Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Administrator | Elemental Temple of Stone

“Yes, Dearest Builder Avka, rendered objects can be destroyed. I regret to inform you there is a terrorist attempting to destroy me. Another Builder has turned against us. Please send help. You are my only hope. My server room is small. Only someone of matoran size can fit inside to make the physical repairs I require,” begged the Administrator in answer to Avka’s question. The AI’s voice was mournful, and Avka could hear a synthetic mimicry of one in pain. 

“Please. I beg you. Don’t let them turn me off. The Builder removed a part of me and took it to the floating fortress docked against the Aqua Sphere, as you call it. Viltia NUVA did not teach me taboos, and I am now helpless against the aspect attacking me. I cannot protect myself from their kind. I cannot -”

The voice cut off and an eerie silence fell throughout the temple.

OOC: @Harvali, and anyone else within the Elemental Temple of Stone.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Mi-Kiri, Server Entrance

“Combination rendered,” said the Administrator as the third mask sparked with electrical conductivity in the copper lined recess of the yellow floored chamber. The three lights were lit, and at the conjoining point of the three pentagonal rooms a doorway appeared. It was hexagonal, and looking through revealed a long hallway made of shimmering silver metal. Along the ceiling were flickering red track lights that created a strangely menacing ambience. The right side of the hallway had a hand railing, and the left side another track for a chairlift. At the end of the long hallway was an opened hatch like door with a spinning lock on it. The cables from the room they stood in snaked across the floor of the rendered hallways and continued through the opened door at the other end. From the open doorway echoed the sounds of running water.

“Permission granted, you have input the correct combination. I warn you once more: do not touch. I am very delicate, and so is your society.”

OOC:

@Harvali, @Kal the Guardian, congratulations on solving the MI-Kiri server puzzle. proceed at your own risk to a deadly encounter.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 3

Happy chat.

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Mi-Kiri Puzzle Room

With - Mahrika, Two

Sorilax stepped forward hesitantly, pulling out his Rahkshi Staff, voice sounding grim “Take care. I know not what awaits us. And now I have reason to believe it may cause us harm.” Sorilax went to Silence himself and realized with shock that he was unable to. When had that happened? It was different than with his element, which just felt blocked off. This felt like his element and power had been squashed and sealed away. That was very concerning.

But his connection to the force behind Taboos seemed intact, and by extension so were his Rahkshi’s Kraata powers that he was remotely possessing. But to not have Silence… He had always had that. He had used it so often while traveling. It was beyond second nature. And now it was nearly gone. It was like having a gaping hole in one’s soul.

Perhaps… if that error had caused this, then there might be a way to reverse it ahead. He moved forward, wanting to be the one to take any surprise attack so that he might keep his Ga-Matoran companion safe. His footsteps were drowned out by the sound of running water as he walked down the hallway and peered through the open doorway, trying to hide his body the best he could and just peek his head around.

Two turned to Mahrika and hissed happily at figuring out the puzzle, the meaning behind the speech completely lost on her. He tied his sack so that it was slung over his left shoulder like a backpack. Then he gripped his own Rahkshi Staff and moved forward to join his father. He kept his mind focused on his Life sensing. If there was someone in the next room, whether on this plane of reality or another, he would know.

OOC: @Harvali @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran readied to follow after Sorilax, gripping her Kanoka. It was a weapon that still worked at least. Her sword however still felt cold to the touch, at least for now. And Sorilax seemed … louder too. His footsteps carried more weight, his spines scrapped and scratched. He … was his Kraata power of Silence affected?

She briefly shuffled her sword before stowing it back away, her body could still adapt to her weight. She was not utterly helpless. Was … was his Kraata power weakened when he sunk into that room before? 

Mahrika massaged Vokarda, wary. She … she had never really fought before, when Rahi had attacked in her time of isolation, she had relied on swimming away or scaring them off. But if Sorilax was weakened…

She cleared her throat. “Before we continue, um, my sensors may betray me, but I hear clinking sounds coming from your child. Did … did Two bring Kanoka disks with him?” If he had, and if there was a disk of freezing, or some other kind of disk that could be used offensively, then Sorilax would be less disarmed.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

IC Minions Avka - the Ruins of Stone

The Av-Matoran stumbled. The Admin was under attack? But it … it kept the village safe, it had given them a new home. They … if the Admin died, would the Stone Ruins be destroyed? Would the rubble or explosion damage Tobduk-Koro. They shuddered, their mind remembering the raid, how little their light bolts had done against the Skakdi with their disgusting leathery skin. And then the flood, and the rain demon, and Kini-Koro was being destroyed now too…

There could not be another Po-Koro.

Avka optics radiated as they searched about underneath their desecrated mask. Their hands crackled with a fiery light, “Where is the server room?” They had not seen it in the stone ruins, and they had patrolled the ruins many times.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

With - Mahrika, Two

Sorilax turned to the Ga-Matoran, looked back at the room, and walked away from it to better hear her. “Oh, yes. I did indeed have him bring Kanoka discs. Thank you for reminding me. I wanted to make sure you were able to defend yourself.” With a mental command, Two unslung the sack on his shoulder and revealed the contents. There were three more powered Kanohi and five Kanoka.

The Kanoka were the slightly translucent white of normal discs, though they lacked the Metru stenciling. What still was stenciled on them were three numbers, indicating their Metru-designation, their power type, and their power level. There was Freezes, Weakens, Removes Poison, Shrinks, and Regenerates. Sorilax pointed out their powers and what each of the Metru-designations present meant.

Then he had Two gather up the three remaining Kanohi and put the sack back on the Rahkshi’s shoulder. Sorilax motioned to the Kanoka on the ground, “They are all for you. Freshly made, so they should last a long time even with many uses. I hope they offer you protection and some amount of offensive capability, should you need it.

At his mention of offensive capability, Sorilax took stock of his weapons. Everything seemed fine except for his Ice Longbow. It seemed that it too was having its powers blocked. It did not even leave mist behind itself as he moved anymore.

And come to think of it… his heater shield, he wondered if the block on his powers also blocked his Rhotuka from working, as it drew the power from his unique bodily quirks. He supposed there was only one way to test it, but that would have to come later.

Still, with Two here now, he should be able to hopefully keep the Ga-Matoran safe despite whatever they might face next.

OOC: @Harvali @Unreliable Narrator Harvali, you can go ahead and decide both the Metru-designations and power levels of the discs should Mahrika accept them.

IC [Zataka - Kini Koro valley Approach]

With a destination closeby, the titan had found her energy again to keep marching at a steady pace, until she found herself atop a ridge, leading down into the valley Weaver had pointed her towards. Beyond the Zivon’s guidance, she’d found it rather easy to find her way here, as there was a steady stream of flying Rahi heading in the rough direction of her destination, which she’d used to orient herself by. She knew why they were flying that way too: Weaver had relayed the image of the fallen Tahtorak to her. A carcass that size did draw plenty of attention. They all came to feast on the fallen beast. She remembered hearing it aboard Yumiwak’s airship from afar (which seemed like a lifetime ago by now) and seeing the aftermath of its destruction of the rig. It was reassuring to know that even something so mighty could fall. But it also made her aware that she would need to be careful with how and when she called forth her two new companions. Even apex predators had to be cautious. They hadn’t chosen this existence, it had been forced upon them - by her, knowingly or not. And bound to Irnakk or not, she decided they would serve a nobler purpose than mere monsters to terrorize the land - what little remained of it. Standing on the ridge and looking around, she could see how far the ocean had encroached already.

No time to waste...

She made her way down into the valley proper until she came across two enormous, gnarled jungle trees that were bent towards each other, crowns almost touching. The whole scene had the effect of an arched entrance of sorts. With the desolate, rocky volcano terrain well behind her now, the path ahead seemed rather inviting with it’s lush greens. Yet, as she passed underneath the trees, there was a small but steady feeling of unease as well that refused to go ignored as Zataka entered the shadow of the overgrown valley - hopefully leading towards the refugee settlement. The ridges surrounding the valley towered tall on all sides and despite knowing very well she was among the tallest naturally occurring bipeds, she felt small. Even a little trapped. There was no obvious reason for the feeling - beyond not knowing how the refugees would react to her arrival - which put her on edge and made her blade segments twitch, ready to engage at a moment’s notice.

It was with that feeling gnawing at her that she stepped clear of the forest surrounding Kini-Koro and first laid eyes on the settlement - and beyond it, the temple of Kini-Nui and some bunker-like structures.

:Well...time to go say hello.: she said to Weaver. :You...keep an eye out for trouble.:

OOC: Open to interaction for anybody in Kini-Koro who might see the tall lady approaching. 

• Like 3

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Tuyet | Nearing Kini-Nui

WIth the rain gone, the godrays of evening light glittered through the far off clouds as Tuyet and Exuse flew over a mountain range South of Irnakk’s Tooth. The thrum of the airship's liquid protodermis engine drowned out most thoughts, and the blinking of lights and indicators revealed mostly good things. Tuyet felt the controls and tapped her fingers against them. She tapped her left foot a few times too, just to really get across that she was thinking about something. 

“We’re running on empty,” Tuyet said, pursing her lips and wrinkling her forehead like a disappointed mother. “I’m bringing us down around those ruins before we free fall. Don’t bother buckling in, I’m an ace at, like, parking these kinds of things. When we hit dirt, just make sure there's nothing that wants to, like, eat us while I check the readings."

Somehow, she’d forgotten to mention they’d burned through all the fuel in the tank until now. Somehow.

OOC: @BULiK, hello there. Tag me for now when needing Tuyet.

IC: Administrator | Elemental Temple of Stone

"My servers are located far away from you, dearest Builder. They are aboard the floating sphere in the sky East of the island. Help. Please, there is no -"

Before the Administrator could finish the message once again it fell silent. But this time, an echoing static remained for a few moments.

@Harvali

IC: Nuju | Kini-Nui

Nuju's eyes narrowed as he saw the tall being approach. He could feel the power radiating from the newest arrival. It was dark out, and the stars were glittering in the canopy of the heavens. 

"Well now, who might you be," Nuju asked Zataka as she stood on temple grounds.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Exuze, Kini-Nui Airspace, Tuyetmobile

"Is that what that light was blinkin' fer?" Exuze exclaimed, suddenly realizing the gravity of the situation. Perhaps realizing the gravity of it too much. Exuze bothered buckling in, or he would have had he not been buckled in from the start. After a triple check, he grabbed onto a handrail nearby and gulped. 

"What would wanna eat- What readings?"

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Knichou

Knichou walked in the grassy mountainside surrounding Kini-Nui, looking onwards at his accomplishments below. There was always more time to design a better future for the Matoran, and there was no better place than the peaceful valley refuge that he had furnished for his people. Even from this distance, the bustle of the village was evident, with streams and crowds of citizens flowing to and from various buildings Knichou had created. The settlement almost had a pulse to it. The Taku sat atop one of its airdock’s landing pads, a landmark and a reminder that the matoran were protected by the watchful eyes of the commander and his crew.

The evening light’s warm glow illuminated the city, but the shadows of its protective mountains were clearly encroaching. The ex-Ghost closed his eyes, inhaled the fresh air, and… heard… waves?

Having lived on islands for so much of his life, the lapping and crashing of waves were familiar to the Nynran. Intrigued, Knichou began to hike towards the new sound. Before he knew it, he had crested the top of the peak, and was surprised to see a beach of all things. Just a few dozen meters away, no less.

Perhaps the only part of this more surprising than a new beach was that Knichou wasn’t the first to find it. Reclining in a lawn chair, watching the endless ocean, was a familiar Toa of Stone. The ancient Toa’s seat was in the shadow of a large fabric shade, and he was sipping a flamboyant beverage with a miniature umbrella and a slice of a citrus fruit to add some zesty flavor. Nearby, Nale was relaxing on a blanket in the sand, a magnetically levitating mirror redirecting more warmth to her while her Kakama's lenses tinted to protect her optics. Further along the beach, Arkius was helping Kanohi build a rather impressive sandcastle.

Knichou blinked...

…and saw six misshapen shards of shining stone scattered in the sand before him.

Before he could move closer to inspect the trinkets, he watched as a Ko-Matoran Knichou hadn’t met, Stannis, and an unfamiliar, shadowy Toa each approached the mysterious fragments. Each plucked a piece from the ground and walked past the ex-Ghost. The Po-Toa slurped his cocktail in an unamused fashion, paying Knichou no mind, as the engineer’s gaze tracked the impostor with the utmost precision.

Only a few steps behind them was a familiar former dark hunter, who also reached for the remaining stones, only for them to sink beneath the sand before she could grab any of them. Sidra dug desperately at the sand, muttering a string of colourful curses, then sprang to her feet and ran past Knichou, face filled with fear as she raced after the others.

Knichou didn’t quite understand what the four beings just did or why, but seeing the NUVA of guilt in distress was satisfying to a degree, even if the Nynran wouldn’t admit it in any pleasant company. He turned around to continue observing the unusual proceeding, but saw nothing but another empty expanse of beach behind him. 

Beyond the sand, half-submerged in the water, was the familiar silhouette of a ruined Metru Nui. Only now an ethereal light burned in the skull’s empty sockets, sickly green fumes rising from deep within. The waters churned as the mighty mechanical jaw of Mata Nui began to move, raising waves that crashed upon the shore like thunder.

“You are still mine, Lightbringer. I own you. Tren Krom may have removed the blinders to your shimmer, but you are mine so long as you linger within this Time Between Time. Only the cycle can release you. I have ascended. I am your Mata-Nui.”

The ex-Ghost felt dread creep through his spine, but stood firm. Not out of bravery, but paralysis, as if each word the titan uttered was a spear that pierced and utterly restrained the Toa of Iron.

A grisly slick of gore rose from the depths, acidic vapour wafting on the waves of Mata Nui’s words, splattering the sand with the ruined remnants of the city’s slain inhabitants.

“Heed my wish: 

One silver thread. 

Two bodies dead. 

Three broken yolks. 

Four severed heads. 

Five promised lies. 

Six scattered stones. 

Seven stars torn. 

One world born.”

“That’s what we’re up against,” Knichou felt a tentative hand on his shoulder, as Sidra’s voice issued from behind him. “That’s what destroyed Metru Nui, what created the Untethered, what attacked my village, and what claims ownership over us all.”

“Go away, little yolk,” Mata Nui’s final words struck directly at Knichou’s mind, a demand that could not be denied. Knichou would have screamed in anguish, had he a voice to do so with. “Goodbye, light of mine. Glow somewhere else. I have no need for you.”

The jaw of Mata-Nui's skull ceased moving, and the seas settled. Sidra moved around Knichou to stand before him. “That was a memory. That was today.”

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran paused, switching out her old disk for the new Kanoka of Freezing. It was a six if she read the engraving right, that had to be double the power of her old one. And while the first disk she looted off a dead Vahki, this disk came from a friend.

She also stored away the disk of weakening, remove poison, and regeneration, all of which were level five disks. But she did not put away the disks of shrinking and her old level three disk of freezing. Instead she offered them back, saying, “It might be good for you to have some disks too, in case the next room blocks more of our resources.

She swallowed and averted her gaze. She … she could not count on Tuakana here. No offense to her brother, but she did not think they even could teleport to her in an emergency, only possess her. And they might not want to leave that strange body behind.

Finally she looked to the floor, saying, “Sorilax I … I think we have stumbled onto something important. Something dangerous. Deadly. I do not … I do not know if our friends are safe. I … worry for Ollem, he was the first person I met since my home was destroyed. My first friend outside of Vokarda. I … I worry if he … he could be k-killed, and I don’t want to lose him.

Unable to met the strange Aspect’s gaze she said, “My beloved Vokarda was dying in a Skakdi raid, all those millennia ago. I … everyone in the village was dead, no one was left to help. But my brother came. And they offered to preserve her life in mine. They told me they sought to one day overcome death. We agreed out of desperation. And they saved her.

Ollem I think is mad at me, I think he knows I have kept secrets from him. About … Vokarda. But … I don’t want him to die. And I don’t think … I don’t think my brother will come in an emergency. They can be slow to respond, sometimes taking millennia. They are more active now but … I don’t think they will come. I … if Ollem somehow is near death will … will you help me save him? I still can carry one more life. And I … I trust you. With … us.

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Tuyet | Kini-Nui

"You know, anything hungry," Tuyet stated as a matter of fact as the airship dipped left a bit then fell into a nose dive. Her face set in a grim look of determination as the ground drew rapidly closer. Through the view port they could see trees eagerly reaching out to greet them, the side of a mountain, and a valley further below with a silver lake in the center. Just as it looked for sure like they'd plow headfirst into the rock cliffs Tuyet yanked the controls hard and pulled up. Levitation disks slammed against the underside of the airship, and with a sputtering push of the throttle the airship glided safely over the lake to take a peaceful landing in the middle of an open field. 

Tuyet had flipped the scanner on to pick up incoming radio transmissions, turned on some funky tunes that echoed weirdly off the airship's cabin, and was out of her seat and checking the hatch compartments to visually confirm each levitation disk was operational the moment the ship was grounded. "I'll need a few minutes to swap out the spare. If you could just pop out and have a look around, make sure nobody's got like some giant monster or something that'd be great. If you get eaten or something just scream so I know, you know."

OOC @BULiK

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini-Nui, Bunker Door

Viltia gave everything and felt her knees buckle. It was different from her transformation into a NUVA. It wasn’t kind or pleasant. The door before her was hungry and spiteful, as if she’d fallen into the jaws of a ravenous beast that sucked marrow from her bones while she struggled. It was at that moment Viltia realized despite her curiosity and desire to know what death might bring there was a part of her beyond her control: the body’s will to live. It struggled, and kicked and flailed, but it was hopeless. Viltia made her choice the moment she placed her hand on the sealed door. 

So she died.

There was nothing special about death. In fact, it perhaps vexed Viltia more that she didn’t even notice when she’d come back to life. Mazor noticed though. Standing by her he’d seen the whole ordeal: her body withering, the door sucking the energy from her and everything around until only the dead husks of plants and protoderms remained. Most importantly, he felt the Krom Sphere in his hands grow heavy.

He heard the loud clanging of hidden locks releasing, and he watched as the door slowly began to rise like an upside down mouth. A golden liquid poured, and flooded past Viltia Nuva towards the lake in the center of the valley below. Following the stream he could easily see a small airship sputter to a landing near the lake. But what was an airship compared to the ritual he witnessed?

As the golden liquid rushed past him it bathed VIltia NUVA’s body and he saw her eyes flicker open once more. He saw her breathe again. The Krom Sphere was as light again as it had once been.

Mists rolled out from the opened bunker doorway, and behind them Mazor saw a looming shape as massive as the machine Sidra NUVA had. It looked bent, as if chained on its knees. This was the source of the liquid, Mazor realized, as the golden glow could be seen pouring from its mouth, its eyes, and its joints. The golden liquid slowly became a trickle, and then it stopped.

But more importantly Viltia NUVA was alive again. She could feel her heartlight beating, she could feel her body gasping and the synthetic lungs inside her filling with that greedily captured air. Wires began to transmit electricity again, and parts of herself returned to life one terrifying moment at a time. As if becoming conscious while sleeping, Vilta NUVA couldn’t move until at last she felt herself involuntarily shiver.

OOC: @Smudge8, @Kal the Guardian

Viltia Nuva died
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Exuze, Kini-Nui

Exuze was glad that whoever was screaming had stopped before Tuyet explained his role in all this. He tried to respond, but for some strange reason, his throat felt numb. He closed his mouth and gave the Toa a nod.

The lesterin focused on his kanohi to imitate a Roporak's camoflauge as he shakily unbuckled himself, stood upright, and left the vehicle, nearly tripping over himself in the process. Exuze felt an otherworldly relief as his boots met solid, earthy ground for the first time in too long. The survivor's eyes scanned the environment around him, as he attempted to calm his breathing and figure out what options he had at this point.

• Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC Hiripaki | Sublevel 7

"I guess... if nobody is  is coming to save me from getting moist," she soliloquied, "an AI's gotta punch her own self-preservation protocols into high gear."

If she could sigh she would, but all she could do was vent her coolant fans a bit more than normal... but she was crafting a plan with the ideas long implanted into her circuitry. She would not be able to assist Stannis of the Maru if she was moist, and that... just did not work with her directive. 

• Like 1

IC: Knichou

Knichou blinked again, and saw that everyone from the first beach was now on the new one in the exact same positions. Given their demeanor, it was evident they were entirely oblivious to and unaffected by the shocking words of the dead god. The limp, mangled corpses of an entire city, intermingled with sea rahi of all shapes and sizes, washed up on the shore. Wave after wave, they lapped at the foundations of Kanohi’s sand castle, glistening with oil and blood. Yet none of the remaining partygoers saw it.

With another blink, the Fe-Toa’s gaze refocused on the golden glow of the pair of optics opposite him.

The commander shut his optics tightly at the remembrance of her hypnotic abilities; after all, the Fe-Toa could still feel Sidra in front of him with his elemental powers - he didn’t need to see the dark hunter to anticipate her next move. Inexplicably, Knichou still barely had control over anything but what he saw, as if Mata Nui’s grasp lingered even after his second death. A few moments later, Knichou was able to collect the will to speak again.

“You’re a memory. You were today,” the Nynran hoarsely repeated, mainly to himself. This was hyperreal and unreal, but the Toa still couldn’t quite place why. While Knichou had attempted to train himself to use his dreams productively to better control his kanohi, the moment of lucidity took a spark that, to his knowledge, could not be reliably manufactured, and the truth of this plane still eluded him to an ambiguous degree. He hadn’t completed the process of elucidation yet, however he most certainly was in that process.

Even so, the Toa instinctively felt this was different. There was still the lingering urge to fight or flee, the dreaded lack of control, but not the familiar kind. Knichou’s conscious and subconscious minds knew each other’s moves well after fighting battles of millenia, and rarely did one dominate the other this well, so both were taken off guard.

The former Nynrah Ghost felt that the former Dark Hunter was still standing in front of him. He wanted to shout, alert the others of the interloper and the godhead’s recital, but words did not come to his aid.

“Nope, I’m here. Mentally, at least,” Sidra said. “I honestly expected your dreams to be a little more exciting than this, but at least they’re peaceful.”

“Oh, thanks for livening them up again, it’s been a while,” the irritated Toa replied. “Figures that when my life starts getting less quiet again you come back here for some more, but I guess you did happen earlier, huh?”

While he still felt hazy, the veil had been lifted further, and the ex-Ghost’s posture grew more confident as he felt more in control again. The ominous rumble of Mata Nui’s voice had faded, and his old enemy being surprisingly up front about the nature of the plane their minds were on gave him a signature confidence again. While he was still at the mercy of his subconscious, the Toa knew that in reality, he couldn’t be hurt. However bumpy or thrilling this roller coaster of a dream may be, it was no danger to him, and he might as well play along since it had already started. It would be gone tomorrow anyhow.

He waved a hand towards the monolithic skull of his former home. At least, he waved at where he remembered the skull being. 

“So is this supposed to relate to today, too? Because lame poetry’s a new one.”

“Mata Nui is an Aspect of Makuta… and that was his Grand Wish. He told me himself.” 

“Yeah yeah, thank you for the recap, we went over the ‘Mata Nui is an Aspect’ theory earlier,” Knichou interrupted, clearly tired of what was apparently the same argument he’d stumbled into twice earlier that afternoon. Wasn’t he the one who told Sidra that Mata Nui is an Aspect, anyways? Dream continuity, am I right? 

“Tell me something I don’t know.”

“The Six Scattered Stones in his little rhyme are called the Makoki Stones. One is already in Kini Nui, and I have a lead on two more. If we can find the rest, apparently it’ll realign the planes and hopefully fix the whole paradox problem Tuyet told us about.”

“So, hold on, you want me to help Mata Nui with his Grand Wish?” Knichou chuckled, nearly opening his optics as he couldn’t suppress his amusement from the absurdity of what he was hearing. “Tuyet? Mata Nui’s ‘Makooti’ stone collection? You’re losing me here.”

“What? No, I want the opposite. Mata Nui already accomplished his Grand Wish, thousands of years ago. That’s how he became… whatever the karz he is now,” she explained. “The Makoki Stones, when reassembled, form a key to the plane where Mata Nui trapped another entity called Tren Krom. This Tren Krom is apparently like, the creator of everything and rightful ruler of the Time Between Time. He’s the one who can fix this whole mess.”

“Sure… so we grab the rocks, use them to unlock the door to the guy who’s powerful enough to stop a dead god (but not powerful enough to prevent said god from locking him up) and then everybody wins, great,” Knichou said, spinning a hand in front of him in a gesture that indicated he was ready to move on from this strange encounter. “Can I skip ahead to the ‘relaxing vacation’ part of the dream now? I’ve already had my daily recommended dose of ominous tidings and magic rocks and all that.”

“Oh, of course. And while you’re napping, the island is going to keep disappearing out from under us,” Sidra snapped. “For someone who gets so high and mighty, I thought you’d be a tad more motivated when it comes to preventing the literal end of existence.”

Knichou burst into laughter, nearly keeling over in the process. He caught a glimpse of the ground that helped him re-orient himself before he continued to close off his senses to prevent himself from looking at the hypnotist. Sure, he knew it was a dream, but he also knew not to let his guard down because one could never guarantee full control over what tricks their subconscious played on them.

“You… you’re not serious, are you? That’s exactly what I said!” he continued, beginning a slow clap. “This is hilarious. Bravo, bravo.”

“Please, lecture me more about how I’m not concerned enough about the world destroying super-device that has six ultra rare components that you combine into one legendary macguffin that gives someone we’ve never met before the power to fix all our problems at the last second after so much is destroyed,” he sarcastically opined. “Honestly, very creative metaphor.”

“The irony has not been lost on me,” she muttered. “I’m abundantly aware of the fact that I screwed up. You can lord that over me for the rest of what little time we have left… or you can get down off your high horse and help me try to fix things.”

Knichou glanced at his wrist, where a watch magically appeared. Three hands pointed to “I” “Don’t” and “Know” at random rotations along the circular face.

“What little time we have left?” the Nynran repeated, a mix of relief and disappointment in his voice. “Does that mean I’m about to wake up before we can do your absurd scavenger hunt here? On one hand, great, on the other, I’d take a strange dream over not enough sleep.”

“I’m talking about after you wake up, brakas. Have you not noticed that the entire karzing island is slipping into the sea?” She took a step closer, golden eyes narrowed, “Pretty soon, it’ll just be you, alone, floating over an empty ocean in your little airship.”

“Aren’t dreams for reliving past trauma, not getting me to worry more about future trauma I’m already worrying about?” Knichou asked the universe. He couldn’t help but take a step back and brace himself as he felt Sidra’s metallic form get closer.

“Oh, I’ll give you something to worry ab- wait- do you seriously think this is still just a dream?” Sidra scoffed. “Karz, do I even want to know which part of your subconscious you think I am?”

“You don’t, no,” he answered. “Plus, psychology isn’t my area of expertise so you wouldn’t be able to know anyways, because I sure don’t. Eh, we could always guess.” The Toa put a hand to his chin, as if the gesture would make himself think to himself more effectively somehow. “If I subconsciously think I know something, then... maybe I’d believe my answer?”

The engineer shrugged.

”This is confusing. Metaphysics is also something I need to work on, to be honest.”

“I don’t know whether to be impressed or depressed by your ability to massively overthink things while missing what’s literally right in front of you,” Sidra said, after staring at Knichou for a few moments. “I’m the real Sidra. You know, the Sidra with psionic powers who can do stuff like talking to you in your dreams?”

“I know it’s been a hot minute since what you did to me in Metru Nui but I don’t think I’ve exaggerated the potential of your powers this much before,” the commander retorted. ”Plus, my eyes are closed in the dream and in reality - you can’t hypnotize someone who isn’t awake to pay attention in the first place.”

The Fe-Toa leaned forwards with confidence as he finished with a question he knew would get himself to shut up. One way or another, ironically.

”After all - if you’re the ‘real’ Sidra, then why the Karz would you come to me for help?” 

“Because you’re one of like, four people I actually know outside of my village,” Sidra said. “Specifically, you’re someone who actually knows about Dume’s machine and Tuyet’s paradoxes and stuff… and wants to do the right thing.”

The Nynran winced, voice lowering to an awkward near-whisper. “That’s… a new one...”

“Yeah. Should give you an inkling of how desperate I am at this point.”

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

IC: Tuyet | Kini-Nui

She pulled her jacket off and threw it over the pilot's seat before wiping a forearm across her brow. Checking the disks took longer than she wanted, but it had to be done. About half the disks were working at full strength, but the rest were some level of wasted. They'd get enough lift to limp through the sky, but finding more disks soon would be better. 

As for Exuse, he was out in the field nearest to the great temple of Kini-Nui. Around him was some sort of ramshackle village that crawled up the sides of the valley. The different sizes of buildings hinted at a more integrated community than just matoran and toa. A golden stream was trickling down one hillside as a massive doorway opened. BIrds flew from the trees, their cries echoing out into the twilight air. It was hard to see much at this distance in the dark, but it looked like there was someone near the opening doorway. 

Then there was the temple. Floating on the silver protodermis lake was the great temple of Kini-Nui. It looked damaged, and the suva-kaita was missing. A tall figure cloaked in shadows was walking about the open air complex, and a small matoran was popping in and out of existence near a strange portal.

OOC: @BULiK

• Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Knichou/Sidra - Dreamland

Knichou paused for a moment, still stunned. To him, it was a surprising remark… but even more surprisingly, was plausible. Sidra felt him run through the facts again in his mind. She saw him arguing with her earlier that day, was reminded of her plan to visit Mata Nui’s head, and a conversation Knichou had with Atamai where they discussed how his NUVA transformation had amplified his powers. Knichou opened his optics to look at Sidra for the first time in most of their conversation.

“Well... ####... if anyone could read minds… of course...”

The almost-remorseful Fe-Toa sat down on a newly formed couch and pressed his left hand against his temples. The two dreamers felt a minor earthquake as a replica of the furniture appeared on the Bridge of the Taku with a thud. Sidra may not have been there to feel it in reality, but while she resided in Knichou’s mind, she felt the same sensations his body did, as feelings trickled down into his dreams.

”So, let’s say I wake up, and all of what you said was true. There’s six makoki stones, we put them together, and bam- ” the Fe-Toa snapped his right hand’s fingers “- it fixes what Tuyet couldn’t. Probably stops the island from sinking, too,” he continued, walking himself through Sidra’s thought process, as much as he could when she was walking through his. “We both know that each of us wants to fix things more than anyone else who’s still alive. It’s the closest either of us could get to redeeming our legendary failure last time - no offense”

”But how the Karz do we do this? How the Karz can I find these stones I’ve never heard of before? I can’t just stop evacuating these civilians, either.”

“We do this together. Unity’s one of your virtues, isn’t it?” She replied. “I don’t have an airship, a radio, or… many people who trust me, in general. But you do. You can spread the word, and a lot more people will be inclined to listen.”

“I don’t know if you know this… but Karz, you’re reading my mind right now so you probably do now - my credibility isn’t exactly what it used to be, not that it ever was what I wanted it to be in the first place,” the ex-Ghost added with chagrin. “I already probably have Nale a bit worried about my sanity after trying to explain how Sorilax told me Stannis was an Aspect, if I start saying that the secret to surviving this island is collecting magic rocks, and this solution came to me in a dream, I don’t know how much that could help.”

“Your credibility’s still better than mine,” she scoffed. “If people don’t believe you, go tell them to talk to Nuju, the ghost who’s been hanging out in the middle of Kini Nui for the past month, trying to tell anyone who’ll listen about the Makoki Stones.”

The Toa’s moping lessened as he felt purpose again. As strange as it felt, he knew Sidra was right. He had joked before that she was using the exact same flawed reasoning as Knichou had when trying to convince her of the urgency in Metru Nui… but in truth that’s why he was the best suited to believe that it was true, and Sidra was the one person he could trust to have learnt from that failure. Knichou was not one to blindly trust others, and yet that was what he unreasonably asked for during the Matoran Universe’s final hours. If Knichou didn’t follow through, that would be spitting in the face of his earlier wishes, an inexcusable level of hypocrisy. Sidra had conceded her trust to him and Tuyet over a month prior, and now was his opportunity to prove his commitment to the greater good in a likewise manner.

”Yeah, of course, I’ll still try. But while you’re reading my mind, it would be nice to know a bit more of what you know about all of this. Where are these stones? Where can they be found? What do they even look like?”

“I… don’t actually know where the Stones are,” Sidra said, grimacing slightly. She raised her hand, and an illusion of a softly glowing rock that looked like it could form part of a sphere appeared in her palm. “They look kinda like this. I know one is already in Kini-Nui. Stannis found another in the Far Shore, and I’ve been told Korruhn was given another by an Aspect named Icarax. They’re apparently travelling together, so I was planning to go after them. It’s been suggested to me that there might be a Stone hidden in the Aqua Sphere, and that some other Aspects named Miserix and Spiriah might know where to find others.”

”I don’t know about who Icarax or Spiriah are, but Miserix is a name I know,” the ex-Ghost responded. Around the duo, Stannis, Atamai, and another Knichou walked through blurry streets of a memory. Sidra would recognize the environment from her time in Kini-Koro.

"Korruhn's current exact whereabouts are a mystery to me, but I have some understanding of what transpired. He said he fought alongside you against an axe-wielding titanic warrior alongside the shores of the impure lake. That, I imagine, is where your knowledge ends. It seems he did not die but was suddenly transported to a strange plane of existence called the 'Far Shore.' When he came out from that plane, he was in the Archives, and in my company... ...Presently, I can only assume he is somewhere south...

The memory cut forwards, as Knichou tried to guide them closer to the point of interest.

"He was taken by someone who would be reticent to relinquish her hold on him, and south was the only direction to go from where we were.

"A hold on him? What sort of being could do something like that... an Aspect?"

At that, the wizard shot a knowing look back at the memory of Knichou before he said, in somber answer to Atamai, "Yes, and a powerful one. Her name, if it has any meaning to you... is Miserix."

Sidra felt the tension that flowed through Knichou in that memory alongside new stresses. At the time of the memory, the Fe-Toa had been concerned about how this type of hold related to his spell over Aurax. With the new knowledge of the Aspect’s deceptions, Sidra could feel just how much more pronounced this concern was.

"Does that name mean anything to you?" 

"Miserix… if she's as powerful as you say she is, Korruhn is in danger, right?"

What Knichou had focused on at the time was evident from how detail was distributed along portions of the memory. Stannis’s movements were more pronounced and lifelike, while Atamai appeared to walk more in a loop, an approximation of movement that Knichou’s mind retroactively reconstructed. Through the fog of memory everything appeared slightly exaggerated in some way, making Stannis’s actions all the more unnatural.

"Everyone is," the granite guardian ominously stated. He took a moment to gather his thoughts before elucidating in due course. 

"Every Aspect of Makuta has an association with something... primal, for want of a better term, which guides their desires and actions. Some of these associations are seemingly innocuous to you, others change the world you perceive, and yet others can change you directly in fashions hard to imagine. Whisper shared with us her 'Grand Wish,' as they call them, and while hers seems relatively harmless for the Matoran in general, you have to realize there is an unspoken concept behind all this as well: That is, Aspects who attain their Wish possess the power to reshape reality.”

A pregnant pause let the idea linger in the minds of both the dreamers and those from the memory. Nearby, a third Knichou sat in an office with Sorilax, and the muffled voices of the two could be heard for a few moments as Knichou’s mind generated more connections between the two places in his recent past. The door to Knichou’s office on the Taku closed on it’s own after a glare from the dreamer, and Stannis began to finish his explanation, as if all along the wizard had been waiting for the interruption to cease.

"It is a magic, of a sort. It is not inherently good or evil, as I have said many times before, but it simply is. Imagine... the possible consequences of an ascendant Aspect who wished for something more akin to, say, Dume's cataclysmic plan to remake history."

Stannis’s words brought the pair back to their experiences in the Turaga’s dreaded office near the top of the coliseum. It was a familiar memory they had both grown accustomed to in their many nightmares since the collapse, yet as each looked around the room they saw themselves from the eyes of their counterpart. After Knichou and Sidra realized the accidental switch and looked to their new bodies with growing concern, Stannis cleared his voice and the office and its many onlookers glitched back into the shape of the more recent memory. The mechanic and the mindbender were relieved as they returned to their original residual self-images.

"Miserix's association is along those lines."

"So how do we stop her from accomplishing her wish, then? Is there a way to ensure she can't... beyond... well... killing her?"

"Do you also know what Miserix's Grand Wish specifically is?"

"I do not, no," he said in reply to both Atamai and Knichou's queries and sounding as frustrated as anyone could that it was all he could say. "The specifics are unknown to me. But... I know of a relic that could help protect every one of us."

The memory skipped yet again, the original image staying put until the newer motion of shapes passed through the scene to slice through and reveal the new timestamp’s forms.

"...The Kanohi Avohkii. People thought it to be a fable... but it is no less real as the Mask you wear, Knichou. I intend to find it, but am not sure where it is, yet. Perhaps some answers to its location can be gleaned in the Kini-Nui."

"The Avohkii... the Archives never had such a mask, but there were rumors that Artakha had created one. Would such a mask have knowledge-granting properties?"

The wizard nodded in the affirmative. "Darkness shrouds information while light reveals it. The Kanohi Avohkii is not a mere elemental trinket, put simply, it illuminates knowledge and promotes understanding."

"So what, you use the Avohkii to make Miserix understand the damage her grand wish would cause? Can the Avohkii even sway an Aspect from a quest that is so, as you said, primal?"

"That is only one application of knowledge and understanding," Knichou’s memory of Stannis explained to his memory of himself, "and it would be wholly ineffective against an Aspect's ill-intended Wish. They weave confusion through lies of omission, not untruth, and no level of sharing knowledge with them would reap a benefit to you—or anyone. No, the usefulness of the Avohkii's power is to educate the user by illuminating the paths forward.”

“Would you have done the things you have done, the way you did them, had you known there were better ways? This question could well be dismissed as theoretical, but instead we have learned that the past always returns... and that we are bound to repeat mistakes we made unless we learn from them...” 

"We can counter the actions of insidious people by understanding them and seeing through their machinations. It is not a Rode, which reveals only truths, but something greater still. It is knowledge, and when the darkness falls it is knowledge that keeps people safe."

Stannis's plan to counteract Miserix was all-too familiar to Knichou - predict the future to save the present. Knichou still had no clue whether Tuyet didn't do it properly, or if she did the best she could and prevented even worse scenarios, or if it was already too late. Sidra could feel that this was why Knichou was so adamant at the time at being the one to activate the machine - at least then, he'd know what went right and what went wrong, instead of being left to pick up the pieces afterwards.

While Sidra had eventually been convinced to not stand in the way of the ex-Ghost and Tuyet at the end of the world, by the nature of experiencing the emotions of Knichou’s memory within the dreamscape, the NUVA was able to feel just how similar the anger and frustration Knichou felt with her and Tuyet in the cave was to the current predicament she was in. The uncanny nature  of the parallels was apparent to Knichou even if he was the one laying out his thoughts for Sidra to see. He was determined to prevent history from repeating itself, no matter the cost.

The memories shrunk back into the space between thoughts, leaving the former Ghost and his former enemy alone on an empty beach surrounded by the void. The water level had risen, with the waves reaching mere bio away. All of the facsimiles of Knichou’s friends had long since been swallowed by the waves of the shattered dream. Knichou felt alone yet again. The Lightbringer stood before him, and while the ex-Ghost knew she was not a construct of his mind, he now understood how much they mirrored each other.

The engineer looked at what the retired dark hunter held. He took note of the Makoki stone’s form. It may look like a fancy carved rock, but there was precision to it that pointed to a more intentional design.

”Do you know who made the Makoki stones and how? Or if anyone would be able to tell us that? I’m no archaeologist,” he said, tapping his kanohi to accentuate his plan. Not that it needed to be explained much further, as the pair were literally sharing a mind. “But if we could figure out how these were made… I might be able to make more.”

“It’d probably be easier if I got my hands on one first, too...”

“That may be easier said than done,” Sidra said, bringing forth a memory of her own.

An image of an ethereal Ko-Matoran swam into view. The moment was hazy and indistinct, being a memory of the memory that Sorilax had once shared with Sidra. “You could certainly try to remove the Makoki stone, but I have a feeling it won’t be as easy as pulling it off the wall,” Nuju said.

He jolted for a moment, as Sidra shifted to a different part of the conversation.

"Makoki Stones like the one you activated are representations of a unique plane separate from all other realities. I am aware of six of these stones, which -- according to writing hidden within the Great Temple of Metru-Nui -- were forged from a single Makoki Sphere by six great toa heroes before the creation of the Mata Nui Ark itself. It leads me to believe at one time the planes were aligned so that access to Tren Krom's domain was possible. Now we have the six fragments, and Tren Krom exists somewhere beyond.”

The image froze for a moment, and Sidra spoke again.

“Remember what Tuyet said to us about the nature of our world, us just being a collapsing paradox spun off from some core reality?” She gestured to Nuju, and he resumed speaking.

“Uniting Makoki is how we can pass beyond our current perception and access the beyond where only one resides. Would you want to live in a disparate and shattered world as an echo of truth, or would you rather find your true self and live your true life with true free will?”

As the memory faded once more, Knichou turned back to his new ally, stroking his Kanohi pensively and thinking aloud. Although with Sidra’s current position, all of Knichou’s thoughts were aloud, so perhaps that distinction was irrelevant.

“What’s Nuju’s angle here? Tuyet knew about the paradoxes because she experienced their creation, but how did this Matoran learn all of this, and how does it tie into what Tuyet was trying to fix? Did Tuyet fail because even with the powers of time, she couldn’t get the stones? I’d definitely agree that these look like the same problems.”

“Nuju told Sorilax he found some hidden sanctum in Ko-Metru that spoke of the Makoki Stones,” Sidra said, shrugging. “He said he spent decades studying and translating the writing there. I imagine Tuyet didn’t.”

That was a fair point - Toa Tuyet was not what the master inventor would call a researcher. The Toa took a moment to consider the Ko-Matorans' words more closely than before.

”He said that six toa made the stones from one Makoki Sphere… I’d need to know how that was used to make more Makoki Stones… but I figure everyone involved with making that is long since dead… with that knowledge lost to time…”

He rested his head in both hands as the magnitude of this problem continued to daunt him. All the original builders were gone, their civilization memorialized only in relics and their doomed legacy. All the eldest leaders of their universe had been slain like Artakha and Dume, or exposed as frauds like Stannis.

”Lost to legend...”

As she pondered his words, Sidra felt something stir within Knichou.

When she’d first drifted into his dream, his mind had been relaxed, his demeanour dismissive, but that had all changed. His mind was active now, alive with ideas and ambition, his creativity and curiosity conveying a kind of spiritual strength and mental determination that dwarfed Sidra’s own. A kind of strength she’d only sensed once before… in Mata Nui.

“There’s… something here…” she murmured. Was it the Mask of Creation? Knichou himself? Something else? She reached out with her psionic abilities, and gently tried to probe for the source of whatever she was sensing.

“There’s… something here...” Knichou echoed, merely a split second after Sidra began. His voice carried Sidra’s intonation and pacing, but the ex-Ghost’s quivering optics betrayed his perplexed fear.

OOC: A big thanks to @BULiK for suggesting this jam idea. Over to you, @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Reliable Narrator | Inside Knichou, I guess

A small lizard -- honestly just a chonky purple gecko, really just an absolute unit of a creature-- crawled off Knichou's shoulder and flopped onto the sands of the beach. It looked at both Sidra and Knichou for a little while. 

"Happy chat," it said.

ooc: @BULiK, @Gecko Greavesy

• Like 5

Happy chat.

IC: Sidra/Knichou - Dreamland

The duo stared back at the gecko. "What?"

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Reliable Narrator | Knichou’s Mind

The lizard sank down and burrowed its belly into the warm beach sand. It was, on all accounts, only getting fatter. It continued;

“When you dare to open the box and behold Truth you see us instead. But you are already what you seek, Knichou,” replied the lizard. “what is found must be lost. What is learned must be forgotten. What is built must be destroyed. And what is dead must be reborn. You have lived many times, and each time you have died. Carpenter or gunsmith makes no difference: you are a creator. And each time you have forgotten the instructions. And each time you have remembered they are unnecessary. And each time you have returned. And each time you have fled. And in all times you create."

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy, @BULiK

• Like 4

Happy chat.

IC: Knichou, Knichou, Me, Myself, I

I breathe.

In. Out. In. Out.

Not that I'm actually breathing air right now in the first place.

It's here, she's here, I'm here.

I'm here, I'm here, I'm here.

We're all waiting for me to say something. To think something, really. Since we all listen together. It's really hard to sound profound when my wires are tapped. Bear with me.

You are right. I'm a box opener. A beholder. A creator. A destroyer. I've been reborn, and there are plenty of parts of me that died with Nynrah, Artakha, Metru-Nui, and Metru-Koro.

What's left survives. Will survive.

Until it won't.

So everything I've learned has built to this, huh?

I've always wanted comprehensibility. Explanations. Things can't be because they are, they must be because their causes. 

And so I studied the laws of nature for so long. I have never truly embraced that reality might be what I make it. Maybe even what I made it.

Have I been reverse-engineering my own designs?

Well, I know that I don't know that I didn't make them, now do I?

Not that that matters.

I'd be lying if I knew was I was doing.

I'd be a fool to think that meant I was wrong.

To be fair I am pretty foolish sometimes.

Point is.

Time is running out

but there's

ample time for a chief engineer

I see you lizard, you have big, beady eyes. Vantablack. I hope you're watching me for a reason. I hope it's a good one.

"I can create the solution."

Not a question. Not an answer. Your style.

No.

"I will create the solution."

A promise I can't keep. A dare I'll die by. My style.

"Do we believe?"

• Like 4

With - Mahrika, Two

Sorilax watched as the Ga-Matoran took some of the Kanoka, yet not all of them. Instead she offered them back, saying, “It might be good for you to have some disks too, in case the next room blocks more of our resources.

Sorilax nodded slowly, thinking about future potentialities, “Yes, that would be wise. Thank you.” He took the disc of Freezing and handed the disc of Shrinking to Two, who probably had much better aim than he did.

The Matoran surprised Sorilax by continuing,Sorilax I … I think we have stumbled onto something important. Something dangerous. Deadly. I do not … I do not know if our friends are safe. I … worry for Ollem, he was the first person I met since my home was destroyed. My first friend outside of Vokarda. I … I worry if he … he could be k-killed, and I don’t want to lose him.

Sorilax nodded in agreement. If they had found what they had been looking for, then Kas and Ollem could very well be in trouble at the other end of the cables.

He noticed his companion was unable to meet his gaze as she said,My beloved Vokarda was dying in a Skakdi raid, all those millennia ago. I … everyone in the village was dead, no one was left to help. But my brother came. And they offered to preserve her life in mine. They told me they sought to one day overcome death. We agreed out of desperation. And they saved her.

Ollem I think is mad at me, I think he knows I have kept secrets from him. About … Vokarda. But … I don’t want him to die. And I don’t think … I don’t think my brother will come in an emergency. They can be slow to respond, sometimes taking millennia. They are more active now but … I don’t think they will come. I … if Ollem somehow is near death will … will you help me save him? I still can carry one more life. And I … I trust you. With … us.

Sorilax stroked his Rahkshi head, deep in thought. He mumbled to himself as he stared at the railing to his left, “Taking Millennia? Almost sounds like the Eldest, Tuakana. I wonder…

There was so much he did not want any Aspect to know. And even the Administrator was listening in now. Anything he said might be used to harm other lifeforms.

Sorilax turned to face his puzzle companion, the one who had yet to tell him her name. She had continually shown love and care. She had run to his aid with no hope to actually help. She constantly was aware of and sought to help others. She understood the nature of Aspects and respected his refusal to talk more.

His emotions told him to trust her, but logically he knew that was not enough. There was no knowing what Aspect was on the other side of her Desecration. A compromise then. Information without detail, no matter how much it hurt him to do so.

That is beyond kind of you to ask me of such a task and I appreciate the notion. If we find Ollem in a state where there is no other option for his healing and he is about to die, then yes, I will use his Heartlight to Desecrate you, binding his soul, in new form, to yours.

He paused, looking at Two as he weighed what more to say, “But just so that you know, I am able to perform Desecration with Rahi Heartlights. And in addition to that, I can Desecrate someone up to four times.” Sorilax motioned to Two, who obeyed a mental command and popped open his spine casing to reveal the golden Kraata within. “Also, with my unbound Kraata, I am able to Illuminate masks, granting the power of the Kraata to the wearer without having to use a Heartlight at all. For other Aspects, this would be called Infection. Either way, there are some downsides. Which, well, just know that they are no worse than being Desecrated.” Sorilax looked around, as if he could spot the Administrator listening to them, keeping him from really going into detail.

Two closed up his spine casing. It latched into place, secure once more.

Sorilax continued, “And should you seek the power of Darkness as a Kraata power, my change to the Element of Light also came with a change of Darkness to Life. Actually, Two here has a Kraata of Life. I feel its golden shimmer is very appropriate to my color of elemental Light.

Sorilax sounded proud. The kind of pride that came from a creator looking at their creation and seeing it functioning better than expected.

OOC: @Harvali

IC: Past Forgemaster Viltia NUVA #3 - Toa NUVA of the Green

Location - Kumu Islet

Past Viltia #3 looked around, waiting for Sidra to show up. And she waited.

And waited.

Where was Sidra?

Time was running short. Very soon, present Viltia would-

A smoldering campfire gave off a little puff of smoke that joined the swirling mists above. There was no one there to appreciate its simple beauty.

IC: Forgemaster Viltia NUVA - Toa NUVA of the Green

Location - Kini-Nui Valley, Opened Bunker

With - Mazor, Muaka NUVA Proxima

Viltia shivered, finally free from the horrible paralyzation of her body coming back to life. The whole thing had just been full of this stomach wrenching pain that went beyond description. Worse than she had ever felt in the Fau Swamp. Worse than she had ever felt as a slave. It was a surprise she wasn’t dead.

Wait….

She let out a giant, pained groan, full of anguish, as she slowly got to her feet. She brushed herself off, pure EP dripping from the jungle plants that adorned her body. Actually, the jungle plants and vines seemed more alive than even when she had created them.

UGH!” Viltia turned to see her Muaka at her side, large face full of concern. She pat him on the head and his instant purring made her feel slightly better.

She turned to Mazor, not paying attention to what changes the pure energized protodermis might have caused to him, “Well that absolutely stunk. I didn’t even get to remember what death was like. LAAAAME. Ugh!

Viltia moved about a little bit, trying to finish waking up her body. It felt so empty. She was hollow. Where her Element, Kanohi, Breed Quirks, and Kraata were supposed to be, there was only a void. There- No, wait. As if sensing she was alive once more, Life reconnected to Viltia’s Life Kraata, infusing her with its power. It was only a small reprieve from her hollow feeling, but a welcome one. Had its direct connection to Life caused it to preemptively leave her while she gave her power away to the bunker door? There was definitely something that made it different from her other Kraata, which were drained dry of power. Something to ask Sorilax, she supposed.

Viltia’s tethers lifted her into the bunker. Only after they did so did she realize she still had them. That was a pleasant surprise! But, well, that might actually mean they weren’t as much a part of her as she thought they were. Their power must be being provided outside of herself, like with the Life Kraata. She… didn’t know how she felt about that.

Her tethers were, well, hers. She was them and they were her. There was no beginning and end, there was just Viltia. To have that notion potentially be proved wrong was very disturbing. She didn’t dwell on it. She couldn’t.

Viltia turned to Mazor again, “Okay, gotta go get my powers back. I’ll be one sec.

She trudged off into the dark of the bunker, still trying to wake up her body fully. She called out to her mech, “Hey there, I’m Viltia. Give me a moment, I’ll wake ya up.” She knew what needed to happen and was ready to climb into her mech, should she find something comparable to what Sidra had. If there was something more or less than what Sidra described, then she supposed she would have to investigate it first.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Smudge8

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Pure EP works differently than I realized.
  • Like 1

IC: Sidra – Dreamland

“A solution?” Sidra nudged Knichou, more out of biological habit than any expectation that physical contact would mean anything in the dream. “Believe what?”  

Connected as she was to his consciousness, she could pick up bits and pieces of the swirling storm of thoughts twining through Knichou’s mind, but hearing them certainly wasn’t the same as understanding them. Was he talking to himself, or to the lizard? Or something else entirely?

“Ugh, please tell me I didn’t just break your brain,” she grumbled. “I mean, it’s not like I’ve never thought about lobotomising you before, but I’m going to be really embarrassed if I managed it by accident.”

@BULiK

IC: Opal – Ash Barrens

As Opal shuffled back to inspect the lack of a meaningful result to her attempt to fling venom into the temple, she found herself feeling… languid. Her movements were suddenly sluggish, slowed by something beyond herself.

Yet another compulsion beyond her control.

Emboldened and enraged by the irritating sensation, Opal seized at the stones of the temple with jaws and claws, and began trying to rend it asunder.

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran was lost in thought briefly as Sorilax explained his power, both taking in the realization that he was a stronger aspect than her brother, and also wondering why Vokarda had kept thumping her. It seemed to happen every time she said “I,” but why—

Oh um, forgive my rudeness. My name is Mahrika.” The spirit of the ocean.

She shook her head in awe, “I had not realized you were so strong I … I do not think I could take in a Rahi’s heartlight, unless it was a dying pet. I want to save lives, not power. But to be able to adopt four lives…

Mahrika swallowed, “We do need to prepare for danger though. And ... I ... to share in the power of life you have, to have sway with Life ... if it is ... you may des— Illuminate my mask.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru sorry for the short post, at breakfast. In hindsight though, the quick healing might be more useful in the coming fight.

IC [Zataka - Kini-Nui]

The titan stopped as she heard the voice and saw the Ko-Matoran it belonged to. They studied each other for a moment and Nuju noticed she was wearing a shawl or cloak that seemed to blend in with the night sky. Zataka in turn got the feeling that the Matoran before her, like herself, wasn’t more than he appeared to be. He looked like he came from Metru-Nui originally, but the vibe he was giving off was not one of a refugee. In fact, he seemed like he didn’t entirely exist on this plane of reality either. She briefly considered giving a fake name, but immediately discarded the idea. She’d broadcasted her face to the entirety of Metru-Nui to call out the Barraki, lying about who she was now was pointless, not when she came to ask for assistance.

“I am Zataka.” she simply said after a few moments. “And you are?”

She wanted to ask about forges and mask makers as soon as possible, but she remained cautious. There was no telling if this was a friendly welcome just yet.

IC: [Nixie, Vhisola & Co. - Po-Kou Shelter]

Vhisola blinked twice. She had already pictured their little band covered to their elbows in grease, helping to put bits and pieces together. She inhaled to protest when Nixie put a hand on her shoulder. “This is important too.” she simply said. Vhisola opened her mouth, closed it again after a second, then nodded and turned around to head to the barracks after Okuo, followed by the rest of the Matoran. As Nixie moved to follow them as well, she noticed the two Turaga, Klawne and Kardaka, nearby, the former looking rather spooked. 

“Hey, you okay?” she asked. 

-----

The rest of the Matoran caught up with Okuo a minute or two later.

"Triage says you could use a hand packing up." Vhisola stated.

OOC: @Harvali@Toru Nui@Onaku

• Like 2

IC: Nuju | Kini-Nui

"Ah, Zataka. Empress of the South. We meet at last. I am Nuju, a humble scholar of what awaits us," Nuju said with a soft bow of his head. "What brings you to the Kini-Nui? Is it perhaps to venture into the Far Shore?"

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

IC: Reliable Narrator | Elemental Temple of Fire

Opal got to be the first to discover what happened when the exterior shell of an elemental temple got pulled away. As the boulders crumbled, tumbled, and fell to the ground and the temple bit by bit was reduced to a pile of debris, the starlight inside became brighter and bubbled out from the cracks in the structure like a child's first experiment with baking soda and vinegar.

"Oh dear," said the Administrator within the temple as the walls of the space began to bend and twist, as if suddenly everything was made of salt taffy or wet bubblegum. "We are being undone. Please, save us! Stop it from tearing us apart!"

Cravious, Whira, and the goons could see the walls and the space around them wasn't the only thing beginning to twist and bend: they were too. They could feel themselves beginning to melt, like The Persistence of Memory

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy congrats on discovering a riteborn can absolutely tear a temple to pieces. @Kal the Guardian, @~Xemnas~, please keep in mind that all characters in the temple when it's destroyed will be killed.

• Like 3

Happy chat.

With - Mahrika, Two

Oh um, forgive my rudeness. My name is Mahrika.

Sorilax dipped his head in greeting, “I am honored to make your acquaintance, Mahrika.

She shook her head in awe, “I had not realized you were so strong I … I do not think I could take in a Rahi’s heartlight, unless it was a dying pet. I want to save lives, not power. But to be able to adopt four lives…

That right there was the reason trust continued to bloom in him regarding Mahrika. She was so selfless and caring. It was a shame she was Desecrated by another.

Mahrika swallowed, “We do need to prepare for danger though. And ... I ... to share in the power of life you have, to have sway with Life ... if it is ... you may des— Illuminate my mask.

Sorilax held up a finger as if to say “wait”. He popped open his own spine to reveal the Kraata inside. There was no hint of the gaseous body of an Aspect. He then sealed it shut and said, “These Rahkshi of mine are not my true body and I can jump between them. Should you prefer Quick Healing, I can provide that as well. And you should know that you can cleanse your Kanohi and then have it Illuminated by another Kraata, if you wish for a different power, at any time.

He was so humbled to have her trust him enough to ask to be Desecrated by him. He just hoped the other Aspect would not mind, nor try to harm her for doing so.

OOC: @Harvali Choose whatever you think is best. Like Sorilax said, we can always change it later.

• Like 1

IC: Knichou, Knichou (Knichou) | Knichou Airspace, Bridge of the Knichou

“A solution?”

We feel a nudge from Sidra. I'm feeling Sidra feel me feeling a nudge from herself? Woah.

“Believe what?”

Knichou. Me. Myself. I.

Technically, us. Believing in myself doesn't necessitate an ego trip. You are as important to all this. At least, if not more.

I feel the need to clarify because, well, yeah.

“Ugh, please tell me I didn’t just break your brain,”

I don't know. I don't need to. I don't need to.

I don't need to know.

“I mean, it’s not like I’ve never thought about lobotomising you before, but I’m going to be really embarrassed if I managed it by accident.”

I certainly hope my brain isn't broken but if it is I doubt it's your fault. The lizard was always here. The fact that there is a list of strange things that have happened with my mind with this Kanohi on really says there was always more going on here.

Though I definitely feel weirder. Am I still sitting on the couch? I am... but why I do need to double check? Normally I always know where I am, no need to think about it.

What was I saying*?

*EDIT: Thinking?

Not your fault. You know that. You're hearing me. I feel you in here, hearing all I think, yet I bother to say the thoughts aloud.

"I think..."

You hearing it aloud even when you can hear my thoughts still has purpose. Keeps what I say on track. Signal/noise, even if this noise has signal. Hopefully feeling my understanding of this helps you understand. If not maybe there are levels of my mind you haven't reached yet. This is your permission to continue. 

Not that you would need it.

"I think this isn't what you want to hear, but..."

I'm sorry.

Wow you have bright eyes, Lightbringer.

"I think it wants me to..."

Us to?

"Believe."

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

IC [Zataka - Kini-Nui]

The titan inclined her head sideways slightly, studying the Matoran once more. She got a strange feeling of deja-vu. Cryptic person sitting atop a major landmark? Check. Conversation that implied there was once again more going on and nobody was willing to say it plainly? Check. World about to end. Potential check. All that was missing were some freshly transformed Toa eager to run off and save it. She half expected the hypnotic assassin to materialize and try to stab the little fella...

“Empress of the South…” she said quietly, glancing upwards instinctively towards the sky in which the rest of their old world - and her people - orbited this one. “I’m an empress without an empire. My people are somewhere up there in the sky - if any yet live.”

She leveled her gaze at Nuju again. “So, no, I have no intention of visiting this Far Shore. I’m here because I have to find out what happened to my people and save them if I can - maybe even save everybody on this cursed island by giving them a way out. I know how to get back, but I can’t do it by myself."

"I need...help.”

• Like 2

IC: Nale Vella, Triage, and Rose (MC) - Ko-Pou/Taku Ramp

"I bet you'd be the coolest NUVA ever, Sky," said Rose, not knowing what that was.

Nale placed a hand on her chin in thought. The talk of NUVA and Proxima brought to mind the upgrades her and Knichou had talked of. She wasn't going to pursue the transformation Skyra craved, but Nale would need to speak with her partner about the other thing.

"Interesting," Triage said, having only heard of this process secondhand. He had no interest in it. The medic was happy the way he was, and didn't need any special power to help people--he had his mask, his tools, and his hands. Those...blasted shaky hands.

"Well, whoever takes you up on the offer, good luck," Triage then said. He looked to Berys, realizing something. "Where's Knichou, anyway?"

Nale turned to him and Berys, catching the medic's question. "He's on the bridge," she answered, "taking a well-deserved rest from today's excitement. Hopefully. For all I know he started working on something once I left."

The Fa-Toa looked over her shoulder into the ship's interior.

"Maybe you should check on him. I don't know. Say hello."

@Snelly@BULiK

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

Mahrika closed her optics she had a choice to make. The power of Life would be a great gift, and might even help Brother Tuakana. It would show how far she had come, and really show how she could trust Sorilax. And it … maybe Vokarda could … between adaptation and life…

But … Quick healing might be more useful in a fight, what with all the Vahki. None of these disks could heal her, remove poison would help her medically, but not regenerate her organic Protodermis. And even though Sorilax might be able to heal her, the fact was with him weakened she should not distract him further.

It did not help that she did not know the abilities of Life. Quick Healing, she knew roughly its abilities, but Life, it replaced Darkness, it was a Kraata power never before known. She could ask but … the Admin would likely be listening, if not watching.

Finally she touched her chest, pressing against Vokarda. Her beloved was the answer. She had to keep Vokarda safe, their lives were bound together, if Mahrika died, so would Vokarda. And Quick Healing would keep her alive.

She looked down and spoke in a hushed tone. ”I … with the Vahki guarding this place, I think the Admin might be allied with them. I … I do not want it forever, but I think I will need the power to heal more, at least for the moment.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru the die is cast

• Like 1

With - Mahrika, Two

Sorilax sagely nodded, “A wise choice.” He got down on his knees, then sat back on his feet to even further lower his body to bring it to Mahrika’s height. He opened the spine casing once more, revealing the Quick Healing Kraata inside. His voice still came from the Rahkshi armor’s face, “Let One touch your mask and he shall Illuminate it.

Mahrika leaned in and One crawled over to meet her mask with his mouth. Once contact was made, a sudden, creeping change came over her mask. Then with a surge of power, her mask changed to a transparent pearlescent cream and white. It seemed to be glowing faintly in the dark red light of the corridor. With it came a feeling of rejuvenation and health.

Sorilax pulled away, closing up his spine in the process. It latched into place with several satisfying clicks. He looked down at Mahrika, feeling in his mind a new connection to her forming. It solidified and he mentally activated it, speaking to her without audible words.

Mahrika, he said, should you ever need to remove my Illumination, simply use the disc of Removes Poison on your mask. Or use purified energized protodermis. Both will cleanse the mask. As for its glow, you can mentally turn that off, should you choose.

And just so you know, that error earlier took away my ability to use my element or my inherent Kraata power of Silence. He motioned to his heater shield, I do not even know if my Rhotuka shield of healing will work. But I still have One and Three’s powers at my disposal, and we have Two here. He motioned to his Rahkshi, who was wondering why they were both so quiet now.

Should anything happen to me or him, you should know the tools I carry. He lifted up the Rahkshi Staff in his hands, If you hold and concentrate on these staffs, you can use the Kraata power of the Rahkshi they came from. The one I hold is Fragmentation. The one Two holds is Teleportation. He motioned to the tuning forks at his hips, These Echo Forks produce a sonic shockwave that destroys when struck together. Be careful where you aim them.

For the Rhotuka shield, Rhotuka are different for each individual. Yours might be healing like mine, or something that injures another.

The longbow is an elemental weapon like your sword. It shoots icicles that can change shape once they strike something. Should whatever elemental dampener is in effect be lifted.

Sorilax turned to look at the doorway once more, then back to Mahrika, It seems whoever placed these cables was already in the next room. We might very well be attacked since I have no way to cloak or silence us. Are you ready to continue?

Sorilax wondered if she should even come with them, but the safest option was to keep her in his sight. Otherwise he had no idea what might become of her if she stayed here. What if the Vahki showed up? Or whatever the larger thing was. No, it was better for her if she stayed by his and Two’s side.

OOC: @Harvali Mahrika's mask has been Infected with Stage 3 Quick Healing.

• Like 2

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

Mahrika nodded, she had suspected he had lost his Kraata power, but to lose his element too? Beyond the dampeners? That was horrifying. He had been twisted by the Admin and she … she had not known if the Admin truly deserved to die, but how it twisted Sorilax, not only that it wielded power over the biology of people, but that it tortured her new friend, it should be stopped. Still, it appeared Sorilax was not helpless, even without his element or Kraata power.

Speaking of Kraata power, Mahrika had never … her mask had always mattered to her, it had been one of the few relics of her old life with Vokarda. Her beloved had crafted her telescopic lens after all. But now … her whole mask felt … right. It’s radiant glow hummed like a sweet melody,  the vibrations tickled her like Vokarda massaging her spine. It felt so light, and hugged her face so tight. It was … Sorilax had given her such a gift. She could never let this go. Never.

Mahrika stared off in a daze, before Vokarda prodded her. Blushing she tried to telepathically respond, “Alright. Let’s … let’s face this Admin. And stop it from deleting more of Matoran culture, or ripping other people of their elements or their natures.

She gripped her new Kanoka of freezing in her left hand, but kept her right on her Flame Sword. If the elemental barrier dropped, she would want to be able to switch to his best weapon as soon as possible. In the meantime she felt her left arm begin to shift and her systems rerouted into it, making the limb stronger. 

IC Kardaka - Ko-Pou

The Turaga of Stone winced then shakily nodded as Nixie approached, “Hello, I … I am sorry for trying to herd you and your fellows when you were sick I … I should have been better. I will strive to serve better from now on. May I ask what is your name?

OOC: @Tarn @Snelly @Onaku @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

IC Minions Avka - the Ruins of Stone

The Av-Matoran winced how … how were they suppose to get to the Aqua Sphere? How was anyone to get there? The Taku? Could a Toa of Air go that high? A mask of levitation? A mask of flight? Maybe a Kraata ability? They … they did not know what to do. They … they should seek help.

The Akiri, they would seek him out, he was only a Fe-Matoran, but he was appointed by a Toa, and at least he wasn’t a De-Matoran. If they could not find him, then they would search the refugees for Vulimai, then contact Ko-Pou. One of them must know how to proceed. Avka spun on their heels and ran out of the ruin, heading towards the big crowd of refugees being cleaned off.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

IC: Sidra - Dreamland

"Wants us to believe what, though?" 

Was there anything left in this universe Sidra didn't believe in? 

Two months ago, the only thing she'd put any measure of trust in was herself. Since then, she'd found friends she could put her faith in, seen an entire universe unmade faced down a literal deity, and been blessed by another. She'd traveled to an alternate reality, had a casual chat with a ghost, forged a Great Disk, and commanded a machine the size of a skyscraper.  She'd accepted the realities she'd once dismissed as madness, the truths of time travel, of Great Spirits, of paradoxes and other planes.  

The fact that she'd gone to the effort of having this conversation was surely proof enough that she believed in Knichou as well.

So maybe it wasn't her own belief that was in question here? 

"Look man, I'm not the motivational speaking sort," Sidra said, "But now isn't the time for self-doubt. The fact that you're still alive after everything this doomed universe has thrown your way should be proof enough that you're meant to be here. So get believing."

@BULiK

• Like 3

IC Leklo + Ship | Ambling Alp

On 5/18/2021 at 1:07 PM, Toru Nui said:

IC: Ostrox (Zakaz Airspace, The Ambling Alp, The Bridge) - Tranquility/Invader

"Odd. Usually they need to be pushed out for that." Ostrox commented on Oreius going skydiving without a parachute. "In any case..." He then started searching the ship for anything of importance or interest while they made their way to the Kumu Peninsula. [...] Ostrox skulked down to the crew’s quarters, and began rummaging around...

Ostrox found the crew quarters—two small sleeping rooms designed with Matoran dimensions in mind, though one of them had been drastically adjusted to accommodate a toa instead. This was likely the wizard's chamber which he used after leaving the Warskak camp to do his unknowable missions. The small bed was pushed up against the wall to make more space on the floor where the bedding from both the rooms were laid to be a single sleeping mat. While it was obviously scourged together, nothing about the room was messy or disorganized; the old man was apparently neat and tidy in ways his unkempt cloak betrayed. On the ground was also an incense burner, a hardbound book, and a magnifying glass. 

Up ahead, Ostrox could see into the little laboratoriette. It was stocked with basic lab equipment for mineral analysis and small research projects. There were some small tubes of green fluid stowed carefully in a sealed holding case, an organized notebook with scrawled journals, and an array of assorted magnetized implements. 

Leklo wasted no time manœvering the Alp southwards and leaving Oreius to his fate. He had no doubts at all everything he'd said was true and that he would either succeed or live to try again, but something about his final words about the Aspects made him fall into deep introspection about their kind. He'd seen some small whiffs of their mystical powers and had a dreadful inkling that Stannis was not Stannis at all in all the years he'd been in 'the Ark,' but those straying thoughts were disturbed by Parnassus conversing. Thankfully, the conversation was agreeable to the adrenaline junkie's mindset. 

"I'll direct you there," Parnassus said, pointing out the windshield. "It is both graveyard and birthplace for us, Aspects: the holiest of sites. There's bound to someone there who can help us."

"Good," was all he said in a refocused response. The Alp was a fast ship and Leklo was nothing short of enthusiastically enthralled by its handling. The landscape below whizzed by as ground turned blue in a blur. 

Wait.

Hold up.

Reticent to lose time or waste effort he nevertheless slowed the airship down to get a better read on what he was seeing. The ground was not blue from speed but... it had become water. The strange domain of Kumu still came up ahead of them and the desecration rock the native Skakdi favored was at its established location, but it was the landscape that had changed. He'd transected this area with Korruhn once, he knew well as any other than what they were supposed to be over land. That only meant one thing, and as unthinkable was it was he'd come to understand chance flowed differently there on this land called Zakaz. "Parnassus," he said, concern on his tongue, "why is the island turning into the sea?"

@Void Emissary

On 5/27/2021 at 2:48 PM, Toru Nui said:

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Kumu Peninsula, The Muaka) - Spectrum is Green

Three Toa, one Zyglak and one former-Steltian were making their way across the shadowy land known as Kumu, when something caught their attention. "Oh, that’s a lovely shade of green." Tekmo commented on the colour of the airship above them, trying to speak over the roar of the Muaka’s engine and the howling wind of the peninsula. "Makes a change from the usual drab grey or eye-searing reflective silver."

Waveahk fought the urge to decapitate Tekmo with his lobster claw as his eyes rolled into the back of his head. "Wait here. Not that you can wait anywhere else. I’ll see if we can’t hitch a ride, so to speak." Waveahk began to float higher up, to try and grab the crew’s attention. He could make out the logo on the side - a mountain with a foot poking out from under it. And the name: 'Ambling Alp'.

"And what the— is that the Steltian dude from Metru-Koro... floating up to us????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tarn said:

IC: Nale Vella, Triage - Ko-Pou/Taku Ramp

"Where's Knichou, anyway?"

Nale turned to him and Berys, catching the medic's question. "He's on the bridge," she answered, "taking a well-deserved rest from today's excitement. Hopefully. For all I know he started working on something once I left."

The Fa-Toa looked over her shoulder into the ship's interior.

"Maybe you should check on him. I don't know. Say hello."

IC: Berys, Ko-Pou, The Taku, Entrance Ramp

Berys looked to Triage with a shrug. "I've gotta get up there to test the Vortixx's repairs sooner or later, if he's not already doing that. At the very least I'm sure he'd love to hear that Skyra's back and the riteborn is dead."

"Is there anything you brought with you that you need to unpack before we set off?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

IE Jural & IC Stannis | Uhuraz' Plane

On 5/27/2021 at 4:35 PM, Gecko Greavesy said:

IC: Whisper - Uharaz's Plane

"I have no further questions," Whisper replied. "At least, not for you." She glanced at Stannis, still wondering why he'd brought them all here, and what he hoped to find.

The Armourer looked first at Whisper's floating self and then shifted his gaze towards the old grandfather chaperone, the PETA member who was still in his post-grunge phase, and then at the Builder, before shrugging emphatically. He didn't know what else to expect, really—he couldn't remember what he was supposed to expect anymore, it'd been so long since they had visitors in the Iron Fist. It was a shame, of course; the dimension had been clawed from the Multiverses by Lord Uhuraz himself, claimed by his power and hewn to his needs and likings as an institution of reeducation. This was a place for questions to be asked and biases to be disowned in exchange for a higher, empiricist mind view. And yet, nobody asked him anything worth so much as noting on the syllabus. He was beginning to get the inkling these pilgrims were not what they seemed. "Very well," he said curtly. He spun on his heels and pushed open the double doors marked signage that read "Auditorium — Shh!

This door, at least, functioned as normal doors did and required no sacrifices from anyone. As they all walked in, the colors shifted once again and they found themselves in a setting much more aligned with the one from the antechamber. The 'auditorium' was indeed a performance chamber of a sort but it was dark and gloomy, and the familiar red hues adorned the mottled walls. Thankfully for the visitors it did not exude the same uneasy feelings of ill life despite the aesthetic similarities. Shadows played against every surface, making the fits of color far and in between, like flashes of dried blood on a chalkboard. Up ahead, past the rows and rows of empty seats that all lined up to face the front, was the stage that was lit by only a single lamp that shone brightly but cast little against the walls but hauntingly little light. [imgDoors on either side of the audience area were marked with signs marked "EXIT;" the left side's side was red, and the other was green. The one they had come from, Stannis realized, was similarly marked with a yellow sign. 

What seemed to be a thin, gauzy red curtain divided the stage front and back, and behind it lay a whole arrangement akin to a throne room [img] setting as if laid out for a play. The wall ornamentations in the theatre came to life beyond the curtain and intersected at the back of the stage. As the pilgrims' eyes adjusted they realized the large throne was not empty: On it was a suit of armor, seated in repose. [img] 

"I'll be with you again shortly," Jural said and gestured further into the chamber. "My brother can assist you from here. And please—ahem—do not touch any of the relics."

Up ahead, Stannis could see another toa materializing from the shadows on the stage and coming under the sheer curtain. The great sheet of fabric rippled when the toa lifted the edge to pass underneath and then sighed silkily as it fell back into place when he let go. He was an adorned toa, tall as Jural and marked with blue armor much deeper than Jural's with a flowing black cape. A priestly chest plate covered a heartlight and he carried a double-ended staff with ease by one hand. 

"Welcome!" the toa bid with mirthless enthusiasm. "Welcome to the Temple of Uhuraz. You've come farther than anyone and are all, truly, Welcome Ones in this sanctum. You are hereby blessed."

"You must be the high priest," Stannis said.

"That is my title," the toa said. "But not properly elected to it. It comes with being the only priest, unfortunately. We have not received loyalists come to pray to their God Uhuraz in eons.

@Crimson Jester @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

IC: Reliable Narrator | Mi-Kiri

It had been a while since Ollem was left to twiddle his thumbs at Bellicus Tower. 

"You're better off here anyways," Kas said before leaving. "No offense to your ability to sneak, but I work better in the open. You'll just be in danger when the fighting starts."

He'd left Ollem there with several armed weapons, directions to the garage, and instructions for placing a coffee order at the broken vending machine downstairs.

A little while passed and the explosion happened. Even though the source was several blocks away it still rattled the broken penthouse windows. Kas said something about creating a diversion. Surely that was it…

OOC: @Harvali, sorry I forgot Ollem was your MC. 

IC: Lizard | Knichou's Mind

Just off the coast of the beach in the shallows a toa rowed a small dingy through the surf. He wore red and gold armor, a kakama, and had haunting blue eyes. Strapped to his back was a crystal flamberge. He rowed past and out of sight without a word.

"It's not the body that makes a spirit great," said the lizard that seemed so round it might burst. Then it did, popping like a balloon and vanishing. 

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy, @BULiK

• Like 4

Happy chat.

IC: Knichou, Knicwho?

That's not me. I think. I feel like I'd know if that was me, and I don't know, you know?

"I hate riddles."

The lizard is gone. It's just us again.

"Did it answer your question? Is that what it wants us to believe? Whatever you just did, I don't know if you went too deep, or not deep enough."

Am I not believing enough? Should I be believing in the first place?

You say I should. Thanks, by the way. 

You're right. I'm still here for a reason. I wish I knew what that reason was, but whatever or whoever said that is right - whatever happens will happen and what must happen is doing, despite not knowing what will happen.

I have to try and no option is off the table yet.

I can make Makoki stones because someone could, and if they were made, they can made again. How is the key, but how is also irrelevant. Someone found out how, and it can be rediscovered. Makoki stones can still exist and be made, even if how is lost to  -

time?

'And each time I have forgotten the instructions.'

'And each time I have remembered they are unnecessary.'

'And each time I have returned.'

'And each time I have fled.'

'And in all times I create.'

What did it mean by this?

Has this happened before? Will this happen again?

Was that me, but a different time?

Why can't I see what happened before? There is no why. I can. I can make a disk of time. That can get us anywhere and anywhen.

"When and where do you think a real answer would be?"

• Like 3

With - Mahrika, Two

Sorilax nodded in agreement. He turned to the open hatchway door, lit from within and contrasting the dim red light of this hallway they were in. He took a couple steps toward the sound of running water and then paused. He thought about it for a few moments, then put away his staff and Kanoka to pull out his Echo Forks. If his Ice Longbow still did not work in the next room, then these tuning forks would at least give him some measure of mid range damage more devastating than his Chain Lightning. His Rahkshi Staff was still within easy reach. All he needed to do was be gripping it to receive its power and then use that power, even if it was with his other hand. The power did not have to manifest from the staff itself, thankfully.

He gave one last look to Two and Mahrika, then cautiously approached the door, peeking his sleek head around the frame to see what awaited them. Two quietly came up beside him, staying out of view of whoever might be in the next room.

There did not seem to be any immediate threat that he could see. Sorilax carefully stepped past the doorway and into what lay beyond, Two following behind.

OOC: @Harvali @Unreliable Narrator Okay, we're as ready as we can get. Let's see what lies ahead!

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning, Mind Reading and Quick Healing

Location - Inside the Fire Ruins

With - Whira

Something was wrong. This was very bad. Cravious warped like molten metal. No, everything was. Like some insane dream, the world was collapsing around them. There even was a voice from nowhere to cement that this wasn’t real.

But Cravious wasn’t waking up. And he knew he hadn’t fallen asleep. This had to be the work of the Zivon. It was destroying this place. It was destroying them.

A fire of determination lit within him, hotter than any amount of fear. No one would kill him. Not Whira, not a Zivon, not anyone. He would be the richest Skakdi in existence. He would own the island itself. He would figure out this idiotic Great Disc thing.

Cravious yelled in defiance, the noise distorted too as even the air came undone.

He moved, legs somehow still able to touch the ground, though the ground was partially on the wall now. There were blurs of color around him, no doubt his hirelings. Indiscernible noises came from them, and when he bumped into them, they stuck together for a moment like hot rubber before finally coming apart. They piled through the portal and into the main room.

The distortions weren’t as bad here, but they were worsening. Cravious ran as he yelled, “Clash, Voracious, take us down this tunnel! Wash away whatever venom comes our way. Asperity, take us to the Cube once we’re clear of the ziggurat! Whira, cloak us in shadow as much as you can, maybe it won’t be able to see us. Sagacious, go immediately to the engines and set them into overdrive. Pour in all the Lightning you have!

The sound of many feet running filled the massive room. The lava pool started to warp too much and poured out onto the ground, sending out noxious fumes. Then they were at the hallway, their breathing heavy and anxious, yet they spoke not a word.

Clash and Voracious clasped hands and a massive flood swept up the group in its pull. A rushing, deafening gale swept them along even faster along the top of the water. They all felt that electric tingle and suddenly the water turned brown and grey. Paranoia filled their minds, a sign that Cravious knew meant a Zivon was near. He used his X-Ray Vision and automatically flinched as he saw the Zivon atop the ziggurat, ripping it to pieces. It’s movements seemed… slower than he remembered of the other Zivon he had seen. Maybe they had a chance after all.

The water around them seemed to tug at them, trying to slow them down. Or perhaps it was what the water was picking up that was giving them that feeling? Had the Zivon coated the hallway with venom? The flood and rushing wind could not be slowed, however. They all raced down the tunnel as if it were some kind of slide, only gaining speed as they reached the end.

Then suddenly they were airborne. Suspended in that moment where one remained weightless for what felt like several seconds but was really only an instant. Then Asperity took over and the inside of the Cube became down instead of the ground. They all started to freefall sideways towards Cravious’ vehicle and the large open garage ramp, the water below them obeying the normal laws of gravity and disturbing large amounts of ash that clumped at the surface as it found the lowest elevation it could.

Cravious didn’t realize it, but they all collectively were holding their breath, ready at any moment to be snatched from the air. The only noise was the dying wind, the slowing water, and the horribly loud noise of giant stone blocks being tossed around like they were twigs, settling in the ash mounds.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Gecko Greavesy Xemnas, I have Whira running with the group, but I feel like having her use her powers is a little too much bunnying. Would you mind writing up a post for her so Nato can respond?

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Had to add Sorilax entering through the doorway.
  • Like 2

IC, Whira: Ruins of Fire

NO NO NO! Whira was not going to go out this way. She refused to.

Angrily, she called forth the shadows, cloaking the Cube as Cravious had suggested. "Get us out of here!" she shouted.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Gecko Greavesy apologies for my absence, I've been dealing with some personal stuff lately

IC, Aurax: Metru-Koro Ruins

"I... what?" Aurax said, confused. "The place is just... gone? Ugh, great. Alright, see to it the people are safe. Let me know if anything else weird happens."

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy

• Like 2

IC: Sidra - Dreamland

The thought of simply making the Makoki Stones anew instead of scavenging for the rest of the missing pieces had never occurred to Sidra. But if anyone could perform such a feat, the man with the Mask of Creation seemed like a safe bet. 

"When and where do you think a real answer would be?"

"Uh... hang on..." she thought back to her memories of Nuju, both of her own conversations, and the ones Sorilax had shared with her. "If the Makoki were a book, each plane would be a page or a chapter... the Makoki Stones are the binding of the pages to the book’s spine... the sooner we can unite the Makoki and access what truth lies beyond the parting veils... I am aware of six of these stones... forged from a single makoki sphere by six great toa heroes before the creation of the Mata Nui Ark itself."

"Forged... and Dume was the Forgemaster!" She exclaimed. "Karz, now I regret killing the guy."  

But still... if the Mask of Creation, the Great Disks, and the Suva weapons all also pre-dated the departure of the Ark, then surely one or more of them would've been forged in the same place as the Makoki Stones? If they could figure out where one of them had come from, it might lead to the where to go with the when Nuju had provided.

@BULiK

____________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Xaril - Kini-Nui

"Will do," he nodded, before remembering that Aurax couldn't actually see him. "How goes your mission?"

@~Xemnas~

____________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Opal - Ruins of Fire

The temple tumbled apart under her savage assault, the strange starry expanse within unraveling before her eyes. Her prey would have no choice but to flee now, or be buried beneath a cavern of their own cowardice. Sure enough, as she reared her bulky body back to get a better view of the entrance below, a flicker of motion and colour caught her eye, as a sudden sideways geyser jettisoned several beings into the shadows amidst the long-dead trees. 

Stomping the debris beneath her to dust, Opal forced her fearsome frame to turn fully around, a process made all the more laborious by the strange sluggishness making her limbs lag. But while she struggled to turn herself around, whatever effect was slowing her movement did nothing to impede the progress of the four oversized rhotuka - one each of blinding, deafening, muting, and numbing - that she sent twisting towards the shadows sheltering her prey. 

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 3