Mapping Out Mata-Nui

2021-06-03_Mata_Nui_Map_teaser.png
When 31203 World Map was revealed, it was cool and all how people can recreate a map of Earth and its oceans and everything, but what we truly wanted to know was how could we use this LEGO Art mosaic set to make something for Bionicle? Theorangebrick got to it pretty quickly and posted a cool piece showing off the classic island of Mata-Nui, complete with a title in Matoran letters, a Hau mask, and a UDD symbol. Despite the limited color palette, they managed to capture a lot of the iconic topography of the island. It's a very cool piece, and excited to see what other Bionicle imagery other people can make from this mosaic kit!

View the full article

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lenny7092 said:

This is fantastic! I want it to be a set, so put it in Lego Ideas! :D

Heh, in case it wasn't obvious, this IS a set; this was made using only pieces from the giant World Map set, so you could buy that one now (if you could find it) and do this kind of alt-build yourself.

As cool as this is, I'm a little jealous that they beat me to a Mata-Nui design because it was something I totally wanted to do with this set already.  XD

:music: