Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

"It sounds like this Icarax guy you encountered was right on the money," Sidra said, glancing at Viltia, "This... place we're in, the Time Between Time, was the domain of a being called Tren Krom, something older and more powerful than any Aspect of Great Spirit. I think our NUVA powers come from him," she pointed towards her now-golden eyes. 

"Now, from what I've managed to piece together, when Mata Nui became a Great Spirit, he somehow sealed Tren Krom away in another plane, and broke the key into six objects called the Makoki Stones. One of the Stones is already here in Kini-Nui, Stannis found another one and ran off with it, and you've just told me Korruhn currently has another. If we can bring all six of the Stones together, we can open the way to Tren Krom, who should hopefully be able to deal with Mata Nui... and help stop the multiverse from unraveling before we all cease to exist." 

Of course, with three of the Stones still unaccounted for, and two of them in the hands of people who had every reason to never want to work with her, the task was still far easier said than done. 

@Smudge8 @Kal the Guardian

• Like 4

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Katrin Nuva - ??? - Far Shore:

“Hello. I am Kapura.”

“Uhhhh, hello Kapura, I’m Katrin. Can… I ask you some questions?”

“Yes.”

“Okay, great! Hey, I ran into someone else when I first got here, and they ran away from me, is that normal?”

“Yes.”

Kat’s brow furrowed. “So….. why aren’t you running away?”

“You do not seem hostile. Vakama says that I am “Built Different”. He says I am not like other Matoran. I believe he does not like this.” Kapura looked over Kat once more. “Are you a minion of Tahu?”

Kat frowned. “I’ve never heard of anyone called that. So I guess not?”

“You look like him. If you wish to reach Ta-Koro, follow the signs.”

“Will… you be okay out here?” Kat asked.

“Yes.”

“Well…. Alright. Oh, before I go, do you know a guy named Nuju?”

“I do not.”

“Oh.” Kat’s expression fell a bit, but she shook it off. “Well, take care, Kapura, I guess I’ll go find that koro you mentioned!” she ran off in the direction of the sign.

“Farewell, Katrin.”

With a goal in mind, Kat moved with a purpose now, and sooner than later, she found herself out of the charred forest and at the beginning of a well worn path that led up toward the volcano. She laced her hands behind her head and started up the path, but she’d barely gone a few dozen bio when several Matoran erupted from hiding places, brandishing spears and shields. They leapt forward with war cries and Kat swiftly found herself falling back on a style she hadn't used in a while. Like a leaf in the wind, she twisted this way and that, her movements circular and light, keeping her just out of harm's way time and again.

"Whoa hold on, I don't want to fight you guys!" She cried out, nearly taking a spear to the thigh for her lapse in focus. The Matoran stopped dead, as if astounded that Kat could speak. One in particular stepped forward, spear still at the ready. He wore a red Komau. 

'What are you?" He demanded.

"Uh…. A Toa?" She offered.

The Matoran's face grew more stern, if possible. "Liar. Toa are fearsome creatures, and command the very elements with their very being. I have seen a Toa, and you look nothing like one!" He jabbed his spear pointedly at Kats face. "Answer truthfully!"

The Toa of Fire raised her hands in a placating gesture, "I swear I'm a Toa! I'm just…. From somewhere far from here. Look, I'll prove it, okay? You said only a Toa can control elements, right?"

"That's right."

Kat held out her hand, and brought forth a small ball of fire. It flickered and danced gently in her palm. Many of the gathered warriors gasped and spoke to each other in hurried whispers. The leader's eyes lit up in surprise as well, but he simply looked at the flame and at Kat. His eyes narrowed, but he lowered his spear.

"We will take you to Vakama. He will know what this means. Now move!" The lead Matoran gestured along the path with his spear.

Kat made a mental note that these guys probably weren't Nuju's friends.

Edited by The UltimoScorp
  • Like 2

IC: Mazor-Kini-Nui

Mazor put a hand on his chin and contemplated. "And I'm asuming this being is conected to the object bearing his name," He gestured to the sphere, "During the time I carried the sphere I felt a presence of some sort, something friendly, that guided my actions as I manipulated it."

@Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian

• Like 3

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

"I'd imagine so," she nodded. "Though I've never felt such a presence myself. The most this Sphere has ever done for me is make me feel kind of relaxed when I'm holding it. I guess maybe it works differently now that we're outside of Mata Nui's universe?" 

@Smudge8

• Like 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran touched her Flame Sword again, since coming here it felt cool to the touch, and flames did not seem to sprout from it. This room depowered it. Yet her Kanoka of freezing still seemed to function. And more importantly, she could still feel Vokarda squirming inside her, and feel her body shifting and adjusting.

This room did not completely strip her of her abilities and resources. 

Mahrika them saw the second mask be inserted by Sorilax’s creation, now it was her turn. Standing on the tips of her large feet she inserted the spare mask back into the slot.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Mi-Kiri, Admin’s Servers

The combination was set with the placement of the three masks into the recessed walls. The three lights lit, and the walls went down as previously discovered. The puzzlers couldn’t help but check the three glowing lights and remember the order they lit: white, yellow, and then red.

“Oh dear,” said the Administrator; “it seems some of the combinations have degraded with time. Incorrect combinations may have consequences. Running a system scan. Please wait as this may take a few minutes.”

IC: Reliable Narrator | All Elemental Temples (Air, Fire, Water, Earth, Ice, and Stone)

The sandpits of the amaja circles stirred with a soft shake, and a sharp humming filled the air of each of the sacred spaces. The stones in each circle glow bright, and then without warning overcharged and exploded into tiny shards that scattered across the rooms. 

OOC: the currently active stone in each amaja circle has been destroyed as part of a trapped combination in the Mi-Kiri puzzle. I believe that means the Diamond stone for all temples.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Mi-Kiri, Admin’s Servers

“Thank you for your patience. I have concluded running the system scan. It seems we are still within operational levels, although there has been minimal corruption to a few files. To avoid contamination the renders have been purged.” The Admin’s last words echoed with a soft hiss.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @Harvali

• Like 3

Happy chat.

IC: Opal - Ash Barrens

For hours, Opal awaited her prey. She lurked, she circled, but every time she attempted to stride across the veil she was struck by that same inexplicable need to retreat. 

Until suddenly, she wasn't.

When next she surfaced in the Time Between Time, she felt no fear, no desire to flee. She didn't understand how, or why, but she knew she was finally free. Free to hunt. Free to bring Irnakk the prey he'd demanded she deliver. Poison roiled at the end of her stinger as she crept closer to the entrance of the temple she knew her quarry were still hiding inside of. 

Her stinger struck forth, flinging a gluttonous globule of glistening venom directly at the doorway. 

@Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Mi-Kiri Puzzle Room

With - Mahrika, Two

Sorilax finished up mentally talking with Viltia. He was not sure exactly what had just transpired here with their combination, but he doubted that it had been a good outcome. They all removed their Kanohi from their copper-lined slots. It was time to see if the Administrator really was forced to answer questions.

Administrator, what are the clues to this puzzle and what is the method we need to employ to decipher them?

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Harvali

IC: Forgemaster Viltia NUVA - Toa NUVA of the Green

Location - Kini-Nui Valley, Jungle

With - Sidra, Mazor, Muaka NUVA Proxima

Mata-Nui sealed away Tren Krom? Viltia was conflicted. What lengths did Mata-Nui go to to try to accomplish his goals? And had he been right to do so? It seemed like more and more he had fallen to his Aspect trappings. Viltia was going to have a lot to do to set things right for his sake.

Then Mazor talked about a connection to the sphere. After Sidra responded, Viltia spoke up, looking pleased with herself “Well that friendly presence was me, at least for a moment. When I was bathed in Tren Krom’s light and rearranged the stars, I saw their stories like open books. I even was able to add something of my own to what I saw. If being in Tren Krom’s light lets me do that, then maybe that’s just what Tren Krom can do once he’s free. Then he could write us all a better universe to live in.

Viltia shrugged, “Or something. I have no idea.

She continued, “But if we need to find all the Makoki stones, then we have to figure out where they come from. I guess the Far Shore portal. And then we just got one from an important Aspect. So I think places and beings of power have them.

Viltia followed the swirling engravings on her NUVA Kanohi with a single finger as she thought, staring at a small fern at her feet. Then she decided to actually contact Sorilax. He knew this stuff way more than she did.

Hey, are you busy?

His reply was actually fairly quick, considering who he was. I am currently figuring out a combination for a puzzle, but I do have a moment to spare as we await results.

We? Viltia wondered who he was with if Sala was still in the Far Shore. But that would have to wait for later. If I wanted to find more Makoki stones, where would I look?

There was a long pause. So long that Viltia thought that maybe he was busy again. Then, finally, a reply came.

The Far Shore, certainly. With its infinite timelines and possibilities, I do not doubt that one might be found there. Possibly more than one. As for other locations, Three names come to mind. Icarax, Miserix, and Spiriah. Icarax keeps to his domain in the Kumu Islets. Last I heard, Miserix was with someone from Nektann’s War Band. And Spiriah leads the hoards of Mesi. He… is a very confusing Aspect. I do not understand how he has not accomplished his goals yet. He is a force to be reckoned with, building underneath our feet for thousands of years. I wish I could say more, but I barely remember them. I must have known them long ago, before my memory was shrouded.

Another long pause. Then he continued. Otherwise I would search out places of power. Sala and I found one in Kini-Nui. The Far Shore has them, as I stated previously. Potentially Mi-Kiri, which I have learned, or perhaps remembered, that the Aqua Sphere is truly called. I shall see what this puzzle unlocks and let you know if I find a Makoki stone within.

Actually, before I become busy again, I must warn you. Something has happened to the A.I. known as the Administrator. Something about insects. Or bugs, I believe was the term used. But things have gotten worse since then, with it openly mocking my companion and I and threatening to kill us and all the Matoran structures. And that is not even to mention all the Vahki here. There is someone splicing up souls and imbuing the machines with them to make these horrible amalgamations. They are… I have to go. Something just went wrong with the combination.

Viltia was slightly concerned for him, but refrained from asking more and sent a quick Thank you.

She looked up and noticed Sidra and Mazor were waiting on her to continue, “Oh, sorry. I was talking with Sorilax. In my mind. He says we should check important places, like the Far Shore or the Aqua Sphere or places just like Kini-Nui. Although apparently there’s weird stuff happening in the Aqua Sphere. And then we should find Miserix and Spiriah. Although Stannis said Miserix was bad, and also Spiriah leads the Mesi, who are very bad. So that might not be easy.

Where do you think we should start? I guess maybe getting my Kaita mech, in case we have to fight.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Smudge8

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning, Mind Reading and Quick Healing

Location - Inside the Fire Ruins

With - Whira

A very odd noise brought Cravious to his feet. For a moment he wasn’t sure what had caused it, but looking closer, he realized the Diamond he had tossed into the sandpit had fragmented.

Why?

Did it hold power? Had something gone wrong with it? Was there some outside force influencing things?

Cravious grabbed the Emerald off to the side of the pit and then tossed it in. He backed away, but kept his optics on it. There were so many possibilities as to what was happening here.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ The Emerald has been placed in the Fire Ruins Amaja Circle.

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

"Nuju asked me to find Stannis, so I'm going to track him down and make sure that he and Korruhn bring their Stones back here," Sidra said. "So before you go, I'll need you to show me in your mind where you were when you last saw him. If I run into anyone else along the way, I'll spread the word about the importance of finding the other Stones." 

Sidra paused for a moment, weighing up her words. Giving orders and coming up with plans had never been her area of expertise. 

"I asked Nuju about going back to the Far Shore earlier, and he seemed convinced that the Stone Stannis found was the only one to be found there. But it's a place of infinite possibility, so you never know... especially if that new mask of yours is what I think it is. That said, getting your mech before another giant monster comes stomping through the valley sounds like a good idea. Maybe take the new guy with you," she gestured at Mazor, "He strikes me as someone who might benefit from an energised protodermis bath." 

@Kal the Guardian @Smudge8

• Like 2

Viltia nodded to every new bit of information, trying her best to remember it. Each sentence sent her spiraling off on so many tangents that she wanted to do. Like do a quick check of the island. Or see if Kini-Nui had an Amaja Circle. Or maybe warn the Mask of Creation guy about the world ending. He at least kind of seemed to want to protect things. He might want to know.

Viltia turned to Mazor, “Oh yeah, totally. I won’t be able to collect it, seeing as I’ll be dead and then being revived and all. The pure stuff only does good things, so maybe it can help you out. Just follow me to one of the bunkers if you want.

She turned back to Sidra, focusing on the fire from the night before. She fleshed out the memory, bringing to the forefront the feeling of the basalt beneath her feet, the smell of the cold air, the obscuring of the mists, the way the fire caused the shadows to jump about around the wooden tables she had made. She thought of the nearby temples and how even in the mists, the light of the moon cast deep shadows on their faces and on the ground. She thought of the crackling of the fire. She thought of anything that deepened the memory. When it almost felt like she was still sitting there, she said, “Okay, Sidra, I have the memory ready.

• Like 2

IC: Sidra - Kini Nui

"Thanks," she said, as she reached out with her powers. She took in every detail Viltia offered, sifting through sights and sounds to solidify a snapshot in her mind's eye. "Now, I suppose the only thing left to figure out is this," she withdrew to herself and held the Krom Sphere aloft. "It sounds like you two have a much deeper connection to this thing than me. Do you want me to keep looking after it, or do you want it back?"

@Smudge8 @Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

Viltia looked to Mazor and shrugged, “I have absolutely no idea.” She looked back at Sidra, “You’re the one with actual combat training. It might be safest with you.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2021 at 12:55 AM, EmperorWhenua said:

”Correct, it was what they most prized. What did you offer?” [the dude] said, and then quickly added on a polite disclaimer, saying, “And you are under no obligation to satisfy my idle curiosity. What you gave is a holy thing and you may disclose only of your own will.”

IC Stannis | Uhuraz' Plane

The Wanderer was reticent to share information needlessly and, true to his personality, remained quiet about what he had offered up in exchange for grace and passage. "I can imagine years in solitude could amass quite a curiosity, but I'll keep that between myself and the lord," Stannis said, playing along with the principle of sacred secrecy as long as it supported his own motivations. .

"Suit yourself," the dude said. He held his head at an angle for a second as he considered the things to say in addition and then settled on a particular string of words he graciously spat out, "I'll warn you that the Assessor will record the alms in due time and I will eventually find out regardless."

"The only thing that my kind have to offer," Whisper replied. "Power."

She was not a good liar, and it rendered the likelihood of her playing at deception rather low. The kraata Stannis had bestowed to Whisper still beat within her carapace and he instantly ruled out the leech or their bond as the power Whisper had given up, but she was to be believed that power of some kind had been parted with. Perhaps it was her own kraata ability, but more likely her shadow powers. Stannis made a mental note of it, realizing well in advance that this knowledge would be useful when they eventually would meet combat in this labyrinthine plane; the warmage would need to compensate for the sudden weaknesses of his companions. They could keep him alive, and in turn he could keep them fighting. 

Korruhn asked questions pertaining to Irnakk, and while the docent had little to say about the Great Spirit of Nightmares there was a certain disgust towards the deity to be noticed. An old spat, perhaps, or confusion about Irnakk's erratic comings and doings, Stannis thought, reflecting that the docent had as much regard for the great spirit as Caedast had for her own apotheosized form in the Far Shore dimension. Gods were not to be trifled with even when they were certainly mistrustful. 

The signs in the strange dimension seemed to indicate they were getting close to an auditorium; surely this would be where Uhuraz would reside. The docent indicated as much when he turned around to the group right before the last hallway turn. "We are almost to His Lord. If you have any further questions of me, this would be when to do it."

@Unreliable Narrator @Gecko Greavesy @Crimson Jester

• Like 2

IC: Grime | Uhuraz Temple

"I'm sorry, I forgot your name. What was it again?"

@EmperorWhenuaIC: Administrator | Mi-Kiri

"Puzzle? This is not a puzzle. This is a security verification. You must know the correct combination that loads the appropriate audio and visual data in order for the next space to be -- oh why am I telling you this?" The Administrator seemed at conflict with itself, and stopped speaking. 

Mahrika remembered the jumble of stacked television sets in the Kas' penthouse, and how they were all connected through a series of colored wires. 

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

IE Dude 1 | Uhuraz' Plane

The toa smiled kindly at the little Builder. He remembered when he was like him, plucky, spry, smarter than a whip and more resourceful than he seemed, and assumed rightly that the Builder had to be all those things and more to thrive as he had in the wasteland of the Time Between Time. Dirty and grimy though he was, there was an uncanny strength in his eyes, even if it was fueled by adoration of another. Faith was a powerful driving factor and the toa knew it intimately. 

"I am called the Armourer," he said. "My name is Velox."

• Like 1

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran flinched she … it seemed odd that the Admin could just delete parts of Matoran culture but, something about their remark, it made her worded. Maybe they shouldn’t just try any random sequence.

Mahrika began to pace, rubbing her head. “Any ideas, Vokarda?” She muttered, to seemingly no response. For a moment, and then Vokarda pressed against her torso, directing the Ga-Matoran to look at her Flame Sword and that Mask of Concealment. 

What did that mean? The timing? Half a month had passed in between her getting both objects, she supposed had gained those objects after she met Kas but before she reached Mi-Kiri… 

Toa Kas?” There was a nod in her chest, and Mahrika thought. He had sent her and Ollem to the Fire Suva, that’s where she got her Flame Sword, but the colors of that puzzle were different. Had she seen those colors with something connected to Toa Kas before?

Sorilax, I … do you remember when we first met? Toa Kas, he had all those black glass cubes that were plugged in with different colored wires. I think those wires were red, yellow, and white too. And cables certainly run into this building.” She paused, “I … am not a 100% sure of their order, maybe red white yellow? I think that was it. It could have been the reverse though, but I … I don’t think so?” She should have paid closer attention to Kas’x apartment she supposed.

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

With - Mahrika, Two

Sorilax thought for a moment. He had most definitely observed all that he could while he had been there. It had been a fascinating snapshot of Toa life merged with technology. Many details rushed to his mind, most of them unimportant to their current predicament. Thankfully, the Ga-Matoran’s words helped him to hone in on the correct details. He knew those colors. They were on the boxes on the ground. It was easy to remember now that he thought about it, there had been so many of them.

You are right. That does seem very similar to this. I believe the order was what you said, except reversed. So, yellow, white, then red. From left to right, anyway. I suppose going from right to left could also be a viable solution. If the first does not work, then we should try the second.

Two put in his Kanohi at Sorilax’s mental command in the yellow room, then Sorilax input his Kanohi in the white room. He called to his companion in the red room, “We are ready to go, you can put yours in.

OOC: @Harvali @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Korruhn, Uhuraz' Plane

The questions and information swirled in Korruhn's brain like a maelstrom, a torrent of knowledge flowing until it found it's port, the data with which it fit. Korruhn found the connection to Irnakk and the Builders most curious. When he had first encountered Grime and Miserix, the two were with the Warskaks, and the Cartographer hadn't been able to discern why. But with Barius' connection to Irnakk, it all made sense. As to the nature of the relationship between Irnakk and the Builders? He had no answer.

"An armourer, you say?" Korruhn inquired. "This is quite the armoury. Who was this facility intended to arm, and for what purpose?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Unreliable Narrator @Gecko Greavesy

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: Mazor-Kini-Nui

Mazor stood queitly as Sidra and Vita talked. He clearly had missed out on a lot. Vita's words snaped him out of his thoughts. "Of course,"  he carefully took the Tren Krom Sphere from Sidra. "Thank you, it has some sentimental value to me." He then turned to face Vita. "Lead the way."

@Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian

• Like 2

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran nodded, and carefully slid the mask back onto the pedestal. Though she could not use this mask, she had saved it over the other noble mask. Vokarda, when she was a Matoran, she had wore a Noble Mask of Concealment, while Mahrika remembered nothing significant of a noble mask of strength. Her choice which to keep had been clear.

She … she should ask Sorilax about Ollem soon. 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Outside Kini-Nui with Mazor, Sidra, and Viltia

As Sidra passed the Krom sphere to Mazor she felt a sudden sadness, longing to hold it again, as if she were handing a dear friend off to a stranger. As for Mazor, the moment his hands touched the Krom Sphere he felt at peace, and that remembered warmth and comfort flooded him with the same sense of vitality as if he’d stepped into a warm room after a day in the snow.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @Gecko Greavesy, @Smudge8

IC: Reliable Narrator | Mi-Kiri, Admin’s Server Entrance

As the three masks were placed in the combination of Yellow, White, and Red, there was a whirring and the air in the rooms became warmer. A trap door revealed itself in the floor of the central chamber, with stairs leading down into a space filled with stars much like the ceilings or walls (or even floors) found in the Elemental Temples across the island. A beautifully intricate railing ran down the right hand wall of the stairs, and a rail for a chairlift replaced a railing on the left.

"I have loaded the available files based on the combination provided," said the Administrator.

• Like 2

Happy chat.

2 hours ago, Crimson Jester said:

"An armourer, you say?" Korruhn inquired. "This is quite the armoury. Who was this facility intended to arm, and for what purpose?"

IE Velox | Uhuraz' Plane

"A simple misunderstanding of facts, Voided One. Shed your rose-tinted lenses of cognitive dissonance. I am the Armourer but I didn't say that this an armoury," Velox corrected. "It is a temple and a High Place, a creation of Uhuraz' will."

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC [Zataka - On the slopes of Irnakk’s Tooth, w. Scarrow & Weaver.]

The reborn Zataka studied Yumiwak with a stoic expression. She could see the incredulity in the princess’ eyes, the anger. The irony was not lost on her. The betrayal had hurt, but this reversal of fortunes had to be far worse. But it brought the titan no joy. There was no feeling of schadenfreude or any desire to gloat or to exact revenge upon Yumiwak for her transgressions. She was beyond that now. She had upheld her end of their deal to the utmost. And in a way, Yumi had upheld hers too, in a way. 

Finally, the princess cast down her eyes and did the right thing. The satchel came to rest in Zataka’s hand and she retracted it back into the night sky slowly rolling off her shoulders like a royal mantle.

:Our business is concluded: she stated. :Not as planned -  for either of us. But do not dwell on this. Move on, focus on what lies ahead.:

The titan briefly glanced upward, as if listening to something faint and far away.

:You should hurry. Time is running out.:

The titan raised her hand once more and flashed the Skakdi the shaka sign as a farewell as she began to fade away. The star-dotted darkness dissipated and the two Zivon shimmered once and were gone, leaving the Skakdi princess and her allies potentially shaken, but unharmed.

-----

A few moments later, Zataka became corporeal once more on the slopes of Irnakk’s tooth. She took the time to look at her new, unfamiliar self. She knew she was in this precise time and place in the universe, but part of her still felt oddly detached. Perhaps this new ability had something to do with that? She focused a little more on being in the here and now and with unexpected natural ease, the smoke billowing off of her ceased. She was now almost back to her usual self, minus the changes to her armor. Her fingers trailed along the segmented ridge curling around her arm, starting from her wrist and ending at her elbow. She squeezed her flexors and with metallic shhhkt sound, the ridge extended into a scythe like blade, easily extended four feet from her elbow now and another two from her wrist. She concentrated again and the elbow spike retracted again, leaving only the wrist blade portion. She tried the same with the segments on her back but got interrupted by the mental equivalent of getting poked in the back by something sharp.

:What?: she asked, feeling how thin the veil around her became and the presence of the Zivon. They did not speak, but she could understand them all the same. They were restless. She could relate.

:I know, I know. I’m still figuring things out. I need to find someone who can fix the Olmak…:

She briefly thought back to the moment Dume had disintegrated in her hand. Cryptic until the end. His kind of knowledge would have been rather useful right about now - meaning the old fool was as helpful now as he had been in life. So now, she had to work with what she had. And what she had were two very eager paradimensional monsters. She then turned around to face the empty air - behind which Weaver and Scarrow were waiting, on the other plane of reality. And they could cover a lot of ground. In the East was the sunken head of Mata-Nui she’d been to just before that had happened. To the North was the destroyed rig and little else from what she knew. That made picking a place to start searching a little easier. 

:Scarrow - stay in your realm, but go South, see if you can find the refugees. Weaver - you’re with me, we’re heading West.:

She was finally free to proceed with her quest again.

:Oh...and keep an eye out for Tahtorak and other big things.:

-----

Scarrow and Weaver moved out, each in the direction she’d told them. Zataka managed to keep up at first, but soon found it to be slow going and the Zivon, safe on their side of the veil soon outpaced her. The titan suddenly felt rather tired. Not to the point of being unable to continue, but more like the way one felt after several nights with inadequate amounts of sleep. Functional, but not at peak efficiency. Perhaps the transformation had had some exhausting side-effects that weren’t immediately obvious, with all the adrenaline of having your everything warped into new shapes. That seemed most likely, unless there was something else at work here? No matter, she had to keep moving.

-----

Weaver, apex predator they now were, made good time slipping westbound through the nightmare realm, all the while observing the real world with hungry eyes. And it didn’t take the riteborn to find something of interest. Coming from the North was a trail of destruction that had been carved through landscape. Upturned earth turned to Marshlands, dotted by massive puddles in the shape of giant reptilian footprints. Zataka had mentioned Tahtorak. Whatever made this was definitely big enough to fit the name. The Zivon decided to follow. If there was something big at the end of the trail, they could always give it a wide berth...or take it down when last expected if the opportunity presented itself…

-----

Scarrow headed South down the slope of the tooth, equally concealed behind the veil, but did not get very far as their senses were alerted to another of their kind, not too far away. Zataka had said to head further down the length of the island, but their curiosity got the better of them, for the moment at least. They moved in for a closer look and soon, in the distance beyond the veil, saw the other Zivon laying siege to some kind of temple.

Opal…

How’d they known that name? They couldn’t remember. At least it didn’t stir up any negative feelings. But they were also in each other’s territory at this range and that was reason enough to be weary. At least for now, they would watch for a moment longer...

-----

Zataka had been on the march for some time now and covered some distance, even at reduced speed, but nowhere near the distance the Zivon could cover. So it came as no surprise to her that she suddenly felt the mental nudge again as Weaver returned to her side, quite pleased with themselves. She reached out with her mask and found, thanks to being bound by Irnakk’s rites, that she could establish a mental link with the hunter. They relayed to her all they’d seen. The trail of destruction winding its way to the Southwest, the carcass of the Tahtorak at the end of it - and the settlement it had approached and subsequently turned away from. And along the way, it had also taken note of the increasing encroachment of the oceans.

:Well done, Weaver. There’s no time to detour, but hopefully we can find a snack for you along the way as a reward.:

She turned to move away, then remembered that Scarrow was still scouting towards the South, which was no longer as crucial a task. She reached out to the other Zivon, recalling them to her side as well - but felt hesitation.

:What is it?:

In response, they relayed the image of the ziggurat, under attack by another Zivon - one she had seen before, she realized and not too long ago. Attacking a temple like this seemed rather odd for such a creature - unless there was someone or something worth attacking inside.

:Keep an eye on that one. Keep me updated on the situation and return to me once it’s resolved or it’s no longer convenient to stay.:

With that, the titan turned and began to head towards the new refugee settlement Weaver had shown her. Maybe there she could find someone to point her toward what she needed. 

• Like 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

With - Mahrika, Two

Triumphant indeed!” Sorilax exclaimed, “We did it, Sala! We- Oh.” Sorilax’s speech grew slower and a little sad, “Do excuse me. You never told me your name, so perhaps it was easier to fill in what I wanted. You see, I have a Matoran friend that cannot be here right now.” Sorilax paused, staring off into space, “I miss his friendship. I hope he is doing well.” He grew more upbeat, “But let us not dwell on that now.

Sorilax strode to the stairs and started walking down them, Two scampering close behind and taking in all he could. “Thank you for loading, Administrator,” Sorilax was not sure what “loading” meant, but apparently it had happened.

As he descended down the stairs, Sorilax took in the star fields that made up, well, everything here except for the stairs. He had never seen anything like it before. It was fascinating. How could you build using Space itself as your material?

Viltia motioned in the direction of Kini-Nui, “Alright, this way.” She took a couple steps, but then paused, turning back to her friend, “Was that everything, Sidra?

OOC: @Smudge8 @Gecko Greavesy

• Like 1

IC: The Administrator | Mi-Kiri, Server Entrance

"Error: other users currently have this document open. This document is in read-only mode. Changes can't be synced. Would you like to save a local copy of your data?"

The Administrator's statement prompted Sorilax for a reply as he descended into the room of starlight.

• Like 3

Happy chat.

IC: Triage - Ko-Pou/Taku ramp

Triage looked to the Ko-Pou Matoran. "If you're looking to help with things, maybe you should go help Okuo with that." The medic then turned to Berys, a confused expression on his face.

"Uh, well...I'm not that kind of doctor. But I think Skyra is referring to something a little more mystical. She just can't say the word for it..."

@BULiK@Snelly@Onaku@Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

With - Mahrika, Two

Sorilax stopped mid-step. He had absolutely no idea what the Administrator had just said. He ran it back several times in his head, trying to pick apart what was trying to be communicated. He settled on “changes”. It seemed like he would not be able to change whatever he found due to some error because of someone else.

He tried his best to answer, “Do the option that allows changes to be made. Thank you.” He continued descending, hoping that would work.

• Like 2

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Kumu Peninsula, The Muaka) - Spectrum is Green

Three Toa, one Zyglak and one former-Steltian were making their way across the shadowy land known as Kumu, when something caught their attention. "Oh, that’s a lovely shade of green." Tekmo commented on the colour of the airship above them, trying to speak over the roar of the Muaka’s engine and the howling wind of the peninsula. "Makes a change from the usual drab grey or eye-searing reflective silver."

Waveahk fought the urge to decapitate Tekmo with his lobster claw as his eyes rolled into the back of his head. "Wait here. Not that you can wait anywhere else. I’ll see if we can’t hitch a ride, so to speak." Waveahk began to float higher up, to try and grab the crew’s attention. He could make out the logo on the side - a mountain with a foot poking out from under it. And the name: 'Ambling Alp'.

@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA@Void Emissary@EmperorWhenua

IC: Ulkarr (Kini-Koro) - Power Play

"'Cautious'..." A sound that might have been a chuckle escaped Ulkarr’s mouth. "The truth is likely more simple; they simply did not want Whisper to have another follower. If my kin were not more concerned with hoarding power rather than consolidating it... in any case, it will likely take more than the two of us... we should return to Tobduk-Koro. There will no doubt be no shortage of those who desire retribution for this attack." He then started moving back towards the portal.

@Harvali

IC: NU-8020S, Achro, Navu and Klawne (Ko-Pou, The Taku, Exterior) - Masquerade Under the Light

"It’s... it’s him." Klawne said, pointing towards the red, misshapen Toa, who lumbered off the Taku’s ramp towards them, followed by a small, scared-looking grey Matoran.

"Hello, people who live here. We have come to ext - er..."

"Evacuate."

"Evacuate you, yes, that is the word." Achro’s strange demeanour - as if he was inebriated by something - did nothing to make Klawne’s concern over his presence go away.

NU-8020S said nothing as she went past.

@Harvali@Tarn@Snelly@BULiK

IC: Reckless, Obedient, Impressionable and Wayward (Tobduk-Koro, Forge of Vakama) - Priority One

"I shall administer disks to the infected." Reckless took the Remove Poison Kanoka from Sucordak, and left. Obedient buzzed something to Wayward, who buzzed something back. Whatever it was, it didn’t please Obedient.

"Very well, I shall go report on the effectiveness of the disks." He then scuttled out of the Forge after Reckless, only to be replaced by Impressionable, who had just come in.

"I have a message from the Squad Mother, for Akiri Kanohi-"

"The Akiri is preoccupied. Relay your message to me, instead."

"This information is classified. Priority one."

"Please. EVERYTHING is priority one with the Squad Mother. It is rarely ever deserving of that classification."

Impressionable looked over his brother’s shoulder to look at Kanohi, doing what could only be described as a robotic version of Burnak cub eyes, his optics widened and flickering as he pathetically clinked his mandibles together.

@Harvali

IC Katrin Nuva - Ta-Koro - Far Shore:

Vakama turned out to be another Matoran, but one who evidently was the leader of the koro. Kat had to duck under the doorway to fit in the stone and ash-mud hut. In the center of the room was a fire pit, which cast the room with eerie shadows, and shrouded the Matoran before her in darkness, save for his outline, and the glow of his eyes and heart light. Upon his face was an ornate Great Huna, and he held a metal staff with a flame on the end which Kat could sense was elemental in nature. Interestingly, the fire in the pit felt the same.

Vakama took in Kat's figure slowly, from her tall and powerful form, to the armor on her body which twinkled in the firelight, and finally her mask.

"Welcome to Ta-Koro, stranger. I am Vakama, Turaga of this Wahi. My Guard Captain tells me you claim to be Toa. I would like to see proof of your claim."

Kat knelt(it was more comfortable than being in a sort of half bow due to the ceiling's height) and once more produced a small flame in her palm. It was warmer in color and cast light through the small space, giving the Toa of Fire a proper look at Vakama. He wore the robes of a Turaga, but was definitely not one. Not physically, anyway. Like the Captain before, Vakama's eyes narrowed at the sight of the fire that danced gently in Katrin's hand.

"An interesting display. But not one that proves you to be a Toa." As he said this, Vakama raised his own hand aloft, and after a moment, he too produced a red ball of fire in his hand. It seemed angrier though, and almost seemed to want to jump away from his hand.

Kat's eyes went wide.

"You see? With the right knowledge, one can acquire a portion of a True Toa's power."

"How did you-"

"Knowledge I share only with a trusted few. If you truly are a Toa, you will need more than simple tricks to prove it."

Kat frowned. "What could I do to prove it, then?'

Vakama chuckled, "What indeed!" He gestured to the fire pit. "A simple task. Extinguish the flame."

Kat gave him a puzzled look, "That's it?"

"Certainly such a task is not too difficult?" Vakama asked smugly.

"No, it's just… figured you'd want me to give a better display of my powers is all."

Vakama shook his head. "This will be all the proof I require.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Stannis | Uhuraz' Plane

"We are almost to His Lord. If you have any further questions of me, this would be when to do it."

IC: Whisper - Uharaz's Plane

"I have no further questions," Whisper replied. "At least, not for you."

She glanced at Stannis, still wondering why he'd brought them all here, and what he hoped to find.

@EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester

2 hours ago, Kal the Guardian said:

Alright, this way.” She took a couple steps, but then paused, turning back to her friend, “Was that everything, Sidra?

"No, I think that's everything," she replied absently, staring at the hand that had moments ago been holding the Krom Sphere. She hoped she'd made the right choice. "Good luck, you two. We're all going to need it for what comes next." 

@Kal the Guardian @Smudge8

• Like 2

Viltia smiled warmly, “Farewell, and good luck to you, too. Stay as safe as you can. I'll see you soon.

She turned away, now focused on the task ahead. She had a couple things to check while she walked Mazor to the bunker she was going to unlock. Three small wooden cards formed in the air, text already inscribed into them. Viltia called upon the power that flowed within her like a hidden stream and three duplicate Viltias were called from the past. One was from before the NUVA transformation, but that one was quickly dismissed and replaced.

Each past Viltia was given a card that floated to them. They all read their cards quickly, looking back up at Viltia, eager to go. With a nod from their summoner, the past Viltias flew into the air, the jungle branches parting temporarily to allow them passage.

Viltia turned to Mazor, deciding to leave the table of food for the Rahi here, “Okay, come on. It’s not that far.” She set off into the jungle, Muaka by her side and keeping an optic out for any danger.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Mi-Kiri, Server Entrance

“Saving a local copy of your data,” replied the Administrator to Sorilax’s decision. “Saved. Editing of the file is now allowed. Proceeding with render.”

Sorilax could feel the weight of each step, as if the space were as real as the boughs and wooden planks that made up Le-Metru Nuva. He could feel the cool temperature, and a soft breeze coming from his right. Okay, maybe not so soft. The stairs began to bend in the breeze, and he could feel his center of gravity beginning to tilt. Then the Administrator chimed in again;

"Error: element data is only available for novelty products 2010 and later,” said the discordant voice of the Admin in the strange space of duplicating Sorilax files. “Error. Another user is viewing this file. Would you like to - “

Another staircase, the same as the one he stood on, appeared in the starscape. Another him was standing on it, sliding to the left just like him as the stairs twisted and began to stretch. The other Sorilax began to rubber band, the body stretching and contorting in all sorts of odd ways.

“Error. Another user is viewing this file. Would you like to -”

A third staircase and a third Sorilax appeared. Off in the starscape. Then another, and another. The stars began to swim with repeatedly spawning and rendering staircases with a Sorilax on each one. Everything kept sliding to the left in a circle, like they were getting sucked down a drain pipe. One Sorilax began to T-Pose and spun in circles like some eldritch abomination.

“An unexpected error has occurred,” the Admin’s voice broke in. “The render will quit. Unsaved changes may be lost.”

Mahrika watched Sorilax descend through the trapdoor and then the opening was gone. The lights of the servers covering the walls blinked like fireflies in a repeating pattern that flickered across the room in a counter clockwise pattern. It flickered faster and faster until she heard the Admin say;

“Incorrect combination. Your friend will be returned shortly.

The trapdoor reappeared, and Sorilax and his host rahkshi were flung from it to land back in the central room with the cables and the white floor.

“I am sorry,” said the Administrator; “That combination was incorrect and rendering elements prior to 2010 are impossible. You will need to access manual files for your element descriptions. It seems both combinations ending with the red light are d̴̛͉ä̸̪n̵͕͑g̸͓͘ē̶̻r̵̝̂o̴̓͜u̷̙̓s̷̻̓."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @Harvali. Due to entering the trapped combination and verbally confirming, an error has occurred and Sorilax has gained the following Psychological Flaw. Please add it to his profile:

Desynced File: this character may only use the breed quirks listed on their profile while they retain this flaw.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 3

Happy chat.

IC: Skyra Daring - The Taku (Ramp) -

"S-Shut up! I can say it! It's...prog...proxyma....proximote...proxima? AH PROXIMA! THAT'S IT!" Skyra exclaimed loudly. 

"But yeah anyway...whoever is closest to me when I become NUVA will get NUVA Proxima. Could be literally anyone, as long as they aren't already NUVA I guess." 

@Onaku @Tarn @BULiK @pokemonlover360 @Vezok's Friend

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

With - Mahrika, Two

Kas was right, there were a ton of errors. Something needed to be done here. He was just confused beyond himself, however. At least he had understood part of what was happening with the Far Shore. This predicament was far beyond what he had spent his life studying and thinking about.

Sorilax picked himself up from the floor and directed Two back to the yellow room. They both removed their masks and Sorilax called out to the Ga-Matoran, “Well, that did not quite work. Let us try red, white, then yellow. Go ahead and place your Kanohi when ready.

OOC: @Harvali @Unreliable Narrator Harvali, go ahead and bunny Sorilax and Two putting in the Kanohi. Unless you wanted to try a different combination, of course.

With - Mazor, Muaka NUVA Proxima

Viltia walked through the jungle, roots and branches moving to allow her passage. For every few steps she took, she took a couple using her tethers. They grabbed the trees to pull her along or planted themselves into the ground to support her weight as they lifted her up for a moment. As they moved along, the jungle rearranged itself back to the way it had been.

Mazor spoke up after rejoining her, “Who exactly are you?

Viltia cocked her head to the side for a moment, “Did I not introduce myself? I thought Sidra did. I’m Viltia. It’s very nice to meet you.” She turned and smiled at him, not looking where she was going for a few moments. Not that it mattered, as everything still moved from her path.

The jungle started to thin and Viltia got her bearings as she viewed more of the valley. She changed course slightly, still leading Mazor. Soon after, their destination could be seen off in the distance, even through the moss hanging from the trees and the thick ferns that were around their feet.

OOC: @Smudge8

IC: Past Forgemaster Viltia NUVA #1 - Toa NUVA of the Green

Location - Kini-Nui, Amaja Circle

With - Past Viltia #2

Past Viltia #1 gazed at the Amaja Circle of Kini-Nui, confused as to why bits of Diamond were scattered in the stands. Had something happened here? Had it to do with the Administrator and Sorilax?

Not having the Diamond was very bad. And she couldn’t make more on her own. She would have to ask the Administrator what to do to be able to make more. Or perhaps she should ask someone more trustworthy.

Of course, it wasn’t like she was going to remember this. So she created a small wooden sheet, inscribing on it important notes present her would need to know.

Past Viltia #2 was looking down at the Far Shore portal, “You think that’s Muju?

#1 looked at her, “Wasn’t it Juju? Or… Nuju? Or something?

#2 glanced back, frowning, “I don’t remember.” She brightened up, “But I could go ask him.

#1 thought hard for a moment, then made a decision, “No, not right now. You should go check the Grand Fau Temple, see if the Amaja stone there was destroyed. I’m going to place the Muaka’s Optic here. Hopefully it will keep any future rite-born in the volcano. You should place the-

#2 cut in, “Emerald. Just in case there are any already near Le-Metru Nuva, we have to give them the option to get away for the village’s sake.

They both nodded in agreement.

#2 teleported away. #1 grabbed the Muaka’s Optic, weighing it in her hand and momentarily thinking of her NUVA Proxima companion before placing it in the circle. She needed to figure out how to get those Diamonds back. Or perhaps go and kill all the active rite-born except for Nektann. She inscribed more on her wooden sheet and teleported away.

OOC: The Muaka's Eye has been placed in the Kini-Nui Amaja Circle.

IC: Past Forgemaster Viltia NUVA #2 - Toa NUVA of the Green

Location - Air Ruins

Past Viltia #2 welcomed the feeling of entering the Suva space of the Air Ruins. It just reminded her of so many good things. As she walked to the NUVA room, she saw the portal nearby and realized she hadn’t needed to teleport here on her own. Oh well, maybe next time. At least she wouldn’t remember making that mistake.

To her disappointment, the Diamond was scattered around the bleachers here as well. That really stunk. She shook her head and let it drop for a moment before collecting herself. It didn’t matter. Le-Metru Nuva had survived through Nektann and the Untethered without the Amaja Circles. So anything additional would help. She picked up the Emerald and placed it in the Amaja Circle. That done, she wrote it on her own sheet of wood and started her exit.

OOC: The Emerald has been placed in the Air Ruins Amaja Circle.

IC: Past Forgemaster Viltia NUVA #3 - Toa NUVA of the Green

Location - Kumu Islet

Past Viltia #3 stirred the ashes of the fire she had been at the night before with Korruhn, his Aspect, Grime, Stannis/Caedast, and Whisper. Things looked so different in the light of day. The temples looked less imposing, while still looking aged and decrepit. She looked at the card present Viltia had given her again. She was supposed to wait until Sidra got here and then go and confirm it. If present her opened the bunker before then, then that was a shame, but nothing could be done.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy

Edited by Kal the Guardian
  • Like 2

IC Katrin Nuva - Ta-Koro - Far Shore:

With a shrug, Kat extended an arm, and stretched out. The fire before her wavered, as she took hold of it with her power. Lessons from her masters flitted through her mind. The flame and she were connected. She closed her hand, and the flame began to shrink. Further and further, she pulled the energy of the fire into herself, until it reached naught but glowing embers. 

But it refused to go out. Something fought. The flame, small and fragile though it was, steadfastly burned. Kat frowned. She let go, and the flame erupted into a full fire once more.

“Not so easy, hmm?”

Kat didn’t respond, simply reached out once more, more intensely, and the crackle of the fire went still once more as she attempted a second time. Once more, the flame fell to a dull orange glow of embers, but would dim no further.

Again she tried. And again, she failed. Over and over and over and over and over, until Vakama stopped her.

She looked at him, mystified. “I’ve never seen fire behave this way.”

He nodded. “It is the Flame of Tahu. None but he can extinguish it. The Spirit of Fire is stubborn. And powerful.”

“Tahu…. Kapura said something about Tahu, who is he?”

Vakama looked genuinely surprised. “He is the Toa of Fire. protector and destroyer all at once, a fearsome and dangerous foe to have, and perhaps even more so as an ally.”

“Can I meet him?” Kat asked.

“He would destroy you, stranger." Vakama scoffed.

Kat's face slowly lit up at these words.  "So he's pretty strong, huh?"

Vakama scowled, "He is the living embodiment of flame and heat. He has no equal, even among other Toa."

Kat thought on this for a moment. "If I can extinguish the flame…. Will you take me to see him?"

Vakama, knowing very well that the stranger before him would never be able to accomplish such a task, smiled. "Certainly."

• Like 3

Location - Kini-Nui Valley, Unopened Bunker

With - Mazor, Muaka NUVA Proxima

Viltia nodded emphatically, “Yup. At least for a little bit. Mata-Nui apparently used to have tethers like this-” She wiggled her many tethers, looking like a bed of sea grass, “-and I think that might have something to do with it. I really have no idea how I was able to do it. I just felt that I could and so I did. Hopefully I did the right thing.” She turned and motioned with her arm, “We’re almost there. C’mon.

As they continued walking, they passed thick jungle vines and clumps of moss that dangled from the boughs of crooked trees. These all thinned out and dropped away as they walked to reveal a massive gray bunker before them. The closed door to the bunker was gigantic. It stood a hundred feet tall by almost half that in width. Its metal surface was scored with scratches, covered with a couple bits of faded graffiti, and full of dents from particularly hefty boulders.

As they were walking up to it, two past Viltias showed up, handing their wooden sheets to Viltia before she dismissed them back to the past. She looked at the wooden sheets and tried her best to place the notes in her mind. But her focus was elsewhere currently. They had arrived.

Viltia placed her hand to the bunker, feeling not just it’s cool touch from being in the shade of the mountain in the mid-morning light, but also feeling the near insatiable hunger Sidra had described to her a month before.

She knew what needed to happen next. She turned to Mazor and said, “Excuse me for a moment, I need to die real quick,” before pouring all that she had into the door. Element, Disc power, even her breed quirks. She placed both hands on the door and let it consume all it wanted. She was anticipating the feeling of no going back. She was ready to barrel right past it and see if maybe this time she could touch death.

Who knows, with the Krom Sphere so close, maybe something cool would happen again.

OOC: @Smudge8 @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

IC: Onaku - The Far Shore

Chapter 1 - Expectations

Onaku wasn’t sure what to make of his trip to the place he found himself in, a desolate wasteland of rock and gravel with lightning arcing across the heavily overcast sky up above. But what he remembered of it felt like falling through a kaleidoscope of starscapes, landscapes, and abstract visualizations, the strangest sights whizzing him by as he fell for what felt like an eternity. Then, suddenly, he was here, in the wasteland, underneath a churning sky full of light and fire in between the darkened cloud cover. In the distance, a building of metal and stone, the only discernible feature in an otherwise dreary and monotonous landscape.

With the sky above churning with electric bolts looking for any excuse to hit the ground, Onaku knew he was like a lightning rod standing out in the middle of the rocky plane. He had to hurry and get to cover, and other than the jagged mountains skewering the sky from beyond the horizon, the only place he could see that might provide him with it was the building. Thus he began his sprint, huffing and puffing as he kicked up the gravelly dust lining the uneven ground, making good headway toward the building.

Momentarily, his thoughts turned to what might lie ahead. Perhaps he would find a Makoki stone fragment in there? Or perhaps another unfortunate soul who’d gotten lost in the far shore? In any case, it was the only path forward that Onaku had before him, though he did wonder if it was a bit too obvious an answer. His thoughts were cut short at the strong taste of metal in his mouth, distinct from his usual mouth taste in how sharp it felt. Compounding it was the feeling of prickling across his form, and the crackling noise in his ears. He only had a second to realize what this meant before the whole world went blinding white.

Onaku found himself thrown to the ground with extraordinary force, twitching and flailing helplessly as he felt the raw energy pulse through and burn him from the inside out. He wanted to scream, but the once-Toa found himself robbed of the ability to articulate even his vocal cords, his nerves feeling as if they were literally on fire, untamed electricity sparking violently through his system and making his muscles twitch, stiffen up, and spasm uncontrollably. His eyes flew wide while pulses of pain coursed through his body erratically, and his heartlight flickered with dangerous irregularity while breath eluded him for what felt like ages

With every ounce of strength in his body, Onaku managed to force a gulp of air down into lungs, just barely managing to avoid passing out as he painstakingly inflated his chest and deflated it with every bit of manual control he could exert over it, his every breath shallow but just sufficient to stave off blacking out completely, as much as the sweet embrace of unconsciousness tempted him at that moment. Though the spasms continued along with the electricity coursing through his body, Onaku managed to roll over onto his stomach before he began dragging himself forward with his twitching, numbing arms, his determined focus locked on the building up ahead as he slowly continued his journey to it.

It was only half-way from where the lightning had struck him to the building that he finally managed to stumble back to his feet without falling over again, making the rest of the trip on his feet without further electric incidents. Noting at arrival that the building’s smooth wall of a front door had no discernable way to open it up, with no hidden switches he could find on or around it, nor any response to him pushing on it with all his might, Onaku began to circle the building, finding only further smooth walls along its side before finally rounding the corner to the back.

Rather than more of the same smooth impenetrable walls, Onaku found a large sparking gash in the building’s exterior, the metal red hot and the stonework molten slag around a hole large enough for him to fit through if he was careful not to touch the still glowing material. Looking around for any signs of who might have made this hole and finding no one, the once-Toa gingerly moseyed inside through the hole, finding himself in a smooth metallic corridor with red glowing crystal fixtures on the ceiling that cast the entire space in a deep sanguine hue.

Making his way inside, the roaring ambient of the outside atmosphere was soon replaced with a quiet mechanical hum that permeated the entire space. Onaku soon found himself at a junction, with labels above each corridor offshoot in letters he couldn’t understand but could discern were distantly related to matoran. One corridor’s label was distinct from the others, as rather than letters there was a symbol, a humanoid figure with its arms outstretched to the side and upward, its legs spread at shoulder width. It seemed eerily familiar though he couldn’t quite place it. With no other real lead, he decided it was worthwhile to check down that corridor first.

It wasn’t far down the corridor that Onaku began to notice dents in the smooth metallic wall panelling, sometimes enough to crack the plating and reveal the damaged stonework underneath. Heading further down the corridor, turning a few corners along the way, he began to pick up on a distant, rapid clanging, one that grew louder and louder as he made his way around one corner after the other, until finally he found himself looking at a cloaked figure wielding a large jackhammer-like tool against the smooth metallic wall, apparently trying to hammer it open.

Cautious of this stranger, Onaku remained near the corner in case he needed to duck into cover, waiting for the figure to stop hammering the wall before finally raising his hand in greeting and speaking out. “Uh, hello! Would you happen to know where I am currently?”

The figure jumped slightly, turning to Onaku and leveling the jackhammer at him before lowering it. “Oh my! How unexpected, a visitor! And one with a sense of humor, no less.” The being responded, their voice soft and a little high-pitched. Onaku furrowed his brow, stepping a bit closer. “Are you one of the people who entered into the Far Shore?”

The figure cocked their head to the side, gazing at him from under their hood with obvious curiosity despite their features being obscured. “Yes, the Far Shore. Quite the trip!”

Onaku nodded and sighed with relief. “Alright, well, I’m here to get you out then. My name is Onaku, I-” The figure raised a hand, interrupting him. “Ah, I’m afraid I can’t leave quite yet. Still have an… important item to retrieve. You know how it is. Can’t leave half way through the job.”

The once-Toa perked up, nodding with understanding. “The Makoki Stone fragment... you’ve found it?” The figure paused, then nodded in return. “The Makoko fragment, yes, I’ve found it, and I’d be most grateful if you could help me retrieve it. I know it’s hidden somewhere in here, just not sure where, the architects were most unhelpful in how they designed this place.”

Onaku stroked his chin thoughtfully. “Well, what’s at the end of the corridor?” He asked, looking down the winding hallway. The figure shrugged. “The end of the corridor? I don’t know. Why do you ask?” The once-Toa furrowed his brow at this, a confused expression on his features. “Because… wouldn’t the Makoki Stone fragment, if it’s being kept in this place, be stored at the end of the hallway?”

The figure’s high pitched cackle caught Onaku off guard, with him wincing as it cut into his ears. “You really think they’d keep such an important item as the Maaakoko Stone at the end of the hallway? Where anyone could find it? Surely you can’t be THAT naive, Toa.”

Onaku sighed, shaking his head and crossing his arms. “How can you be sure it’s not there if you haven’t checked?”

The figure paused, looking at the several dents they’d drilled into the walls with their jackhammer tool, before looking back at Onaku. “Well… when you put it that way, it does sound pretty sensible.” They then moved down the corridor a bit, raising their tool up against a smooth spot on the wall. “Which is why it most assuredly isn’t the answer. You feel free to go and check up ahead, though. Just know I’m not afraid to say ‘I told you so’ when you come back empty handed.”

Shrugging, the once-Toa began making his way down the corridor again while the figure started hammering away at the wall. A few rounded corners later, Onaku came upon a chamber with a large vault door at the end, with several mechanisms surrounding the door. “Oh yeah, too sensible that it’s at the end of the corridor.” He muttered to himself, shaking his head as he approached one of the mechanisms.

“Alright, lets see how this works…” Fiddling with the mechanisms methodically, he determined that the mechanisms were all connected in some way, concluding that it would require at least two people operating it at the same time to make it work. It looked like he’d need the cloaked figure’s help with this. Sighing to himself, Onaku turned around and headed back down the corridor, quickly finding the figure hammering away a few corners away, waving for them to stop.

“Ahah! Told you s-” “I found a vault door, guy. It has a mechanism that requires two people to operate it, so we’ll have to work together to open it.” The figure seemed slightly taken back. “... A vault door? Really? Hah, the architects really lacked imagination, it seems.” Slinging the jackhammer tool over their shoulder, the figure began making their way down the corridor past Onaku. “Unless of course it’s  a decoy vault, which I wouldn’t put past them… still, can’t take the chance that it’s the real vault and pass it by. I’ll help you out, then, mister, but only because you asked nicely, and because I need a break from hammering at these walls all day long. Really killing my entire bone structure with the vibrations, I gotta tell you.”

The once-Toa sighed and nodded, following after the cloaked individual as they continued rambling on and wincing as a painful jolt travelled up his arm, reminding him of the agonizing lightning strike he’d suffered earlier. The two figures arrived at the vault chamber quickly enough, with the cloaked figure darting around and inspecting the mechanisms with interest. “Interesting, fascinating, a good distraction if this is the decoy vault.” Onaku shrugged, making his way to the other end of the room and taking his place at the mechanism, grasping it. “Alright, you grasp that lever over there and on the count of three, yank it as hard as you can down and to the left, okay?”

The cloaked figure inspected the lever, before nodding and grasping it. “Sounds simple enough. I can’t imagine how you could think this would work.” Onaku grunted irately. “Alright, get ready now. One… two… THREE!” In unison, the two beings worked their mechanisms, and as Onaku had predicted, the resulting chain of mechanisms joined up to meld together in unison, working the Vault’s opening mechanism. The massive door groaned and slid forward, before lifting up to reveal a bright glowing chamber within, bright enough to blind him.

“Alright! Maybe not a decoy after all! I guess we’ll see. Come come! Lets check insi- hey, wait for me!” While the figure had been rambling, Onaku had already made his way to the vault opening, peering inside and making his way in. In the center of the vault seemed to be a pedestal, something sitting on the top of it that had a bright aura around it that obscured its features.

“Did we do it? Did we find the Makoki Sto-” As his eyes adjusted to the light level, Onaku quickly realised that the item on the pedestal was no stone fragment at all, but a mask of a strange design he felt was familiar, though he still couldn’t place it, a design on the front resembling the vitruvian symbol he’d seen at the junction earlier. “This… isn’t the stone. Maybe you were right, maybe this was a decoy vau-”

Turning around, Onaku was too late to react as the hooded figure had raised a Zamor blaster and fired, the sphere knocking the once-Toa back. He fell down next to the mask, his hand grazing against it with a bit of static traveling between them before he hit the floor and coughed, feeling the taste of blood in his mouth as he realized he felt something eating into his chest.

“Sorry about the acid sphere, guy, but I was going to have to kill you sooner or later anyway, so I figured I’d at least do it at the most convenient moment while you were distracted. Thanks for the help, though, this is exactly what I’ve been looking for.” The figure said, their tone turning to one of reverence as they approached the mask, gazed upon it with hands hovering hesitantly on either side of it. Onaku coughed up blood, crawling back away from the pedestal and up against the wall, feeling the acid eat away at his lungs. He tried to speak, but found that his voice only came out in a raspy wheeze.

“Oh, I guess I should tell you before you die.” The figure remarked, turning to Onaku and pulling their hood down, revealing a gaunt silvery skakdi face that looked at him with vacant red eyes and a thin toothy grin. “The name’s Vezon. Pleasure killing you, Onaku. We really should do it again some time.” He chuckled to himself, and slowly the once-Toa’s vision turned blurry and dark as he felt the life drain out of him. The last thing Onaku saw was the grin on Vezon’s face as he looked his way, before turning around and walking away.

Then, there was nothing.

Onaku was dead.

Onaku gasped for air as a powerful jolt shot through his entire body, the once-Toa shooting upright from his position lying against the wall and looking around frantically in utter confusion. As his eyes adjusted to the darkness, he quickly realized he wasn’t in the vault any more, but in a dark and grimy corridor of far less refined metallic construction than where he'd been before, resembling the foundries in Ta-Metru. Standing up, he had very little time to make heads or tails of what had happened when he heard a noise from behind him, multiple heavy steps upon the metallic floor approaching him rapidly.

To be continued...

Edited by Onaku
  • Like 4

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi held a pair of tongs, thrusting another piece of Protodermis into the furnace. He waited while Sucordak stared at the flames, his eyes tokk in the glow of white hot fire, studying the lump of metal. After a time the Matoran of Plasma called out, “okay, pull it back out.

The Fe-Matoran obliged, and Sucordak began to hammer the lump once again. As the Protodermis was molded, Impressionable approached. “W-what is it?” asked the Councilor, jerking the tongs around to look at the Vahki.

Careful!” warned Sucordak, and Kanohi winced.

As he held his arms straight again, Kanohi tried to be calmer, and spoke as steadily as he could, “Councilor NU is alright, that is a relief. I was worried … when Kini-Koro was attacked…”  He shook his head.

Put it back in.

Kanohi nodded and thrust it back in. As he waited for Sucordak to tell him to pull it back out he asked, “What news does Councilor NU have? I … does she have news of the Tahtarok?

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui

IC “Komisti” - Kini-Koro

Komisti nodded, pausing, “I … fear I may get distracted if I return to Tobruk-Koro. I will try to focus, this isi portent, but … perhaps I should stick around you, so you can help me keep on track.

If they returned to Tobruk-Koro, they might get tempted to recommit to the task Kanohi had asked of them before the rain demon attacked Kini-Koro, forging Kanoka Blades. Forging those weapons certainly could help the village, but it would be useless against a Tahtarok, only the giant machines seemed to challenge them.

But they had pledged to help. The Tahtarok took priority but … hopefully Ulkarr would help them focus.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran ran to Sorilax, looking him over. “Are … are you—” but then he spoke, and she relaxed, at least a little. Swallowing she said, “I … I am no medic, but if … I will try to help if there is another backlash.

She returned to the mask and removed it, before the group inserted the masks once again , now in the order of Red - White - Yellow. As she inserted her mask Mahrika braced herself, just in case she felt the repercussions this time.

IC Kardaka - Ko-Pou

The Turaga of Stone swallowed, and offered a hand to her fellow Turaga. Though she was wary of Klawne, as well as wary of Turaga as a rule, she seemed disturbed. And ultimately it was not Kardaka’s place to pass judgement. After all she had done, all her breed had done, her only action should be to serve. That was her Duty. 

OOC: @Tarn @Snelly @Onaku @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

IC Minions Avka - the Ruins of Stone

The Av-Matoran with the infected mask heard the sound of shattering glass as they returned to the Amaya Circle. They sprinted in, crouching in the sand and shakily grabbing the broken pieces of the Diamond. “They can break?” they thought to themself. It … the cold that drifted through Tobduk-Koro had faded too. Whatever the Diamond was capable of doing, that was lost to them now.

Was it because they had left the Diamond in too long? Maybe … maybe it was because Collector was unworthy, a conniving Vortixx whose story corrupted the circle. That … that must be it. It must be their fault. Right. Right. It had to be.

But as much as they tried to convince themself of that, it was hard to believe. Especially when the Vortixx’s story resonated with the Amaja Circle at all.

Avka cleared their throat. ”A-Admin, I … what happened to the Diamond? What happened to the story I told?

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

IC The Big Bruiser - Tobduk-Koro

The Steltian Bruiser meanwhile got to worth with Lawful, wiping down the Kini-Koro refugees to try to soak up the poison. Her big hands were not the most delicate, they winced and recoiled from her rough wiping, but gradually she helped clean them off.

OOC: @Toru Nui

• Like 1