Who was Nivawk's Owner?

During his takeover of Metru Nui, Teridax wore the disguise of Turaga Dume. As Turaga, he would often use his pet Nivawk to spy on the Toa Metru and carry him around the city(https://biosector01.com/wiki/Nivawk). My question is, when did Nivawk first become the pet of the Turaga? Did he ever serve the true Turaga, or was he only ever the servant of Makuta?

:m: :a: :x:    :n: :u: :i:

For some reason I remember seeing it was given to Dume as a pet, though I don't remember where. 

From the Rahi Beasts guide book:

Very little is known about the Rani flyer known as Nivawk.

It is believed that Nivawk is its given name, not its species
name. It first appeared in Metru Nui some 18 months prior
to the Great Cataclysm, roughly the same time Makuta
assumed the identity of Turaga Dume. Nivawk was Makuta's
pet and spy, monitoring events in the city from above and
then reporting back to its master.
Nivawk is an extremely powerful bird, resembling a large
Rahi hawk or falcon. It is strong enough to carry a Matoran
without any strain and occasionally transported "Dume"
from place to place. Nivawk feeds on smaller flyers, mostly
in Le-Metru, swooping down and grabbing them out of their
nests. If attacked, Nivawk relies on its beak and claws for
both offense and defense.
After Makuta revealed his true identity, he used a shadow
claw to grab Nivawk and absorb the Rahi into his substance.
Makuta later appeared with Nivawk's wings growing from his
back. It remains a mystery whether this Rahi is truly dead or
if there are any more of its species.
Rahaga Kualus says: "I don't even want to discuss this one, no,
no. The only thing that surprised me about this foul creature
was that it had the nerve to hunt living prey, rather than just
scavenge among the dead. If it were still in the city, well ...
though it shames me to say it, I don't think I would try very
hard to save it from the Visorak."

Edited by Bambi

Greg said once that Nivawk's was only Makuta's pet.

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Nivawk could well have been created by Teridax specifically to monitor Metru Nui (and give him rides), based on the fact that nobody seems to have seen a similar animal before or since. Rather than a member of a species, he could have been a completely unique individual.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

I could see it going either way. It would have been smart of Teridax to have a servant directly monitoring Metru Nui prior to him assuming Dume's identity. Teridax himself might have gifted Nivawk to Dume. Plus, it would help deflect any suspicion if Nivawk had been a common sight prior to Teridax's plan.

I like the idea of Nivawk being part of a species. I always liked picturing groups of Nivawks flying over Voya Nui when I was younger.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Tangential: but why does Kualus sound like he hates Nivawk so much, in that quote that Bambi provided? Based on what Kualus says, I would have expected the preceding description to make it out to be a truly vile beast of unspeakable habits and mannerisms; but I see nothing in the text to justify calling it a "foul creature" which he implies to be deserving of mutation and / or death... is it just because of its association with Makuta that Kualus reviles Nivawk so? Or is it because it eats smaller fliers, and Kualus is a friend to all birds?

I dunno, it's a bit off-topic, but that's just puzzling to me. Not least of which because I always thought Nivawk was cool...

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

23 hours ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

Tangential: but why does Kualus sound like he hates Nivawk so much, in that quote that Bambi provided? Based on what Kualus says, I would have expected the preceding description to make it out to be a truly vile beast of unspeakable habits and mannerisms; but I see nothing in the text to justify calling it a "foul creature" which he implies to be deserving of mutation and / or death... is it just because of its association with Makuta that Kualus reviles Nivawk so? Or is it because it eats smaller fliers, and Kualus is a friend to all birds?

I dunno, it's a bit off-topic, but that's just puzzling to me. Not least of which because I always thought Nivawk was cool...

Same reason Ace Ventura hates bats, basically.

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

5 hours ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

I'm afraid that reference goes quite over my head xD;

Watch a movie