Anyone want Bionicle G1 and HF to share the same universe? 2.0

Hi, guys. I know that Hero Factory was there when Bionicle was gone in 2010 and then HF disappeared when Bionicle came back in 2015. Sadly, there is no HF G2 after Bionicle G2 ended for some reason. :(

Well, I ask the question above because people kept on confusing HF with Bionicle. That’s probably because Bionicle is more popular and HF is very similar (my friend once said to me “Stormer is my favorite Bionicle character”. Lol). Plus, people are into shared universes these days, like the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the fact that Dexter’s Laboratory and The Powerpuff Girls G1 share the same universe when they both have Major Glory, the fact that Ben 10 G1 and The Secret Saturdays share the same universe when Dr. Animo and V.V. Argost are working together, the fact and Rugrats and Wild Thornberrys share the same universe when the Pickles crashed onto the Thornberrys’ island, and the fact that Legends of Chima shares the same universe as Ninjago’s when the world of Chima is presented as one of Ninjago’s Sixteen Realms.

True, Greg Farshtey said that Bionicle and Hero Factory don’t have a connection just because Bionicle didn’t sell well in 2010 and 2015-2016 (maybe also if Greg were to say they do, he would have the re-continue Bionicle G1’s and HF’s stories to do it, but he really needs to finish their stories and have that kind of crossover happen. Seriously), but it’s been a long time, and if HF were to be preserved, I believe it’s best somehow have HF be a part of Bionicle’s universe for HF’s memory and sake (perhaps for Bionicle’s 20th anniversary and HF’s 11th anniversary this year). We should change Greg’s mind about it, in other words. Perhaps through a vote by TTV Message Boards, like how Helryx and Artakha happened. And/or, if that Lego Ideas project made by Sodoka in Brick Link is sold well and if Lego’s 90th anniversary Lego Ideas project in 2022 is based on Bionicle and sold well, that would happen, too. 

Plus, the themes may be implied to share the same universe because of these, and there’s nothing contradicting. I mean, look at Star Wars and Indiana Jones. They are a little similar (Indy did a reference to SW) and they are made by Lucasfilm. I might think people from there said the same thing as Greg, but it may be implied that they do share the same universe (they don’t contradict, and Indiana Jones lives on Earth while Earth is never seen in Star Wars). Disney owns Lucasfilm, so that could happen (anything could happen). So, Lego could say that Bionicle G1 and HF share the same universe without any contradiction (Spherus Magna and the Hero Factory’s home planet would be different planets, so anything could happen), even if Lego would have to bring the themes back.

I said this because HF is a good theme for many reasons. It helped out Lego for Bionicle, so it’s worthy. It is successful because of the sets primarily (the 2012 sets are the best sets). It has a good story, too (for the first three years, at least).

If Bionicle and HF were to share the same universe, I have a good explanation on how can that be: When at least one or two Great Beings left Spherus Magna because it was getting destroyed (the rest of the Great Beings are trapped on Bara Magna and Bota Magna while one is disguised as a Matoran), they moved to another planet, which could be Earth. They probably learned the English language in there. When they got to another planet, they still want to create stuff as their hobby, so they create Mr. Makuro. Makuro looks like a Turaga, probably because the Turaga were a template for him. When Makuro noticed evil in the universe, he probably had the Great Beings help him create Hero Factory. The Heroes look like Glatorian, but with the hearts of Toa, probably because the Glatorian and Toa are templates for the Heroes. The English language is applied in the factory. The Great Beings hid themselves in either Earth or Makuro’s planet, but they noticed that SM has healed, so they returned there. That there is a theory that can fit very well. I mean, this would logically explain who created Makuro, why the Heroes look like Glatorian (the Great Beings’ species), and what were the Great Beings doing during the destruction of their planet.

If the shared universe idea were to be said in Bionicle G1’s and Hero Factory’s story, it would go like this:

1. In Bionicle G1, if Greg would re-continue it, the Great Beings would be coming back to Spherus Magna and and they would be thinking about them getting involved with HF. Here are the ideas to support this:  
  2. They would mention that if they are revealed to SM’s people. If Bionicle G1’s story were to end, it would end with the Great Beings taking some curious Bionicle characters to HF and the planet Earth for peaceful visits.
  3. If Hero Factory’s story is re-continued, Makuro would be thinking about himself being created by the Great Beings. Here are the ideas to support this:  
  4. A short story where the Toa and Glatorian meet the Heroes on an adventure together.

Greg should really consider these ideas and re-continuing both Bionicle G1’s and HF’s stories for the sake of them and us. I’m being very reasonable. We should talk to Greg about them because it’s been too long. Seriously. :)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

A Bionicle x Hero Factory crossover would be terrible. Neither franchises would benefit from sharing a universe.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

It wouldn’t be terrible. It doesn’t hurt to do a shared universe crossover. I mean, look at Ninjago. It has Legends of Chima as a part of it. That never hurt. People are into shared universe these days, like Powerpuff Girls G1 being a part of Dexter Laboratory’s universe (Major Glory and his friends), Ben 10 and The Secret Saturdays (there is a crossover episode in Ben 10: Omniverse), and Rugrats with The Wild Thornberries (there is a movie about it). Please understand. I believe it’s possible if Lego would bring Bionicle and Hero Factory back depending on Lego Ideas’ Lego 90th anniversary project. Please have some hope. How would you like if I am right?

On 7/3/2021 at 4:04 AM, Lorentz said:

Neither franchises would benefit from sharing a universe.

Indeed. They really don't fit together, in terms of theme and lore.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

On 7/2/2021 at 7:04 PM, Lorentz said:

Neither franchises would benefit from sharing a universe.

Indeed. They really don't fit together, in terms of theme and lore.

yes, for instance:

bionicle quote: Let me in there. I'm gonna strangle that freak and shove that spear down his-”   -vezok

hero factory quote:“Mmmm.... Cake”  -nex

but you know what should share a universe with hf? galidor!

Edited by Heyzorks
  • Upvote 1

cd8fe5e91d9a2d2ad25eceee0f67b726e8e8ae67.gif.9de126b854fc59a28d4a68fcd1ec0fd9.gif

On 7/2/2021 at 12:48 PM, Lenny7092 said:

It wouldn’t be terrible. 

Yes it would. All of those cartoons you mentioned have similar tones and fit together pretty well. They're also mostly comedic, where anything can happen as long as it's funny. Bionicle isn't comedic. 

Then again, if you want to combine G2 and Hero Factory, go ahead. 

Edited by Lorentz
  • Upvote 1

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys. You got it all wrong about G2. G2 would not fit well because of how it performed. G1 would fit well because the Great Beings may have done something. Now, that’s logical.

Edited by Lenny7092
Grammar issues.

17 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

Guys. You got it all wrong about G2. G2 would not fit well because of how it performed. G1 would fit well because the Great Beings may have done something. Now, that’s logical.

I'm sorry guys, but to be honest, I really wouldn't want Hero Factory to be related to Bionicle G1 or 2. Now, I don't want to start an argument like what happened on the Hashtags thread, but here's my reasoning: Bionicle has always been about the story. Yes, the story was created to promote the toys. Yes, G2 isn't as invested on story. However, Hero Factory is different.

Hero Factory is like Garry's Mod: It's a big, open sandbox that's not limited by heavy lore (that being said, I love the HF lore, even moreso than Bionicle. I know, I'm weird) and is open to any fan ideas. While Bionicle had its canon contests, HF LITERALLY let you make your own monster report and it would be uploaded to the website's main page. Canon right there.

Also, tonally, Bionicle is VERY different. Other than some of "those scenes" in The Legend Reborn, Bionicle is kinda dark in some places. I don't mean G2 though. Not in the slightest. While Breakout and the books did take a darker approach, it wasn't as dark as Bionicle, and it's HF, so it would have a happy cliche ending.

Lenny, you've come up with great ideas in terms of an HF finale, but right now, I'm not too invested with the idea. Don't stop coming up with ideas, I could be totally wrong and this could all be absolute schlock and in fact the two are connected. I'm just saying.

TL;DR It's an option.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2021 at 12:25 AM, Lenny7092 said:

You got it all wrong about G2. G2 would not fit well because of how it performed. 

We weren't talking about performance, though. We were clearly referring to the theme, tone, etc. of the stories. 

Both Gen2 and HF were more slapstick, kid-friendly stories without much in the way of narrative depth or character development.

If you want to bring performance into the discussion, then the only conclusion to be made is that there's absolutely no reason or justification for Lego to revive or combine any of these themes. I think it's safe to say that the writing has been on the wall for Constraction lines for a long while now.

• Like 4

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

On 6/27/2021 at 5:56 PM, Lenny7092 said:

Sadly, there is no HF G2 after Bionicle G2 ended for some reason.

Now here are the reasons why: First: Nobody but you wanted HF G2. Second: G2 has just failed, why do another Bionicle successor?

Edited by Sailor Wah!

1 hour ago, Lenny7092 said:

There are some people that wanted HF G2. I am not the only one. 

I agree with you there, I'm one of them too, but LEGO is a business, and businesses work for money. Bionicle got a G2 because every cool kid used to have them Toa in the 2000s, but not every cool kid had a Furno or a Stormer. And we know the rest of the story.

2 hours ago, Heyzorks said:

i think hf should crossover with galidor.

if nobody else does this, i probably will.:) 

Lol! Wait, you aren't serious--are you? ... AAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!! You monster! AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

18 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

Two things: 

1. There are some people that wanted HF G2. I am not the only one. 
2. Galidor would most likely not work because it failed tremendously. Bionicle G1 is the best choice for a crossover with HF.

1. Ok, but I'm sure there are more Flat Earthers out there than people who want HF G2.

2. This was a joke. Not everything we write here is meant seriously.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 10:25 AM, Lenny7092 said:

None of the lines being discussed (G1, G2 or HF) are still active, so clearly none of them were performing as well as they could have by their end. But that's not an effective measurement of whether or not franchises would make interesting crossovers. Lego City and Lego Star Wars are both evergreen themes, but that doesn't mean they have compatible storytelling goals.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 2 months later...

It's possible, but I enjoy both forms of media for different reasons, so the ultimate tone and story telling style wouldn't be cohesive enough for me. Honestly though due to the Lego tradition of free play, I'd leave it entirely up to individual choices and Lego shouldn't force either position on any of the fans.

Bazinga! I've been a Bionicle Fan since early 2015 and have been aware of it since 2008. Was a bit late to the party due to my age, but that doesn't matter now. Looking for krana and sealed G1 sets at below market value if possible, (otherwise it'll be a few years before I care to collect sets I don't care as much about) Bohrok Kal and Krana Kal Mask Pack sets are ones I am particularly looking for atm.

I go by Nektann or Marcato usually online.