Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Reliable Narrator | Suva of Water

Drokk looked up at the watchtower. It stood alone on an island populated otherwise only by scraggly trees and crabs. It had once been two stories tall, but it was now falling apart. Its walls were bleached by the sun. Its stones were worn smooth by the wind. Parts of it had fallen down, letting sand and water in. Plants bloomed out of every nook and cranny, mosses and lichens having reclaimed this piece of civilization long ago.

If she stepped inside, she would see a circular room full of sand and puddles of salty water. What had once been furniture was now driftwood scattered here and there. A staircase led up to what remained of the second floor, and also led down. The stairs were little more than packed earth and rotting floorboards, but they looked sturdy enough to hold her weight.

IC: Tuyet | Throne Room

"Go ahead and stop me, then, big guy," Tuyet said to Xaril, beckoning with both hands in a come at me kind of way. "But first, let me know where your mom lives. I'll leave pieces of your corpse in her mailbox in, like, ten different timelines."

The two beings faced each other, neither blinking. Then Aurax broke the silence, and Tuyet jerked her head in acknowledgement.

"Sure thing, Spooks. Like what?"

IC: Spiriah | Spiriah's Labyrinth

"No." Spiriah's voice was hard. Perhaps this final insult had pushed his patience past his limit. "Not conceding, you little figment of imagination. Ascending."

The Mesi serving as Spiriah's voicebox suddenly crumpled to the ground. The shadows, gathered and coiled in preparation, flung themselves at Arkius with deadly intent. A dozen spears of darkness lanced through the air from every direction. Silent as nightfall and sharp as knives, their wielder directed them to skewer the presumptuous toa from every angle.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kumu Peninsula

Dark clouds hung heavy in the sky as Whira and Cravious ascended their shadowy stairs. The tower loomed above them. It was difficult to tell where the cliff ended and the building began: the temple was built directly into the cliff, and its spires seemed to emerge naturally out of the rocky face as if formed naturally over million of years. Its edges were crude and its windows were few, but what it lacked in beauty it made up for in menace. It was a cold, cruel place.

Yet it was not entirely lifeless. As the pair approached the entrance to the main tower, which gaped open like a mouth, they saw lichens and mosses clinging to the rocky walls and peeking out of its crevices. Strands of ivy laddered the rough-hewn sides of the structure, and algae grew out of the cracks between its stones. Water dripped down its surface, forming miniscule streams that trickled down the mist-wreathed cliffside to the ground far below.

As the pair passed under the shadow of the doorway, they felt a sense of unease come creeping over them. Even Whira, who was unaccustomed to fear, was surprised to find that she felt a slight sense of trepidation as she crossed the threshold and stepped into the temple. The interior was as dark and cold as the inside of a tomb. Even though the open door stood behind them, the scant daylight seemed to immediately become lost in the gloom. Of course, darkness was nothing to an Aspect. Whira examined her surroundings and saw that she and Cravious stood in the entryway to a long, dark hallway. The floor underfoot was rough stone, and the walls were the same. As she took a few tentative steps forward, she saw two doorways ahead: one on her left that contained a set of stairs spiraling downward, and one on her right that revealed a set of stairs spiraling up. The main hallway continued straight ahead into a darkness even her eyes could not pierce.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Relic Fields.

The emergency kit contained a pack of bandages, a thin blanket, an empty canteen, and a battered-looking flare gun with a single flare.

Niidak tried the handle to the closed door, but it was locked.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini-Nui

Kilo climbed up the mech and pulled itself into the front seat of the open cockpit. Its limbs shook with exhaustion: opening the door had taken all the energy it had. Sinking into the silicone of the seat, the Kralhi found it to be much more comfortable than the seat in Atamai's mech, although it was sure the seat had looked exactly the same only a moment ago. The seat had also changed to match Kilo's favorite color. Perhaps the robotic NUVA's tired circuits were crossing. The rest of the cockpit looked nearly identical to the other mech, but Kilo felt a strange sense of kinship that it hadn't felt before. Unbidden, its mind drifted back to the memory of the placcid lake it had envisioned during the NUVA awakening. Its feet rested on the still water, and another pair stood beneath, like a mirror. At the time, the shape had been dark and unrecognizable. But now Kilo knew exactly what it had seen.

Without prompting, the cockpit began to close. It slid back into the spine of the ACR between the armored shoulder blades. It sealed with a hiss, and everything was dark for a moment, but it was not a dangerous darkness. It was quiet and calm, like the moment before the sun rises. Glowing circuitry began to light up, illuminating the walls the ceiling, the floor, and even Kilo itself. The machine was waking up.

As it awoke, the ACR jostled and shifted, but Kilo didn't need to worry about keeping its balance. A sort of magnetic seatbelt tugged at its body, keeping it fastened to the seat. It was not uncomfortable or restricting. It just felt safe. Kilo raised its hand, feeling around for some kind of control panel, but it was greeted instead by the shrieking noise of tearing metal. It felt the ACR rip free of its metallic bonds, and then it had pushed itself up onto all fours and begun crawling towards the light of the tunnel's entrance. Each step seemed to shake the ground. Kilo found it could not feel worried about the mech's imminent exit, even though it was barely in control: the Kralhi was lost in the machine's excitement, its yearning for freedom. Then everything became light and Kilo realized the ACR now stood tall above the Kini-Nui, looking down on the ground a hundred feet below.

This ACR was a machine, and yet it was more—much like Kilo itself. It was alive; it trembled with excitement and battle-lust. The Kralhi could feel the warmth of the sun as it dipped in the sky; it could feel the cool wind as it passed over the mountains, carrying the barely-perceptible salt-smell of the sea. Everything felt new and strange, and yet it also felt familiar, like reuniting with an old friend. The hands that swayed in the air, and played with the tips of the trees did not belong to Kilo, but it could assume control of them with the slightest thought. Its will passed effortlessly over them, almost like it was possessing them. Puffing clouds of steam vented from the mech's mouth, keeping time to Kilo's own internal clock. 

At some point in the past minute, its powers had fully returned. Its batteries and energy reserves were completely renewed. Not only that, but it felt even stronger. More than NUVA, Kilo felt as strong as three of its kind. And with each passing moment, Kilo felt more comfortable existing in this shared space. It was both pilot and mech; it was simultaneously driver and vehicle. It looked up, and saw Atamai's ACR from a new perspective, and a warm sense of kinship blossomed in its chest. The mech recognized its kin. And as it recognized one of its own, it spoke. It was a voice without gender or breed, and it spoke both in Kilo's mind and through the mouth of the titanic machine:

"I am Patiwairutiki, Great Kaita of Prosperity, bound in my casket and shroud. My strength is unmatched, and my purpose is clear as the dawn. My pilot is K1R1 Kilo-M9 NUVA, one blessed in the light of Tren Krom.” 

A spear appeared in the ACR's hand. It had not been there a moment ago, but now there it was: as cold and solid and real as any weapon could be. Its shaft was illustrated with dozens of etchings of planets and constellations, each unique, and each visible in the night sky should the intrepid astronomer know where to look. The long blade at the tip looked as thin and delicate as a leaf, but it was sharp enough to cut the wind. Kilo felt where the weapon had originated: the suva kaita down in the center of the Kini-Nui. Patiwairutiki had called the weapon up to its hand with only a thought, choosing it from a vast cache of other weapons designed for the slaughter of the great rite-born monsters. 

The ACR raised a fist to its kin, and Malhukuraia returned the gesture. The two titanic fists connected in the traditional toa salute, sending a boom echoing across the valley that sent the birds scattering from the trees.

"I now give myself to my pilot," Patiwairutiki said. Kilo could feel the presence of the kaita even as they submitted to their pilot's will. It raised its six eyes and looked out over the mountains, whose slopes were slowly deepening from gray to blue as the sun sank down towards the western horizon.

IC: Reliable Narrator | The Wastes

As Barius's life trickled onto his bed and stained the sheets, Nektann raised his head and unleashed a mighty bellow. The Tahtorak's cry split the clouds that surrounded him and shook the mountains down to their very bones. The rain fell harder, washing hills into plains and turning the wastes into a vast, silty swamp. The winds blew harder, tearing rocks from the cliffs and throwing them to the ground. The clouds swirled and thickened until the sky was black as pitch. He turned, and his tail made rubble of a mountain as he turned. He began lumbering south, weeping with rage and loss.

• Like 7

IC: Knichou, Kini-Nui, Bunker Entrance

So, that made two NUVA who were unwilling to help Knichou ensure the safety of the Matoran. He wasn't sure what was worse - them gaining power and using it wildly, or them gaining power and not using it at all. As the newest NUVA drove it's mech out of the tunnel, Knichou looked to his next opportunity. Perhaps the engineer could be most persuasive when addressing the cold logic of a machine. Despite that, Knichou knew he would have to take this chance much more carefully than before.

"Enjoy your playdate, then," Knichou said dismissively to the two NUVA, walking towards Patiwairutiki instead. Investigating this defective Exo-Toa would be intriguing, but there were much more important things to do, and letting it destroy itself killing a few untethered was an acceptable outcome. That energized protodermis couldn't be left unguarded, and while Knichou could lift the container with his powers, the ex-Ghost knew of the perfect way to make that easier and get a shot at having one of the most powerful beings on the island ensure his success tomorrow.

"Hey big guy, can I take a tour of the new ride?" Knichou queried the mech and it's pilot. "I need to do some heavy lifting for Vulimai and piloting that would surely help."

OOC: @pokemonlover360

IC: Taku Crew, Kini-Nui Lakeside, The Taku

On the bridge of the Taku, Berys listened to the radio, taking a few mental notes on the new information revealed in the broadcast. The Commander might want to hear about this.

Back in the meeting room, Arnex responded to Skyra. "Wonderful. As you can see, up here on the upper deck, we have our artillery hardpoints, armory, bridge, and cabins," she began, pointing in the relevant directions as she spoke. The Onu-Matoran wanted to make this quick, and thus didn't linger on any particular object. She began to walk down one of the staircases on either side of the entrance ramp's room. "If you'll follow me down to the lower deck, you'll see where we store most of our supplies, as well as the Kahu, and have our anti-personnel weapon emplacements - LMGs to the bow, kanoka launchers to the stern."

Edited by BULiK
taku geography confusion
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC, Whira: Kumu Peninsula (Fortress)

Whira studied the choices in front of her for moment. "I think the best course of action here will be to split up," she said to Cravious. "I will go up the staircase to the right, and you can go down the stairs to the left. We'll see what we find at their ends. I'll check in with you telepathically. Once we've finished exploring, we'll meet back here and see what is through that hallway." She then strode forward and began to ascend the stairs up the tower.

OOC: @Eyru @Kal the Guardian

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

Aurax smiled and stood up. He approached Tuyet, opening the dome of his ACR as he did. He stopped in front of her, leaned forward, and whispered something in her ear low enough so that Xaril and the lesterin wouldn't hear.

"I want you to bring me the Mask of Creation."

OOC: @Eyru @Nato the Traveler @BULiK

• Like 4

IC: Zadred - Ruins of Stone

"Oh, those guys. They're called Mesi. You’re not wrong, they are Skakdi... sort of. I think we share a common ancestor. They live underground in this big network of tunnels and caverns. Only ever come topside to cause trouble. Though it’s not as if we above ground do anything different."

"They're pretty scary, from what I've heard." Came the youthful voice of Zadred from the entrance into the portal room, the soft signature clanging of her staff against the stone floor echoing quietly through the space as she approached Enra and Avka, a faint but friendly smile on her features. "Though I suppose others might say the same about Skakdi in general..."

@Toru Nui@Harvali

• Like 3

IC: Waveahk (Fau Swamp, Ruins of Air) - Rahkshi Rock

"Sorry, did you say something? All I heard was the word 'rock'."

@Sparticus147

IC: Ostrox (Kini-Koro, Bunker, Exterior) - Bunker Down

"How unfortunate, because there is no other way. Stannis claims to be working on something, but for all I know he intends to sacrifice the non-Matoran population of this cesspit as an appeasement... what’s all the commotion over there, I wonder?" Ostrox wandered closer towards the bunker.

@Sparticus147

IC: NU-8020S (Kini-Koro, The Taku) - Information Download

"I am not technically part of the crew, but thank you for this information."

@BULiK@Tarn@Snelly

IC: Enra (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone) - Unexpected Guest

Enra’s eyes widened when she heard Zadred’s voice, quickly turning around to address her. She hadn’t expect her to show up. "Oh, uh, hey Zadred. Just, er, watching this magic portal for intruders. Also, not entirely sure if you’re supposed to be here or not, so..."

@Onaku@Harvali

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 2

IC: Skyra Daring - The Taku, Kini-Nui -

Skyra slipped away as the tour began, because of course she did. She'd already been given the tour after all, and she wanted to see what the heck was going on outside. 

The Toa of Air was not disappointed as she saw the massive Kaita ACR, she gasped. 

"Oh my god, I want one." 

IC: Varian - Kini-Nui -

"That is acceptable." Varian said with a nod to Sidra, he could wait a day, he'd waited for eons after all. The Exo-Toa turned to glance at the massive Kaita ACR, it was hard not too. 

OOC: @Tarn @BULiK @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler @Sparticus147 @~Xemnas~

• Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

"Huh," she chuckled, watching as the new mech emerged from the bunker. "So that's what it's like seeing this from the ground." 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Xaril - Throne Room

Xaril stood in stony silence, glowering at the petulant Ga-Toa. He had no counter for her childish quips; telling her his mother had perished horribly millenia ago didn't exactly feel like an own. So instead he said nothing, and waited in the hope that Aurax was about to give him an order he really wanted to hear.

• Like 3

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Apex (Fau Swamp, Air Suva)

"Rahkshi, that is what these murals depict. They were tools of my kind, swift and deadly, wielders of great power. I just...I just don't remember how to make more of them. Though I feel like I once knew this rite." Apex said curiously, before frustration took her as she growled and roared out a curse. "Curse this veil of shadow over my mind, may all those who conspiring placed this fog upon me, may the teeth of the earth and the fingers of roots take their rotting corpses." 

Calming herself, she turned her gaze upon Waveahk before continuing her gaze past him to the doorway. "The Taboo we sought has been taken, only a figment of it remained. I do not know whom has claimed it, but I do not believe they will be willing to share such secrets. Come Waveahk, join me in my hunt." Taking a single step, her claws against the floor, the tips of them lightly digging into the surface, as she made her way towards the doorway, waiting for Waveahk to follow.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Eyru

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui)

"If that is Stannis' plan, than he'll have to deal with me and the host of the guard." Vulimai said as she followed after Ostrox, the great Kaita Mechs standing above the gathered individuals. "So Knichou, mind filling me in on the conversation here? I've only gotten bits and pieces, like the League and the Vahki?" Vulimai said, planting her hands on her hips as she stared towards the Toa aggressively.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @BULiK @Toru Nui @~Xemnas~

• Like 3

Knichou had almost forgotten how close Vulimai was, given how long the conversation with Stannis and now Sidra had ensued without her presence. While he waited for Kilo to process his request, he turned to look at the guardsmatoran.

"Oh that? I was talking to the NUVA about what Stannis and Ostrox were saying, and then I caught them up on Kanohi and the Vahki's proposal. Apparently Sidra knows more about this Mata Nui situation than we realize. Do you know about Le-Metru Nuva? They're a swamp village that hasn't been in contact with the wider world. Apparently dozens and dozens of untethered grouped up into one giant beast and attacked their village a month ago, and Sidra thinks that was Mata Nui controlling them all as a singular consciousness. Are you aware of this situation? Because it was news to me and definitely should be taken into account for future planning."

Knichou looked to the sky as if he was forgetting something, then looked back at Vulimai with a relieved expression that indicated his recollection was successful.

"Oh yeah, and in case you didn't see Sorilax," the Nynran jabbed a thumb over his shoulder at the aspect that was lazily lying on the grass nearby, unmoving. "Apparently he created something called 'Rahkshi' with the energized protodermis that came out of the mech bunker. I've sealed the rest of it in that tank, which you should probably keep under guard. It was able to bring Atamai and Sidra back to life when they opened their doors, but apparently it's useful for the dark magic of this land. Whatever it can be used for, I think it should be kept under lock and key so no Aspect can create an army of lizard robots without your approval. Perhaps Whisper knows more about the ways it can be used?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

"Most of that is correct, and I'd be happy to discuss the details with your further," Sidra said smoothly, turning towards the Matoran she'd met earlier, "But what your pal here is neglecting to mention is that he also tried to persuade me to bring my mech..." she pointed up at Kilo and Atamai's mechs to emphasise what she was referring to, "...to Metru Nui to help him steal their Vahki. He even offered to give Le-Metru Nuva a hive or two as payment."

• Like 3

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"See? They're all caught up on the plan Kanohi and his Vahki buddy proposed. They were saying they'd be going to Metru-Nui soon and I was curious if their power would lower the risk enough to persuade you to reconsider your delay of the operation."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

"Are you out of your Karzing mind!" Fury was in the Commander's voice, her jabbing a finger in the Toa's direction. "Were you not listening earlier when I said that Kini-Koro will not be supporting this. We have bigger problems other than Aurax and your petty grudge with him. What Sidra has shared being evident of that, that the Untethered won't be stuck around Metru-Nui forever and that we need to deal with the existential threat that is Mata-Nui and his army of the dead." She waved her hand behind herself, in the general direction of where the head of Mata-Nui laid, thankfully out of immediate sight from within the valley.

OOC: @BULiK @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 3

IC: Skyra Daring - Kini-Nui -

Skyra absolutely wanted a massive mech like that, so she looked for the smartest person she could find, which just so happened to be her new boss. He was wearing that mask of creation after all, the one that Sans had fought so hard to keep from Pridak before he kicked the bucket. So it seemed like a good of time as any.

It wasn't very long before Knichou felt the Toa of Air tugging on his arm as she disregarded any notion of personal space. "Hey hey hey...how do you get one of those ####ing big mechs over there? I want one...use that mask to make one or something." 

• Like 2

"And I made it clear to Knichou that I also wouldn't be supporting such a plan," Sidra said. "I have no desire to drag the people of Le-Metru Nuva into a new war with the League. They walked a very long, dangerous path to establish their new home far away from the last one." 

• Like 3

IC: Waveahk (Fau Swamp, Ruins of Air) - Why Walk When You Can Float?

"Off to greener pastures, then?" Waveahk floated across the stone floor, following Apex outside.

@Sparticus147

IC: Ostrox and NU-8020S (Kini-Koro, Bunker, Exterior) - Robots and Bigger Robots

Ostrox made a faux-surprised expression and started shaking his fist in a deliberately comical manner at Knichou. "Curse your sudden and inevitable betrayal!" He said, deliberately making it difficult to tell if he was joking or not.

NU-8020S also wanted one of those colossal mechanized techno-giants, but kept that to herself. She scuttled to where the commotion was. "Are we departing soon? We waste valuable time with each passing distraction. Furthermore, I doubt there is storage capacity for these mechanisms aboard the ship."

@BULiK@Snelly@Sparticus147@Nato the Traveler@~Xemnas~@Tarn

IC: Enra (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone) - Now You're Thinking With Portals

"Well, uh, the Akiri thinks there’s gonna be some trouble over there pretty soon. Apparently the portal network is growing faster than expected, and there’s concern over nasty characters coming in through the other side. Might not be safe, is all."

@Onaku@Harvali

• Like 3

IC: [Nixie - Kini-Koro, Po-Kou Shelter]

The afflicted continued to snarl and growl, but not as aggressively as before. They nervously moved back and forth, pacing one moment, turning in place the next. Restless. They switched from looking at their ‘visitors’ to the Turaga, and Klawne thought there was something pleading in their eyes. They were obviously hurting, but if it was due to the psionic attempts to force them to remain calm or something stemming from their condition itself, she couldn’t tell.

Nixie meanwhile, twitched and backed away from Vashni at the unexpected mental conversation, but only for an instant. She caught herself and stood up, meeting the Toa’s eyes, though she still remained on guard, spikes along her spine standing up straight and shivering ever so slightly. This was different from the conversation with the other Toa the night she’d changed. There had been no direct link, just the interpretation via his mask.

For Vashni the contact was confusing. No instant connection, instead it was more like trying to listen to somebody trying to speak underwater. There was definitely an intelligence behind the transformed Matoran, but it had to fight to make itself heard.

:...understand...you...yes:

:...your...name?:

OOC: @Toru Nui @Snelly

• Like 4

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Vashni - Ko-Pou Shelter -

Vashni smiled, she was getting somewhere, even if the connection felt a bit alien, Nixie had responded. She raised a finger towards her comrades behind her, she didn't want to lose this. 

.:I'm Vashni. I heard about what happened to you and the others here and I want to help. I have the power to reverse mutations, but I'm afraid to use it before I understand what has happened to you. Can you tell me anything?:.

@Onaku @Vezok's Friend @Tarn @Toru Nui

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 2

Knichou crossed his arms and leaned back slightly as Vulimai exploded in rage. However, his face expressed boredom more than anything - it seemed like every little thing he did caused Vulimai to get angry, and by now it would take a lot for anything she said to faze him. When her spiel was over and after Sidra had finished doing her very best to throw him under the vahki transport further (She's still angry at me for Metru Nui, isn't she? That spiteful hapaka...) he opened his mouth to speak... and subsequently shut it as a surprisingly childish soldier began tugging at his arm and begging for shiny new toys of mass destruction.

"Fine, Skyra, I'll make you one of those robots..." Knichou conceded. He held a finger to Vulimai and Sidra that said wait and turned to the Toa of air. He put a hand on her shoulder, closed his eyes, and looked downwards as if in prayer, hoping the Le-Toa would do the same. He mumbled quietly so that just she could hear, doing his best Stannis impression.

"Gears. Inserted. Arms. Ball-Jointed. Big Guns. Bigger. Lime Green. Abra Cadabra'd. Amen."

He reached behind Skyra's head with his other hand and when he pulled it back in front of her, it was holding an action figure of Patiwairutiki, made of strange plastic pieces and with surprisingly playful gear functions to swing the arms as well as functional miniature zamor launchers that he certainly hoped Skyra wouldn't shoot at anyone's optics.

"There you go," the Nynran said to finish the surprisingly elaborate prank. He certainly hoped it lightened the mood. Turning back to Vulimai, he went on to make his point, ignoring the vahki for now.

"Yes, of course, Commander," he began, a rare sign of respect for the Vo-Matoran. "And that's exactly what they are doing. They're the monster hunters, I'm just trying to plan for the security of Kini-Koro against the non-supernatural threats. We can have people focus on solving multiple problems at once, it doesn't hurt to consider our options. From the sounds of things, Mata Nui is a threat but not as much of a threat as people think, given they were able to fight him off in the swamps, without the element of surprise or the giant robots like they'll have in their hunt tomorrow. Don't you trust Atamai and Stannis to handle that situation? I'm more concerned about Aurax and the Warskaks right now, we don't know what either of them are up to and should be prepared for both, that's what I've been outfitting the Taku for."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 6

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

Councilor Kanohi flinched and looked away., “I … I am not sure I should give you orders. But, we need to prepare…” He mustered his courage and said “Okay, we need to locate Councilor NU, but in the meantime, we need to have a way of knowing what’s going on Kini-Koro, in case someone invades through the Earth Ruins portal. Maybe a Vahki Staff could do that.

Kanohi paused, and said, “I do not know all the details, but I believe your Vahki team traveled much of the island beforehand. Did you encounter any threats that might attack from the Earth Ruins?

He suddenly felt Ulkarr’s visage glaring at him, though it was likely in his head. Quietly he said, “There … is something I need to discuss with the Vahki. It is about your kin who currently serve the League. I … do not know if this would be a personal topic, but until Councilor NU returns, I will need to plan with the rest of your team. I … do not feel comfortable with a Matoran solely making the decisions here.

OOC: @Toru Nui Sorry it’s been so long, hopefully I have not forgotten any details.

IC Mahrika - The Great Telescope

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran winced and nodded, “I … yes, brother, the sword.” She looked at the Flame Sword in her hand and sighed, “If … if at all possible, if we can recover a different sword, I would like to exchange it for this blade right now. But, the Crystal Blade of the Archipeligo, it’s here.

Ollem watched as Mahrika’s blade shimmered, before replacing with that of the Crystal Blade. She held its blade in her left hand and it’s hilt in her right, standing on her tippy toes to offer it to her brother.

Something was wrong here. She … this was no Toa she served, but this being had a link to her mind? That was too much like the staves of the Vahki. Mahrika, could he trust her? And even if she was trustworthy, could this brother of hers override her will. Something was … his hand strayed towards his cloaking device, just in case. But she … they had traveled together long enough, so for now he just waited.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

IC Minion Avka - Ruins of Stone

Avka swallowed, uneasy with two Skakdi here. Still, Zadred seemed civilized, a credit to her breed. So they coughed, speaking their wandering thoughts out loud, “There also appears to be a new defense system in the ruins, though none of us have meddled with it yet.

They paused, they … they should not trust savages, but Zadred, well they needed to alert the Koro. “I … Tobruk-Koro has attempted to scout the landscape to the west, but much of it is now made of canyons. We can no longer reach the ruins of Po-Koro. If … if those had been tunnels that now are exposed, and even if they weren’t, the Earth Ruins were likely buried by the crash of … Metru-Nui. If that is the domain of these savages, we will need to warn the Akiri that Mesi might come through the Earth Ruins portal, as well as that a new defense system exists.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Onaku

• Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Her expression skewed into incredulity when she noticed the Fe-Toa's bored expression, it only growing more annoyed at Skyra's spontaneous appearance. If she had veins like a purely flesh and blood being, they would be prominently throbbing at the stress she was feeling. "You see the thing is Knichou," She could hardly keep up her professionalism and hold back her anger. "Aurax, if he is a threat, is on the bottom of the list of potential threats. I don't doubt Aurax is planning something, but to strike first would only justify his plans and give him the right to strike out against us in retaliation."

"If you want to have an issue to deal with; than shore up the defenses of Tobduk-Koro, ensure that no threats will come from the Earth Portal, give Kini-Koro more of a fighting chance. Anything but doing the exact same thing that led to the destruction and abandonment of Metru-Koro."

OOC: @BULiK @Nato the Traveler @~Xemnas~ @Toru Nui

• Like 2

IC: Sidra - Kini-Koro

"Okay, sorry, who is this Aurax guy everyone keeps talking about?" Sidra interjected. "I've been out of the loop for... a while. Which wouldn't be a problem, except it's sounding more and more like this situation is about to become my problem." 

• Like 3

Skyra stared at the toy in her hands for a good minute. She thought about being mad about this, but in hindsight, asking someone to make something that massive out of thin air was asking a bit much when she thought about it. She started playing with the thing in her hands, making the gears move. 

"Oh Aurax? I helped him and Stannis kill Pridak. He's kind of a prick." She started shooting the little zamor launchers, mainly at Knichou, though some ended up flying towards the others as well. 

• Like 4

Knichou sighed, his adaptive armor forming a momentarily thickened plate on the side of his Kanohi as a plastic zamor glanced off of it.

"This isn't the same as what Sans did - in fact, Stannis's pre-emptive strike against Pridak is the only reason Metru-Koro survived long enough to relocate, so don't try to compare me to Sans. In fact, Sans did the exact thing you want me to do - turtle up inside our walls and hope we can survive whatever comes our way. We've negotiated with Aurax, and will continue to as long as we can. But that doesn't rule out looking at all the options we have. Shoring up Tobduk-Koro's defenses is exactly what Councilor Kanohi was proposing by this operation. You're yelling at me like I've done anything wrong, when all I've done is think of new ways to improve the same plan you approved of this morning."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

IC: Rose (MC) - The Taku

What did it mean by this?

Rose decided to wonder about the Vahki's words later as she was taken on a tour of the ship by Arnex. As the Onu-Matoran walked down the staircase, Rose paused and got a devilish gleam in her optic. "LMGs? Are they...detachable?"

@BULiK@Toru Nui

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 4

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Arnex, Kini-Nui Lakeside, The Taku, Staircase

"Are they - uh... they're mounted on tripods - I don't know if anyone has uh, tried. They're very heavy and you'd need a way to carry the ammo belt..."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

IC: Arnex, Kini-Nui Lakeside, The Taku, Lower Deck

"I'll... take your word for it." As much as Arnex wanted to see feats of strength, she had a feeling that Rose might make a mess of the tripods and that would require some explaining when Knichou got back. With them both at the lower deck, she scratched her head. Normally tours went from bottom to top, but Skyra already showed Rose the top. "That's mostly it - you probably don't care for inspecting the engines, and I presume your wife already showed you the cabins and where the bridge was, Knichou's office, et cetera. Oh yeah, there are ball turrets at the top and bottom of the ship with dual zamor launchers, you might have seen those from the outside."

Arnex pointed to a nearby open hatch with a ladder descending to a transparent bubble outside the hull.

Edited by BULiK
final edit for the taku tour geography confusion
  • Like 3

"You folks have quite the deal here--this feels like a luxury liner. Just with guns." Rose looked where Arnex was pointing, another devious thought forming in her head. She walked over to the hatch and leaned inside. "Can I...get a closer look?"

@BULiK

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"Uhhhh... I don't know, you're just taking a tour, right? I don't know what Knichou would think of non-crew getting inside of a turret..."

• Like 2

IC: Tuyet | Throne Room

"Cool. No problem," Tuyet said, snapping her fingers. "I'll get right on it right after I finish, you know, saving the world."

IC: Reliable Narrator | Mysterious Temple, Kumu Peninsula

Whira cautiously began to ascend the spiraling staircase. The stairs were steep and worn smooth by the passage of time. There was no handrail, or anything else to aid in her ascent. As she turned the corner, she saw the steps led up to another hallway. She stepped up, only to come face to face with Cravious, who had been about to start descending.

• Like 3

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Koro)

Turning her attention to the NUVA, she quickly answered their question, with a bit more detail than Skyra's basic explanation. "He is the current ruler of Metru-Nui and the remnants of the League. He apparently is the traitorous type, as evidence with him turning against Pridak and claiming the throne. Apparently, some form of pact between him and Stannis exists that at least dissuades him from attacking us."

She was starting to compose herself, the brief distraction of Sidra's question bringing her back to focus. Then Knichou compared her to Sans. She scowled at the Toa, as if he had said one of the most vulgar things either of them could have imagined. Her face was red, it showing through her darkened mask as her eyes gleamed like vengeful daggers. "Let me get this straight. You think I'm acting like Sans? Tell me, do you know why the bombing happened? Why negotiations failed? Oh I don't know, it might've had something to do with Sans, antagonizing a continuation of a war we were not prepared for."

"And I don't know what plan you're talking about, unless you are talking about removing the Vahki from Aurax's control. Because if that is the plan you are talking about, then let me make myself clear. Kini-Koro will not strike the first blow. And if you so much as leave this valley without a thorough explanation on what you are doing, then I will personally renounce you to Aurax and inform him of what you are doing. This is not happening, end of discussion."

OOC: @BULiK

• Like 4

IC: Sidra – Kini-Nui

“Just when I thought this couldn’t get any dumber…” Sidra sighed. “You idiots won. You assassinated the leader of the League. Very noble and heroic of you. And now you want to rob the guy who helped you pull it off, and risk reigniting the conflict in the process?”

She winced as a plastic sphere pinged off her cheek.

“I’m not going to stand here and pretend to be some paragon of moral virtue or whatever. I’ve done plenty of things you people would call abhorrent, and frankly I’m proud of a fair few of them. So if anything, Knichou, that should make my words all the more meaningful when I say this is the single dumbest idea I’ve heard since that time you tried to argue you were worthy of taking the power of time for yourself.”

• Like 5

"Cool, got it," the Fe-Toa told Vulimai, sensing it was futile to try to get her to see what he meant in her current state. "That wrap it up? I've got a mech to test drive and some super juice to move. About that, you never respon-"

Sidra spoke up, which despite his best efforts, made Knichou's optics roll. He turned to the former dark hunter with an amused look on his face.

"Are we really going to get into that argument again, Sidra? Might I remind you that the entire universe exploded? But please, tell me how a Nynrah Ghost would have made things worse than a bratty Toa of water who caused the timelines to go to Karzahni in the first place! Worthiness wasn't my argument - I was talking raw practicality. Don't lecture me on worthiness, Dark Hunter. Worthiness is a useless metric; if reality cared about who was 'worthy', none of us would have survived the collapse!"

IC: Arnex, Kini-Nui Lakeside, The Taku, Lower Deck

"But you want to touch a - fine. Just don't turn off the safety."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

"Yeah yeah, I know how to use guns." Rose climbed down the hatch and took her seat in the zamor ball turret. It was a bit of a tight fit for the Ta-Toa, but she made it work. Her finger hovered over the safety, temptation to test-fire the weapons threatening the nearby mountains for a moment before Rose thought better of it. Danger close. She wouldn't do anything that could possibly harm civilians, she was smarter than that.

Instead, she simply took hold of the weapon controls and grinned, getting a feel for it as she took in the view of the village inside the transparent bubble. Once she was done, Rose returned to Arnex. "Like I said: you folks have quite the deal here. Any chance I could fire off one of these babies when your boss gets back?"

@BULiK

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"I believe after Skyra did her first test firing he specifically set up a new policy to get his permission first."

• Like 3

IC: Niidak (Relic Fields)

Niidak attempted to open the door, but it would not budge. Thankfully, she still had the seismic pickaxe which had proven to be very useful in beheading that statue, even if it had turned out to be pointless in the end. Now, she could use it to get into the next room. If there was something of value there, then this entire trip would no longer be a waste of time and effort. She wasn’t particularly optimistic but was determined to keep looking for salvage until she’d have enough to turn a profit.

She took out Sidra’s seismic pickaxe, activated it and tried to break through the door by force. Sparks flew out, illuminating the dim room.

OOC: @Eyru

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
  • Like 2

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Whisper - Ruins of Ice

Drifting through the portal, Whisper left Kini-Nui behind and emerged into the frosty confines of the ice temple. She made her way up to the surface, and set off across the darkening landscape towards the distant Kumu Peninsula. 

______________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Sidra – Kini-Nui

“You’re right, it’s not about worthiness with you. It’s about control, isn’t it?” She snapped. “Wanting to control time… wanting the Mask of Creation… wanting a private army of Vahki to ‘protect’ everyone… seems to me you’re set on following Dume’s footsteps and controlling everything.”

She took a step closer. “So indulge me for a moment. If you’re so sure that you and you alone know what’s best, why not challenge for leadership of this place? Why not just do what you want and command others to follow, instead of asking permission and trying to argue when you’re denied?”

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 5

Skyra listened to them argue, glancing at the giant mechs as they did. She hadn't heard the argument for very long, but she was already getting tired of it.

"Soooo like...how long is this conversation gonna keep looping to the same argument anyway? Where'd those big mechs come from?"

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 4