Why are some bionicle fans toxic

I was in a server right. I said solek sucks and so do the lime joints of 2007-2009. Some guy called me a "bionicle hater"  He started defending it saying it lego from going broke. And also called me a system fanboy. Not all bionicle fans are toxic, But why do some of yall keep defending it. I dont. I just learn and read about the lore and go to my old bionicles are start playing with them. But guys why are some yall have to be toxic. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bioniclefan7782 said:

Not all bionicle fans are toxic, But why do some of yall keep defending it. 

I certainly don't condone the toxicity, but Bionicle fans have ample reason to feel defensive. There's a rather large subsection of the mainstream Lego community that actively detest Bionicle and its fans, (it's not real Lego, you're not a real Lego fan if you like it, etc).

Between the haters and the fact that those in power in the Lego company these days rarely acknowledge Bionicle existence or role in the brand's history makes it a real uphill battle to gain any kind of foothold or recognition in a lot of areas of the Lego community. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

7 hours ago, Gecko Greavesy said:

I certainly don't condone the toxicity, but Bionicle fans have ample reason to feel defensive. There's a rather large subsection of the mainstream Lego community that actively detest Bionicle and its fans, (it's not real Lego, you're not a real Lego fan if you like it, etc).

Between the haters and the fact that those in power in the Lego company these days rarely acknowledge Bionicle existence or role in the brand's history makes it a real uphill battle to gain any kind of foothold or recognition in a lot of areas of the Lego community. 

But i am a true fan

Edited by Bioniclefan7782

14 hours ago, Mukaukau Nuva said:

Liking a good property (or work of art) doesn't (automatically) make you a good person. 

This needs to go viral and become the go to response whenever someone asks a question like this (about any fandom).

• Upvote 1

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

Dude. I feel your pain. True, there are some toxic fans, but there’s no reason to be toxic at all. Let me tell you how I feel: 

Throughout January and February this year, when there is this Lego Ideas project that will celebrate Lego’s 90th anniversary that has Bionicle as a choice, people keep on saying anti-Bionicle stuff like “Anything but Bionicle” and “Bionicle isn’t real Lego”. Well, let me tell them this: Bionicle is the very thing that saved Lego from bankruptcy in 2001. Bionicle also had some play-sets in 2005-2007. If it weren’t for Bionicle, Lego would have disbanded. It’s because Bionicle with a theme with an original story made by Lego rather than a licensed theme, like Star Wars. Plus, since the project was about voting, I believe most people may have picked Bionicle because it’s the only good theme with a very good story in the 2000s, and it is one of the most successful and most famous themes in history. The story-having themes in the 2010s didn’t do better than Bionicle, despite Ninjago sort of acting like the next Bionicle in its own way with the TV show, and having a Lego Movie spin-off. 

I always believe that Bionicle can come back again somehow because it is a successful theme. It’s a huge part of my childhood that I always focus on. Lego just didn’t know how to manage Bionicle in the 2010s when it focused on other themes. It’s a bit disrespectful to Bionicle, but Bionicle is basically Lego’s own Batman from DC Comics, Spider-Man from Marvel, Sonic the Hedgehog from Sega, Mega Man from Capcom, and Transformers from Hasbro, so that’s why there is a possibility where it can come back. When  ioncile got cancelled in 2010, Hero Factory came to preserve Lego’s action figure category until 2014, when Bionicle came back in 2015-2016. True, there have been cons here and there until 2016, and we don’t have the action figure category running, but Bionicle and Hero Factory could come back because of their good history and how well they did in some parts. 

I’ve seen a lot of fans making fan-made dedications of various kinds for the themes (mostly Bionicle). I believe that if the themes could back somehow in a successful way, they would do well again, like in 2001-2009. I mean, there is the Lego Ideas project coming in 2022, and I have a feeling that it would be based on Bionicle (good for celebrating Bionicle 20th anniversary this year). I would say the same to a Sodoko’s Bionicle Lego Ideas project in Brick Link. If they could happen and if they do well, that could convince Lego to bring back Bionicle and possibly HF. That could also mean re-continuing and ending Bionicle G1’s story, HF’s story, saying that both stories share the same universe (because of their similarities), and possibly giving Bionicle and Hero Factory a much more reasonable reboot that feels Bionicle G1-esque. Since The Hollywood Reporter said in May 2012 that Universal Studios is trying to get the rights for a live-action HF movie, and Lego talked to Universal in 2019 about making movies for Lego, we may also get a live-action cinematic universe for Bionicle and HF that is not The Lego Movie Cinematic Universe. Ninjago is the best Lego theme in the 2010s because it does a lot of things right, something that Bionicle and Hero Factory and could and should have done, so I believe Bionicle and HF could have that opportunity very well if everything is going well. I tried telling people about the ideas, but some doubt me and are pessimistic. That’s very sad to look at, but my ideas are possible and could happen if fans love Bionicle more than other themes. I’m a true Bionicle fan, so I will do whatever it takes to help bring back Bionicle and Hero Factory. 

It’s okay to have opinions and dreams, but people’s shouldn’t bash them or opinionated other fans. Same with Marvel and DC Comics. Don’t let these guys get to you.

• Like 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

"Why are some people mean?"

• Upvote 1

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

On 5/17/2021 at 4:16 PM, Taria Pakari said:

Unfortunately no fandom is free from having toxic individuals. Not much you can really do about it, either.

Yeah youre right every fandom has toxic people in it

On 5/17/2021 at 11:52 AM, Snelly said:

I'm so proud of this community. 

Lol

On 5/13/2021 at 8:12 PM, Toa Silio said:

Literally every fandom has toxic people. Just don't pay attention to them and move along, move along like I know you do.

Yeah I should

On 5/14/2021 at 1:03 PM, Lenny7092 said:

Dude. I feel your pain. True, there are some toxic fans, but there’s no reason to be toxic at all. Let me tell you how I feel: 

Throughout January and February this year, when there is this Lego Ideas project that will celebrate Lego’s 90th anniversary that has Bionicle as a choice, people keep on saying anti-Bionicle stuff like “Anything but Bionicle” and “Bionicle isn’t real Lego”. Well, let me tell them this: Bionicle is the very thing that saved Lego from bankruptcy in 2001. Bionicle also had some play-sets in 2005-2007. If it weren’t for Bionicle, Lego would have disbanded. It’s because Bionicle with a theme with an original story made by Lego rather than a licensed theme, like Star Wars. Plus, since the project was about voting, I believe most people may have picked Bionicle because it’s the only good theme with a very good story in the 2000s, and it is one of the most successful and most famous themes in history. The story-having themes in the 2010s didn’t do better than Bionicle, despite Ninjago sort of acting like the next Bionicle in its own way with the TV show, and having a Lego Movie spin-off. 

I always believe that Bionicle can come back again somehow because it is a successful theme. It’s a huge part of my childhood that I always focus on. Lego just didn’t know how to manage Bionicle in the 2010s when it focused on other themes. It’s a bit disrespectful to Bionicle, but Bionicle is basically Lego’s own Batman from DC Comics, Spider-Man from Marvel, Sonic the Hedgehog from Sega, Mega Man from Capcom, and Transformers from Hasbro, so that’s why there is a possibility where it can come back. When  ioncile got cancelled in 2010, Hero Factory came to preserve Lego’s action figure category until 2014, when Bionicle came back in 2015-2016. True, there have been cons here and there until 2016, and we don’t have the action figure category running, but Bionicle and Hero Factory could come back because of their good history and how well they did in some parts. 

I’ve seen a lot of fans making fan-made dedications of various kinds for the themes (mostly Bionicle). I believe that if the themes could back somehow in a successful way, they would do well again, like in 2001-2009. I mean, there is the Lego Ideas project coming in 2022, and I have a feeling that it would be based on Bionicle (good for celebrating Bionicle 20th anniversary this year). I would say the same to a Sodoko’s Bionicle Lego Ideas project in Brick Link. If they could happen and if they do well, that could convince Lego to bring back Bionicle and possibly HF. That could also mean re-continuing and ending Bionicle G1’s story, HF’s story, saying that both stories share the same universe (because of their similarities), and possibly giving Bionicle and Hero Factory a much more reasonable reboot that feels Bionicle G1-esque. Since The Hollywood Reporter said in May 2012 that Universal Studios is trying to get the rights for a live-action HF movie, and Lego talked to Universal in 2019 about making movies for Lego, we may also get a live-action cinematic universe for Bionicle and HF that is not The Lego Movie Cinematic Universe. Ninjago is the best Lego theme in the 2010s because it does a lot of things right, something that Bionicle and Hero Factory and could and should have done, so I believe Bionicle and HF could have that opportunity very well if everything is going well. I tried telling people about the ideas, but some doubt me and are pessimistic. That’s very sad to look at, but my ideas are possible and could happen if fans love Bionicle more than other themes. I’m a true Bionicle fan, so I will do whatever it takes to help bring back Bionicle and Hero Factory. 

It’s okay to have opinions and dreams, but people’s shouldn’t bash them or opinionated other fans. Same with Marvel and DC Comics. Don’t let these guys get to you.

I should not let toxic people get to me

On 5/14/2021 at 12:08 PM, JAG18 said:

This needs to go viral and become the go to response whenever someone asks a question like this (about any fandom).

Thanks I really hope this becomes viral

On 5/13/2021 at 9:06 PM, Mukaukau Nuva said:

Liking a good property (or work of art) doesn't (automatically) make you a good person. 

Yeah

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Don't mind it. Do not take it personally. Not all of the fans are like that. I once had a post about quality of joint sockets of 2007-2009 that tey are worse than those of 2001-2005. Some people were like you said, called me hater, or like that, but some were civil, and we had normal conversation. Generally, almost every time i ask something here, people are answering normaly, and explaining some stuff i dont know.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 6:49 AM, Raph said:

Don't mind it. Do not take it personally. Not all of the fans are like that. I once had a post about quality of joint sockets of 2007-2009 that tey are worse than those of 2001-2005. Some people were like you said, called me hater, or like that, but some were civil, and we had normal conversation. Generally, almost every time i ask something here, people are answering normaly, and explaining some stuff i dont know.

Yeah, I would say most of the toxic people on here have left the site, there arent too many active users anymore. But if you want to liven up the place that would be great!

• 1 month later...

I like the agori build, but compared to the previous line toys it sucks. I have a sealed ehlek i'm going to open soon, so pray it doesn't crack as it's my first lime joints toy. People can't agree to disagree anymore sometimes it seems, that's why I shouldn't be as active in furry communities compared to my current engagements lol.

Bazinga! I've been a Bionicle Fan since early 2015 and have been aware of it since 2008. Was a bit late to the party due to my age, but that doesn't matter now. Looking for krana and sealed G1 sets at below market value if possible, (otherwise it'll be a few years before I care to collect sets I don't care as much about) Bohrok Kal and Krana Kal Mask Pack sets are ones I am particularly looking for atm.

I go by Nektann or Marcato usually online.

On 5/13/2021 at 7:54 PM, Bambi said:

To be fair, "Solek sucks" might come off as kind of toxic to other people depending on how you word it. :shrugs: But yeah, you'll find people like that pretty much anywhere. Best not to engage with them.

solek isn't that bad and he he a cool personality and has also achieved cult like status so there's that

image.gif.f0b625d4fc4c82b928516a036fc1cf5a.gif