Calling All Coders

Dorek

Greetings, loyal denizens/readers/whatever you prefer to be called. We of BIONICLEsector01 find ourselves a bit short-staffed in the coding department, and instead of our usual secretive process hiring cool cats with awesome fonts observing the populace to find a suitable staff selection, we decided to turn to the masses for help.As it stands, we lack people in our coding department, and with the recent transition of servers, we need some support so we don't have to spread ourselves so thinly.If you think you are a capable user with skills in wiki-code (and more, as necessary; we're looking for some top-notch work) and would like to lend a hand to us over at BS01, give us a shout!PM or post here, as desired, with your username, here and on BS01, (just for reference purposes); if you don't have an account, feel free to sign up. In addition, please include a description of your general coding abilities; if you have specific experience that you can demonstrate, please direct us to the area of example.Hope to hear from you all!-BS01/HS01 staff

Wiki code aside, is there a particular coding language you're looking for experience in? I have experience coding, but only in languages like Java and C++, not web-based ones such as PHP or SQL (though I wouldn't be averse to learning).

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I'm the self-described Prince of JavaScript (which may be a bit of an overstatement, but still, I'm darn good with it). I can do some server side stuff with Ruby and Python. I know CSS and HTML quite well, but my design skills suck. I don't know wiki code.

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

Specifying what language you need work done in would be quite helpful. As far as markup goes, I can work with reST, Creole, MediaWiki markup (there's no formal name for it AFAIK), (X)HTML (which isn't really a wiki markup syntax), and MoinMoin. I can also do work with some server-side languages - Python, PHP, and a bit of SQL, too.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

If you're good with Wiki Code, but not the "real" codes like jquery, php, html, or w/e, I think I can safely say you're welcome to help out taking the caches the staff have and work on restoring page. It is mostly just tedium, and images and templates. I think enough pages are back that you should be able to find an example to work from for whatever you are restoring, be it a weapon page, character page, or otherwise.

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

I'm quite fluent in HTML, CSS, JS, Jquery and Python. I also have a general knowledge of C++ and PHP.I used to be fluent in Wikicode about a year ago, I haven't used it in awhile but I'm sure I can pick it up again quickly. :)I'd be happy to help out wherever help is needed! :biggrin:-Metax (My BS01 Username is the same)

Edited by Metax

sig7.jpg
Hi, I'm Metax.  BS01's Lead Programmer and Longtime Bionicle Fan!