BIONICLE AGE - Music Video - Paul Hardcastle

Waj

Made this music video about 3 years ago, but thought I'd post it to BZP for my first real topic here on the site.

I really liked the unreleased song by Paul Hardcastle called 'Bionicle Age', and I wanted to sync the video to the beats of the song. Also tried stringing together a narrative for the various segments of the song: a calm before the storm, villians attacking, heroes descending etc. Been thinking about remaking the vid using LordFindogask734's 4K upscales, but don't know if I will. Something cool that recently happened was Paul Hardcastle actually commenting on it-- didn't expect that at all.

I'd be interested to hear what y'all think of it! :D

• Like 1

This is awesome!  Great job, Waj! :D  I love how you synced everything up (especially the Vohrak’s and Carapar’s first appearances and the transition from Toa to Turaga Vakama when the lyrics say “but still the same”)!  I also want to say that I appreciate the usage of the music video for BIONICLE a brain  ;) :P 

Whoa, he actually commented on it?  That’s awesome!

Edited by Daler99
  • Like 2

~Daler

1 hour ago, Daler99 said:

This is awesome!  Great job, Waj! :D  

I love how you synced everything up (especially the Vohrak’s and Carapar’s first appearances and the transition from Toa to Turaga Vakama when the lyrics say “but still the same”)!  I also want to say that I appreciate the usage of the music video for BIONICLE a brain  ;) :P 

Whoa, he actually commented on it?  That’s awesome!

Thanks man! Yeah, I had a lot of fun syncing vids up with the lyrics. That whole sequence first has Vakama as a Metru, then it flashes forward to his Turaga days, followed by a glimpse of the Vahi (the mask he created), and then it flashes back to when he got transformed into a Hordika. I had a lot of fun making small sequences like that. I slipped in quite a few memier references like Jaller from Insane BIONICLE Brain, and I even tied that with it's own little sequence involving Jaller Inika holding Thok's spine from BIONICLE heroes, followed by him being held by Hydraxon as a Mahri-- kinda like a call and response ;) :P .

I didn't even know Hardcastle had a YouTube account, so it was pretty cool when he commented on it. Maybe he was nostalgic about BIONICLE?

• Like 1