The most annoying set design problems in HF?

Hi, guys. When you build the sets, have you noticed any set design problems? Like, you know, the designs give you problems? Well, here are my problems: 

1. The 2010 Heroes’ limbs are stiff. 
2. Some sets have weapons attached to their arms, and they leave out either the arms or hands. For example, 2010 Stormer’s right arm is a one-piece weapon. Many villains have guns for hands. 
3. Von Nebula’s arms are stiff. The TV show shows that his arms can bend when they look like that they have more pieces that can form actual-looking forearms. 
4. Rotor’s and Vapor’s helmets don’t have eye holes. 
5. Some sets’s arms are uneven. For examples, Drilldozer and Nitroblast. 
6. The Witch Doctor has two little uneven pins sticking out from his waist. I mean, what the heck are those things? 
7. Many sets have empty-looking backs. The TV show shows that there are extra pieces on the backs, but they seem impossible in real life. 
8. I always have a hard time cuffing Jawblade’s and Core Hunter’s wrists because they’re so thick.  
9. The Heroes’ visors in their 2013 sets are attached to their heads rather than their helmets. 
10. The Invasion From Below sets in 2014. They are the worst. 
11. Jetbug is the only Ordeal of Fire villain set to have 2008 hand pieces rather than the CCBS hand pieces.

Edited by Lenny7092
Grammar mistakes.
  • Like 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

3 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

Hi, guys. When you build the sets, have you noticed any set design problems? Like, you know, the designs give you problems? Well, here are my problems: 

1. The 2010 Heroes’s limbs are stiff. 
2. Some sets have weapons attached to their arms, and they leave out either the arms or hands. For example, 2010 Stormer’s right arm is a one-piece weapon. Many villains have guns for weapons. 
3. Von Nebula’s arms are stiff. The TV show shows that his arms can bend when they look like that they have more pieces that can form actual-looking forearms. 
4. Rotor’s and Vapor’s helmets don’t have eye holes. 
5. Some sets’s arms are uneven. For examples, Drilldozer and Nitroblast. 
6. The Witch Doctor has two little uneven pins sticking out from his waist. I mean, what the heck are those things? 
7. Many sets have empty-looking backs. The TV show shows that there are extra pieces on the backs, but they seem impossible in real life. 
8. I always have a hard time cuffing Jawblade’s and Core Hunter’s wrists because they’re so thick.  
9. The Heroes’s visors in their 2013 sets are attached to their heads rather than their helmets. 
10. The Invasion From Below sets in 2014. They are the worst. 
11. Jet bug is the only Ordeal of Fire villain set to have 2008 hand pieces rather than the CCBS hand pieces.

Honestly, other than a couple of things here and there, HF sets seem fine to me. But one thing that I always wondered about was if they actually would make a Stringer 2.0 set, because in Breakout 1 he has 3 arms: two normal CCBS arms, but then his right-hand weapon is his 1.0 weapon, which was his arm... Just go watch the beginning of the Breakout 1 episode on the LEGO YouTube channel and you'll see what I mean.

• 6 months later...
On 6/9/2021 at 3:13 PM, Lenny7092 said:

2. Some sets have weapons attached to their arms, and they leave out either the arms or hands. For example, 2010 Stormer’s right arm is a one-piece weapon. Many villains have guns for weapons. 
11. Jet bug is the only Ordeal of Fire villain set to have 2008 hand pieces rather than the CCBS hand pieces.

Also Jetbug have a very noticeable flaw. His head is designed so he has Nitroblast's face on the other end on his head so lego could recolor it in red. This uneven face is noticeable from all angles except the front.

I have a few of my own

2010 Stormer, Stringer and Bulk had specialized full weapons arm.
Many sets during 2.0 had unevenly sized armor pieces on certain sets. Just look at how Natalie Breeze looks like.

Starting with 2.0 Savage jungle and the other years many sets don't have fists on both arms just so they can create weapons instead. Furno XL is the worst offender...the designers could have put it on the side of arm (like Brain Attack Stormer's left weapon shield)
Witch Doctor and Fire Lord and many other sets have big gaps in them
Stringer lost his orange colors during the Breakout storyline.

Lastly Bruizer from Brain Attack is just bad in every way imaginable just for a gimmick arm that is just awful

Edited by (-Kopaka Toa of Ice-)

• 5 months later...

The fact that the 1.0 and 3.0 Heroes have the same helmets...

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2022 at 9:52 PM, V-Dawg said:

The biggest one has to be Core Hunter's claw snipping be advertised as a play feature.

I just had to look up Core Hunter to remember what he looks like, and yeah, that's pretty lazy.

At least the Barraki jaws had some distance between them before closing.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

26 minutes ago, V-Dawg said:

The Barraki jaws were meant to close?!?!? 😨

Well, they weren't meant to stay closed, but they were designed to be somewhat flexible so that you could pinch them together. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

On 6/23/2022 at 7:24 PM, Lorentz said:

The fact that the 1.0 and 3.0 Heroes have the same helmets...

You mean the 1.0 and Breakout Heroes? What’s wrong with the Breakout Heroes’ helmets? They are the classic part of the Heroes.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

On 3/5/2023 at 10:12 PM, Lenny7092 said:

You mean the 1.0 and Breakout Heroes? What’s wrong with the Breakout Heroes’ helmets? They are the classic part of the Heroes.

Because it's the same exact piece. 

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2023 at 9:58 AM, Tohunga Premium said:

Not all of them are. One I can think of off the top of my head that I know for sure isn’t the same is Stormer XL’s helmet. 

Well isn't Stormer XL a new set?

3 hours ago, confused piraka said:

I personally didn't like the 1.0 heroes for there legs and arms. mine are all broken

Yeah the sets really started to get better quality wise after 2.0.

The villain designs were pretty cool though for 1.0, I still have Xplode and Corroder, and I want Rotor someday.

• Like 1

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

• 1 month later...

I didn't mention this in my last post, but the most annoying thing about HF sets to me was how the G1 heroes had their weapons built into their arms. Maybe I was just a weird kid, but I sometimes liked to play with my sets in "neutral" form without any weapons, plus it makes it harder to incorporate those pieces as anything else.

One thing that made Bionicle titans iconic to me was how they'd repurpose weapons, like the Air Katana landing gear on the Ussanui and Hydraxon's bat ears. With the HF characters who had those bulky arm/weapon pieces, you couldn't even switch what arm they were on.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!