Papa Smurf

-R8-

5894287606_d6ee58f3b0.jpgIntroducing the fine leader of the Smurf Village, Papa Smurf!5894287552_a63c54b6d3.jpg5894287788_44a548b781.jpgStanding at fourteen inches high, Papa Smurf was a quick build over a seven hour period and used up close to a thousand bricks. Had to run out to Toys 'R' Us to pick up some basic bricks in bulk seeing as it ate up whatever stash of red and blue I had left!5893720999_597bfa9dd8.jpg5893721057_9d19df06b0.jpgSculptures are always a spontaneous build for me; I never actually plan on making what it is I want to make. I was attempting to build some kind of head with a pile of blue and white bricks, when suddenly I was reminded of a certain blue character with memorable white facial hair. That's what happens when you build way after midnight.5893720821_449544d8d0.jpgThe feet are attached to the legs via turntables, so they can be positioned in different (albeit limited) ways.5893720905_230473c13e.jpgThe eyes were offset one half-stud to get the optimal spacing between them.I brought this with me to BrickFair 2011 back in August, and was subjected to kids going 'Smurf! Smurf!' for the several hours the public came to visit. It was coincidental timing as well, considering that the 3-D Smurfs movie came out shortly before BrickFair. In any case, this was a challenging but fun model to work on, and there certainly is room for much improvement. But that's always been the joy of working with LEGO bricks :)Comments and constructive criticism are much appreciated!

Rahkshi8000

Oh, dude, great. You need to enter this in a contest, or give it to a lego store. They'd love it. I like how you angled the feet.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!