BZTower

xccj

Back at BrickFair 2011 we had this crazy thing where we build a giant tower out of spare play bricks during one of the drinking nights.  It was a crazy and memorable project from some of the earlier convention years (for me at least) so I wanted to recreate it as a MOC for this contest.  Of course, the tower itself would be kind of a bland build, so I decided to also incorporate the tradition of PBZP, which was back when people would make MOCs of a bunch of members.  I didn't get the whole group, but I got the lot who I'm still (kind of) in touch with today.  And of course these are weird takes on their usernames and not actual depictions of them in person, because they are all really cool people and I couldn't possibly do them justice otherwise!!

The Tower: Even with the system lettering and base, this still passes the technic ratio for BBC Contests because this thing is super dense with thin liftarms.  It's a bit more colorful than the actual tower (which was made using a lot of white and brown bricks) and of course the lettering is different.  But I chose some artistic deviations to get the same feel for it across.  (I also forgot we added all sorts of weird antennas to the sides so those the flex wires were added in to mix up the texture.)

Emperor Whenua: Always the regal type, so I gave him a crown and a fluffy scarf.  I decided to keep with the Turaga route and made him hunchback but also super buff.

Chocolate Frogs: He wanted a green outfit, so I gave him a lime coat.  But more importantly, his brick-badge has a brown frog on it!

Nuju Metru: He was always the most dapper of us all, so I tried to give him a fancy suit and jacket, almost it's not quite as flush as I'd like it.  Had to give him the bowtie tho.

Bionicle Raptor: I was trying to make him into an actual dinosaur, but then he ended up more like a really buff but wingless dragon.

Me: Um, I tried to give him headphones and a green color scheme.

Anyway, that's what I have for a MOC.  Not exactly the most fabulous MOCs ever but I like how the scene has come together.  And now to send it to BrickFair to be displayed 10 years after the fact!

:music: 

• Like 3