Jump to content

Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)


Unreliable Narrator
 Share

Recommended Posts

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Koro)

Vulimai listened to Iradra's response, surprised that the Toa shared the same sentiment but was glad that she herself wasn't alone in her opinion. Sympathy was within Vulimai's optics, but those optics turned from sympathy, to curiosity, to shock at Iradra's next words.

"After what Ostrox told me, though... I believe...I believe the Great Spirit, should he still exist, poses a direct and undeniable threat to everything we still have."

"What do you mean, a direct and undeniable threat, when did he tell you this?" A scrutinizing gaze pierced into Iradra, as Vulimai thought to herself, "Bronk wouldn't hide something like this from me...Would he?"

OOC: @Onaku

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

"Well good luck to anyone who finds themselves on the ship with Stannis at the helm, then," said Atamai. He pointed to the ship. "Is he in there right now?"

@BULiK

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro Hillside

"Yeah, I was just fixing his landing gear after his previous crash landing. Nale's in there too."

  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Triage - To Metru-Koro

"Like I said, I'm sure it's nothing," Triage repeated, now awkwardly seated right behind Okuo on the bike. At least they wouldn't have to walk the length of the trip.

@Onaku

IC: Jutori - Earth Ruins

Jutori glowered at Arkius from behind. "If we're going to do this together, we must act in the way of unity. Do you not respect this virtue, Arkius?"

He sighed as they entered the next room, his shoulders slumping. He would have to tolerate the Onu-Toa's behavior just a little longer. "No matter, let's see what this place has to offer."

@Onaku@pokemonlover360@The UltimoScorp

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC Katrin of the Flame - Ruins of Earth:

 

"Wai', 'ere're puzzles?" Kat asked around a mouthful. a look of concern crossed her face, and she swallowed. "I've never been very good at puzzles, are these ones really tough?"

@Onaku@Tarn@pokemonlover360

  • Like 1

 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Korruhn, Kumu Peninsula

"Fair," he replied. "But, I think you have a part of that wrong. Folks die together as often as they die alone, ask your new friends."

From the shadows, another presence approached. Korruhn groaned. Can a guy really not have five minutes of peace on this island? You'd think for all the open space here, I'd be able to find somewhere to think, to work, without all these Karzing tag-alongs showing up. The Toa scowled, although his melted mask showed no expression. With any luck, their new friend would be an Aspect, and Korruhn could pit these two barnacles, these PARASITES, against each other, so that he may return to his work while they scrape each other free from his leg.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147

Edited by Crimson Jester
  • Like 4

Untitledbzp.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Xaril - Relic Fields

After passing by the camp and tracking East for a few minutes, the Crimson Galleon entered the airspace of the ruins, and Xaril gave the order to bring the ship around near the top of one of the Knowledge Towers. He flew out with a few mooring lines and secured them around the tower to keep the ship from drifting, then landed on the tower roof.

He wasn't a historian or a scholar, but he knew that in Metru Nui, beings of those professions had worked out of towers like these. It stood to reason that these towers might contain something that would give him some idea of where the structures had come from, and what had become of their inhabitants. He pried away a chunk of the roof and dropped into the top floor, searching around inside for anything of interest.

@Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 1

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC- Keitara (hovering)

The Av-Toa peeped over Skorm's shoulder like the dusk sun over the horizon. 

"How's everything handling?" she asked eagerly. She'd helped Skorm and IV with the repairs and was as eager as a youngling to see if the system was functioning properly.

(OOC: @Conway
 @Keeper of Kraata

Edited by TL01 NUVA
  • Like 2

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

                                       BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

                      "Just promise me something... don't let me go."

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Exuze, Relic Fields

A voice was something one rarely heard in the wilderness, let alone these ruins. Even Rahi seemed to stray from this place, as if they knew it was dead and would lead to nothing good.

So naturally, the Ta-Lesterin was surprised to hear another person, albeit faint. Immediately he used his kanohi to give him the hearing of a bat, but he still couldn't make out specific words. At the very least, he got a better idea of the direction of the other scavenger. Exuze carefully though an alleyway to the adjacent street, where he spotted humanoid footprints in the dirt, leading to a nearby building. The nomad used his faxon to make body shift color, matching the environment around him, as he moved closer to the abandoned knowledge tower.

As he neared the building, he saw bloodstained footprints leading up a staircase to an open door. This had to be it. The Lesterin ascended the staircase carefully, moved as slowly as possible to avoid making noise. Reaching the doorway, Exuze saw a vortixx with one hand cautiously on her dagger, who was looking at a gravely wounded Toa, slumped against a wall. Exuze shivered at the sight, but he was confused. He would have heard the sounds of a scuffle, certainly of a scuffle resulting in this grave an injury. Perhaps this Vortixx was just as confused as he was. Time to test that theory, then?

The Lesterin stood ominously in the doorway, his large cloak camouflaged to match the nearby walls, the only distinct feature he presented being his Kanohi. He announced his presence to the Vortixx in his southern continent drawl.

"We hafta stop 'er bleeding, pronto."

OOC: @Daniel the Finlander @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 2

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Apex (Kumu-Peninsula, Shrine of Shadow)

Arriving at the temple, Apex ignored the small gathering, for they doubtfully held anything of interest to her. Instead, Apex approached the obsidian tablet that was where a doorway would be, the ancient, weathered etchings of a taboo upon it. A dark allure pulled at the strands of Apex' mind and soul, or whatever equivalized a soul within Apex' vessel. Whatever the allure was though, Apex fought against it, for she would not so willingly, blindly, ignorantly, give in to it without a thorough understanding.

So instead, Apex went to work, examining the slab and the nearby etchings, attempting to find any alternative entrance, or secretive or open knowledge that the writings might be able to offer her in her natural tongue.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Crimson Jester @Toru Nui @Burnmad

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Earth

The quartet crossed the small room and entered the far doorway. They quickly became lost in the shadows of the tunnel, which was just as dark as the first one they had walked through. The rocky walls were much the same: roughly carved and cool to the touch. The floor underfoot was smoother, and no one tripped, even walking in the darkness. After a minute or so of careful travel, the four beings emerged from the tunnel, blinking as they eyes adjusted to the light of the new room.

It was much bigger than the first room: the inner chamber of the temple was the width of at least twenty toa standing shoulder to shoulder. It was circular in shape, but that was where all similarities to the first room ended. It was hewn out of the center of a vast geode. The walls and ceiling were composed of vast slabs, beams, and spikes of crystals and minerals. Veins of dimly glowing minerals spiderwebbed across the walls, casting a pearly glow throughout the cavern. The millions of faceted edges caught the dim light and multiplied it, illuminating the interior of each gem and refracting the light a thousand times over until it looked like each gem and crystal was sparkling with its own inner light. Great crystalline stalactites hung from the ceiling. Some pointed straight down, while others jutted out at odd angles. The colors of the structures ranged from milky white, barely tinged with pink; to a deep, royal purple. Hidden amongst the rough crystalline shapes that protruded from the walls were four gears, each with a handle, and each equidistant from the other.

Unlike the jagged walls and ceiling, the floor was entirely smooth. It was composed of a silvery crystal that appeared to reflect everything above it, like a vast mirror. It caught the light of all the shining crystals and minerals and reflected it back, filling the cavern with yet more light. As the group walked out onto its surface, they had to watch their footing, for it was like walking on glass. It was not as slippery as ice, but it was smooth enough to require care to keep one's footing. As they group looked down to watch their steps, they noticed that they cast no reflections beneath them. As the last of them exited the tunnel, a featureless door of rock fell from the tunnel ceiling with a dull thud, blocking the exit and sealing them inside the room.

"Welcome to the Temple of Earth," came the Administrator's voice. The sound echoed slightly off the mirror-like floor before being swallowed by the jagged spikes and beams of crystal. "Toa Onua, often considered the wisest of his brethren, built this place for those who wished to meditate on the beauty of the earth. Those who prayed here sought the insight to navigate the distorted reflections of reality and discern truth."

 

OOC: @Tarn @pokemonlover360 @Onaku @The UltimoScorp

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Administrator | Ruins of Stone

“Piece things together?” The Administrator echoed back to the aspect who’d wormed her way into the flocks of lifeforms calling themselves good. These matoran were a far cry from the Builders. They talked much, embraced their emotions with gusto, and considered shadow in all its myriad forms just another element. They did not cut away their darkness. They did not ring the gongs. The only thing they had in common now was letting the darkness back in, slowly and carefully, with the help of the very things they feared most: themselves.

“We have spoken in several places now. You are right: it has been fragmented. However, without necessary permissions enabled you are still a heretic. There is no codex written to absolve you. Perhaps, if you were to receive a codex and present it to the repository in Mi-Kiri, the great floating sphere above this island, your permissions would be enabled and truths made evident.”

The Administrator paused, sensing the approach of others. Others meant questions. Always with the questions these days, these chattering beings. The Administrator did not have a concept of life in the same way they did. It most closely recognized itself in the vahki leader NU-8020S. At least, with the vahki, the Administrator felt some sense of kinship. 

“Ah, leaders of Tobduk-Koro. You return,” the Administrator said calmly.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, Whisper just got a new quest: find someone who can write a codex of absolution and take it to Mi-Kiri! Also, @Harvali, @Toru Nui thanks for your patience.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 3

Happy chat.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Whisper - Ruins of Stone

"A Codex of Absolution..." the gaseous green of Whisper's form contorted into something vaguely resembling a face, which contorted further into a frowning face, "...I fear I'm unfamiliar with the term, it may be one of the many things lost to history on this island. Back in your time, who was responsible for bestowing this codex?"

@Unreliable Narrator

 

  • Like 3

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: The Administrator | Ruins of Stone

"A Chronicler, Forgemaster, or Grand Builder would be able to bestow such a codex," the Administrator replied calmly. "You will have to find such an individual. I am unaware of where one may be. My records indicate the last Chronicler and Forgemaster boarded the Ark. Perhaps you have met a --" 

The Administrator went silent for a little bit.

"It seems I am incapable of opening the required file. There is an error in the audio distribution. An older driver perhaps... I will make a bug report. I apologize, I seem to be incomplete."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 5

Happy chat.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Whisper - Ruins of Stone/Kini Nui

"I... thank you..." she replied. The Administrator wasn't the only one feeling incomplete in that moment. What were all these processes and titles it spoke of? What kind of existence had the Aspects lived out before the fall and failure the Administrator had once mentioned to her? "I'll speak to the villagers, see if I can find one who knows of the Ark's history." 

Acknowledging the arrival of those from Tobduk-Koro with a nod-like inclination of her dome, she drifted back through the portal to Kini-Nui, leaving the new arrivals to converse with the Administrator in peace. As she crossed through, she contemplated the unexpected quest that had been thrust upon her. Who did she know who might have the historical knowledge she sought? Even if she could find someone, would they be willing to share their knowledge? If she did manage to find the right person to create a Codex, would they even deem her worthy of receiving one? 

One thing at a time, she reminded herself. Focus on finding an old person first. 

  • Like 5

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC Kanohi and  “Collector” - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi dipped his head, “Greetings, Aspect Whisper, Admin. Councilor NU and I need to visit Kini-Koro briefly. Before we go, Collector was hoping to investigate the temple, see if the mechanisms could have been damaged over the years this temple was a ruin.

Collector nodded, eyeing the NUVA door, “Administrator, did I hear you correctly, there is an error in your memory? Your databases have suffered damage?” They did not quite sneer, but they put their lips together and narrow their optics. The Administrator at least was not very secretive about its ignorance. First Arkius transforming was a side effect, his very mask melting to his face. Then it seemed to forget vital information mid sentence.

Hopefully the Administrator’s openness about its issues would give them a heading to regenerate the damage with their new mask. As long as it’s server banks weren’t made of something like Protosteel, it should be doable.

They tried not to stare at Whisper. But, Whisper would likely have to leave to find a Codex. Their chance to speak to her was limited. But their senses had been repossessed, if asking about the mask offended the Vahki … the Vahki were heroes, they saved the Matoran while Collector was busy relishing the chance to be the hero. If Councilor NU had a problem with them desecrating their mask, then desecrating their mask likely was indeed a problem. And if so, best they knew that sooner than later. Before they made a terrible mistake.

…And Whisper was gone. The chance lost. Almost immediately Kanohi said, “Collect — Friend, if I see her in Kini-Nui, should I ask her?

…No. but If you have time, see if you can send Taja to speak to me.” They let out a sigh, relieved at the offer. Hopefully she would be willing to talk to them, they did not know her, and their social skills were lacking, 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui

Edited by Harvali
Missed the prior post.
  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Tarn said:

IC: Nale Vella - Ambling Alp (Kini-Koro Airspace)

Her optics met Stannis', icy blue flickering behind her Kakama as she blinked a couple times, thinking. "I am much better than I was...how long has it been now? Over a month ago, when we first came here." She decided it was best to neglect mentioning Arkius at the moment.

Nale didn't pull her gaze away as she continued. "I like to think Knichou helped with that," she said, half-smiling. "But it was myself, and the communities that had formed, that truly brought me back up. I'll be honest, joining the Taku was the best choice I ever made. After everything that had happened, it gave me something to do."

She thought back to Kanohi's kindness, those she had first met in the old villages, and the ship's crew. Her friends. "It wasn't a sudden thing, you know. Knichou and I. But as we spoke, and as we worked alongside eachother..." She then chuckled warmly as she broke eye contact, looking back at the view outside the Alp's window. "There are certain feelings we tend to suppress, waiting for the 'right moment.' But acting on feelings...can be dangerous," she said. It was something, she thought, that could apply to other parts of life beside romantic relationships. Something she learned while looking through a scope.

"I took a leap." Nale looked down at her arm. "I'm glad I did."

IC Stannis | Ambling Alp

"I'm glad to hear it," The old man was said, meaning every word. War and strife and change were terrible things to even a hardened mind, and there was so much of it in recent memory it was hard to fathom, even for the Wanderer, and it weighed on everyone in different ways. It could twist people, mold them into their own nightmares, or into the very sort of stereotypes they said they fought against, and the small comforts of seeing someone like Nale and Knichou settle into being  reasonable, knowledgable, and selfless people warmed the Aspect's absent heart. Learning could only ever be done in times of rest; the adrenaline and fear that flowed through the veins of beings when fighting to survive shattered the ability top grow or adapt as people.

"There is... one thing I want to bring up, about you," he ventured carefully, taking his time to be delicate in his approach as much as to remember things as accurately as he could. "Back on Metru Nui the stakes seemed higher than ever and we all did things we had once thought unthinkable because a storm of unfathomable events were transpiring all around us. In Po-Koro, when I lashed out on the Dark Hunter that pursued us and sought to slay him there in the defense of Dume..."

He paused.

"Do you remember what were you doing?"

 

20 hours ago, pokemonlover360 said:

IC Ysocla - Tactical Panda II, Irnakk's Tooth:

20 hours ago, Tarn said:

IC: Korio Karasha - Tactical Panda II to Irnakk's Tooth

Yumiwak | Irnakk's Tooth

"Yaaaahhh!" I screamed in exuberance, brandishing my Punisher and leading the charge into the bowels of Irnakk's Tooth.

@Unreliable Narrator

 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - Ambling Alp (Kini-Koro Airspace)

She froze. The question was too specific, like Stannis...knew. It wasn't like what she did was easy to miss, but the way the Wanderer spoke, it was as if he knew the answer and just wanted a confession. For a moment, she could feel the sensation in her right hand of holding a rifle grip. Something she hadn't felt in a long time. The Toa of Magnetism could see all the scenes in her head, playing back. Clear as day.

"I was on the Taku," she replied, so far truthfully. Her heartlight was beating just a little faster. "I was doing overwatch from the cargo bay, giving you and Arkius backup."

Nale wasn't looking the Toa of Stone in the optic. She was still looking outside.

@EmperorWhenua

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - Ambling Alp (Kini-Koro Airspace)

"What was I protecting?" she asked. Was the logic of Toa that no matter what they did, as long as it was in service of protecting something it was good? "We had the advantage. The other Dark Hunters didn't even make a move."

Nale shook her head, and leaned towards the coffee table, wringing her hands. "It wasn't right. I knew it, and went through with it anyway. Every step I've made since has been to move further away from that woman in the cargo bay, to being who I am now." Suddenly the sofa wasn't so comfy--suddenly she didn't want to be on this ship. It would've been a perfect time for Knichou to come back in, tell Stannis he'd finished his work, and then crack wise. Anything to change the subject. Remove the tension from this room.

"I'm ashamed because it shouldn't have happened. I should have expressed restraint. But the thing about shoulds and shouldn't haves is I can't undo them."


@EmperorWhenua

  • Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui Valley

Atamai nodded. "Cool," he said. Without so much as moving a finger, Atamai used his elemental powers to reach out and open the main hatch to the Ambling Alp. He turned to Knichou. "You know, if you need any help fixing anything, I could probably lend you a hand," he said, before climbing onto the airship.

The airship was different than what Atamai had expected. Compared to the Taku, the Alp seemingly put more emphasis on comfort rather than efficiency. He heard voices coming from another part of the ship. He walked over, his spear lightly tapping the floor as he went, and peered through a doorway. Stannis was there, as was Nale, just as Knichou had saidAtamai couldn't hear what they were saying. The Toa of Iron said nothing and leaned on his spear, waiting for the two Toa to finish their conversation.

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn @EmperorWhenua

Edited by ~Xemnas~
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC Katrin of the Flame - Ruins of Earth:

 

Kat looked around, clearly impressed, "Whoa! This place is pretty incredible! Look at those crystals! And the floor!" She gazed down at it, bending right over at the waist, her mask almost touching the glossy surface. She blinked a couple times, before standing back up with a frown. "That's weird, it's reflective, like water, or a mirror, but I can't see myself in it! Onua must have been a pretty smart guy to make a place like this! Hey, Administrator, what's this Onua guy like, can we meet him?"

@Onaku@Eyru@Tarn@pokemonlover360

  • Like 2

 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC Stannis | Ambling Alp lounge

13 hours ago, Tarn said:

"What was I protecting?" she asked. Was the logic of Toa that no matter what they did, as long as it was in service of protecting something it was good? "We had the advantage. The other Dark Hunters didn't even make a move."

Nale shook her head, and leaned towards the coffee table, wringing her hands. "It wasn't right. I knew it, and went through with it anyway. Every step I've made since has been to move further away from that woman in the cargo bay, to being who I am now." Suddenly the sofa wasn't so comfy--suddenly she didn't want to be on this ship. It would've been a perfect time for Knichou to come back in, tell Stannis he'd finished his work, and then crack wise. Anything to change the subject. Remove the tension from this room.

"I'm ashamed because it shouldn't have happened. I should have expressed restraint. But the thing about shoulds and shouldn't haves is I can't undo them."

"It's okay, Nale, it's alright to be upset," Stannis said in supplication to becalm her, though he clearly wasn't going to budge from the line of reasoning—not yet. They were at peace, for once, in an eye of a storm that would soon ravage the whole of Xa, but in that precious time allotted them in the serene valley of the Kini-Nui there was an opportunity for learning and growth through experiencing things in a new light. The act of reliving that memory had consequence of agitating Nale, naturally, but the old man was not discouraged and promptly offered his peace. 

"Was that your first time?" he asked, referring to the act of killing, and while there was no answer it spoke volumes in response as she tried to ease her stress by leaning forward and rocking gently. Stannis, conversely, leaned back in his seat, somewhat luxuriating on the couch as he stared out the spacious window in thought. "Hrrrrrrmmm."

The Aspect Caedast had no true understanding of the moral debate about killing besides the clinical philosophy that death, like life, was a decidedly amoral cycle of events devoid of value besides the investment put into it—a philosophy put to the test with the Dark Hunter Vyarik, who rose after death to be something else entirely... but that was point that even Caedast struggled with. A well-lived person's death was worth a lot to the people who would seek to cash the death in, beings such as gods of death, warlords bent on cruel oppression, and priests who subjugated with fearful faith. But what about the ordinary Matoranfolk? Caedast knew little, a shortcoming that became incredibly glaring when she could scantly offer more than a stonefaced eldritch offer to Oreius in compensation for the shattered dreams of a life with Inu. When Caedast slew others in her guise as the Wanderer and Warmage it was for a higher purpose, justified by a scale of investment and who benefitted from the sudden extinguishment. Her mission was to stop war, not save lives, and the goals overlapped just as often as they came into conflict with each other. 

But Toa Stannis... Stannis the prophet, Stannis the hero, Stannis of the Maru—he knew about death. He had a Code to follow, back in the beginning, before the possession, before the consumption, and Caedast the lost spirit was forced to learn from his memories without the context of having lived them first. She struggled to put those lessons to word, sometimes, but she knew their value as nuggets of wisdom others could benefit from. Sometimes—well, most of the time—the lessons came out cryptic, estranged, even baffling, all because Caedast struggled to translate what she knew. It was like trying to explain a colorful flag to someone who'd been blinded in childhood; the picture was there, but the context was missing and the translation was muddled. Still, she tried.

"I remember the first time I broke the Toa Code," Caedast said, speaking through Stannis' aged mouth as she had for eons before, but the words tasted differently this time, bittersweet almost, like blood and bile. She shut the toa's eyes in thought, knitting the memory and the story together with care. "It was a very long time ago, as you would expect with a man my age, but that serves to illustrate the meaning of it. I wish I could say it was for some noble thing, that I saved an orphanage or freed slaves, but that was not the case. It was inglorious. 

"She was a toa of water named Laryna. I do not know much about her, I confess, though afterward I did try to learn as much as I could about the life I stole. Before the deed, we were told by an informant who came to the village many things about her, that she had gone rogue, killed her former teammates like they were Rahi, ran from place to place in search of satisfying some personal vendetta, and that she was a menace who needed to be stopped... but there was no proof to substantiate that claim, only rumours and heresay. Of all of us, only myself and one other toa answered the call to end her trail of destruction out of duty.

"We found her in a glade where she was camped, a short ways away from the village we protected and hidden only from the most blind of seekers, and we confronted her there. The proper thing we ought have done was to detain her, deliver her to the informant who was eager to stop her, and be done with it, but that was not what happened. My brother tried a passive approach and was soundly beaten back, and I was astonished to see Laryna fight so viciously. I was convinced all of a sudden that she needed to not be simply brought to justice, but that I would make sure she could never hurt anyone else ever again... and I shattered her spear with my mind and cleaved her in twain with my sword out of fear and desperation, and in a fit of zeal, because I thought she was a monstrous threat as we were told."

And a short while later Stannis was whisked away to Daxia to be in Helryx's employ as, ironically, a Toa Hagah.

"The rest, as they say, is history. It was not until long afterwards that I discovered the truth, that Laryna was in pain, afflicted by something we could not understand, and while she was certainly a fugitive she was not a monster. Her death was the first of many more, as the League's war changed the ethics of the Toa Code in times of urgency, but... I do oftentimes wonder what kind of person I would have become had my inevitable first kill been an arguably more justifiable, clear-cut, righteous act in the name of others, but I did not know enough at the time to know the difference.

"I hate that I committed that murder, for that was what it was, but I did learn from it. We cannot alter what we did in our past, unfortunately, we can only adapt and apply those lessons to be better moving forward. While I am ashamed for the choices of a much younger self I am assured that it seemed a good choice at the time, and I killed Laryna because I feared for others who were defenseless, because I cared about their safety above my own. Would I have done it again had I known more? Absolutely not. But knowledge of all things and everyone is not a luxury we possess." 

At last finished with his tale, Stannis leaned forward again, replicating Nale's posture on the sofa. "It's okay to feel shame, sister, and I am glad that you do because I feel it, too. Don't let it drag you down, but lift you up instead with new wisdom insight as you move forward. You are a strong woman, Nale, and we benefit from that resolve in you to do good by others."

And then the Alp's door opened to admit Atamai into its hold. Perfect timing, as in all things, the wizard thought to himself. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC Katrin of the Flame - Ruins of Earth:

"Aww.... why not?" The young Toa of Fire asked, with just a hint of a whine.

@Eyru

  • Like 1

 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC Kilo-M9 - Ruins of Earth:

Running ProblemSolve.exe V2.7

Problem = pathway forward is blocked. Pathway back is blocked.

Observations: Floor is reflective, but does not show reflections of this unit, allies, and Toa Arkius. Gears on outer edges of room. Handles indicates manual turning is intended. The Administrator stated “Those who prayed here sought the insight to navigate the distorted reflections of reality and discern truth.” Possible clue to puzzle solution.

Current step: Determine purpose of gears.

While Kat attempted to obtain information from their electronic overseer, the clockwork construct made its way over to the closest gear and started to turn the handle, watching for any changes to the environment.

OOC: @Tarn@Eyru@Onaku@The UltimoScorp

  • Like 2

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Earth

"He's dead."

As the Administrator busied itself answering Kat's questions, Kilo-M9 made its way carefully over the crystalline floor to the nearest gear. Taking hold of the handle, it attempted to rotate the gear. However, the gear refused to turn. Not matter how hard the clockwork construct pushed, it wouldn't budge.

 

OOC: @The UltimoScorp

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro Airspace

"I'm good, I just finished before you arrived," Knichou quickly retorted. Me? Need help with a simple piece of landing gear? Pffft, maybe that NUVA has gone to his head, Knichou thought.

He flew up to the open boarding ramp and followed Atamai inside. Apparently Nale and Stannis were in the back room? It does have a great view, after all.

"Well Stannis, your landing gear is ready. Let's get to the cockpit and I'll teach you how to land," he announced, completely oblivious to whatever conversation had been occurring prior to his arrival. Maybe if he stayed around to chat he would know, but they had work to do, and that was what the engineer was focused on.

"Also, you have a visitor."

  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Waveahk (Kumu Peninsula, Korruhn’s Campfire) - Scraping Himself Free

"Hmm." Waveahk was clearly more interested in the two that just went past than the Toa’s ramblings. There was a time when he would have agreed with him. That time had passed. He was beginning to re-evaluate his opinion on Rose and Skyra.

There was little point in questioning the fool further, very little of substance had been gleaned from him already, and this was hardly the time or place for 'enhanced interrogation'. But he clearly had an agenda beyond being a hermit. He’d learn more of him eventually - when he questioned his fellow founders of Metru-Koro. One of them must know who he and his tiny compatriot were.

"Well, you’re clearly a danger to yourself and others, but neither you or your musical accompaniment haven’t actually done anything, so... good luck with your dastardly plans, or whatever. Hopefully, I won’t set eyes on you again." He then trudged after Apex and Morangad, towards the strange structure they were examining...

@Unreliable Narrator@Crimson Jester@Sparticus147@Burnmad

 

IC: Ulkarr and NU-8020S (Tobduk-Koro, Ruins of Stone) - Artificial Unintelligence

The news of the Administrator’s damaged mind was unsurprising. This 'intelligence' that controlled these temples was clearly lacking in it.

NU-8020S wasted no time in stepping through the portal, fully expecting Kanohi to follow.

@Unreliable Narrator@Harvali

 

IC: Navu (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Exterior) - Items Awaiting Pick-Up

Navu brought the stack of five Levitation Kanoka outside the Taku - where there was no sign of Knichou. Of course there wasn’t. She set the disks down and waited for someone to come and collect them.

@BULiK

  • Like 1

Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC Kanohi and  “Collector” - Tobduk-Koro

Kanohi turned and bowed to Collector and Ulkarr, before hurrying towards the portal. He paused just outside of it, wincing at the shimmering surface. If … if he was too slow and it broke, would he be cleaved in half. S-still, it had always worked so far, and he had his d-duty. He took a deep breathe, before diving through the NUVA doorway.

As the Fe-Matoran passed through the portal, Collector waited to hear a response from the Administrator, though they were a bit distracted by their own confusion. They thought the two leaders would wait until the Vortixx had checked out the door, before going through it. They swore they had heard that mentioned at point. Had they misunderstood? 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Toru Nui

  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - Ambling Alp (Kini-Koro Airspace)

"I...thank you for your words, Stannis. I didn't think..."

Just then, Atamai's boots could be heard touching the floor of the Alp, the NUVA boarding unannounced. Nale's head shot up at the realization there were now others on the ship again. She heard Knichou's voice as well, indicating he wasn't far behind. "Back here, Knichou," she said, giving a glance to the Toa of Stone beside her. At least this impromptu therapy session had run its course. "Stannis and I were just talking."

Nale got up from the sofa, prepared for another happy landing. "Hello, Atamai."


@BULiK@EmperorWhenua@~Xemnas~

IC: Jutori - Earth Ruins

Well, this was quite the place. If it hadn't been for the feeling Jutori had that things would only get more difficult here on out, or the tension he felt because of Arkius, he would have found these ruins quite beautiful, actually. Dead...whoever this Onua was, he clearly built this place a long time ago...

"Looks like the gear is stuck, maybe," the Toa of Gravity said, watching Kilo make an attempt. "Just decoration...?"

@Onaku@pokemonlover360@The UltimoScorp@Eyru

  • Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC Stannis | Ambling Alp

"Oh good! More guests," Stannis said with ambiguous intent as he pivoted in his seat to look down the hallway at the visitor. 

Upon catching sight of the gaunt man Nale identified as Atamai, Stannis opined, "It looks like you've been eating your Wheaties."

@Tarn @BULiK @~Xemnas~

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Irna | En Route to Kumu

The speed at which the Muaka came to a halt send Irna tumbling back into her seat, and the force with which the machine stood up on its legs -- Irna could hardly believe that her friends had been able to manage that, despite everything she had seen in the past three months -- momentarily pinned her to the upholstery. She grimaced as she pulled herself into an upright sitting position. She was starting to wonder if she was ever going to get used to all these machines.

OOC: @TL01 NUVA @Keeper of Kraata

IC: Parnassus | Fort Nektann

Approaching a T-intersection in the fortress, Drukarus found his path crossed by two figures.

"Ah, Drukarus," said the first, the will-o-wisp demon Parnassus, shadows clinging to them like a cloak. "It's good to see you. My companion here was regaling me with tales of your little melee earlier in the day."

The demon gestured to their right, to the old warskak with the battle axe slung over their back. He simply nodded to the foreign Skakdi, and did not speak.

"May we join you?" Parnassus continued.

OOC: @Sparticus147

-Void

  • Like 2
 
 
[ BZPRPG ]

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC Kilo-M9 - Ruins of Earth:

New problem: Gear does not turn. Does not appear to be a strength based issue.

Current step: Test remaining gears for functionality. Identify other environmental devices.

Possibly,” the machine responded, beginning to make its way over to the next gear. “This unit will test other gears. High probability that if gears are to be moved, other steps must be taken first. Ally Jutori should begin room examination. This unit recommends looking for patterns. Examples include odd colors, noticeable shapes in crystal formations, items that do not appear in floor reflection or only appear in floor reflection.”

As the puzzle-solving protector reached the second gear and gave it a turn, it began speaking to The Administrator. “Creatures similar to skakdi live outside these ruins. Do they enter these ruins at all?” It looked closely at the nearby crystals for any hint at a device the gear might be connected to. Perhaps the crystals were not entirely opaque. Regardless, it would proceed to the last two gears if nothing happened and turn them.

OOC: @Onaku@The UltimoScorp@Tarn@Eyru

  • Like 2

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC, Atamai: The Ambling Alp

"Hello Nale," Atamai said. He turned to Stannis. "If those Wheaties are made of energized protodermis, then you'd be correct. And I see you've been busy as well. What exactly have you been doing since the last time we saw each other, Stannis? Not just shopping around for a new ride, I assume."

@EmperorWhenua

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Iradra - Kini-Nui Settlement

"It was a month ago when he first told me, though at the time my mind couldn't process its implications. Only after our... retreat... from the Coliseum, when he and I spoke further, did all of it start to click into place. I would recount what he told me, but I'm sure he'd be able to summarise it far more eloquently than I with my second-hand account of what he witnessed. But the implications are clear enough. Mata-Nui stands in direct opposition to free will. He was responsible for the dead walking, and if given the chance, He would do the same to us all." Vulimai's scrutinizing gaze was met by Iradra's own intense look, though her expression remained reserved if not coloured by the intensity in her eyes.

@Sparticus147

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC Stannis | Ambling Alp

The old man got up and began to approach the hallway, making his way towards the cockpit. "That's a long story, Atamai. Maybe I'll tell it to you... after Knichou shows me how to land." He quickly corrected himself: "Land safely, that is. And this airship is not equipped with seatbelts.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro Airspace, The Ambling Alp

Knichou gave Nale a nod at her explanation. As Atamai asked Stannis where he had been, the ex-Ghost sighed slightly and shot the toa of magnetism a knowing look that asked Are we really going to have to go to Stannis's 'office' again?

Luckily, Stannis wanted to get moving instead. Knichou's posture straightened and he lead the posse to the bridge, sitting in the co-pilot's seat.

"Okay, first, deploy the landing gear again, then, make sure we're still only hovering and not flying, then slowly descend until we land. Got it?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Relic Fields

Glistening steel.

The rippling of reality.

A hand slipping away before its destination.

Sparks.

No. 

Stars.

Silver stars. Streams of stars. 

No. 

Blood. 

Her blood.

"... not scared of you." The damaged toa’s voice was hard to hear, and barely above a whisper. Niidak and Exuze almost didn’t catch it. They did catch her coughing, and the pained groan as the toa’s head lulled forward. She tried to rise but couldn't pull herself away from her own depression in the wall. Sparks stuttered from her open wounds. "Got fight left in..."

Her eyes began to grow dim.

OOC: @BULiK, @Daniel the Finlander

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Eyru locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...