Ash Dragon

So I didn't actually build this today, but in honor of 810NICLE day, I wanted to share this creation with you all. :)

The Ash Dragon typically lives around Ta-Wahi, among the lava flows, but every so often it flies to Le-Wahi for "greener" pastures to hunt in. It flies silently with it's black wings and is a very efficient hunter. Fortunately it cannot breathe fire, but it produces a cloud of ash when it lands, stunning prey and foes alike.

Anyways, you know the drill, let me know what you think, any feedback is appreciated! This has been one of my more complex mocs, and I'm quite happy with how it turned out (aside from the head, I was hoping to use something different than the Vakama Hordika head, but I figured it worked in the end.)

DSC01414.thumb.JPG.0a29475bf98eba6ecc9cc87ad31548b3.JPG

DSC01418.thumb.JPG.b61886e2c8120a0bc846111b48da2bc9.JPG

DSC01416.thumb.JPG.721e3816cc675d86305be9f6f0b3a5be.JPG

DSC01423.thumb.JPG.9f9723389d99db038727565a27219df1.JPG

fullsizeoutput_1427.thumb.jpeg.79f3309219ed2eaba87bd1c4a8946fe5.jpeg

DSC01437.thumb.JPG.51ad354344b4ffd98fd88813a414fa6d.JPG

Edited by TERIDAX941
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

On 8/14/2021 at 4:29 AM, Mushy the Mushroom said:

Oh my, what a majestic beast! Adore the color transition and wing design. Also, the little claw/foot design looks so realistic! Your photography skills are awesome, the one in the tree is my favorite. Fantastic work! 

Thank you, I've very happy with how he turned out! Getting him into that tree was very tricky :P He almost fell a few times :dazed:

• Like 2

Formerly Iron_Man5

Wow ! Really well done ^^. I like the silhouette of that noble beast, it looks very natural. Did you use references ? 

As for the exposed Ball joint i don´t think it´s that bad. It doesn´t detract from the shapping in my opinion.

Congrats on getting in the news by the way ! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Solaire said:

Wow ! Really well done ^^. I like the silhouette of that noble beast, it looks very natural. Did you use references ?

I actually first put this together as an entry to a LEGO Ideas contest, the one for making hybrid dinosaurs. So I took a Edmontonia and a Dimorphodon (see photos below for reference), spliced them together and the Ash Dragon was born. :) He resembles more of the latter, but he does have a much more stocky build thanks to the armored dinosaur. The red spikes on his tail are supposed to be from the Edmontonia as well.

Once the contest was over, I decided to give him a more BIONICLE world name and background, and I thin he works well for that. :) Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it! :D

Edmontonia Pictures & Facts - The Dinosaur Database

Edmontonia

Dimorphodon Pictures & Facts - The Dinosaur Database

Dimorphodon

• Like 1

Formerly Iron_Man5

On 8/21/2021 at 2:39 AM, TERIDAX941 said:
On 8/20/2021 at 10:07 AM, Heyzorks said:

hey, you made BZpower news!

Cool, that'd be a first for me! :D

now hold on. you mean to say you've been on this website 7 years and one of your mocs has never made BZPower news?!

i mean, a thomas the tank engine spider made BZPower news a few years back, so i don't see why your great creations don't get the attention they deserve!

• Upvote 1

cd8fe5e91d9a2d2ad25eceee0f67b726e8e8ae67.gif.9de126b854fc59a28d4a68fcd1ec0fd9.gif

11 hours ago, Heyzorks said:

now hold on. you mean to say you've been on this website 7 years and one of your mocs has never made BZPower news?!

i mean, a thomas the tank engine spider made BZPower news a few years back, so i don't see why your great creations don't get the attention they deserve!

Well that's actually my fault because this is the first year that I've posted any of my Mocs on this forum. I guess when I was younger I always thought that everyone else's was so much better that it wasn't worth sharing mine. I've since gotten more confident in my design and building skills, but I'm still no expert by any means :)

Thank you for the kind words!

• Upvote 1

Formerly Iron_Man5

On 8/26/2021 at 1:56 AM, TERIDAX941 said:

Well that's actually my fault because this is the first year that I've posted any of my Mocs on this forum. I guess when I was younger I always thought that everyone else's was so much better that it wasn't worth sharing mine. I've since gotten more confident in my design and building skills, but I'm still no expert by any means :)

Thank you for the kind words!

Not a expert? I won't be blunt but never underestimate yourself:rolleyes:  Many have started with their creations at some point and with maturity comes experience and skill.

Anyways It's a great dragon and the design is well done. Too bad the hordika head doesn't have much room for a moving jaw.

Edited by (-Kopaka Toa of Ice-)

19 hours ago, Alucus of the black Abyss said:

The cape parts on the wings really add a lovely organic feel, very cool. Also your photo work is great, especially the first shot in the tree. :D

Thank you I really am proud of how the wings turned out! I actually used the sails from the Black Pearl set, the front and back sails being triangular work perfectly as wings!

LEGO The Black Pearl Set 4184 Instructions | Brick Owl - LEGO Marketplace

• Like 1

Formerly Iron_Man5