Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Rose (MC) - The Taku (Bridge)

Skyra was off quick, before Rose could even get in much of a goodbye. She remembered the slabs they were supposed to be guarding. Walking over to them, her curiosity got the better of her. "What are these even supposed to be?" she asked aloud, reaching out to touch the top one. It reacted and moved up her arm like it was alive, before spreading to the rest of her body and created a second skin of armor. The large Toa of Fire stumbled back in surprise. "Woah."

This was far more advanced than the heavy, difficult to maneuver mech armor she'd worn before. This was like wearing nothing at all.

She grabbed the rest of them and ran out of the bridge, finding Skyra with those she was presumably about to leave with. "Sky! Take one of these with you," Rose said, not noticing the slight changes her armor was making to adjust to being inside the ship, becoming slightly more aerodynamic. "Trust me."

@pokemonlover360@Snelly

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Skyra Daring - The Taku (Bridge) -

"Ah." In all the excitement she had forgotten about those things that Knichou made, she grabbed one and it wrapped around her whole body, creating practically another skin. Her jetpack fell off her back and onto the floor as this happened. 

"Hot ####, this is tight." She flexed her arms and legs, the adaptive armor felt practically weightless. "Bossman knows how to craft good gear." 

@Tarn @pokemonlover360

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

1 hour ago, Vezok's Friend said:

IC [Scarrow - Irnakk’s Tooth, Beyond the Veil]

Then, another pair of claws emerged behind the staggering Zivon in order to yank her back into the nightmare realm. Scarrow didn’t know why they’d done that. They were territorial loner apex predators, only held in check by the people they were bound to in the tooth. So it was no surprise that Scarrow was unable to recognize the lingering loyalty to the other Zivon as a remnant of their past life. They just knew they had to help - this time.

IC: Opal - The Nightmare Realm

For a moment, Opal thought she was dead. 

But everything still hurt far too much for that to be true.

She turned her head, blinked her hazy eyes, and found herself staring into the face of another Zivon. There was a flicker of familiarity in its features, something she'd lost but longed to recover, but trying to think about it only made the excruciating pain in her head all the worse. Had this other Zivon... saved her? Or did it simply want to kill her itself?

Chittering weakly, she lowered her claws to the ground and bowed her head, expressing both submission and gratitude to her unexpected saviour. 

@Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Taku Interior:

The machine regarded Vashni for a moment with unfeeling eyes before stating, “Acceptable. This unit will delegate dealing with Barraki Ehlek to Allies. Please ensure that he is dealt with permanently.” Turning to the prospective NUVA and Proxima, it continued, “This unit has calculated the likely location of the water temple. Direct teleportation is impossible, so travel will be done using Patiwairutiki. Proper introductions can be performed during transit.” The machine grabbed both Jutori and Skyra before turning back to Vashni.

Good luck, Ally Vashni. Teleport.” Then the trio was gone.

They emerged into the open cockpit of Patiwairutiki. The robotic NUVA quickly set about reactivating the mech, whose eyes immediately lit up as it exited stasis. Standing once more, the area around the Kaita ACR was now covered in a shallow layer of water as the disappearing landmass affected the tides. With a wordless exchange of commands, the titanic mecha strode forwards, arcing south of Kini-Nui before trending northeast, towards the coast. All the while the mechanical pilot within studied the night sky above, taking note of particular clusters of stars. Using the right landmarks and a clear reference image, it might be possible to teleport up there...

OOC: @Tarn@Snelly

• Like 2

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Jutori - The Taku/Patiwairutiki Cockpit

"Pati-wha-"

Before his question could be finished or answered, Jutori was teleported away again by Kilo, his surroundings changing from the inside of the Taku to the inside of what appeared to be a giant robot. "So this is what you've been up to," Jutori said to the Kralhi, peering over the side of the open cockpit. "Is this a perk of being NUVA?"

@pokemonlover360@Snelly

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Skyra Daring - The Taku/Patiwairutiki Cockpit -

Skyra had nabbed the remaining two adaptive armors just as Kilo teleported them to the Patiwairutiki, she figured they could put them on later. She was already feeling at home being inside the Kaita ACR, it was hard to believe she'd be getting her own very soon. 

"Yeah, after I become NUVA I'll be able to acquire one of these babies as well." 

@Tarn @pokemonlover360

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Patiwairutiki, south of Kini-Nui:

Registering space_01.jpg, space_02.jpg, and space_03.jpg.

Downloading existing records of “Zivon” from Patiwairutiki’s data storage.

Each NUVA is able to unlock a bunker at Kini-Nui containing a Kaita ACR,” the machine explained. “These machines contain the spirit of a kaita which this unit theorizes enables the mechs to harm riteborn. By extrapolation, a normal kaita may also be able to harm riteborn without the use of a mech. This unit has not been able to test this theory as there are no other kralhi units that this unit is aware of. Data that this unit obtained during transformation indicates NUVA may be able to form kaita despite species differences.” Patiwairutiki’s large steps carried the trio around the crater containing Kini-Nui, with the metallic pilot taking care to not stray too close to the city. Whatever was happening there could wait until later.

Each Kaita ACR can use up to three pilots, with the mech being able to utilize the abilities of all three pilots, similar to normal kaita,” the machine continued. “For example, Ally Jutoris gravity abilities could be used alongside Ally Skyra’s air powers. Copilots are also mentally linked.”

• Like 3

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

IC: Jutori - Patiwairutiki Cockpit

"Interesting..."

Jutori suddenly looked concerned. He was friends with a Toa of Psionics and knew it was hard to hide things from them. The Ba-Toa tried to clear his thoughts for a moment. "Mentally linked? You can't read my mind right now, can you, Kilo?"

@pokemonlover360@Snelly

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Irnakk, Great Spirit of Nightmares | Irnakk's Tooth

“You got nothing?”

A voice spoke with vile hatred throughout the volcano, and Cravious realized he’d made a terrible mistake. The business transaction he’d been about to start was already off on the wrong foot.

“You got nothing?” The voice repeated with a rumbling shout. The smoke shifted and rippled, and then he was there: Irnakk, the nightmare god. His body was made of the slain skakdi tossed into his fiery maw, and his eyes were lit with the nightmares of those who before they woke. His legs were like the thickest tree trunks, and the Great Spirit’s form stomped across the broken shelf of rock that Cravious, Whira, and Voracious stood upon until he came perilously close. 

“You got the greatest gift imaginable,” replied Irnakk as he bore down upon Cravious. He continued; “Your life was a gift, and you have made it very clear you wish to return it.”

OOC: this is a deadly encounter, you have the opportunity to change the Great Spirit’s mind @Kal the Guardian and @~Xemnas~

• Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning, Mind Reading and Quick Healing

Location - Irnakk’s Tooth

With - Whira, Irnakk

Cravious turned to see the Great Spirit manifest into physical form. At this point, his anger only surged, blinding him to the danger and horrible fact that this wasn’t another induced nightmare. Cravious sneered and shouted back, “My life is no gift. It’s something I earn every day. You’re just like me. You take what’s already there and you make it your own all for your own benefit.” Cravious pointed an accusatory finger at the Great Spirit and only then did he realize it was solid and not warping around.

His nightmare had ceased. This was real.

Cravious took an unconscious step back, nightmare suddenly re-emerging, yet Irnakk unchanging. He swallowed hard and slowly got on his seemingly warping knees. He tried to salvage what had surely been his death sentence, anger fleeing from his body like Stone Rats from a sinking ship, “Which is why I am proud to be able to follow in your footsteps. To warp this world into submission. Voracious is yours, given back to you. We avoided the volcano while Yumiwak sacrificed so as not to disturb any offers given to you. We left a Zivon to its work. We looked on as a glorious Tahtorak headed north.

I’m just hoping to be able to experience the joy of being filled with your hidden knowledge as Whira is. Please, most gracious god of nightmares. You can see my mind. You know I am filled with a fresh and unending nightmare, as I hope makes you proud.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @~Xemnas~

• Like 3

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC, Atamai: Ruins of Fire

Atamai looked in disbelief as the Zivon vanished before his eyes. How was it not dead, and how did it escape?! he thought to himself.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Vezok's Friend

IC, Whira: Irnakk's Tooth

Whira looked in awe and horror as Irnakk, the Great Spirit of Nightmares, manifested himself through Voracious's body. She knelt before him silently. 

Cravious, you fool, what are you playing at? she thought to herself. Even she knew better than to anger a Great Spirit, especially one that had manifested itself in her plane of existence.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

IC

Fatum Iustum Stultorum

The Tahtorak of Hatred stood before the gates of the Skakdi stronghold, and declared his judgement of the camp and its citizens with a roar of reverberating rage.  

The bulwarks of Fort Nektann – fortified by generations of conquerors and commanders to withstand any elemental assault or vehicular artillery – were no obstacle to the power of nature itself, nor the creature who commanded it. Roiling roots dislodged the foundations from below, while vicious vines forced their way over and between the mismatched panels of metal, their combined efforts wrenching the battered barricades to bits. The plants were blind in their belligerence and brutality, making no distinction between the weathered walls and the Skakdi sentries who stood upon them. The scattered scrap that remained was squashed into the sands as Marrow’s strides swallowed them, grasses and greenery filling in his footprints as swiftly as he stepped away.

A similar fate befell the clustered huts and storage sheds that lay beyond the wall, with the structures, occupants, and contents alike being rent to ruin by the trees that grew up from beneath them, skewering and splintering them apart.

By this point, the remaining residents had become well and truly aware of Marrow’s presence, abandoning their meals and merriment to begin spilling out of the Fort itself. Despite the dim conditions, the lights the minuscule figures carried, the muzzle-flashes of their weapons, and the brilliant brightness of their elemental blasts, illuminated them enough for Marrow to discern the snarling smiles and skewed spines that marked them as Skakdi.

He felt the harrowing hate race through his veins at the sight of them, warm and welcome.  

There were fewer than he’d expected, their numbers now less than twenty. Drukarus had left the Fort desperately defenceless by sending his best troops out into the disintegrating desert to gather for an attack that would never take place, and dragging another cohort off to accompany him on his mission to meet with the Riggers. Those that had remained behind were demoralised from watching their world being unmade around them, and drained from devoting their entire day to the discipline and drills that Drukarus had demanded.

They were tired and leaderless, and none of them stood a chance.

But to their credit, that didn’t stop them from trying.

The pitiful pinpricks of their powers and projectiles tickled Marrow’s chest and chin as he stormed towards where they stood, his arm swinging out to shred their position asunder with a single, savage slash. The blow took most of the Fort’s front wall with it, and the debris cascaded down on the remaining Skakdi like slate-grey hailstones. Those who were still standing after the onslaught had time enough to bear witness to the writhing wave of gnarled greenery rising up at Marrow’s back before it crashed over the fortress like a vile tide.

Millennia of growth occurred in minutes as the Fort was relentlessly dislodged and disassembled by the twisted trees summoned by the Tahtorak, and the tempestuous tearing of his claws. He ripped away stone and wood and glass and metal, delving ever deeper through the Fortress and its foundation. He dug desperately, struck savagely, but no matter how much blood and mud and rubble he scraped through, he felt no closer to finding something to give meaning to it all, to grasping the understanding he sought. The hatred didn’t abate. The answers didn’t come. He didn’t know why he was here. He didn’t know why he hated them. 

Long after the Fortress had fallen and the few surviving war rigs had limped away into the night, long after the last bricks had been ground to powder and the last shreds of metal had been buried beneath a dozen feet of foliage and fury, Marrow continued to burrow and break, demolish and destroy, ravage and rage, sob and suffer. His rage felt pointless. His victory felt bitter. But the hate was all he had, and so he clung to it.

At long last, he fell still in the foothills of the forest he’d formed around him, and drifted into a drained, desolate dream. He was alone, adrift, left only with a legacy of fallen friends and forgotten failures, dead dreams and desolated desires, abandoned ambition and agonising anguish, lost loves and lingering loneliness.

And in that misery he remained, until the warmth of morning found him. 

• Like 4

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

12 hours ago, pokemonlover360 said:

IC Ysocla - Exterior of Irnakk's Tooth:

Ysocla rode hard and fast around the volcano towards what must have been one of the zivon she had created. The mental connection suddenly became filled with so much pain that the engineer had to stop moving to recover. That turned out to be a good idea as the ground immediately rumbled from the force of yet another eruption from the nearby peak. Ysocla squinted through the clouds of ash and smoke to get a better view of the emerging twin dragons. One predominately, one partially red, both clearly hated one another. Her heart realized their former identities shortly before her brain did, but she was still not prepared for the new knowledge.

Part of her immediately jumped to the conclusion that it was Zataka’s doing, that the titan had somehow surprised the others and cast them into the pit. It was a sad idea, but a calming one. The rational side of her swiftly took over and presented a far more probable scenario. Despite the heat from the volcano, a chill ran through her spine as she watched her former friends claw at each other in the sky. Turning her bike around, she began riding back towards the Panda. Ysocla had not grown up a sailor, she was more a mechanic by trade, but you didn’t need to spend much time to learn the vocabulary appropriate for this sort of situation.

Ysocla swore. An increasingly vulgar string of obscenities fell from her mouth as she rode onwards.

IC Yumiwak | Panda, Irnakk's Tooth

The cremate on the deck of my wondership was growing antsy, I could tell that by the way he fidgeted with his bos'n whistle and glanced at the rigging constantly. He was uncomfortable waiting any longer, worried that Ysocla was not going to make it back before we caught fire or worse. Finally, he spoke up and I was glad he did. "Miss Yumi, engineer Ysocla should have been back by now, the ash storm is getting too—"

"No," I cut off the sailor. "Not another word about it. I am aware of the risks in starting grounded. As of right now Ysocla is now the first officer and I will not leave my crew behind. So never say another insinuation of the act again." I left it at that. He waddled off, still anxious but now anxious away from me, and I kept peering through my telescūpe scanning for signs of my engineer's return. 

[Korio.]

[Zai.]

[Take your firestorms elsewhere.  Find Marrow. And then... ]

I looked at the cursed godhead in the distance with contempt and winked. 

On 6/4/2021 at 11:31 AM, Toru Nui said:

IC: Tekmo, Waveahk and Ostrox (Fau Swamp, The Ambling Alp, Exterior) - The Gang's Back Together

[Ostrox and Tekmo and Waveahk talked.]

"Ignore him. I have to." Tekmo said.

12 hours ago, Void Emissary said:

IC: Parnassus | The Fau Swamps

"Ostrox, let's save the rough-housing for later, can we?" Parnassus said. [...] "Leklo, shall we continue our flight?"

IC Leklo | Alp, Kumu

"Well since Waveahk is obviously choosing to ignore my question about the bloody island disappearing," the NUVA said with eyes of icicles at the mutated Steltian, and then suddenly his tone tuned chipper and nonplussed, albeit in an ironic sort of fashion "... I suppose so and the mystery shall continue as we will. :D "

He hopped back into the pilot's seat and punched the throttle. The airship managed the sudden liftoff and acceleration remarkably smoothly, much to everyone's surprise even though they veritably leaped off the ground. "Tell me where to land... Parnassus."

• Like 2

IC: Knichou, Elemental Temple Ruins of Ice

Knichou crossed his arms and watched with a massive smile on his face as Nale demonstrated just how limber adaptive armor could be. If anyone else had been swinging a weapon around, he might have had concern, but her movements were reassuring instead of something to watch out for.

"Feels like a new me, almost. Haven't felt like this, since..."

Since...? Something we did? ;)

Or... something she did long ago? :notsure:

"We'll have more room to test it out when we leave. I do feel a bit rusty, maybe some training is in order before we link up with Aurax."

"Feeling rusty? I can help with that," Knichou joked with a smirk. He put a reassuring hand on her shoulder, with his other arm extending outwards from them in a sweeping wave, as if to prompt her imagination. "Nale, when we're done with this, we'll be flying to Aurax ourselves. How's that for training?"

IC: Berys, Ko-Pou, The Taku, Bridge

Berys raised an index finger and opened his mouth to protest the two toa running off, but Rose's sudden transformation left him stunned. By the time he found words, they were gone. He shrugged, rotated his seat to face the dashboard again, and continued his work.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC Jam | Uhuraz' Plane

Oh.”

That explained a lot.

Whisper had spent her entire brief existence in this cycle trying to find purpose, trying to make sense of what she was and what she was meant to do with her existence… and now she knew. She’d already done it. She’d already been and become everything she was supposed to be. Or close enough to it that her current cycle felt superfluous by comparison.

But now that she knew, she wasn’t going to stand idly by and allow herself to be destroyed.

And before the eyes of all in the room, Whisper simply vanished, the electric bug, her kraata, and rahkshi staff all tumbling to the ground as her floating shell disappeared in a furtive flicker of silver. 

Inside the subconscious of the electric bug, Whisper drifted. She’d controlled plenty of insects in her time, but to merge with one like this, to bear witness to its strange perspective and austere thoughts, was a truly humbling experience.

She’d been lying when she’d told Viltia that she wanted this taboo so she could experience life, but now that she  was  experiencing it, she saw the truth in her own attempt at deception. To feel cold stone under her tiny feet, to see the bewildering beauty of the world through compound eyes, to sense vibrations and surfaces around her with the insect’s antennae… it was beyond beautiful.

And she wasn’t going to give it up for a few old fools still stuck in the past.

Silver tendrils whipped forth from the carapace of the electric bug, tethering to Whisper’s kraata and seizing the fallen staff. The comical clump of colour wriggled on the floor, then turned all six of its pairs of eyes towards the docent to unleash beams of level three laser vision at him.

The docent yelped in surprise and jumped back from Whisper's sudden attack at him, but despite his reaction his eyes did not reveal the slightest bit of shock. He knew this was coming—or rather, he expected it. It was only natural he would be targeted right away by Whisper, after all. The docent could smell the ozone in the air as the laser cut through with severe intensity and dove to the floor, but even still the laser followed after him. Just as it almost caught him and sliced the matoran in twain, shards of iron and steel flew to the docent's aid and encrusted him with an armor of metal, deflecting the attacks and shielding him from harm for the moment. 

Velox struck next, aiming his Rahkshi staff in Whisper's direction and letting loose a volley of electricity. Arc upon arc of bright blue energy that did not care how small or large the Aspect was cascaded upon her. 

Jural readied his weapon and began to concentrate on Korruhn, intending to employ his kanohi to grab hold of the Void-touched toa.

With her Staff of Mind Reading offering her an awareness of Velox's intentions before he'd loosed the first arc of lightning, the amalgamation that was Whisper was ready. A stasis field flickered into place around her merged forms, rendering her immobile but protecting her from harm.

Once the bolts stopped coming, she dropped the field and retaliated with another volley of laser beams, this time aimed at Velox.

Korruhn knew something was off; or at least he felt it. Or, perhaps, it was not more than the sense of impending doom he got in every temple; for even the emptiest ones were still fraught with danger. Looking now at the two Toa across the auditorium, between the armour suit, prepping to attack Korruhn and co; he realized he preferred temples where everyone was dead.

The low light of the room, still illuminated by a solitary central lamp on the "stage", would work greatly to Korruhn's advantage. He could see clear as day through the veil of night. He drew on the power of the darkness around him, imbibing himself with it's energy. Without his Calix, his strategy would have to change.

The Void-Touched channeled the dark energy, and forced it from his body in a pulsating burst for two-fold effect: The burst of energy, pure shadow, was utter darkness, temporarily veiling Korruhn's movement, as well as casting forth a damaging wave. Driving his spear into the ground in from of him, Korruhn leapt on the spear, using it's length and rigidity to propel him as close to the stage and the armour as he could get.

The docent, for that was all he had revealed himself to be so far, did not have to struggle long after Whisper's attentions were diverted and came to his footing swiftly. His eyes darted around the room with quick shrewdness and assessed the situation in an instant. He could tell that Korruhn the Void-touched toa was up to something--it was inevitable, he was angry, tainted, and eager to test abilities he hadn't had the opportunity to really run through the rigors with. The docent Matoran knew that feeling well; it was one he'd been holding in his heart for a very long time.

By the time Korruhn broke through Jural's initial concentration the docent was prepared for something vile and pernicious, and out of uncanny readiness he held his hand up in a saintly gesture and countered Korruhn's black powers with his own. Korruhn's Shadow energies were abruptly swallowed up as if spontaneously sapped by some sponge, leaving him mid-traverse in the air without his cloaking or the destructive wave that all but dissipated at the docent's command. Korruhn's metal spear was affected and clattered to the ground in an intentional fashion, oddly dragging itself rapidly closer to the docent before coming to a stop at the steps. 

"Not so fast," he said. He looked afraid, but frighteningly intelligent with wide eyes eager for victory and nervous about losing. This was what he had been preparing to have happen. This would be the end of his imprisonment and these paltry sacrifices were the fuel for his self-idolatrous pyre. "You haven't the skill to overcome me, cursed one."

Stannis glowered knowingly with a smirk hidden behind his hood as he appreciated the irony of the Builder's greatest kingly Aspect of Makuta being in the guise of the Matoran Takua. "Uhuraz," he muttered to himself and readied his staff for battle.

@Gecko Greavesy @Crimson Jester 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 1

IC: Parnassus | The Ambling Alp

The ship flew for a short while -- perhaps a quarter of an hour -- before the Aspect leaned forward to peer more closely through the windshield.

"There," Parnassus said, pointing down. "Do you see that green pool? Land as close as you can get."

OOC: @Toru Nui @Keeper of Kraata @EmperorWhenua @TL01 NUVA

-Void

• Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Niidak (Ko-Pou, The Taku)

Niidak was about to put another spoonful in her mouth when Triage asked a question. Her hand stopped as she thought of her past and how perfect everything had been.

"I miss my former life more than I miss Xia," she said, sighed deeply and finally absorbed the soup on her spoon. "But I suppose we should all learn to let go of the past. We're probably stuck on this sinking island until the end."

@Tarn

• Like 2

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Jutori - Patiwairutiki Cockpit

"Don't be weird."

@pokemonlover360@Snelly

IC: Nale Vella - Elemental Ruins of Ice

Nale chuckled. "Then I guess that'll make me flygirl.

She placed a hand over Knichou's and, with the other, gestured to the end of the hall. "Well, you came here for a reason. Let's get on with it."

@BULiK

IC: Triage - The Taku

"Of course," Triage replied. "I'm a realist. I let go of it a long time ago. Metru Nui, Xia, all those places...they're gone. That's just the truth."

The medic shrugged, deciding he'd been going without eating long enough (and having been apart of a Kaita was hard work, after all). He took a bowl and some stew. "But that doesn't mean you can't miss things. A place, a feeling, a person. Even realists have nostalgia."

@Daniel the Finlander

IC: Korio, Kanohi Dragon of Loyalty - Irnakk's Tooth

Korio's existence was unhindered as he continued to fly near the Panda. The area around him was still engulfed in his fire. Something changed, however--where he once felt somewhat lethargic, and as if invisible walls kept him from leaving the Tooth, he now felt far more free. Korio sensed that, deep down in the volcano, something was happening.

15 hours ago, EmperorWhenua said:

[Korio.]

[Zai.]

[Take your firestorms elsewhere.  Find Marrow. And then... ]

I looked at the cursed godhead in the distance with contempt and winked. 

The Kanohi Dragon turned to the airship below, his princess aboard it, and roared in response. As if he was answering. With a final spin around the volcano, he was off in search of Marrow. The name was familiar--had he known him? Yes, of course, he must have been like him. A new beast. A trail of overgrown vegetation and large footprints leading from Irnakk's Tooth guided Korio as he flew.

@EmperorWhenua

OOC: Just to mention it: Vilitia's prior actions were retracted, so Korio is no longer in combat.

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Hahvok - Za and Ja Krana of Ice

Location - Far Shore

Hahvok found himself in a simple teal tiled room. The tile was grimy and scuffed with what had to be the passing of thousands of beings or perhaps thousands of years of neglect. Hahvok felt the cold his body gave off intensify and his shields felt empowered in his grip as he arrived. But the room itself was warm. Waist high counters had plants growing underneath small glass domes. Red bulbs were above each plant, providing even more warmth. The plants were spindly, like twigs, or perhaps like roots. Hahvok couldn’t tell if they were long dead remains, or some hardy plant that had somehow survived without care.

Zal stayed atop himself and looked around inquisitively. He noticed by a door one of the domes was broken open, the light above it shattered. Dirt was all over the countertop. Hahvok walked over to it.

Glass was littered everywhere. It wasn’t right. So Hahvok used his shields to scoop it up from the counter and floor and place it back in what remained of the dome. That was much better.

But still, there was that hollow feeling within him. Where he was and what might his purpose be?

Hahvok turned and walked through the swinging door and into a room with the same type of tile, except a different shade. This was more aqua, not teal. Weird how they didn’t exactly match up.

This room was also dirty and grungy, with equipment for gardening strewn all over like a hurricane had come through the place. Logos were fading from the tools, just splashes of color amidst the dirt. Already opened bags of dirt were toppled over, creating small mounds that were surprisingly free of any insects. There was a path cleared through the mess to another doorway.

It seemed like this whole place could use a good cleansing.

Hahvok continued on, Zal jumping down and climbing over the trash to peek through the other doorways in the room. He found his way out into a large hallway, filled with various machines of diverse purposes. The temperature fell drastically, feeling much more comfortable than before.

One machine with a type of display was connected to a large opaque glass tube that seemed almost like crystal, light bouncing off of it as Hahvok walked around it. It automatically opened when he stepped near, giving him a little bit of a shock at the action. At its base in the center of the circular floor, there was what seemed to be a small, spherical globule of space nestled partially into the floor. Zal went over and touched it, a feeling of being frozen solid passing through both of him. It was sudden and intense. It was like being killed instantly. It was the first time the cold had ever held any danger and as soon as the feeling passed, Hahvok carefully stepped away from the tube.

A humming noise caught his attention and he turned to a machine that took up one side of the long hallway walls. There were many gauges and buttons on it. There were levers and readouts. It seemed as if the whole thing were vibrating slightly, giving off the feeling that it was currently running and with extreme power. Pipes seemed to feed into it and many cables were running from it to power the machines in the room. One of those machines being something that was blowing out almost freezing cold air, explaining why it was cooler in this hallway. The largest of the cables ran up the wall and then down the hallway and was lost to sight as it left the room.

Hahvok kept going, but as he turned, he accidentally knocked over the air cooling machine. It made a strange and increased whirring noise but otherwise seemed fine. Hahvok left it fallen over and got out of there. The hallway led to several rooms that seemed to have been broken open by something. Metal doorways were bent aside, allowing Hahvok passage through what would have been formidable barriers otherwise.

As he moved, he noticed each and every room was slightly different from the last. But in a weird way. Colors were slightly off, as was architecture. Brand logos were sometimes differently designed. Some were even different brands on things he knew were exactly the same as the room previous. And there were varying levels of technology for different items, too. It was as if each room were piecemealed together and only technically part of the same building.

Hahvok eventually found himself in a large open space that was warmer than the hallway had been. At first he thought he was outside, but seven stories up was a ceiling painted white and large, gold gilded pillars ran throughout the space. The far wall was mostly glass, which caught his attention. The Kohrak walked over to it. Beyond was dark and hazy. It looked like there was a terrible snow storm outside. Off in the distance through the haze he thought he might be able to see the lights of another building, but he couldn’t be sure. He walked along the glass wall until he came across a large hole in the glass that allowed a snow drift to pile up inside. Large icicles were formed along the top of the hole. More of those vines grew here, though these were larger and covered in a layer of frost that seemed to be cracking them open and killing them. They wrapped up the glass wall and outside the building as well, though the ones outside looked broken off. The parts farthest away from the hole seemed fine. In fact, they ran along the ground and up one of the pillars.

Hahvok turned from them and walked back where he had come from, noting the large open space had a section with a now dead field of grass with benches to sit on, snow from the open window piled up here and there. Shops were set up as a little market. They were in various states of decay. There was a frozen fountain, widgets stuck inside.

Long black cable ran along the ground from the base of an intricate streetlamp and into a pile of debris. Potentially the remains of a food cart.

Hahvok stared at the mess, confusion welling up in him. There was so much here that needed a cleansing touch, yet nothing yelled out to him that it was his purpose. Was he doomed to wander here just as he did back on that other island?

Zal rummaged around the cart and suddenly Hahvok snapped to attention and Zal jumped away as something began to move in the wreckage. He raised his shields, their increased power evident as frost fell from them, something that normally didn’t happen.

What appeared was a Matoran that was pure white with a white Komau on. Or, at least it appeared he used to be pure white. He was just as dirtied as the rest of the place, turning the white into more of a brownish/blackish gray with certain pure white spots. His optics were circular for some reason and glowed the same icy blue as Hahvok’s did.

He looked Hahvok and Zal up and down and then quickly looked around for something. His neck whirred oddly as he did so, as if he were more mechanical than even Hahvok was. Apparently not finding what he was searching for, he finally looked back to the pair of one being, climbing from his pile of wreckage. As he did so, it was revealed that the black cables running along the floor were connected to his head and upper and lower back. He spoke, voice sounding like it was through a different medium than just air, “Greetings, I am Vellem. Welcome to Avalanche Tower 1134A16, floor Cerulean Ice Bat 2617. How may I assist you?

His voice sounded stiff and firm. When he continued it was much looser and sounded like he was happy, “I’m so glad to have visitors! There’s rumors that someone visited up top, but us AI don’t reach up that far, so I’m not sure how true the rumors are. I govern this floor, the maintenance floor below, and the two living space floors above. Well, govern is a little generous. I’m in charge of non-essential systems. And don’t even try to figure out the numbering system. I have no idea how many ‘Avalanche Tower’s there are, let alone what floor we are actually on. For some reason knowing how tall these skyscrapers are is a secret.

So how’d you two get here? Everyone left forever ago.

Hahvok didn’t know what to make of the small being or what his words implied. He didn’t seem to be a threat, despite how odd he was. Zal tilted his head to the side and both of him spoke in unison, “I walked through a portal. I am here to find my purpose.

Vellem’s hand fell off in surprise as Hahvok spoke in unison. He scooped it up and put it back on, twisting it until it clicked into place. “Portal, huh? Sounds like Brutaka Industries wasn’t shut down several hundred thousands years ago, now was it?

Hahvok was silent. Vellem continued, “Well I guess it doesn’t really matter, you’re here now!

This mechanical being was weird. But he looked like small white friend. Hahvok spoke, “What are you?” For some reason, he just realized couldn’t sense this being’s mind.

Vellem pulled up a pile of debris and brushed it off before sitting down on it, “Well, I’m modeled after a Ko-Matoran. And Crystal Climber Technologies programmed me to say I’m just an AI, but I was able to at least give myself a few more permissions now that no one has come to check up on Avalanche Tower 1134A16 for, uh…, well, quite a while now. Anyway, I’m no AI. Not really. I used to be a Matoran of Magnetism, but then one thing led to another, several mistakes were made, there was that whole burrito fiasco with the shift manger (not that they could prove anything, mind you), and next thing you know, they made an imprint of my mind and used that as a basis for the AI technology they were developing at the time. Oh, and the process ended up killing me when it was finished. So while I may be standing here before you, the real me has been dead for a looooong time.

Hahvok spoke the word Vellem had called himself, “Matoran…” like he was testing it out. So small white friend outside the portal had been a Ko-Matoran too.

Vellem leaned back and looked up several stories, noticing the vines creeping along the ceiling, icicles forming from them. He suddenly sounded concerned, “Uh, one other thing, you might want to watch out for any plants you see. One recently escaped from containment and has been pulling my floors apart. I don’t know why it’s destroying things. It’s why I was hiding. If something moves, it goes for it. The colder the better. But not too cold, apparently.

Hahvok looked up, hope rising within him. Was it his purpose to cleanse the plant from this building? Hahvok raised his shields and his icy blue beams blasted up at the vines, striking them, ice forming where they struck.

Vellem screamed, scrambling from his seat and trying to tug on Hahvok’s right arm, “No! You’ll only feed it!

Hahvok continued firing, “Wrong. I shall cleanse it from this place. Plants die from cold.

Vellem sounded desperate, “No! Not this plant! Nonononononono.” He let go of Hahvok and ran away, his cables following him behind him as they dragged on the ground.

Meanwhile the vines above started to writhe as if they were alive just like a Rahi. Hahvok thought he was doing well until the vines then started to grow and spread. The ice he was blasting them with was starting to get absorbed.

Hahvok was unfazed. He just needed to add more cold, more ice. He continued to shoot his beams of ice creating energy at the ceiling.

The plant continued to grow in size, spreading across the sprawling ceiling. There was a loud groaning, then the ceiling gave way to its size and the now large plant crashed to the ground, bringing with it half the ceiling and parts of the walls. A dust of debris filled the air. Still it grew, winding into shops, apartments on higher levels, and through the dirt of the indoor park.

Hahvok refocused his aim, still pouring out the beams of power. He continued this for some time, focused on his task. He was sure sustained cleansing was the answer. The vines dug through the tile on the floor like loose sod. They were getting so large they started bending structural supports.

Hahvok kept going.

The vines covered the massive glass wall and with a show of force, broke it apart. The raging blizzard outside swept quickly piling snow into the gargantuan open space inside the building.

Hahvok kept going, his shields’ power endless while tied his machine body.

Vellem was saying something, but it was lost to Hahvok’s focus and the roar of the blizzard that was now surging in the space.

Hahvok kept going.

He kept going as the vines wrapped around his form. He kept going as Zal was swept away. He kept going as the whole building started to groan. He kept going as the floor gave way and the mass of vines fell, freeing both of hims. He finally stopped and quickly froze a platform below him, connected to a wall that remained sound. Zal was hanging on to a pillar that now hung from the ceiling, Ice Picks keeping him safe.

The large section of the building continued to collapse below them with a thunderous noise like a world cracking open until the vines were lost from sight to the rage of the storm.

Hahvok peered down, emotions clashing within him. It didn’t feel like that was his purpose at all! He still felt empty, unsure of what to do next.

You idiot!” Vellem’s voice came down from a lip that still held out above, “You just gave it exactly what it wanted!

Hahvok didn’t understand and yelled over the storm, “But I cleansed it.

Vellem sounded incredulous, “You just fed it for like five minutes straight and now it’ll be strong enough to survive outside. Then there’s no stopping it on this planet. We’re doomed, not saved!

Hahvok stood there blankly for a moment. Inside, he felt immense frustration.

Vellem’s tone changed, “How in the world did you even shoot your element for so long anyway? Are you some sort of short super Toa?

Hahvok didn’t even consider it a feat, “I am a machine powered by an organic, removable brain. I don’t grow tired or need to stop. What is a Toa?

Vellem smacked his mask with his palm, “A Toa is a tall Matoran that can use elements. Goodness, you don’t know much, do you?

Hahvok agreed, “That is correct.” At least he was a master of social situations.

Vellem looked around, incredulous, but there was no one else there to share in the moment with him. There hadn’t been for a long time.

Hahvok created crude stairs for himselves to climb up, taking care not to slip and tumble down several hundred stories.

Vellem was waiting for them at the top.

Another massively loud stress groan moved through the building with an almost physical presence. Perhaps he shouldn’t have blasted the plant with his powers after all. That only frustrated Hahvok even more. He needed to find his purpose, whatever it might be. And it seemed like he had just done the opposite.

How do I cleanse it?

Vellem sighed, “No, it’s too late now. You probably would have needed to destroy the generator that powers these four floors’ air conditioning so that the heaters don’t have anything working against them. I would have done it long ago, but I don’t have a body in a place that has long enough cables to get to the generator. And I can’t do it from the building’s server, since I don’t have any of the proper permissions. I was able to hack my self into the heater settings and warm things up best I could, though. Well, hack is a generous term. I turned up a thermostat I found out I could reach.

Hahvok sat there for a while, trying to figure out what he was supposed to do, cursing his mistake. Finally his mind started to wander to other things, thinking of the cold that hurt. “What was the ball of night sky in that tube? It was hurt cold.

Vellem looked at him with hope in his synthetic voice, “Wait, you lived after touching that?” He stood up, voice getting excited, “That’s perfect! Your Destiny must be to travel back to that point in time.” Vellem started pushing him in the direction of the generator and glass tube hallway, “Go! Destroy the generator, fulfil your Duty! Save this dead building from that stupid Morbuzakh-K41.

Hahvok turned to him, “Duty?

Vellem nodded, “Yeah yeah, what you are supposed to do. Your calling. Your purpose. Your obligation.

Hahvok rolled that around his mind. Things seemed to fall into place. Was that his Duty, to cleanse with purpose instead of just trying to cleanse everything he saw? Suddenly he got very excited and rushed for the door, leaving Vellem behind.

The mechanical Ko-Matoran called after him, “Take care of yourself! Both of yourselves!

Hahvok quickly found the hallway with the generator once more. The opaque glass of the tube machine slid open as he approached. He stepped inside, both of him, and looked around. What was he supposed to-

The door slid closed and a sudden intense chill coarse through his Krana, both of them, and he realized was standing outside the tube, looking in at Zal having just finished touching the small ball of space. The air cooler machine wasn’t knocked over yet. He had made it back.

This time, Hahvok turned with purpose and strode for the generator. He lifted up his arms and shoved both shields into the machine, causing a shower of sparks. Then he activated his shields, ice rapidly expanding from the inside out. Black smoke started to pour forth from the machine’s edifices even as there was a great crashing sound as damaged parts froze and tore themselves apart.

As the generator was being destroyed, a weight Hahvok didn’t even know he had been carrying was lifted. For the first time since he could remember, he was at peace. He had found his purpose. His Duty. And with it came serenity.

With wisdom and knowledge, he would cleanse whatever needed to be cleansed and nothing more, nothing less. He wouldn’t stop. He would fulfill his Duty. He would remain at peace while doing what he was called to do.

Even as smoke filled the room, the generator grinding to a halt as well as the air cooler machine, a rainbow glow emerged behind him. Hahvok turned and stepped through the Far Shore portal once more.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Eyru @Vezok's Friend This post concludes Hahvok's Far Shore Adventure.

• Like 1

IC: Knichou, Elemental Temple Ruins of Ice

"Right this way, then, flygirl," Knichou agreed with a bright grin, one hand shifting to hold hers instead of her shoulder, as his other moved from the sweeping motion of flight into a smooth underhanded toss-like gesture that ended up pointing at the end of the long hallway.

The couple walked together, eventually reaching a wide, circular chamber, with a tall, starlit ceiling.

"Is this it? I was expecting something more-"

The entire room began to move, with the floor beneath them, rotating around its center as if a giant screw was being tightened. While initially a concern, from the looks of things, this was how the room was meant to operate. How peculiar. There was almost a melody recognizable from the rhythmic grinding of stone against stone as the ancient mechanisms performed their repetitions with uncanny precision. Was this wind powered?

"Right..."

The elevator finished its descent, the resounding halt echoing throughout the encrusted walls.

On one wall, a gold and purple portal formed. At least warm air flowed from it - a sign of life? But where did it lead?

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Patiwairutiki, east of Kini-Nui:

I can see your thoughts you know. At least, whatever your equivalent is.

This unit did not request any observations.

You want to go after this Ehlek fellow.

Barraki Ehlek is an immediate threat to the matoran population. Protecting them takes priority over eliminating the riteborn.

Maybe in your rigid little electronic mind, but not everyone has that sort priority list. Normal people use other factors to decide what to do.

This unit is not normal nor people.

Yes, well, you’re also no longer just a robot. That stopped being the case when you took on your new form. There’s something very important that you need to know right now: even if you didn’t get a new objective programmed into you to fight riteborn, you’d still have a responsibility to do so. That’s part of being NUVA.

There must be additional purposes for NUVA.

Maybe, but that’s not for me to say. For now, get Skyra on her way so we can continue the mission.

As the first light of morning shone from the eastern horizon, Patiwairutiki’s steps brought it ever closer to its destination.

Ally Jutori, this unit has performed a brief search through your memories. No traces of repressed racist personalities were detected, so your proxima transformation should have no negative effects. Ally Skyra, important information on the NUVA transformation still needs to be explained. After placing the great disc into the NUVA device, you will die. This is temporary, so please do not be alarmed. After acquiring NUVA abilities and traveling through the portal to Kini-Nui, there will be a designated bunker. In order to open it, you will die again. This is also temporary, so please do not be alarmed. While there is a way to open the bunker without dying, that requires three NUVA which may not be available.”

The machine looked directly at Skyra before continuing. “Additionally, the NUVA transformation will have negative effects on your mind. Ally Atamai lost the ability to feel emotions and this unit received programming errors. Ally Skyra will likely remain the same person, but major changes may happen. If that is an issue, concerns should be raised now.” The mechanical enforcer faced forward again. “This unit is unsure of the Water Ruin’s location. Therefore this unit is traveling to the great temple’s equivalent location to use as a reference point. When the temple is located, prepare for the possibility of puzzles.”

Edited by pokemonlover360
  • Like 3

IC: Skyra Daring - Patiwairutiki, east of Kini-Nui -

Skyra nodded as Kilo explained the nuisances of becoming NUVA in more detail. The part where she had to die twice and that her personality could change stuck out to her, but if she was completely honest it didn't really phase her.

"No issues here, I'm not afraid to die, especially if I just come back anyway. As for my mind being altered...well that's a risk I'm willing to accept. Can't be any worse than what I went through during the war." 

OOC:  @pokemonlover360 @Tarn

Kilo-M9 NUVA - Patiwairutiki, east of Kini-Nui:

Affirmative. A new mask will be required after your current one fuses to your face. Otherwise there should be no issues.”

OOC: @Snelly@Tarn

• Like 1

IC: Kas and Admin | Elemental Temple of Light

"Slow down the wall," the Admin asked back as if shocked by the idea; "why would someone want to slow down the wall of Prophecy. It would be much easier to speed oneself up with a kakama. Although, perhaps by donning the Ignika-"

"Don't," Kas struggled to get out more but Sorilax's will and control was much stronger. It seemed the aspect who believed himself the arbiter in the dichotomy of good and evil was winning. Kas' mind filled with thoughts of the mask, the need to wear destroy it or at the very least wear it himself.

How it could create and destroy all life. He'd seen it, and seeing it had doomed his world.

ooc: @Kal the Guardian, @Harvali

IC: Irnakk, Great Spirit of Nightmares | Irnakk's Tooth

"Ah, Whira," Irnakk purred as his many eyes pulled from the skulls of the dead honed in on the her. "You are an aspect of your future self, are you not? You wish to become an ascendant, don't you? It is wise to bow your head to those who walked the path before."

His hulking body lumbered closer, a long and grisly arm caked in magma reaching out towards Cravious. He lifted the skakdi's chin until their eyes locked. The eyes of the great spirit were glazed in death. The fires of the volcano reflected off them. Irnakk said;

"I am mad at you. You are one of my Prized. I saved you and let your kind sleep in my nightmares. And you repay that kindness by asking me for more? What else do you bring for me besides words? What acts have you done that show your service? What old toys of mine have you found that strayed?

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @~Xemnas~

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Elemental Temple of Light

With - Mahrika, Bellicus Kastus, One, Two

"Slow down the wall," the Admin asked back as if shocked by the idea.

Sorilax was confused. He had not talked about slowing down the wall at all. Was this the Administrator trying to twist things? It certainly seemed so.

The Administrator continued.

"Why would someone want to slow down the wall of Prophecy? It would be much easier to speed oneself up with a Kakama. Although, perhaps by donning the Ignika-"

Kas managed to get out an interrupting, “Don’t.

Sorilax appreciated the gesture from the Toa and loosened his grip on the mouth functions of Kas’ body. It might do Mahrika and him good to hear at least a portion of what Kas had to say. For all his flaws, he did seem to understand this room and its functions.

As for using a Kakama, the Ignika, or, well, any mask for that matter, it was next to impossible. Sorilax had no vessel that could even don a new mask in this room. His creations had no way to wear Kanohi. Mahrika could not even utilize any masks given to her, and with how she was, Sorilax was not sure if she would allow her mask to be changed. And Kas’ Illuminated mask was the only thing keeping the Toa in check.

In order to wear and use a Kanohi, he would need to somehow remove Kas from the equation in a different way than he already was, then get his normal vessel here, which could prove to be very difficult.

So it was better to get all possible information before choosing which actions needed to be taken. Sorilax, with One’s help, turned and walked back to the center of the room and the crystal pillars around the overflowing wading pool.

Administrator, define the purpose and function of the cables plugged into these crystal pillars. And list the proper safety measures that need to be taken in order to be able to interact with the Ignika.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Harvali Is Sorilax able to sense or "read" Kas' thoughts at all?

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning, Mind Reading and Quick Healing

Location - Irnakk’s Tooth

With - Whira, Irnakk

Cravious’ fear of Irnakk burst back into full color as the Great Spirit stated his anger. And at Cravious no less.

The Skakdi of Lightning couldn’t look away from the many optics stared down at him, judging him. The hand on his chin immobilized him, the remnants of magna melting his chin, only for his chin to heal with his Kraata power and the process to start again. The pain didn’t even register in his mind, however.

Cravious tried his best to remain lucid and not lost to the nightmare that still coursed through him, “I have provided your Prized with countless weapons, vehicles, and ACRs as soon as I was able to learn how to do so. Collectively they have kept your Prized well armed and able to defend themselves, and to destroy others.

I have provided jobs and money to your Prized both in the Rig and across the island, helping to sustain them in this wonderful land you gave to us. I most recently secured the skill of a Giant Skull Skakdi, Gore Fury, to provide well cooked meals for your Prized.

I am constantly seeking to innovate, to provide more advanced technology to your Prized as well.

Cravious wracked his brain, trying to figure out what “old toys” meant. Maybe the Rite-born? That seemed to be the only option. “A Tahtorak of Water has strayed and destroyed the Rig, the home of a large number of your Prized. A Zivon tried attacking myself and my hirelings, all of which are your Prized. The other Tahtorak of the Green seemed to be staying your course when I saw it.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @~Xemnas~

IC: Tekmo, Waveahk and Ostrox (Kumu Peninsula, The Ambling Alp, The Bridge) - Gaia’s Lament

Tekmo peered out in a different direction from the one Parnassus was pointing at, very much interested in something else - the fact that there was less of the peninsula than there was the last time he was here. "Terrible... the island really has been disappearing… why did you ignore Leklo’s question, Waveahk?! This is serious!"

"Oh I didn't 'ignore' the question, Toa, I just didn't care."

Groaning, the Toa of Plantlife rested his forehead on the glass window.

"Well. At least you haven’t crashed the ship this time." Ostrox had restrained himself from rough-housing the whole flight, he couldn’t resist it forever.

@Void Emissary@EmperorWhenua@TL01 NUVA@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Ulkarr, Obedient, Impressionable and Wayward (Tobduk-Koro, Forge of Vakama) - The Monster Factory

"I shall retrieve-" Ulkarr then walked into the Forge of Vakama, Komisti just behind him. "Never mind, here they are."

"I shall ask him should he accept." The Aspect said, answering the Vortixx’s question from before they came in. "Akiri Kanohi. It has come to my attention that there is only one place on the island with the power to create these titans rampaging our land - the volcano the Skakdi know as Irrnak’s Tooth. It must have fallen into Warskak control. With your permission, I would lead an expedition to the volcano to ensure no more creatures can be created."

"This information is uncorroborated."

"So is the document that says you passed performance testing at the Ta-Metru foundry."

@Harvali

IC: NU-8020S and Klawne (Ko-Pou, The Taku, Exterior) - Scheduled for Departure

"The ship - provided its commander makes the correct decision - will be heading to Tobduk-Koro, that is correct. Please stop harming yourself. It proves my point, but it is distracting."

Klawne started making her own way to the ship.

@Vezok's Friend@Harvali

• Like 1

The inside of the ruins were more complex than Nale had expected. She thought she had heard music as they descended, but maybe it was just memories of Metru Nui's skyscrapers and their long elevator rides. Whatever the case, she quietly hummed along for a few seconds before stopping herself. 

The elevator came to a halt. "I believe this is our floor," Nale said. The warm air was almost comforting after the bitter chill outside.

@BULiK

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

2 hours ago, Tarn said:

"I believe this is our floor."

IC: Knichou, Elemental Ruins of Ice

"If it isn't, I'll have to teach you to fly even sooner," Knichou remarked, looking at the hallway they entered from, several bio above them. "But this has to be it," he continued, gesturing to the strange, glowing portal. "What could possibly go wrong?"

The Fe-Toa carefully walked up and slowly moved a hand to the edge of the portal. "This is fine, this is fine, this is-"

He plunged his left hand through the unnatural threshold, wincing in anticipation of pain. But he didn't scream, in fact, he was eerily quiet. After a moment, his optics returned to a relieved expression.

"- fine!"

He pulled his arm back out. Everything was still attached.

"See?"

The Fe-Toa was about to step through, but abruptly stopped as he remembered something. One hand raised to his audio receptors in a familiar gesture.

"Berys, Captain Vella and I are in the temple here, and are going through a portal. I don't know if that will interfere with radio contact, but just in case, uhhhh, let the Doc be in charge of the evacuation to Tobduk-Koro. He's trained in that, right? Whatever. Point is, Nale and I can fly on our own to meet Aurax, so start the evacuation when everyone there ready, and we'll link up with you later. Radio us if we're needed but be advised we may be out of range. Until further notice, the Taku is Triad's ship, since he's probably third in command? Maybe that's why he's called that? Uh, over and out."

Knichou didn't wait for a response.

"Alright, now we can go."

The couple stepped through the portal and into... another hallway. It was as long as ice-covered as the first, with even more hieroglyphics adorning the walls of the chamber.

"Another hallway? Hopefully this Administrator is at the end of it..."

After another uneventful walk, they discovered that there was an end to the tunnel. They reached a hexagonal room that had a rainbow-colored portal to what appeared to be Kini-Nui on one end. Was this it?

"Hello? Is anyone here?" Knichou asked the room, searching for a sign. This uncertainty was unusual, but despite that Knichou was unusually certain that this was the right path even if he was wandering in the dark.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

IC: Axxon, Tuakana | North of Kini-Nui

He moved ever southward under a darkening sky. The sand crunched under his feet. His gait was uneven; he limped as he always did under the weight of the ever-present pain. Axxon had not known peace since his rebirth. Even when the aspect was in full control, he could feel the weight of the amalgam pulling at his flesh. He could feel his bones and tendons bending unnaturally with every movement. The impure protodermis had twisted his limbs into unnatural shapes, and his own body seemed to fight against itself with every step. He could hear his joints creaking and grinding. But it was better than the agony of infinite dying. He shuddered at the memory. Tuakana had saved him from an unspeakable torment, and in doing so had opened his eyes. 

Axxon had always believed in duty. But in the face of death, he had realized how purposeless it was. Everything was without meaning compared to death. The living world was a dreary reflection of the eternal, terrifying truth of the grave. Life itself was only worth anything as long as it could be perpetuated. What use was dying with honour or glory? Ten thousand years ago, he would have boasted of his willingness to die for what he believed in. He would have sacrificed his life for the matoran. For Dume. For a chance at saving their entire civilization from the brink of extinction. Guardian of the Forge of the Heartsflame was no trivial title. He had truly been ready to throw his body to the flames and die a hero's death.

But no longer. He knew now the futility of life. Each breath was a victory and each heartbeat was a triumph, and nothing else mattered. What good was saving another's life if you gave up your own? Death soured the taste of any success, no matter how sweet, and turned it to ashes in the mouth. Once, he had admired the toa for their sacrifice. They had been willing to give up their very bodies and souls for the sake of their people. Six stars torn. He had loved them. But now he pitied them. They were fools, each one of them, to give up the only thing that truly mattered. Power is fleeting and gold crumbles and everything is meaningless. Only life is worth anything at all.

Tuakana understood this— well, perhaps understand was too strong a word. The aspect knew it without knowing it: the terror of death was at its very heart. It was an aspect of grief, of loss, of fear at the thought of being unmade. The horror of losing everything drove it to seek an answer to the question of time. But it was too weak. It could not accomplish what must be done. It wandered in circles, mimicking the cycles and the seasons, ever thirsty but never drinking. Axxon would not make that mistake. He saw clearly now that time was the enemy, for its ceaseless march brought everything to the grave. This land was doomed, but it would yet be saved if only time could be brought to heel. 

He saw the toa in his mind's eye. She was fierce. She was a warrior. She was the answer. She had pulled him across ten thousand years in an instant, and in doing so had unwittingly revealed her power. He would take what she was unfit to use. He would save them all... if he could. At the very least, he would save himself. That was all that mattered.

The mountains were before him, their snow-capped crags looming over him like white-haired giants. He was nearly there. The reckoning was at hand.

• Like 2

IC: Korio, Kanohi Dragon of Loyalty - Remains of Fort Nektann

Korio continued to follow the path of unprecedented plant growth, his flames burning it down as he traveled. The irony was lost on the Kanohi Dragon.

He soon came across an area of destruction, and at its center a mountain, covered by the largest presence of foliage. The remains of a structure, and the bodies of those that once lived inside, were strewn about. Korio soon realized that this "mountain" he was looking at from above was moving. The Tahtorak had seemingly just awoke after laying waste to the structure that once stood here. 

If the firestorm around Marrow wouldn't get his attention, Korio's form blocking the sunlight and his calls to the other Riteborn would.

@Gecko Greavesy

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Marrow - Fort Foliage

Nestled beneath the cavernous canopy of his own creation, Marrow awoke to the smell of smoke.

He reared up with a ragged roar, floundering in the foliage to right himself. His roar turned to a wheezing cough as his head rose above the treeline and inhaled the haze around him. Wisps of smoke whipped in the wind, and falling flames flickered at his periphery as he fixed his gaze on the terrible creature occupying the sky above him. It was as long as he was tall, with stumpy limbs and shimmering scales.

He didn't know what it was, or why it was here, but its intent was clear enough as its furious flames ravaged the green around Marrow, and its monstrous maw bellowed at him.

Marrow answered in kind, summoning a jagged spear of coarse fireroot wood in his uninjured hand and flinging it up towards his challenger. 

@Tarn

IC: Korio, Kanohi Dragon of Loyalty - Remains of Fort Nektann (Kaiju VS. Kaiju)

This was odd, Korio thought within his primal mind. Yumiwak had ordered him and Zai to find Marrow, not fight the Tahtorak. Were they not allies?

Marrow's weapon struck Korio's side as he maneuvered to avoid it, and he let out a higher-pitched roar of pain. The Kanohi Dragon snarled at the Tahtorak. Korio could not reach the spear with his shorter limbs, instead taking advantage of the length of his body to twist around and take hold of it in his jaws, snapping it in half but leaving the jagged end embedded. 

The Dragon flew lower, perhaps hoping Marrow would see some familiarity in his form as he saw in the Tahtorak's. Until then, he opened his maw and let out a stream of fire near Marrow's feet.

@Gecko Greavesy

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)