The Rahaga's Mission

I posted this on the TTV Message Boards. Thought the folks here would find this interesting. 

I am a relatively new fan lore-wise, so I’ve been reading the books for the first time. Some of my favorite characters are the Rahaga. Something about them that I don’t see many people talk about is the significance of their mission after they steal the Mask of Light.

Makuta’s original job was to create and look after the rahi of the universe, but he abandoned that in order to pursue more tyrannical goals. In doing so he cast his body guards, the Toa Hagah, aside, probably thinking that they were not worth much. On top of that, he relied heavily on the Visorak for his army. The Visorak are Rahi, but I get the impression that they are an aggressive and invasive species. So Makuta is favoring a single rahi species at the expense of every other, all in the name of conquest.

The Rahaga saw the wrath of the Visorak first hand, so they know what kind of damage they can do. What I love is that the Rahaga decide that if Makuta is going to abandon his duty as protector of the rahi, they’ll do his job and they’ll do it better! The Rahaga then proceed to document every single rahi in existence and rescue a huge number of them! 

TLDR: The Rahaga decided that if their old boss Terry was going to be a bad zookeeper, then they would spite him by becoming the best darn zookeepers that ever existed!! 

What do you guys think? 

Edited by HeavyLobster
  • Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 7:44 PM, HeavyLobster said:

The Rahaga decided that if their old boss Terry was going to be a bad zookeeper, then they would spite him by becoming the best darn zookeepers that ever existed!! 

this is single-handedly the best description of the rahaga i have ever heard.

also, bonus points for calling him "Terry".

• Upvote 1

cd8fe5e91d9a2d2ad25eceee0f67b726e8e8ae67.gif.9de126b854fc59a28d4a68fcd1ec0fd9.gif

• 6 months later...
On 8/17/2021 at 7:44 PM, HeavyLobster said:

I posted this on the TTV Message Boards. Thought the folks here would find this interesting. 

I am a relatively new fan lore-wise, so I’ve been reading the books for the first time. Some of my favorite characters are the Rahaga. Something about them that I don’t see many people talk about is the significance of their mission after they steal the Mask of Light.

Makuta’s original job was to create and look after the rahi of the universe, but he abandoned that in order to pursue more tyrannical goals. In doing so he cast his body guards, the Toa Hagah, aside, probably thinking that they were not worth much. On top of that, he relied heavily on the Visorak for his army. The Visorak are Rahi, but I get the impression that they are an aggressive and invasive species. So Makuta is favoring a single rahi species at the expense of every other, all in the name of conquest.

The Rahaga saw the wrath of the Visorak first hand, so they know what kind of damage they can do. What I love is that the Rahaga decide that if Makuta is going to abandon his duty as protector of the rahi, they’ll do his job and they’ll do it better! The Rahaga then proceed to document every single rahi in existence and rescue a huge number of them! 

TLDR: The Rahaga decided that if their old boss Terry was going to be a bad zookeeper, then they would spite him by becoming the best darn zookeepers that ever existed!! 

What do you guys think? 

Yeah, I can see it happening. Also, since the Toa Hagah were mutated, they probably gain abilities that let them communicate or help calm the rahi in some ways. Better than what Terry could do, that’s for sure.