius himself upon this matter."

OOC: @Conway @Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

In a sense, yes. The line becomes blurred somewhat, but Mata-Nui’s existence was a direct response to the Builder’s subconscious desires, and a small and otherwise innocuous wish for some deity to place faith in created a spirit with a craving to be worshipped so great that it spelled a certain doom for the Builders. Sometimes I think Destiny almost has a sense of humor.

Edited by EmperorWhenua
adding color
  • Like 2

"So... what? Are all Aspects borne of the desires of others? I'm just... someone's wayward wish made manifest?" 

@EmperorWhenua

• Like 2

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Kini-Nui

Sorilax happily sat and listened to the guards for some time, taking notes whenever he heard a name or phrase he didn’t recognize. The Ark had been a marvelous place, full of things that far exceeded what was common knowledge for him.

After a while, though, he got to wondering if perhaps these Matoran were stalling so as to not answer him. Perhaps orders given from the same one who Infected their masks. He stood pondering this for a few minutes as they continued to bicker in front of him.

Eventually, he made up his mind. Either by accident or design, these two weren’t going to be answering him anytime soon. He silently walked away, Ice longbow trailing a soft snowfall of frost that glittered in the light of day and was quickly melted away, becoming dew for the grass.

As he strode for the village itself, he spotted Sidra on its edge some ways away. Should he go with her right now to Le-Metru Nuva? Hummm… No, he needed to inform the village leader of his knowledge.

When he himself reached the village’s edge, he looked about, hardlight hand stroking his- well actually his chin was covered now. Instead of his own chine, the hand stroked the chin of his mask. That was odd. A change that hadn’t ever taken place for thousands of years. He would have to get used to that.

Nevertheless, he looked about, trying to spot someone important looking. His optics observed the flow of Life around him. The subtle nuances of how beings positioned themselves when working, walking, or interacting. He hadn’t studied Matoran and their social patterns, but he knew the general gist of the signs of a being full of leadership, or perhaps put in another light, an alpha.

So he scanned the village, looking for someone whose bearing yelled out “I am the one in charge”.

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

Your Wish is chaotic and nefarious, is it not? What you did to Taja, desecrating her heartlight in an experiment without her full awareness of the risks, fits that description, indeed. You, like all Aspects, strive to satisfy an onerous itch people possess. Aspects feed off of the Builder’s deepest and darkest emotions and desires.” 

He gestured widely, first at Kini-Koro, then to the barely visible crest of the monolithic Arc-head in the distant horizon, barely peeking over the mountaintops from the temple valley. “The people of this world are Builders and have such immense power to create... but if you look into their hearts you’ll see they also have the power to destroy—wars that sundered realms, feuds that shattered familial bonds, and innocent wants that spiraled into chaotic bargains are habits that flow in their veins just as Antidermis pumps through your host body.

Edited by EmperorWhenua
adding color
  • Like 4

"The Ark coming here... it's just another of your cycles," she muttered, embittered by the realisation. "New Builders, new wishes... but nothing's changed." 

She'd thought the skull falling from the sky was a herald of change. New peoples coming to the island, new opportunities and possibilities. But it was nothing more than new faces filling old shoes, just as the taboos that she and other Aspects had found weren't new power, just the rediscovery of old knowledge lost to time. 

@EmperorWhenua

• Like 2

IC: Krrenchk - Skakdi of Stone

Location - Fort Nektann

With - Drukarus, Parnassus, Detsu

The eldest let out a brief grunt, catching the Po-Skakdi's attention from the Aspect and Detsu. Drukarus spoke in his impassioned tones, assurance behind his words, "At ease Krrenchk. Soon the idleness of the Warskak will come to an end...I go now to speak with Barius himself upon this matter."

Krrenchk looked satisfied behind his mask, boots clanking on the stone floors as they walked towards Barius, “Ya don’t say? Well good. It’s about time. Plus, you lot have much more of a chance than me at persuading the new boss. Good luck to ya.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Conway

• Like 1

OOC: finally a post

IC Kanohi - Kini-Koro

Kanohi let out a sigh, “Yes, we shouldn’t necessarily jump to extremes. And if we did destroy the ruin, would the temple’s light then leak into the world? I am not sure how much you know of when the NUVA door of the Stone Ruins activated, but the two Toa hit with it were changed. Not just in power, but their personalities. Atamai seems … not colder, but more detached. More stubborn too. And Arkius, I did not speak to him before he left for the Earth Ruins, but from those that did he seemed more volatile and quick to … anger.

Kanohi’s optics widened, “the Earth Ruins. Toa Arkius, Kat, Jutori, as well as Kilo went to activate its NUVA door a month ago. If they solve the puzzles, then a new portal will open in Kini-Koro, one unguarded and unwatched. We … we might need to prepare for that.

OOC: @Sparticus147 figured he could realize this.

IC Kardaka - the Ruins of Metru-Koro

Kardaka flinched at the Toa’s suggestion, she could not … people should not make her food, she should help others, serve others, not take advantage of them for herself. She began to speak up, before swaying. Planting her Badge of Office she steadied herself, she … she had not realized how empty her internal batteries were.

I … suppose I have been walking almost nonstop for a few days,” she sighed, “and I have no eaten much in that time. And if I starve to death, I cannot perform my penance. If. … if you have spare good, I will take what remains can be spared. But if there is anything I can do to make up for it, any equipment you need repaired, my Kiril can mend anything short of Protosteel. I … I will not take advantage.” Not even of a Toa.

OOC: @Onaku @Tarn 

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Koro)

“The Earth Ruins. Toa Arkius, Kat, Jutori, as well as Kilo went to activate its NUVA door a month ago. If they solve the puzzles, then a new portal will open in Kini-Koro, one unguarded and unwatched. We … we might need to prepare for that.”

'Karz' Vulimai lightly said beneath her breath before turning away and activating her armor's radio, contacting the Ice Ruins outpost. "Quartermaster Bronk, inform any volunteers amongst the guards who are soon to be off-duty to meet me by the base of the valley watchtower. If there aren't any volunteers, then make some volunteers. I need at least a dozen Matoran for this."

Turning back towards Kanohi, she addressed the Fe-Matoran directly. "Thank you Councilor Kanohi. Though we cannot be certain when, or if, they will manage to open the portal, but any potential threats need to be addressed before they become actual threats. But unfortunately now, it seems I'll have to speak with Aspect Whisper another time. You may find them if you wish, but I have duties to attend too. Thank you councilor for your time and input."

And with that, Vulimai began to hoof it, missing the tall, golden glowing being that stood out amongst the crowd like a sore thumb entirely, and headed towards the valley watchtower.

OOC: @Harvali @Kal the Guardian

IC: Iradra - Kini-Koro

"In that case, we can focus on the issue present here already. Could you lead us to the afflicted matoran being tended to at this outpost?" 

@Sparticus147@Snelly

IC: Okuo - Metru-Koro

"Hey now, don't think of it as taking advantage. I'm the one who offered. Though if you do want to help, I wouldn't mind another pair of eyes searching around here, but don't feel like you're obligated to do it. You're still welcome to supper either way." Okuo gave the Turaga a kind smile, before perking up as he heard Triage talking over his radio. Turning to the medic, he gently stepped up next to him with a curious expression, looking at the radio and then at Triage. "What's up?"

@Harvali@Tarn

• Like 2

IC: Waveahk (Kumu Peninsula, Shrine of Shadows) - Cultural Taboo

"Some sort of security measure, it seems. I suppose we must go on a merry adventure just to find the right sort of black magic? I... wait. The idiot and his minstrel disappeared when they did something to this door. They must have the Taboo. And they are now - presumably - on the opposite side of the door." Waveahk groaned in frustration. "What more do you know of these 'Taboos'?"

@Sparticus147

IC: Ostrox (Far Shore Rift, The Depot, The Armoury) - Ostrox’s Far Shore Adventure, Part 10

The two of them dashed into the Armoury and shut the door. Well, Ostrox dashed. Fera hopped inside, lacking the left side of her body.

"There must be something in here that can hold them off..." She looked around the dark, blue-tinted room.

"Here’s the Kanoka." Ostrox said, gesturing towards a stack of Levitation Disks. "I piled them together before coming to save you."

"Was that why you took forever to intervene in the fight that I was already gonna win?"

"He had proven more than capable of taking us both on at once and no. I just waited until it was dramatically appropriate."

"It’s a shame you’re a horrible person, we would get along really well if - oh, hang on." Fera raised her arm. Suddenly, every metallic object in sight that didn’t look explosive, dangerous, or was a Kanoka converged upon the door, twisting and contorting to block it from the horrors outside. "That should hold them for a few minutes."

"So, this is how it ends. Far, far away from everything I care about, further than I ever thought possible. I..." He paused for a moment. "No. I was wrong. I wouldn’t do it all again. Not if it was for... for nothing. The place I came from is doomed, as is this place."

"Don’t talk like that-"

"Those people aboard the Haven needed me and I’m not... strong enough… never... strong enough..."

For the first time in a long, long time, Ostrox didn’t feel a mere drop of regret. He felt an entire ocean of it. What purpose had his cruelty served, if it had achieved nothing, save his own gratification? He had enjoyed inflicting pain on his enemy, but it was a hollow joy. More of an alleviation of rage, than any true happiness. He hadn’t really been happy in so long... and now, he never would be.

He wasn’t strong. He hadn’t made the lives of his people more prosperous. He hadn’t defied Destiny. He hadn’t stopped Mazor. He hadn’t destroyed Metru-Koro. He hadn’t deposed the usurper Aurax. He hadn’t found anything in the Far Shore that could stop Mata Nui, let alone a way of getting out of it. He couldn’t stop himself from becoming... this. A pitiful, twisted shell of a man. Without...

"Vyran... Sorboros..."

He fell to his knees, silently begging forgiveness from those long buried. For his weakness. For his actions. For his betrayal. He would join them soon. Very soon.

No. He wasn’t going back without one last fight. He picked himself up from the floor. He’d get these Kanoka back to the Haven or die trying. Perhaps his actions were in vain. Fighting against an enemy that he barely understood let alone stood a chance against, an enemy beyond the realms of nature and science. But he would fight on regardless.

He had done so many things he once thought he would never do. Tortures, cruelties, and massacres that seemed so right, so justified at the time. The League was right. Nothing would ever change that. The Toa were wrong, and they deserved so much worse than he could ever bring them. But being the lesser evil was still evil. No longer. He was better than them. And he would prove it. If he survived.

All that was meaningless if he did not succeed here and now. Elemental monstrosities were pounding on Fera’s makeshift barrier. She was giving all she had to stop it from collapsing. They needed a way out of here. Ostrox began looking around for something. If Farros had set a trap using one, then surely there were more? Unless...

"Fera... do you think you might put some of that Adaptive Armour in that barricade you made?"

"Hold on, let me check..." She outstretched her palm towards the metal monstrosity. "Uh, yes, yes I did. I don’t think I can get at it without destabilizing the entire thing and letting them inside."

"I see. Did you know you’re an idiot?"

"Everyone knows that. We need a distraction of some kind - I’ve been told my singing is really bad..."

Ostrox rolled his eyes - his attention diverted to the ceiling. Sure enough, the glowing vines were here as well, providing the blue tint to an otherwise dark room. The vines were living things. Living things could be confused. He charged up his Rhotuka, and shot it at the ceiling.

"Oh, so that’s what that does-"

The effect was almost immediate. The luminescence of the vines became unbalanced and erratic. They no longer instinctively knew where to divert the energy. In some spots, the glow became almost blinding... followed by a sudden blue-coloured explosion.

Ostrox and Fera took cover, as similar explosions began being heard all around them. The constant banging on the barricade stopped, as the things outside no doubt became confused themselves by what was happening. Suddenly, five sets of the Armour began emerging from the barricade, pulled forth by Fera. They fell onto the floor. She and Ostrox quickly grabbed one each.

"Thank you, Zaliyah."

"Who?"

"Never mind. Just get ready to-" And then, the strangest thing happened. The Far Shore Rift appeared, right in front of him.

"What the-"

"Oh, NOW you show up!" Ostrox turned to Fera.

"Listen, this is my ride, of sorts. Take the Armour and get out of here!"

"You’re... you're sure?"

Another explosion took out a chunk of the roof nearby. "Get out, you idiot. Take the Kanoka! Leave this cesspool!"

Despite everything, Fera clearly did not want to leave him behind, but acquiesced anyway. "Alright. It’s been... an experience." She absorbed the Adaptive Armour into herself, regenerated the missing half of her body, grew jet boosters, and flew off through the hole.

As blue explosions began to consume everything else, Ostrox dived through the Rift. He thought he heard something howl in fury as he did, drowning out the sound of explosions. He smiled.

For the first time in a long while, his eyes smiled with him.

@Unreliable Narrator

OOC: End of Ostrox’s Far Shore Adventure.

IC: NU-8020S (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Communal Table) - The Hornet's Nest

"Just because Aurax has them under his control does not make them 'his'. While it is unlikely that infrastructure still exists to continue production of units, Vahki will still periodically recharge at the Hives. The exterior and interior will likely remain guarded at all times. Any changes Aurax has made to Vahki operating procedures is unknown, as we left transmitting distance of the Hives before Pridak’s assassination. More information will become available once this unit is within transmitting distance."

@BULiK@Tarn

IC: Navu (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Armoury) - Not to Be Confused With the One Ostrox Was Just In

"Huh? Oh no, I put it back in the drawer. Do you want me to go get it again?"

@BULiK@Snelly

• Like 2

IC Kanohi - Kini-Koro

Kanohi nodded, if Vulimai thought this was serious, then this concern were real. “I should return to Tobduk-Koro and prepare as well. I … do not think I should wait to find Councilor NU, but I believe I know a way to send her a message. Or two, she will need to know the plan. Thank you for your wisdom.” He folded up his staff, reducing it to its Kanoka shaped form, before stowing it away.

With that the cross-wired Fe-Matoran bowed and aimed his wrist, before firing his Volo Lutu Launcher at a tree. The ball of gravity hooked the towering plant, before wrenching him from the ground and hurtling him through the air. As he whipped past the tree he hooked a hut with his other launcher, grappling with as much speed as he dared.

It had not occurred to him just how large and spread out the village of Kini-Koro was, how much it dwarfed Tobduk-Koro both in population and size. It was clearly made up of the bulk of the refugees, and it was lucky a noble leader like Vulimai was there to protect them. 

OOC: @Sparticus147

Kardaka nodded, but traced the words carved into her armor. She should not forget that everything her people had came on the backs of the island and their slaves.

• Like 2

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Rahkshi of Power Scream vs Korruhn | Kumu Peninsula

They collided. Gravity tore through the battlefield, turning and twisting the space as everything in range bent towards Korruhn's focused elemental energy. The punch, made heavier with gravity, landed solidly into the rahkshi's torso and forged a dent big enough to disrupt the monster's movement. He released the blossoming gravity well, letting the energy that generated in his run forwards return into a natural state with a chaotic explosion of force. The rahkshi's armor twisted and splintered, an arm covering it's broken helmet fragmenting into long silver wires of metal. 

But it wasn't enough. They locked eyes for a moment: a toa and a rahkshi refusing to back down. The rahkshi slammed it's good arm into Korruhn's gut, doubling him over.

Korruhn found himself thrown end over end, rolling to a stop on the basalt ground. He didn't hear a scream, but the kraata inside the rahkshi wailed silently and placed Korruhn's entire being on edge. The ringing and crackle of background noise in his audio receptors grew stronger, until all he could make out was the heavy beating of his own heartlight. 

The rahkshi bore down on Korruhn, a barbed and twisted spear appearing in its good hand. It stood over Korruhn, triumphant in its imminent success, and then it screamed a piercing, wailing scream so loud it echoed like rolling thunder across the entirety of the Time Between Time. Korruhn fainted from the blast of power, and the stone beneath him crumbled to dust until he rested in a pile of black sand. 

"Korruhn, no!!" Shouted Grime, rushing forward despite the command to hide by his master. He fell on his knees next to the toa. "No, no, no you can't die. I need you. Get up, come on get up."

In his hands was a glowing seed, it's bright light a beacon in this dark place. He placed it against Korruhn, hoping the seed of the withered tree would restore some sense of life to his companion.

The rahkshi stared at Grime crying over the fainted toa. It took a step back from the bright light and turned as if to go, then whirled around and threw the spear straight through Grime, skewering him into the ground. Grime coughed, silver blood trickling from his mouth. His eyes never closed and his hand stayed on Korruhn's shoulder. 

The rahkshi wailed and rushed forwards to finish the job. It would tear them into pieces...

Ooc: @Crimson Jester

• Like 4

Happy chat.

Kohara walked in the back of the group, talking quietly with Vorika. The Toa of lightning filled her in on the Toa Karo’s mission: Matoran throughout the universe were fighting, and it was putting Mata Nui’s health in jeopardy. The Toa Karo had journeyed to the Southern Continent to retrieve the Kanohi Ignika, the Mask of Life, in order to bring it to a place called Karda Nui so that the Great Spirit’s life would be saved.

Kohara felt a little awkward about it. Her faith had been shaken by the war brought by the League of Six Kingdoms. And Mata Nui was dead in her world. Was it worth saving this world’s Great Spirit? Maybe this Mata Nui is a better leader than the one back home, she thought.

Up ahead, Kohara and the other Toa could see the tunnel opening into a large space. They entered, and found a cavern so large that a Kanohi dragon could fit inside of it with room to spare. In the center was a large tower with a pedestal on top. And on it…

“The Ignika! There it is!” shouted Jovan. Although it looked like a golden speck from where she was standing, Kohara could barely make out the outline of a Kanohi at the top of the tower. “Alright, then, who should grab the mask?” Before anyone had the chance to respond, an extremely loud roar came from one corner of the cavern. The Toa all turned, weapons ready. Out of the shadows stepped an extraordinarily large Rahi, its footsteps shaking the cavern. It had long arms, and a face so ugly that even its mother wouldn’t be able to love it.

“A Mana Ko,” growled Pomahu. “A really big one. This isn’t good, guys.” The Mana Ko roared, and its eyes began to glow. A fierce wind began to blow in the cavern. It quickly grew stronger. The Toa were barely able to stand. “Give it everything you’ve got!” shouted Jovan over the growing storm. At once, the Toa all began to volley bursts of elemental energy at the beast. The blasts all connected, but once they landed, they dissipated into the creature. The Mana Ko was unfazed. With a roar, the Rahi began to advance toward the group. The wind grew even stronger still. It took all of their strength for the Toa to stay standing.

“Now what?” asked Maiko, the Toa of sonics. Just then, Utuki activated his Kanohi Kakama, and rushed up the steps of the tower, reaching the Ignika’s pedestal. Hesitating for just a moment, he grabbed the mask and used his speed to rush back down to the group. “We don’t need to fight the thing, we just need to get out of here with the mask!” he shouted.

The Mana Ko paused, seeing the Toa holding the golden mask. With a low rumble, the massive Rahi looked toward where the tunnel where the Toa had come from. It opened its mouth, and fired a blast of energy. The blast hit the top of the tunnel, and rocks broke loose and collapsed in front of the exit. The Toa were trapped!

“You were saying?” asked Pomahu. The wind suddenly stopped. The Mana Ko opened its mouth and began to inhale. The Toa began to be dragged toward the beast. Utuki quickly threw up a wall of stone in front of the group. “What do we do now?” asked Kohara. “I have an idea!” shouted Renga. “We need to form kaitas!” Kohara’s eyes widened. “I’ve never done that before!” Jovan grabbed her by the shoulders. “Do you trust us?” he asked. Kohara nodded with a surprised look on her face. “Just concentrate on becoming one! We’ve all done it before, so it shouldn’t be too hard! Vorika, Pomahu, Hirato, you three form one kaita! Renga, Raaku, Maiko, you’ll form another. Utuki, you’ll be with me and Kohara.” The Toa all stared at him, before turning inwardly in their own small groups. The Mana Ko opened its mouth to use its energy blast to destroy the stone wall shielding the Toa from it. The energy emerged from its mouth, and connected with the wall…

A flash of light temporarily blinded the enormous Rahi. When the light faded, standing in front of it were two equally massive beings. “We are Anahera,” said one being. “We are Tangaroa,” declared the other. Kohara, Jovan, and Utuki were still separated. The Mana Ko roared in challenge; the gale-force wind picked up again, flinging the three Toa against the wall. The two kaita were unfazed, and instead charged at the creature. As the kaita exchanged blows with the Rahi, Utuki threw up another stone wall to shield them from the wind. Jovan turned his head to look at Kohara. “What’s wrong?!” he asked. “I don’t know!” she replied. “Is it about earlier?” asked Utuki. “Look, I know we got off on the wrong foot, but right now we need to face this thing. Please, just trust us. We’ve let you come with us, so now we need you to help us.” He looked at the Toa of Light with pleading eyes.

“I… how can you trust me, after I’ve lied to you?” she asked. Jovan put a hand on her shoulder. “Because that’s what Toa do: they trust each other,” he said. “I know you lied to us earlier, but I know that you can do this.” Kohara looked down at her feet, then looked at the other two Toa. “…Okay. Let’s do it.”

The two kaita, meanwhile, found that, although their elemental powers were now amplified, they still did nothing to the Mana Ko. The Rahi, however, was more than capable of handling the two fusions. For every punch each kaita swung at the Rahi, two would hit them in return. The kaita attempted to push the Mana Ko into the wall, but the Mana Ko grappled with them and pushed back.

An explosion and another flash of light distracted it briefly; another fusion stood where a second ago three Toa were hiding behind a stone wall. “We are Hapurangi,” the being declared. The Mana Ko roared; the wind became as strong as a hurricane. The three kaita slowly advanced toward the beast; Hapurangi activated their mask and suddenly dashed at the Rahi, colliding with it shoulder first. The Rahi, temporarily stunned, found itself pinned to a wall. The other two kaita walked up to it and grabbed its arms. Hapurangi began to slam the Mana Ko’s head into the wall. Growling, the Mana Ko opened its mouth, and in one last act of desperation, prepared to fire a blast of energy at the kaita’s face.

Wait…

Wait…

NOW

Hapurangi quickly grabbed the Rahi’s lower jaw and closed its mouth as the energy was ready to fire. The Mana Ko’s head exploded, sending blood and bits of gore flying all over the cavern. The wind stopped. The kaita allowed the beast’s body to fall lifelessly to the floor.

The three kaita took a moment to catch their breath, then they all closed their eyes and relaxed. Soon, nine Toa were standing in their place. Jovan let out a small smile. “We did it,” he said softly. “Are we ready to head to Karda Nui?” he asked. None of the other Toa answered, but Kohara gave him a nod. “Alrighty then- since we Vorika can’t user her Olmak here for some reason, we’ll have to head outside, and then she can make a portal to take us there.”

Kohara followed the Toa Karo back up the 777 Steps. On the way, they passed by the traps that had been disabled, and the enemies that had been beaten. There was one being, a titan with wheeled feet, who said nothing as they passed by him.  Once they reached the exit, Kohara took a breath of fresh air. It was different than the air she had initially smelled before her mask filtered it. She was glad to be out above ground.

Jovan nodded to Vorika. “Care to do the honors?” he said. Vorika’s mask glowed as she activated it. A portal opened in front of the group- on the other side was a windy, dirty-covered area. One by one, the Toa filed through it. Kohara passed through it, and looked around. They were in a large cavern. The blowing wind chilled Kohara to the bone; it was different from the hot wind that the Mana Ko had created. In the distance she could see a metal spherical structure. “Do we need to go there?” she asked, pointing at it. “Nope, apparently the mask just needs to be used here,” responded Jovan.

The Toa all looked at each other. “So, uh, who should use the mask?” asked Raaku. The all turned and looked at the one who was currently holding it- Utuki. He wasn’t making eye contact with anyone.

“I… I’ll do it,” he said softly. “But… the mask is showing me what will happen when I use it.” “What are you talking about?” asked Pomahu. “…My life force will be used as energy for the Great Spirit. I will die,” Utuki stated.

They all stood there in stunned silence. “There has to be another way!” Hirato said, tears filling his eyes. “We can’t let you die, brother!” Utuki locked eyes with him, tears streaming down his own face now. “There is no other way. This is the only shot we have to save Mata Nui.” Renga reached out to try and grab the mask away from Utuki, but he pulled away. “Don’t, just… don’t. This is what I’m meant to do.” As he cried, he looked at them with a sad smile. “Being called your brother has been amazing. We’ve had some fun adventures. I just… I wish that we had more time together.”

Then Utuki put on the Mask of Life.

His body began to glow, and soon it began to disintegrate in a golden light. He smiled at  the group, until all that was left was the Ignika, floating in the air.

The wind began to pick up intensely. Jovan, still shocked at what had happened, shouted, “The energy storms are starting again! Vorika, get us out of here!” The Toa of lightning reopened the portal to where they had come from, but suddenly a huge gust of wind blew all the Toa away from it. The Toa were all lifted up into the air and began to get tossed around like a child’s toys. Kohara’s mask activated, causing her to grow thrusters on her feet and back, and a thin membrane grew between her arms and legs. She flew around, chasing after the other Toa. Jovan flew next to her, using his mask power to direct himself. Kohara grabbed Pomahu and Renga, who then grabbed Raaku. Jovan grabbed the others. Both Kohara and Jovan struggled to kep themselves airborne. They turned around, fighting the wind to get back to the portal. They dove toward it; Jovan used his elemental power to drag the Ignika along with them. A sound of thunder was heard behind them. The Toa urgently dove at the portal… and made it through safely. Vorika quickly closed it behind them.

The group laid on the ground, tired after their ordeal, and shocked at the loss of one of their team members. Kohara tried to put a hand on Jovan’s shoulder, but he shrugged it off. Out of the corner of her eye, Kohara saw another portal open, a different portal. The portal back home. She stood up. “I think it’s time for me to leave,” she said quietly. “I’m really sorry about Utuki.” As she turned to leave, she heard a voice behind her. “Kohara,” Jovan said as he stood up. The Toa of Light turned. Jovan’s eyes were full of sadness, but he gave her a quick smile. “Thank you,” he said. Kohara smiled back and nodded. She turned to the portal, ready to get home…

OOC: Part 3 (the final part) of Kohara's Far Shore Adventure

• Like 1

IC: Bronk (Ko-Pou)

"Ah most certainly can Ms. Iradra, follow me." Exiting the portal room with the two Toa in tow, Bronk got halfway out of the ruins till another Matoran approached, holding a radio communicator. "Commander as a message for you Sergeant."

Sighing, Bronk took the communicator before turning toward Iradra and Vashni, "Apologies ma'am, but duty calls. You there, guide these two Toa tu thuh afflicteds' housin'." Offering a brief salute, the Bo-Matoran began to guide the Toa of Light and Psionics out of the rest of the ruins.

Exiting the ruins, the full extent of the frigid air that blew across the low frozen and permafrost hills, chilling the frame of those exiting the ruins and those stuck guarding the exterior. Walking down the steps, the two Toa were led towards a smallish structure on one side of the small, surprisingly unfrozen, lake that pooled at the base of the ruins. The structure was made of thick logs, using most of the spare lumber that was claimed when the forests were being cleared for Kini-Koro. A gated and locked door was the only apparent way in, with any windows being small wide cuts, placed higher than either the Toa could reach, even standing upon their toes. Two guards stood outside of the building, both shivering, even though a small fire brazier blazed nearby.

OOC: @Onaku @Snelly

IC: Apex (Kumu-Peninsula, Shrine of Shadow)

"That could not be it," Apex growled to herself, not wanting to believe that she was beaten out of her prize, "No, I believe something else happened to those two, but I lack the knowledge of what. As for my knowledge upon Taboos, it is...Admittedly limited. Ten thousand years trapped within a cave will do that to anyone. But they are ancient rites, only accessible by my kind, and they are purportedly scattered amongst the ruins of the fallen Matoran empire that once ruled this island."

OOC: @Toru Nui

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nato the Traveler said:

"The Ark coming here... it's just another of your cycles," she muttered, embittered by the realisation. "New Builders, new wishes... but nothing's changed." 

IC Stannis | Kini-Nui

The wizard scoffed in mockery at the reference of 'his' cycles and creased his forehead in mock disdain. "These are not new Builders," Stannis intoned, "nor are their desires different from the ones that birthed Aspects of yore. Same dreams—different manifestations. But you are correct that nothing has changed. This land, Xa-Kas, shifts constantly under the burden of entropy and swirling ethereal forces, but all things and peoples return to it... in time

"Even myself."

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 1

IC Kanohi and “Collector” - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi hurtled through the portal, tumbling into the Ruins that hung over Tobduk-Koro. As he fell to the hard floor he gasped out, vaulting through the gate made his internal organs lurch. Almost immediately he felt a cold hand grasp him, embracing him.

What is wrong, friend?” Collector urged. They were now bent over, one hand sheltering the cross-wired Fe-Matoran, their other hand brandishing their Kanoka Blade at the portal. Mist lofted from their blade as they held it, the blade’s power cooling moisture in the ruin’s atmosphere.

Kanohi stood up, “W-we have two issues. No, three. First, are your senses still under watch by Councilor NU? I have a few messages for her.

I … I still have the sensation she is monitoring me, yes.

Okay, would you mind bending down? And … try not to remember all the details.” Collector nodded and bent low, putting their head by the Fe-Matoran. Kanohi swallowed, before whispering to Collector and the listening Vahki, “Hello Councilor NU, I have important news. Firstly, on the topic we went to Kini-Koro about, Vulimai and I have an idea. If we send someone allegedly to trade minor supplies with the League, you can use your staff on them. While the trader is there you can survey and scout through their eyes, like you are doing with Collector now. Then you can get more information on the situation with the Vahki enslaved by the League. Then we can come up with a better plan.

On another topic, Vulimai has made me realize that Arkius and the others who left a month ago are planning to activate the Earth Ruins. Which I already knew, but now I realize that if they succeed, a portal will be formed between Kini-Koro and those Ruins. And we know little about those Ruins, or who might have access to them. So we should prepare for if an attack could come through that portal.

Related, we … we may need to think about steps to shutdown Tobduk-Koro’s portal. In case either we or Kini-Koro is attacked, we need to be able to sever the portal to prevent worse invasions, or at least to control the portal.

Collector startled and spoke aloud, ”We can’t destroy the portal — the light of Tren Krom, what if it all spilled into Tobduk-Koro, mutating all of the Matoran?” 

I … I know,” agreed Kanohi quietly, “but we still need to plan what to do in case a … another war breaks out.” He swallowed “Sorry I … Councilor NU and I need to plan before I go into more details.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Toru Nui Kanohi: “what’s that?” Collector being hit by NU’s staff “it’s a surprise tool that will help us later”

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: NU-8020S (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Communal Table) - The Hornet's Nest

"Just because Aurax has them under his control does not make them 'his'. While it is unlikely that infrastructure still exists to continue production of units, Vahki will still periodically recharge at the Hives. The exterior and interior will likely remain guarded at all times. Any changes Aurax has made to Vahki operating procedures is unknown, as we left transmitting distance of the Hives before Pridak’s assassination. More information will become available once this unit is within transmitting distance."

@BULiK@Tarn

IC: Navu (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Armoury) - Not to Be Confused With the One Ostrox Was Just In

"Huh? Oh no, I put it back in the drawer. Do you want me to go get it again?"

@BULiK@Snelly

IC: Knichou & Taku Crew, Kini-Nui Hillside, Lounge of the Taku

"Do we only need physical access to one of the hives? Is there one in particular that has more control than others? What if I... 'create' a distraction on one of the hives - perhaps that threat would draw Vahki away from another hive for you and my hacker to sneak inside?"

He leaned back in the chair and looked to the lightstone at the top of the room, thinking of the problems ahead.

"I guess that's another question entirely - where are the hives? How far apart are they, what entrances are exits are there, and can we even access them if they're still under the sea? You wouldn't happen to know that, or do you need to be ferried to your transmitting distance? Maybe you can connect to the Taku's larger antenna and get a connection?"

OOC: Idk if NU knows this or would be able to learn later through the radio, but this feels like it might be an @Unreliable Narrator question?

~~~

"If you want to, that'd be great. I could show this Toa some of the weapons systems while you're gone, give you a break." Arnex responded with a shrug.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Location - Kini-Nui

Sorilax spotted a true alpha. She had a commanding presence and moved with purpose. She received something on a little box and rushed past him, purpose guiding her and weapons adorning her. She must be the guard captian. As she moved past, it gave him a full view of her Infected mask. So that was a no go. He had to find the village leader instead.

He looked to the one she had been talking with. Another Matoran. He did not hold himself with any air of leadership, quite the opposite, actually. But then why had the guard captain been conversing with him? She didn’t seem like the one to waste time. Well, it was his best lead right now.

Sorilax moved towards the Matoran when suddenly the Matoran pulled out a device and rapidly grappled away. He paused. How was he going to catch up? He thought of Viltia saying he was so slow and so his mind moved to the pearlescent mask on his face. He mentally reached out to it, focusing on it like he would his element, which he still didn’t realize he was constantly using to create a golden glow around himself.

His mind suddenly filled with a vigor of its own, the world rapidly being dissected in front of him as his reaction time grew to its peak. He moved, a sprint turning into a run. The uneven and rocky hill he was on offering little resistance to his movements as his feet found their places almost perfectly every time. Though he was just moving as fast as his body normally could, he felt energized and like he was speeding along. It was just like when he had possessed his Rahkshi in the Far Shore.

Still, the Matoran made it to the secondary portal before he could intercept the potential leader. Sorilax slowed, turning off his mask as he looked at the portal up close. This one showed something on the other side, though barely. It was certainly different from the Far Shore portal.

He stepped through. His Kraata power of Life instantly pinged out who was nearby. A Matoran, a Vortixx, and an Aspect, though the Aspect was some distance away. As long as the Aspect remained out of hearing distance, he could still converse. Or perhaps he could use his improved Silence to do that for him.

The Matoran and Vortixx were immediately in front of him, right next to the portal. Sorilax emitted his aura of silence, though he manipulated the aura to be a thin bubble around the three, so that they could still talk inside, but no one outside could hear them.

Do excuse me, but I almost missed the chance to converse with you,” he looked at Kanohi, “Are you the leader of Kini-Koro? I must talk with you about Infected masks and the Aspects that create them. I noticed even your guard captain was wearing one.

OOC: @Harvali

Edited by Kal the Guardian
  • Like 2

IC Kanohi and “Collector” - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi startled as a stranger appeared through the portal, talking quickly. Collector stood between him and the stranger, brandishing their Kanoka Blade on defense, frost lofting from the blade. As Sorilax’s words registered in the Vortixx’s head they relaxed their arm with a sigh. Wearily they muttered, “I knew that power was too easy. Who are you? What do you know of the masks? And the Aspects?” 

The Councilor recovered quickly for once, and squeezed past Collector. The Matoran bowed and introduced himself, “oh um, no, I am not a ruler of Kini-Koro. I am one of the Co-Councilors of Tobduk-Koro though, it’s the small village that lies outside the ruin that holds this portal. We are allies with Kini-Koro, I was over in the city to discuss certain issues with their Commander.

Swallowing Kanohi continued, “Tell me, if you can, what do you know of the Aspects and their masks? The other Councilor temporarily has a link to this Vortixx’s senses, so whatever you have to say, we both will hear. I should inform you that the Commander of Kini-Koro, the ruler of our sister, she does have an Infected Mask. I asked her about its side effects, and she seemed troubled by it. She no longer could bring herself to take it off. At the same time, she … seemed to think the Aspect who infects the masks is not necessarily a threat to us, since that particular Aspect only wishes to be alive like we are. Do you know more of the Aspects and Desecrations? 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Kal the Guardian @Toru Nui

• Like 3

IC: Triage - Metru-Koro Ruins

Triage looked up from the radio at Okuo, covering the receiver with his hand. "Knichou wants us back at the Taku, I'm guessing it's something important if he wants us both back on such short notice."

He looked to Kardaka, then back to the Ta-Toa next to him.

"Should...we bring her with us?" he whispered. "Back to Kini, I mean."

@Onaku@Harvali

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

Nale sat down at the table, adjacent to Knichou, casually resting an elbow against it. Her optics drifted between the Vahki before them and the map of Metru Nui. She hadn't been in the city since the impact, and it had only just now occurred to her that the place she'd be coming back to would look very different now. The Toa of Magnetism had long since parted with any nostalgia she might have felt for the sinking city after arriving on Zakaz, but part of her was strangely excited to return. Or maybe it was the nerves, knowing what they were about to do.

Her optics soon found the place on the map where the Archives should have been, and she frowned. At least they wouldn't be stopping there.

"If any of them are underwater but still accessible," she said, turning her gaze to Knichou, "then there's ways around that. A stock of Kaukau, or your own adaptive armor, perhaps. Or...we find out how waterproof the Taku is."

@BULiK@Toru Nui

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Okuo - Metru-Koro

Okuo furrowed his brow in disbelief. "What?? Now wait just a minute. We're in the middle of something right here and now! Here, let me talk to them for a sec." He held out his hand with an expectant expression, looking at the radio.

@Tarn@Harvali

IC: Iradra - Ko-Pou

Iradra stopped in front of the doors. She shivered slightly as she looked the building over, before turning to Vashni, nodding, and then pushing open the door to step inside.

@Vezok's Friend@Snelly@Toru Nui

• Like 4

Location - Stone Ruins

With - Kanohi, Collector

The Vortixx immediately went on defense, though Sorilax didn’t register the action, instead filing it away to ponder about later. The Vortixx spoke, I knew that power was too easy. Who are you? What do you know of the masks? And the Aspects?” 

The Matoran moved forward, bowed, and introduced himself, “oh um, no, I am not a ruler of Kini-Koro. I am one of the Co-Councilors of Tobduk-Koro though, it’s the small village that lies outside the ruin that holds this portal. We are allies with Kini-Koro, I was over in the city to discuss certain issues with their Commander.

The Co-Councilor continued, “Tell me, if you can, what do you know of the Aspects and their masks? The other Councilor temporarily has a link to this Vortixx’s senses, so whatever you have to say, we both will hear. I should inform you that the Commander of Kini-Koro, the ruler of our sister, she does have an Infected Mask. I asked her about its side effects, and she seemed troubled by it. She no longer could bring herself to take it off. At the same time, she … seemed to think the Aspect who infects the masks is not necessarily a threat to us, since that particular Aspect only wishes to be alive like we are. Do you know more of the Aspects and Desecrations?

So Sorilax had been kind of correct in his assumptions. It was better this way, however, if whom he had seen with the Infected mask had been the ruler of Kini-Koro, “I am Sorilax Life Seeker, Aspect of Light and Silence. I must warn you about my species. There are common traits we share, ingrained flaws that define our very actions. Until recently, I was beholden to them as well. Aspects as a whole are fiercely independent, valuing themselves above all else. They are manipulative, and more often than not, very selfish, not to mention that they consider all other beings as possible vessels for them to assume solid form. And my brethren desire a solid body as often as possible. We are a species built on ancient and Taboo knowledge, a twisted form of power that mostly offers boons in exchange for life.

Sorilax shook his head sadly, “For the most part, my brethren are not to be trusted. We are beholden to our Grand Wishes, or the reason for our existence. For example, mine is to integrate myself with the universal concept of Life so that I may put aside the differences, morally, between species. No longer will Aspect be created selfish, or Skakdi savage. It is a burden to think about the power that might come with that. What might I do when I achieve my Grand Wish? Will I even be the same me as I am now? Will I do the right thing, like I hope I would?” Sorilax sighed, then moved on.

On the topic of Infected masks, they are quite a boon, while having potentially unnoticeable side effects. The most outstanding of these being that the Aspect that Infects a mask may treat the wearer as if they were Desecrated by them. This means, for at least of an Aspect having completed three steps of their Grand Wish, telepathic audio communication with an individual desecrated follower currently on the same plane of existence, seeing through the eyes of their Desecrated on the same plane of existence, and remotely possessing their Desecrated through shadow puppetry. That last one not requiring permission from the one wearing the mask.

In addition to that, the one wearing the Infected Kanohi does not want to take it off. This is not to say that it can’t be taken off, just that someone other than the wearer would need to do it. Thankfully, Infected masks can be cleansed by submerging them into energized protodermis, or by striking it with a Removes Poison Kanoka with a power level equal to or greater than the stage of the Kraata that Infected the mask.

Now, of course there are boons to the wearer. If one controls an element, the wearer may choose one additional elemental power of their choice. This power blends with their primary element should they choose to use it. And it is a one time choice, no matter if a different Infected mask is worn.

In addition, the wearer gains access to the powers of the Kraata that Infected the mask at the current stage of the Kraata.

Sorilax shifted, his golden glow a soft light indoors. His Ice Longbow gently gave off a frozen mist from where it rested on his shoulder. The noises of the world were deadened by the bubble of Silence he had up.

He mentally went through all the questions that had been asked of him.

Oh yes, Desecrations. In exchange for the still beating Heartlight of a sentient being, an Aspect grafts a Kraata to the recipient, giving the recipient the power of that Kraata. However, should either the Kraata or the recipient die, the other will die as well. In addition to this, the recipient is now bound to help the Aspect complete their Grand Wish.

Thankfully, I have found ways around certain things. For my nature, many hours of meditation and a Taboo to change elements allowed me to forego Shadow in exchange for Light, and allowed me to break free from my Aspect nature. For Desecrations, I have figured out how to use Rahi Heartlights instead of sentient ones. For Infected masks, the change is unfortunately not quite as pronounced. For me, I Illuminate instead of Infect. As you can see by the mask I wear on my face currently. I wish the change would have been more pronounced, but it is not so.

• Like 3

IC: Knichou & Taku Crew, Kini-Nui Hillside, The Taku

Knichou mulled over Nale's words, nodding. He'd have to be sure that the energized protodermis hadn't leaked into the city first, but if it was regular water... his adaptive armor could easily keep everyone ready for any situation. He was going to respond but was interrupted by Berys approaching from behind.

"Commander, Okuo wants to know why you want them?"

"Tell them... it's classified?" Knichou shrugged. That probably wouldn't be a good enough explanation. "Tell them there's a new, more urgent situation, and I need to brief them on it in person."

Still vague as all karz, but slightly easier to understand. The Le-Matoran nodded and shuffled back to the bridge, door shutting behind him.

"Where were we?"

~~~

Triage's radio was silent for some time, but eventually Berys's voice crackled out of it again.

"Commander says you're needed for something new. Sounds important. Wants to talk in person."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Waveahk (Kumu Peninsula, Shrine of Shadows) - Mission Failed, We'll Get 'Em Next Time

"Well. It seems I am heading back to Metru-Koro with nothing to show for it. Again. Aside from more mutations, of course. Unless, you know of anything else?"

@Sparticus147@Burnmad

IC: Ulkarr and Enra (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone) Weaponized Annoyance

"Oi, why are their mouths moving, but not saying anything?" Enra asked.

Ulkarr almost chuckled. The audacity of this one. "MY APOLOGIES, AKIRI." He began speaking in a louder tone than usual. "IT APPEARS I HAVE LOST THE ABILITY TO PERCEIVE SOUND. I CAN NO LONGER HEAR YOU, COLLECTOR, OR THIS NEWCOMER. CAN YOU HEAR ME?"

"They’re right there guv, no need to shout."

@Kal the Guardian@Harvali

IC: NU-8020S (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Communal Table) - Initiating Passive-Aggressive Protocols

Kanohi’s plan would have been acceptable, if there wasn’t a superior, more efficient plan already being set in motion. If this communication were two-way, she might have informed him of that. An increase in spacial distortions within Kini-Koro was concerning, however. That situation would have to be monitored.

She tried to answer every one of Knichou’s questions in order, though not entirely truthfully or professionally. "Physically accessing one Hive should be enough to disperse your virus to the other Hives and every unit within range - assuming their cybersecurity protocols under League control are still as degraded as when we left. The Coliseum Hive is located in the subterranean levels of the Coliseum, as the name indicates. It was designed to serve as a central information hub. Using the Metru Hives to spread the virus would be less efficient, but perhaps, easier to access. If Aurax has not played around with standard operating procedures too much, only Vahki assigned to the sector you are currently in will respond to your distraction, sectors referring to the six Metrus and the Coliseum. Units assigned to Ta-Metru only have jurisdiction in Ta-Metru, as an example. Logically, the Hives will be in the places they were constructed. The Coliseum Hive is underneath the central tower. The Metru Hives are here, here, here, here, here, and here." She pointed to each Hive in each Metru.

"They are a considerable distance apart, in order to cover more ground more efficiently. Exact number of entry points was not deemed essential information, and was not saved before departing Metru Nui. Physical access of submerged Hives would be difficult, but not impossible, as you have already inferred. The feasibility of remote access did not come up in testing, as it was assumed that the city would not sink into the sea due to gross mismanagement. Theoretically, if your vessel’s transmitter is powerful enough, I could access the network from here. But that assumes that the transmitter is that powerful, that I am not plugging myself into a system full of bugs, and that the system does not detect that I am a rogue unit, thus giving away our operation to Aurax. It simply carries too much risk, in this unit’s opinion."

@BULiK@Tarn

IC: Navu (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Armoury) - Delivery Service

"Alright then." Navu went off to get the key, and soon returned with it, giving it to Arnex.

@BULiK@Snelly

IC: Klawne (Ko-Pou Shelter) - Unexpected Guests

"See? I told you - oh. You’re not Okuo and Triage. Where are they?"

@Onaku@Snelly

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Stannis | Kini-Nui

"These are not new Builders," Stannis intoned, "nor are their desires different from the ones that birthed Aspects of yore. Same dreams—different manifestations. But you are correct that nothing has changed. This land, Xa-Kas, shifts constantly under the burden of entropy and swirling ethereal forces, but all things and peoples return to it... in time. Even myself."

IC: Whisper - Kini-Nui

"You speak of the Builders - their origins, their desires - as if you don't count yourself among them," she pointed out. She understood being a neutral party, a passive observer... but something about this was different. The people of these villages treated Stannis like one of their own, so why didn't he reciprocate? "This is the first time you've acknowledged your own role in all of this."

@EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

IC Kanohi and “Collector” - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi rubbed his head, muttering, “Give me a moment, please. That is … a lot to process.” Whisper might now be able to possess anyone whose Mask she had Infested? Without needing consent? Let alone see through their senses as easily as NU could, without needing to reapply her staves? That was … troubling.

Collector spoke up first, averting their optics to the others. “I … I think I might understand  you, Sorilax. Like I think I understand Whisper, maybe. I … I was considering Desecrating my mask. I … I want to be a Toa, to wield an element like ice as easy as any Toa. The blade I made, it can only freeze things, it’s not the true element of Ice, but it … it is comforting. But I am not immune to it, I can suffer frostbite from its touch. One of Whisper’s Kraata grants Ice Resistance, and having that imitation of a breed quirk, it could make me closer to a Toa of Ice. I … I was tempted. Especially since all of her Kraata that infect masks come from Rahi heartlights, not … people.

Kanohi reached over awkwardly and gave Collector a brief squeeze on their wrist, and continued, “I … I must admit I am inexperienced in the matters of Aspects. But I suspect Whisper is at least stage three. You said she can possess anyone wearing her infected masks, without consent. Can she puppet multiple people at once? Or only one person at a time?

The Councilor paused, “I … I have some knowledge of crafting Kanoka Disks, not … many types, just Disks of Regeneration and Weakening. Low level ones too. But … between me and Sucordak, maybe we can learn how to make disks of Remove Poison. Just to prepare.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Kal the Guardian @Toru Nui

Kardaka tried not to listen in, only saying, “If it would be alright, since you may have to leave, can you point me in the direction of the refugee villages? I … may be able to do some good there.” Or at least, attempt to do some good. 

• Like 3

IC: Knichou & Taku Crew, Kini-Nui Hillside, The Taku

Knichou raised an eyebrow as the unit dispensed with it's directory assistance protocols. It certainly had degraded since it had left the range of a hive - the clockwork machine's voice modulator appeared to be periodically malfunctioning. If Knichou didn't know better, he'd think it was being sarcastic. As defective as this automaton was in some areas, it's tactical assessment was sound to the engineer. The risks of trying to gain more intelligence by jacking this Vahki into Aurax's network remotely were too great.

"That's a fair point. Given this... I propose we attempt to gain access to the Ga-Metru hive. It was one of the least damaged during the invasion, so it's a more reliable bet that the access tunnels to the hive - and data lines connecting it to the larger Metru-Nui network - are more intact, and given it's Ga-Metru, it should be easier to access from the sea. What do you think about that Nale? You're more familiar with Metru-Nui's security than I am, from both sides of it."

~~~

Arnex took the key and gave Navu a smile. She thanked Navu and then used the key to unlock the door. The Onu-Matoran promptly slid it open to reveal the interior of the reinforced shack built into the Taku's upper deck. Racks of electro-rockets lined the walls, a few assorted small arms were secured in place, boxes of lightstone machine gun ammunition were tucked into shelves, and there were large crates of various kanoka.

Arnex opened the new crate of Viltia's kanoka and began to move them to the armory's crate of levitation and weight increase kanoka.

"So who are you, Toa?"

~~~

"He said ‘urgent’ when I asked."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

IC: Skyra Daring - The Taku, Armory -

"Not bad...can never have too many rockets..." Skyra looked around the armory, apparently impressed. She then looked at Arnex as she was addressed.

"I'm Skyra Daring. I used to test vehicles in Le-Metru, before I 'accidently' stumbled into Turaga Dume's office and touched one of his Toa stones. I was conscripted into the war against the League after that. Learned how to fight and shoot on the fly and all that, eventually met my wife, Rose. You know we killed that horny warlord guy Carapar, and we even helped kill Pridak too." Skyra sighed. 

"Things were simpler when I had a clear enemy..."

OOC: @BULiK@Tarn @Toru Nui 

IC: Vashni - Ko-Pou -

Vashni steeled herself for what awaited them inside. She'd seen enough victims of Hordika venom to know that their behavior could be wild and unpredictable at times. She had to be ready for anything. 

@Onaku @Vezok's Friend

Edited by Snelly
got ninjaed lol
  • Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Location - Stone Ruins

With - Kanohi, Collector

A hardlight hand scratched the chin of his pearlescent Kanohi, “Well, if the Grand Wish of Whisper is to be as you are, then she might just be trustworthy enough to handle all this power with care.” Whisper, he knew that name. It was the name of one of the newest Aspects. “However, I have informed you of this knowledge so that you might be aware of any potential misdeeds, either intended or unintended, of any future Aspects you interact with. You may judge for yourself. For even though I talk of having changed myself, know that I cannot actually prove my statements to be true. I only know myself that I have changed, and hope you take my knowledge with care.

Sorilax glanced away. The other Aspect was watching them. Who was that? Providence? No. Someone older than that. Good thing he put up his bubble of Silence. He looked back at the two before him.

As for puppeting multiple beings at once, I doubt it, though I have not actually tried myself, so I can not say for certain. All I know is that when an Aspect possesses something, their entire mind enters that thing, leaving their other body ‘lifeless’, in a sense. So I do indeed doubt the ability of multiple possessions at once. If Whisper will ever even be inclined to do so.

Now, while you may share this knowledge with whomever you so wish, I do wonder if you would be so kind to not mention my name in association with the knowledge? My brethren do not know that I am concerned about their morality and actions and I do not wish for them to try to stop me from warning others of the potentially untold consequences of their actions.

• Like 1

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

"It's a sensible approach, but that was the Bordakh's district," Nale said. "They don't particularly like troublemakers--none of the Vahki do--but those specifically can turn you into a lawful citizen with a zap of their staff. It's...a scary sight. Wouldn't want one of us suddenly loyal to Aurax and mucking up the whole plan."

Remembering they were working with a Vahki on this mission, and she was right across from Nale, the Toa of Magnetism cleared her throat.

"Have to be careful, is all I'm saying. NU knows--they won't make it easy for us to do this."

@BULiK@Toru Nui

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

7 minutes ago, Nato the Traveler said:

"You speak of the Builders — their origins, their desires — as if you don't count yourself among them," she pointed out. She understood being a neutral party, a passive observer... but something about this was different. The people of these villages treated Stannis like one of their own, so why didn't he reciprocate? "This is the first time you've acknowledged your own role in all of this."

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

The Wanderer chuckled then, mirthlessly smiling and looking off a little to the side. Now, he thought, Whisper was starting to put it together—a little bit by bit. The façade was still there, but just like a tree shedding its leaves in preparation of the dead months Caedast allowed the pretenses to slip away for Whisper to see.

It was not without a purpose, as very few things the old man did were for out of pure chance, and the Aspect of Fate tempted her portfolio with the intent to spread knowledge to Whisper. Whatever the other Aspect's intentions were would become plain to see as she used whatever information was given to her, but whether she chose to become an ally or an opposer to the elder's mission did not matter to Caedast. Knowledge had no morality, it had no compass, and who was she to think she was any North Star to base others upon. In the end, Whisper would come out far more aware than when she arrived, and she would use that to do what she willed. 

"I have been around for a very long time, Whisper," Stannis said, looking evenly back to the floating being by then. "I have come to realize that things exist because the Builders create and destroy in a constant cycle, and exercise the power of Tren Krom in their own way, so I integrate myself among them as unassumingly as a stray orchid in an abandoned garden. I seek to understand them, and in turn to spread understanding to them, and while I have a role it is not as a controller. 

"People have always asked why things happen the way they do—what if they had gone a different way?—what if we had known then what we know now? History repeats itself. I represent the knowledge of those cycles, in the hope, with the intent, that the nobody will have to suffer through a cycle again. You see, Whisper... in a way, we're not dissimilar."

• Like 4