First Round of BrickLink Designer Program Opens Tomorrow

After much anticipation, tomorrow we'll finally have the chance to make the LEGO Ideas BIONICLE Legends project by Sokoda into a reality, along with seven other 10k Club members. Starting at 3 PM UTC (11 AM EDT, 8 AM PDT), eight models from the BrickLink Designer Program will go up for sale as part of the first round of crowdfunding. The first five projects that reach three thousand preorders will go into production, with a maximum of five thousand copies of each being made. No prices have been revealed yet, but I don't expect any of them to be cheap. Still, this is going to be the closest chance we get to a new Bionicle set since G2 ended in 2016. I know I'll be backing it, and I look forward to seeing the results when things open tomorrow!

View the full article

I just created my Bricklink account earlier today, so hopefully I'll have a chance to get myself a copy of that Bionicle set.

A maximum of 5,000 will be made? :blink: I'd better make an effort to get my preorder in as soon as possible tomorrow. Knowing how immensely popular Bionicle is, I'll be surprised if it takes more than just a few days to hit that cap. I've already missed out on the crowdfunded Lego book, and I do not want to miss this opportunity as well.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

I’m excited! I hope I can pre-order it, and it will be on the shelves! If it is successful, I hope it would convinced Lego to do these ideas for Bionicle and Hero Factory: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/29403-how-would-g1-be-re-continued-and-ended/ , http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/29475-how-would-hero-factory-be-re-continued-and-ended/ , and http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/31161-anyone-want-bionicle-g1-and-hf-to-share-the-same-universe-20/ (ignore people’s negative comments because they don’t mean it, and it’s because Bionicle and HF aren’t here now). Seriously. It’s based on business.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

So, right now Bionicle is in 6th place, and if #5 gets funded first, it's over, they won't produce the set. But #5 is still less than 1/3 of the way funded, so there is still a big opportunity for Bionicle to outpace it! Spread the word to fellow Bionicle fans!

Edited by Toa Zaz

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Okay, I knew it was gonna go by fast, but I never imagined it would be all over in just hours rather than days. :blink: Heck, the castle set that got first place sold out in just minutes! At this rate, what's the point of having a crowdfund open for over a month if all the winners get maxed out in only a single day?

I was a little busy with something else today, so I didn't get a chance to place my preorder of the Bionicle set, not that it would've mattered anyway, seeing as it failed to hit the minimum number of preorders before five other sets. Well, at least it still did better than the only other set to fail... :notsure:

I do still have my new Bricklink account, though. Not sure if I'll ever get to use it for anything in particular anytime soon, but at least if something else comes up down the road, I'll have the option available. (After all, I had created my Lego Ideas account a couple years ago just to enter a contest that I ended up miserably failing at, but I still use that account to this day to give my vote of support to other set ideas I might find interesting.)

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.