It’s been 10 years since G1 story stopped. :(

Hi, guys. It’s been 10 years since Bionicle’s G1 story stopped after the final chapter of Sahmad’s Tale. It’s very sad to look at. I really wish Greg Farshtey, or someone else, should re-continue and end the story. I mean, there’s a crazy Great Being doing evil stuff. I get that the story is mainly about Mata Nui’s mission to restore Spherus Magna, but that and in-resolved stuff is bothering me and some of you guys. I hope the re-continuation could happen someday somehow. It would be a good gift for Bionicle’s 20th anniversary this year if it could happen. Greg said in an interview in 2013 that it’s up to Lego to let him do it. On September 2020, I asked Lego about bringing back Bionicle and Hero Factory to celebrate Bionicle’s 20th anniversary, re-continuing Bionicle’s G1 story and HF’s story, and saying that Bionicle G1 and HF share the same universe due to their similarities, in either 2021 or 2022. Lego said a vague reply, but they like my ideas and understood my reasons (don’t listen to those pessimistic comments because they are just meaningless jokes): 

I also hope that Sodoka’s project in Brick Link and a Bionicle-based Lego 90th anniversary project in Lego Ideas in 2022 would make our wishes happen if they are successful. We are in quite a mess, aren’t we? We need a lot of justice for these stories. Samurai Jack had a fifth season in 2017 to finish up its story after 13 years of hiatus, and Hey Arnold got a TV movie in 2017 that finished up its story after 13 years of hiatus, so I believe anything is possible when it comes to memorable and famous franchises. :(

• Upvote 2

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

17 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

It’s never too late to set things right.

Yes it is. It's been 10 years. After a reboot fails, it'd be financial suicide to try again.

• Upvote 1

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

2 hours ago, Lorentz said:

Yes it is. It's been 10 years. After a reboot fails, it'd be financial suicide to try again.

It’s not too late when you can hope that Lego Ideas’ Lego 90th anniversary will be based on Bionicle in 2022. Please understand that. Maybe if it happened successful, that could re-continue Bionicle G1’s story, Hero Factory’s story, and say that both of them share the same universe due to their similarities. That’s called doing justice on those things.

• Like 1

G1 will never come back, and Hero Factory will never EVER come back. Also, nobody but you wants to have them share the same universe; it doesn't even make any sense.

Edited by Lorentz
  • Upvote 1

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

You’re being negative. When Bionicle and Hero Factory were around, Bionicle fans always hope and support them, but when the themes are gone, some people like you lost your optimism, and that’s not okay. No offense. What I said is possible. Lego can make anything possible nowadays. I mean, look at Ninjago. It has Legends of Chima as a part of it. Samurai Jack got it’s fifth and final season after 13 years of hiatus. Same with Hey Arnold with TV movie after 13 years. Please understand that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Honestly, I'm with Lorentz on this. Remember, at the end of the day, Bionicle was always a toy line first, and a story second. If the toys aren't successful or being produced/sold any more, then they're not going to make/continue a story for it. As much as we may want it back, LEGO needs to prioritize what is actually making them money, and as it stands right now, Bionicle is not profitable. Bionicle may return one day, but it won't be G1.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

G2 may not be the best thing that we had, and everyone loves G1, so G1s in general can continue in some ways. I mean, look at Transformers G1 and Ghostbusters G1. Transformers has comics while Ghostbusters has third movie coming in this year (or next because of the pandemic). Bionicle and these other franchises are so forgivable that their G1s re-continued. Bionicle is a fan-favorite Lego franchise, so yes. 
Plus, Samurai Jack and Hey Arnold were never rebooted in 2017. They had a new season and TV movie, respectively, to finish up their stories.
Would you like to have Disney buy Bionicle and Hero Factory? It never rebooted Star Wars. 

Don’t agree with Lorentz. No offense. It’s just that when Bionicle and Hero Factory were around, everyone, even in BZPower and Reddit, were happy and loved to talk about possibilities for the themes’ futures. They were a proud bunch of fans, and they always hoped that the themes could have more stuff then what we have now. However, when the themes ended, some of the fans were acting pessimistic. I noticed that in my topics in BZPower and Reddit. I always make these topics to keep up the good mood, but these people never listened. It’s not pretty, and I wish these guys are joking. People in social media always troll others nowadays. Are they focusing on Ninjago nowadays? Ninjago is not the same as Bionicle and Hero Factory in some ways, primarily because we are action figure fans. I emailed Lego about the situation in September 2020 and I begged it to bring back Bionicle and Hero Factory (and also, re-continue and end Bionicle’s G1 story and Hero Factory’s and have them share the same universe), so the pessimistic fans can be happy people again. Lego made a vague reply, but they love my ideas and understand how I feel. Lego also talks about Bionicle a little each year after 2016. Greg Farshtey and Faber still love Bionicle and Hero Factory. Faber also understood my feelings and pleas in Instagram and Facebook. Trust me. 

This year could be our chance to bring back Bionicle (and HF). True, Sodoka’s Bionicle Legends project in Lego Ideas couldn’t become a set twice, but we have Lego Ideas’ Lego 90th anniversary project coming up in 2022. Remember that it had a list of choices that are the old themes before the 2010s. Bionicle is one of them. It was one of the top choices. I bet and hope that Bionicle will be the theme that the project will be based on because Bionicle has a soul and a much larger fan base than the other choices. If that could happened successfully, I bet Lego would make our wishes (my ideas) come true because it depends on business, like you said. Perhaps that could make things a lot better for Bionicle and Hero Factory, like giving them a reasonable reboot that captures the glory days in 2001-2009. Don’t forget that Bionicle saved Lego from bankruptcy in 2001, you know, so Lego should respect that. I bet it does, and this year is Bionicle’s 20th anniversary. Lego is also impressed that fans are still dedicated fans, as it likes that fan game called Bionicle: Quest for Mata Nui. Lego never stopped a a fan group called LiteStone Studios from modifying and finishing up Bionicle’s cancelled video game called The Legend of Mata Nui. 

If you guys are fans since either 2001-2010, I hope you guys understand because I have been a fan since day one. I always believe in possibilities that could actually and reasonably happen. Everyone knows that.

Edited by Lenny7092
Forgot something.

On 7/3/2021 at 5:44 AM, Lenny7092 said:

You’re being negative. 

I don't see Lorentz's comments as negativity. They're being realistic. 

The simple truth is that Lego, as a company, isn't interested in Bionicle. There's a lot of Lego "fans" who outright detest Bionicle. There's a lot of Bionicle fans who don't like Hero Factory. And there's a lot of Bionicle fans who've come up with their own theories on continuations and crossovers and would likely reject an awkward official attempt to connect disparate themes like this.

The kind of wacky crossovers than you keep making all of these threads to force down our throats is something that services only a very, very small niche in the Lego community. There's absolutely no justification whatsoever for the Lego company to ever consider doing such a thing. If you really want this crossover to happen, the best thing you can do is just write a fanfic, and post it in the stories forum. 

• Upvote 3

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

You also seem to have yourself convinced that these LEGO Ideas and BrickLink sets will bring Bionicle back if they succeed. You seem to have forgotten that the Ideas sets are usually quite pricey, meaning mainly collectors will be buying them, so such low numbers being sold will hardly be enough to warrant the revival of an entire product line. And as for the BrickLink thing, that's already fallen through, showing us that there's not nearly enough interest in Bionicle these days compared to other LEGO products.

I'm sorry, but Bionicle just doesn't have the same scale as it did in the fandom's old days. People just have more important things going on in their lives to fully care about a children's toy line as they've got older.

• Upvote 1

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

On 7/2/2021 at 3:44 PM, Lenny7092 said:

You’re being negative. When Bionicle and Hero Factory were around, Bionicle fans always hope and support them, but when the themes are gone, some people like you lost your optimism, and that’s not okay. No offense. What I said is possible. Lego can make anything possible nowadays. I mean, look at Ninjago. It has Legends of Chima as a part of it. Samurai Jack got it’s fifth and final season after 13 years of hiatus. Same with Hey Arnold with TV movie after 13 years. Please understand that.

Did you get a chance to listen to Greg Farshtey's 20-year anniversary message on YouTube? If not, I'd highly recommend giving it a watch. It is very short and Greg really lays out what, in his mind, makes Bionicle dead or alive, and I agree with it 100%. I don't primarily engage with Bionicle by seeing it on shelves and buying sets. I don't even really engage with Lego at all exactly like how I did when I was younger. If I want to enjoy Bionicle, I make a MOC or watch a cool fan series like SuddenlyOranges's Reviving Bionicle. I wish Bionicle could be pumping out 2003 levels of story (quality and quantity-wise) 24/7 but it's just impossible. I'm glad Lego retired G1 with dignity when they did instead of milking the franchise until it was a shadow of its former self (looking at you, Total Drama). G2 barely left an impact on me. I think it deserved a full third year, but I bought very few of the final wave of sets, and that's all I could have done that would have actually incentivized Lego to continue it.

Ninjago and Chima have incredibly similar tones, target demographics and animation styles. Bionicle never understood itself as being kid-friendly in exactly the same way, and there's no way they could have done a crossover without it feeling awkward and forced. Many Samurai Jack fans (myself included) think Season 5 was the worst season. Not that it was bad; there was a lot to like about it, but it was rushed and unnecessarily retconned a lot of great points of the show's original run (for instance, Jack never becomes the warrior king he was prophesied to). I don't think anyone sees Samurai Jack as a show with five equal seasons: it was a show with four seasons with a final one tacked on after the fact. When I want to experience a burst of elementary school nostalgia, I don't think to put on the Samurai Jack that came out when I was in college.

I hope you don't mind me saying this, but I've never actually seen you contribute to the Bionicle fandom. I've never seen a MOC built by you or read a fanfiction written by you, nor do I really see you even comment on other people's fan works. I only ever see incredibly repetitive posts about why, against all logic, Lego should revive a franchise that enjoyed an impressive run but was clearly past its prime.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I hope you don't mind me saying this, but I've never actually seen you contribute to the Bionicle fandom. I've never seen a MOC built by you or read a fanfiction written by you, nor do I really see you even comment on other people's fan works. I only ever see incredibly repetitive posts about why, against all logic, Lego should revive a franchise that enjoyed an impressive run but was clearly past its prime.

yeah, now that i think about it..

cd8fe5e91d9a2d2ad25eceee0f67b726e8e8ae67.gif.9de126b854fc59a28d4a68fcd1ec0fd9.gif

On 7/6/2021 at 12:07 PM, Master Inika said:

I'm glad Lego retired G1 with dignity

I wouldn't really call the Stars line "dignified..." They should have given them one fully-funded finale year, with more time to plan out the story's conclusion, and a proper line of sets. 

On 7/8/2021 at 10:08 AM, Lorentz said:

I wouldn't really call the Stars line "dignified..." They should have given them one fully-funded finale year, with more time to plan out the story's conclusion, and a proper line of sets. 

*relative dignity

The Exo-Force storyline just stopped one day with no resolution. That could have been Bionicle.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm continually impressed with BIONICLE fans who claim to want BIONICLE to come back, centrally because I don't think I've ever seen a person give any tangible concept of how this would work, why it would work, and why it wouldn't be an absurd disservice to what exists. Here's how I feel, and have felt for years now: BIONICLE doesn't need to be continued, and you wouldn't want it to be continued. The idea of a continued BIONICLE that just "happens" to pick up on G1's continuity to finish side stories is impossible. Why would a toy company ressurrect a noted old franchise in the least approachable way possible? Not even Greg Farshtey has interest in continuing story where it was - which is the writing on the wall. BIONICLE is over in any official capacity. Nothing Lego could write and produce would be what you want out of it. If you want an example, remember they literally rebooted BIONICLE and people got so mad that it didn't do the exact thing people wanted that it folded in barely 2 years.

(Critique of G2 aside - I honestly could write a paragraph about bad expectations for reboots and why I'm still somewhat mad people rejected sets that were better toys than several years of G1 BIONICLE were)

What people want out of a BIONICLE reboot is literal fantasy - which makes it so wonderful that you can just... do it yourself! Do you want the Yesterday Quest to end? Draft out an idea of what you would have done. Did you want exposition on Velika and what would have happened on the new Spherus Magna? People have written fanfics, drawn comics, and more that do this. I've read some genuinely really wonderful takes on characters and stories in the BIONICLE universe, alongside my own imagined ones. The best part about it is that it's really what you want it to be. I don't know why people disdain this answer, and instead expect Lego to grant them something perfect that they want. It's misguided at best.

Other people have echoed that sentiment to me. The best BIONICLE content I've run into in the past years are people who just do stuff with it. Reviving Bionicle is a wonderful ode to the series and the toylines. People make excellent stop motions, create new MOCs, envision characters the way you wished sets did from the movies, and even wrote things to fill in gaps (I read someone's whole take on the cancelled Ignition Book 7, and it was a lot of fun). Fans are what keep BIONICLE alive, and that's the way I'd want it.

There's this very pervasive aspect of it that always bothers me, and it's the idea of BIONICLE canon and having to establish something is in fact canon, and not just your own made up answer. It's the reason I feel like so much of the "canonization" thats occurred over the past 10 or so years has been disappointing. So much of it has been done out of the desire to be part of the BIONICLE story, rather than explain something interesting or actually flesh out the world. It's been some of the most nitpicky and weird little things that I almost groan hearing about canon contests and such. When BIONICLE was ongoing and it was a cool collaborative storytelling process, like 1000 years untold or the Dark Hunters competition? It was super cool and unique. Nowadays, trying to assert that some character somewhere in the universe actually always had this mask? What's the point? It's canon confirmation so some guy can point and say "I did that!"

On 7/2/2021 at 10:16 AM, Heyzorks said:

i think galidor should be rebooted. it's not bionicle, but it is constraction!.... kind of.

While I assume this is a joke, Galidor genuinely has more reason and ability to be rebooted than any of these IMO. Here's my yearly reminder as one of the longest lasting Galidor fans around - the world Galidor establishes is really good sci-fi and it sucks that Lego throwing in the towel on the toyline brought down such a wonderful kids/teens show. I would take new Galidor over new BIONICLE literally any day.

On 7/25/2021 at 10:43 AM, (-Kopaka Toa of Ice-) said:

I think Exo-Force is the same as Bionicle G2. The series did get off to a great start but my guess is that the theme dragged the Golden City plot for too long and sales plummeted fast.
That's why it got dropped.

I'm sort of curious why you think the Golden City plot went on too long - wasn't it literally just 2007? Granted, I sort of see what you mean: 2006 had a much more intriguing world and story. I really loved early Exo-Force.

Edited by T.B.O.C
  • Like 1

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!