Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Knichou, Ko-Pou, The Taku, The Bridge

Knichou was about to turn back to Nale, the matter settled in his mind, ready to move on to the next topic, when the Vortixx spoke up and retained his attention. The commander was unamused, and crossed his arms. The Fe-Toa's green glowing optics stared at the scavenger from behind his ornate mask of creation.

"Is 'the only smooth ride off of this hunk of rock' not enough? What more could you want? As you said, the economy's taken a hit recently, so you're going to have to be more specific about any demands."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku (Bridge)

"The Taku has basic amenities and supplies," Nale added, trying to be less callous. Not everyone would work just for the goodwill of it, that was reality. "If you'll accept as much as food for payment, then we can provide it. Maybe even scrap from the damage done to us, or...there is a pile of Vahki parts currently being taken to the cargo bay by one of our crew that we don't have much use for." 

@BULiK@Daniel the Finlander

• Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Knichou, Ko-Pou, The Taku, The Bridge

The Nynran glanced at his partner, and took her cue to heart. Perhaps he had been a bit too authoritative for an introduction. It had been a long day, after all, and there was so much Knichou needed to get around to, with seemingly so little time. Perhaps opening by using the bula instead of the stick would offer a greater incentive, as the mahi herders always said.

"Right... there's that, but also if you have something in mind that you need, perhaps a tool that could help speed up your repairs or something, I can make you just about anything you'd ever need like -" he snapped his fingers as he finished his sentence. "- that."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Mi-Kiri Puzzle Room

With - Mahrika

Sorilax finished up his search around the rooms, trying his best to observe all he could in a limited amount of time. His knowledge was limited with technology, but he understood the more basic puzzle elements that were underlying the cables and inlaid computers. What he assumed was the Administrator spoke as if from the walls. But if it truly was some rogue AI, then nothing it said could be considered true, so in the end he did not care too much about what it said might be the potential implications of destroying it. Not to mention it had threatened them. Were Kas not to show up before they figured out the puzzle, then a little demolition was in order, since it was clearly hostile. Sorilax did not at all care for how it spoke to them and what it might do to others in the future.

His Ga-Matoran companion spoke, mostly ignoring the Administrator, which he considered to be quite wise. Actually, come to think of it, he did not really even want to answer her questions in front of this rogue AI, let alone address it. He had no idea what it was actually capable of. Perhaps it really did have the power to kill them instantly. Or perhaps it controlled all of those spliced Vahki.

So Sorilax did his best to answer her without giving away anything. He spoke slowly, picking his words to answer her first question, “Yes, they did seem very alive.

He looked at the mask she carried and his words came faster, “That will do just fine for the puzzle. It seems we will need additional Kanohi. Thankfully, I can acquire more. But we should be careful, this place is very important.” He meant that he felt he was close to what he needed to find to further his Grand Wish, but it also hopefully comforted her from thinking they might delete a whole group of beings should they fail, which did not sound possible.

Sorilax motioned to the copper-lined Kanohi receptacle in the room, “You can place your extra mask either here, in the red floored room, or the yellow floored room. Whatever you wish. We need to start figuring out what the end goal of this puzzle is and how it functions along the way. As for myself, I will be busy for a few minutes, so do not be alarmed if I do not respond.

OOC: @Harvali @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Forgemaster Viltia - Toa of the Green

As she became one with the memories and desires of the stars, great understanding bloomed in Viltia. A language of shapes called out to her. A language of shapes she adopted and incorporated into her designs.

A sphere.

A triangle.

A hexagonal prism.

She spread them among the stars, weaving them into the universe. As she did, she felt deeper the individual desires and wishes of the stars, each one so desperate and yet blind to the larger picture she was now overlooking. They wished for so many things. So many awful things that they didn’t realize how bad the implications could be. Her care went out to them. She opened her mouth and warned them, "Be careful how you wish, for wishes can come true.” She could see it in some of the stories the stars told her. Dreams had become a reality, sometimes with horrible implications. But how could she convince the rest of her new wisdom? Perhaps some context.

I am awake. Let me play among the stars."

Viltia had suns rise and set in a matter of moments. Moons, once always seen before in constant company, rapidly blinked and winked in alternating order. She shuffled stars in their places, forming new constellations and destinies as easy as a thought, her tethers all moving individually and acting out her will with silver brilliance. She would fix what was broken, heal that which had been hurt.

She would embrace them all and make things better.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning, Mind Reading and Quick Healing

Location - Inside the Fire Ruins

With - Whira

Cravious laughed, harsh and full of a little bit of fear. He gave Whira a sideways look, “You crazy? Have you never seen a Zivon in action before?” He sounded incredulous, “Not only is it faster than us running or the Cube’s top speed, but it can launch projectiles an entire day’s walk away! From here, the volcano is roughly three fourths of a day’s walk here to there. Unless you have some way to teleport or move with super speed, we aren’t outrunning it. And nothing will distract it for long. This isn’t just some beast. This is one of Irnakk’s nightmares. They have a higher level of intelligence than some dumb Rahi.

He shook his head, gaunt looking face grim, “Unless it gets bored and walks away, we’re already dead.

Cravious started backing away from the entrance hallway and turned to his hirelings, ordering them, “Get in the portal. Maybe we’ll be safe in there.” One by one, they all backed up and moved through the portal. Cravious was the last one through. He paused and turned to Whira again, “If you want to go for Irnakk’s Tooth, good luck. You’ll need it.” Then he stepped through the portal, the active forge pumping heat into the air.

He motioned to his underlings, “Past this hallway is a sand pit with bleachers located off of a stone room. We can wait there. I doubt the Zivon can get through this small portal or get to wherever this is through other means.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

Sorry about the wait. My only cat died, we celebrated my sister's birthday, and I had already had plans set up for a friend to come over and visit. It's been quite the emotional rollercoaster. Things still haven't normalized yet, so I'm not sure how consistent I'll be after this either.

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Due to a change in the Mi-Kiri puzzle, had to fix some things for Sorilax.
  • Like 2

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

14 hours ago, Onaku said:

IC: Onaku - Kini-Nui

Onaku stroked his chin. "I wish I knew where Stannis was, but I'm afraid I'm useless to you in that regard. As for everyone else, the population of Kini-Koro has been evacuated to Todbuk-Koro on the other side of the portal."

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

"What the karz is a Tobduk..." she trailed off, not bothering to finish the question. She'd only seen three portals open in the valley; one she knew led back to the ice temple, one had only opened recently and been immediately blocked off, so the Toa before her surely had to be referring to the other portal. "Okay, then you should head back there and mobilise any able-bodied anyone you can find to go searching for the rest of these Makoki Stones, before the whole universe disappears out from under us." 

She started to turn away. "Thanks for everything, Nuju. I'll do what I can to find the stone Stannis stole."

@Unreliable Narrator @Onaku

8 hours ago, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Temple | Kumu

His ichor meshed with the dirty floor, but while the temple hungrily partook of his lifeblood it did not react. This was not how sacrifices were received. 

IC: Whisper - Kumu Temple

"Well... uh, sorry..." Whisper said, upon seeing nothing happen. "Maybe we try using the little guy's heartlight next?"

She was only half-joking. If this place had been constructed by an Aspect, a heartlight offering certainly made sense... though she suspected it would be quite a chore to convince her companions to actually attempt it... and the consequences would be dire indeed for her if it also didn't work.

@EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester

14 hours ago, Onaku said:

IC: Okuo - Ko-Pou Radio Shack

Okuo had a thoughtful look to him as he mulled this over for a second, before he hit transmit again. "But Xaril, why would you tell us about this?"

IC: Xaril - Relic Fields Mountainside

"Why wouldn't I? Don't your spies tell you anything? Ehlek abandoned us ag-" the radio cut to static and Xaril's world went mad, as he and everything around him suddenly lurched.

For a moment, there was a sense of weightlessness, as if the very ground had vanished from beneath the Vahki Hive Xaril was inside. And then Xaril and the others in the room were suddenly slammed against the wall of the Hive as an unseen force shoved them up and away, taking the structure with it. The air filled with the chaos of confused cries and cacophony of crashing equipment, too many and too loud to just be coming from within the building.

As swiftly as it had begun, it came to an all-too-sudden stop as the building scraped to a jarring halt, suspended partially on its side. Sparks showered from the ceiling, dislodged Kanoka tumbling from the damaged racks to randomly apply their effects to whatever they struck. 

"Everyone stay where you are!" Xaril groaned, picking himself up off the ground and activating his Kanohi, "I'll go see what's happened." 

He flew out through the open doorway to see that the Vahki Hive - along with its counterpart, a few of the airships the League had brought with them, and what looked to be all of the peoples and Vahki of the League - were scattered on the craggy inclines of a sheer mountainside. Below them, the ocean lapped angrily at the base of the mountain, the wailing waters swiftly swallowing the flailing forms of the few fools who'd already fallen. 

Turning in the air, he could see that the Relic Fields the League had settled only hours ago were entirely gone, replaced by an ocean devoid of debris or anything else that might indicate it had just consumed a city. Xaril didn't even attempt to understand what had happened, but it was clear enough to him that Metru Nui hadn't been the only thing sinking on this island. 

He flew upwards, turning his attention back to the mountain in the hopes of spotting somewhere more level the League could relocate to temporarily. But what he found over the peak, nestled between the mountains surpassed his expectations entirely: a vast valley, lush with life and already home to a village, but - at a glance - seemingly devoid of any inhabitants. 

"Go up!" He ordered, flying back down towards his comrades-in-arms. "Climb, fly, get those airships back online! Our salvation lies in the valley beyond!"

OOC: As per discussion with the GMs, the League PCs and NPCs who were previously located in the Relic Fields have been forcibly shunted to the nearest landmass. Since Kini-Nui is currently unoccupied, Xemnas and I decided this was as good a place as any for them to end up. 

Edited by Gecko Greavesy
  • Like 3

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

34 minutes ago, Gecko Greavesy said:

"Well... uh, sorry..." Whisper said, upon seeing nothing happen. "Maybe we try using the little guy's heartlight next?"

She was only half-joking. If this place had been constructed by an Aspect, a heartlight offering certainly made sense... though she suspected it would be quite a chore to convince her companions to actually attempt it... and the consequences would be dire indeed for her if it also didn't work.

IE Temple + Grime | Kumu

"Any, uh... other ideas?" Grime said, standing next to one of the glowing red domes that seemed to dot the ominous landscape therein.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC: Niidak (Ko-Pou/The Taku)

Stating the price of anything was always a risk, as some folk assumed she offered her wares and skills freely. Even if she wasn’t running a business anymore, she was still trying to survive, and generosity didn’t get food on her plate. Thankfully, the Captain was more reasonable than the Commander, and the latter came to his senses. It made Niidak wonder if their relationship was more equal than one would assume. 

She uncrossed her arms and offered a friendly smile to the two to ease the tension. ”We have a deal then. While I don’t need a ride as there’s portal nearby, everything else sounds good to me. In exchange, I’ll use my technical skills to make sure this thing can continue to fly in the first place.” While back in the day she had preferred written contracts, times had changed and she would have to accept a verbal agreement. Besides, she felt the two were trustworthy enough. At least the Captain was.

She turned to the Le-Matoran. ”Berys, yes? I’m Niidak. Show me all the damages so I can get a clear idea of what needs fixing. Or well, from what I’ve seen it might be easier to list what doesn’t need fixing.”

@BULiK@Tarn

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
  • Like 3

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

21 hours ago, Daniel the Finlander said:

She uncrossed her arms and offered a friendly smile to the two to ease the tension. ”We have a deal then. While I don’t need a ride as there’s portal nearby, everything else sounds good to me. In exchange, I’ll use my technical skills to make sure this thing can continue to fly in the first place.” While back in the day she had preferred written contracts, times had changed and she would have to accept a verbal agreement. Besides, she felt the two were trustworthy enough. At least the Captain was.

She turned to the Le-Matoran. ”Berys, yes? I’m Niidak. Show me all the damages so I can get a clear idea of what needs fixing. Or well, from what I’ve seen it might be easier to list what doesn’t need fixing.”

@BULiK@Tarn

IC: Knichou & Taku Crew, Ko-Pou, The Taku

So the Vortixx was reasonable and cooperative, perfect. The good ol' "good cap' bad commander" technique, paying dividends yet again, yes, clearly. Knichou crossed his arms once more and looked to his pilot expectantly. While the engineer had a firm grasp on what needed repairs, he decided that perhaps silence would be more effective. After all, if Berys missed anything, Knichou would be able to give a second opinion.

"Well, where to begin..." Berys said, glancing back at the dashboard that was emitting a spectrum of warning lights. It was hard to tell if there were more or less than right after the incident, and at this point it was best to not dwell on that.

"We've lost a quarter of our levitation engine clusters, all in the stern, mostly on the lower deck. Half of the cargo bay is missing, and with it half of the power and command distribution cables. One of our main engines is unresponsive, and it's bingo on fuel, to boot..."

The Le-Matoran looked to the side of the room, silently counting through a list on his fingers as if to check what he had yet to mention.

"Oh yeah, we also only have half our landing gear, less than half of our fuel..."

"Don't forget the dent in the starboard side," Arnex helpfully added.

"Well, yes, but we can still fly well enough with that. Make that a stretch goal. The hull dent is less important than getting structural integrity in the stern back and extending the deck so we can fit as much as possible for this evacuation."

Throughout all of this, Knichou had been uncharacteristically silent, almost as if he was off somewhere else. He looked forwards, but it was clear his gaze wasn't directed at anyone, and that the engineer was instead admiring the infinite void within and beyond all things. You could also say it was the look of someone who was no longer paying attention, but that was far from the truth. To become as focused as he needed to be, Knichou would need to distance himself from the reality he occupied, and see the solution as he could assemble it in the presence of the infinite.

After Berys began to wrap up, golden lines on Knichou's legendary kanohi began to glow. The ex-Ghost began to keel over, unable to support and control his body anymore. His desperate, stabilizing grasp on Nale (Or was it her holding up him? The commander was too dizzy and numb to tell where whose arms were whose any surety) being the only thing keeping him standing. The Nynran retched, with him gagging and mildly convulsing for a moment as if vomit was approaching. The color drained from his face alongside the glow of his kanohi's activation as his job was finished, almost as if it took a part of him with it.

If there was anything anyone in the room was going to add, it was postponed by seeing such a strange sight.

"Get... to work..." he croaked, pointing to the door, which flung open by his command to reveal that the meeting room's table was full. On it was a replacement part for every critical component Berys had mentioned. Brand new, pre-assembled levitation engines sat as if they had just been removed from their packaging. Rolls of thick shielded cables eagerly awaited splicing. A complete set of engine parts and a full tank of liquid protodermis were ready to speed up the propulsion system's repairs. Motorized landing gear legs nearly filled the room, shifting around on their suspension. Stacks of protosteel beams and plates filled the corner, with a handheld welding kit sitting atop.

A variety of other tools and other components left no room for doubt - anything and everything needed to fix the Taku, or even build one's own smaller airship if necessary, was strewn across the meeting room and its table. Between Niidak, Knichou's crew, and any others from the outpost pitching in, there was no doubt that this would be more than enough to prepare the Taku for it's next voyage.

"Nale... the captain... and-and I... will be in touch," he heaved.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Gecko Greavesy said:

"Okay, then you should head back there and mobilise any able-bodied anyone you can find to go searching for the rest of these Makoki Stones, before the whole universe disappears out from under us." 

Onaku nodded. "I suppose that's the most logical course of action." Letting out thoughtful sigh, he turned to the strange ripple in the fabric of reality which Nuju stood next to, stepping closer to it and regarding it with fascination, looking it over. "In any case, I wish you good luck in your search for Toa Stannis."

Turning around again, he looked Sidra over, a thoughtful expression on his features that turned friendly soon after. "If you don't mind indulging me, if and when you do find him, perhaps you could tell him that... Arkius wishes to see him again some time soon. Though, of course, you're not my messenger, so do what you will. Either way, be careful. I've known him longer than most as far as I'm aware, and yet I'm starting to think I barely really know him at all. I regret any advice I could give you is probably meaningless."

@Gecko Greavesy@Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Onaku
  • Like 1

"Whether he gets to see anyone again is entirely up to him," Sidra said. "I got in the way of fixing the universe once before. I have zero time or tolerance for someone who should really know better about making the same mistake."

@Onaku

• Like 3

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Reliable Narrator | West of Kini-Nui

This is the way a monster dies: gradually, then all at once. 

Like a pink sunset splashing across the sky, growing deeper and brighter until the horizon is awash in fire. 

Like the first few drops of a rainstorm that increase in number and strength until the full force of a flood is unleashed upon the earth. 

Like slowly drifting off to sleep. Slipping,  slipping, slipping, gone. 

Gradually, then suddenly. Bit by bit, then all at once. So soft and quick you can't pinpoint when it stopped dying and started being dead. The gradient is so subtle that no one can tell you exactly when the color changes. 

Some will say Nektann died the moment the blade cut through his neck. Bound and helpless, he could only struggle and pant for breath as the weapon descended like a falling star and struck true, separating flesh from sinew and muscle from bone. The silvery blade emerged coated in a viscous blue fluid. The head, its eyes suddenly dull, flopped lifelessly to the ground. 

Maybe this is when Nektann died. 

But others will say he died the moment he burst from the volcano. A titan of rain birthed of fire and wreathed in smoke, he climbed out of Irnakk's jaws already doomed. For a tahtorak is cursed to die horrifically. None survive to old age. None live to see their children wrestle and play on the dunes of the northern wastes. They are born doomed. They are born already dead. So when the veil of gases parted and the hulking shape of the beast lunged through the smoke, his time was already up. The sands of the hourglass had already run out. He was a dead thing walking. 

Still others might say that Nektann died when he plunged into the belly of the Tooth. When Barius, bleeding and broken but unmistakably victorious, threw his war-chief's body down into the flames. His body an offering to the nightmare-god, his last breath an anguished plea to the dark spirit who had abandoned him, Nektann fell into witches' laughter and died a sacrifice. His flesh melted. Blood vessels boiled and burst. Muscles peeled back from bones and shriveled away into ash. Oil popped and smoked. Piston and gears blackened first, then softened and lost their shapes. His toothy smile remained longest of all, twisted into a grimace of horror and pain, before even his teeth burned away in the fires of Irnakk's hatred. 

So there is not one answer as to when the monster died. Kilo's deathstroke may have been the most obvious killing blow, but it was not the first. His suffering was so vast it cannot be tallied; his sorrow was so great it cannot be known. The gradient of his anguish stretched over the land like the shadow of a thunderstorm. 

As for me? I will tell you when Nektann died. 

Picture a garden. It is small and hardly worth the name. Green tendrils struggle up trellises, racing weeds that threaten to choke them back. Flowers bloom cheerlessly, their petals already half-fallen. Fruit trees hang their fruitless limbs over the dusty ground, their leaves yellow at the edges. Underneath, a young skakdi stands bewildered, an empty watering can held loosely in one hand. The other hand reaches out to a rose bush. He gently prods a drooping rose with one finger, trying to coax it to stand straight and tall. But when he takes his hand away, the flower falls back down. It hangs, half-dead, without the strength to lift its petals up toward the scorching sun. 

"Mom, what's wrong?" the skakdi says. He turns towards an older skakdi who stands behind him, her hands weathered and her shoulders bent under the burden of too many hard years. She looks sadly down at him and smiles, hiding her own sorrow for the sake of the child. 

"There's no more water," she says softly. Once, the scent of oranges filled this garden. Once, the vibrant reds and yellows of a myriad of flowers were all the eye could see. But now there's only death and decay. A land that cannot bear life any longer. 

"It's okay," she says, beckoning the young one to her side. "We'll get more soon. It's just a dry season. They come and go. You'll see." 

She's lying, though she doesn't know just how big a lie it is. The water is gone. The land will never be what it was. Its cursed earth will never again bear fruit. 

The young skakdi looks back over the garden as he takes his mother's hand. Everything is listless and yellow. Some plants are already brown. His heart aches, though he doesn't know why. He misses the smell of the fruits. He misses the humming of insects and the vibrant hues of the flowers. But, most of all, he misses the green. 

Where did the green go? 

And... why? 

They walk away, leaving the question unanswered. He will never know why. All he will know is a pain in his chest, an emptiness that he will carry with him for the rest of his life. A longing for something gone, something precious that can never be recovered. A question with no answer. 

This is the day Nektann died. The day he looked for something he loved and came up empty-handed. The day his hope turned to dust in his mouth. So when Kilo's blade fell, it was not the first deathstroke. It only completed the work that a dying flower had begun a long time ago. 

The tahtorak's head fell to the ground, his tongue lolling from his mouth, his eyes going dull. His limbs went slack. His heart thumped once, twice, then was still. Blood pooled on the earth, and all around, the rains began to cease.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Suva of Water

Drokk plunged beneath the water, holding a fistful of glowing algae before her in an attempt to see if there was anything below. She saw the suva floating before her, perfectly round. She could swim underneath it if she wanted and come out on the other side. If she did, she might see an odd symbol carved into the suva's underside, but it would mean nothing to her. The underwater floor of the grotto was rocky and full of mussels and little fish that darted away at her approach. There was nothing else to see unless she wished to swim deeper, but she got the feeling that the everything she needed to solve the puzzle was above the surface.

IC: Tuyet | Zakazian Skies

The airship's course abruptly smoothed out as the wind and rain began to die down. Tuyet flashed her passenger a trademark grin. "There we go. That wasn't so bad, was it?"

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~ @Snelly @Toru Nui @Tarn @The UltimoScorp @BULiK sorry if I missed anyone, still catching up

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 5

IC: Exuze, Zakaz Airspace, Tuyetmobile

Exuze slowed his breathing, and his leg stopped bouncing as much.

"W-well, whaddya know..."

The lesterin turned to Tuyet with a still-worried, but curious expression on his face.

"You knew that was going to happen, right?"

IC: Korruhn, Kumu Peninsula

Korruhn wrapped his wrist with a strip of cloth. Something was missing. The blood was certain. The offering was certain. What was he missing?

"Well... uh, sorry..." Whisper said, upon seeing nothing happen. "Maybe we try using the little guy's heartlight next?" Korruhn spun on his heels to face the lesser Aspect, whatever it was.

"You so much as lay one of those slimy appendages on him, I'll send us all somewhere you're not coming back from," Korruhn retorted to Whisper. "Use that brain that I'd hope is somewhere in there. Look at the images again. Every other temple I've been to based on offerings had a specific place to do so. We need to figure out where that is."

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Unreliable Narrator @Gecko Greavesy

Edited by Crimson Jester
  • Like 1

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

Onaku's expression shifted from friendliness to exasperation at hearing Sidra's words. "Don't tell me you're going to try and kill Stannis? Do you even know how many have tried and failed in the past? Notably followed by paying with their own lives for having the gall? Now, I'm not going to stop you, goodness knows I can't, but know that facing him with lethal intent is a dangerous road... And I strongly recommend you do not presume yourself the greatest to ever tread it."

@Gecko Greavesy@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

IC Stannis | Kumu

"Someone is talking about me..." the old wizard murmured, distractedly concluding that he was indeed still in the same plane as they came from. 

A lizard silently scampered across the damp floor. A rivulet of blood almost dropped on it from Korruhn's bleeding hand. Gross, it thought, quickly darting away to avoid further bloodshed. 

Niidak frowned as the Matoran listed all the damage. While it was bad, she was a pessimist, so it was actually better than she had thought. Nevertheless, she was uncertain how much she could do without proper spare parts, and it's not like she could simply conjure them out of thin air.

Apparently, the Commander could.

She raised an eyebrow as she realized that the Toa had used his mask to create everything that was needed. It truly must've been a rare and special mask if it was able to do so, and Niidak almost regretted not asking for it in exchange for her help. Almost, because she knew there was no way anyone would ever let go of such a powerful item. She even wondered if the Toa had truly needed her help, or if the mask would've been able to repair all the damage by itself. Whatever the case, all she had to do now was use the parts to fix the vessel. Her work was more than cut in half.

"I'll get to it right away," Niidak said to the Toa, her monotone voice not showing any signs of her amazement. She turned to the two Matoran again. "Help me carry these down to the cargo bay, if you want your ship repaired faster. You can leave the welding kit, unless you want to help me out. I have my own tool for that."

@BULiK

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
im dumb
  • Like 1

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi’s heartlight stopped, it’s light extinguished. The pause lasted only a second, but he almost collapsed, his staff the only thing keeping him upright. He shuddered as Sucordak hurried around him preparing the Forge.

Finally theFe-Matoran managed, “This is … Councilor NU was right.” They were experimenting on Matoran, enslaving the Vahki, the list of war crimes the League was committing only grew. Matoran Society had done terrible things b-but this was … the League could not be allowed to do these things. He d-dreaded war, but if this was what peace b-bought them, was it any peace at all? It was … this could not continue, darn it Councilor NU, where are you?

Finally he said, “We should avoid the Aqua Sphere for now, but I fear we must head there soon. The enslavement of the Vahki, the experiments on the Matoran, we … what use is our p-peace if people are suffering? We … I will need to speak to Councilor NU before I act but … things must change. But until I can reach her, I will try to help the poisoned.

He hobbled over to Sucordak, who was beginning to thrust a chunk of Protodermis into the flames of the Forge. “We need to get it malleable first, start it off like a Disk of Regeneration, but then alternate it towards the technique of a Disk of Weakening. Go with the grain, then against, then toward it again. Keep it up until it’s formed..

Kanohi nodded and helped steady the tongs as the older Matoran of Plasma gazed at the fire, his eyes resisting the blazing radiance of the Forge. Sucordak waited, before calling out, “alright, we hammer will need to hammer now.

H-how do we know when to stop hammering?” The cross-wired Councilor pulled out the lump of metal, even as Sucordak drew his hammer.

It’s … not an exact time, you have to guess. Think of it in terms of fractions, my notes say once you have done about a sixth of the hammering, switch. Halfway through, reheat it.

Kanohi nodded with closed eyes, before placing the metal against the anvil. Sucordak began to hammer, circling around the would-be dish to hammer every side. It began to flatten and round, before he turned and struck the other way—

Crack. Both Matoran winced, and Kanohi began to stammer. Sucordak interrupted with a sigh, gesturing to the Forge, “We start again, put it back in the fire.” Kanohi nodded and carried the Protodermis lump back into the flames, as Sucordak walked aside to recheck his old notes.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran swallowed h-hopefully she did not mess this up. She … she could not imagine how inserting a mask could damage Matoran culture, especially since the Admin was not originally from this world, according to Kas. Mustering her courage she carefully made her way to the red room, and placed the mask in the slot. 

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

IC Kardaka - Ko-Pou

The Turaga of Stone clutched her staff tight, “It … could it be a Tahtarok?” She hurried out of the building, heading towards the loud sound. As she hurried she tripped over her large feet, barely catching herself with the butt of her Badge of Office. Right, she … she needed to remember, she depended on her walking staff now. She now longer had the lean Amazonian body of a Toa.

She shakily stood up and resumed walking, using her Badge of Office as a cane, trying to hurry towards the sound.

OOC: @Tarn @Snelly @Onaku @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend @BULiK

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Parnassus | The Ambling Alp

Slowly, the pale wastelands of Zakaz gave way to the greenery of Fau, and the greenery of Fau gave way to the dark heart of Kumu, as black and true as a pupil in an eye looking out. 

Parnassus had spent much of the journey in silence, trying to reorient themself. Their attempts to join the Builders had been disastrous -- Caedast's chosen people had proven to be just as short-sighted as the warskaks of Fort Nektann, and if their murderous gambit against the tahtorahk had failed, they would like suffer the same fate that Barius had. And even if all these catastrophes could be ignored ... there was still the question of the Zivon, which their cousin claimed to be on the loose and which he claimed to have a taste for Aspects.

The question did, of course, prod at Parnassus: what if Caedast had been lying about the Zivon. That it viewed their kin with no more malice than Nektann had -- or, even further, that it had never existed at all. Was this some sort of elaborate ploy arranged by the Wanderer? Their cousin certainly did enjoy their little tricks and traps, that was true enough. The Aspect of Fear found themself wishing that they had plunged themself off the side of the ship like Oreius had -- but no. Eventually, yes, obviously, that would become necessary; or something similar, at the very least. But Parnassus still had things to arrange, events to cobble together out of the wreckage of all ... this.

Then they would have permission to die.

"Has my cousin ever told of the Caldera, Leklo?" Parnassus said to their pilot. 

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Toru Nui

-Void

• Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

Nale continued to hold up her partner, giving a reassuring backrub to the strained Fe-Toa. She nodded to Niidak as the helpful Vortixx left to begin repairs on the ship. Hopefully she understood that, yes, the commander creating things from thin air was normal. Just maybe not the to the point where it almost hurt him to do it. But, now that they could fix the Taku, they could get on to other important matters.

"Making things just short of another ship has to be draining," she said to Knichou, gently letting go of him to let him stand on his own. "Are you alright? That mask is starting to concern me."

@BULiK@Daniel the Finlander

IC: Jutori - Kini-Koro Hospital

"...whatever needs to be done, I guess. Maybe I can get Kilo's help, pick up the trail from the ruins."

Jutori's optics drifted from his hammer to Kat. He knew he sounded vengeful, or like he was going to do something he'd regret. The truth was the Ba-Toa didn't really know what he was going to do next, or if he'd ever find Arkius. Maybe that loose end would stay...loose.

"Stay safe, Katrin."

@The UltimoScorp

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

9 hours ago, Crimson Jester said:

IC: Korruhn, Kumu Peninsula

"You so much as lay one of those slimy appendages on him, I'll send us all somewhere you're not coming back from," Korruhn retorted to Whisper. "Use that brain that I'd hope is somewhere in there. Look at the images again. Every other temple I've been to based on offerings had a specific place to do so. We need to figure out where that is."

IC: Whisper - Kumu Temple

"So protective," she crooned, backing off slightly nonetheless. "I was joking. Mostly. But please, if you have a better idea, suggest it."

She was tempted to add a retort about her appendages not actually being slimy, but decided it was best not to push her luck any further. 

@Crimson Jester @EmperorWhenua

7 hours ago, Onaku said:

"Now, I'm not going to stop you, goodness knows I can't, but know that facing him with lethal intent is a dangerous road... And I strongly recommend you do not presume yourself the greatest to ever tread it."

"I face everything with lethal intent. This has always been a kill-or-be-killed universe, it just took an apocalypse for some of you to catch on," she snapped. "But like I said, what happens to Stannis is entirely up to him. I'll ask him nicely, once, and after that... I'll do whatever I have to." 

@Onaku

Edited by Gecko Greavesy
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, Void Emissary said:

"Has my cousin ever told of the Caldera, Leklo?" Parnassus said to [Leklo]. 

IC Leklo | Ambling Alp

"No, not yet," Leklo said in a half-lie. Was it even that, though? Stannis hadn't said anything about 'the Caldera,' but without knowing if he even intended to it was not easy to outright deny that he would eventually, either. He hoped Parnassus would share, however; Leklo would compare their stories afterwards and decide for himself what to believe.

• Like 2

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Mi-Kiri Puzzle Room

With - Mahrika

Sorilax’s consciousness jumped from One to Two. In one moment he was inside the Aqua Sphere, and the next he was back in the Fau Swamp. Lush and deep greens and browns greeted him. He was surrounded by hanging moss and vines, insects getting trapped in the seemingly harmless vegetation.

But this also meant he knew where he was. Sorilax turned north, mentally focused on his Rahkshi staff, and teleported away.

---------

A couple minutes of short teleports later and he was back in Le-Metru Nuva. The village was quietly bustling and he was glad that it was so. And in this Rahkshi he had his Life sense again. Having gone without it for half a day now gave him a new perspective. He wished he had never gone without it. Still, he understood his prior reasoning and would still make the same decision, regardless of emotion.

Sorilax went looking for Beruv and soon acquired a bag and few Viltia originals. Sorilax was ready to leave when he thought of his new Ga-Matoran friend and asked for a few Kanoka as well. Beruv gave him a look and he started to explain from the beginning. She shook her head and held up a hand, stopping him and giving him what he asked for. She told him to take care and shooed him out of the forging hut so she could get back to work.

Bag slung over his shoulder, Sorilax made his way up the ladder to the lookout. The Aqua Sphere still gleamed in the sun, but what Sorilax really noticed was how much more of the island had disappeared in his absence. Time was running out.

He activated his Light bending technique and teleported to the Aqua Sphere. This time, he was ready to teleport inside right away. And he did not even slip like last time. It was easy to find the cables from there. Things went so much faster teleporting around. He did not even have to sneak past the one guard, just teleporting inside the room with the shaft. After that it was just a matter of teleporting to the bottom to avoid damage from the fall.

As he stepped out of the elevator, Sorilax swapped back to One, losing the Life sensing, but gaining back Quick Healing, which seemed very important in this place with all the guards and now the threat from the Administrator.

With his companion placing the extra mask in the copper-lined slot in the red floored room, Sorilax watched as the ruby red pendant lit up in the center room and a rainbow barrier formed between the red room and the center room. He called to her, “Do not be alarmed, I have brought someone to help us.

Sorilax grabbed a Kanohi from Two and mentally ordered him to put his own mask into the receiver in the yellow room. Okay, time to see what all three Kanohi did, if anything. Hopefully they would not need to acquire something more in order to be able to finish the puzzle.

Two went to the yellow floored room and inserted a Kanohi there. Once that was done, Sorilax, in the center room, placed his own Kanohi in the copper-lined recess. He turned about, looking for any changes or indications of what the puzzle wanted as an outcome or even the steps to get there.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Harvali

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Due to a change in the Mi-Kiri puzzle, had to fix some things for Sorilax.
  • Like 1

IC: Knichou, Ko-Pou, The Taku, Bridge

The Nynran panted as he struggled to reacquire his balance and stand on his own two legs again, determined to not be another burden for his partner to carry. His head made a shivering nod in the captain's direction, not that gestures were needed to show his gratefulness to her. While this incident continued, his armor shifted in distribution, thinning out near the top as nanites flowed to the bottom to lower his center of gravity to aid his poor balance.

Nale's hand passed through the ex-Ghost's armor with no resistance to massage to the smooth dermis underneath, with the navy liquid metal of her gauntlet diffusing throughout Knichou's metallic grey cuirass like clouds of ink in water. Her motions were repeated by the armor itself, each move rippling throughout every layer of the adaptive armor plating like waves formed when one serenely swims in a pond. The solid streaks of white in parts of Knichou's armor warped and twisted like lines of foam along the massing deep blue waves as Nale's soothing presence was spontaneously echoed by the instinctual bonds their armor shared with both Toa within its deep layer protocols.

"I can... am... can... handle... yes..." the commander mumbled as he now was standing under his own power. He swallowed with a gulp to clear his internals from the uncomforting feeling that lingered after his sudden coughing fit, and shook his head quickly for a moment like a hapaka shaking off water.

When he felt her touch leave, Knichou looked to his partner.

Gazes locked. Apertures widened.

Worry.

Love.

Calm.

Words were unnecessary. They would soldier on. As they always had. For everyone counting on them whether they knew it or not.

They would do it together, as they had in the most recent times of the long journeys. They would soldier on, but they were stronger. For everyone, yes, but now also for each other. Heroism was a valuable trait, but love was another type of highly motivating drug.

Optics broke contact. The brief moment of calm had passed, yet another silent victory of the captain. Knichou was here. His mind was no longer lost in the sea of designs. The job was done. The new job was to rest. Knichou could do that. Nale reinforced that limit, as she had in the past when he worked on Kini-Koro and the Taku well into the night, far past the point of any efficiency. Sometimes he needed that nudge to take a back seat from his work, and Nale was an expert in knowing when and how to provide that reminder.

"It's a lot... but we need it quick... they need it quick," the ex-Ghost self-exonerated, with an arm sweeping out in a motion towards the settlement out the front window. The movement lacked finesse and control - the arm swung limply, propelled by inertia and not precise coordination. It almost threw him off balance again, but Knichou stabilized himself before Nale could try to catch him again.

"That much at once after this long a day is more draining than usual, but don't worry... I'll still have enough juice for your special order," the still-slightly-delirious Toa continued, tapping his kanohi. "I'll be back up and running at nominal levels in no time, I swear..."

"I know I should have paced myself, but we both know these people need help now."

• Like 2

IC: Skyra Daring - West of Kini-Nui -

Skyra let out a enthusiastic noise as Nektann was finally slain. They had done it! 

Of course, there was the question of what happens after. Skyra wasn’t usually one to think too far past the now, but this was an exception.

“Kilo...we both know that this beast isn’t going to be the last one we see....” It was funny, she’d never thought too highly of fully mechanical beings before. Her past experiences with the Vahki had given her a distaste for them in general. Kilo was different though, especially now that their minds were linked like this. She saw him as an actual person. 

“...I wish to become NUVA like you and get a Kaita of my own as well. I think we’ll need as many as we can get.” 

OOC:  @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~

IC: Vashni - Ko-Pou -

Now, Vashni was usually pretty good at keeping her emotions in check, she had to be as a Toa of psionics. But hearing that Ehlek was experimenting on Matoran made her feel a rage and frustration at her own failure that leaked out of her psyche and could be felt by those near her. 

“I’m going to find Ehlek, and make sure his experimenting days are over. I failed to stop him for good last time, it won't happen again.” 

@Onaku@Vezok's Friend @Tarn @Harvali @Toru Nui

IC: Varian 

“I am Varian, I come in peace. I have been wandering, and happened to see signs of civilization in this direction.” The exo-toa explained. Ever since he witnessed Sidra’s confrontation with Mata Nui he had been feeling lost, his revenge against the god of death seemingly impossible. 

@~Xemnas~

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Grime | Kumu Temple 

"Uh, that's a lot of blood," Grime muttered as he watched Korruhn slash himself with a knife and proceed to seek a suitable place to drain himself.

ooc: @Gecko Greavesy, @EmperorWhenua, @Crimson Jester

IC: Nuju | Kini-Nui

"Well, whatever you do," Nuju interrupted; "just remember to walk in the light. The light is the safest place."

He turned to Onaku, noticing how the once-toa kept viewing the rift. "You are interested, aren't you. I will tell you that whatever you find will change your life. For better or worse I don't know, but you'll never see anything like it again."

ooc: @Gecko Greavesy, @Onaku

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

Onaku sighed, a hint of an amused grin coming to his features. "God speed, then."

At hearing Nuju's words, he turned to him with a thoughtful expression, glancing into the portal at his side with a furrowed brow before looking back to Nuju. "How many people have gone in there?"

@Unreliable Narrator@Gecko Greavesy

IC: Okuo - Ko-Pou Radio Shack

Okuo looked up at Vashni, feeling her anger wash over him and understanding it well. "You won't have to go it alone. Maybe we can even convince Knichou to give us a lift up there if he's in the mood."

Standing up from the radio and heading outside, Okuo wrapped the scarf tighter around himself as he approached the landed airship.

@Snelly@BULiK@Tarn

• Like 3

“Not enough,” Nuju repeated.

OOC: @Onaku, @Gecko Greavesy, @Sparticus147

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ash Barrens

Opal’s form rippled from the Realm of Nightmares into existence in the Time Between Time with a guttural popping sound and a peel of thunder. Her body fell, as all objects generally did wherever gravity existed, and slammed into the ziggurat built among the petrified trees of the Ash Barrens. Stones turned to powder, debris filled the air, and a gap large enough for her to jab a claw through formed. To the monster’s surprise the inside of the temple was a field of stars, as if a whole galaxy had been stuffed inside a simple temple. She also experienced a sudden wave of terror, a violent desire to leave, to be anywhere else but here…

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy I believe the diamond stone is in place in the amaja circle of this temple. Opal would be compelled to flee the hex. Also @Kal the Guardian, and @~Xemnas~

IC: Takadox | Spiriah’s Labyrinth

He coughed fitfully in the dim light of the room. It wasn’t the daylight he’d hoped, but it was better than nothing, and the stone dome in the room's center was refreshingly cool to lean his back against. Every sound echoed off the purple and cyan crystals growing in the walls and floor. The half-light of the space came from an unknown source, which bugged Takadox to no end, but for a moment made him feel a bit safer than the indeterminate length of time spent in darkness. It was a dull light, but for Takadox his eyes were still adjusting and tears slid down the edges of his kanohi.

He held up some of his acquired items in the light. One of the items was a hefty axe, with a beak on one end. Takadox realized the metal wasn't normal -- it shimmered differently than normal grade weaponry. Perhaps protosteel, he considered, but how in the six kingdoms could a protosteel axe end up in the hands of a mesi warrior? He'd heard of weirder things. He set the axe aside. It was too heavy for him. He held the disks up towards the light next, but they were too caked in mud and battered from travel to make out what powers they contained. He considered throwing them against the wall to find out, but thought better of it. He'd seen enough reconstitute at random accidents in his time. With a sight he laid them down gently, doing his best not to accidentally activate anything.

Takadox wasn’t alone though. He knew that. The cursed shadows that stretched like tendrils across the space were full of deceit. Spiriah was there, just waiting like he always did. Takadox rubbed the stump of his arm and clenched his jaw in frustration.

“I’m not falling for this,” Takadox growled towards a particularly dark spot. “You’re not gonna get me with a little taste of light. I’m smarter than that, you know.”

Oh I know, said the dark voice that dogged him. You’re so much smarter than even you give yourself credit. You’re one of the last ones left, after all. And it’s all about survival isn’t it. Survive then, prime one. Survive.

• Like 1

Happy chat.

"Help shouldn't come at a cost of overexerting yourself," Nale replied. "I know we're in a rush, but when you start going past your limits..."

She paused and sighed, turning to look outside to the settlement below and the encroaching waters. Once they were done aiding Ko-Pou, they still had to meet with Aurax. Maybe finally settle things. They had been put on a tight schedule now, but they were going to get things done. Push through and see it to the end.

And she'd be by the commander's side the whole way.

From her viewpoint, Nale could see a familiar pair of Toa walking towards the Taku. "Just rest a moment, Okuo and Triage are here. I'll go speak to them."

The Toa of Magnetism turned and walked past Knichou, her hand caressing his shoulder she passed, and headed to the ship's ramp. Nale waved a greeting to the medic and the hacker.

@BULiK

IC: Triage - Ko-Pou Radio Shack

Triage gave Vashni a look of understanding, having had his peek into her memories of Ehlek. He then followed Okuo outside to reunite with his crew, the sight of the Taku feeling like seeing home again after a long tour. If home had a hole in it.

"Looks like they've had an interesting day too."

@Onaku

• Like 4

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Opal - Ash Barrens

The temple was rent asunder as her crushing carapace and cruel claws crashed down upon it... but what she found within was not the weak, wallowing prey she'd expected. She had scarcely a second to be surprised by the strangeness of the starry sight before the familiar frustrating fear assailed her once more, sending her scurrying back into the Realm of Nightmares.

And there she remained, waiting, hoping, that the damage she'd dealt to the structure would be enough to drive Irnakk's prey from where they hid...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Leaving the Toa behind, Sidra set off for Wairuha, shadow-travelling back to the mech's cockpit and powering up. Her powers amplified by the mech, she reached out with her psionic senses, searching for any sign of Stannis... or anyone else she knew who might be able to help her find out where he'd gone...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Xaril - Kini-Nui 

On the other side of the valley, a trio of strained, sputtering airships - the Galleon among them - rose up over the mountains, heavily laden with passengers, and dragging sturdy ropes behind them. As they crested the peaks, the ropes were cast off, heavy anchors biting into the rock to provide a means for those still stranded on the cliffside to make the climb over into the valley. Flying alongside them, Xaril cradled the two Vahki Hives - once again shrunk down to a more manageable side - in his arms. 

• Like 1

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning, Mind Reading and Quick Healing

Location - Inside the Fire Ruins

With - Whira

Cravious, completely oblivious to Opal’s assault on the outside of the Suva space, glanced at the ceiling of stars as he joined his hirelings in sitting down on the bleachers around the sandpit off of the NUVA room. The stars were exactly what he saw when trying to use his X-Ray Vision in this place. He had no idea what that actually meant, but so far it seemed to be keeping his group safe. If they all had run into a normal building the Zivon would have destroyed it and killed them by now for sure.

Zivons were rare and he had only seen one before, but one tended to remember the details of giant monsters when you had to know those details to survive. The stories of older Skakdi filled in whatever he wasn’t able to learn on his own. To sum up, basically there was a reason everyone stuck with Tahtoraks.

Clash was pacing around with heavy footfalls, nervously checking the doorway every few seconds.

Asperity remained in the NUVA room, floating above and waiting to attack. Not really different from how she normally spent her time.

Voracious had finally taken his welding helmet off and was angrily cleaning it with a dirty rag, not getting anywhere with the task.

Cravious focused on Sagacious, who he could tell was still counting things. He inclined his chin to her, “You bring any supplies?

Sagacious huffed and lifted up a large bag that was heavily laden, “Of course.” She set it back down and leaned forward intensely, “If we lose the Cube, the total losses from that event might be irreversible. Without the Rig, we might not stand any chance of recouping anything.

Cravious leaned back against the wall and worked his jaw. The only thing more valuable than his money was his life, and even that was sometimes iffy. Anger and regret washed through him. Had he just thrown away his last chance to get ahead in the world?

No. No, he hadn’t.

Cravious went through the reasoning he had used when he only had seconds of thought after seeing that rift in reality. His instincts had been sound. The Zivon would have killed them all if they had not gotten inside the temple so quickly. That had been and still was their only option.

Once it got bored and left, then opportunity was ripe for the village at the sacred temple Icarax had talked about. Cravious knew he could make a killing on non-Skakdi. Widgets wouldn’t be a problem. The only problem was being able to wait long enough to make sure the Zivon wasn’t just waiting in whatever other reality they liked to hide in.

How much food do we got?

Sagacious straightened as both Clash and Voracious looked her way as well, “If we eat just enough once a day, two weeks. If we stretch things even thinner, I see us making it over a month easy.

Voracious mumbled something to himself about less than one meal per day not being close to anything resembling easy.

Cravious nodded, “Good. Let’s play the long game. I say we wait a week before checking outside. And even then perhaps waiting another week after that just to be safe.

That seemed to calm Clash down and he stopped pacing. He still stood in the doorway, though.

Sagacious just frowned and nodded, her optics drifting to the sand pit as she went back to calculating potential losses and how to recuperate them.

Cravious took a deep breath and slowly let it out. It was a good thing he had decided to come here to the ziggurat. They all would have been dead otherwise. He just wished Yumiwak had left the volcano faster and taken her rite-born with her. He knew it had been less than a day, but it felt like she had been in there for months. She needed to learn how to share.

Cravious mentally chuckled at that. Sharing was for losers or those who were contractually obligated.

The winds of change favored Kat. She could feel the light burn in her chest after the hike from where she'd been recuperating to the floating temple on the silver lake. Around her were the sights and smells and sounds of faith in action. The soft lapping of the waves against the walkways signaling the cycles of life, the stone pillars reminding her of the enduring spirit of the Builders, and the open air teaching her to be free. Kat didn't need so much of the last lesson.

She saw the ghost named Nuju in his frizzled disarray, zapping in and out of existence, as she approached the portal where Onaku vanished into the unknown. Nuju nodded at her, and replied; "I wouldn't know, I can't leave. Hello to you as well. It's nice to be greeted. I am Nuju. Are you here to discover what you might within the shifting realm of the Far Shore? Are you here to be a hero, or are you just a tourist?"

ooc: @The UltimoScorp

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 1

Happy chat.