Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Knichou, help

Don't. Has one of Dume's secret projects ever gone well?

"Dume was the 'Forgemaster'? Forgemaster is pretty self explanatory as titles go, but how do you know this? Where's his forge?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Sidra - Dreamland

"The Ice Suva. I was attuned to it for a while," she explained, "The Suva, like, registers the owner and origin of the items stored in it. There was a sword in there created by a Forgemaster Dume... but I have no idea where the forge itself was. Maybe the Admin would know? Or a Mask of Psychometry could show us?" 

@BULiK

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Knichou

No idea either. I haven't been in any Suvas, or met this 'Admin' people have mentioned, and I certainly don't know anyone with that kanohi.

I shrug.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

"Well, you're pretty much at the Ice Ruins. Wouldn't hurt to just wake up and go ask him."

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"I guess you know how to keep track of and get in touch with me whenever you want to, even after I wake. Less chances of misfiring there, too, probably."

I stand up from the couch and stretch, not that it matters in the dream.

"You know what I'm thinking about doing, but what are you going to do until next time? When can I expect a next time?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

IC: Jutori - Kini-Koro Hospital/Kini-Koro proper

...well, you're doing no good in this bed.

Jutori rose, determination in his emerald optics. He was a Toa, yet he'd been able to do little since the Earth Ruins. Retrieving his trusty sledgehammer he strode out of his room, and the hospital, and found himself in a Kini-Koro that showed little sign of the chaos from before. The weather had cleared, and night had fallen. Danger was gone. Perhaps things were returning to normal.

The Toa of Gravity took a walk through the village, hammer over his shoulder as usual, observing the quick repairs done from storm damage. He wondered if all the action ever took a toll on these people. Even after the crash, battles and destruction continued. True "peace" was a rare and precious commodity. 

Nothing could ever be normal again, he concluded. And he wondered if it was taking a toll on him, too.

He missed his old allies. He hadn't seen Kilo since they made it to Kini, and the rest of the Odd Company were...scattered. Vashni and Atamai had been on their own paths, and Atamai...

Jutori's thoughts were interrupted by a golden stream rushing down a nearby hillside, its ichor-like appearance making it stand out in the dark. He didn't see any point in investigating, but did find the sight captivating for a moment, before continuing his walk. An airship had parked close by the Kini-Nui temple itself, the night sky reflecting off its hull. That seemed odd to him, moreso than the ichor. Curious, he began walking in that direction, albeit without much intent--if he were to, say, be interrupted before crossing over the protodermis lake, he wouldn't have paid much mind.

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: [Nixie, Vhisola & Co. - Po-Kou Shelter]

“It’s alright.” Nixie said, noting Kardaka seemed rather brittle. She stepped a bit closer and looked the elder in the eyes. “Hey, it’s okay. It wasn’t your fault and we made it through.”

“My name is Nixie. I am - was, and astronomer. The other Ga-Matoran is Vhisola and the others…” she introduced herself, then paused. Her eyes narrowed in concentration. 

“Huh…” she muttered, looking over to the barracks, then back at the Turaga. The afflicted, close as they had grown through their shared trauma, had actually been in no position to talk to each other. “I, uh...I never actually learned their names.”

OOC: @Harvali

• Like 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Okuo - Ko-Pou

The Toa of Fire turned to the Matoran who'd followed him as he opened up the door to the barracks, nodding and smiling gratefully before entering inside. Leading them to the kitchen, they would see four large pots with sealed lids. Opening up the cupboards, he began retrieving stacks of bowls, plates, and cups made from metal and placing them on the counter next to the pots. He pulled a large case from underneath the counter, opening it up before he began placing the stacks inside, opening up the drawers as well to retrieve various cutlery to put in the case as well. With that done, he closed up the case and handed it to one of the Matoran, taking a large pot to hand to the other two each before he himself grabbed the last two, carrying them stacked on top of each other under one arm.

"Alright, that should be everything." He said, looking around at the kitchen he'd become familiar with during his month long stay at Ko-Pou, now having to empty it out as the world itself was on the verge of eating it up. There was a wistful look with a hint of regret on his features as he looked it all over, before finally sighing as he turned to leave. "By the way, I know Vhisola, but I was never able to ask your names before." He said, addressing the other two Matoran.

@Vezok's Friend

IC: Iradra - Ko-Pou

Iradra recognised the misshapen Toa from the battle in Metru-Nui a month earlier, the Toa who had at the last minute decided to join them as they escaped the Coliseum in a stolen airship. Placing a reassuring hand on Klawne's shoulder, she then moved to intercept the Ta-Toa. "I've seen you before. Achro, wasn't it?"

@Toru Nui@Harvali

• Like 2

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran followed after Sorilax and Two, her hands gripping her Kanoka and the hilt of the Elemental Weapon on her back. She felt the glow of her infected around her eyes, felt Vokarda squirming in her chest. She was as ready as she could be.

As she followed after the Aspect and his Rahkshi, one last thought brushed against her. Telepathically she reached out to Sorilax and asked, “I … earlier I think you were wary of speaking around the Admin, but I noticed you were disturbed by how alive those Vahki were. What exactly was strange about them? I do not wish to upset you, but I would like to know in case there are some of them up ahead.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

IC Kardaka - Ko-Pou

The Turaga of Stone bowed low, “I am sorry we could not meet in better times, Nixie.” As Iradra began to speak up, approaching, Kardaka winced. Not in disgust, though she was wary of how many Matoran, Toa, and Turaga were here. It worried her that she had not seen many of the slaves that had left on the Ark. Had they died in the crash? Or been wiped out millennia previously, and that was why the Ark crashed.

But again, that was not why she winced. She could not judge them, she could only judge herself. And she was wary of interrupting. Still she mustered her strength, “Excuse me, all of you, I have heard there is a portal to a large village called Kini-Koro here. Do any of you know where it is located, so I can inform them that Ko-Pou must be evacuated and ask if they know anything about Energized Protodermis.

She turned to Nixie at that, she had not forgotten that the afflicted Matoran would need a more long term solution to their sickness, and that they would need to know how the mutagen leeched into the Matoran. 

OOC: @Tarn @Snelly @Onaku @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Mi-Kiri Puzzle Room

With - Mahrika, Two

Sorilax mentally frowned and paused in his passage to what lay beyond. He thought back to her, They were two bodies sharing one soul. It had been painfully split in half. I… He paused, the feeling of it washing over him again, It was a horrible mockery of life. Far worse than any Taboos I have come across. I know we must figure out how to stop the island from disappearing after this, but hopefully we will be able to apprehend or stop in some way whoever has been doing this to these Vahki. It is not right and my own soul yearns to set things straight.

OOC: @Harvali

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Spiriah and Mesi | Spiriah's Labyrinth

Arkius breathed in the cold night air. It swept across the surface of the world, bringing the scents of spices and sand from the deserts to the East. He felt the loose soil beneath his charred feet. For a moment, Arkius NUVA Proxima could be called free.

Then Arkius heard the tilling of soil, and the crunching of footsteps coming from behind the rocky crags surrounding him. Even with the newfound powers of the light inside him, the darkness found ways to travel undetected. The Mesi arrived in force, their howling calls and orders echoing through the deeply carved grooves of the landscape.

Arkius was too tired to fight them all. The chase wore him down, wounded him, and left him gasping for breath in the night. The Mesi raiding party drew closer. They surrounded him. Then the voice of the dark spirit who he challenged spoke to him. The voice of Spiriah passed between Mesi, flickering from one to the next and sometimes inhabiting more than one at once. It said;

"You run well, Arkius. Your actions stalled me for many pages, and I have now stalled you. Time is the only resource that matters, so I robbed you of yours. You have little left. But you proved your worth and use to me in our little game of chase. A great end is approaching. I offer you a choice: become desecrated and follow my whim, or I will crush your corpse into the very earth you love so deeply that 1,000 cycles of erosion would still not uncover your remains."

OOC: @Onaku, in case this hasn't been clearly stated previously, this is a DEADLY ENCOUNTER. Moving forward, please tag me for a response. Thank you.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Mi-Kiri, Beyond the Server Entrance

After preparing in the hallway and considering their possible plans, they stepped through the porthole and into whatever challenge waited on the other side. A room of rainbow light greeted them. 

"Careful now," said the Administrator, who's voice echoed from within the room as if physically present. They continued; "It would be a shame to watch you spontaneously combust."

Mahrika and Sorilax’s feet splashed through two inches of warm water before resting on slick tile as they stepped through the porthole, and they immediately felt their fatigue vanish as a wave of healing life energy washed through them. The sheer amount of life present around them threatened to overwhelm Two.

The Four of them -- Mahrika, One, Two, and Sorilax stowed away inside One --  stood in a mostly rectangular room with high vaulted ceilings. The shorter left and right walls of the space bowed outwards to create a mildly concave structure of subway tile. Soft rainbow lighting from an unknown source and the rippling reflections of the water on the floor provided most of the room’s illumination.

One end of thick bundles of cables running through Mi-Kiri plugged into soldered sockets on the six crystal pillars that marked a wide ring in the center of the room. The crystal pillars flickered with strange symbols that ran vertically down their surfaces from vaulted ceiling to submerged floor. These pillars ringed an overflowing wading pool. Sorilax and Mahrika both noticed a repeated phrase painted on the tile around the lip of the pool: CAUTION. DO NOT WEAR. RISK OF DEATH OR DISMEMBERMENT.

A liquid display of rapidly changing matoran lettering flew across the far wall. While it looked vaguely similar to the wall of prophecies in Kini-Nui, large blocks of text moved across its surface faster than could be read, but throughout were names and a cadence of structure that was undeniably unique:

IC: …

OOC: …

Some names they knew, including their own. Other names they didn’t know, and throughout all of it a strange repeating title: the Reliable Narrator. Names flashed quickly, as did locations. 

But the strangeness of the far wall was nothing compared to the center of the room: a silver kanohi hovered above the pool of water in a column of golden light. Delicate fiber optic wires dangled from the back of the kanohi, and like the strings of a marionette ascended to the tops of the crystalline pillars. However, the mask floated on its own accord, and the delicate wires swayed with it. Two knew the kanohi to be the source of the overwhelming power they felt.

“Ah, we meet again at last. I knew you’d find this place and take care of the traps. I’m so proud of you, friends.”

Kas ducked through the door behind them and slowly rose to his full height. He looked a bit taller than Mahrika remembered, and she noticed a dent in his left shoulder plate that was about the same width as a kanoka disk. He looked injured elsewhere too, and some strangely colored spray was dried against his right ankle and calf. In his hands was a heavy looking shotgun, and he raised the barrel until it was level with the closest rahkshi. “Now, my friends, I’ll be taking what’s rightfully mine. Hand over the Ignika and no one gets hurt.”

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @Harvali welcome to the Elemental Temple of Light. As previously mentioned, this is a DEADLY ENCOUNTER. The profile for Bellicus Kastus is available in the rules topic.

• Like 5

Happy chat.

The Matoran carrying the pots looked like they were about to speak, then paused for a second and looked at each other and the others as they too suddenly realized that despite a shared fate and familiarity, they had not actually learned each other’s names. Vhisola did a double take as well.

“Yeah...it seems like introductions are definitely in order. As you heard, I’m Vhisola.” the Ga-Matoran said.

Next, the Onu-Matoran wearing a purple Rau and carrying the sealed case spoke up: “I’m Akamu.”

The pot carriers - both Ta-Matoran - one all red and wearing a Miru, the other black with yellow accents and a Ruru introduced themselves as Agni and Tiribomba.

That left three empty-handed ones: a mostly white Matoran of Ice with a dark grey Huna, one of Stone clad in tan and an orange Akaku, and one black and lime green Matoran of Air wearing a mask in the shape of a toothless Shelek. They introduced themselves as Pakastaa, Bour and Vican, respectively.

-----

Nixie scratched at her chin as she recalled more things she had only heard in her studies - which seemed so long ago now. 

“I don’t know anything about portals…” she started, “but I remember back when I was studying in Ga-Metru, the subject of energized protodermis did come up. It was mostly untested hypotheses at that time, the stuff is pretty rare from what I know. But there were records of observations that seemed to indicate it had transformative properties on living beings under certain circumstances. Like, if you were destined - like we were - it could transform you.”

OOC: @Harvali @Onaku

Edited by Vezok's Friend
  • Like 3

Location - Beyond the Server Entrance

With - Mahrika, Bellicus Kastus, Two

Sorilax’s mind was completely torn from what he had been saying. His burgeoning connection to Life was drawing him to the Kanohi floating in the center of the room. He was speechless as he tried to take everything in.

Two was holding his head spine casing, trying not to be overwhelmed. It was like being in the Fau Swamp, surrounded by millions of insects, except ten times worse. Life was exuding from the Kanohi in giant swaths of pure, unfiltered Life.

Two paused at the realization. This Kanohi had a direct connection to Life, as did his father and as did he. Two shifted his perceptions and realized the common thread that tied them all together. Something clicked in his senses and suddenly he was in tune with the power of Life in the room. It gave him a sense of power. His senses seemed to expand; his fit and able body seemed even more so.

Sorilax stared in awe at the Kanohi, his senses telling him this was definitely the place he was destined to be. His future lay here. He forced himself to look at the rest of the room, intrigued and confused by what he saw. But he could not ponder much before someone interrupted him.

Ah, we meet again at last. I knew you’d find this place and take care of the traps. I’m so proud of you, friends.A voice spoke behind them.

Sorilax turned and saw Kas duck through the door behind them and slowly rise to his full height. He looked injured, with some strangely colored spray that was dried against his right ankle and calf. In his hands was a heavy looking shotgun, and he raised the barrel until it was level with the closest Rahkshi. “Now, my friends, I’ll be taking what’s rightfully mine. Hand over the Ignika and no one gets hurt.

Sorilax could only guess that the “Ignika” was the mask behind them. Unfortunately for Kas, with his actions he had threatened not just Sorilax’s life, but the life of Mahrika as well.

Sorilax mentally gave Two a command, then mentally spoke to Mahrika, Kas has threatened the life of another sentient being with lethal force and so has forfeited his own.

A poem raced through Sorilax’s mind almost as an afterthought.

Goodbye

One by one you all will fall

Your past and future all will dance

In this moment you will stall

As we stare you lose your chance

Hello

Sorilax looked at Kas and activated the Rite of Repose.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Harvali 

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Formatting.
  • Like 1

IC: Waveahk (Zakaz Airspace, The Ambling Alp, Exterior) - Be Wary of Floating Hitchhikers

When Tekmo told him of the fierce Kumu wind, Waveahk had assumed that the little braggart was merely exaggerating, in order to make himself seem more impressive than he actually was. Actually arriving in Kumu had forced him to reassess his initial appraisal, and it only got worse as he rose higher up in the atmosphere.

"LET ME IN." He yelled, the tentacles around his mouth flapping in the wind, desperate to be heard over the howling gale and through the thickness of the airship's glass windows, while pointing to what he saw as the ship's airlock. "LET ME IIIIIIIIIIIN!!!"

@EmperorWhenua@Void Emissary

IC: Ostrox (Zakaz Airspace, The Ambling Alp, Laboratory) - Thieving Talons

DESTROY THIS PLACE! CAST DOWN THE FOUL WORKS OF THE FALSE WIZARD! STEAL ALL HIS LEFT SOCKS!

Hush. This could be important.

Ostrox grabbed the book before moving into the ship's lab. He confiscated one of the green vials and the notebook, before reading through the latter more closely...

@EmperorWhenua

IC: Ulkarr, Reckless, Lawful and Obedient (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone) - The Greatest Tragedy of Our Age

With Komisti presumably following him, the Aspect had stepped through the portal to catch the end of what Avka and that imbecilic machine were conversing about.

"Oh no. The Administrator is dead. This is a great loss." Ulkarr's voice, usually monotone, took on a manner of speaking that made it clear that he was being sarcastic. His face was even contorting into some sort of smile as he said it.

As Lawful administered medical aid to the infected refugees of Kini-Koro, Reckless and Obedient suddenly came in.

"Akiri Kanohi sent us. We-"

"Apply directly to skin." Reckless cut off his brother, shoving one of the Kanoka in the face of the nearest infected.

@Harvali

IC: NU-8020S, Achro, Navu and Klawne (Ko-Pou, The Taku, Exterior) - Acceleration of Fear

"Yes, and it still is. You... uh, you were with that purple jabbermouth and the big monster, weren't you? Where'd it go, anyway - was there, erm, something you wanted? Toa Achro, at your service..." He said the next word with some uncertainty. "Sister."

"It IS you..." Klawne whispered to herself.

"Using the portal network is not recommended." NU-8020S interjected in the conversation Kardaka was having. "Titan-class Rahi have been sighted in proximity to Kini-Koro, the hub of the network. Please use the airship for evacuation instead while your leadership fails to contain the situation."

Navu felt like she was going to be ill. The Taku seemed to be like a flying deathtrap, Ko-Pou was apparently about to sink beneath the waves, and Kini-Koro might still be under attack, considering Knichou had them fire on the Tahtorak even after it seemed to have given up. At this point, League slavery seemed almost appealing. Almost. At the very least, Tobduk-Koro still seemed to be safe.

@Vezok's Friend@Onaku@Harvali

IC: Impressionable and Wayward (Tobduk-Koro, Forge of Vakama) - Due Processing Power

"Not about the Tahtorak. About Toa Stannis. Toa Knichou believes that he is not a Toa at all, but an entity known as an 'Aspect of Makuta' inhabiting the body of one. This makes him a potential threat to public order."

"And the Squad Mother told you this?"

"Affirmative."

"I see. It's finally happened." Said Wayward, feeling and expressing a mix of horror and smug satisfaction. "She's gone insane."

"She was only repeating what Toa Knichou believes, which he was told of by another Aspect of Makuta identified as 'Sorilax'."

"Witness testimony has to come directly, not through a game of Steltian Whispers. You know this." Wayward sounded genuinely disappointed in his brother. Not angry, but still disappointed. "And it's hardly the most trustworthy source of information, besides. Especially considering who they're accusing - a 'great war hero', the 'wise and powerful' Toa Stannis Maru - and what they're accusing him of - fraud, impersonation, and not being one of the Chosen."

"These are serious accusations and they will be investigated..." Impressionable turned to Kanohi for support. "Won't they?"

@Harvali

Edited by Toru Nui
Added formatting.
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, BULiK said:

"You know what I'm thinking about doing, but what are you going to do until next time? When can I expect a next time?"

"Like I said earlier, I've been told that Stannis and Korruhn each have a Makoki Stone, and I have a rough idea of where I might be able to find them," she said. "I'm planning to track them down and make sure their Stones are reunited with the one in Kini-Nui. Once I'm done I'll be heading back this way." 

@BULiK

• Like 1

"Whoa, who programmed you?" the astronomer asked, surprised by the Vahki suddenly speaking up. They usually weren't this talkative - and much less prone to opine. 

"And what's this about titan Rahi? Seems we missed out on a lot while stuck out here."

OOC: @Toru Nui

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

When Tekmo told him of the fierce Kumu wind, Waveahk had assumed that the little braggart was merely exaggerating, in order to make himself seem more impressive than he actually was. Actually arriving in Kumu had forced him to reassess his initial appraisal, and it only got worse as he rose higher up in the atmosphere.

"LET ME IN." He yelled, the tentacles around his mouth flapping in the wind, desperate to be heard over the howling gale and through the thickness of the airship's glass windows, while pointing to what he saw as the ship's airlock." LET ME IIIIIIIIIIIN!!!"

IC Leklo | Alp, Kumu Airspace

"I think he's saying... 'Let love in,'" Leklo spoke to himself as he beheld the ungainly aberration being buffeted by the winds outside the serene airship's cabin. "... Did Waveahk become a born-again convert to a Lovecraftian faith? Oh wait maybe he wants in.

Just as much a risk-taker as he was a forgiving man, Leklo did not hesitate to open the entry bay door for the second time since taking to the air in the ship. Perhaps Waveahk also had some intelligence about the vanishing geography, but whatever the case Leklo was driven to see what was up.

Ostrox grabbed the book before moving into the ship's lab. He confiscated one of the green vials and the notebook, before reading through the latter more closely...

The book was a plainly-adorned hardback tome with sparse gold leaf embellishments on the spine. It was simply labeled "Volume I." It appeared to be an encyclopedia of sorts, or at least purported to be one on its exterior; when he pulled it open it made a splitting crak! sound as its ancient and nearly unused bindings faltered which would have shattered any archivist's heart into pieces, but not Ostrox. He was focused on finding what the old wizard was about and what his secrets were. Inside the tome were articles, much like what he would expect from an encyclopedia, but they were not alphabetical and written in an archaic script. He flipped back to the first pages to see what the greater title was.

It read,

The Atramentonicle:
The Chronicle of Shadows,
Treatises on Darkness,
Vol. I of LXIX

The little vial held a green fluid that rolled slowly around in its confines like glittering sand in a live sculpture toy. It did not react to his presence and looked otherwise innocuous. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 4

IC: Exuze, Kini-Nui

The camoflauged lesterin took in the surroundings. The rather tall, distinctively voluptuous, and very shadowy being by the temple and the figure standing by the gigantic door and golden creek were both definitely things to keep an eye on, but Exuze did not want to accidentally be on the bad side of either. Luckily neither appeared to be paying much attention to Tuyet's airship. He recognized Kini-Koro on the other side of the lake, but while it had grown since he was last here, it was eerily dark and quiet. Yes, it was night, but even from this distance he expected to see the lights of guards manning the towers, the light bustle of those working night shifts, something.

A lone, unknown Toa began to approach from that direction. Exuze crouched down in tall grass and watched. If the stranger got close, he might have to intervene, but for now, the Lesterin erred on the side of caution.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Tarn

IC: Knichou, Knichouland

Okay...

I'll talk to the Admin, then go on to see Aurax's deal, and finish evacuating this outpost. Hopefully I'll get a lead on where or when we can find out how to make more Makoki, but no matter what, I'll make sure we'll be able to make that voyage if we still need to when you get back. In the meantime, I'll make sure the word is spread to all who listen.

When you need to find me again, go wherever the refugees end up. I'll be there, defending them however I can. But you already know that - it's kinda my thing at this point.

One last thing - If I don't see yo-

No. I will.

But...

Thanks for believing, and giving me another chance.

You're deep in my mind. Karz, you may have been in here before, for all I know. You know how much I hated you. For what you did. For what you didn't do soon enough. As long as we've been on this accursed island, you've been another reminder of my greatest failure, the obstacle that cost everyone our God, our universe, our friends.

Not that you'd need to read my mind to have picked up on any of that.

But if we win. If we create the change, create the solution that we can't see the path to yet. If people survive because of what you did and will do.

I want you to know...

It won't make up for the choices you made...

You won't atone for the suffering you caused and catalyzed...

Because you've already done that.

I just hope I can do the same one day.

Sorry about the mess in here. I'll see you on the other side, Lightbringer.

(Oh, and when you see Stannis Caedast, tell them I said hi)

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy

• Like 3

IC, Aurax: Metru-Koro Ruins

"Well, my contact hasn't shown up yet, but I did come across an unmanned Exo-Toa who's willing to help, so that's at least one extra set of hands," Aurax replied.

IC, Atamai: Valley

Atamai knelt before the body of Nektann. A thought popped into his mind. The mech's arms reached out and yanked the Rahi's largest spine from its head. Atamai wiped the blood from it gently onto the grass and then focused his elemental power through the robot. Metal began to extend outward from the base of the spine, until it solidified into a large handle. 

One moment, Atamai thought as he hopped out of the mech. He walked up to the newly created sword and pulled out Dume's hammer. He touched it to the blade of the sword, and activated the hammer's kanoka power-granting ability. When Atamai sensed it had worked, he quickly got back into Malhukuraia. The ACR lifted the sword and swung it around, testing its weight. Atamai walked it over to a nearby tree where the mech touched the blade to the plant. Activating the sword's power, Atamai watched the tree grow several times its original size, dwarfing the other trees nearby. Enlarging. Not what I really wanted, but I suppose it could be useful in certain situations, Atamai thought. Calling on his elemental power again, a simple metal sheath was created around Malhukuraia's waist for the new sword to slide comfortably into.

Malhukuraia turned at Atamai's behest and walked back toward Kini-Nui. Atamai knew the Kaita spirit wanted to hunt down the other kaiju, and Atamai decided to oblige. Scanning around briefly, Atamai deduced that the Zivon had moved on. The mech raised its hand and returned the binding axe to the Suva Kaita, swapping it out for its regular chakram. The NUVA decided that it would be best to continue heading northward, toward the volcano.

Sometime later, Atamai heard loud noises. Picking up the pace a little, Malhukuraia strode foward until it came upon a disturbing sight. The Zivon was attacking what Atamai guessed were the Ruins of Fire. Atamai felt Malhukuraia's white-hot rage at the sight of the Riteborn attacking the ancient structure. Letting the feeling wash over him, Atamai let out an angry bellow and threw the flaming chakram directly at the Zivon's head, directing it with his elemental control over metal.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy just for posterity, Atamai created a sword for Malhukuraia out of one of Nektann's spines. It has the power of a level 3 kanoka of enlarging, based on a result of a 5 from rolling a d8.

• Like 2

IC: Xaril - Kini-Nui

"Well, my contact hasn't shown up yet, but I did come across an unmanned Exo-Toa who's willing to help, so that's at least one extra set of hands,"

An unmanned exo-Toa? It was far from the strangest thing he'd heard of or seen since arriving on this desolate island, but it was still unusual.

"Probably for the best," he replied. "I suspect we're going to need all the help we can get for whatever lies ahead."

@~Xemnas~

IC: Sidra - Wairuha

But if we win. If we create the change, create the solution that we can't see the path to yet. If people survive because of what you did and will do. I want you to know... It won't make up for the choices you made... You won't atone for the suffering you caused and catalyzed...

"Alright, save it for the wedd-

Because you've already done that.

I just hope I can do the same one day.

Sidra's train of thought ground to a halt mid-quip, derailing in a spectacular explosion of sheepish surprise and anguished astonishment.  

Sorry about the mess in here. I'll see you on the other side, Lightbringer. Oh, and when you see Stannis Caedast, tell them I said hi.

"Uh... sure..." she stammered, retreating from Knichou's mind before she made the mistake of saying anything else stupid. She withdrew her psionic senses and returned fully to her own body, still seated in Wairuha's cockpit. "Okay... find Stannis, find the Stones, save the universe. No pressure." 

She called to mind the memory that Viltia had shared with her, focusing on the details of the location, and within moments she and Wairuha were vanishing through shadow, destined for whatever remained of the Kumu Peninsula. 

• Like 4

IC Ysocla - Outside of Irnakk's Tooth:

For whatever reason, the journey out of Irnakk’s Tooth seemed to take far longer than the trip down. It might have been the heat, or the exhaustion from combat, but even with Ysocla’s urgency she could feel far too much time pass. The rumbling of the volcano continued to increase, the tremors beneath her feet and crutch becoming more intense. Desperation drove her onwards while the back of her mind hoped the others were still alright.

After what felt like a month, natural light entered her vision. Ysocla couldn’t tell if it was sunlight or moonlight, but what mattered was that the literal light at the end of the tunnel was visible once more. The thrill she felt inside at this discovery took its toll on her motor skills; the determined stride she had been utilizing almost immediately devolved into fast-paced stumbling as she exited the tunnel. A sudden onset of natural blinded her momentarily, but her eyes quickly adjusted to reveal the Panda still where they had parked it. One of her crewmates who was watching the entrance perked upon noticing her approach, giving a wave a holler. Ysocla weakly returned the gesture as she climbed aboard.

Yso! You’re a sight for sore eyes,” said the crewmate, helping her up. “We had half a mind you all had perished when the volcano erupted.

Fat chance. It’ll take more than that t- wait, the volcano erupted? When?

Uh, let’s see here, couple days ago, give or take? Few hours after you guys went in. What happened in there?

A few days?!” she sputtered. “We were just a few hours, not even a full day. I was running to get out before the volcano erupted, and now you tell me that already happened?

Twice now, actually. There was the rumbling for a larger third one, but there wasn’t an actual eruption that time.

Ysocla stared intensely at the crew for a moment before grabbing some water from the supplies and gulping it down eagerly. Wiping her lips off, she began to explain what happened in the tunnels: the nightmares the group had experienced, the confrontation with the Mesi, the disposal of the bodies and unintended rituals that were activated. The crew explained that they had witnessed a Tahtorak and Zivon emerging from the volcano before wandering off. All were silent for a moment before Ysocla broke the silence again.

Alright, based on what you’ve told me, we have confirmation on two of the riteborn and possible knowledge about two more, leaving one last Zivon unaccounted for. Once Lady Yumiwak and the others come back, we can form a plan to track them down.” An angry primal roar rang out from the other side of the volcano. “Does anyone know what that was?

No clue. There’s been some commotion from that area recently, but none of us really wanted to go examine it.

The engineer turned her head towards the sound, trying to hear more. Instead, she felt something in the back of her mind. An unknown force in her head drew her towards that location. Something connected to her was there, but she couldn’t tell what. A plan began to form in her head.

Get my bike ready,” she ordered, moving below decks. With practiced hands she activated the Panda’s flying engine. After climbing back up she found Justice ready to roll down the boarding ramp. “I’m going to go investigate that noise. I’ve turned on the flight engine, so once Lady Yumiwak returns you can come pick me up. Do not leave until she returns. If I’m back before she is, something has gone terribly wrong.” Straddling her vehicle and revving the engine, Ysocla rode off towards the mysterious sounds.

OOC: @Tarn@EmperorWhenua

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA- Taku Exterior:

Landing gear repairs have been completed.

Current task: bring Ally Skyra to water temple for NUVA transformation.

NUVA transformation will also create NUVA Proxima.

Calculating ideal candidates for NUVA Proxima transformation.

Ideal candidate found: Ally Jutori.

Last known location of Ally Jutori: Kini-Koro.

With the Taku’s new landing gear looking absolutely pristine, the automaton wandered back to the assembled group on the boarding ramp.

Landing gear repairs have been completed,” it announced. “This unit has calculated that Ally Jutori is an optimal choice for NUVA Proxima. Ally Skyra, this unit will be traveling to Kini-Koro shortly to retrieve him before traveling to the water temple. Please prepare for the trip. Ally Vashni, this unit expects Ally Jutori to be resistant to the proposal. With your ability to connect with others the chances of Ally Jutori accepting will increase. Would you be willing to accompany this unit on this task? You can be returned to the Taku afterwards if needed.”

OOC: @Snelly@Tarn

• Like 2

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Vashni and Skyra Daring - The Taku (Ramp) -

"Sure thing Kilo, I'll just chill here till you get back." 

Vashni looked a little surprised at the request at first, but then she nodded to Kilo. "I'm more than willing, it will also be nice to catch up with Jutori, it's been some time since I've seen him."

@Tarn @pokemonlover360 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

I feel it.

I'm alone again. Probably. Depends on how one interprets who or what Sidra had tapped into inside of me, honestly.

Even in the dream I feel the headache as Knichou's mind instinctively performed repairs on myself. Unlike any other headache Knichou could recall, this was the most relieving headache I've ever had.

The waters of the ocean rise. The bodies sink. The ruins are washed away. I feel the bloody water lick Knichou's boots.

Knichou always had a troubling relationship with saving the world. Call it ego, call it a hero complex, call it the truth, call it a lie, but ever since Metru Nui I've felt ready to do my part to save the world in a big burst of glory and legendmaking. So why was Knichou so scared?

My entire life I've researched the foundations of my universe... and yet Knichou was presented with an entirely new one, and he made little effort to study it. His world was gone, and I knew that spending his last few days in the apocalypse with my friends was more important than developing new technologies that nobody would live long enough to use. But this meant Knichou had neglected the secrets of the world around him, and risked the consequences of that ignorance. The battle with the riteborn exemplifies my blunder.

But also, he was tired. You are tired of running, tired of fighting, tired of it all.

The Lightbringer rejuvenated him. Now I'm ready to give it my all again. Not just to make sure Nale, our friends, and I survive. Ready to win. Continue or break the cycle, he would make sure they survived. She survived. Maybe even have himself survive, too. That would be nice, wouldn't it?

Old habits die hard, or something like that, and yeah, I'm thinking I'm back in the world saving business.

Look, don't think too hard about that, I'm an engineer, not a writer.

Not a train engineer either, because Knichou's train of thought was currently off the rails, underwater, and in an airship at the same time.

Knichou isn't a writer or speaker (Or negotiator or smoothtalker or particularly wise of an advisor in many matters)

And I'm not a wizard either. Despite the impostor Toa becoming Knichou's unexpected mentor, I never learned the most valuable lesson he taught. No, not the 'great/absolute power' one that he patiently watched me fail at with Dume and my Kanohi - that's quaint and hypocritical from a thing seeking the power to reshape the universe. 

Knichou had done the unexpected. For all his disdain held towards the Matoran's protectors for all their flaws, I became a Toa. Despite how I always held those who made weapons in higher regard than those who had the bravery to use them, Knichou became a soldier and a military leader. I may have wanted to work alone for so long, but I couldn't live without love now.

There was another thing I've been too afraid to try for far too long.

Knichou didn't stand up from the couch. The impossibly still waters rose, consuming all.

Knichou watched himself open his eyes as the silver sea swallowed him once more.

Knichou held his breath.

Knichou's armor didn't adapt a rebreather, but dissolved away.

Knichou swam deeper.

Knichou wandered.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

IC

Dum Vita Est, Odium Est

The seas had grown close and cold around the Skakdi of Fort Nektann in recent days. Where once the fortress had been an oasis in the desert, now it was an island amidst an ocean, only connected to what remained of the mainland by a scraggly strip of sand.

Now, as the sun sunk below the horizon, the Skakdi that hadn’t departed with the warband prepared to hunker down for the evening, dancing and drinking, laughing and lying, anything they could do to dispel their dread-filled thoughts of what fresh desolation the dawn could bring.

Two Skakdi in particular, however, didn’t withdraw into the fortress straight away. The shrinking shoreline had offered an opportunity for them to try their hand at fishing for the first time, and they’d managed some measure of success over the course of the day. Though they knew dusk was when Takea would come out to hunt, scaring off most of the big prey, the pair were hoping to snag a few more fish before returning to the fortress, knowing the rest of their comrades would appreciate a fresh meal.  

The beach before them was strewn with seaweed that squelched beneath their clawed toes, thick tufts of the stuff continuing to wash ashore with each fresh wave. Waves that brought with them the crimson hue and metallic scent of blood.

“Seems like somethin’ out there’s eatin’ well,” one of the Skakdi chuckled, beginning to pack up his rod. “Gonna be nothin’ out there but Takea soon enough. The blood’ll draw ‘em in.”

“Sharks are still fish, right?” The second Skakdi pointed out. “If we catch even a little Takea, it’s still more of a meal that some of what we’ve already scrounged up.”

As if to emphasise his point, there was a sudden, vicious tug at his rod. Grinning in the way that only Skakdi could, he tugged back… and something that looked like an eel or tentacle lifted up out of the water, caught on his hook. The tendril snaked its way up the length of line in a split-second before slithering swiftly along the rod. The Skakdi had time enough to glimpse the slim leaves jutting from the narrow vine before its end tapered to a point, hardened into wood, and speared through his throat.

It burst through the back of his neck in a pitiful puff of blood and branched off into two tendrils that whipped back around the Skakdi and yanked him into the water before his flailing form could finish falling to its knees.

For the first few seconds, the other Skakdi could only stare. In the dying light, he couldn’t even be sure what he’d just seen, save for the obvious fact that his friend had been suddenly snared by the sea. He dropped his rod, abandoned the buckets of fish they’d already caught, and ran for where he’d left his launcher, resting against a rock further back on the beach, out of the reach of seawater.

He never reached it.

He heard something churn the waters, and a wave greater than any he’d ever seen before crashed down upon his fleeing form, crushing clumps of seaweed coalescing around him, clawing and cloying. He sputtered and struggled, finding the strength to scream only once before the nest of greenery dragged him into open ocean to join his friend.

The waves weakened, the dark deepened, and for a time the tides were quiet.

And then, when the last slivers of sunset had at last passed below the horizon, the sea began to roil, as something vast and terrible rose up from below. It was a shape of raw reptilian rage, slathered in a second skin of seaweed and shrubbery. Wriggling whiskers of airweed clung almost comically to its face, the means with which it had been able to breathe beneath the waves.

Horrific wounds marred the creature’s face, chest, and arm, vivid burns and deep lacerations that still oozed ichor in some places, hours after they’d been inflicted. Primitive poultices and bindings of leaf and vine tightened around the wounds as the tortured titan rose fully from the ocean, and at long last turned his attention to the final remaining bastion of the warskak species.

The Tahtorak’s stance was unsteady as he stood on firm ground once more, an almost drunken sway to his gait as he staggered towards the fortress. The sea breeze beat at his back as he stalked forth, scattering the seeds that shed like sweat from his scaly skin. Where they flew and fell, they took root and grew, slaves to the monster’s mere presence.

A deafening bellow billowed from his mangled mouth as the Tahtorak of Hatred at announced his arrival.  

It was declaration and demand in equal measure.

The time of the warskaks was at an end.

OOC: According to a brief search through the profiles topic, @Void Emissary, @NorikSigma @Kal the Guardian seem to be the only participating players left with any warskak-affiliated characters who might still be at/near Fort Nektann. I’ll leave Marrow in limbo for another week or so, and if nothing happens in the meantime he’s going to go full Godzilla on this place.  

• Like 2

IC: Okuo - Ko-Pou

"Alright! Well, not sure if my name got conveyed back when... well, y'know, but anyway, I'm Okuo. Thanks for the help, by the way, there's a lot more to go around now so we should be able to give everyone something to eat before things start heating up again." He remarked with a smile as the group headed back outside the barracks and returned to the Taku. "Okay everyone, so, we have some stew, some hearty soup, potroast, a vegetarian option if anyone's not a fan of meat, and then there's some pudding if anyone wants dessert. There's bowls and spoons in the case, feel free to help yourselves to whatever you like, there's plenty to go around." Okuo said, giving everyone a friendly grin as he made his way up the ramp and looked around for an elevated surface inside the ship to put down the pots and the case.

@Vezok's Friend@Tarn@Snelly@BULiK@Toru Nui@Harvali

IC: Iradra - Ko-Pou

"I'm just here to help out in any way I can." She said, regarding Achro with equal uncertainty. As Okuo and the matoran helping him made their way around up into the Taku, Iradra couldn't help but look over with interest. "Huh, guess food's served."

IC: Arkius - Ascension

Arkius had done it. He'd reached the surface. Floating in the air in his shard of earth alongside a handful of others, sand whirling around underneath, he waited patiently for the Mesi to follow him up. He waited patiently. But no one came. Feeling down into the earth, he sensed nothing. No one was coming. Was he free? Lowering the shards down to the ground again, Arkius broke the one that concealed him apart, leaving only the protective shell that kept his charred flesh and warped frame together as he felt out with his earth sense, stretching his senses out further in all directions. He was free. Wasn't he?

Yet there at the edges of his elemental senses he felt nothing. He felt erosion against the fringes of the ground, ocean churning against the fragment of land he found himself stranded on, an island with nowhere to go. Had he his eyes he might have seen where he could go, might have floated his way across any ocean. But he was robbed of his sight. His body was ruined, his flesh burnt and his components distorted. His elemental energy was almost gone too entirely, spent on freeing him from the clutches of the corrupted earth, to bring him here...

But he had no where to go. He was free, and yet he was trapped just as before. As he remained there, he did not even flinch when he felt the droves of Mesi emerge from the the crags and surround him. As the Aspect spoke, he simply stood there like a petrified statue within his shell, all other forms of his elemental use having crumbled to stop wasting his energy. When finally the Aspect offered him his choice, he stood there in contemplative silence. Slowly, the shell around his form began to crumble away.

"Grant me blood." He began in a raspy, damaged voice, as the clay crumbled away from his withered and maimed form, his entire body covered in still fresh burn wounds as more of the cast crumbled away. "Grant me vengeance." Even as it crumbled away, how ever, the Toa stood tall over the Mesi that surrounded him, his eyeless face looking at no one but his head held high. "And my soul is yours."

Before the Mesi, he stood, mangled and charred, closer to death than life yet refusing to buckle from the effort of holding himself up.

"Otherwise just kill me."

@Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Onaku
  • Like 2

IC: Berys, Ko-Pou, The Taku

As the Le-matoran saw the group arriving with food, he quickly realized Okuo wasn't familiar enough with the new design of the airship to know where to put the meal.

"Follow me, the dinner table is upstairs," the Le-matoran directed as he walked further into the ship, turned around, and ascended one of the two mirrored staircases that hugged the inside of the vehicle's hull. Upon reaching the upper deck, the large dining and meeting table in front of them was clearly visible.

OOC: @Tarn @Onaku @Vezok's Friend @ whoever else is there

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 7:04 PM, EmperorWhenua said:

Up ahead, Stannis could see another toa materializing from the shadows on the stage and coming under the sheer curtain. The great sheet of fabric rippled when the toa lifted the edge to pass underneath and then sighed silkily as it fell back into place when he let go. He was an adorned toa, tall as Jural and marked with blue armor much deeper than Jural's with a flowing black cape. A priestly chest plate covered a heartlight and he carried a double-ended staff with ease by one hand. 

"Welcome!" the toa bid with mirthless enthusiasm. "Welcome to the Temple of Uhuraz. You've come farther than anyone and are all, truly, Welcome Ones in this sanctum. You are hereby blessed."

"You must be the high priest," Stannis said.

"That is my title," the toa said. "But not properly elected to it. It comes with being the only priest, unfortunately. We have not received loyalists come to pray to their God Uhuraz in eons.

IC ???? | Uhuraz' Plane

Korruhn's eyes quickly adjusted to the lack of light in the room; as the Void Sickness consumed him, a side affect seemed to be improved night vision. He'd take it. The room, although like the antechamber, was still rather odd, like the hallway; institutional, almost. Much unlike any temple he'd visited before. And that being said, there was something else.

"I think this is the first time I've ever been in a temple with living priests," Korruhn noted aloud, his head aloft as his eyes scanned the makeup of the auditorium.

"Really?" the toa said, appearing somewhat surprised at Korrun's remark. "Are there none living in the time and place you came from?"

Stannis shook his head slowly. "Things have changed, Priest. Where there was once life there is little. Civilization moved constantly, repotted and transplanted. Even though all roads lead to Xa-Kas the seasons shift in cycle constantly."

"Wise," the toa said approvingly with a gesture of his free hand to the sagely man and planted his staff on the stage. "And are you—you a priest...?"

"Once, long ago," Stannis said. It was the truth, but only barely—he was a charlatan in reality, but he played a priest on screen for a long time. "I was a priest for a different Great Spirit, one who's name I shan't utter here on this, most hallowed, realm."

"Nnnnnaaaammmeesss..." the toa ruminated. "You know names have power. Identity is everything when you don't have anything else. Please tell me, what are your names?" he asked curiously and settled his chin on the staff, eyes alight with intrigue.

"The temples of my world are ancient, forgotten. Strewn with sand, dust and corpses," Korruhn replied. "I dedicated my life to studying them. I am Korruhn, the Cartographer." Korruhn would also not forget Stannis' note of service to an unnamed Great Spirit; although, that was a discussion for another day. He was currently much more intrigued by what the Toa before him had to say.

Your world was once our world, too,” the toa said as a reminder. “Long ago.

Do you know the empty shells I tread past as I walked those empty halls, then?” Korruhns excitement piqued.

You have to understand, Korruhn Cartographer, my god is a god of war and many people perish over time. It is the role of my brother and I to commemorate the ones who died in service to Lord Uhuraz, but regrettably we did not record any of them who died in the Builder temples… and were not interred.

I’m Whisper, Aspect of Change,” Whisper said in way of introduction. “I’ll just be up-front in asking – is your god still among us, or has he too been interred?

You,” he uttered with sudden shock and fright and took a solid step back and foisted his staff to the ready in horror at Whisper’s introduction. “Why have you returned? Are you here to pour salt into the wounds? Has your bitterness boiled over into lemonade for you to spill in our cracks?

"I've... been here before?" The reaction piqued her interest more than anything else she'd seen or heard since arriving in the strange plane. "I'm afraid I don't recall. If you've met me before, it must have been in... another cycle. I assure you, I've no interest in pouring anything in anyone's cracks."

The priest’s eyes narrowed suspiciously and remained in a state of concentrated assessment for several seconds that seemed to last for long moments in the sudden silence that overtook the group. “OOOoooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhYou really don’t know, do you? New cycle, new body, new mind, because you’re in a new cycle… yeah, that checks out. No difference for us, time is meaningless here and we are cursed to neither forget or find it in our nature to forgive, Whisper.

"If time is meaningless, I suppose there's no point in me asking how long it's been since the... other me was last here?"

There is not,” the priest said contemptuously. “It was been long ago… and yet it was just yesterday that you presented yourself before Uhuraz. Tell me, then, did the spirits remember you as I do?

"The spirits?"

He nodded once, sternly, impatient; he seemed to think he was being strung along. “In the chambers that you walked to come here.

"There were voices, earlier," she recalled. "They asked if I was here to deliver them."

Did they,” the Toa said slowly with boiling rage behind his eyes. He was beyond angry, and for all the world struggled not to try and destroy the tentacled Aspect right there before him. Only the odds prevented him from doing so; against Whisper alone he could succeed, against just one more warrior would barely alter the result, but with three others it was practically suicide. One thing was clear in his mind, however: Whisper needed to die. And if she died here, away from the Time Between Time, away from its plane, she would die forever. Oh what frabjous joy “Then… it’s true.

Stannis gestured with his hand as though touching the man’s face like braille, except remained at a distance. He had remained quiet in the verbal altercation Whisper had found herself in though he was certainly lying attention. Something about the priestly man had awoken a memory in him and he desperately wished to revive the greater thought, and so he focused intently on his visage. “Velox… your name is Velox,” he said slowly. 

Ahhhhhh, so you remember, you know. But who are you? It is not me to forget a face I’ve met.

I was a different person, then,” Stannis replied. “My face has changed like the dunes. My name is Stannis.

Well met, Builder Stannis,” Velox said, his tone suddenly dripping all the spite he held for Whisper. But as soon as he finished greeting the wizard his eyes snapped back to the pink monster before him.

Builder Stannis, Korruhn thought to himself. Curious development. Just how deep did the Builders and the Aspects really run? The Void Touched felt like a fish out of water in this odd-itorium. The eye on his arm looked rapidly around the room.

"You didn't answer my question," Whisper replied warily, "Is your lord still here, or is this whole place merely a shrine to another cycle long since past?"

He lives,” Velox said. “And you do not get any more answers from me, Foe.

Though the staff of Mind Reading she held wasn’t strong enough to let Whisper read Velox’s exact thoughts, she could certainly sense his overwhelming feeling of hatred. If it weren’t for the fact she had no idea what she’d done to deserve such vehement feelings, she might have even been flattered. She drifted back a little, leaving her companions to their conversations. Evidently she wasn’t going to get any other answers from Velox.

"Does He like music? I could play a song for Him," Grime piped up from behind the taller beings. He'd spent the journey so far mentally cataloguing as much as he could.

And you are?

Grime shrugged and answered: "I'm Grime."

You may play a song in worship, ‘Grime,’ but do not lie in His holy house again.

"Back to the Builder Temples," Korruhn chimed in. He held out his arm to show the other Toa, this Velox, as he was named. It was black as midnight, it's armor jagged. "I got this in one of the Builder Temples. Do you have any record of it, or what it is?"

That… is a question for the Armourer—mysticism and collection is not my expertise. But you may find some knowledge on our walls. They tell our histories and share what Uhuraz knows. I encourage all of you to learn.

"Indeed," he replied, lowering his arm. This place, this realm was comforting; for as strange as it was, it was very similar to the Knowledge Towers of Metru Nui. "How do you know all of my party?"

"Through War," Velox said. 

"Most interesting. I've seen frescoes and bas reliefs depicting battles lost to record, but nothing complete enough to make out what actually happened, or who was involved."

Then you have not seen all the walls,” Velox said with a shrug. “They tell a story, Korruhn. Sometimes you aren’t looking in the right part of the book to understand the tale being told.

Indeed I have not,” he returned. “I didn’t have the capabilities I have now in those days. But alas, I’m here now, a student of knowledge. Would you care to show me?

That is also not my expertise,” Velox said. “I will have the docent show you. He will meet you soon.” 

And then Velox struck the stage with his staff and in a puff of smoke he was gone from sight. 

Not fair. I’ve been wanting to do that,” Stannis said of the trick.

Korruhn tightened the grip on his Rahkshi staff, looking to Grime, Whisper and Stannis, and then around the room; devoid of anything of note save for the armour seated in the throne. Something about this didn’t feel right. Who were these Toa?

@Gecko Greavesy @Crimson Jester @Unreliable Narrator @EmperorWhenua

• Like 4

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi for once did not panic, just let out a sigh as he continued to help Sucordak forging the disk. He did not seem to respond, and for a moment, Suvordak was surprised at how calmly he took it in. Did he trust Stannis so much that the concern did not even impact him. 

Finally the Fe-Matoran spoke up, his voice aged beyond his years. “The Aspect Ulkarr expressed similar fears, he suspected the necklace Stannis gave me was at least partly made of the essence of an Aspect. And Stannis has been a bit irrational recently, flipping from his old worship of Mata-Nui to openly dismissing him. And I spoke to Sorilax, he seems to hate his breed. And he specifically tried to warn us from infecting our masks. I do not think he would ally with Ulkarr. Ulkarr seemed angry at him, Sorilax spoke to me using a sphere of silence, excluding Ulkarr from the secrets he shared.

Kanohi and Sucordak continued to work and he continued, ”And to speak of the Muaka in the room, it is hard to dismiss the fact that I am a poor leader. I panic easily, I lack experience, I cower from difficult choices. But Stannis in his wisdom still put me in charge of Po-Koro, without consulting the villagers. I would be a bad leader, but I could be a … a useful pawn. When Stannis first met me, I was almost a worshiper of the Toa. Easy to manipulate for a legendary Toa.

He sighed as the disk finished forging, before Sucordak began work on the next, “Councilor NU, Toa Knichou, Sorilax, and Ulkarr all distrust Stannis and believed him to be an Aspect. They could be wrong, but … it does need to be investigated. At least to discover exactly what had made so many different people all come to the conclusion he is an Aspect. It may be a misunderstanding or manipulation from someone else. I will add, Sorilax and Vulimai confirmed that Aspects can possess people they have desecrated, it’s possible Stannis might now be a puppet of an Aspect. We have not seen much of him since the Impact, we do not know all his actions.

Kanohi had been debating this topic for some time in his head, for once he was vaguely prepared for this topic. Though his heartlight still pounded all the while.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui

IC “Komisti” - Kini-Koro

Komisti was never the best at reading the expressions and behaviors of others, they were still trying to unlearn every toxic lesson Cia taught them. Even now, they struggled to mourn that accursed island. So even if they noticed Ulkarr’s pleasure in the Admin dying, they did not recognize it.

I cannot say I am too haunted if the Admin does pass. They are far too nonchalant about the radiation of the NUVA door. Yes, the Kaita mechs defeated a Tahtarok where even the Taku failed, but … the changes it did to Atamai and Arkius…

They shook their head, hopefully if the Admin did die it would not be volatile, with Tobduk-Koro so nearby, they dreaded to think what would happen if the ruins detonated. 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran readied her disk. She had not yet felt the barrier binding her Flame Sword diminish, which meant it’s elemental power was still bound. She was not at full strength. But Kas was a Toa, without his element, he could only rely on his Mask of Quick Travel and any weapons he carried, like that strange tubed tool. She was used to not having an element. He was far more weakened.

As she held her Kanoka at the ready, she telepathically spoke up to Sorilax, “Ignika, I do not recognize the word, but I believe it means Life. This must be what brought you here. Kas’s mask is a powerful mask of Quick Travel, he can teleport himself along with another person. I do believe he has a few other Noble masks too. What do you suggest we do?” 

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

IC Kardaka - Ko-Pou

The Turaga of Stone flinched at the mechanical being with her mandibles, staggering under her own weight. There was indeed a Riteborn on the island, but the conjugation, was there more than one? And even if there was only one, it was already attacking a refugee camp? The … the people…

She had her penance to perform. 

Planting her staff firmly on the ground she managed to croak, “I … I need to go to Kini-Koro now then, I cannot waste more time. I have … have to try to rescue anyone caught in the chaos. Try to mend their homes. I am just one Turaga. Tell me where is the portal.

OOC: @Tarn @Snelly @Onaku @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

IC Minions Avka and The Big Bruiser - Tobduk-Koro

Avka watched as the poison oozing down the Matoran’s face suddenly was drained off of them, sucking into the disk. The village had remove poison disks? That was a relief, they could treat the survivors of Kini-Koro now. Though, how long would a disk holdout trying to heal a whole village?

In the meantime they spoke up, “We have a problem, the Admin, it says someone is trying to kill it, fro, inside the Aqua Sphere. If it’s destroyed,it could damage Tobduk-Koro, and we will lose the weapon against the rain demon. We need to do something.

The Big Bruiser stared, “I … do we even have a way to fly that high? I guess there is the Taku, but they were in Kini-Koro when the … Rain Demon attacked. And some survivors claim a second giant beast was there too, hurling poison.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

“Hang on, Turaga.” Nixie chimed in. “I don’t know what’s going on with this island, giant monsters or strange portals - but look around. Toa, Vahki - all these protectors of the people. Surely they wouldn’t spend this much time here gathering food and doing more than just getting the ship airworthy again if others needed immediate saving.”

“And like you said, you’d be on your own. Unless you’ve been holding out and packing way more of a punch than it appears you do.”

She looked to the nullifier Vahki again, hoping the odd unit would provide more information.

-----

Hearing there was going to be food, the Matoran’s expression lightened up considerably. Agni balled his hands into fists and smacked them together audibly. “Food, yes, good!” the Ta-Matoran exclaimed, excited. The others nodded, following Okuo and Berys, ready to help set tables - or whatever they used here instead aboard the airship.

OOC: @Harvali@Toru Nui

IC: [Scarrow - Observing the Ruins of Fire]

Things were getting interesting as Scarrow’s fellow Zivon tore into the temple, exposing warped starlight within. The other kaiju was no ally, but it was familiar - an emotional connection to a former life neither being remembered. And Scarrow was getting hungry. They were so tempted to pass the veil and enter the fray - but Zataka’s command held them back.

Which was fortuitous as another massive being appeared on the horizon. This one was bipedal - and no riteborn. Somehow Scarrow instantly knew the approaching Kaita to be a potential deadly foe - one they could actually see eye to eye with. The feeling was confirmed when the Kaita let out an enraged scream and immediately bore down on the other Zivon.

Scarrow repositioned and continued to watch from beyond the veil - for now.

IC: [Fallen Tahtorak]

Nektann was dead. Of that there could be no doubt, what with his head missing and all. But had the Kaita linger a while longer, they would have seen the massive carcass begin to twitch. 

Once -  twice - before laying still once more...

• Like 5

IC: Triage - The Taku

Triage smiled and nodded at Okuo as he brought the food aboard, following with him and Berys to the meeting table. The medic also wanted to get around to seeing his garden again. "Well, we certainly won't be going hungry any time soon."

IC: Nale Vella - Ko-Pou/Taku ramp

Nale, meanwhile, remained on the ramp a little longer. She wanted to be sure everyone boarding was accounted for.

@BULiK@Onaku@Snelly@pokemonlover360

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Waveahk (Zakaz Airspace, The Ambling Alp, Entry Bay) - The Hunter's Code

Waveahk floated over to the entry bay door, and clambered inside. He was half-tempted to not mention the rest of his group on the ground and just abandon them, but that would serve no practical purpose, not to mention that he would be quite angry if the situation were reversed. Even among the Dark Hunters, there was - or at least, should have been - a level of professional cohesion. He made his way to where he thought the bridge was.

"Hello?" He called out to whoever was listening. "Thank you for not shooting me, but the rest of my group is still on the ground. They can't exactly fly like I can."

@EmperorWhenua@Void Emissary

IC: Ostrox (Zakaz Airspace, The Ambling Alp, Laboratory) - Apathy is Death

Ostrox almost drew his sword at the sound of someone saying 'hello'. The voice was distant, guttural, and almost sounded like it was underwater. It was not Leklo's or Parnassus' voice.

Well, whoever it was, they seemed to be asking for help. It wasn't his problem, it wasn't his ship, and it wasn't his concern. He decided to do what the Toa did about the Zakazian conflicts, the Xian corporations and the Shadowed One's takeover of Odina - squat.

And what did your precious kings do about those problems, exactly?

Silence!

Exactly.

He continued reading through the book, if it was not about to crumble into dust before him, that is.

@EmperorWhenua

IC: Ulkarr, Reckless, Lawful and Obedient (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone) - Form an Orderly Line

"Everything seems to be in order. I shall inform the Akiri of our success." Obedient left to do exactly that.

"I will take those." Lawful took the remaining disks out of Reckless' hands, save one. "There is an infected Zyglak outside the ruins. He will have seven infant Skakdi near him. Use the Kanoka on him and then return here."

Reckless looked at his brother strangely, as if he thought this was some sort of joke, before remembering that his siblings all had the sense of humour of a plank of wood. He instead buzzed an affirmative in their language and left to do as instructed.

"Everyone, please remain calm. You will all be treated in due time."

Ulkarr got in line with everyone else, despite knowing he couldn't be poisoned like the rest. He motioned for Komisti to join him.

"Come. You must still be treated. The rain may have washed off the poison, but your vessel may still be compromised. After that is amended, Kanohi must be informed of our plan. Then we will start recruiting for our mission. Some of the Vahki, the one known as Big Bruiser and the Vo-Skakdi should do well..."

@Harvali

IC: NU-8020S, Achro, Navu and Klawne (Ko-Pou, The Taku, Exterior) - Dinnertime

"The portal is just over there." Klawne pointed in its general direction for Kardaka's sake, temporarily distracting herself from Achro.

The Toa of Fire followed Iradra up onto the Taku. The food these people has was better than the filth he had to subsist on for the past forever, but... perhaps it was the sensation of hunting down his own food that he missed, rather than the flavour. When was the last time he killed something, again?

NU-8020S tried to dissuade Kardaka from going, while simultaneously addressing Nixie's argument. "The situation at Kini-Koro is - supposedly - under control. Please note that 'under control' is not inherently associated with safe."

Overhearing, Navu decided that the Taku was her safest bet after all, and followed Iradra and Achro aboard.

@Vezok's Friend@Harvali@Onaku@Tarn

IC: Impressionable and Wayward (Tobduk-Koro, Forge of Vakama) - Heated Discussion

"He must be found and questioned at once. Is he not still in Kini-Koro?"

"Is Kini-Koro not still under attack? This is ABSURD. We have no real, tangible evidence, no reliable eyewitness reports! What does it matter what disgusting breed of organic life he is?! Our priority must be the extermination of these monstrosities attacking our borders! The creature that poisoned the populace of Kini-Koro may still be alive!"

@Harvali

Edited by Toru Nui
Added formatting.

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning, Mind Reading and Quick Healing

Location - Outside the Fire Ruins

With - Whira

The four oversized Rhotuka flew towards the field of shadow hidden in the trees. The first one clipped a particularly large charcoal tree, turning it to dust. But it also sent the Rhotuka off course, where it threw up a spray of ash and water as it dug into the ground before dissipating.

The second one entered Whira’s field of shadows and struck the side of the Cube, dispersed along the protosteel side with a burst of energy and a loud crack of sound.

The third one entered Asperity’s gravity well and was thrown off course, tumbling into the Cube’s interior and causing the Nui-Rama’s collected pile of parts to be thrown around, making the organized mess inside more of an actual mess.

The fourth one also entered the shadowed gravity well. It cut through the air with force, its altered course sending it spinning right into Voracious. As it struck, he opened his mouth to cry out in pain but found that no noise emerged.

Then they were inside the Cube, sliding along the floor due to their momentum and the return to normal gravity. Cravious, still full of anger, sprung to his feet as soon as he could, as did all others except for Voracious. He quickly got the garage lamp to start lifting up and then called out more orders with harsh clarity, "Clash, drive! Sagacious, engines. Asperity, with me. Voracious, man the Cordak."

Except for Voracious, who slowly rose to his feet, body sore after the impact of the Rhotuka, everyone else sprung into action. Clash ran to the controls, turning up the Cube’s engine, which had been idling this entire time. A low hum filled the air and the whole vehicle lurched as it began to trod through the ashen landscape, fueled by the element of Lightning. Lightning, which Sagacious now sent a surge of into the reserves of the vehicle as she grabbed a handle designed to allow someone to channel their element through it. Off to her right, she flipped up the casings on several switches and switched each one in succession, lights above them turning from green to red. Once finished, the Cube started vibrating as it picked up even more speed. If it ran for too long like this, it would cause damage, but that didn’t really matter right now.

Asperity picked up large, metallic boxes and pushed them towards the walls, making them float along the way. As she did so, Cravious ran wires from all of them. He didn’t care what type, he grabbed whatever was lying around. Wiring for engines, wiring for weapons, wiring for bodies; it didn’t matter, with the Improbable Machine running as he hooked everything up, things somehow worked out, just like they always did. He wound all the wires together at one end to an elemental handle. That was part one. Time for part two.

Cravious rushed for a large propulsion engine that was recently completed but not installed. Beside it sat its twin, only in partial completion. He had wanted to test it first, but it seemed like that wasn’t an option.

Asperity! Engine, access hatch, now!” He popped up a small panel in the floor and pulled the yellow handle found inside. With a grind of protosteel gears and a rush of sound as the internal workings were revealed, in the middle of the Cube two matching doors opened up in the floor. Inside was a sea of rotating gears, sliding pistons, and large, clear tubes that had what looked like lightning coursing through them. None of it looked like it should have allowed any vehicle to move, let alone be able to swap from treads to legs.

Voracious stopped halfway from getting up as pain flowed through him. So he settled down onto the floor, letting himself fall into hibernation. The pain had to stop. Then he could worry about living.

Clash flicked through the camera settings. Normal vision was entirely black. Night vision wasn’t any better. He couldn’t get them to safety if he couldn’t see where he was going! He smacked the desk the console was on with a shaky hand in frustration and fear of messing up and getting them all killed. He turned the knob again. Okay, thermal vision seemed to work. It wasn’t the easiest to wrap his head around in his current panicked state, but it allowed him to at least point them away from the ziggurat and the Zivon.

From the outside, it seemed as if a large shadow was moving through the many dead trees. It was hard to notice it when viewed directly, but when seen from the sides, one could tell there was movement happening and that something was amiss. The ash and the unique electricity based engines kept the vehicle very quiet compared to the gas guzzling and fume belching ACRs that most Skakdi raiders drove. The shadow was quickly moving away from the Zivon that sat perched on what remained of the Fire Ruins.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @~Xemnas~

Formatting.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Onaku said:

Grant me vengeance." Even as it crumbled away, how ever, the Toa stood tall over the Mesi that surrounded him, his eyeless face looking at no one but his head held high. "And my soul is yours."

Before the Mesi, he stood, mangled and charred, closer to death than life yet refusing to buckle from the effort of holding himself up.

"Otherwise just kill me."

IC: Spiriah and Mesi | Spiriah's Labyrinth, above ground

The closest mesi warriors all nodded and shifted closer as Arkius laid out his demands. They seemed hungry. Arkius saw his wounded reflection in the moonlight glittering across the blind eyes of those who still had them. He looked all the more a proud warrior in his misery.

"Vengeance will be done, of that you have my word," said the voice of Spiriah through the mouthpieces of the surrounding mesi. From the shadows between them formed a darkened being that shifted and twisted until it became oddly toa-like in appearance. It stepped forwards through the ring of mesi, passing around them like mist. Those the shade touch shivered and wailed in both horror and elation. Spiriah was among them.

"Hello," said the physical being made of ephemeral night. Then the shadows plunged into Arkius' chest and withdrew his heartlight. For a moment all hung in the balance, and the life gem of the toa glittered and slowly beat twice. Then Spiriah dropped it on the ground and vanished with one final word;

"Goodbye."

OOC: @Onaku, taking the invitation, Arkius has been killed. If you wish, please feel free to make one final death post.

• Like 3

Happy chat.

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Taku Exterior and Kini-Nui:

Loading Kini-Nui.jpg

Recording Taku.jpg for future reference.

Preparations complete.

The mechanical enforcer placed a hand on its psionic ally’s arm. Grip secured, it spoke the command word. “Teleport.”

As had earlier been the case with Skyra, the ground beneath the duo’s feet shifted beneath their stationary forms. The cold iron grip of the robotic NUVA kept the duo connected for the instant that was required. Before any of the sudden sensations had time to take root, they had arrived.

Due to the machine not having time to actually visit Kini-Koro itself, the duo instead found themselves near the center of the temple of Kini-Nui. Despite the late hour the temple was abundant with activity. In the center area two beings conversed: one a tall shadowy creature, the other a matoran that seemed to be having trouble existing. In the distance one of the NUVA bunkers had been recently opened, with one figure entering while some sort of corpse watched. Next to the newly arrived duo was a camouflaged lesterin crouching in the grass.

Greetings citizen,” said the machine to the lesterin before looking around for any sign of Jutori.

OOC: @Snelly@Tarn@BULiK

• Like 3

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC:  Skyra Daring - The Taku (Ramp) -

Skyra waved at Kilo and Vashni as they teleported away, before heading back inside the Taku. "Maybe I'll go pester bossman now, since he's somehow the only person I haven't talked to. YO BOSSMAN!" Skyra yelled through the ship as she made her way to the bridge. 

@BULiK

IC: Vashni - Kini-nui -

"Woah!" Vashni wasn't used to teleporting at all and the sensation of suddenly being somewhere else was extremely disorienting. She took a second to get her bearings as she looked around Kini-nui, and everyone around as well. "That will take some getting used to..." 

@Tarn @pokemonlover360 

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Niidak (Ko-Pou/The Taku)

It took a while, but Niidak had finished installing the new engines, stocking them with disks and fixing the main engine on the upper deck. She sighed and stretched her ailing muscles. In a way, she found it amusing how she was doing such mundane and laborious tasks. Not long ago, she could’ve earned a living without lifting a claw. And gained actual currency, too, instead of being paid in provisions and spare parts. But her life had changed, and all she could do about it now was chuckle to herself sardonically.

Odour of food entered her nostrils, and she suddenly realized how hungry she was. Not only had she spent her energy reserves on work, but it had also been a long time since she had consumed any energy. It was time to enjoy the fruits of her labour, literally. 

She went to the dinner table and sat down as her Le-Matoran ”boss” came up the stairs. ”I fixed the engines” she said to him and pointed at the main engine behind her. ”Feel free to check them anytime if you want. I’ve earned myself a meal that I don’t have to pay for, and I assume it’s being delivered upstairs.”

The Matoran was followed by many others, who were most likely refugees from the newly formed and slowly sinking island. Some of them were familiar faces, yet she only glanced at them briefly as her hungry reptilian eyes instead focused on the food that was being brought.

@BULiK and all the people coming to dine

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
  • Like 3

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Kas | Mi-Kiri, Elemental Temple of Light

“I don’t think,” Kas began to say as his finger slipped onto the trigger, but the toa of fire fell asleep before firing a shot. Sorilax’s taboo transported Kas’ consciousness straight into dreamland, and with a heavy thud and a splash the toa’s body hit the floor.

“Careful! Killing here is tantamount to suicide,” shouted the synthetic voice of the Administrator through the Kanohi Ignika, but only Mahrika, One and Two heard the AI’s warning. Sorilax was gone.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @Harvali

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini-Nui, Kaita ACR Bunker

Viltia brought herself through the mists and the golden ichor towards her destiny. The ancient machine was shackled to the ground by thick metal bands. It was interred kneeling, and the machine seemed tense as if moment’s before it had been pulling against its restraints. In the back between the shoulder blades of the ACR was an open hatch.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @Smudge8

• Like 3

Happy chat.

IC: Triage - The Taku

"You," Triage said, pointing at the Vortixx at the table and tilting his head. "I recognize you. We met on the way to Ko-Pou--you needed gas."

Realizing it might have been coming off as accusatory, he lowered his hand and sat adjacent to Niidak, satchel resting in his lamp and held tightly to himself. "I didn't think I'd see you on my ship."

IC: Rose (MC) - Also The Taku

Rose stretched and followed Skyra. "I bet he's napping or something."

IC: Jutori - Kini-Koro

The temple seemed busier than it should have been at this hour as Jutori got closer. He blinked and, mid-step, witnessed an empty space be filled by a large robot enforcer and the silhouette of another Toa. Jutori focused his optics in the dark and felt his heartlight leap at the realization it was Kilo and Vashni, in what seemed a fantastic coincidence.

He quickened his pace towards them, waving his free arm.

@BULiK@Snelly@Onaku@pokemonlover360@Daniel the Finlander

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Location - Beyond the Server Entrance

With - Mahrika, Bellicus Kastus, Two

Kas came to holding a cup in his hands, a being made entirely of constantly fractal-ing golden light pouring it up to full. The being set aside the glass jug of water and sat down at the small stone table next to Kas. Wooden plates with a few utensils were there, along with a bowl of fruit to serve from. Kas’ weapons were gone. As were his injuries.

They were inside a temple. One from the Kumu Islets, based on the basalt and obsidian used as building materials for the large structure. The walls had murals of life across the island. A Mahi on a boulder eating a tuft of grass. A Shallows Cat peeking through reeds. A Nui-Rama racing through a canopy, optics infuriated. Each one seemed almost alive, like they were snapshots in your mind of something that you had just seen happen.

They were at a third story balcony overlooking a lush forest below, full of vivid greens and browns that sparkled like jewels. Insects could be heard buzzing, going to and fro. Rahi scampered through the underbrush as momentary flashes of color. The sun shone in from above through several skylights, lighting up the inside far more than it should have. An overall feeling of peace resonated through the space. Everything just felt so alive and full of hope. It seemed like it was a perfect summer day.

The golden being of light sighed, staring off at the life below but finding no enjoyment in it. The patterns of his golden fractals were mesmerizing. He turned to Kas, “I wish I could say that I regret what is about to come next, but it is entirely justified based upon the morals that I believe. You have given up your right to your life by actively threatening to take another’s with a show of force. If I allow things to continue as they are, casualties are likely, and I cannot let that be. What comes next is part of the sad state of this universe. But it is necessary. Farewell, Toa of death.

Kas knew that voice. The golden, Toa-like being was Sorilax.

=---------=

As soon as both Sorilax and Kas fell asleep from the Rite of Repose, Two swiftly moved forward with the grace of a Muaka deep in the jungle pouncing on its prey. He wasted no time, nor any movements. He would obey his father with absolute severity and with haste. He questioned nothing. He understood the danger this newcomer presented and he knew he needed to protect both his father and the one called Mahrika.

His staff swung down at Kas’ head behind the mask, its sharp blade popping and crackling with explosive Fragmentation that was begging to be released as he powered it up. Once it met Kas’ head, there would be no holding back. It was aiming to be a killing blow in one strike. There was no need to cause suffering.

Life filled him, it moved him. He could feel it in the air as his body passed through the medium. It touched every fiber of his being. It was almost visible, so dense it was. And then the Administrator spoke, as if directly to him.

Two paused, inches from killing the Toa. His father had ordered him to mete out justice upon the interloper, but Two felt the surge of Life in the air, the way it clogged his senses and gave him energy. Kas could very well just not die from any blows he received. And if they were not ready for that to happen, then that might end up leading to the deaths of the others in the room at some point in the future.

Suddenly Two’s iron will was the thing that shattered. What should he do? What was best? He had to obey his father, but not obeying might help keep his father alive.

Two had to act quickly. And he had to act without being able to ask his father what to do. Two looked behind him to Mahrika’s small form. As he gazed upon her kind optics, his determination returned and he realized that justice could still be applied. He turned back to Kas, putting away his staff. He went to grab the firework shotgun from where it landed after Kas fell asleep and attempted to strip the Toa of Fire of all the ammunition he could find.

Then Two leaned in close to Kas’ mask, inches away once more. He hissed angrily at the would-be murderer. Cursing the red being for causing him to doubt his father’s instruction; yelling at him for the pain he would have inflicted on those in the room. But Two was still able to obey his father’s command. Justice would be meted out.

Two took away the Toa’s life…

...by opening up his spine and moving to Illuminate Kas’ Kanohi.

Kas’ life was no longer his own. He had given it up with his foul intentions. And now he was about to be bound to another.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Harvali

IC: Forgemaster Viltia NUVA - Toa NUVA of the Green

Location - Kini-Nui, Opened Bunker

Viltia put a hand on the machine and spoke with a soothing voice, “Don’t worry, trapped stars. I’ll at least get you out of here.” She climbed up the machine, the maneuver made easy after spending a month doing the same thing on Sidra’s mech whenever she wanted to get away and practice her Time Duplication Kanohi.

Once she reached the shoulder blades, she eased herself down inside the open hatch.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

Needed to change some wording.
  • Like 2

IC: Opal - Ash Barrens

The Zivon lost all interest in her prey the instant the new entity stomped into earshot. She turned her head, beady eyes reviewing the arrival. It was big - still not as large as her, but big enough to pose a genuine threat - and she saw no kinship in the creature. This wasn't one of Irnakk's creations. 

It was an intruder in her territory, and it had to be disposed of. 

With a bellowing battle cry, the creature unleashed something towards Opal, a whirling disk not dissimilar to her own rhotuka. She raised one of her claws - a chunk of rubble still packed between her pincers - barely managing to raise it with time enough to ensure the projectile struck the ancient rock. The strange blade sheared into the debris, showering Opal with sizzling fragments of suddenly-superheated stone.

She recoiled, and prepared to retreat... only to find herself unable to leave. Something was impairing her ability to cross back into her own plane. 

Mandibles clacking together in irritation, she drew back her claw and clumsily flung both rubble and chakram back towards her attacker. 

@~Xemnas~ @Kal the Guardian

• Like 2