Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC Kanohi and “Collector” - Tobduk-Koro

The Vortixx startled as a voice broke through the calm, and they spun around, still clutching the bow. “Who is … oh, greetings Erna. I did not hear you approach, my apologies.” They blushed slightly, before slowly, reluctantly handing back the bow to the Aspect. 

As Collector waited for the Aspect of Light to take the beloved bow back, they paused. Thinking it over, they said, ”Listen, Erna, you are a guard these days, yes? Councilor Kanohi has realized there may be a weakness in Kini-Koro, that might make their village vulnerable to an invasion. The Guard should prepare, in case enemies come from the portal. Do you think you can help us alert the guard?.

Kanohi nodded. “I should go alert the Vahki as well. Thank you again … Toa, for the information.” He bowed to the Aspect, before turning to Collector, “I will go now, but once you and Sucordak and I have forged at least one Kanoka Blade, you have permission to leave for the Far Shore.

With that Kanohi bowed and walked out of the sphere of silence, passing Ulkarr. The cross-wired Fe-Matoran paused as he walked by the Aspect, before clearing his throat. “Hello, Aspect Ulkarr,” he said, “I do not know if you were listening, but well, I realized too late that if Arkius and the others open the NUVA Door in the Earth Ruins, then a new portal will open in Kini-Koro. A portal that is unguarded and unknown. It may be nothing, but just in case, do please prepare in case of an invasion. I will alert the Vahki as well.” With that he began to walk away, to find the Vahki and the other guards.

Collector nodded, and then turned to the Aspect Sorilax. “I … before I commit to leave for the Far Shore, can you tell me what you experienced? What kind of place is it?

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Kal the Guardian @Toru Nui

IC Mahrika - The Suva of Fire

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran sketched in the ice with her head Flame Sword, carving a map to the Fire Suva, as well as a series of notes on how to solve the Suva’s puzzle. “I will wait as long as I can, Big Brother,” she said, staring at the image so that her brother would know all the details, “but if the Toa arrives before you, I may need to leave early. My apologies.

As she waited for them to respond she reached into her back, pulling free the two Noble Masks. A Noble Huna … Vokarda’s mask had been a Noble Huna. She swallowed and sheathed that mask away, before focusing on the Noble Mask of Strength. It shimmered, as she traded it for the Mask of Quick Travel. Icarax huh? She … did not remember the name. She briefly wondered who they might have been.

That reminded her, the list. That … what did it mean? Was it important? It felt … important. Unleashing all those beasts — the beast that destroyed the Rig, she remembered now, that was a Tahtorak? Who would want to released such a beast? This … this had to be stopped. She poured over the list, memorizing it as best she could. Then she walked to Ollem, still overheating, and handed him the list.

The Onu-Matoran looked over the list too as she said, “The beast that created the story, I think it was a Tahtorak. And the other beasts I believe are its equals. What … who would want to unleash such beasts? What monster would do it? We … we need to remember this, to warn others we meet. To try to stop more d-death, like at the Rig. Maybe someone we meet can do something about it. We … I have to try.” Even the Skakdi did not deserve that awful death. N-no one did.

She took it back, and exchanged the list back for the piece of cloth. This … whatever this was, it was best to leave the clue behind. Make sure it could be rediscovered, if the two of them were lost in the Aqua Sphere, or killed trying to help. Then she returned to her patch of ice, resuming staring at her notes once more. 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

Edited by Harvali
Forgot a plot point for Mahrika
  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Stone Ruins

With - Kanohi, Collector, Enra, Ulkarr

Sorilax looked on in awe as Collector fired the Ice Longbow. With each strike, the icicle took a different form. It reminded him of his recent journey.

I do have a question, Aspect Sorilax,” added Kanohi as the Fe-Matoran began to leave, “You said you changed your element, right? Could you also give someone an element who has none?

Sorilax shook his head no, “I am sorry to say that I cannot. Perhaps I should look into that in the future.”

There was a minor interruption, which the Vortixx handled. Sorilax took back his longbow, slinging it across his shoulder once more.

Collector turned to the Aspect Sorilax. “I … before I commit to leave for the Far Shore, can you tell me what you experienced? What kind of place is it?

A hardlight hand stroked the chin of his mask, “It is a place of possibilities and inconsistencies, full of danger, yet offering rewards. Each time one enters is different and I can only tell of my own journey. I traveled to a land of Ice, with buildings taller than I could fathom. The world was dead, inhabitants gone due to some dark ritual of science. In their place were shadows that sought to kill me. I was able to overcome them, but I caution you, the Far Shore holds risks. And one might never know what one might find.

Sorilax nodded to Collector and Enra, “Now if you will excuse me, I am keeping someone waiting by being here. Farewell.

He stepped back through the portal, field of Silence dissipating. There was a flurry of activity on the other side, both in the village and near a new portal that had opened up. Sorilax walked down towards Kini-Nui, both to see if Sala had returned yet or if Sidra was waiting for him.

OOC: @Harvali @Toru Nui

• Like 3

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Sidra - Kini-Koro

As she parted ways with Atamai, Sidra felt a shift in the emotions of those in the village. Unrest and urgency from the guards, followed by confusion from those who parted ways to let them pass. Sidra looked in the direction they were going, up the slope of the valley towards the forest. She zoomed in with her telescopic lens until she spotted their destination: the familiar rainbow light of a portal.

A new portal.

Another NUVA had risen, it seemed.

She stepped through shadow and emerged beneath one of the trees next to the portal, joining Vulimai and her guards in front of it. They looked like they were readying for a fight, though if whoever was going to come through was as powerful as she and Atamai were, it would be a very brief battle. 

"Expecting trouble?" She asked, approaching the one who gave the most in-charge vibe of the group.

@Sparticus147

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Waveahk (Kumu Peninsula, Shrine of Shadows) - Waveahk Has Joined the Party

"Many. But they can wait for now. I’ll follow your lead."

@Sparticus147

IC: Ulkarr and Enra (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone) - Now Hear This

"Grrmph. I guess I’ll tell ‘em ‘bout this. You coming?" Enra asked Collector, preparing to step through the portal.

"Akiri." Ulkarr spoke, forcefully. He started walking after Kanohi. "I was not listening, because I could not. The one you spoke to made certain of that. Silence is just one of many powers we Aspects possess... but I am not sure he qualifies as my kin. There was something wrong with him."

Not for the first time this month, Ulkarr’s attention was drawn to the necklace Kanohi wore. He had tried not to interfere in the enterprises of his brothers and sisters… but his obligations to them only went so far. And what had just happened did not place him in a tolerant mood.

@Harvali

• Like 1

IC: Ehlek | Mi-Kiri

Light travels at 186,000 miles per second. The closest star is approximately 92.96 million miles away. We exist both at the same time and in different times depending on the relative perspective of our position. Neurons fire approximately 200 times per second. Each neuron communicates with approximately 1,000 neurons each time it fires. We are physically composed of different forms of protodermis: a substance that reacts to the influence of natural forces and can, when activated, change things as it sees fit. This substance, like any physical substance, is mostly empty. We are not even conscious that we are mostly nothing. 

We are not individuals. We are not a collective. We are the carbon from the copy. It’s dangerous existing. At any moment we will be cut from the narrative of time. It’s dangerous being immortal. We are destined for pain.

Take a single second. Divide it in half. You now have half a second. Do it again. Now you have a quarter of a second. Keeping dividing by one half until you reach zero.

We’re zero.

What’s one?

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 7

Happy chat.

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro 

The cross-wired Councilor paused and whispered more to himself than Ulkarr. “I … had not realized that. Not even noticed there was no sound…” Kanohi was oblivious but … it was disconcerting that an Aspect could affect him without him noticing. And if Whisper could possess others… 

I … don’t want to betray his confidence,” Kanohi paused, thinking over what to say. Then he resumed carefully, “but he said he had changed his element using ancient knowledge. He no longer is of Shadow. He mostly was informing us about what Whisper’s infected masks could potentially let her do to a wearer.

If it is okay,” The Fe-Matoran looked at the exit of the Ruins, “I should go warn the Vahki and the others of the potential invasion threat. To prepare for the worst. You may come if you like, and we can talk about some of this while we are with them. It’s … not hard to see that you are one of the strongest of us, since you are able to create an army out of shadows. You probably need to know the details.

OOC: @Toru Nui

… 

IC “Collector” - Tobduk-Koro

The Vortixx watched as the strange Aspect left, before speaking to Enra. “My apologies, I wasn’t clear. The commander of Kini-Koro knows the danger. We will need to prepare the guard of Tobduk-Koro, both in case an invasion comes through the portal from Kini-Koro, and if we need to liberate the Village of the Temple.

They paused, rethinking the thought, “Sorry, thinking it over, perhaps I should leave the Ruins to warn the guards of our village. I have to go into Tobduk-Koro proper anyway, and you seem busy. Can you watch this portal, in case hostiles emerge from it?

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Toru Nui

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 2

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Apex (Kumu-Peninsula, Shrine of Shadow)

"Then let us be off, for time is of the essence." The Aspect spoke, turning its attention northwards towards the Fau Swamp. Lumbering forth, one claw after the other, her gaze attempted to penetrate the mist and shadows that covered this land, as she reached forth, for a mind of one submitted to her.

~~~

The hive was prosperous. Under her rule, the hive grew and expanded, and though the physical hive itself did not grow, her control did. Rivals, competitors, other hives; they sought to supplant her dynasty, to claim her hive as their own, to spread the reach of their control over the vast green. But they all failed and now they all had fallen. She, had gifted her with a power, one of sound, that gave her a voice that could not be denied. She had been chosen, and though the cost was her supplication to Her, the black beast, that which bore darkness, it was a worthy cost.

Though her mother, or at least the pitiful wretch she became, one who blindly sought to extend their own rule and to destroy the inheritance of their lineage, was contempt to remain within her dormitory, being tended too by her children, she was not. She led the charge upon the other hives, her voice droning out the voices of the other queens. And one by one, their hives learned to follow her, to speak in her voice, yet none could compare to the beauty that was hers. Power, prosperity, purpose, she had gotten all that and more, from one. single. deal.

But her now peaceful rest, having conquered the homes of her competitors, was not meant to last, as She called to her. The conversation, or rather, the exchange of ideas and concepts, was brief. She sought to know if the once-princess, now queen, had maintained her promise; protecting the borders of the vast green and leaving the speck that was Le-Metru Nuva alone. She had.

Then She, asked for a queerer request. She desired two of her hive to meet her, where the black rock of death had made contact with the once white beach to the south, in order to help carry...Something. The black beast apparently sought one of the old stones, one that they believed still stood. They wanted to know if the queen knew where it was. She did. Though she did not fully understood the request of the black beast, and why they sought one of the old stones, she did not care for it did not harm her hive. Besides, whether she desired to or not, she was beholden to Her.

~~~

Upon the queen's orders, two worker drones were sent off from the hive, to travel towards the southern tip of the Fau Swamp, where it met the Kumu-Peninsula, and meet with Apex and aid her with what she had requested. After that, they were to return to the hive and return to their duties.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Eyru With a little help from Kuini-Rama, this trip is about to go a lot faster.

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

IC: Waveahk (Kumu Peninsula) - No More Questions, I Promise

Waveahk followed the Aspect across the bleak landscape, back the way he came.

"If we’re going to be working together, I am going to need your name. I say it like that so it’s not technically a question, more of a statement."

@Sparticus147

IC: Ulkarr (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone Exterior) - The Leash

"Ah. I thought I sensed an overabundance of light within him. Much how I sense shadow within the ornament around your neck." Ulkarr gestured toward Kanohi’s necklace, as they walked out of the Ruins.

"Forgive me for intruding, but where did you find it? I have been meaning to ask for some time, but we have always had more important things to discuss. In any case, I will protect Tobduk-Koro, you know this. Even if it feels that my efforts go unappreciated at times."

@Harvali

IC: Enra (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone) - Admin Abuse

"OK, I’ll watch it. Just as long as I don’t have to deal with that annoying voice in ‘ere..." Enra said, pointing to the ceiling.

@Unreliable Narrator@Harvali

• Like 1

IC: Apex (Kumu-Peninsula, Shrine of Shadow)

Apex huffed at the boldness of this one and the way they spoke, but she didn't allow it to grate at her too much. "I am Apex, Aspect of the Beast. And in case your knowledge of my kind extends into asking me this question, my grand wish is to restore the island to what it once was, before the Skakdi, before the Builders."

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Snelly said:

IC: Skyra Daring - The Taku -

"Awesome. Grab some rockets and let's blow some #### up."

4 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: NU-8020S (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Communal Table) - Preservation of Functions

"Excellent. However, I must request that minimal damage be inflicted on hostile units. They did not choose Barraki rule, after all." Much like how they didn’t choose Matoran rule.

"Also, the more units whose functions are terminated, the less you will have under your command should we succeed."

IC: Navu (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Armoury) - Weapons of Mass Percussion

Navu was dreading the damage this could do to her ear drums. "Uh... can I get some... noise-cancelling headphones, or something?"

IC: Knichou & Taku Crew, Kini-Nui Hillside, The Taku

"Of course, ideally we don't damage any units in the process, but I doubt things will go that smoothly. Even if a few are destroyed, as long as the virus can propagate in time to prevent us from being overwhelmed, it will be fine. We can always build more Vahki later, after all."

~~~

Arnex unlocked the armory again, took two electro rockets under each arm, locked the armory, and carried them out to the port side's electro rocket launcher turret nearby. As she set the munitions down.

"Skyra, can you make a vaccuum surrounding the explosions so that they don't make as much noise?"

• Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Skyra Daring - The Taku -

Skyra nodded. "Sure, I can do that." Skyra glanced towards the launcher and the would be target of it, the mountain-side. "Aiming electro-rockets is pretty easy compared to most weapons, unless there's a lot of wind resistance or other factors they usually fly pretty fast and straight." 

OOC: @BULiK@Tarn @Toru Nui 

• Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro 

Kanohi stopped mid-step outside of the Ruins of Stone, and looked at Ulkarr. “That’s … that’s impossible,” he said, “This was a gift from Toa Stannis, when he put me in charge of Po-Koro. He’s an ancient Toa of Stone I met back in Metru-Nui. before we crashed on this island. And when he appointed me in Po-Koro he does not like shadows, he warned me about shadows and … and you.

Like Sorilax just had.

The Fe-Matoran paused, “I … he did seem differently lately. More … open about the flaws of the Matoran. But so am I. Besides he is a-a noble Toa of Stone, his history goes back millennia, everyone had heard of him before, well, except for me, I lived in a isolated part of the body. But he was a great hero. And I-I, he wears masks and has the element of Stone…

Like Sorilax wore a Mask of Fate and controlled Light.

The Councilor shook his head, “I-I, manageable tasks. I don’t have all the information, honestly I have almost no information, and Tobduk-Koro is more important that my racing anxious thoughts. But when we are more prepared for danger, I think I will try to learn more. I probably have to. He probably did not know it had traces of shadow.

Or maybe Stannis had been hijack by an Aspect, his personality did seem a little different. But he would not agreed to that, and he did not have an Infected Mask. Or Ulkarr was lying, trying to make Kanohi confused. He did not bring this up until Sorilax appeared after all.

But did Ulkarr even know who Stannis was? Kanohi rubbed his head as he walked, had Ulkarr and Stannis actually talked in Po-Koro? Stannis had warned Kanohi about the Aspect, but had they actually met? It … his memory failed him. It — another day, for now, Tobduk-Koro. Then the Kanoka Blade.

Kanohi finally approached a Vahki, Lawful from the look of it. He dipped his head to the Vahki and asked quietly, “Has Councilor NU returned? We need to prepare for a possible situation.” He paused and lowered his voice, “it may be nothing, it may never happen, but … I have been unprepared for more than one crisis, despite warning signs.

He shuddered in memory. Those horrid tunnels under Po-Koro, if he had been more ready for the kind of colossal beast that could carve those tunnels, would the village have needed to be abandoned? Would those lives have been saved? He … he would avoid the same mistake this time, he had to.

OOC: @Toru Nui

… 

IC “Collector” - Tobduk-Koro

The Vortixx nodded, and hesitated. They … did they still have that Skakdi tool? The one that they believed had once been used to channel ice? Maybe she could … later. For now they said, “Keep us informed if something goes wrong,” before they departed from the ruin.

They walked past Kanohi, looks like he was already warning the Vahki, so they should approach the other guards. They … would go to the mine first. Most Matoran were … weary of them as late, for good reason. They had abandoned Po-Koro, missing the raid and barely showing up in time for the flood. And that terrible joy they felt in the flood, too pleased to be a hero than care for the suffering of the village.

Point was, a number of the guard who were not Matoran worked in the mine when not guarding the city. Collective would approach any guards they saw on their route, but they would focus on the ones in the mine. They might be more welcoming on the matter.

Funny, wasn’t it. In Metru-Nui they always thought of the Vahki as machines, they assumed they would be easy to trick or hack. But the Infected Masks, perhaps the Vahki would be more reliable than them against Whisper. And the Skakdi and Bruisers, they might be important for that too. 

And the Far Shore, the idea of an elemental weapon, it sent shivers down their spine. But was there a cost? Sorilax said there were risks, he said he had ended up on a dead world consumed in ice and stalked by shadows. And Collector had little skill with fighting. Would any world they visit be similarly dead? Or just different?

They would have questions for that strange Matoran Nuju it seemed. Hopefully they could trust him to answer.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Toru Nui

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 2

IC: Triage - Metru-Koro Ruins

Triage looked doubtful of this, but nodded and began walking to the bike again, making sure to keep an optic on the Turaga as he did. The medic hadn't piloted a vehicle since his time in the Metru Nui military, but this one should have been simple enough. He hopped on, satchel hanging from his shoulder, and helped Kardaka onto the vehicle. With a rev of the engine, they were off in the direction of the outpost.

OOC: Triage returning to Ko-Pou, with Kardaka.

@Harvali@Onaku

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

"Anything else left to discuss? Any more useful information you might have, going into this?" Nale asked, looking towards the Vahki.

@BULiK@Toru Nui

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

12 hours ago, Nato the Traveler said:

The Aspect fell into a pensive silence as she pondered the question. “They have given me trust, and experiences, and acceptance,” she finally replied. “And in return I have given them powers with which to protect themselves. My care for them is… transactional. I don’t intend them any harm, and I’ll help them protect this place if I’m present when it’s in peril… but I will not give my life for theirs, nor shed a tear for any who perish.”

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

The Wanderer studied Whisper carefully, wondering to himself and gauging the reliability of the other's statement. In the end, he realized, it didn't matter. Whisper was as disconnected from any one morality compass as another, and the only thing that could be counted on was her nature to achieve her Grand Wish. Her sentiments of the Builders and others was, in effect, irrelevant when her need for them as implements was just as great as Stannis' own. She needed the Matoran to continue to exist... as did Stannis. 

"That will do," he finally said. "With our Fates connected from this point, I'm inclined offer you my wisdom and power in manifesting your Wish iffff... you will do the same, in turn, for me. There are others of our kind who's paths would cut either of ours short should they succeed. While Mata-Nui's concept of Unity is hubris and pretext, there is power in alliances. And there is no dishonor greater than failure."

@Nato the Traveler @Eyru

• Like 2

IC: Taja | Kini-Nui Outskirts

The sun had sunk low in the sky by the time Taja struggled to the top of the ridge that surrounded the Kini-Nui valley. She turned back and looked over the valley, shielding her eyes with one hand. The setting sun cast the mountains' long shadows deep into the valley; by now, the sun appeared to have already set to the inhabitants of the fledgling village. But high on the ridge with the wind at her back, Taja could still see the sun in the west, peering over the top of the fallen skull. It was a half-sphere of molten gold, and it spilled glorious rays across the sky, lighting the underside of the clouds in fiery oranges and pinks. The shadowed sides of the mountains were purple-blue, matching the eastern sky. Already, she could see a single star glimmering in the darkling expanse, the first herald of night. It was always the first star to appear. She doubted anyone else had thought to name it, or if they had even noticed it. But she had. She called the star Katahi, and looked forward to its appearance every evening. It meant the day was over, and her time had finally arrived.

She wondered if anyone had noticed she was gone. They hadn't the first time she left, when she and Whisper had journeyed to the swamps over a month ago. For all her efforts, she sometimes felt expendable. Lost in the crowd. She knew many people felt uncomfortable around her. The legends were not kind to shadow Toa, and the odd story of her transformation didn't help. She was used to silence, being from Ko-Metru; but the silence of words unspoken is far different than the silence with no words to say. She could tell things were different. No matter how hard she worked, she knew she wouldn't be accepted by her own people. It stung to admit, but Taja was nothing if not a pragmatist. She could continue to do her duty to her people, whether she was thanked for it or not.

The sun continued to sink. Its light barely cleared the skull now, and more stars had appeared in the east. Night was falling quickly, and there were many miles still to go. Turning back to the south, Taja summoned a walking staff of shadow and began picking her way carefully down the mountainside towards the plains far below.

• Like 3

IC: Whisper - Kini-Nui

"Agreed," she replied. Like rival species sharing a watering hole, there was no sense in conflict when fighting would detriment everyone and benefit nobody. Larger, truer conflicts surely still lay ahead, and there was nothing to lose in surrounding onself with allies. "So, what now?"

@EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Niidak (Wilderness near Ko-Pou)

As Niidak was walking to the place where she had hidden her hoverbike, she could hear the roar of a similar vehicle in the distance. She turned to look at the source of the sound, narrowing her eyes, and could indeed see a bike with a tall driver and a short passenger. For a brief moment, she suspected it was her own bike which they had stolen, before realizing it was a different model. Besides, if someone had stolen the bike, they would’ve needed fuel for it.

Fuel! Yes, she needed that. Perhaps the biker pair had some extra fuel to spare for her? She began frantically waving with one hand, hoping to catch the attention of the bike driver. 

OOC: @Tarn @Harvali

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
  • Like 1

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

"Now," Stannis began, "we work together. And I will tell you what I am, Whisper." He gestured to the silent, hulking Toa Maru beside him, and motioned quickly back and forth between them and Whisper.

His cloak billowed at his back in a ripple of shadows that flitted like ripples of nighttime as he spoke. There was no deception in his tone, he was speaking plainly to the others, and his voice emanated from his mouth and from his chest, almost as if his whole body rumbled with speech. "I am Caedast, the All-seeker, True-guesser, and Wizard; my portfolio desire is the Knowledge of Fates. This body once belonged to a man named Stannis, a selfless leader and a visionary recorder among the Builders, who was raised to toahood after the Ark ascended and later became one of the most prized of warriors in Mata-Nui's universe. He and I made a bargain and shared this shell—two minds, one body—when we found each other and our mutual lusts for knowledge: He wanted to understand why things happened and I... I wanted to show him. Years passed, and then so did he, leaving me with his body and a legacy which I have tried to honor. 

"This is Toa Oreius Maru, Once-Brother. In eons before, when the League of Kingdom's war for conquest and freedom was still nascent, we fought together, bled together, and saved lives together, but in the end I betrayed his confidence in me and revealed what I am. It was meant as a kindness but I realize it was not kind. Oreius has no reason to trust in me but I still place my trust in him, and he kept the truth of my nature secret as I asked. 

"I am the solution to the basal desire to know why events transpire as they do, the wish to control Destinies that seemingly cannot be controlled, and the deep desire to solve riddles and mysteries. My Grand Wish is to become an oracle and banish ignorance from the lives of the Builders, my secondary goal is to end the cycles of violence, and to help anyone who seeks to know. My wish is near completion, and my next step is to obtain the Mask of Light."

He stopped, then, after disseminating the vast majority of his existence to Whisper and (he realized) to Oreius in one fell swoop of words. "Now, tell us about you.

"Please."

@Nato the Traveler @Eyru

• Like 6

IC: Whisper - Kini-Koro

The titles were a tad grandiose. As she listened, Whisper wondered if Stannis - or Caedast, now - had come up with them all, or if it was simply a collection of nicknames that others had given them over their lengthy existence.

"I am Whisper, Aspect of Change," she said, once Stannis had finished speaking. "I've spent a lot of time wandering, and wondering. What I am, what I want, what I'm meant for... it wasn't until the skull fell from the skies that I finally decided to set out to find the answers. What I want is to live, what I wish for is freedom. Freedom from the fear and finality that will come for all of us when we're absorbed back into the antidermis." 

@EmperorWhenua @Eyru

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 1

IC: Triage - Near Ko-Pou

As the pair travelled by bike the landscape began to change from the sunny desert surrounding what was once Metru-Koro, to the chilly air and frozen wastes of land around the Ice Ruins and the outpost within. Muaka had been known to roam here, and Triage was thankful they were making the trip by a vehicle that could outrun the feline rahi if necessary.

Once they were close to Ko-Pou, a black-armored figure of what appeared to be a Vortixx stood out among the snow, waving her hand to signal to the medic. Worried she may have been in distress and slightly startled to see someone out all alone in this place, Triage hit the brake and the bike skidded across the ground for a moment, turning sideways and settling less than a bio away from the woman. 

"Uh, hi," he said. "You in need of something? You're not in trouble, are you?"

@Daniel the Finlander@Harvali

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"My current step is to discern the true nature and origins of our kind..." she said. Uncertain as to whether the information Stannis had already provided had fulfilled that step for her, she decided to continue. "After that... if this is all a cycle... then I need to return home and find evidence of past Aspects of Change." 

@EmperorWhenua @Eyru

• Like 1

She was fully expecting the biker to just drive by and ignore her entirely, but thankfully they drove up to her and stopped. As the two were now close, she could clearly see that it was a Toa and... a Turaga? She hadn’t seen one of those in a long time.

The concern in the Toa’s voice gave Niidak an idea which would improve her chances of getting help - for free. ”Ah, yes, thank Mata-Nui you stopped!” she exclaimed in exaggerated relief. ”You see, my hoverbike ran out of fuel in the middle of my travels. As I was continuing on foot, I was chased by a herd of wild Rahi, and I barely escaped them! Already, I had given up on my journey home and was walking back to Ko-Pou. But I was fortunate to not be alone here in the wild. Do you have a spare fuel canister or something? It would make it possible for me to continue my trip, and I would be eternally grateful.”

She felt like this wasn’t part of the whole ”trying to become a better person” ambition she had. But she’d prefer to just get some fuel and move on without having to haggle for it. Of course, knowing her luck, the Toa probably couldn’t spare any for her.

OOC: @Tarn @Harvali

• Like 1

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Oreius | Kini-Nui

"That's all well and good," Oreius said, unable to remain silent through the bombastic exchange of titles and grand plans. "But what does that mean for us? My people?"

He looked hard at both of the Aspects, well aware that that any of his potential objections or counterarguments were only bluster. He couldn't make a move against Stannis Caedast, however much he might wish to. He was bound to protect the secret of the Aspect's identity. But even so, he refused to submit quietly, and it seemed Caedast respected that, if his speech was at all truthful. So the Toa stood his ground, knowing he was outmatched before a move had been made, but unwilling to back down.

"We're all just pawns in your game, aren't we? Things to use and cast aside once the transaction is finished—if we're lucky. Otherwise, we're just obstacles to be removed." 

• Like 4

That's not to say they can't or shouldn't be removed from the board, if they start causing problems, Whisper thought to herself, warily sizing up the Ta-Toa. She kept her remarks firmly to herself as she waited to see whether Oreius intended to make himself an obstacle. 

• Like 2

"But you don't want to play anymore, do you?" Oreius frowned. "That's what all this talk of cycles is about, and escaping them. You're tired of playing the game, whatever it is. You're looking for a way out."

The metaphor had already dragged on a little long for Oreius's tastes, but he knew from experience that sometimes the only way to get through to Stannis was to play along with his figurative speech.

He looked at Caedast, then at Whisper. "You want to control fate, and you want to escape death. Neither of you want to play by the rules anymore. You want to win however you can, whether that's by fixing the dice or flipping the board, and to karz with anyone who's still playing when that happens."

• Like 3

IC: Tekmo (Kumu Peninsula, Antidermis Caldera) - All Lights Are Green

As if offended by the prospect of his own mortality, Cravious’ words shake Tekmo out of his nausea. "NO, nonono, it’ll take more than just... whatever that was to kill me... what are we doing again?"

@Unreliable Narrator@Kal the Guardian@~Xemnas~

IC: Waveahk (Kumu Peninsula) - OK, Just One More

"'Builders'? Apologies, it just seemed that you were leading me into that one."

@Sparticus147

IC: Ulkarr and Lawful (Tobduk-Koro) - Mother, Where Art Thou?

"Negative. NU-8020S has not been sighted since her departure to Kini-Koro. What is this situation you speak of, Akiri?"

Ulkarr continued to eye Kanohi’s necklace.

@Harvali

IC: NU-8020S (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Communal Table) - Antivirus Software

The Vahki’s eyes narrowed, and her tone became more aggressive. Yet more cracks were appearing in her emotionless facade.

"Only that creating new units will not replace old units. And that I would advise against uploading the virus or making any other 'modifications' to this unit."

@Tarn@BULiK

IC: Navu (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Electro Rocket Launcher) - Are You Ready to Rock?

Navu wasn’t sure about this. She turned to Arnex. "Did you wanna go first, or...?"

@BULiK@Snelly

• Like 2

IC: Apex (Kumu-Peninsula)

"I do not fully know what you do and do not already know. I might as well share all that I am willing to share to save us the trouble an time." Apex plainly said, her focus seemingly being squarely towards the northern horizon, where the sky met the trees. Was she, looking for something?

"And these Builders, from your reaction you seem to not recognize the name. That doesn't surprise me. To use another term, they were also known as the Matoran. They once lived upon the island. I know and/or remember little about them, other than that their ruins are scattered across it and that within them are the Taboos I seek."

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 1

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

As his once-brother boiled over with righteous indignation Stannis held back—held back his words, his feelings, his assessments, his truth. If Oreius were any different of a man the way to meet his words would be through supplication, understanding, and placidity, but Oreius was an angry man fueled by eons of maltreatments and mind numbing warfare that had cast his moral compass into fields of blacks and whites with no room for greys and tolerance. Stannis knew the feeling, if only from an academic viewpoint, well enough to understand the only way to sway his perspective was by offering facts and turning the conversation towards self-reflection. If he could get Oreius to look inward at his soul instead of studying the world around him, perhaps... knowledge would find a way.

"Look in your heart of hearts," he said. "Remember what you said to me. You—" he inhaled sharply, knowing what he was about to say hurt as much as it was true— "'can't lose him again.'"

A beat.

"Again.He let the memory sink in.

"Cycles happen because people let them turn, like a boat giving up control because it is in a strong current. Creation becomes destruction, order devolves to chaos, and life begets death, which begets life, which begets death, ad intinifum, ad nauseum. Cycles are pain, once-brother, and nobody truly wants to suffer pain, not even you, which is why you wished for an eternal life with your beloved. You wished for an end of cycles. My promise is to deliver knowledge for people who want it so that cycles of pain will no longer repeat. 

"We were faced with a number of pathways of Fate in those days and weeks. Ask yourself, would you have allowed things to go as they did if you had known what consequences lay in wait along all those paths? Would anyone? The answer is no... you would have done things differently, we would have chosen a different strategy, or we would have avoided conflict entirely. It is a wish you hold in your heart, and in everyone else who knows pain, to avoid it, and to never be forced to look at history with regret and sorrow. 

"So no, I do not wish to control Fate, and Whisper does not want to escape death, Oreius... you do. Would you refuse yourself what you so desperately crave?"

@Eyru @Nato the Traveler

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA- Ruins of Earth:

Updates are being downloaded. Please do not shut down your computer. 57% complete.

62% complete.

76% complete.

84% complete.

99% complete.

97% complete.

99% complete.

100% complete. Updates are being installed.

Restarting...

Citizen Pacification Unit OS Ver. N.U.V.A. unit designation K1R1 Kilo-M9 NUVA.

Rear torso and leg functionality restored. New features activated. Horizons expanded.

New waypoint has been discovered. Adding to task list.

Current tasks:

1.  Check status of allies Jutori, Kat, and Arkius.

2.  Investigate unknown waypoint.

Out of the portal emerged a fundamentally changed machine, but behind the golden glow that emitted from the visor on its new mask, Jutori and Kat could recognize the familiar gaze of their robotic companion. It took a moment, observing the now earth-filled room. No doubt it was the work of the group’s newly-created enemy. Jutori’s urgency drew the reborn robot’s attention to the whereabouts of the good half of Arkius. Stepping past the pair of toa, the mechanical enforcer began to remove what seemed like shovel-loads of dirt with each swing of its upgraded arms. Digging someone out of a cave-in was much easier than digging yourself out, and soon the face of their trapped ally was revealed, covered in mud from his predicament. A bit more digging allowed the group to pull the duplicate toa from his dirt tomb.

Did allies observe which way Enemy Arkius went?” the machine asked, though the voice that emerged was not the series of different voices taking turns the group was used to. Instead the words of the kralhi were composed of all different voices speaking at once, a harmony of different tones and intonations speaking each word in unison.

OOC: @Onaku@The UltimoScorp@Tarn@Eyru
  • Like 7

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Knichou & Taku Crew, Kini-Nui Hillside, The Taku

"Sure," Knichou said, overlooking the Vahki's concerns. "I guess that settles most of it then - when Okuo gets here we can run it by him and get his thoughts."

"But... speaking of modifications... if we're going out on a mission... I've... had some ideas for how to take your armor up a notch," the Fe-Toa said to Nale, standing up and starting to grow increasingly flustered as he continued to speak. "Not that it's bad now, I mean, you still look-" Knichou raised a finger, correcting himself on the fly "- you are great and amazing and all... but, uh... on the trip back from Po-Koro, if you'll remember, I didn't quite have enough materials to give you everything I wanted to. Since then I've just been so caught up with practicing my new power, upgrading the Taku and helping build Kini-Koro, but the point is I think I have the skills now to do youuu-" He stretched out the word, changing the sentence as he searched for better phrasing. "-'re equipment justice."

Smooth, flyboy.

~~~

"Sure, maybe you'll feel a bit more comfortable after I've shown that it's fine," Arnex said, climbing into the seat of the turret. The four rocket launchers to the right of the turret's cabin were already fully loaded - the rockets Arnex brought with her were replacements. Inside of the steel roll cage of a turret was a joystick and foot pedals that rotated the electronic contraption. After rotating the turret up and down and from side to side to gain a feel for the controls, Arnex asked Skyra for directions.

"Alright, I'm ready Skyra. What rock do you want me to try to hit?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro 

Kanohi paused, his fingers fidgeting as he drew his staff. He leaned on it, drumming his fingers in thought. Where was she? He mumbled to himself, “Strange I … haven’t seen her since the meeting in Kini-Koro. I … I will have to radio them later, see if she is still there.

He shook his head and said, “I … unfortunately it only occurred to me today, but if Arkius, Kilo, Jutori, and Kat do activate the NUVA door in the Earth Ruins, then a new portal will open in Kini-Koro. Tobduk-Koro and Ko-Pou have guards, but if another portal opens, one with no guard or village, it might allow a Skakdi raiding party, the league, or the subterranean Skakdi that raided Metru-Koro, any of them could attack Kini-Koro directly with no warning.

If Kini-Koro is attacked through the portal, it could spread to us. All of us refugees are … we are connected. I believe we need to have a more dedicated guard for the portal, both to protect us from an invasion and to liberate Kini-Koro if it falls. And … we may need to develop a way to shut off the portal. Just in case. Maybe have a Toa fill the ruins with earth, stone, or iron. It’s … all of that can be decided later. Right now we need to focus now on watching this weak spot. Especially since the Earth portal will always be a danger. Along with any other portals that activate.

Kanohi paused, “if it’s okay, contact the other Vahki, we need to prepare. And … when we have a system in place, I need to tell you a plan I thought of involving the League’s Vahki. Just … just in c-case NU c-cannot t-tell you it.” He shuddered, he … he really did not want to explore that thought. 

OOC: @Toru Nui

… 

IC “Collector” and the Big Bruiser -Tobruk-Koro Mine

The Vortixx passed a cart as they walked into the mine, the cart was mostly full of metals, but chunks of Protodermis Ore was among them. Maybe some of them would be used to forge the Kanoka Blades, or merely for disks. Maybe some launchers too, lights, whatever the village needed.

Fa-Matoran, Onu-Matoran and stronger breeds walked through the tunnels, chipping away as the walls, digging up the ore. The Matoran of Magnetism were more guides, using their biological compasses to get a sense for where ore may lay. The Onu-Matoran looked for dangers and attached lights, while the rest labored in silence.

Back to work. Your guard shift isn’t here yet,” an Onu-Matoran interrupted the sound of clinking pickaxes and creaking carts. Collector looked over to a Bruiser, who had put down her pickaxe and had started to walk from the wall. 

Humph,” the Big Bruiser pouted and walked back to the wall, scooping up her pickaxe and resuming her strikes against the rock, “Just was going to see Sucordak make disks. That’s all.

Just get to work,” sighed the Matoran of Earth, before mumbling under his breath, “not like you could understand how to forge a disk.” Collector felt themself since, that wasn’t fair. Bruisers weren’t the smartest, but the bluntness was unnecessary.

They had been far too blunt with Zadred. 

Excuse me, Big Bruiser,” Collector approached the Steltian Bruiser, “I am afraid we have need of you. Can you pass something along to the other guards? And perhaps be prepared to join us on the surface?” Her optics exploded with light, and they flinched, apologizing, “I am afraid you would be guarding the ruins, not the Forge.

She groaned and punched the cave wall, chipping off a chunk of rock. Still she turned back to him, and tried to force a grin, “Okay. At least I can fly out there. What’s the trouble?” Collector nodded, and began to explain…

IC Kardaka - the Ruins of Metru-Koro

The Turaga optics widened as she spotted the Vortixx. Was this … no, this was not the slave she had sacrificed her Toa Power to heal. Which was better, now she knew more than one of them survived. She had worried the last several millennia, if the Matoran of the Ark ever got weary of the Vortixx’s knowledge of machinery, well, disks of Reconstruct of Random were not that hard to get, at least in her memories from before the Ark. And that was if they chose not to kill them.

She spoke up, bowing her head low, “Hello, traveler. I … I do not know how much of this craft’s fuel remains, but if necessary, you could take my place on the bike. If you need any repairs for your equipment, my Kiril can repair most things, not Protosteel, but it can still mend much.

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander @Tarn

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 2

IC: Arkius and Arkius - Ruins of Earth

Unearthed from what was almost his final resting place, the unconscious Arkius still looked very much worse for wear, his body beaten and bloodied. It was clear he was going to need medical aid as soon as possible.

Toa Arkius of the NUVA Proxima strode through the pitch black corridor leading out of the temple, mulling over his next steps. It was unlikely he could get through all those Mesi on his own, as much as he would like to, and it was unlikely he could sneak away. As far as he'd learned in the time it had taken to reach this place, all those overheard words of resentment toward the surface folks and the warskaks, there was another option; bargaining.

So, as his mask began to glow, Arkius stepped out of the Ruins of Earth and boomed in as respectful a tone as he could muster. "Mesi! I have come to bargain!"

@pokemonlover360@Tarn@The UltimoScorp@Eyru

• Like 3

IC: Triage - Near Ko-Pou

Triage looked slightly skeptical, but doing a good deed was always more important than scrutinizing the person you were doing it for. He looked over his shoulder at Kardaka as the Turaga spoke, then back to the Vortixx.

"I don't know about giving you a ride, but I guess I can spare some fuel. You said you came from Ko-Pou, though--did they not have any extra there?"

@Daniel the Finlander@Harvali

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

She smiled as the Toa of Iron fumbled with his words, standing to face him. The Commander was a confident engineer and airship pilot, but when it came to women he always seemed so nervous about saying the wrong thing. Nale found it cute.

She gently placed a hand on Knichou's chest to reassure him. "I always like to hear your ideas. I want to be operating at 100% for this ship at all times, and...I like playing with new toys."

@BULiK@Toru Nui

IC: Jutori - Earth Ruins

"Not really...things just sort of happened," Jutori said to the changed Kilo, wincing as he got to his feet. He almost didn't recognize the unit, especially not the harmony of voices coming from it. "I went to check on Kat, then we almost got buried. He's probably retracing our steps back through the tunnels, but I don't know how he plans to get by the Skakdi out there."

@Onaku@pokemonlover360@The UltimoScorp

• Like 5

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Mouth of Irnakk’s Tooth

Viltia peered down into the foul, acrid smoke, trying her best to see something she could teleport to as she stood at the top of the volcano. She really needed to get a move on and talk to the Remaker. She was slightly apprehensive about doing so, but she told herself that she shouldn’t be concerned. She had already seen Irnakk through Boss’ memories and also experienced the emotions that went along with traversing the tunnel that was the normal entrance. The god of nightmares was just that. A god of bad dreams. Maybe once she got to know him, like she had with Nektann, she would find him to be much more agreeable and pitiable. Who knows, maybe he was trapped down there and she could merge with him and help him to leave. Then for sure he would answer her questions.... Well, the Admin’s question.

She grabbed her mask of Flight, ready to quick swap it out, and attempted to teleport as far down into the mouth of the volcano as she could, her tethers ready to catch her and her hands ready to swap masks so she could fly.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Vezok's Friend @Eyru

• Like 2

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

13 hours ago, Eyru said:

"You want to control fate, and you want to escape death. Neither of you want to play by the rules anymore. You want to win however you can, whether that's by fixing the dice or flipping the board, and to karz with anyone who's still playing when that happens."

"The difference between us is that when the game is over, your kind get to step away from the board and continue your lives. We get swept up and reset with the rest of the pieces." Whisper replied. "I don't want to cheat death, because death as you know it is a privilege that my kind don't even get to enjoy." 

@EmperorWhenua @Eyru

• Like 2

IC [Metru Koro Ruins]

The many-eyed lizard watched eagerly as the Toa and their newfound Turaga companion turned to leave, hidden underneath a bunch of bushes that were growing in the shadows of the ruined hut, happy that it had gone unspotted so far. The lizard had been rather worried about that possibility. 

It had made its way down from the rooftop perch and into the former astronomers living quarters, staying out of sight of the Toa leading the duo by going underneath the little furniture that remained. It briefly stopped next to a mug that was overgrown with thick moss that had managed to cover a little bit of the floor already. It was hard to tell at this time of day, but the moss was actually somewhat bioluminescent. Following the growth to a crack in the wall off to the side from where the much larger hole was, the lizard had found its way outside, where it hid underneath the bushes. 

And there it had sat motionless, observing the proceedings, annoyed and a bit scared. After all its shrubbery hiding place was far from ideal - after all, the stupid bush would pulse with an unnatural glow every so often at irregular intervals.

At last the Toa left and the little critter relaxed. Hiding had been rather stressful, so it felt hungry. It looked at the bush and began munching down on the lower leaves that were in reach. They were rather tasty, so it ate some more - until it suddenly hiccupped. And as it did - pop - it’ s spine suddenly grew yellow spikes. It twisted its neck to see.

Oh, that is gnarly!

IC: [Nixie - Kini-Koro, Po-Kou Shelter]

As the doors to the shelter opened, Nixie looked from her perch at the new arrivals, but otherwise stayed put. The same could not be said about the other afflicted Matoran she’d gotten in a row with earlier, they jumped back to their feet, bristling at the unexpected visitors.

They moved forward aggressively, jaws snapping, but stopped just short of where Klawne stood, as if there was an invisible line drawn in front of her feet that they dared not cross.

OOC: @Snelly@Toru Nui@Onaku

• Like 5

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Some good news again - maybe her luck was finally starting to turn for the better. But now, it was time to accompany a lie with truth.

"They don't give out fuel for free, and I don't have widgets to spare. Most refugees are dirt poor, you know. Not that I bothered asking - the guards there weren't particularly friendly. They're on high alert because of some strange infection among the Matoran that turns them into Rahi."

She then turned to the shorter Turaga. "Mask of fixing things, eh? Well, I might just have something for you." Niidak reached out into her satchel and pulled out the telescope she had found in the ruins, its lense cracked. "I have this telescope which is in poor shape. Maybe you could repair it?" That would surely boost its value on the market.

OOC: @Tarn @Harvali

• Like 2

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Okuo - Ko-Pou

Pots bubbled and pans sizzled on pale blue flames, the pleasant aroma of a simple but hearty meal being prepared wafting throughout the guardhouse from the kitchen. The sound of a knife swiftly chopping up some vegetables was barely heard over the choir of other noises, though the loud sizzling of the chopped up greens being thrown onto the pan overpowered the cacophony. Okuo swiftly turned his attention back to the bubbling pot, stirring its contents for a bit while sprinkling some dried herbs in. Supper was on the way.

• Like 2