We still have a chance to save Bionicle! [Lego 90th Anniversary Poll]

CommanderKumo

Vote for Bionicle, and it'll be in a chance of being revived for one last set for the 90th Anniversary of Lego!

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/fd5cc3b8-284f-4520-825f-7c3f5e4a50fe

What set do you want it to be, if we do win!?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

I think for subcategory they mean a subcategory within the theme you answered. So for Bionicle, a subcategory would probably be something like Toa Nuva or Bohrok, I think.

GENERATION 4: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

• 2 weeks later...

It might be wishful thinking, but if it results in a brand new 90th Anniversary set, the massive success of that set might inspire a new wave of Bionicle. 1 set, or 100, I'd just be happy to see Bionicle celebrated as it should be!

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

19 hours ago, CommanderKumo said:

It might be wishful thinking, but if it results in a brand new 90th Anniversary set, the massive success of that set might inspire a new wave of Bionicle.

I am not so sure the set will be a "massive success" because keep in mind, it might end up not being what most people hope for (it will most likely be made out of system). The Bionicle fandom is tricky one to make a set for.

4 hours ago, Lego David said:

I am not so sure the set will be a "massive success" because keep in mind, it might end up not being what most people hope for (it will most likely be made out of system). The Bionicle fandom is tricky one to make a set for.

I suppose so, but the 90th Anniversary tag should be enough to entice huge sales. I doubt they would've add Bionicle as an option to the poll if they intended the finished product to be System only.

8 hours ago, Lego David said:

I personally was thinking a system bionicle set would be perfect, you could make one similar to the 2006 sets (I feel like those were the best of all three as far as character accuracy and cool ideas) but with the Toa Mata, buildable Rahi, or even Rahkshi, Makuta himself in as a "mini" version of himself. :D

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

I have seen several video types of naysayers videos on youtube claiming balljoints wont be a good option for a anniversary set. I think a  low price constraction set rhat doesn't need to be huge would be ideal try to re-awaken interest with advertising.

But one thing is for certain. If lego only goes for a system based bionicle set then i'm most likely giving it a pass. Those playsets were mostly only big and overpriced and many of the figures had bad designs including legs that are stuck in a arched shape that cant be posed except waist. Hero Factory Invasion from Below had similar ugly figures with detail crammed into minifigure proportions.

Edited by (-Kopaka Toa of Ice-)

Alright, guys. Yesterday, the vote is closed, and it is said that you have to wait until 2022 when Lego reviews the votes. It’s sad, but it’s true. We have to wait another year, guys. 

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/d1613450-c72c-4447-97c3-4120ce28ecbe

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

"It Is Said That "All Endings Are Merely Beginnings Waiting To be Born". Mine Was Much The Same!" ~Mata Nui, 2009 

"Now You May Be Wiser, But If You Think Your Troubles Are Over, You'll Soon Find Out They Have Only Just Begun!" ~Barraki Mini Movie, 2007 

"New Legends Await, But Old Lessons Must Be Remembered. This Is The Way... Of The BIONICLE!!" ~Turaga Vakama, 2003 

"Unity! Duty! Destiny!" 

it's either Bionicle or nothing! Bionicle must return or else the End of all Days might as well happen! we're doomed if Bionicle loses! i'm not toxic, just an incredibly dedicated fan (who is an Autistic Christian, btw!)! 

team up for battle, folks! for it has only just begun! Amen! 

Well, the vote is closed. We’ll find out what theme won in 2022. It’s a bummer, but we will see. I voted for Bionicle, and I hope most people did, too. It needs a lot more glory, and the other themes had enough for like years. I also hope that if Bionicle wins and if the project does well, I hope these ideas of mine will come true. I kept emailing Lego about them: 

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has it been stated if they may have opted for not choosing bionicle out of the three finalists to be adopted. because they had this in their rules.
 Which means there is a 1/3 chance that Bionicle will not get a set despite being in the top 3 with the most votes.

We will run this fan vote of all 30 themes from today the 17th of January 2021, to the 25th of January 2021. Then on February 3rd 2021, we will launch a second fan vote of the top three themes from this fan vote which will run until February 10th 2021. One of these three themes will be what the 90th Anniversary Set will be based on, but we still want to know what the most popular of the final three is!