First Complete Bionicle US Comic set Documented!

Slumber

Hey guys. Ive been collecting the Bionicle comics for years from different countries regions and variants. Today i have finally completed the only documented complete US set of comics! If you have any questions please let me know. 

Below are all the US Bionicle comics pictured. Every Issue, variant, promotional, exclusive is included. 

Apologies for the main photo being blurry it was insanely difficult trying to get everything in one picture lined up like that.IMG_0111.thumb.jpg.083ab5d0df0d92223dbae4aeb14bea6e.jpg

IMG_0112.thumb.JPG.12a0085bcc1ac7ab1a42fd76efcf42f3.JPG

IMG_0113.thumb.JPG.0a65c3b8b9966dc68890e9304fd2e602.JPG

IMG_0114.thumb.JPG.ab1d4f646b2582b9fca6d6fdf9378f0e.JPG

IMG_0117.thumb.jpg.433d52ab59e188084896c544e3cf1652.jpg

IMG_0120.thumb.JPG.a020e13e37a34ad70e3846ff25cd2e25.JPG

IMG_0121.thumb.JPG.edeaae0b463b0896e98f45e33754e655.JPG

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0119.JPG

IMG_0115.JPG

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Looking for rare Bionicle Promo Materials!

• Press Kits/Press Packs
  • Promo CD/DVDs
  • Style Guides
  • Promo posters/leaflets etc
  • Anything Unique or one of a kind!

Please message if you have anything of interest

Well done! This is very impressive. Sorry to break it to you though. You're still missing at least one. There is the glatorian 4 issue with the red 2009 in the upper left hand corner. That issue has a few pages that the normal glatorian 4 doesnt have.

Just now, ToaDume said:

Well done! This is very impressive. Sorry to break it to you though. You're still missing at least one. There is the glatorian 4 issue with the red 2009 in the upper left hand corner. That issue has a few pages that the normal glatorian 4 doesnt have.

I knew i would get questions about this. I had a few of those already in my collection. They are also not US released promos! It belongs to a completely different set of comics in another English speaking region :)

• Like 1

• Press Kits/Press Packs
  • Promo CD/DVDs
  • Style Guides

12 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I knew i would get questions about this. I had a few of those already in my collection. They are also not US released promos! It belongs to a completely different set of comics in another English speaking region :)

I stand corrected! Thanks! Very nice collection!

Out of curiosity, how were the yellow border "special edition" ones released?

Edited by ToaDume
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, ToaDume said:

I stand corrected! Thanks! Very nice collection!

Out of curiosity, how were the yellow border "special edition" ones released?

Thank you :D For the longest time I also thought it was a US release. I will reveal all about that once I finish that set too! 

The yellow special editions came in various DC and Sports Illustrated for Kids comics/magazines during the time of releases. I cant remember the exact issue numbers.

• Like 1

• Press Kits/Press Packs
  • Promo CD/DVDs
  • Style Guides

2 hours ago, Slumber said:

Thank you :D For the longest time I also thought it was a US release. I will reveal all about that once I finish that set too! 

The yellow special editions came in various DC and Sports Illustrated for Kids comics/magazines during the time of releases. I cant remember the exact issue numbers.

Very cool! I used to have two of the yellow ones that I got in a large lot of items. I just kind of assumed they were UK or Canadian variants or something. Now I kind of regret trading the yellow ones I had  =(

• Like 2

Very impressive work!:ooolala-sign: So cool to see them all displayed in the same place. How long did it take you?!

Also, do you have a master list of sorts that you work off of? I've been working on my own comic collection lately, and while I don't have as many as you yet I'm steadily growing;)

13 hours ago, Slumber said:

I will reveal all about that once I finish that set too! 

*leans on edge of seat* 

• Like 1

:exclamation:currently searching for ANY Gray Plastic Krana Kal (GPKK):exclamation: If you were a member of Proto-squad, or know someone who was, please feel free to get in contact with me

5 hours ago, Humble_Matoran said:

Very impressive work!:ooolala-sign: So cool to see them all displayed in the same place. How long did it take you?!

Also, do you have a master list of sorts that you work off of? I've been working on my own comic collection lately, and while I don't have as many as you yet I'm steadily growing;)

*leans on edge of seat* 

This set took me about 5 years on and off. But only got super serious with it maybe as the pandemic initially hit. Most of that was research and figuring out exactly where each promo came from. I dont currently have a list. But I will have to do one eventually. I hope to scan them all professionally and archive them on a website for all to see :) 

5 hours ago, Bambi said:

Impressive collection! Great job on this. Love the artwork on the old comics.

5 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

This is a nostalgia minefield. I love it.

Thanks guys! I agree the old school covers do just hit different :D

Edited by Slumber
  • Like 1

• Press Kits/Press Packs
  • Promo CD/DVDs
  • Style Guides