Worst and Best Bionicle blasters?

Old one got shot down because of topic revival. (Ironic since this topic talks about shooting <_<)
Here's how i rated the launchers throughout the years

Matoran Disk Arm: Not the best start. The disk falls out, it's hard to aim and the arms wear out with heavy play. 5/10
2003 Kohlii Hammer game: The matoran bodies flop around a lot for the hammer to hit consistently. 4/10
2004 Kanoka: Vakama had the best version and these are great. 8/10
Rhotuka Launcher:  They're neat at first you can't hit anything. Also don't use it outdoors, i had to fetch one of mine off a rooftop once. 6/10
Zamor: Great for aim but the ammo isn't secure if you are using a piraka. Really good though 7/10
Cordak: big, clunky too heavy for a character to hold sometimes. Ammo tends to get stuck. 7/10
Squid: Just pathetic, sometimes they barely work, or the squids wear out and snap/ break. The rubber that the launcher is made out of deteriorates over time making it unusable 1/10
Midak Skyblaster: Really big but more secure for ammo. Never aim at others. 10/10
Makuta Shadow Leeches:
Interesting concept but doesn't always work like opening the ribcage or shell doesn't open. 5/10
Midak Ghost Launcher: Really strange, sometimes the darts don't get enough air to fly far and the dart is too huge to fly far. 3/10
Thornax Launcher: Exploding fruit weird but good aim and firing speed, also compatible with zamor balls. 8/10
2015 Stud Launcher: Very easy to reload, good rate of fire and the ammo is secure never falls out easily.
This is also versatile and has many combinations including a chest mounted gun, shoulder gun, or part of a Onua Uniter's drill hammer. 10/10

Best one is is the stud shooter in my opinion. Lego perfected it before bionicle g2 was using it.

Edited by (-Kopaka Toa of Ice-)

4 hours ago, Heyzorks said:

LEGO Piraka Avak Nestle #2

this one is the best.

Ah, I See You&#39;re a Man of Culture As Well | Know Your Meme

Although in all seriousness, I love anything Zamor based. So the original Zamor launchers, the Midak Skyblasters, the Thornax launchers, etc.

I enjoy the disks too, especially the 2004 Kanoka designs, and the Rhotuka can be fun to see how far they go even though they have no accuracy... and Stud Shooters are easy to incorporate into builds. But I can leave everything else. Especially the squids those can be left behind. 

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

The Rhotuka spinners are my all-time favourite.

Nothing else flies as high or as far as they do. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

14 hours ago, (-Kopaka Toa of Ice-) said:

Old one got shot down because of topic revival. (Ironic since this topic talks about shooting <_<)
Here's how i rated the launchers throughout the years

Matoran Disk Arm: Not the best start. The disk falls out, it's hard to aim and the arms wear out with heavy play. 5/10
2003 Kohlii Hammer game: The matoran bodies flop around a lot for the hammer to hit consistently. 4/10
2004 Kanoka: Vakama had the best version and these are great. 8/10
Rhotuka Launcher:  They're neat at first you can't hit anything. Also don't use it outdoors, i had to fetch one of mine off a rooftop once. 6/10
Zamor: Great for aim but the ammo isn't secure if you are using a piraka. Really good though 7/10
Cordak: big, clunky too heavy for a character to hold sometimes. Ammo tends to get stuck. 7/10
Squid: Just pathetic, sometimes they barely work, or the squids wear out and snap/ break. The rubber that the launcher is made out of deteriorates over time making it unusable 1/10
Midak Skyblaster: Really big but more secure for ammo. Never aim at others. 10/10
Makuta Shadow Leeches:
Interesting concept but doesn't always work like opening the ribcage or shell doesn't open. 5/10
Midak Ghost Launcher: Really strange, sometimes the darts don't get enough air to fly far and the dart is too huge to fly far. 3/10
Thornax Launcher: Exploding fruit weird but good aim and firing speed, also compatible with zamor balls. 8/10
2015 Stud Launcher: Very easy to reload, good rate of fire and the ammo is secure never falls out easily.
This is also versatile and has many combinations including a chest mounted gun, shoulder gun, or part of a Onua Uniter's drill hammer. 10/10

Best one is is the stud shooter in my opinion. Lego perfected it before bionicle g2 was using it.

Agree with everything except the Nynrah Ghostblaster. The Nynrah Ghostblaster works a lot better than the Cordak blaster. In addition, the Cordak blaster can break if it comes into contact with water, as the spring rusts. Something that is not the case with the Nynrah Ghost Blaster.

7 hours ago, Sailor Wah! said:

Agree with everything except the Nynrah Ghostblaster. The Nynrah Ghostblaster works a lot better than the Cordak blaster. In addition, the Cordak blaster can break if it comes into contact with water, as the spring rusts. Something that is not the case with the Nynrah Ghost Blaster.

Yes it's one of those that can't be repaired. A 13 year old gun and i doubt it's easy to open that thing and get a new spring that matches. The Exo Toa is similar, the spring literally is integrated into the whole gun.

9 hours ago, Sailor Wah! said:

the Cordak blaster can break if it comes into contact with water, as the spring rusts.

The only problem I've had with Cordak blasters is losing the ammo pieces from time to time. Most of them were eventually recovered, but there's one out there that's still missing...

RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

I really enjoyed the Zamor launchers, lore wise, the ammo made no sense, cuz the piraka's zamor couldn't enslave the Inika, and the Inika weren't about to shoot the piraka with energized protodermis spheres :dazed: So they literally were only good for shooting at the Matoran (or at Brutaka to make him stronger). The other color spheres had cool powers, or you could make up your own powers so that was fun.

Cordak blasters were my favorite I believe, who doesn't love a revolving cannon that shoots explosives? :D Had a similar problem lore wise, as the Mahri, they couldn't use them effectively on the Barraki, but they were cool for the plot to destroy the cord.

Squid launches were a cool idea, but very badly executed. I still have a few squid that haven't broke I think...

Thornax were fun, having the small plastic band made firing them a bit challenging if the rubber got stuck on the launcher. Very unique and cool!

Nynrah Ghost blasters were also fun, but it was hard pushing the plunger hard enough for them to go really far.

Midak skyblasters were really cool! Hit hard, and accurately,

Lego Stickers | Redbubble

We never really lost our Rhotuka spinners (at least not permanently!) Those were fun to see how far up we could get them to fly.

I never really got into the 2015 stud launchers, but it's really easy to lose those tiny pieces. Still, it does shoot hard and fast, and works very well.

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Unfortunately I never got the chance to play with the Matoran throwing arm. However, they're essentially adaptations of the Throwbot arms and I did get to play with them. But I was like... 5... 6 years old so I hardly remember anything about them.

Didn't get any Matoran in 2003 either, but in 2004...

Exo Toa Canon; Originally from Knight's Kingdom, if I'm not mistaken. They were pretty good and flew pretty far. The projectile was also very hard to lose. 8/10

Kanoka Disk Launcher; Always thought it was some sort of crossbow when I was a kid. Anyway, pretty cool, albeit flimsy. Disk shoots pretty far, but only if you position it right. 6/10

Rotuka Spinners; Probably the longest range launchable Bionicle has ever had. But the score isn't just for that; It's virtually impossible to hit anything with it, so being one of those cheap copter toys is all it got going for it. 5/10

Zamor Sphere Gun; Because lets be real, it's a gun. These are alright save for the fact that posing with ammunition inside of them is impossible. They are, however, a lot more stable to fire than the disk launcher. But they look kinda... ugly. 6/10

Zamor Sphere Gun with magazine; Never liked these. Pose-ability is only mildly more improved due to the magazine, but the whole thing just looks bulky and cumbersome. 3/10

Squid Launcher; The concept in on itself was really weird to begin with. But I never even got it to work. 1/10

Cordak Blaster; Now we're talking! And Kongu does a 1-up on Terminator by wielding TWO miniguns! Can be fired very rapidly, looks cool to shoot because of its moving parts and the ammunition was surprising easy to find back due to its bright red colour. Incorporating it into builds was also easier due to its shape and connection points. 10/10

Chest Launcher; Kinda lame... honestly. Can only be used for stuff like bombing runs. The leaches were easily lost; most of the people I knew only had the orange delivery ball left after just a week. I did like the ribcage shape of the launcher though. Always tried making something macabre with it, like a skeleton Makuta with its cybernetics and organs exposed. 3/10

Midak Skyblaster; The bazooka that fires balls of pure elemental light! Or just a repurposed zamor sphere launcher. Yeah, I didn't like it at first because it was just using silver zamors, and we already had those, so it felt kinda cheap. But I quickly learned to love it for keeping the ammunition very safe, being able to incorporate into builds pretty well and... well... it just looks like a bazooka when a Matoran holds that thing! It's Bionicle's official bazooka! 9/10

Never had any Mistika, so I never got the chance to try out the Ninrah Ghost Blaster.

Thornax Launcher; Was very "meh" to me. Was about as flimsy as the disk launcher but didn't have a cool design at all. I guess, because it exists as two parts, it's much easier to build with, though. 5/10

Stud Launcher; Cordak Blaster MKII, only this time with much easier to lose ammunition. 8/10

The irony. XD

Edited by Tattorack

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

10 hours ago, Tattorack said:

Exo Toa Canon; Originally from Knight's Kingdom, if I'm not mistaken. They were pretty good and flew pretty far. The projectile was also very hard to lose. 8/10

Stud Launcher; Cordak Blaster MKII, only this time with much easier to lose ammunition. 8/10

The irony. XD

I **think**, without looking that the Exo-Toa gun was first used with the Throwbots line in 1998, so a couple years earlier, and a bit closer to Bionicle's prehistory.

And for the Stud Lancher, while I dislike losing even 1x1 round plates, it is a point in their favour that you could go down to the LEGO Store and load up a lifetime of ammo for about 8 bucks.

1 hour ago, Hau1 said:

I **think**, without looking that the Exo-Toa gun was first used with the Throwbots line in 1998, so a couple years earlier, and a bit closer to Bionicle's prehistory.

I don't know if it was used in Throwbots/Slizers, but the Competition Cannon has its origin in the Technic Competition subtheme in 1998-1999 in stuff like this: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=8233-1#T=S&O={"iconly":0} So not a ball joint ancestor of Bionicle, but kinda a proto-Rahi thing in terms of functions based on hitting targets and triggering four bar linkage mechanism. 

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

My favorite is the Zamor sphere launcher for a couple reasons. It's got some sentimental value because it was on the first set I bought for myself (Piraka Reidak), it's got one of the strongest launching actions, and to top it off it's the most customizable; you can build onto the launching stem to create a custom trigger, or you can build onto the top to create an arbitarily large ammo magazine. Honorable mentions go to the Tohunga arm and Rhotuka spinners for their novelty, and the Thornax launcher for being effective and unobtrusive.

Worst would have to be either the squid launcher because it doesn't really work, or the '08 Makuta chest launcher because it kinda just drops the projectile (you could say Lego really DROPPED THE BALL on that one! Ha.). Dishonorable mentions: the Midak Ghost Launcher is just generally underwhelming, and I'm conflicted on the Cordak blaster because it looks cool, but it's pretty bulky and can be unreliable.

I really need a better signature.

On 8/15/2021 at 6:57 PM, TERIDAX941 said:

ore wise, the ammo made no sense, cuz the piraka's zamor couldn't enslave the Inika, and the Inika weren't about to shoot the piraka with energized protodermis spheres

I think the simple fact of the matter is that the story team didn't want the characters to just be shooting at each other in all their fights, instead keeping the focus on melee combat and using their powers. The Cordak Blasters, Midak Skyblasters, and Thornax Launchers were super boring because they were just plain guns basically. Kanoka and Rhotuka were the most interesting since they all had different powers. 

Edited by Lorentz

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

On the most basic level, the exo toa launcher was the best. That thing REALLY worked.

Among canister sets, the zamors were probably the best balance of aesthetic and function-- the only downside was how easily they fell out, but I'd always just add a piece on top so the ammo was secured. Rhotuka were also a lot of fun to play with, though somewhat gimmicky. Discs were just alright as projectiles, but the aesthetic was cool.

Although I liked zamor launchers a lot, I think their success led later sets to rely too hard on launchers to the detriment of overall aesthetics. Especially with the cordak launchers and nynrah ghostblasters, you had these huge chunks of red and silver plastic that made cohesive color schemes impossible. Models like Jaller Mahri and Lesovikk stood out partly because they got to carry just a single weapon, and the simplicity made them look like noble figures. At that time I really missed the simplicity of design from the early years-- though 2009 did remedy this to some degree.

• Like 1