Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

IC, Aurax: Metru-Koro Ruins

Aurax took a deep breath as he regained, no, was granted, control of his body once more. 

The Toa glared at Stannis. Wait, what had Knichou called him? Caedast

"I may be compelled to help you," he spat, "but just know that I will hate every second of it."

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @BULiK @Tarn @Snelly

IC, Atamai: Irnakk's Tooth

Finding nothing, Atamai decided to head back to the Great Temple. Malhukuraia marched back to where Atamai kept it chained up. The mech knelt down. Atamai's elemental power reshackled it. The cockpit opened and the NUVA hopped out. It had been a very long day,

As he made his way back to Kini-Nui, he spotted a crowd of people. Oh joy, another meeting, he thought to himself. As he got closer, he could see some familiar faces. Tuyet. Zataka, who looked a bit different from when he had last seen her. And Axonn. 

"Thief. I have come for you at last," he heard the titan say.

"Technically she's not the thief," Atamai called as he walked up to the group. "I am. And I am surprised you're still here, Axonn. You need to go home, back to your time."

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Eyru @Vezok's Friend @everyone else in kini-nui

IC: Exuze, Kini-Nui, Templeside

The scared lesterin sighed at the arrival of even more unknown beings who looked rather powerful.

"Anyone else gonna come out of tha woodwork?"

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

1 hour ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

Aurax took a deep breath as he regained, no, was granted, control of his body once more. The Toa glared at Stannis. Wait, what had Knichou called him? Caedast

"I may be compelled to help you," he spat, "but just know that I will hate every second of it."

IC Stannis | Metru Koro Ruins

The Wanderer smiled thinly at the king and shrugged off the corrosive vitriol like a light rain in the summer. "You have abominated me from the very start, Once-friend, even though I have never so much as even detested you. The time has come for me to collect on your word to me—but this bond is of your own making, not of magic.

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 1

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro Ruins ("Datrox Plaza")

Nale did not return Knichou's gaze, instead transfixed on the form of Stannis and the legendary mask he now wore--or Caedast, as her partner had called the Aspect. Nale couldn't form the name on her tongue, too used to calling the being before them by the name she had always known him by.

She was conflicted, in a way she never had been before. But she was not going to look to Knichou, or Stannis, or anyone for guidance here. Nale no longer knew what to think of him. Hiding his true form from her had already affected her trust in Stannis, and it left her shaken on what to do next. But time was ticking. Her lips kept parting, like she was going to speak and answer the Aspect, but nothing was coming out. Her adaptive armor was just as confused by what she was feeling, not knowing whether to prepare itself for battle or relax for an ally. Her fists tightened. But her optics didn't leave the form of Stannis.

"...and what would you have us do, then?"

It was no agreement. Not yet.

@BULiK@~Xemnas~@EmperorWhenua

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro Ruins, Datrox Plaza

Aurax was no longer being puppeted, but the toa of plasma was no less a tool. At the very least, Knichou knew he and Aurax were on the same page. Knichou promised the false barraki that there was a way out, but it was unclear whether it was possible for Aurax to take it, or if Caedast's control was already far too complete to allow that to happen.

When he turned his head, Knichou saw a focused Nale. The severity with which she spoke was more than enough proof that she could no longer deny the truth in front of her, and her remarkably calm determination was an excellent reminder of how best to proceed. She got Knichou to Aurax, after all, maybe there was common ground to be found with Caedast as well? At the very least, they needed more information to truly gauge the Aspect's plans before they could continue. Knichou had many questions, but perhaps it was best to let Caedast answer as many as she could before saying anything potentially accusatory.

Knichou steadied his breathing and stood firm, still visibly on edge. Another pair of optics turned to study Caedast's next move.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Tekmo, Waveahk and Ostrox (Kumu Peninsula, Antidermis Caldera) - The Place Where Evil Grows

"AAAAAAAAARGH! GGGGRMPHHHH..." Some days, it simply didn’t pay to get out of bed. Waveahk clutched his arm as the creature inside writhed and convulsed. Tekmo looked at him with genuine concern. Ostrox looked, but didn’t seem to show any emotion. Apart from frustration and impatience.

"A conspicuous lack of decayed old men - look, we don’t have time for this. Mata Nui is coming back, and we need to find a way to destroy him before he regains full power. Otherwise, we’ll all become his mind-controlled slaves for the rest of eternity... those who have minds to enslave, anyway."

@Unreliable Narrator@Void Emissary@EmperorWhenua@TL01 NUVA@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Ulkarr, Enra, Gnabol, Lawful, Obedient, Impressionable and Wayward (Tobduk-Koro, Forge of Vakama, Exterior) - Bird Sighting

"Your bike is here." Lawful drew Komisti’s attention towards his vehicle, having taken it out of storage earlier. "It does not have sufficient capacity to transport us all to Irrnak’s Tooth. We shall travel to Kini-Koro via the portal network and acquire an airship for use."

"That, uh... won’t be necessary, I think. Look over ’ere." Enra said, looking into the distance with her telescopic vision, pointing towards the Taku as it came into sight above the village. "Think we can hitch a ride? There’s no reason why we shouldn’t be able to, right? Once we explain what’s going on-"

"That will depend on whether or not its captain is... agreeable." Enra shrugged, and tried to get the ship’s attention regardless, by flapping her arms around.

@Harvali@BULiK

IC: Forgemaster Viltia NUVA - Toa NUVA of the Green

Location - Kini-Nui, near the Airship

With - Zataka, Tuyet, Exuze, Axxon, Atamai

Viltia nodded along to the story. It sounded like it would have been quite a sad tale if told in its entirety. She yearned to hold and comfort yet another broken star. This whole world was so sad. She needed to save it and then help everyone.

Zataka switched topics and asked about her being a Forgemaster.

Viltia shrugged and thought back, Well, I only really know how to make a couple tools, so I’m not quite a master of all things forging. Mostly I forge Kanoka and craft Kanohi. I’d like to think I’ve gotten pretty good at it. I’ve even made a couple Great Discs and one Legendary Kanohi from one of those Great Discs. I’m so pumped that I figured that out. It’s so cool! To find out something isn’t just legend and then to go even further with the possibilities provided by this island and make that legendary thing is just so awesome.

Viltia shifted, looking to Axxon as he approached. She was maybe running out of time to talk. She needed to be a little more direct and stop any meandering. She continued, But really the whole Forgemaster thing is a title from the Suvas around this island. It’s something that took me forever to unlock. That’s its own story. Basically it lets me use the Suva as a forge to make whatever I want, even Silver and Golden Kanohi. I could make one for you if you have any extra Kanohi.

And then Axxon spoke, his words ringing true to the power of Truth that flowed through her. The Ga-Toa here was a thief in the large, deformed being’s mind. Whether that meant she actually was a thief or not was still up for debate.

A beacon of silver and iron strode up, golden optics gleaming. Atamai NUVA. Viltia could sense he was a Toa NUVA through her Kraata, so it was no illusion. It was a unique feeling to sense another NUVA. Even though it wasn’t Sidra, just being a NUVA seemed to cause her to feel a kind of kinship to him. She wondered if that was just her or something more.

He spoke, voice oddly devoid of emotion. His words were also true though, which surprised her when he mentioned that Axxon wasn’t from this time. She knew time was wonky since getting to this island, but this seemed like something more. Just what had she walked into?

The Lesterin, whatever that species was, spoke up afterwards. Viltia wouldn’t have paid him much mind with his flippant comment, but he mentioned woodwork and that got her thinking about more than just the conversation she was having with Zataka. It made her think of the Makoki Stones and of Le-Metru Nuva. Of future growth.

Viltia looked around the valley, noting a significant change from when she had just looked at it earlier. She spoke to the Lesterin, voice slightly energetic and full of compassion but also a little melodic in a weird way, “Maybe, precious star. Another NUVA portal just opened. Somebody may be coming to unlock their Kaita mech soon.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @BULiK @Unreliable Narrator @Eyru @~Xemnas~

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Axxon, Tuakana | Kini-Nui

Axxon turned baleful eyes to Atamai. The toa's form had changed, but his rode confirmed that he spoke the truth. The titan's jaw clenched as he catalogued each upgrade and saw it for what it was. The golden eyes, the added height (though still shorter than Axxon, he now stood a full head taller than any of the other toa), the silver armour— there could only be one explanation for such a transformation.

"NUVA," he whispered. So this fool had doomed all of reality for the chance to grab at power. He was a thief through and through, and now he walked upon this sacred ground like he owned it. Like he was a hero. Nothing could be further from the truth.

"Tell them what you are," Axxon commanded, each word ringing clear and cold. His mutated kanohi glowed slightly, cursing Atamai and Tuyet to speak only the truth. "Tell them where the Great Disks came from. Tell them why time itself unravels, and why this world is splitting at the seams."

• Like 3

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

”I am Atamai NUVA, chosen pilot of Kaita ACR Malhukuraia. The Great Disks came from the past, before the Builders left in Mata Nui’s Ark. Tuyet took me there. I took them from then-Forgemaster Dume. I do not believe that taking the Disks is what is causing time to unravel.”

OOC: @Eyru @Unreliable Narrator @everyone else in kini 

• Like 3

IC Kanohi - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi hammered and shaped the metal, forging it into a shape not dissimilar to a single stalk of a cactus. As the metal hardened he stuck it back into the flames, and focused on the corner of his vision. Knichou’s upgrade to his mask had added a bit of a clock, Kanohi might not have the instinct for knowing when to remove the metal, but he had aids to help him.

He pulled it out and resumed beating it. This mace would have the power of weakening, a fairly high power of it. Blades were … he was no good at them, making them sharp and thin, stretching the metal bare. But something thick and blunt, he was more capable of that.

Finally he spoke up, “I-I am ready.” Sucordak nodded and brought over the handle, and they locked it in. These weapons were easier now, disregarding the weapons given to Komisti’s group, the village now had four Kanoka Blades, two to remove poison, two to weaken armor. Not many, but enough to do some good. 

When Councilor NU returned, he would give her the mace of weakening. He had his Kiril Staff, she needed a badge of office too, a “Jutlin Mace.”

I cannot stay much longer,” warned Kanohi, “I need to walk among the village, try to remove their poison. I can’t imagine a few disks will be able to help all of the refugees.

Try to find Vulimai while you are there, we could use her help organizing the crowd.” Kanohi nodded, bowing low, before switching places with Sucordak to forge another weapon. 

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui

IC “Komisti” - Kini-Koro

Komisti nodded, walking over to their old vehicle. They hooking their new Kanoka Blade besides their old one, before they gripped the handles but did not slid on, they intended to walk with it beside them, carrying it while they kept pace when the group. And speaking of the group…

They cleared their throat, gesturing their head to the Kanoka Blade whose ‘blade’ resembled a wooden club. They spoke, “Councilor Kanohi has donated two Kanoka Blades for our task, one to remove the poisons of the Riteborn, one for weakening armor.” They then gestured to the Big Bruiser, still holding the dagger. 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran stared in awe. A mask that was alive? That could even think? Even her illuminated mask lacked that power, that gift. And to hold the power of life itself? This … this could be what Sorilax needs. What she needs. And if it had power over life, was that how it would delete the Matoran? Drain the life from them? 

Ignika,” she said finally, “You should realize by now, my memory has decayed over the millennia. I did not realize you were the Mask of Life. I … I only have faint memories of stories of such a mask, I do not remember your power. I can tell however that you are far out of my league, but I … would you mind telling us of your life? I worry now that me and Sorilax have been tricked. Toa Kas did just pull a gun on us.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Korruhn, Kumu Peninsula

Korruhn's head slowly turned from the bug-man flying off into the sunset, to the newcomer. He sensed her presence a moment ago, staring into his soul from afar. But he could not place who it was, at least until the ACR followed his head and turned to face her: Sidra. The Toa looked less than worse-for-wear, at least physically. She carried herself in a different manner; there was a different tone to her voice. And then the brief glimmer of sun through the clouds cast it's ray across Sidra's armor.

Korruhn's eyes, now fading to grey from the intense ice-blue they used to be, widened. The golden gleam. Nuva. The Void-Touched vented air through his nostrils, pitching black shadow smoke from them. Hide it as he might, Korruhn felt the envy boil up his chest like water in a hot kettle. Here he stood, cloaked in darkness, wrapped in Taboo, and surrounded by denizens of the dark, while this... thing before him claimed the glory that all those who had gathered in Dume's office had hoped to achieve. It was the final, cruel joke from this wasteland world.

"I had heard a rumour that you'd gone back to the temple," Korruhn said to the Toa Nuva. He still didn't trust her. "Now I see it to be true. Sadly, I've already emptied this one behind me."

Korruhn paced in his armour, side to side, not getting any closer to the Toa Nuva. He didn't trust her. But, if she had Nuva already, why was she here? The Toa adjusted the corpse of Grime on his shoulder. He turned back to Sidra again.

"Now, why are you here? I'm trying to bury my friend in peace."

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy

• Like 1

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: Sidra - Kumu Peninsula

"I was looking for Stannis, actually. I thought I sensed him for a moment, but... not anymore." She heard how powerful Aspects could use shadows to travel, much the way she did. But if Stannis was gone, how the karz was she going to find him again. "He ran off with a Makoki Stone, and I heard you were given another."

@Crimson Jester

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Korruhn, Kumu Peninsula

Korruhn chuckled at the thought. Everyone seemed to be looking for Stannis; yet he always seemed to appear for Korruhn. His sudden absence was now a bit more entertaining.

"Stannis does as he wills; I couldn't tell you where he is," Korruhn replied. "You'd think a Nuva would have no troubles tracking an Aspect, but alas!"

The Toa pondered a moment. As far as he was concerned, Sidra was an agent of chaos, an anomaly unaffiliated with Korruhn's kind, and yet now walking the path. She had the Nuva, now what did she want with the stones? Korruhn would play along, but he wasn't feeding Sidra another handoff. This task was his alone. "He did run off with one, yes. Said he knows where to find more. What's it to you? Who sent you here?"

• Like 2

"Nuju sent me. We need to find the rest of the Makoki Stones and get them to Kini-Nui," she said. "I don't suppose the guy who gave you yours offered any hints on where the rest are?"

@Crimson Jester

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Varian - Metru-koro Ruins -

Varian felt something he hadn't felt in a long time, an emotion he had nearly forgotten, fear. As soon as Stannis had manifested that was what struck the exo-toa's non-existent heart. He felt himself take a step back as his electro-rocket arm aimed it self towards the aspect. 

"What sort of sorcery is this..." He wasn't exactly sure who this newcomer was but he was now quite on edge, and it seemed the others were having similar reactions. 

@Tarn @BULiK @EmperorWhenua @~Xemnas~

IC: Vashni - The Taku -

"Careful Triage, the pushing of buttons is a very big responsibility." 

@Tarn @BULiK

IC: Skyra NUVA - Elemental Ruins of Water -

Skyra grinned at Jutori. "Thanks, glad to be here!" She gave a thumbs up. She nodded at Kilo as he explained they were waiting for the admin guy to tell them where to go so they could help with...whatever problem the disembodied voice had. 

Skyra tapped her foot as she waited. "So I don't want to seem like I'm impatient or anything...but I like...have to things to do, like get my mech you know? Yo admin guy start talking already!" She went to reach for her Midak Skyblaster, but as she did she realized it would be kind of hard to hit someone who didn't have a body.

"Dang it, you got me...this time..." 

@Tarn @pokemonlover360 @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 2

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

The Toa chuckled heartily at the name. "Nuju?! Of all people! You know, I had the opportunity to peruse his office once on Metru Nui; you should see the things he has! Not quite the man I expected him to be." Korruhn was eager to lay Grime to rest, but he was intrigued. What did Sidra want with these stones? If they're where they're supposed to be, why didn't Nuju tell Sidra? Unless he doesn't know.

"I'm a cartographer, Sidra Nuva. If I don't know where they are, I will find out.

"What do you intend do do with them?"

• Like 2

"The Stones were originally part of a Sphere, created by some Toa eons ago," she explained, relaxing somewhat given that Korruhn seemed interested rather than hostile. "If we reassemble the Sphere in Kini-Nui, it'll realign the planes and hopefully bring us a lot closer to undoing this whole collapsing paradox thing we're stuck in. Supposedly."

@Crimson Jester

• Like 1

"And Nuju told you this, did he?" Korruhn's interest piqued. Only one of Nuju and Icarax were correct, and it was likely to presume that either one is feeding info to the other, or they're both receiving it from the same source. He recalled the taboos in Nuju's office. He knew of the Aspects, whether he acquired the Taboos through research or direct contact. What if Nuju was somehow working for them? Directing the hunt for the Makoki Stones to help Icarax and co. escape, with promise of his own safety should he follow through. Would explain why he ended up in the Far Shore. Or perhaps he was preventing them from getting their hands on them? Who knew.

In the back of Korruhn's mind, the pained voice of the Abomination of Ko-Metru rang out. Nuju, no! He hadn't been able to shake it since that day. What exactly did Nuju do to that poor soul before he breathed his last? He needed to know. His arm, his sickness, the Far Shore. It all linked back to Nuju.

"I'd take that outcome with a grain of salt. I heard of a vastly different function for this device; not nearly as much of a storybook ending," Korruhn said. He eyed up the Toa Nuva, and her massive ACR behind her. A fight would do him no good this day; and it seemed fate had aligned he and Sidra's goals in the meantime. He could feel his envy and rage every time he saw her Nuva upgrades glint in the sun. But if she could help get him the Stones...

"Look. I don't trust Nuju as far as I can throw him, and I'm wearing a Pakari," he continued. "Did you ever ask him why he's in the Far Shore?"

• Like 4

Wait, Atamai stole Great Discs? That… that wasn’t right at all. And now Time was unraveling, not just being wonky? That was horrible. But maybe she could help. Maybe she could make the six Great Discs of legend for this guy and they all get sent back, fixing everything. That might work.

If only she had more Vuata Maca Crystals.

So many emotions rolled around Viltia’s head as she tried to understand. Tuyet, presumably the Ga-Toa, could time travel? Was there a Legendary Mask of Time? No. Tuyet seemed to have a normal Kanohi, not at all legendary. It’s form was good, but not great and definitely not masterful. So it was an innate power? Either way, that was an insane kind of power to have, and she would know.

Her worry for Le-Metru Nuva mounted. She flashed a look to Zataka. Zataka seemed sincere in wanting not to be defined as a Rite-born. That was good enough for Viltia.

Her mind made up, she created two small wooden cards in her hand, text carved into them. With a simple thought and the activating of one of her innate powers, two Time Duplicates appeared. They momentarily took in the situation then grabbed the wooden cards, taking time to read them. The first one nodded in agreement and teleported away. The second one seemed slightly confused, but then she shrugged and teleported away as well.

IC: Past Viltia #1 - Toa NUVA of the Green

Location - Le-Metru Nuva

As she flew she grew concerned. Even more of the island had disappeared since she last checked like an hour ago. Time was running increasingly short. Which made her mission even more important. Past Viltia #1 checked her wooden card again.

It read, “Make sure Le-Metru Nuva is safe. Need six more Vuata Maca Crystals. Try to cleanse the Vuata Maca Tree somehow to get a lot at once. Help Sorilax if he’s there and needs something. Then bring back more protodermis ore for our pack.”

That was a puzzle right there. She had spent a month trying to keep the Vuata Maca Tree as healthy as possible, purifying the defiled EP around it and making sure it had proper sun and shade. The only time it had given another crystal was when they had cleaned and re-routed that stream to run by the tree. How could she even get one more crystal, let alone six more?

Well, time was of the essence. Past Viltia spotted the part of the Fau Swamp that was extremely familiar and teleported. The foliage parted to let her pass as she gently floated down. The Kahu noticed her and squawked out a hello. She smiled and waved back at it.

The village was quietly bustling as her tethers brought her in for a graceful landing. Everyone was out and about working, slowly gearing down as lunch was about to arrive within the hour. Viltia got a ton of waves and a couple surprised looks at her new height and appearance.

A familiar chorus of “Pok-pok-pok” rang out in the distance and many insects were buzzing out their own songs. The light under the canopy was scarce, but an abundance of lightstones now lined the various bridges, platforms, and huts that sprawled through the branches of a couple giant trees. It was beautiful. It was home.

Wing was nowhere to be seen, nor was Torch. Beruv was probably down working in the forging hut. She spotted Spark being forced to clean up his technological junk from one of the tables where everyone ate. He spotted her and flashed a smile, opening his mouth to speak.

She quickly held up a finger to stop him, “I’m a Time Duplicate.

His smile dropped, “Awwww. There were so many things I wanted to tell you.” He pouted for a moment and then his grin returned, “Well, it’s good to see you anyway. It looks like you finally got NUVA.

Past Viltia #1 smiled and nodded.

Spark picked up the small wooden crate he had put his stuff in and started walking with Viltia in tow, “Lookin’ good. Very flower-y. Well, I suppose you’re here to check up on us, then. So far so good. We haven’t had any attacks we couldn’t handle and every time more defiled energized protodermis shows up, we cleanse it and bottle it. We’ve got quite the store of the stuff now. We’ll need you to make more Great Kanohi of Removes Poison soon.”

Viltia thought about that. Pure EP had transformed her and then later brought her back to life. It had healed and improved Mazor. The grass of the valley had even been refreshed anew and brought back to perfect health.

Maybe that was the answer to her problem.

IC: Past Viltia #2 - Toa NUVA of the Green

Location - Kini-Nui, Amaja Circle

Past Viltia #2 stood in the sand of the Amaja Circle, confused by the wooden card she held in her hands.

“Go to the Kini-Nui Amaja Circle. Switch out the Muaka’s Optic for the Opal,” the card read.

It didn’t make sense. Past Viltia could sense two Rite-born nearby. It was already odd that they weren’t attacking. And now present her wanted them to be able to run away? It didn’t make sense.

But she trusted herself to make the right decision. So she scooped up the Muaka’s Optic, setting it in its place outside of the circle. Then she grabbed the Opal, speaking as she placed it within, “The Past Forgemaster NUVA swapped out the protective stones, working the plan of her present self. To what end this would help the stars, no one could say.

She teleported to herself, relaying what she had done with her own wooden card, soon dismissed back to the past.

OOC: The Kini-Nui Amaja Circle has had the Muaka's Eye removed and replaced with the Opal.

IC: Voracious - Zivon

Location - Irnakk’s Tooth

The weird feeling of being trapped was gone. Voracious no longer had to hide amid the ash and obsidian. He slipped into the Realm of Nightmares.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Crimson Jester said:

"Look. I don't trust Nuju as far as I can throw him, and I'm wearing a Pakari," he continued. "Did you ever ask him why he's in the Far Shore?"

"Because he's dead. He got splattered by Mata Nui while he was helping the League try to use the Krom Sphere to trap him," she replied. "I've had the misfortune of meeting Mata Nui twice now, and after what I've seen I don't doubt for a second that Nuju was telling the truth about what went down between them."

Still... she didn't exactly trust Nuju. He was trapped between life and death, unable to go anywhere or do anything except speak. She knew if she were in the same situation she'd say whatever she had to in order to get what she wanted... and if Nuju was deceiving her in any way, she needed to know. 

"But if you think Nuju's lying about something, I'm all ears."

@Crimson Jester 

• Like 2

IC: Past Viltia #1 - Toa NUVA of the Green

Location - Le-Metru Nuva

Past Viltia #1 bid farewell to Spark as he took his things to his hut. She kept walking, over bridges and using her tethers to take a couple shortcuts over open air. The millions of insects in the Life Kraata’s sensing range were a beautiful backdrop in her mind. The power had this awesome way of tuning out the mundane masses to focus on the extraordinary individuals. It was something she appreciated a lot, because trying to make sense of an unknowable amount of insects would probably fry her brain. And she didn’t want to have to turn off the power, either. It helped her feel so connected to the world around her.

And there were more nuanced layers to it as well. Varying degrees of range and of intensity. Like with the Rahi around the village, when she wasn’t focused on them, they were in a layer behind the many species that lived in the village itself. Layer upon layer, yet never overwhelming. Instead she felt like she was finally truly one with the world. With Life itself.

She had arrived. The hut was slightly larger than others in the village in the trees, but it looked exactly the same as many others. It was made of unpainted wood, grown from either herself or the Matoran with the Green as a Rhotuka power. It’s nondescript appearance didn’t really display properly the purifying power it contained.

Past Viltia stepped inside to see rows upon rows of canisters, all gathered from what she had purified below. It was a true treasure trove. And the swamp kept on giving them more to purify as this whole island slowly decayed away. She sure hoped their trees would remain strong.

Speaking of trees, it was time to see if her theory was right. Past Viltia grabbed a canister, thought about it, then grabbed another.

A short tether ride through the treetops later and she was before the Vuata Maca Tree. It was still as wondrous as the night she had first cleansed it. It stood stall, though it was dwarfed by the hundred foot trees that surrounded the small clearing it was in. Its fruit glowed a light, greenish white that spoke to the energy they contained.

Past Viltia activated her NUVA Mask of Possibilities, focusing on the thought of a hundred Vuata Maca Crystals forming. She went overkill in number to try to get as many as possible. Hopefully. She wasn’t quite sure how the mask worked exactly.

She opened one of the canisters and carefully poured pure EP over where the roots of the tree were below the ground. That done, she had her tethers lift her up and she opened the second canister. This one she poured over where the cluster of branches diverged, as close to its base as she could, making sure to leave enough to pour all around its trunk where it wasn’t touched from the previous maneuver.

Once she was done, she pulled back and observed the Vuata Maca Tree, trying to focus on her mask power as much as she could.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator or @Eyru  Past Viltia #1 is attempting to use pure energized protodermis to cleanse the Vuata Maca Tree to the point where it produces a ton of Vuata Maca Crystals. While she does this, she has her mask of Possibilities powered on.

• Like 1

Musical Thematic

IC Stannis | Ruins of Metru Koro

"What is it you want?" Aurax asked.

"...and what would you have us do, then?" Nale inquired.

Knichou [breathed firmly]

They each wanted to know what was being asked of them before committing to a cause and pleaded from their hearts, minds, and consciences to understand what they were witnessing. Nothing was what they expected it to be anymore and the expectations each of the toa previously held were thoroughly defenestrated; a mentor had been turned to a pariah, a personal hero into a pretender, and a loathed enemy into a placating diplomat. Stannis had upended the story they told themselves and tossed it in their faces. He'd hoped to give example of his power and strength, but there had been another effect on those gathered: By revealing himself as he had he utterly invalidated all their greatest concerns. 

Most notably was Knichou, who had been thrust into a deep speechless list. The engineer had come prepared to deal with his supposed greatest enemy and was girded with an ill-prepared fraction of knowledge granted by the blathering Sorilax, but when Stannis revealed himself presently all his pride had melted like beeswax to a flame and the iconic villain image he'd imagined Aurax to be withered away to a pitiful pawn. It had not been Stannis' intention, but it was the result of their petty squabbles and the rose tinted lenses they saw the world through. They did not realize there was no such thing as good or evil, no such thing as heroes and villains, the Legend was not about them as individuals, and they were all the protagonists in a grander story? The world was not how they thought it was; the tapestry of time was woven with strings of Fate that bound them all together. They all had such immense powers of will... if they just shed their internalized dogma and worked as one.

If they just had... the right Knowledge...

"Friends, Once-friend, moments ago I would have told you once again to 'Wait, and one day I will tell you,' but that is the case no more. After all these years chasing this moment, it is now the time for me to give you answers."

The Kanohi Avohkii was the key to this moment that he needed, though he wished it were not so, for while the Avohkii had the power to spread understanding and spiritual empathy to the people around them it came at a great price to Stannis himself to wield. Had he been a lesser Aspect of Makuta he would have become overwhelmed by its power that counteracted his own nature and abilities, and it was only through his sheer dedication of single-minded will and personal strength of character that he could sustain its presence. Even so, his Shadow abilities were dwindled by the mask, and every inch of his battered and tormented body ached with the intensity of a thousand needles. He would have preferred to be stabbed ten score a thousand times by the Kestora of his alter ego's dimension in the Far Shore to the throbbing agony the Avohkii gave him now, but it was not a trade he could make. As it had been the case all his existence, so it remained then: Advancement in his quest was only able to be obtained by selfless sacrifice and incredible suffering. This was the same body that had struck at Toa Laryna at the cost of purity of purpose.

The body that stood on the broiler-hot shoresof Odina as the League's War began.
The body that had been flagellated by a hundred whips while in captivity under Kalmah.
The body that had been hurled off a cliff and left to rot on the rocky shores of the Southern Continent.
The body that had taken Warlord Pridak's sword so that others may deliver the finishing blow to the shark king.
The body that that had flung itself at problem after issue after malady to stave off other people's deaths and destruction.
The body that had stared into the corrosive darkness of Karzahni to liberate a group of insurgents struggling against Death.
The body that was torn to pieces by the energy hounds that guarded the Pit as he sought to uncover the hiding places of Mata-Nui.

He suffered so that there could be no more suffering, always and forever. And he did it for everyone... because it was what everyone wished for.  Their wishes made him need to succeed in a cycle of destiny he could not escape from alone. With the company of other Aspects of Change and Unbound Possibilities such as cousins Whisper and Parnassus he sought to end their collective connection to the cycles of Antidermis and whims of the Builder's wishes, but beyond that he hoped to be able to sever his dependency on the Matoran's superstitions, but even moreso it was his whole nature to end the mysteries of existence once and for all. 

He winced, the corners of his mouth quivered once, and a shaky hand trembled on the shaft of his spear for a second, and then he regained outward composure again, temporary though it was.  "I will... show you the truth..." he managed to say at last, "of how things are, and all that has been unknown will be known," he said. 

The light around everyone in the meeting began to brighten tenfold as the Avohkii's illuminating energies consumed the party. Like a burden lifted from their shoulders they sighed as one empathetic nucleus, and the worries and anxieties they once were banalized by simply dissolved, and in the wake of that they felt enlightened and clear of mind. Their cognitive dissonance was dissipated in an instant, preconceived notions about themselves, each other, and the wizard evaporated like dew in the sun, and the faith they had in any greater power was condensed to fact rather than embellished fiction. 

They saw the world and everything in it the way Stannis had, and then the way Caedast did, in all the labyrinthine complexity that only the Aspect of Knowledge and Control could provide but with crystalline clarity more intuitive than a memory crystal's databank. They saw the waxing and waning of the Legend as it passed from Cycle to Cycle and the torment of wars and peace that transpired over history. Conflict and disparity was fomented by superstitions and zealotry created by ignorance. Libraries were burned out of vitriolic desperation and institutions were torn to foundations from the Builder's ill-begotten desires. Aspects of various kinds came and went, assuming godhood and carving out their domains in Time, each one disintegrating eventually as all things inevitably returned to the Time Between Time until all that was left was a new beginning, right where everyone left off before. Cycle after cycle was rife with the same: With ignorance, iconoclasm, and superstition. 

And Caedast sought to stop it all.

Caedast was the deliverance they truly needed. 

Give Caedast the great Legend. Seize the Tapestry of Time. The Loom of Fates. Give Caedast the role of presiding at the cruz of all things past present and future, so that he could banish confusion and ensure that this cycle... was the last one with suffering and ignorance. 

No more whys or what happeneds. No more ignorance of the unknown. No more wars for Death's sake.

Deliverance. Control over their own futures. 

It was what everyone truly desired, and it was what Stannis offered. He prayed they didn't refuse.

The light died down, leaving another stunned silence over the group as they stood on the desolate former settlement's wasteland... and the wizard who stood trembling as every antidermis molecule in him screamed out of agonizing torment. 

@~Xemnas~ @BULiK @Tarn

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 6

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro Ruins ("Datrox Plaza")

"I see," was all Nale could manage to say, bathed in the light of the Avohkii. Given understanding by its rays. Enlightenment. It was like the sunshine after a storm, cutting through the dark clouds and revealing blue sky. A weight had been lifted off of her in the moment. Her past didn't matter, the now did.

The world had to be healed.

The Aspect before her, her perception of him, would never be the same. But that was because she had seen reality, unhindered by personal views. Truth. Any indecisiveness she had towards him was gone. Her adaptive armor finally relaxed, resting against the familar form of the Toa of Magnetism. The Avohkii's light faded. "So this is how we fix the world. And make sure the world doesn't have to be fixed again."

@BULiK@~Xemnas~@EmperorWhenua

• Like 4

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Axxon, Tuakana | Kini-Nui

"You don't believe," Axxon growled. His fist tightened around the haft of his axe until each finger's joint squeaked. He took a single lumbering step towards Atamai. "We are a long way past belief. You have committed treason against the Grand Builders, and are guilty by your own admission. The blood of your people is on your hands."

"Hold up there, big guy," Tuyet began, raising both hands in a universal let's everybody cool down kind of gesture. "This island is its own problem, right? Nothing to do with you. Like, you don't even need to be here. Let me just send you back to your own time, and—"

"Return empty-handed while you keep the Disks for yourself? I will not suffer the indignity. Without those disks, my time is as doomed as yours."

Tuyet rolled her eyes. "I'm sure you can, like, make more. Anyway, I'm done talking." She stepped forward and reached out as if to grab Axxon by the arm—

"Do not touch me, witch," the titan spat, jerking his arm back. He could feel each muscle in his body quivering with rage. "Your crimes hang from your neck, plain for all to see. You eluded justice once. I will not let you do it again."

OOC: pause to allow others to chime in.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kini-Nui

Zataka's presence at the Kini-Nui did not go unnoticed. The two Kaita ACRs nearby began to strain at their bonds like hungry dogs at the smell of food. They had been designed and built for one purpose and one purpose alone: to hunt riteborn. Now one stood at the very threshold of their birthplace, and their pilots hoped they would ignore it? The urge could be resisted for a while, but not forever. Each titanic machine groaned quietly and vented steam as it jostled against its restraints.

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Kal the Guardian your mechs are getting restless.

• Like 2

"You-you met Mata Nui?" Try as he might to stifle it, he slipped up; his words hung in his mouth at the thought of this Toa meeting the Great Spirit himself, twice. Envy was a truly terrible pain to mask, among all the other horrible feelings he felt today. He felt the dead arm of Grime roll down his shoulder as he shifted positions.

"Nuju is using you. He wants those Stones so he can get out of that mess he finds himself in," Korruhn paused, drawing a breath. "I'm going to be frank, with you, Sidra. I do not know you, and I do not like you. As far as I'm concerned, the power of the Nuva should be flowing through my veins. That was my shot to save my people.

But, it seems like the universe finds away, doesn't it? Because today, it seems that our paths have converged once again. So, I have a proposal." Korruhn turned his body to the shoreline, looking off to the horizon.

"I will get the Makoki Stones I know of. But I will be going alone. You have had your day, Sidra Nuva; and now it is mine. Go find Stannis, and I will meet you at the Kini-Nui. 

What do you say?"

Edited by Crimson Jester
  • Like 3

Whoa, things were kind of heating up. It seemed this axe guy was kind of angry. And by “kind of” she meant “really”. Which, well, she somewhat understood. She didn’t like the sound of the past having something horrible happen to it because of time travel. That wasn’t right.

Viltia spoke up, oddly melodic voice trying to get the large being’s attention, “Hey, I know how to make Great Discs. Do you think if I made duplicates of what these guys stole that it would fix the past?

=---------=

Twekohui would find that trying to move at all in the completely encapsulating block of dried ironwood Viltia had left behind would be next to impossible. The way the wood filled the entire bunker and sealed around his form completely removed any leverage he might have to try and break out of the hard substance. It would be like trying to lift up a steel beam in a destroyed building while you were laying down, pinned under it… and the beam was completely covered in debris.

OOC: @Eyru

• Like 3

A half-dozen quips and comebacks barreled through Sidra's brain, eager to be unleashed. Taunts about jealousy and selfishness, jibes about unity being a virtue, but she held them back. If Korruhn was already intending to take his Makoki Stone to Kini-Nui, there was no need to discourage him from that course by irritating him.

"Sure, whatever," she said, shrugging. "I've already got Knichou spreading the word and helping with the search. One more pair of hands certainly isn't going to hurt our chances. Any idea where Stannis might have gone, or who might know where to find him?" 

@Crimson Jester

• Like 2

Knichou's adaptive armor tinted his kanohi's visor to protect his optics from the flash, but the reflex was futile. The rays pierced past all perception, washing out the worries of his mind in a blinding spectable. Knichou's armor sagged, like it was a chocolate bar that was beginning to melt in desert sunlight. All was understood, trust and verification were unnecessary in the presence of Truth, and so it was that Knichou's shield against the world he feared was rendered purposeless and sluggish.

Knichou looked upon the quaking shell of a toa before him and saw the truth of the eventuality he always fought for, but knew deep in his heartlight that he could never bring to pass himself.

Nynrah's Ghost observed Caedast and saw a Toa who wasn't. He saw someone of a dying breed of flawed creators who worked their magic alone. One whose people traded in secrets, indulging the desires of others by bringing their wishes to reality, regardless of any unforeseen consequences, and rarely through cooperation amongst their own. He saw a Toa without a home, a stranger who wandered throughout foreign lands after their own was annihilated. He saw a survivor trying to end their war, prepared to ravage oneself with their own legendary power in the ultimate sacrifice in the hope it would save all others.

Knichou finally truly understood why he would have never succeeded in his quest to use the powers of time to end the great war. The young Toa had wished to sacrifice himself to the flow of time because he couldn't trust anyone else to not make those decisions selfishly. He knew this was always a hypocritical stance, but justified it by being the best option he could guarantee, and because he feared ceding control to another. Knichou could have spent a trillion lifetimes searching for the best outcome to the great war, but they would all be flawed, for Knichou was as flawed and as selfish as the next being in Dume's office. Except Caedast.

She was different - she was a unfathomably complex, self correcting machine, amalgamated to grant the wishes of all who dared to hope for a better future. Caedast could assume control of all and shape reality to her will, but it would not be the same as before. Caedast's will was empowering the freedom of all, not shackling it, for she served the wishes of everyone, and all's will was hers. Her otherworldly distance meant that she could best ensure the freedom of all more than Knichou ever could, no matter how selfless he tried to act or how much his understanding grew.

Caedast knew that the great war between the League and the Matoran was not a war but a battle - no, a game. Dume was as much of a piece on the board as the countless toy soldiers Mata Nui sent to be slaughtered. Sidra's hopes of killing Mata Nui once and for all were as futile as Knichou's hopes of - Mata Nui always would die, for the twisted game would always be reset with new heroes and villains. Mata Nui was just the latest twist on the formula, the newest edition of the rules - but he didn't make them. Mata Nui was a piece on the board too, even he operated within the rules of another...

Knichou had walked the Legend. He had seen another destiny, another iteration of the cocky hero playing the same role as Knichou. Their optics studied each other and spoke to shared triumph and loss, and Knichou wondered if his counterpart had gotten such a chance to end the endless cycle of conflict as the one Caedast offered. Knichou wouldn't waste his chance. He couldn't dare risk it. It had been a long time since any of Knichou's work was for his own sake. For the past month, his tireless work was for Nale, his friends, and their people. Sidra gave him the confidence to believe he could save everyone instead of merely help them survive, and now Caedast helped him understand that truly saving everyone required not just thinking outside the box, but changing the rules.

The Fe-Toa broke his uncharacteristic silent streak, green optics seeing their own reflection deep within the wanderer's impenetrable, pearly orbs.

"Is that why you aren't using your Makoki stone? Because you cannot free all of us from the horrors of Tren Krom's pawns if he is freed to reset his game board once again?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

IC Stannis | Ruins of Metru Koro

"So this is how we fix the world. And make sure the world doesn't have to be fixed again," Nale said.

Stannis nodded—she was right. "Yes," he explained, "once I attain completion of my Grand Wish I will become an instruction manual for the next generation. You won’t be affected by the ignorance of the past anymore, there will be no need to learn through trial and tribulation, you won’t have to touch the fire to know that it’s hot anymore and spare the suffering.  What is done is done, the cycle is set, but through me you can make everything we went through mean something."

"Is that why you aren't using your Makoki stone? Because you cannot free all of us from the horrors of Tren Krom's pawns if he is freed to reset his game board once again?"

"It is. Miserix wants to turn everything back to square one. Rebirth is her Wish, constant new beginnings in the same stale soil, and if it is allowed to transpire all we have done will be for naught yet again."

• Like 3

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

Ah, it's Viltia. I see she has attained NUVA, Atamai thought to himself. She's very resourceful, so her being NUVA is perfect.

"Yes. Axonn, Viltia here can create new Great Disks for you to take back," Atamai said. "That way any possible time paradoxes are fixed, and the past is not doomed as you think it is."

OOC: @Eyru and everyone else in Kini Nui

Aurax was illuminated, both literally and figuratively.

As the Avohkii's power washed over him, the Toa of Plasma was able to fully understand the extent of Caedast's plan and Grand Wish. He had already been informed of it before, but now everything about it was clear to him. 

But that wasn't the only thing that was made clear to Aurax. All his past misdeeds came to the forefront. Aurax had always tried to avoid thinking about how he had hurt people around him. He knew he had wronged others, but now those thoughts and memories rose to the surface in full force. The king sat back down on the rubble, uncharacteristically quiet. 

Aurax felt like garbage. In his quest for acceptance, he had gone onto the path of arrogance, greed, lust, almost every deadly sin. Sure, he had killed Pridak and become a king, but why? He knew he had let himself become obsessed with power. That wasn't who he was originally, nor was it who he was deep down. Under the Avohkii's light, Aurax was rethinking his life choices.

He looked up at Stannis. "Okay, so you need to get to the Legend. Where is it?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

• Like 5

IC Ysocla - Tactical Panda II:

"But until then, the next greatest thing to direct my ire towards is the head that fell from the sky. The Matoran have always had my ire. I have not forgotten my resentment or detestation for them. Let's see how well their 'Godhead' handles being extra crispy."

Ysocla wasn’t sure how to respond to that. It seemed that Lady Yumiwak and her had experienced very different tales about the Matoran civilization before their time. Whereas she knew the Matoran populace to be more heroic and cooperative than her Skakdi peers, Yumiwak saw something darker and less pure in them. Ysocla couldn’t say who was more correct, as she had yet to really encounter any of the people from the skull beside Zataka. No doubt the titan couldn’t be used as a measuring stick for the entire populace.

Even while contemplating the coming campaign, there was also the fate of the warskaks to consider. With the destruction of the Rig and the annihilation of the warskaks, the prospect of forming a better Skakdi society seemed to be slipping away. After all, it’s hard to make a society without any people in it.

At the end of it all, there was little Ysocla could do presently. Any opposition would be ineffective in the face of everything they had worked through recently, and her concerns were nowhere near concrete enough to raise. She’d just need to bide her time for now.

Of course Lady Yumiwak,” Ysocla said with her usual flat expression. “The Matoran will witness your power.”

They’ve had almost two months; surely more of them have left the head by now.

Edited by pokemonlover360
  • Like 2

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Kanohi Ignika the “Administrator” | Mi-Kiri, Elemental Temple of Light

Try as she might, Mahrika’s eyes could not adapt to understand the words flashing across the wall. They went from floor to ceiling as if in fear of what came next, transitioning from a projection to an afterthought in more time than it took to notice the individual phrases. Only the common pattern of IC and OOC could be seen repeating itself throughout the scurrying text.

So when Mahrika turned towards the Ignika once more it was perhaps with a sense of defeat, and a hope for answers her eyes couldn’t detect. She asked her questions of the Kanohi Ignika, and Sorilax interjected his multitude of technical inquiries. Sorilax wanted to know how things worked. Mahrika wanted to know why. The Ignika replied;

“life is not ours to live, nor will it ever be. Life is ours to nurture, grow, and decay as is the natural order. Death is a part of this process. It is inevitable that we observe the decay of this reality, as we observe time and time again. To exist in a dichotomy is an imbalance.”

The AI’s voice echoed off the stones, and the force of its declaration caused the glowing water covering the floor to ripple with a sudden surface tension. Small droplets rose from the water like rain falling in reverse and drifted in the air. The droplets caught the light of the room, reflecting rainbows across every surface.

Kas did not reply to Sorilax. The antiderm’s possession of his body was the ultimate castration of his sense of self, and Kas wished to fight for what little dignity he might retain. Nevertheless, Kas’ destiny was now bent to aid Sorilax, and the aspect could easily tell from Kas’ momentary thin slicing and decision making that the toa of fire knew nothing about the strange cables. They were as new to Kas as to Sorilax himself. Truly, Kas believed the flaw in the system was the Ingnika. Kas wanted to wear the Ignika or destroy it. With his new internal battle about wearing masks, Sorilax realized Kas began leaning further towards destroying the mask of life. He could feel the toa of fire balling his fists and beginning to channel the flames inside. He paused at the sound of footsteps echoing from the hallway.

“It looks like you are running out of time,” said the Ignika. “The others are coming, as they have since you first opened this sanctum. I do not welcome them, but all serve a purpose in protecting the natural balance. Will you leave at peace with yourself now that your curiosity is sated? We must return to our duty. There are many who seek penance in the lands of flame. They must be offered redemption.”

“Don’t you wax poetic on me,” Kas blurted out in a moment of freedom; “I’ll show a land of flame!”

He began to channel the inner fire of his soul, imagining the radiant heat of his toa essence boil the waters around him into a fine steam. He jerked an arm back behind as if to throw a ball of flame, then found nothing happened. The elemental energy fizzled, and his final attempt at sabotage were undone. He fell to his knees in the water and hung his head.

He realized there was only one thing more he could  do.

Maybe. 

But was it worth it?

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @Harvali I edited this section to be more clear that Kas would not be able to conjure a fireball regardless of Sorilax.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Elemental Ruins of Fire

Truly, it was the lands of flame where Cravious and Whira dared to enter the Elemental Ruins of Fire. The temple inside the crumbling pile of rubble existed in a state of rapid decay. Walls and rooms were clipping, stretching, or simply refusing to render. Once ornate puzzles were simple geometry and shrieking starlight. The hidden room of the Amaja Circle continued to turn into a space of solid blue on a flat plane, and existing in it was like being an amoeba squished between glass panes in a prep slide. Whira and Cravious soldiered on in their dogged determination until at last they reached the central chamber of the temple. Cravious inserted the Great Disk he forged from the nightmares of his kin, and then with a rush blinding light filled the chamber and then he was gone. 

“Y-y-you ar-ee-ee-eee erro-rr you-- nOt-- bUILDeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer- - -fghkfghk lor -- lorem ipsum delor - ss---tarrrrsss---- haaappp--y haappppyy cc-cc-ccc--...” The Administrator’s voice spat unintelligible garbage and could not warn those inside the temple to flee. 

The transformational light became a torture nearly too great to bear for Whira, but she could not escape. The room swam, her body distorted and became black lines on a white canvas. Lizards danced around her, keeping the truth at bay. They crawled around her, burying her under their weight. They expanded, as if all the lizards entwined formed a balloon filling with air. 

The Elemental Ruins of Fire exploded in a burst of starlight, twisting flame, and freed dreams. The screaming wails of sleepwalkers flew through time and embedded themselves once more in the minds where they first lived. The terror of the dark crawled back along the spines of those who slept with a candle by the bed. Those who feared their individual insignificance were haunted by the knowledge they would amount to nothing.

The skakdi inventor stood in a pool of white water. Beneath him were dark footprints, a reflection extending far into the darkness. Another part of him waiting to be revived.

Cravious returned to the burning earth of a roaring fire. He felt smoke fill his lungs. He felt radiation wrack his frame. Whira was nowhere to be found.

Whira was not dead. Her physical armor was indeed destroyed in the explosion of the physical temple. She was indeed incorporeal. But she was something more now: she was separate. She was herself, and nothing more. Nothing came before her, and nothing would come after.

She was an aspect severed from the very thing that made her. She was free.

Wow did freedom hurt.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @~Xemnas~ the Elemental Temple of Fire has been destroyed. Cravious is now Cravious NUVA. Whira is now Whira NUVA Proxima. Please note, that as part of removing herself from the cycle of life in the Caldera she may now physically interact with the world and be interacted with in her gaseous form. Please add that to her Physical Flaws when submitting her new profile for approval.

IC: Spiriah | Kumu Peninsula

“Be quiet,” Spiriah said with a wave of an ethereal hand towards Ostrox. “I have had a long day and I am in no mood for the words of your kind. You still think there is but one Mata-Nui. Let those who ascend speak.”

The shifting shadows moved closer towards Parnassus.

“Working together? With these? They are infected with idolatry. Two are already bound in pacts with a sworn enemy. I spare them now as a humor to you. Is working with these really what you suggest after traveling across the surface?” An odd sucking sound reverberated from the shadow. Parnassus realized Spiriah was laughing. “You would play pretend. It is not our nature, and you know this. You seek grandeur as a lord among nightmares? Then ascend through countless cycles. Let them worry about death. We exist without such petty consequences. You wish to lead them with promises of goodwill? Faith is what binds. Faith and darkness. Do you truly seek power so desperately?”

OOC: @Void Emissary, @Toru Nui, @EmperorWhenua, @TL01 NUVA, @Keeper of Kraata

IC: Opal | Shores of Metru-Nui

Her body plunged into the waters and the darkness of a dying god gripped her.

"More," she heard in her thoughts.  

"More."

She swam deeper in the blood of a tortured divine, and Opal tasted the sweet deliverance of death as the hands of the undead gripped her wounded form and dragged her into the deep. 

Irnakk frowned from atop his throne of bones in the Realm of Nightmares. He didn't like losing his toys. Opal did much much for Irnakk, and her death displeased him. He began searching for who took her from him...

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy Opal rolled a 22 for interacting with Defiled EP and has died without the option of resurrection. 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Elemental Temple of Water

"You will find where to go by walking outside this temple and looking at the sky. Look for a large sphere floating in the air that is not the sun or the moon. This sphere, Mi-Kiri, is where the main servers are located. Follow the big coiling cables to the center of the city, and there you will find those who attack me," said the Administrator. Something about the way it spoke gave Jutori the distinct impression the AI was attempting to mitigate confusion for Skyra NUVA. "The proximity shields are down, the servers have been breached. Immediate assistance may reduce risk of data loss. Data may include culturally sensitive artifacts or rendered suva spaces."

ooc: @pokemonlover360, @Snelly, @Tarn

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 7

Happy chat.

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Elemental Ruins of Water:

Acknowledged. This unit will investigate the sphere.” The machine began to retrace its step towards the entrance before turning back to its toa allies.

Ally Skyra, now is the optimal time to activate your mech,” the mechanical enforcer explained. “Once activated this unit can meet you at the sphere. Ally Jutori, this unit would appreciate your assistance in Patiwairutiki. Before additional actions are taken, this unit advises activating the block Ally Skyra brought from the Taku. It appears to be nanite-based armor.”

OOC: @Tarn@Snelly@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 3

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

The Nuva didn't appreciate his honesty, that much was apparent. But try as he might, he could not see this selfish, power-hungry thief before him as anything but that, regardless of whether she wore the disguise of a Nuva. The whole thing sickened Korruhn to his core, the fact that this dejected monster stole the glory of the Matoran people, in some feeble attempt to belong. Korruhn felt her misguided attempt to consolidate power for friendship would undo them all. She was dangerous. Whatever. If this was the savior his people would choose, they were not his people. They were no better than Sidra herself. None of them belonged.

"I don't know where he's gone, he left the moment we exited the temple," Korruhn replied. He thought he recognized that name, Knichou, but couldn't place it. If they were working with Sidra though, Korruhn would have to ensure they don't get the Stones. "He has a place of respite somewhere in the ruins of Metru Nui. If he isn't at your Kini Nui, I'd look there." Korruhn turned and began to walk away from the Toa Nuva.

"Oh, Sidra. I hear Leklo yet lives. Interesting. You don't happen to know where he's at?"

• Like 3

IC Stannis | Metru Koro Ruins

The wizard looked at Aurax with sympathy as the king was overcome with conscience. He had been a thief and plunderer, but Aurax had been a victim of the Builder's intrinsic hubris all along. Some people had called Caedast and the other Aspects demons—and it was a fair comparison in many respects—but the truth had always been that they were just manifestations of the real demons within everyone's hearts. It was as Stannis had told to the Dark Hunter Vyarik what felt like a century earlier in the streets of Onu-Metru—it is very hard to fight when the true enemy is within. Conquering nations was child's play when compared to overcoming internalized biases and Aurax was finally coming to terms with himself. 

Good.

Knowledge always came at a price, and the further indebted one was in lies the harder it was to cough up the widgets to pay for knowledge.

Aurax looked up at Stannis in the wake of his revelation. "Okay, so you need to get to the Legend. Where is it?"

"I wish I knew," Stannis said with a sigh, "but that's how you can all help me. I chose each of you long ago to be my Companions in this final chapter because you possess the most influence among the Builders who still live and would amass your own fortunes of resources and power, as you indeed have. The two most likely places, the Mangaia and the Aqua Sphere, are beyond my current reach and I cannot explore both of them with the paltry time that we have left, but even the thinnest of columns cast a long shadow in the sunshine and once I know where to go I can be there. Be my tendrils to find what we need, and with your help we can still win."

@~Xemnas~ @BULiK @Tarn

• Like 3

"We can head to the Aqua sphere," Knichou volunteered, gesturing to himself and Nale. "We have the means to reach it, and we were already on our way there. We just came from the Ice Ruins, where the Administrator said an Aspect and a builder are trying to destroy it. Ideally we can ensure that doesn't happen, and learn more from what is inside the administrator's archives."

"But before that, I have two requests," Knichou admitted. "Firstly:""

The golden Fe-Toa boldly pointed a finger to Aurax, still keeping his green optics trained on Caedast.

"Free my Brother of his curse."

Knichou didn't need to explain further - everyone knew his intent. Aurax was a sad toa, but he had begun to pay his toll for the damage he had done, and would continue to do so. The Barraki's prison would be in his mind - reckoning with his past and seeking atonement, not giving his body to be the elder Aspect's plaything. All four of them had reached an understanding, and with the help of the Avohkii's inner light, Knichou could trust that Aurax's shackles were no longer necessary, and in fact, would be only a barrier to his eventual full rehabilitation.

The commander trusted Caedast to prove her benevolence, now that there was no need for secrets or half-truths between the four Toa.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

Aurax looked down as he began to think. The Aqua Sphere... the Aqua Sphere...

His train of thought was broken when Knichou spoke up and requested Caedast to remove the kraata from him. Aurax looked up at the not-Toa, and then to Knichou, and then back to Caedast. He was also surprised to hear Knichou call him brother.

After all this time... he still considers me a brother?

• Like 5

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kumu Peninsula

As Korruhn admitted the darkness in his heartlight he truly felt towards Sidra NUVA and turned his ACR away from her, one of Grime’s arms slipped loose from Korruhn’s embrace. It dangled limp and lifeless, and silver blood slipped off the palm and fingers to fall with finality towards the basalt ground. As she considered Korruhn's rebuke and questions, the NUVA noticed something about the tattoos running up the matoran’s arm: she’d seen them before.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy, @Crimson Jester Sidra is a perceptive enough individual that she would notice this.

OOC: Music for next section "Children of the Omnissiah"

IC: Axxon and Tuyet, Reliable Narrator | Kini-Nui

Axxon scowled, for he saw Viltia and Atamai both told the truth of their perspective. The toa before Axxon could indeed forge disks of such divine power. He saw her body was marked with the symbols of apostasy, but the light of the Krom burned within her, and the strange tethers of his ancient memory were freshly placed upon her desecrated flesh. 

She could not help him as she imagined, but there was hope while the light flowed in her veins.

She was marked, as was the thief Atamai. Perhaps it was possible to complete the ritual after all in this strange time, but to bargain with her would be as bad as to bargain with the Witch of Time. But inside him a shade stirred at the mention of Great Disks. 

So too did the amalgam. It grew restless, and a lancing pain forced him to lurch from his otherwise imposing stance of strength. It wanted to feed. Life was here, ripe for the taking. The spirits in his halberd hungered as well. They begged to be released, to be let loose to gorge on the souls of those close by until their mortal forms returned.

Axxon took a deep breath and rose tall once more. Death would come in time for them as it did for him. He did not need to rush the inevitable for those before him.

“How many have you consecrated with NUVA,” requested Axxon of the assembled group as his mask of truth glowed with power. “If we are to preserve the actions of my time, they must join me at the Forge of the Heartsflame. The rite must be performed once more.”

Tuyet looked at Viltia with concern. This stranger unleashed a demon from its tomb, stuffed it back inside with a bunch of wood, walked up to join in on a conversation, and now seemed to have the perfect solution for Tuyet’s problem. Worse, Axxon seemed interested and was proposing options. Any options besides sticking this dude somewhere that wouldn’t ruin everything were bad options. If the guy kept asking questions and getting straight answers a steaming pile of problems were inbound.

And he wore her sword. The nerve!

She balled a fist and began striding towards Axxon with intent to harm. Axxon sensed it.

“I dunno what your problem is or like what you think you’re gonna do about it,” Tuyet started; “but your free ride is over. Time to go home. Buddy, Handy: let's get him."

The two Kaita ACRs continued straining against their bonds. A fight of desperation overcame them. The riteborn was close! So close! Their mouths opened as their machinery strained for freedom. Golden ichor began pouring from their throats...

OOC: @~Xemnas~, @BULiK@Vezok's Friend, @Smudge8, @Kal the Guardian, and I think that's everyone? Tuyet is throwing down the gauntlet @Eyru. The Kaita ACRs will truly tear themselves apart trying to break free of their bonds if they are not removed from the hex or allowed to attack the riteborn. It's their nature.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Elemental Temple of Light

With - Mahrika, Bellicus Kastus, One, Two

The words of the Ignika sounded hollow and misplaced. Something truly was affecting it. There was truth to what it said, yet its words also contained a warped view of Life itself. It really was tainted by all this technology and whatever extra had been added by the soul splicer.

This place was so confusing. So outside of what he knew. Every choice could lead to his demise. He had already lost the Kraata power he had always carried and then on top of that, his new element. And what were his options? Try to read a wall with no options on how to do so. Try to don the Ignika with no body to do so. Try to cut the many cables and set the Ignika free to possibly not even help them. And what of all the other technology that might be hidden behind code phrases? He was lost. He was in way over his head, a sea of confusion threatening to crush him in its depths.

But one truth rang out inside of him. He was going to become Life itself. That had always been his destiny. The Mask of Life would soon be under his sway either way. And if it killed him, then he was not worthy to walk the path and so it would be just in doing so. This was the culmination of his millennia spent observing the world and the life therein.

The footsteps in the near distance made this confusing dance of deadly options decidedly simple.

Kas felt the presence of the Aspect of Life leave him, granting him full control of his body once more. With it came the overwhelming rush of Life from the Ignika to his Life sensing power that Sorilax had previously been so in tune with in his body.

Two, already imbued with a direct connection to Life through his very essence of being a Life Kraata, gratefully accepted his father’s control. Sorilax wasted no time, for he had scarcely any of it. He teleported using his Rahkshi staff directly to the silver Kanohi that was wired to the crystal pillars that gleamed with the droplets of water. With the amount of Lifeforce that the mask was giving off, he had no doubt it could alter or change any life that came into direct contact with it. He hoped that meant his Rahkshi would be graciously granted the ability to don the mask while he indwelled it.

This would either be the fulfillment of all he strove for or his undoing. There was no pondering or planning. No long drawn out conversations. He knew his decision.

Sorilax reached out to grab it.

=---------=

Meanwhile, One teleported to the porthole doorway, weapons ready as he peered through and tried to see who was drawing near.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Harvali Sorilax, in Two, is attempting to grab the Ignika and then put it on his Rahkshi head.

Also, other characters coming later.

• Like 1