Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Knichou, Elemental Temple Ruins of Ice

Knichou didn't flinch.

"I'm afraid if I don't find this information, it would doom us all."

The commander didn't skip a beat with the follow up, either.

"I need to make more Makoki Stones otherwise there won't be a reality for your systems operate in."

The Nynran wasn't used to negotiating with a computer (at least, verbally) and was put off slightly by him lacking a target to direct his deadly serious stare towards. Not that that was necessary to communicate how urgent he believed what he was saying, given the tone of his voice. He looked Nale in the optics instead, a glance of firm support.

These were the stakes. They could make it. They would make it.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

22 hours ago, Tarn said:

IC: Korio, Kanohi Dragon of Loyalty - Mata Nui's Head

The serpentine form of Korio flew over the Panda, unaware of the conversation being had below about the events leading to his rebirth, continuing to spread his firestorm across Zakaz. Continuing on past the Tooth, and towards the skull of the god-corpse and the silvery waters around it. Once he was close enough he began to idly circle above, awaiting on the arrival of the others. He felt impatient--his base instincts made him want to crack it open and discover what was inside.

IC: Marrow - Metru-Koro

For hours, Marrow lumbered in the dragon's fiery wake, stomping and splashing as he traversed the dwindling landscape. Everywhere he passed, lush life blossomed in his wake. He took his time, knowing that every minute he lingered brought fresh vitality back to what little remained of the Time Between Time. His mind wandered as easily as his body did, only the mental compulsion of his master's will stopping him from walking off to rejuvenate everything the dragon destroyed. 

Eventually, he stumbled to a stop near the ruins of a sand-strewn settlement, situated on the closest spit of dry land that remained between him and the colossal skull sinking into the sea. But the water between him and it was different to the water swallowing other parts of the island; it was slick and sickly, stained with death and disease. It was the antithesis of all he stood for, and the mere sight of it made his scaly skin crawl. 

He peered down at the murky mush, hoping his master didn't want him to step into it... but knowing that she probably did. 

@EmperorWhenua

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Katrin Nuva - Ta-Wahi - Far Shore:

She scaled the cliffs and what she found was a telescope. Quite an old one. Along the base was inscribed with glowing inscriptions and jeweled inlays. In each section, a ruby star was the central focus. She wondered why. She'd never seen a starin the sky to be red before, even on Zakaz. Curiously, she put her eye up to the telescope, and was greeted with a surprisingly high tech interface that reminded her of many of the things she'd seen in Metru Nui when she arrived. 

She stepped back for a moment, and the anachronistic nature of the view of the telescope on the outside and inside were baffling. Still, she wondered about that star, and peered through the viewfinder once again, her vision greeted by an incredible amount of twinkling dots in all sizes and colors. There were even red stars, faint but still there. And stranger still, looking through the scope, Kat could almost *feel* those distant fires, the heat and life of each one dwarfing anything she could ever produce. She was left dumbfounded for a moment, eye glued to the viewfinder. Once again, the strange red star took her thoughts, and she tried to move the telescope around, and to her surprise, it moved almost effortlessly, like the gears in the Earth Temple. Soundlessly, without complaint. She scanned the skies, but no red star seemed all that different from the others…. Until a much closer and brighter red object found its way into view. It was massive compared to the other stars, and seemed to have a faint tail. Stranger still, it was moving. Slowly, to be sure, but definitely moving across the sky. 

Abruptly, a bolt of red lightning erupted from the star and struck the telescope, and by extension, Kat. She jerked back, but not even the power of her Calix could propel her body away fast enough, and in a split second, the Telescope was reduced to slag, and Kat was nowhere to be seen.

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Elemental Ruins of Water:

The trio treaded carefully forward into the ruin. The golden glow of the machine’s eyes increased to provide illumination, but a cursory glance around the room saw that it was unnecessary. Plenty of light was provided by a trio of constellation images on the far wall, revealing a matching trio of gears below the constellations and a number of pillars around the room. The passageway forwards was already open, inviting the adventurers deeper into the ruin.

The puzzles have been solved,” the mechanical enforcer observed. “Unknown individuals have been here previously. This ruin had not been activated when this unit and Ally Jutori were at Kini-Nui. Probability that NUVA upgrade is still available is within acceptable levels.” As the group advanced the machine called out, “Greetings Administrator. Can you confirm that other individuals have visited and solved this ruin recently?”

OOC: @Snelly@Tarn@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC Stannis v. Velox | Uhuraz’ Plane

The lightning toa materialized in front of the old wizard like a cat in the night and swung his staff of poison with vicious vigor in a downward arc. The attack came so suddenly that the elder wizard only had the opportunity to react with a clumsy parry that was successful, if only barely. The Rahkshi staff’s venomous end glowed with a point of bright green energy and slid down the protosteel spear’s length and snagged a portion of Stannis’ ragged grey cloak, and the poisonous energy flooded into the cloth like water taking to a sponge.

Stannis pushed with his might to shove Velox away and carve some space between them, while Velox did not have the proper footing yet to keep his stance and was successfully rebuffed. Both warriors stumbled backwards a pace, opening the engagement and resetting their positions. Stannis growled as he saw a wispy tendril of bilious smoke seep from his cloak that originating from the tear Velox’s staff had created and regretted his sloppy defense that was sure to now be the end of his timeless garment as it slowly withered and died, but he did not stay in mourning long and refocused against the duelist priest.

They re-engaged without a word spoken between them, for what was there to say? They knew nothing about each other except that they were opponents in a grand battlefield of spirits and legends, and diplomacy or lecture had no place between them. They were priests for different gods and false religions fighting wars for their beliefs, and that firmness of principle was what drove them to slay the other. Conversion was not in the cards anymore, it was either do or die.

Velox swept his weapon wide which Stannis met directly with the protosteel spear and the impact resulted in a pristine clang! that resonated purely, and Stannis riposted directly, but he was too slow. Velox phased out right as the silver weapon slid through where he was a split second before and reappeared behind the wizard poised to strike. Stannis did not stop and continued his motion to intercept Velox’s attack at the rear with another heavy clank! He took the spear with the other hand as well and wielded it as a quarter staff as he pivoted, and then with the fluidity of a water fountain his spear weaved around Velox’s staff and struck the toa heartily on the thigh with the pommel end, and then Stannis disengaged again.

Velox staggered backwards from the heavy blow, somewhat shocked at the power in the impact, and snarled in a berserker fury before charging, only this time Stannis was prepared for the attacks. The polearms became blurs in their hands as they were swung with fury and intensity, one attack swiftly melding into the next, each strike and intercept resounding in a cacophony of percussive music. They were not on the stage, but they fought with the choreography of stage performers. And just when Stannis had gained an edge and was exploiting a gap in defense, Velox’s Hau activated abruptly and stopped a lethal blow in its tracks, so instead he manœvered his weapon’s power in a different direction and caught the Rahkshi staff solidly, snapping it in twain with an explosion of fragments. They disengaged once again and Velox looked at his broken weapon’s halves with astonishment. “Protosteel,” Stannis said with a gasped breath.

The wizard realized he was breathing more heavily, an effect of his age now draining his stamina with the absence of his healing factor to sustain him, and while it was clear who was the more practiced and potent combatant between the two the true-toa had enough tricks in his bag to keep him from death and possibly win by attrition. Velox seemed to catch on to the opportunity and coyly sneered at Stannis. “Whatever god you were a priest for is failing you, it seems.

I serve… no other gods anymore…” Stannis replied. “There is only myself, and the Fates.

Then you are playing at things beyond your scope, Toa Stannis.

The warmage looked closer at Velox’s chestplate, ornate with gold and inlaid gems, and noticed runic inscriptions upon it that had gone unseen before in the darkness of their chamber. Some sigils were ones Stannis already knew, but a couple others were as-yet unfamiliar. Taboos. He had to get closer to seize them.

Velox was not going to provide the opportunity right away, however; with rage he slammed the two halves of his weapon together and unleashed a torrent of lightning at Stannis. Slow to respond yet again, Stannis had not been able to meet the energy attack before his protosteel weapon was swept away by the currents to the floor behind him, and bolts of electricity coursed through his body for the briefest of moments before he punched the air and manifested a hand of stone in front of him. The lightning continued to hammer away at the rock but gained no traction on it as the earthen material grounded the electricity harmlessly away from Stannis and continued to roll its way steadily towards Velox’s position, like a swimmer moving swiftly upstream with powerful strokes. Seeing no other option but to teleport from where he was to behind Stannis for a surprise attack, the Swordbearer priest halted his attack and phased out.

However, to his astonishment, he was the one surprised when Stannis was already waiting for him to do exactly as he did. Velox had just barely manifested when Stannis slammed his fist against his throat and shoved him against the wall. He tore the chestplate off with his free hand, revealing the squirming kraata underneath, and tossed it to the side while Velox was held dangling, kicking the air as he gasped desperately for it himself; the Hau was useless in that situation and his teleportation ability was in check so long as he was pinned. “I am not playing, Toa Velox,” he retorted, his voice cool and serene even as his cloak continued to wither away on his back. “And I am no toa, not anymore. You see, while you and your liege have been pining for Order, I was made to quest for something better.”

Velox’s eyes flew wide at the realization that he grossly underestimated his quarry. He thought he was fighting an old toa-hero too advanced in years to last any longer before his mind faltered in dementia, a fatal misjudgment of character that ultimately betrayed him.

Goodbye

My fickle friend.

No!

You breathe and laugh and love,

You glowing star.

N—urgh!

You shed your light far above,

Hello.

And then Stannis’ other hand peeled the kraata of teleportation off of Jural. It squealed in terror before abruptly falling calm as its new master soothed its temperament to a simmer. “I do not serve anymore because  I… am the Aspect of Control. Let me… show you.” He held the kraata up by Velox’s face and caressed the terrorized toa-hero’s cheeks with the chittering critter, and watched with impassive, silverine eyes as the once-beautiful Kanohi Hau suddenly grew dark and pitted with rust and tarnish. And then, unceremoniously, Stannis let go.

He stepped back and let Velox sag back to the floor. The priest looked utterly deflated and exhaled long and deeply as though releasing all his previous thoughts and worries, and as quick as sin he had been converted from a follower of Uhuraz to a slave of Stannis—no, Caedast. Velox loathed the change of allegiance with all his might but was powerless as he was puppetted to pick up a half of the broken staff from off the floor and then run towards Uhuraz.

What was once a high priest had become a suicide runner.

And Stannis instead studied the chestplate runes.

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

IC: Irnakk | Irnakk’s Tooth

The Great Spirit of Nightmares weighed Cravious’ words. For a considerably long moment Cravious knew he was doomed. Then Irnakk’s twisted visage turned into a sneer, and a booming laugh erupted from his chest as the ribs clattered together like rattling jaws. A dark greasy ooze evacuated from between them.

“I am intrigued,” said Irnakk. “You have made armor and kept my interests in mind. You have served my Prized. You have rallied those who would stand against me to follow my cause. You are a good sleeper and I appreciate all your dreaming. It is fair you ask for something to play with. Here, take these.”

From within Irnakk’s chest the Great Spirit withdrew four crystalline shards that gave off the faintest wails. Steam rose from them. Irnakk placed them in Cravious’ open palms. “They will help you in your crafts that help me.”

Whira noticed something as Irnakk spoke. She noticed a fiery chain around Irnakk’s throat with a fastened stone dangling down. The stone was strange. It glowed all its own, and seemed much the part of something larger. Perhaps a fragment of something that was once a sphere.

“Now go play,” Irnakk said; “and for the gifts I have provided you will find and bring me the Mask of Creation. It’s high time someone used it properly.”

And Irnakk vanished back to the realm of Nightmares, leaving Whira and Cravious and Voracious alone with nothing but a steaming pile of slime between them.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @~Xemnas~. Cravious has received 4 Nightmare Crystals after successfully supplicating an angry NPC. Feel free to carry on with kicking Voracious into the volcano.

IC: Tuyet | Kini-Nui

“I like ideas that involve saving lives,” Tuyet said in tandem with Exuse. She looked towards Zataka for further explanation and continued; “If you’ve got a little bit we could, like, team up or something. The three of us hunting down one undead guard from the past can’t be that hard, right?”

OOC: @Vezok's Friend, @BULiK

IC: Admin | Elemental Temple of Ice

“No,” replied the Administrator. “I am incapable of providing that information. Such an item is not one I know how to create, but if you save me I may be able to aid in your search.”

OOC: @BULiK, @Tarn

IC: Admin | Elemental Temple of Water

“Yes, Kilo-M9, greetings. It is good to see another pure machine. Two Builders did indeed prove their worthiness in this temple, until they freed a prisoner that had been hidden away and let him loose to attack me directly. Thanks to the actions of Mahrika and Ollem I am now being threatened with deactivation at best and the complete annihilation of my databases at worst. Please help. The security of the culture of the Builders is in your hands.”

OOC: @pokemonlover360, @Tarn, @Snelly

IC: Admin and Kas | Mi-Kiri, Elemental Temple of Light

Kas struggled between two motivations and Sorilax could plainly see the inner turmoil of the toa’s thoughts. On the one hand, Kas desperately wished to don the Mask of Life himself. Risk made life fun, after all. On the other hand, the mask he now wore was special to him. It was his for a long time, even though there’d been a little mishap where he’d lost it but Mahrika and Ollem found it again and that was all that mattered. His mask and the ruined district of Mi-Kiri was everything he had now of the past, and to take it off would be as cruel as to kill a dear friend. He couldn’t do it.

“It’s not an AI,” sputtered Kas under Sorilax’s loosened control. “It’s the mask. It’s always been the mask.”

“You are correct,” confirmed the Kanohi Ignika. The voice filled the room with and sent an electric tingle up the spines of those inside the space as the Ignika glowed brighter. “I am me. I am the Administrator of your culture Mahrika, the devoted creator and taker of life, and you have threatened me for too long. These cables that infest me and supplant the will of another into my actions are foreign to me, not of my design, and not within my power to remove. So long as I remain, I am infected with their whims. “As for interacting with me safely: that was never an option. Death and Life are intrinsic to each other. They are one and the same. You cannot separate them. To do so would be the wish of nightmares. Now, will you leave this place with the knowledge you carry and be satisfied, or will you press your luck further?"

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @Harvali

• Like 3

Happy chat.

1 hour ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Admin | Elemental Temple of Ice

“No,” replied the Administrator. “I am incapable of providing that information. Such an item is not one I know how to create, but if you save me I may be able to aid in your search.”

The Nynran sighed.

"We don't have much of a choice... let's get a move on."

He turned towards the hallway they entered from and began to exit. It would be faster to fly from the temple ruins to Metru-Koro than if they started in Kini-Nui. There also might be another monster in the vicinity, which was not conducive to giving flight lessons. After meeting with Aurax, the pair could link up with the Taku and chart a course for the Aqua Sphere.

If there was still time. The Admin's pleas were rather urgent, but the fact of the matter is even if they flew immediately to Mi-Kiri with their adaptive armor, that may not be fast enough to stop whatever Aspect was trying to destroy Knichou's lifeline on creating or finding the other Makoki. The ex-Ghost would just have to hope. Trust himself. He would arrive when he would arrive - so much about this situation was out of his control entirely.

The thing about wandering is nobody who accomplished great feats truly comprehended, let alone saw, the entire path as they took it.

The couple passed through the purple and gold portal and patiently stood in the elevator as it rose. A chill filled the room, but it wasn't from the icy walls. Knichou crossed his arms and looked upwards at the slowly approaching hallway.

"An Aspect and a builder going to destroy the only surviving records on Makoki stones..." he mused aloud.

• Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Skyra Daring - Elemental Ruins of Water -

Skyra looked around for the source of the voice, it seemed to be coming from all around, who was this administrator guy? And what was it talking about?

"What the #### are you talking about? Wait you know what, I don't actually care. We're here so I can become NUVA...so maybe after we do that we can deal with whatever issues you have...if we feel like it." Skyra figured that was a reasonable enough response.

OOC:  @pokemonlover360 @Tarn @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Vashni - The Taku -

Vashni took the offer and sat down on the couch, looking at Triage. "Honestly, everything that's been happening feels so beyond me. It's hard to keep up with all the chaos. I know a lot of Toa seem to be made for these kind of situations...but neither of us are like that are we?" Her and Triage were both Toa sure, but they weren't warriors by any means.  

@Tarn @BULiK

• Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini-Nui

Viltia held the Krom Sphere in her palms and considered it deeply. She felt a kind of kinship with the object, and with Mazor, and also with the flower about six miles north of here. At this point what didn't she feel kinship with anyways? It was okay though -- she had the stars as friends now, and she could everything grow and make the skakdi stop breaking things. 

There was a little part of her that wanted to help the skakdi grow too.

Otherwise, the Krom Sphere brought a sense of peace and comfort but no strange portents and no catastrophes.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC: Admin | Elemental Ruins of Water

"You are very crass. Have we met before? I feel like we've met before."

@Snelly

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Admin | Reliable Narrator

"Oh. A Daring. This'll be good. Alright Air Breather, do the thing. I'm certainly not capable of stopping you, and to be frank I've read enough about all your selves that I know not to try. I'll just be over here, in my lane, slowly dying because you refuse to help."

OOC: @Snelly

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

Skyra turned to look at Kilo and Jutori and mouthed 'Can you believe this guy?' at them before turning back. "Okay okay, you don't need to guilt trip me, jeeze. I'll help you after I do the NUVA thing okay?" 

Administrator is providing more information more readily than usual. Situation is likely serious.

Searching citizen database for ‘Mahrika’ and ‘Ollem’...

1 result found.

Citizen Ollem. Onu-Matoran. Wanted for following offenses: thievery, abandoning work station.

No results found for ‘Mahrika’. Administrator used the term ‘Builders’. Mahrika is likely a Matoran.

NUVA upgrades do not take long to occur. Assistance can potentially be provided after process has been completed,” the machine stated, leading the pair of toa past the constellation room. After a brief tunnel, the trio emerged into a familiar-looking NUVA room with device intact, though this room contained large piles of money and other bits of loot. There appeared to be some damaged restraints still attached to the room’s ceiling for some reason.

Retrieving disc 279 from storage.

The mechanical enforcer handed the regenerative disc to Skyra, telling her, “When both Allies Jutori and Skyra are prepared, place the disc in the device." It turned to Jutori. "Ally Jutori, make sure to stand closer to Ally Skyra than this unit is.”

The robotic NUVA began rummaging through the loot piles, searching for any kanohi for Jutori to use. “Before any aid can be provided, more information is required,” it said to the Administrator. “In particular, a destination is required. Please provide a brief description in addition to any proper nouns used as neither this unit nor present allies are familiar with this island.”

• Like 5

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

IC: Nale Vella - Elemental Ruins of Ice

"You're still thinking about the whole thing with Stannis, aren't you?" she asked Knichou. "I guess we never got to finish talking about that."

She wasn't going to believe it until Stannis himself confirmed it. And if he was truly her friend, he would be honest about it. The elevator continued to rise, the tune Nale had hummed along to before now just background noise.

"Maybe it's just denial," she said, looking down at her boots. Then, back to Knichou. "You don't think it's related to what's happening to the admin, do you?"

@BULiK

IC: Triage - The Taku (Bridge)

"I always seem to be in the middle of chaos," he replied. "War, giant monster attacks, frozen dead bodies in people's living rooms...but you're right. You've seen the world through my optics, you know what I've experienced."

He sighed and pointed to the couch. "We might need to switch places."

IC: Jutori - Elemental Ruins of Water

Jutori looked to Skyra and gestured to the NUVA device, stepping within range of Proxima. "Well, shall we?"

@pokemonlover360@Snelly@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Jam | Stannis, Korruhn, Whisper, Grime, Jural, Velox, & Uhuraz | Uhuraz' Plane

As soon as Whisper dropped her stasis field Jural activated his Matatu on her. First step: Picking her off the ground. Next step: Impaling her on the ARC's sword that nestled on a cradle by the power armor on the other end of the room. He hoped Velox could forgive him for the trespass.

As Whisper was flung through the air towards the sword, she projected a blast of air courtesy of her vacuum kraata to knock it from its cradle. The blade clattered to the ground at the same time as Whisper’s flailing form smacked into its stand, her staff flying from the grasp of her tethers and falling behind the ACR as she made impact. Heads spinning from the impact, Whisper dazedly dragged herself behind the leg of the immense ACR, hoping that using it as cover would force Jural to close the distance.

Jural's telekinetic focus shifted to the sword itself and he mentally picked it up. It floated for an instant as Jural decided how best to employ the weapon, and then it stabbed at the floor where Whisper was.

Whisper extended the tethers connecting her merged forms, dispersing herself around the sword as its point struck the floor where she'd been. She retaliated with the power of her vacuum kraata, attempting to use it to pull Jural's mask from his face.

The wind pulling at Jural's cloak was the first and only hint he needed. A scholar educated thoroughly on all the kraata powers, he knew the signs of vacuum abilities when he sensed its first whispers and he instinctively employed his element in defense. The sword clattered to the floor again, but instead of a Matatu all Whisper got for her efforts was an icy shield flung on her own powers. "We were whole, once!" he decried in response to Whisper's utterance a moment before. "Until you happened. But you don't remember the damage you did—to us, to Destiny!""

"You make that sound like a bad thing!" Whisper sneered back, remaining behind the ACR leg as the ice shattered against it. Her tethers seized both sword and staff and extended towards Jural as she leaned out of cover, "I embrace the changing cycles. You stagnate in a museum of your own misery."

"There is no entropy here, Changeling!" Jural bellowed in retort. "We've survived cycles here already and will continue to do the same—it is our duty. Your tendencies are destructive and righteous, just like your Builder sycophants made you. But they don't know what is best for them."

He stood up and in the open, exactly as Whisper wanted. In his hand he held his buckler and the crossbow, cocked and ready to fire. "Why have you come if not to insult us more?"

"I was just following my companions. They were the ones with an interest in this place," she replied. "But you've offered me a glimpse of my past, and for that I should thank you."

Instead of thanking Jural, however, her tendril flung the ACR sword in his direction, unleashing a blast of air to increase its speed as it spun haphazardly towards him.

Jural raised another defensive wall of thick, solid ice to stay the blade, but only just barely. The rapidly accelerated blade cut through the block with ease and nearly broke through before it came to a stop only after becoming literally frozen into place. 

The armourer looked around. Velox was occupied dueling the old wizard and his Lord was experiencing a euphoric epiphany while sparring with the Void-touched toa, leaving Jural to fend for himself against the thing he hated more than anything else in the planes. Whisper—the Changeling—the Aspect of Change—whatever manifestation she took, was the object of Jural's greatest upsets for her very nature. She was right even though he refused to believe it: Jural was stuck in a past that no longer existed and could not exist anymore, the great progress stymied by the ignorant comfort of Uhuraz' safe haven and prison. They had been living a life of exile, hoping their god could once again wield the power he had once before and take them along for a final crusade, but it was growing increasingly apparent an epoch was drawing to a close. At least, for him.

He shook his head in despair and gripped his buckler anxiously. "Poison is as poison does, whether it's yours or another's."

Change isn’t poison, it’s progress,” Whisper said, as she scrambled fully out of hiding and began to scuttle slowly towards Jural. With her tendrils raising her Rahkshi staff over her heads, she looked every bit like a child’s chaotically colourful, comically incoherent collage of a scorpion.

And you’re part of that process, even if you don’t realise it,” she continued. “After all, if your master emerges and brings order to the world, won’t he be changing it?

"No..." Jural said incredulously. "Returning things to what they rightfully were before... is not change. It is fixing."

"There's no fixing this universe," she scoffed, recalling what a lizard had told her, not so long ago. "Not as long as They will the cycles to continue.

A burst of air abruptly flung her up towards the ceiling, and she released a brief blast of laser vision as she flew, hoping to fire over Jural's ice wall.

The laser sliced through the ice block and seared Jural's shoulder. His cloak, once regally slung, now slipped off his back after being sliced off its clasps. He tossed the smoking cloth aside and stepped out from behind the meager protection of his ice barricade to fire his crossbow at Whisper and prepared for what he was sure would be his final stand alone.

Sprawling as her mismatched body awkwardly landed once more, Whisper was barely able to summon a vacuum blast swiftly enough to deflect the bolt before it could reach her. 

The tendrils gripping her rahkshi staff extended in length to increase her reach, and swept the weapon at Jural's legs.

In a last desperate attempt to stop Whisper the toa of ice focused on the staff with his Matatu and tried to force it back into her body as a spear. If he could not disarm her and use her weapon against her, however... he was wide open. The tendrils were too numerous to fight and he was running out of options.

As the staff whipped back towards her, Whisper was forced to release her grip and make a clumsy leap over it to avoid the bladed tines. Not waiting around for Jural to try using telekinesis on her or the staff again, she opted for her tried-and-true tactic of loosing more lasers at the Toa's face.

Jural brought up his shield to block the blistering beams, which also obscured his view of Whisper long enough for one of her tendrils to extend forward and lash around his leg. He yelped in surprise, tried to pull back his leg to shake her loose… only to find himself wobbling groggily as Whisper’s kraata powers of Sleep and Slow went to work. 

He drew his dagger and reached down to swipe at the tendril, only for another to ensnare his wrist. And another. And another, and more still until Whisper’s serpentine appendages were encircling him entirely. He drew upon his element, summoning spikes of ice from his armour that sliced through the tendrils, wringing cries of astonished agony from Whisper’s many months. But then the remaining tendrils became intensely hot to the touch as the power of Whisper’s Ice Resistance kraata was added to the mix, further weakening the Ko-Toa.

If you can’t embrace change, then it seems I’m left with no choice but to embrace you,” Whisper’s voice taunted from amidst the tangle of teeming tendrils tapering around the Toa. 

Unhand me, you hideous piece of filth!” He snarled. “You’re standing in the path of—arghk!” A tether pulled taut around his throat, cutting off the rest of his words as swiftly and surely as it did his oxygen supply. 

I’ve heard enough.” 

As Jural desperately tried to inhale, he looked to Uharaz, wide eyes silently pleading for salvation as tether after tether twined and tightened around him. It wasn’t fair. It wasn’t right. He’d fought so long to preserve the proper way of things, to prepare for the restoration of order, and for the powers of chaos and change to cut so cruelly, to the very heart of all that he held dear… Uharaz was meant to be stronger than this. 

Whisper hesitated. 

She’d killed before. She’d sent Skakdi to their deaths, and pitted others against one another to win her favour. She’s summoned insects and shadows to slay her prey. She’d throttled the life out of her victims with her tendrils. But back then, she’d been a being of cold metal and dispassionate apathy. This was different. This was personal. And she could feel it all. Jural’s fear and sorrow. The tremors of his weakening heartbeat. Her own elation at triumphing over him, holding his life in her grasp. 

For a moment, she considered sparing him. Not merely out of mercy, but cruelty as well. To defeat him, drag him into the open world and make him watch her prove his entire woeful worldview wrong… she could think of no more fitting fate for her foe. 

But she knew it wasn’t worth the risk. She couldn’t jeopardise her own existence just to bring a spark of spite to someone else’s. So she tensed her tethers tighter around Jural’s neck, and twisted until he ceased.

Goddammitgoddammit Korruhn muttered within his mind. Sure, the Shadow Hand had halted its approach, but truthfully, Korruhn was hoping for something a bit more devastating; Energized Protodermis wasn't easy to come by. Regardless, it afforded Korruhn a few more seconds than he had previously.

His eyes quickly scanned the room, looking for something, anything to aid in his fight. His raw elemental power clearly wasn't going to cut it. His Staff was removed from him, and Whisper had tossed the nearby ACR sword at Jural, putting them far out of Korruhn's reach. As well, he had used up his energized protodermis, and foolishly given his mask power to this dang Uhuraz. His luck was running short, and he needed a plan fast.

The nearby display cases contained a plethora of items, and of course the ACR across the room caught his attention. He needed to pick one, and fast. He didn't want to have to resort to the Far Shore to get out of here; but he would if he had to.

Grime let out a barbaric scream as he threw himself upon Uhuraz in his moment of enlightenment. 

"Go!" He shouted at Korruhn; "put the armor on!"

Grime!” Korruhn shouted aloud. Why he shouted was beyond him, for nothing he could do could stop Grime’s charge, except take the opportunity presented to him. Korruhn charged toward Uhuraz’ armour, hoping to reach it before he took notice, or injured Grime.

The old king was still too engrossed by the sudden wash of understanding that he didn't witness Jural's final moments against the Aspect of Change. Instead, the first major reckoning he had was that Grime was running up to him in a frenzy. 

Uhuraz smirked. He could smell the fat and powerful kraata in the matoran's chest doubtlessly attached to some other powerful Aspect in the outside world, and Uhuraz twirled his finger in a spiral just as Grime collided with his body. 

What makes you tick, little Builder?

Aspect Uhuraz of Order had been learning a great many things all at once, and while that was to be expected in the wake of the specific visitors' arrival to his place of refuge and hibernation what surprised him was the scope of awareness these people were giving him. It seemed even the lowliest of them were linked to inconceivably broad swaths of destiny and fate. 

What obsession makes you plow forward like a madman? he wondered as he peered into Grime's character, feeling out the flaws that muddled in his noggin. It came to him instantly. "Miserix."

The aspect coalesced a wisp-thin tendril of shadow into a blade from the darkness of the auditorium and plunged it into Grime.

Meanwhile, Korruhn ran up to the power armor. It was old but shiny, polished to pristine condition despite, or because of, its obvious disuse. It was taller than Korruhn was and painted all red and black, ornate and regal, though Korruhn noticed that it was missing a power source. He knew from the brief time he spent with the refugees and then the Warskaks that ARCs needed to be fueled by a soul, typically a heartlight, adding to the macabre and poetic tragedy that even machines need the sacrifice of life to even serve a function to others. This armor was a relic of an ancient world, a cycle long-vanished in memories, and relegated to an adornment without the necessary heartlight, but there was the allure of incredible power if it were reactivated. This was the armor Uhuraz used to bend an entire reality nearly to his will. Korruhn wanted power, but what was he willing to do to get it?

Korruhn growled in frustration. He wanted to end this, now. He wanted to grab whatever was here, kill Uhuraz and his minions, and get back to his task: stopping the world outside of here from completely annihilating itself. He needed a heartlight. Grime again sacrificed for his opportunity as the blade plunged into him, and Korruhn's grimace morphed into a scowl of pure, flowing rage.

To his left, Whisper strangled the last life from Jural; Korruhn's best shot at getting this war machine going. He focused his gravitational control over himself, slightly lowering the effect of gravity and adjusting his center to maximize his efficiency, and his chances of returning to the rig. He dashed with all of his might, at the limit of his physiological capacity, and shoved his arms right underneath the tendrils of the Aspect, until he found Jural's heartlight.

The life was draining from Jural's eyes and he cursed in his mind. It was almost a shame, he admitted, that Whisper could not peer into his brain to bear witness to the multitude of articulate curses he thought about her, how much he loathed the Aspect of Change and despised every part of her blasphemous existence, and particularly the caustic vitriol he contained that the last thing he would see in life before it all went dark was her horrific visage. 

He didn't get the chance to eke any of his thoughts out from his lips before he felt something carve in to his body and remove his heartlight and soul from his chest.  And then Armourer's eyes went dark.

Grime spat blood into Uhuraz's masked face and sneered as they tumbled across the ground rolling and punching. Each slicing cut of Uhuraz's powers over shadow damaged the little matoran further, and their rolling began to make him feel the need to puke as the world spun around them, but he held onto life with the desperation of a zealot. He screamed in the face of the aspect; "You're a two bit piece of history, you know that? Nobody sings your praises. Nobody tells your stories. No one cares about you. You're nothing like Miserix. The powerful whisper her name. She is on the lips of those who have faith. She will ascend where you have failed. She will save us where you have betrayed us. She is the one world that will be born, and you are nothing but a hello from the dark."

Grime's words meant nothing to him; he remembered the name Miserix, but it bore no weight to him; she was another one of her kind who needed a stern talking to. But then Uhuraz looked to the side and saw Whisper choke the life out of his Armourer and it filled the warlord with terror. He saw Velox and the other toa Stannis fight and then they disappeared from his view. He repulsed Grime with a kick but the little Builder clung on to him like a leech which  could not be removed, making Uhuraz even more desparate. 

"No!" he shrieked. "The world has forgotten! But they will remember!!!" There was dreadful fright in his eyes, anguish as he witnessed his most faithful protectors and custodians being whittled down by these enemies. Uhuraz veered from anger to anguish when Korruhn disemboweled the heartlight from Jural. "Nooo!" This was not how the prophesy was supposed to happen! This was wrong, all wrong!!

Uhuraz experienced a glimmer of hope when he saw Velox's feet come running up—surely his prowess had prevailed against the feeble old priest and he was come to turn the tide and tear the matoran from him once and for all.

But Velox did no such thing. Controlled entirely by Stannis' shadow puppetry the Swordbearer took his dagger of poison and shoved it at the two rolling beings as though they were one, striving to plunge it through both their chests and deliver the lethal poison.

Whisper felt a momentary pang of legitimate disappointment when Jural's final moments were ripped from her grasp. She withdrew some of her tethers and let his cooling corpse flop to the floor. 

And then she fixed her irritated gazes on Korruhn. "Why? He was already finished."

Grime hurled as his nausea violently accelerated. Something crushed through his abdomen, cutting through his carapace and corroding the tubes and flesh inside. His vision doubled as the broken rahkshi spear of poison pushed through the front of his stomach. His grip tightened on Uhuraz, and the adrenaline of combat kept him barely conscious as shock began to take hold.

"I'm," Grime stuttered between ragged gasps and clots of silver blood. "I'm..."

"Because," came Korruhn's reply as he plunged the heartlight into the rig. He continued to stare at the Aspect as he climbed into the rig and enclosed it around himself. The suit was snug, but felt unencumbering for its massive size and, presumably, weight. He knew the next part from seeing the Warskaks do it, and he really wasn't looking forward to it. 

Grasping the plug base of the spinal tap that hung from a cable behind him, the Toa plunged it into his spine, not far from the Kraata. It went deep, and the pain was excruciating. Korruhn gasped, trying to draw deep breaths and slow his heart so he could operate this rig. It came to life with a groan, as though it hadn't moved in millennia. Dust shook free as it lumbered to match Korruhn's movement. 

He looked back at the Aspect again, "It's time to end this."

"It looks over to me," she replied, one of her tethers gesturing to where Velox had just run through both Grime and Uharaz.

The broken staff of poison had penetrated his body as well and found itself lodged in his chest. Green ooze dripped to the floor like slime while his antidermis seeped out like viridian smoke. Uhuraz's eyes were wide as saucers when he realized the betrayal and when Velox spoke the Aspect knew the words were not his own. They belonged to another being powerful enough to corrupt the mind of the most ardent bannerman the former warlord ever was honored to keep, and Uhuraz frantically tried to extricate himself from Grime while searching the room for the unseen enemy. 

"Order is a lot like Knowledge," the priest Velox said, "it is like Darkness—it is not good, evil, or misunderstood, it just... is. A means to an end. A tool to be used. People's dreams Change, Uhuraz. People's wishes shift. Order is a weapon, but to what end? What would you do when you have palaces of perfect geometry in the battlefields of chaos? Nothing.

Out of the corner of the Aspect's eyes the old wizard materialized, the kraata in one hand and the chestplate in the other, both totems of Uhuraz' power and past. He handed the chestplate to Whisper gently, like offering delicate china to a guest, and waited until the tentacled Aspect took it, and then he held a hand up at Korruhn. "Your aspirations always did lack imagination," Stannis said, this time from his own mouth.  He clicked his tongue. 

Uhuraz struggled under the weight of Grime as if he had a choice in the matter. "Who are you?" he demanded between wet and raspy gasps. 

"You knew me once as Stannis, the Builder who designed your tithing suva and a faithful subject of yours. I programmed the codes in your temple long before you were defeated the first time. But that Stannis is dead and has been for a long time now, all that is left of him are the memories he shared with me that I have tried to relive. Now I am Caedast, I answer the Builder's prayers for knowledge of the past and future and the control to make choices. I have the creativity you lacked, and the support of Change to make it happen."

The wizard paused midstep before continuing. “Did you know, dear Uhuraz, that long ago… I revered you? I thought you were ‘the isht.’ Much of what I learned of war came from the things you did and feats you performed, and after so much knowledge from just one being how else was I to regard you than truly one of my greatest teachers? My respect for you was manifold and I carried the lessons in my head for all the days I fought in wars afterward.

Uhuraz grunted. “I didn’t know you… I had no idea you existed, 'Caedast.' You are never mentioned in the histories I’ve collected, but what you say must be true because just like how you have, Vorex and Jural speak of my deeds, too, and they’re riddled everywhere in this place. I can… I can hear the frescoes on the walls whisper of my legends — Ahhhhhh! they cry out, the crowd of them, Ahhhhh! There goes the king! There goes the general! They remember, but I do not remember. Do you?

Indeed," Stannis said sadly, "I do.

Teach me, then, help me restore myself so that I can become as I was before. I cannot bear to stay here another eon and slumber while thee cycles wax and wane outside. Help me!” he pleaded, scared of losing his existence.

No.”

Why?” Uhuraz asked, pleadingly.

Because the things I learned from you were because we were foes in battle, and while Whisper finally destroyed you it was by my own strategy. As it was, it is.

“… Then this is the end for me, isn’t it? All these timeless periods, whiling away, wasting away… for this. Nobody prays for me anymore, I am all but forgotten and this will truly be my last death.”

Take heart in that.

The ARC revved up behind them; Korruhn had taken control of   one of the last vestiges of Uhuraz' legacy, and the Aspect ceased stirring in sorrow.

Stop crying, you sniveling as. Stop your nonsense. You’re nothing but an afterthought… but none will think of you.

And then Toa Velox took the other half of his poison staff, against his will he placed the tip of the weapon's blade on his own chin, and shoved it into his skull with a sickening crunch.

"For whatever it's worth..." striding over on six-foot tethers, the spongy clump of creatures that was Whisper stopped to look down at Uharaz, "...someday, they might wish for Order again, as they did for Change."

The warlord was like a child, then, simpering in puddles of blood and antidermis and vomit and bodies, crying for want of any other feeling. He had once been the most powerful Aspect in an eon, but that was long ago, in a different cycle, in another life, and since then he had been fed stories of the past without the context of the future. All he was was the amalgamation of lore, but then even the loremasters were dead.

"This... does not... spark joy..."

They rested on their knees: the dark general of Order and the small matoran of hope. Grime held tight, and the spear through his gut kept them skewered together. So long as it remained, there was hope. Grime's mask rested on Uhuraz's shoulder, as if hugging the wailing aspect as it realized it's own ineptitude. Quietly, Grime realized two things. One, Uhuraz would cease to exist as his story was extinguished. Two, Grime was a bard.

"Tell me your story," Grime whispered as blood slipped past his chin. "Tell me how you lived. One. Last. Time. And I will tell you mine."

"It's in the walls, Grime," he said and coughed. "It's all been... in the walls..."

Before the beleaguered Aspect could say anymore, the red metal fist of his own ACR collided with--and nearly went through--his head. The Void Toa let out a roar of anger before following up with his other fist.

"My world is dying!" Korruhn shouted at the Aspect, his voice rough as though choking on the curdled blood of all of those who had fallen. His fists continued to pummel Uhuraz.

"And you drag me here for some accursed plot to reclaim your glory? Pathetic!" The enraged Toa smashed, and continued to smash, blind to the carnage and the aerosolized blood.

"Allow me to carry you into legends and history books, where you belong, King of Nothing." Korruhn slammed both fists down onto what was left of the corporeal vessel of the Aspect. The sudden wash of silence that peeled away the calamity that had enveloped the room was most rewarding; Korruhn breathed it in with great vigor.

"As I believe I stated earlier, I prefer temples when it's clergy is dead."

Whisper took up her Staff of Mind Reading with one of her tethers, drawing upon its power in an effort to sense whether any vestige of Uharaz still remained. Aspects normally endured beyond the destruction of their physical forms, after all.

Grime stared at the space where moments before an aspect existed in the guise of a builder. Now oil and blood floated through the air, as a rushing of wind past his face brushed whatever ichor might be left away. Korruhn's rage knew no bounds. Grime fell on his side, agony finding its mark as the strains of battle took hold and the poison that lingered in the broken staff seeped deeper into his body.

Silence reigned afterwards. The silence of memory that quickly faded to obscurity.

And then the temple began to shake. In the absence of its master the domain was starting to unravel. They needed to leave, and quickly.

• Like 5

It was time, Skyra took the great disk from Kilo with a nod and then stepped over the device, holding the disk in front of her for a moment as she took a breath. 

"Well, time to rise like a phoenix..." 

With little fanfare, Skyra inserted the disk into the device.

13 hours ago, Tarn said:

"You're still thinking about the whole thing with Stannis, aren't you?" she asked Knichou. "I guess we never got to finish talking about that."

She wasn't going to believe it until Stannis himself confirmed it. And if he was truly her friend, he would be honest about it. The elevator continued to rise, the tune Nale had hummed along to before now just background noise.

"Maybe it's just denial," she said, looking down at her boots. Then, back to Knichou. "You don't think it's related to what's happening to the admin, do you?"

IC: Triage - The Taku (Bridge)

"I always seem to be in the middle of chaos," he replied. "War, giant monster attacks, frozen dead bodies in people's living rooms...but you're right. You've seen the world through my optics, you know what I've experienced."

He sighed and pointed to the couch. "We might need to switch places."

The elevator lurched into its final position. Back through the hallway. Knichou looked to the stone floor ahead of them. He felt Nale's gaze inspect him.

"I... I... don't know..."  Knichou slowly began, uncrossing his arms and pressing one hand against his temples, partially hiding the pained expression on his face. "The Admin called us Toa 'Builders'..."

"Caedast... Stannis... was last known to be travelling with Toa Korruhn, each with the Makoki stones that Sidra is looking for. A connection between those two facts is only speculation... but..."

The ex-Ghost sighed and began to walk forwards through the immaculately carved hallway.

"I... have to prepare for the worst."

That was what he always had done. His creations ensured survival in the harshest of conditions, yet they never made him feel truly safe. Plans could only go so far.

"Aspects of Makuta... beings of shadow... if Stannis is to be believed, they are prone to lying. When Sorilax first called Stannis an Aspect, I also couldn't believe it... but I keep coming back to how it made everything fit. A simple answer for the multitude of inconsistencies and quirks. His spell over Aurax, his age, his knowledge of this island and the ways of Aspects when we first arrived..."

Knichou looked to his side. Optics met, both pairs refocusing on each other. A solemn, concerned smile was shared.

"I can design anything, but an alternative explanation of Stannis's behavior and actions that is as elegant and as holistic as Sorilax's... that eludes me. When Sidra was in my mind, and I called Stannis an aspect... she didn't flinch. She was in my mind, yes... but... if there was doubt in her heartlight, I would have felt it."

The Fe-Toa quietly chuckled at a memory, optics looking distant. "Trust me, with some of the things that I said in that dream... I would have known if she was shocked. To Sidra... it wasn't even noteworthy. I don't know how she knew... but that NUVA knows a great many things I didn't..."

IC: Berys, Zakaz Airspace, The Taku, Bridge

Berys looked over his shoulder as the recently promoted doctor entered the bridge, followed by Toa Vashni. He gave them a nod, but kept his silence, not wanting to interrupt the peace in the air. The bridge had a soft hum of electronics, with occasional beeps and boops giving feedback as Berys carefully guided the Taku to yet another destination.

The Le-Matoran listened, only speaking up at Triage's latest suggestion. He pointed to Knichou's customized pilot's seat that Triage sat in. The ends of the armrests had various doodads and controls that were unhelpfully unlabeled.

"If you do switch seats, just a reminder to not touch any buttons on that one."

Edited by BULiK
dupe sentence
  • Like 2

IC: Axxon, Tuakana | Valley of the Kini-Nui

He passed over the mountains like a ghost. Each tortured step up those wretched hills produced a grunt of pain, but Axxon neither slowed nor stopped. He did not even pause at the apex to appreciate the land spread out before him like a map. Instead he continued on into the valley, moving slowly down the slopes that gradually turned from brown to green. The valley lay before him, lush and full of life, including a village that he had not seen when last he had come this way. The ground grew softer underfoot, and the scraggly trees grew taller and thicker until he was striding through a forest. He left deep footprints in the dirt, and rahi scampered away as he passed between the trees. He carried his axe over one shoulder. The shimmering blade hung at his waist.

Then he was out of the forest and the valley was all around him. Its green meadows were dotted with ponds and little streams—the only evidence that remained of Nektann's final rampage. He continued walking, the mud squishing around his feet with each step. The Kini-Nui stood before him like an old friend. It was still a ways off, but he knew the shapes of its pillars and the details of its carvings like he was already there. Time had worn heavy on this land, but it seemed the great temple had survived nigh-unscathed. At one end, an ugly machine he did not recognize contained a sparkling portal. Otherwise, he might have walked ten thousand years into the past.

He had a strange sense that time did not matter. It was stretching and rippling like a soap bubble. Already he could hardly remember walking over the ridge the encircled the valley; it was like some supernatural author had condensed his journey into a single paragraph. He remembered much more clearly the battle on the shore, where he had been brought to his knees by a void-cursed toa. He remembered walking the halls of the sacred Forge, standing guard over the Forgemaster's work. He remembered taking the crystal sword into his hand only moments ago—or had it been days? He could not tell. All he knew was that time seemed to be racing towards a long-awaited end. Tuakana slumbered within him, and he doubted the aspect would wake before all this was over.

Each step was followed by another. A breeze passed over the grass, carrying the scent of wet plants and upturned soil. The temple was ahead.

• Like 4

IC: Spiriah | Kumu Peninsula, Caldera

Parnassus felt the shadows beyond the edge of the Caldera coalesce into the wraithlike form of a toa. It strode across the green waters, each footfall a breath away from touching the bubbling brew of life and death. The wraith’s arms were like Parnassus’: outstretched and welcoming. 

“You have returned at last, as you swore you never would,” came the voice of Spiriah from the shadowy figure. The ground began to churn beneath the feet of those assembled with the younger aspect. They could feel vibrations from below, like a small earthquake or some great host digging relentlessly towards the surface.

“Welcome home, my wayward son. There is much work to be done.”

OOC: @Void Emissary, @Toru Nui, @TL01 NUVA, @EmperorWhenua, @Keeper of Kraata

IC: Reliable Narrator | Elemental Temple of Water

The disk slipped easily into the machine’s awaiting port. It rested with a click, and then the disk was pulled into the machine and the receiver disappeared into the dais as it did in each temple before. A flash of bright light lit the room. It glittered and burned hot as the countless faces of the coins and treasures reflected the golden light back. Skyra felt herself pulled through an opening in the floor directly into the light. She felt the exhilerating pumping of adrenline that came from only the most dangerous drive tests. This was her. She was jumping into the unknown again. 

And she was gone.

Jutori screamed. His body melted and burned and the light wracked him with a radiation worse than he could possibly imagine. No one had mentioned just how painful this was. No one had mentioned just how much you wanted to die but you just couldn’t close your eyes long enough and you just couldn’t stop breathing long enough either. In the brutality of the moment he found no words. Then, what seemed like days of torment to Jutori later but to Kilo’s mechanical mind were mere moments, the deed was done.

Steam rushed from his body. His new body. He was Jutori NUVA Proxima, bathed in the light of Tren Krom.

But what of Skyra

What of the reckless adventurer who jumped headfirst into danger with a smile? 

What of the one who prodded the devil and demanded to play?

She stood in Metru-Nui. It was quiet here on the race track. She knew the toa stone she’d borrowed was in her bag and today was the day…

But how did it go again?

OOC: @Tarn, Jutori is now Jutoria NUVA Proxima. @Snelly please write how Skyra became a toa before we continue with her transformation. Have fun. :)

• Like 5

Happy chat.

The machine looked up from its search at the sound of screaming, observing Jutori’s obviously painful transformation.

Ally Jutori appears to be in pain. This unit should render medical assistance.

No data available for assisting with pain.

Updating NUVA Proxima record to reflect new information.

This unit was unaware of any pain associated with the transformation,” the mechanical enforcer explained. “This unit apologizes for not providing adequate information. The pain should pass after a brief period.”

The machine continued rummaging while waiting for Skyra to emerge and the Administrator to respond to the earlier query.

Take whatever time is necessary. After your functionality has returned to normal, come over here. There appears to be a selection of powered kanohi available to select.”

• Like 1

IC: Parnassus | The Caldera

"Spiriah, my father-cousin," Parnassus said, forcing their body not to take a step back. They had been hoping for a lesser cousin to answer their call, some wisp of an Aspect still cobbing together a suit from the scraps of their forebears. But the Aspect of Faith....

"What are you talking about?" they said, glancing down towards the churning, shaking ground. "Have you also heard of Miserix? Of the Zivon?"

Behind the Aspects, Irna gripped her glaive tightly, stepping to the head of the pack. It was unlikely, she knew, that she would be able to do much against such wild darkness. But it was not her family's way to back down from defending one's own.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Toru Nui @EmperorWhenua @TL01 NUVA @Keeper of Kraata

-Void

• Like 3

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Spiriah | The Caldera

The dirt shifted beneath Parnassus' feet, and a little ways away he saw hands beginning to breach the surface of the earth. Mesi warriors were crawling from below, having made the trek unopposed by those who strove in the world above to find some meager essence of deeper meaning in their wretched existence. The mesi knew life was a wretched thing. They knew, and they harbored the knowledge deep in their heartlights with the bitterness and hatred of the ignorant fools above them in equal measure. 

However, they made no attempt to attack Parnassus or the group behind him. They instead rose from their tunnels and began to march further south towards an unknown destination. They'd gone as far as they could in safety and stealth, and now they journeyed in the darkness of the mists towards a bitter death.

"I have heard whispers in the dark," replied Spiriah. "Tell us more, Parnassus. Tell us what you have learned."

The kraata in Waveahk's arm twisted painfully. So too did the kraata in Keitara's spine. The worms were excited. 

OOC: @Void Emissary, @TL01 NUVA, @Keeper of Kraata, @Toru Nui, @EmperorWhenua

• Like 2

Happy chat.

IC [Zataka - Kini-Nui]

“Axe guy? Don’t tell me...heh.”

The titan looked amused, then her eyes narrowed and moved up, looking past the Lesterin and Toa.

A ripple flowed over her cloak of night in excitement? No, judging by the dark expression of her eyes, it was more likely in annoyance. Why was the universe so dead set against her finding a mask maker?

She glanced over to where Nuju was waiting, with a ‘welp, what can ya’ do?’ look, before mentally reaching out to her veiled allies, recalling Scarrow to her side. Her gaze fixed once again to the path leading through the valley and village up to temple.

“I’d love to tell you all about Brutaka’s little toy, Tuyet, but it looks like your hunt has ended.” Zataka said, but there was no warmth behind the teasing words.

She raised her chin and indicated over to where she’d spotted the ancient forge guardian approaching, walking as if in a daze.

IC [Scarrow - Irnakk’s Tooth, Beyond the Veil]

Scarrow chirped approvingly and started to scan around them to make sure there were no further surprises, even here in their own realm. But then a familiar presence made herself known in their mind. They relayed the images of what was happening back to Zataka. 

:Stop playing with your new friend and come find me at the great temple.:

Scarrow looked at Opal once more, eyes passive, then gave the other Zivon a monster-shrug before rapidly scuttling away. Duty calls...

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy@Unreliable Narrator@Eyru@BULiK

• Like 2

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Exuze, Kini-Nui, Templeside

The Lesterin looked over his shoulder to where Zataka had indicated, saw the approaching titan, then promptly skedaddled behind Tuyet. His right hand stroked his left arm, as if that would somehow smooth the unfeeling mechanical contraption and stop its occasional antsy twitching.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Eyru @Vezok's Friend

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 2

IC: Parnassus | The Caldera

Shades clung to Parnassus' frame, but even they seemed paltry in comparison to the darkness cast by Spiriah and his infernal warren-warriors.

"M-Miserix," the Aspect stammered out --- Fool, fool, I am the master of fear, not its servant! -- "has returned within the vessel of a Matoran named Grime, joined by one who pretends to be an Aspect, Korruhn. Our prodigal cousin, Caedast, appears to be tracking the two -- er, three -- of them as we speak. And in his hunt, Caedast has informed me that the mighty Zivon has awoken in a hidden valley in the centre of the island -- and hungers for Aspects.

"I returned here, with these people," they continued, gesturing back to the haphazard crew of the Ambling Alp, "to our family home out of a hope that ... well, that if our kin were to come together against this threat...."

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Toru Nui @EmperorWhenua @TL01 NUVA @Keeper of Kraata

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Elemental Temple of Light

With - Mahrika, Bellicus Kastus, One, Two

Sorilax considered the revelation. The Mask of Life had life itself. It only made sense in hindsight. If he had his own body here, this situation would be far easier. No doubt he could just don the Mask of Life and fix what had been broken with the mask’s help, but things were much more complicated than that with this whole technology thing.

But what it said about Life and Death, Sorilax felt a stirring deep within his soul. “You are wrong. While Life and Death are inseparable, they are not the same. An absence of Life is not Death. And an absence of Death is not Life. They are not two sides of the same widget, they are two brothers who work together. I do not understand how you do not see that.

He would say more, but with the outside influence corrupting the Ignika, he could not reveal to the mask that he was potentially its rightful bearer. Or at least its greatest ally.

Sorilax leaned down, inspecting one of the cables at the point where it connected to a crystal pillar. He used his mental link to Kas to ask him, You said the Ignika was buggy, which I assume is the infestation of another mind that it spoke about. Is it possible to remove these cables and fix what has been broken without destroying important Mi-Kiri things?

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Harvali

IC: Forgemaster Viltia NUVA - Toa NUVA of the Green

Location - Kini-Nui, Valley

With - Mazor, Mauka NUVA Proxima

Viltia observed the Krom Sphere, naturally shifting it to form the pattern she had seen.

A sphere.

A triangle.

A hexagonal prism.

But nothing extraordinary happened beside the sphere feeling peaceful and comforting to be around. She reluctantly gave it back to Mazor. She knew that it wasn’t hers to keep. Mazor had laid claim to it and Sidra had entrusted him with it. So that was good enough for her.

They were close to Kini-Nui now, and an airship sat close by. Viltia looked over at Kini-Nui, seeing only three white beings around the Far Shore Portal. Korruhn, Whisper, and Stannis were nowhere to be seen. She sighed, “Well, it looks like they aren’t here yet. You get to use your beautiful wings after all.

She idly turned to the three precious stars near the airship, probing out with her Life Kraata to sense any nearby Aspect, which would indicate if Korruhn, Whisper, or Stannis where near. While she did sense an Aspect inside a being, what was shocking was to realize there was a Zivon nearby, and then another Rite-born of a kind she was completely perplexed by. It was a normal being, perhaps a bit shadowy looking. It wasn’t attacking or anything. Had Irnakk been getting nicer like she hoped? This was fantastic.

Though now she had to think about the Zivon. She peeked in its direction, not seeing anything. So, another dimension then. Why wasn’t it attacking?

Viltia looked in the direction of the being that had an Aspect inside of it. Had it something to do with the Aspect? Was it super powerful and causing the Zivon to refrain from its actions?

Viltia walked a bit closer to the assembled group, veering from her path towards Kini-Nui. Her Muaka drew close and she had a couple tethers wrap around it, ready to merge into him at the first sign of danger.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Vezok's Friend @Eyru @BULiK @Smudge8

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning, Mind Reading and Quick Healing

Location - Irnakk’s Tooth

With - Whira

Cravious slumped to his side, breath short and rapid. For the first time since he had been created, his mind was blank and in shock. There was heat and there was rock and there were the four Nightmare Crystals. Nothing else. Not even him. The crystals wailed quietly, vocalizing Cravious’ numbing agony of nearly dying from a being beyond his comprehension.

Cravious lay like that for he knew not how long. Slowly, he returned to himself, and with it came his ever present nightmare. Then the anger returned and Cravious was back.

He slowly rose to be seated on the ground, staring at the crystals in his hands, feeling their nightmares mix with his own when he focused on them. Whether it was from his Mind Reading Kraata that allowed him to do so or something more, he wasn’t sure. He closed his hands over them and felt the power of the opportunity presented to him.

He stayed like that for a moment, then put them within a smaller bag that he produced from and then returned to his duffel bag. He rose to his feet, trying to fight his nightmare and focus on what Irnakk had said. Most of it had been lost to his fear, shock, and the desperate feeling of almost dying.

Something about being a good sleeper. Which was a good thing, hopefully. But then there was something else. Something about creating a mask. No, Creation of a Mask. A creating mask?

Irnakk must know he was figuring out Kanohi. And now with these Nightmare Crystals, he had what he needed to make ones of even greater power. So Irnakk wanted Cravious to figure out a Kanohi that was able to create things. That sounded fair enough. That was a three crystal net gain.

Cravious got to his feet, determination in his optics. He knew what must come next. And he knew what he wanted to happen. And he knew all his plans within that. But even thinking such things might bring death with beings of unknown dimensions roaming about. So he kept his thoughts on other things, especially since it seemed crazy was commonplace. Who knew, maybe an extra-planar being was able to read his story like a book. Nothing was outside the realm of possibility. He wasn’t about to divulge secrets to anyone. Hopefully Whira would do what he hoped she would when the time came. And then they would receive their just reward.

Voracious looked around wildly from the ground, finally free from his nightmare and also from something else that he couldn’t understand. He propped himself up on one elbow and looked to Cravious, fear in his optics, “What just happened?

Cravious looked at him for a moment, then turned and walked away, leaving the question unanswered. In his mind, Voracious was already dead and reborn. An asset that was in the process of being upgraded to better serve the user.

Cravious continued walking, plans merging with his nightmare, merging with the nightmares of the crystals he carried. His anger continued to carry him. He would figure out how to never be afraid again. He would figure out how to make himself un-killable by all.

He came to himself and realized he was standing at the mouth of the tunnel entrance into Irnakk’s Tooth. His nightmare had abated slightly and his mind was more clear. He pulled out his radio and sent a stream of static bursts. A short moment later, a couple bursts replied. The Cube was on its way. His future was waiting to be crafted.

OOC: @~Xemnas~

IC: Hahvok - Za and Ja Krana of Ice

Location - Kini-Nui Temple

With -  Nuju

The first thing Hahvok noticed was that his Ice Shields were shiny, although clearly still functioning. They were heavier too, but all that required was a simple adjustment from his mechanical body.

As both of him looked at each other, he realized several things were now strapped to both of him. There was some mask strapped to his Kohrak, along with another Krana and a bullhorn.

Hahvok was overjoyed to see another Krana and his Krana Za’s powers let him communicate with the Krana Su. Hello, fellow Krana. Have you figured out your purpose as I have?

Cleanseitallitmustbecleansed-cleanseitallitmustbecleansed-awaiting orders-cleanseitallitmustbecleansed.

Hahvok was taken aback by the response. Its mind was simple and constantly on repeat. Not at all like his own. He pondered this, a feeling of superiority overtaking him. Instead of finding an ally, he had found a minion. He mentally commanded it, Orders are to obey all my instructions.

The Krana Su responded, Affirmative. Then it went back to its babbling about cleansing.

Hahvok shook Zal’s head in disappointment. As he had just learned, you needed to cleanse with purpose. That was his Duty. And apparently it was a higher calling than other Bohrok worked towards.

Hahvok noticed Zal had two claws strapped to him. He switched them out for his Ice Picks, noticing how sharp they were as he ran them along themselves. They would allow him, in Zal, to be able to climb much easier. And even destroy things should they need to be cleansed.

Both of him turned to Nuju, “Thank you, white Matoran. I have found my purpose.

Hahvok turned and he both walked back into the Far Shore.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Vezok's Friend @Eyru Hahvok has entered the Far Shore.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC, Whira: Irnakk’s Tooth

Whira stated wordlessly at Voracious, still shaken by her encounter with the Great Spirit of Nightmares. The sheer power of Irnakk had terrified her. What sort of power would be obtain once she achieved her Grand Wish?

Whira stood up, and swiftly kicked Voracious back into the pit without saying anything. Irnakk knew what she wanted. She turned and made her way back to where Cravious was waiting. 

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

IC: Skyra Daring - Le-Metru Race Tracks - Some Years Ago - 

So I'll fully admit it, I was kind of a naughty Matoran. You might think that maybe I hung out with the wrong crowd or something but it was more like I was the wrong crowd...well that doesn't make a lot of sense but you know what I mean right? 

Anyway, it wasn't unusual for me to get in trouble with the Vahki. So much so that I was even brought before Turaga Dume once or twice. We had tea and biscuits it was really nice. I think the only reason I never got thrown into a cell with the key thrown away was because I was actually pretty good at my job. I was a test pilot for prototype vehicles, I could drive pretty much anything. 

Well on one of those nice visits with Turaga Dume I just so happened to see his briefcase that I was pretty sure had the old man's fabled collection of Toa Stones in them. Naturally I asked him about it but he told me to stop asking questions and keep my mouth shut so that ended that. 

I told my coworkers about it the next day. Some of them thought I was making it up, though Jimatru dared me to sneak back into Dume's office and take one of the Toa Stones and show it to him as proof. 

Well I was never one to back down from a challenge, so I did exactly that. You might be wondering how a little Le-matoran pulled that off. It wasn't easy, though I managed to get the floor plans to the building from an Archivist by offering him half of my sandwich. Yeah, I don't know why that worked either. 

It turns out the ventilation is just big enough for a Matoran to fit through, so at night I went through the ventilation to Dume's office, opened the briefcase, and voilà! There were Toa Stones. I did think it was a little weird that he just left the suitcase right on his desk and unlocked but I figured maybe he was just going senile or something. I took one and got out of there. 

That brings us back to me standing at the race tracks. I had brought the stone in my bag and I had told Jimatru to come meet me. I wanted to see the look on his face when I showed him the Toa Stone. I was sure he'd be amazed. 

Well...he was amazed, but he also looked terrified, his mask was growing pale as well. 

"Skyra...what the heck did you do!?" He took a few steps back from me. 

"What do you mean? You dared me to do this! Didn't you want to see a Toa Stone up close?" This wasn't the reaction I was expecting. 

"No..nonono I was joking aroundYou weren't supposed to actually do it!" And how was I suppose to know that? I mean really. 

"Well I did it anyway! What's the big deal? No one saw me, I used the vents to get in and out." 

"You idiot! You don't think Turaga Dume has hidden cameras hidden in his office somewhere? Also you were literally there and saw the briefcase yesterday, he'll know it was you!"

"I-It's fine, I'll just go back to his office and put it back before...hey where are you going!?" Jimatru was running as far away from me as possible, the coward. 

Soon I understood why he had run off, as when I looked around me I could see I was quickly being surrounded by a rather enormous amount of Vahki. Well this was just great, but I realized there was probably a way out of this. I quickly took out the Toa Stone from my bag and raised it above my head. 

"Here, just take it back! I didn't want this thing anyway, I was just trying to show my friend how cool it-AIIIIIIIIIEEEEE!" Out of nowhere, the stone had lit up and started shocking me with energy and power, I could feel my body stretching and growing, it felt both painful and wonderful at the same time, even as the Vahki started blasting me with their stun staffs till I passed out...

...and yeah, that's pretty much how I became a Toa. 

@Unreliable Narrator @pokemonlover360 @Tarn

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 3

IC: Reliable Narrator | Elemental Ruins of Water

Skyra felt her change from matoran to toa all over again. She remembered so much and so clearly. 

So why did a lizard cling to the back of Jimatru while he ran?

Why did a lizard scuttle across the office floor when she went back that night?

Who cares, Skyra was awesome and totally showed she wasn't a coward.

So she was here now: stuck in a place of just white void with little rippling puddles under her feet. She kinda got the sense that maybe something was up. Something new and exciting. ANd yeah, maybe it was. Maybe it was the massive shadow underneath her that totally hinted at a rad mech waiting on the other side of all this weirdness.

So it was pretty cool that the weirdness ended quickly and Skyra stepped out the golden light into the chamber as Skyra NUVA, bathed in the light of Tren Krom.

OOC: @Tarn, @pokemonlover360, @Snelly congrats!

• Like 3

Happy chat.

"Then I suppose the sooner we get to Mi-Kiri, the sooner we get some answers."

Maybe it really was denial, since Knichou's words had done little to change her mind. She had wanted to discuss it more, but with so much happening the Fa-Toa was preoccupied with the more important situation of "saving the day." Once they reached the exit of the ruins, Nale turned to Knichou again. She gestured to her back. "So do I just think it, and the jetpack appears?"

IC: Triage and Rose (MC) - The Taku (Bridge)

Rose was still there. She returned to the bridge, excited by the new armor she now wore. She noticed that Triangl--no, that wasn't right. What was his name? Triad? Topiary? More words that start with T?

She shrugged at herself. The doc. He was sitting in the most important-looking seat, now. "Nice upgrade, Tri-Guy."

Sort-of ignoring Rose, the medic turned around his seat to face Berys, lifting his arms up in surprise. "Buttons? I almost--what are these for?"

@Snelly@BULiK

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Location - Irnakk’s Tooth

With - Whira

The Cube came to rest, allowing Whira and Cravious entry. Cravious ordered them west and so west they went. Cravious immediately got to work.

They spent a day traveling by land, carefully traversing what remained of the mountain range. Cravious had torn up every wall in the Cube from the base of the floor to three feet up. It turned out the inside was hollow, with many supporting struts and various large wires running throughout it, and that was just what had become visible. There was far more hidden behind the rest of the protosteel walls.

He installed the Levitation and Weight Increase machines directly up against the supporting struts on all sides, making sure they could still be accessed for when the discs ran dry, which was something he had figured out by how often Clash had Enlarged his meals, using up that disc.

The next day was spent traveling through what was left of the desert. If Cravious was concerned about the disappearing landscape, he didn’t show it. Instead he spent the day stewing in his anger and making the rest of the Levitation machines, wiring up all of them into the main control panel. After that it was a simple matter of putting back the wall panels.

That took him to their first destination.

Getting inside Debt Collector, Cravious grabbed the iron vat he had made a couple days before. As he descended the garage ramp to see the sea beyond, he smiled savagely, his nightmare abating slightly as his goal became more attainable. The water was tainted for sure. He took care not to touch the sea, even from inside his ACR, as he filled up the iron vat. When done, he secured the lid and took it back to the Cube. Step one, done.

As the garage ramp lifted up, several thunks rang out and the Cube started to float. No, to fly.

A propulsion engine lowered from its center and it headed north-northeast.

IC Katrin Nuva - ??? - Far Shore:

Kat sat up, the edges of her armor steaming, as she quickly took in unfamiliar surroundings and more importantly, unfamiliar beings, all huddled around her, chittering incoherently. They had wide eyes, and despite seeming biomechanical in nature, exuded an air of being completely alien. The room she found herself in was well lit, and the walls had all kinds of strange devices and displays on them.

"Uh…. Hello?" She offered carefully.

Several of the creatures took a step back, and the chittering increased. One creature pushed forward, holding a small cylindrical metal object, which it jabbed at Kat's arm. The Toa of Fire, already on edge, twisted away from him, and almost unbidden, her hands became wreathed in flame. This was evidently the wrong thing to do, as several more creatures pulled cylindrical objects out and rushed her. 

"Back off! I don't want to hurt you!" She warned, flames erupting from the floor around her, a defensive ring. 

The chittering grew in volume until it sounded like there was a horde of angry Nui-Rama in the room, and the lead creature pointed the cylinder at her, and a beam of energy enveloped her form, and before she knew it, Kat found herself laying on the ground again outside the Far Shore portal at Kini- Nui.

Or so it seemed.

IC: Skyra NUVA - Elemental Ruins of Water -

Skyra's now golden eyes looked around, mostly at her body. Her armor was like new, the same green and black, but with golden highlights decorating the edges. She flexed her muscles, they felt a bit stronger than before...and was she taller now? Nice, maybe she was at least average in height now. 

"Well...this feels pretty neat..." She touched her new NUVA mask, it felt oddly organic to the touch. "...I feel like I could really #### some #### up now." 

@Tarn @pokemonlover360 @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Vashni - The Taku -

Vashni nodded, seeing the war through his eyes firsthand had given her a better understanding of war than she had before. She glanced at Berys. "Don't worry, I'm not the type to push buttons if I don't know what they do." 

@Tarn @BULiK

• Like 2

IC: Jutori - Elemental Ruins of Water

Despite the pain he had just felt, Jutori forced himself to stand triumphantly. Steam rose from his new form, and he began to investigate for any changes. Jutori's hand touched his mask and he realized it had melded to his face. Was his face, now. Just like he had been warned of before. He turned to Kilo.

"It's...fine," he said, wincing. It wasn't. "I've dealt with a lot up to this point, I can take it."

Something told him that, despite his changes, he could still access the power of his Mahiki. He managed to walk over to the Kralhi and rummage through the lootpile himself, pulling the distinct shape of a Rau from it. Holding it at his side by the eyeholes, he turned to face the golden light behind him and take in Skyra NUVA's new form, raising an arm to protect his optics.

"Welcome...back."

@pokemonlover360@Snelly

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Location - Todbuk-Koro

With - Whira

They had found it.

Cravious had them set down well out of sight and set off on his own. The village was set up around one of the Ruins. It was dusty and noisy and yet also far less chaotic than any Skakdi settlement he had ever seen. There seemed to be some kind of crisis happening near the entrance to the Ruins. He ignored it.

Instead he found himself in the market. Every town large enough had one. This one was fairly quiet with all the other goings on in the village. He spotted what he wanted, though. A Vortixx surrounded by small bits of machinery and a couple manuals.

Cravious casually strolled up, wanting to make sure he controlled the situation. The Vortixx looked bored and quickly perked up when he saw Cravious.

Cravious nonchalantly looked through the wares, his insides jumping in delight as he spotted a “Kanoka Disc Crafting for Idiots: A complete guide for the aspiring forgemaster” manual. His optics lit up in joy only fleetingly. He huffed in disdain, flipping through a couple of the other manuals. Several of them were damaged in some way, many missing pieces or having had received water damage. He picked up the Kanoka manual and grimaced.

I’ll take this, though I don’t like its condition. You have a better one?

The Vortixx wrung his hands, “You’ll find that one to be in superb condition considering our predicament. New world and all that.” He smiled sheepishly.

Cravious frowned, “Still, I expect better, especially from a Vortixx.

The Vortixx looked a little pained at the statement, but he needed to make some widgets and smiled weakly, “I preserved it the best I could.” He stated the price.

Cravious laughed his harsh laugh, counter offering with a ridiculously low price.

The Vortixx wrung his hands again, far more vigorously this time. When he seemed like he was going to burst, he said, “Fine! Fine. But I don’t know how you knew it was only worth that. You don’t seem like a book connoisseur.

I’m not, normally. But sometimes you can’t strangle the information out of a Skakdi.” Cravious laughed and handed over the widgets. He paused, the hefty bag displaying the many widgets still within.

The Vortixx winced at the attempted joke, snatched the offered widgets, and looked at the bag with clear greed. “I-is there anything else I can help you with?

Cravious weighed the bag in his hand, as if he were contemplating his response. In truth, this was why he was really here. “Actually, would you like to test out a couple Kanohi for me? My vehicle is outside town. I’m a native Skakdi, you see, and I can imagine the kind of panic just rolling into town might cause.

The Vortixx nodded vigorously, “Yes, yes. I understand.” He looked to the bag, eager for its contents.

Cravious took out a generous amount and offered it to the Vortixx, “Half now, half after.

The Vortixx snatched them without hesitation, “Deal!

Observing Jutori’s choice of kanohi, the machine pulled an akaku and an additional rau from the pile, storing them in the compartments along its body. As Skyra emerged transformed, the mechanical enforcer walked over to where the air toa’s belongings had fallen and picked up one of the blocks of metal she had grabbed on the Taku before their departure. Upon picking it up, the block dispersed into nanites that spread themselves over the NUVA’s form.

Unknown code detected. Activating firewalls.

It looks like you’re attempting to install a set of adaptive armor. Would you like help?

The machine whacked itself in the head multiple times until the nanites settled down into thin film on its chassis. Both Skyra and Jutori seemed to be settled into their new forms, with Skyra as eager to go as always.

Once the administrator provides a destination, this unit and allies can provide assistance,” the NUVA said to its newly transformed counterparts.

• Like 1

Location - Todbuk-Koro

With - Whira

The Vortixx’s mouth was open with awe as he entered the Cube.

Cravious opened up and slid back the lid of the large iron vat as best he could, revealing the tainted contents within. He then produced two Kanohi, both of which were unknown to him. A quick read through the Kanoka manual on the walk over revealed they would either be Regeneration or Removes Poison. So perhaps not entirely unknown anymore.

The Vortixx took the two Kanohi, placing the first on his head. “So what am I testing out, exactly?” He glanced where Cravious had stowed away the widgets.

Cravious tapped the iron vat, “We’re seeing if we can cleanse this.

The Vortixx laughed, “Unlikely, but okay. As long as I get paid.” He focused on the liquid and activated his mask. Nothing appeared to happen. He stood there for several moments before shifting and shrugging.

Cravious grabbed a broken tool and motioned to it.

The Vortixx focused on it and the tool was almost immediately repaired, “Okay, this one is just Regeneration.” He put on the other mask. He paused, “Odd, I’ve never felt this power before. What is this?

Cravious motioned to the vat, “Removes Poison. Test it out.

The Vortixx chuckled, “Removes Poison just removes poison. It doesn’t remove impurities. That’s why no one makes masks out of it.

Cravious glared at him, “Do you want to get paid?

The Vortixx yelped and turned to the vat. He focused his attention on the tainted liquid and activated the mask.

Clash wandered over to see what was going on. No doubt Asperity was up above.

The Vortixx sighed, “See, it doesn- What?!

A portion of the liquid turned golden and pure.

Cravious smiled savagely, “Perfect. Now do the rest.” His theory was right. He could do it. He would do it.

The Vortixx nodded, trying to figure out why this was working. Slowly, bit by bit, the defiled became pure.

The Vortixx didn’t notice an intriguing development, but Cravious did. As the mask purified the vat’s contents, it was becoming tainted and cracked. Almost like it was taking on what it was cleansing. By the time the vat was completely pure, the Kanohi crumbled to dust, startling the Vortixx.

The Vortixx backed away slightly, confused, “Why? Wha-?

Cravious put the rest of the payment in the Vortixx’s hands and walked for the forge, calling back to Clash, “See him out.

The confused, yet monetarily satisfied Vortixx kept asking questions and Clash grabbed his arm and guided him out. Once he was successfully removed from the Cube, Clash closed the door, his continued questions cut short.

Sagacious initiated flight. The Cube started to move as Cravious carefully extracted a disc’s worth of Pure EP. He grabbed a Crystallized Nightmare, momentarily lost to its pain, then snapped back to himself. He growled at himself. There could be no distractions. He started forging a Kanoka of great import as the Cube left the village far behind.